Boulevard Reviews

Boulevard

Business management software for salons and spas

Boulevard

Amazing system

I am extremely pleased with how well Boulevard integrated with my business and allows me to run my day more smoothly. I appreciate the extremely quick response time of our account manager and the help chat team as well. When you have timely concerns, waiting for an answer just isn't going to work! Finally, having the reporting documents that I need to fully understand what my business is telling me is so important. I have never been more aligned with what's right for my company and what I need to focus more on. I also think that it is extremely impressive that a company has a suggestion page for it's users to drop them information on what they need out of the system. All in all, this program will help your company function more smoothly which in turn can help you become more profitable!

Pros

I love the front desk page. It is extremely helpful in organizing the clients for the day and making sure that clients are well managed and greeted! I also like that the system has an app and that it is generally user friendly. The online booking feature is great because it keeps the client on your webpage instead of redirecting to another site.

Cons

You have to request and petition to get the company name on the merchant code for CC transactions - if you don't do this and clients dispute the charges when they check their CC statements and don't recognize the charge name, you're automatically charged $30. So be sure to petition for that change right away with your account manager. The app, while awesome to have, has a few things that it is lacking but I'm fully confident that it will soon be working at max capacity.

Functional. Innovative. Classy.

Our clients are happier. Our employees are happier. Our bank account is happier.

Pros

If you are under the impression that salon software is all the same, Boulevard will change your mind. From setup and functionality, to after-sale service and support. They are constantly bringing additional functionality to the platform. We have a dedicated (in every sense of that word) partner on the service and support side. No call center "promises of resolution. Most of all, this is not a "subscription" you buy. Joining Boulevard provides you a team of specialists. And it is has a very classy feel for the clients.

Cons

None. The only difficult decision was deciding exactly how dissatisfied we'd become with our prior provider. Once we made the decision, the rest was easy!

almost perfect

if we can work quickly through some of the challenges it will be great, if not buyers remorse

Pros

ease of booking and working with appointments

Cons

there are technical issues that need to be worked out that are causing frustration form staff and clients payment processor is also a down side integrations for internal marketing could be improved and create a SIGNIFICANT amount of value

A league above the rest

Overall, the company is very happy with Boulevard. We have evidence that the platform will only continue to improve as it takes into consideration customer suggestions. It is evolving beautifully.

Pros

This has been the best booking system/P.O.S. that I have used industry-wide. Features are highly customizable and only getting better. The interface is more intuitive than others and easier on the eyes. Client-tracking is useful and loyalty program is very exciting.

Cons

The app isn’t as developed as the website— I wish we could check clients out on the phone app and that the message center was available through the app. Certain functions are only available on the web browser which can be clunky.

Great Software

I have used so many other software and this by far has been the best.

Pros

There are so many functions that help us run our salon with ease. They are always are adding new features to make it better

Cons

More of a learning curve like with any software.

Love BOULEVARD!

Pros

I love that it is so easy to look up information and also add and customize for our business. Tech support is always there to help and notify's us if there is any changes due to holidays ahead of time!

Cons

I wish that I could customize the differences while making the schedule, i.e every other monday instead of first and third, etc.

The best, new salon software out there!

It's been the best! If you're a salon owner like myself, I highly recommend it! These people know what they're doing.

Pros

It's elegant, intuitive, easy to use, and has everything we could possibly need. Clients don't have to login anywhere online or register to make an appointment. From what we've come across, when clients have to create an account online just to make an appointment, it causes a drop off since it's too many steps. Reporting is detailed and easy to understand, unlike other salon software programs. Customer service is also the best, we have 1 rep we work with and can call them up anytime if we need help.

Cons

Needs email marketing within the platform. Right now we can pull a list of emails in the software and filter by locations, appointment type, stylist, etc. but it'd be nice if we could create the email directly in the platform.

Loving our new software

We switched from a really large, out of date system. Boulevard is clean and simple. It has brought our salon into 2020 with ease. I would have never gotten through the quarantine and being able to work remotely without the ease of Boulevard. The customer service staff is wonderful, always available, and quick to respond. I am so pleased with our choice to switch, I would never go back!

Pros

Ease of communicating to the company is top notch! The program is simple, clean, and easy to use. Transition from the other software we used was painless. Booking app and staff app is great! Integrated CC processing is amazing as well.

Cons

A few reports could be added, online booking features could be a bit cleaner.

Beautiful ui

I have experienced good things. It’s also a big hard to have add on services that don’t also take up more time on the calendar.

Pros

It’s user friendly and easy to figure out

Cons

The app is very difficult to use when booking multiple services on a mobile device. The times always want to auto adjust. When you change one they all change. It’s frustrating.

So far so good - cautiously optimistic for the future!

Multiple merchant accounts, low credit card processing fees, automated messaging is nice. Overall customer service is very responsive and helpful, hopefully all the features we are waiting on will actually happen soon. Our previous system promised us that a huge feature we needed would be done in 3 months... for 3 years.

Pros

What was most important to us was the ability to have multiple merchant accounts as we have many renters and all share the same scheduling system.

Cons

We were told when we signed up that there was a Shopify sync, which was not actually working when we implemented it and it has been about 4 months so far and it's still not on the radar. So we are anxiously awaiting that piece which is a huge chunk of why we switched to boulevard. Also waiting on classes feature, new card readers, and gift card functionality.

Must have for Salon or Spa

I was impressed with the training and communication with the Boulevard onboarding team when we made the switch. They made the big switch easy and it was seamless. It can be scary to bring in new things to your business but this is a no brainer. The reporting systems are the most detailed, the training for staff makes it so you don't have to do anything, and the clients love it. Highly recommend!

