talech Logo

talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

talech Reviews

User ratings

3.9

• Likelihood to recommend7.61/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's ease of use makes it perfect for our small store. What brought me to Talech was the ability to manage inventory and now the new integrated 2.0 is exciting.
Have been happy with the improvements. Main improvements I would like to see is reports with subtotals when downloaded and a more robust quickbooks integration.
They are always happy to help. For me the ease of use, reliability and cost is why I give it 5 stars.
Customer service is really bad!!!!!! Call because you are having a problem and are shut down until it is fixed and you have to leave a message and they will call back.
Talech POS does not work with credit cards consistently , tech support is clueless.

talech users...

Square Point of Sale-logocaret
listing-logo

Square Point of Sale

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret
listing-logo

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

How would you rate talech?

Good product, exceptional customer support

I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

Pros

All the options

Cons

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Very happy with Talech!

Customer service is the best. There are things I wish I could access with Talech, but not yet available. I am told they are working on it. I am very unhappy with my card company Elavon, but haven't switched yet because I need to find someone that will allow my point of sale to be Talech.

Pros

Different ways to inventory and access products.

Cons

I need to have the availability to print reports showing all new inventory added per year.

We're so glad to hear that you're happy with talech, Keyle! Thanks for being a customer and writing a review. I've shared your feedback about inventory reporting with the product team. We'd love to know about the things that you'd like to access but aren't yet available. Please reach out at your convenience and let us know. We'd love to hear from you!

Technical support team are awesome

I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

Pros

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

Cons

To much extra stuff, we don't need Simplicity is better for older people

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

pretty good but needs improvement

the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Just missed the mark

Overall my experience is poor. I was sold on this program, that it would do everything I needed for my business. It did not live up to its end.

Pros

Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs

Cons

Where to begin. The software is horrible. Every time there is an upgrade something goes wrong. Be it a printer malfunctioning or part of the program not working properly. I spend hours with customer service to get nowhere. They must constantly send out patches for the problems they create.

Retail sals

I would like to see a better way to track inventory such as being able to look up 1 item and tell the sales history for that item. I would also like to see better instructional videos about how to use tags, modifiers, etc. I think you are to much geared towards restaurant and not retail sales.

Pros

Easy to use basic functions

Cons

Inventory tracking,

Thanks for writing a review and sharing feedback, David. I have shared your comments about better inventory tracking with the product team. We'd love to hear more about additional features that would help your retail business. What else would you like to have to help you run your business better? Please let us know. We love hearing from you!

American Pie Pizzeria

Overall the software is good. I wish you could get same info online as you get from actual IPads. My experience with customer service has not been stellar.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Information given on website is good but does not include everything.

Cons

Cannot get same info at website as you can get from actual terminal.

Thanks for the review and feedback, Brenda. I have passed along your feedback to the product team regarding information being available both on iPad and the web. Could you share more about what data or reporting you'd like to see on both? It would be great to know more. Please continue to share what you love and what you'd like to see more of. We appreciate feedback! Thanks for being a talech customer!

Lux Ave boutique

I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Pros

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Cons

Not a retail friendly

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Simply awesome!

The talech cash register has made a huge difference for our business! There are so many features we love about this product! We purchased for two of our businesses! The customer support is the best I've ever dealt with in my 34 years of doing business! Love it!

Pros

Ease in entering new products. Search functionality.

Cons

Would like to be able to change wages for employee to something other than hourly.

Thanks so much for being a customer and writing a review, Sandy. We're so happy to hear that things have been going well for you and customer support has been a delight. Thanks for the feedback on employee wage needs. I've gone ahead and shared this with the product team. Please keep sharing - we love to hear from you!

User Friendly POS always making improvements

Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others. So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

Cons

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.

My Talech Review

I have been using Talech for just under 2 years now. Some of the things about it are great, and some are really bad. The reports do not give enough information for a retail business. I have been asking for almost 2 years to have an improvement made to the "notes" part of the reports and get no feedback or improvements. Generally the reporting needs the most improvement.