Pros

How it is the most functional and modern software for my industry. Boulevard has simplified so many frustrating features we had to work through with other booking softwares, plus our clients have complimented how easy it is to use online booking.

Cons

The reports can be tricky to navigate and sometimes it can be slow but it resolves itself or If i need help I use the Help Chat service and any questions I have get resolved within minutes.

The most innovative & functional salon software on the market

It's fantastic. It's the best in the industry and I've researched all of them. They're progressive in the sense that the software will continue to expand its features. Which in turn makes it easier for all of my staff and the clients to have the best experience possible.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly book appointments online via our own book now button. The ability have a complete cloud based service.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow you to have all the functions as the website

Great support staff

Great

Pros

Very easy to use. Great support staff.

Cons

More included without having to purchase separate.

Boulevard review

Superb. Support has been outstanding, which is a key feature, or mny of them, on why i choose Boulevard over other POS companies. I used to sell POS (long time ago) and the support has been stellar, everyone is beyond professional and helpful.

Pros

The adaptability is a key feature, many, many features make for an easy fit into our existing business. So many options that I haven't begun scratching the surface.

Cons

Implementation was a little lacking - maybe offer an in person option for future establishments.

Love it

Kind easy to work with. Really focused on quality and a great client user experience

Pros

That we have completely reduced our cancellations with the deposit fee

Cons

At first they needed more reports but have since fixed that

Finally, a user friendly system!

Amazing. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

Pros

Thank you Boulevard for creating and operating a system that is very user friendly. The communication with customer service and help staff has been fabulous, and the ease of the system has helped our efficiency in great way!

Cons

Not finding it sooner! I love boulevard and so does our entire staff.

Love working with BLVD + excited to see them grow

Pros

BLVD is a great booking system for so many reasons. First and most importantly their team is incredibly responsive and helpful. Their help chat is perhaps the best on any platform that I use. Our rep is also always there to help us by answering questions or taking product requests. The platform is also pretty user-friendly and intuitive. BLVD is actively working on improvements + developments, so I look forward to seeing where they go next.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that are frustrating to our employees + our clients. For example the booking flow can feel stiff, and we are still not set up to have our clients have client profiles that they can log into and view their data in. On the internal side, sometimes there are processes that we have to do manually that I wish could be automated - pulling certain reports for example.

One of the best choices I have made for my salon business

Our overall experience with Boulevard has been exceptional. I have been so happy with this product. Worth every penny

Pros

What I like most is that is is easy, straight forward, it looks nice. Matches up with my branding, and the support team is on top. Any time I’ve needed support, have any question, someone reaches out usually within the same day- if not by next day. I can’t say enough about how much my team and I love this software- and we have only been using it for 5 months at this point.

Cons

Nothing so far- Boulevard is constantly working to make improvements and getting feedback/ideas from the customers using the software.

We love Boulevard!

Overall, we are so pleased w Blvd! The online booking feature is so fantastic, our clients always compliment how easy the process is :)

Pros

Here at HHEB Salon we love Blvd! We love the mobile app as it creates unity with our scheduling and keeps our stylists informed on scheduling! Our reception loves Blvd for easy booking and checking out! We appreciate the client profile sections to keep track of notes, services, products and appointment details. As a manager, I really like the manage tab. It provides me quick access to all info needed from inventory, sales, and employee info. This is also a great tool for goal setting and development.

Cons

We are very excited about the new loyalty program and are looking forward to implementing.... Still working on understanding ;)

Boulevard Review

Boulevard had been a great part of our overall success and have been wonderful partners.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service response. I also really appreciate the salon centered perspective and how they think about how to help salons become successful. I really love the fact that the software also captures and stores all client payment information. I also love the stylist app.

Cons

I would love a robust loyalty plan for clients. I would also love to see a more robust stylist app.

Impressive and customizable

We love boulevard. Our clients and staff have the easiest access to a smartly integrated software and booking system.

Pros

I love being able to customize and build my own reports to build specifics for all my staff!

Cons

There were some growing pains at first - but getting worked out daily!

Simple and Effective

It's been amazing. We were previously using Booker and I was at my wits end with them. We discovered BLVD in the middle of Quarantine and after many Zoom meetings we were able to have everything integrated and launched by our re-opening date. Very, very, happy.

Pros

Ease of use, layout, productivity, and comprehensive yet easily accessible reports. The Customer Service alone was worth the switch to BLVD. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are actual angels- I'm convinced.

Cons

Random little things- there's no option to do a mass print out of guest tickets for the day. There is no option to print out price stickers for product we retail.

Super easy to use

Overall easy and effortless with no major issues

Pros

I think booking on this is extremely easy, i like the viewing on the day/three day

Cons

i wish there was a view option for a week (instead of just one day or three days) and i also wish there was a whole month view (not necessarily with the blocks but just to view the month as a calendar whole). I also wish you could hold down an appointment and move the time up or down, or extend the appointment length by dragging the bottom of the appointment. Right now the hold down feature only creates a new appointment but doesn’t edit current appointments.

Boulevard with Salon functions

Pros

Its generally easy to navigate and easy for anyone to use; all the locations/ buttons are categorized efficiently

Cons

I would like to see an option to delete clients from the system

Wonderful company!

Pros

Extremely user friendly! Our stylists and guests move with ease through this system which is super valuable.

Cons

No complaints about the system truly love this system.