Pros

Easy to add products

Cons

Reporting information - not enough information and hard to use

Thanks for writing a review and sharing, Debbie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Simply Simple!

I started my business in Oct 2015 and Talech has been part of my small business. Being a start up there are always issues and problems coming up and Talech and Talech supports staff are always a click away and they even do follow ups. I'm sure I've racked up pretty high on call-ins for issues. Again, simply simple for anyone to use and with Talech Support staff that's one less headache I have to worry about. Business Tibet Corner Family owned Tibetan and Indian restaurant

Pros

Easy to use and learn and reports are awesome!!!

Cons

I wish the software was available on iPhones!!!!! And additional devices are free/cheaper

We're so thrilled to have you and Tibet Corner as a customer, Tenzing. Thank you for the review and for letting what you like and what you'd like to see. We've let the product team know about your request.

This system is easy to use, however, it needs high-speed internet and newest version of iPad.

Pros

This system can be easy applied on iPad, touch screen is easy to use, data analysis function is useful. It also has working time recording function for employees to record their shift and also easy to tracking. We use this system on daily bases, so the end-of-day report is an outstanding point.

Cons

this system only works on small business, or the business which do not have large volume of products. If the business do have large volume of products, then it will take a while to find out the product that you are looking for every time.

Getting better every day!

Talech is our store's first experience with any type of computerized POS system - and as an old fashioned, country feed store, it was a huge jump for us. We were able to set the entire system up on our own and tailor it to our needs. For a group that isn't technologically savvy we have been very impressed with Talech's ease of use! Their customer service team has always been there 100% to help us along the way, too. We have been using our POS system for just over a year now, and we feel like it's only getting better every day!

Pros

Easy to use and set up

Cons

We have a lot of tax exempt customers and there isn't an easy way to search for them in the customer database

Thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing a review, Ashley! I let the product team know about your request about searchability. Please continue to share feedback and requests with us.

Just Okay Experience

We have used it for a year and a half at two locations. It works fine for every day retail use. I've been most frustrated with the service we've been provided. There have been system glitches that have happened that we were not given notice of or apologies for. I understand the need for system upgrades but a lot of times we found they were being tested on the weekends when we are the most busy and found our systems to be shut down or our customers were charged double.

Pros

easy to use, program,

Cons

poor communication about testing. Service always blamed the credit card processor or vice versus

Thank you for your feedback, Cassie. We love hearing from customers about what can be better. Austin, a senior product manager, has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with him.

Okay, but has intermittant wierd things happen that Talech can't explain/fix.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and make product changes.

Cons

Getting Talech to fix things like problems with half cents on sales tax and half cents with discount. We had to change all of our prices that ended in .95 to .98 since discount half cents issue never has been addressed. Took them two plus years to fix the half cents sales tax issue. I reported BOTH of these issues within days of starting to use the registers/software. The terminals are bluetoooth only; there needs to be an option for a terminal that is hardwired!!!!!

LEAF's 2 cents

Talech is an innovative and great product. The fact that they are constantly making updates and changes to better serve their clients is what makes it really nice. The customer service is always polite and informative. I have worked with this product for a year now and I have had a overall great experience.

Pros

I like the ever changing aspect. The fact that I can give feedback and they will take it into account is wonderful.

Cons

I think the only thing I do not like is that there are some features that older inventory systems have that telech is still working on.

Thanks for the review and for being a talech customer, Chris. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with product and customer service. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

A great system

We have been using for several years. Very few issues and were quickly resolved. The only disappointment is with gift cards. Of course that is an issue more with processors. However, you would think that would be a priority. Overall the system is very strong and for the cost it is a good deal

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons

I would like to see a better and more affordable option for gift cards.

Thanks for writing a review and sharing feedback, Kent. I've shared your request re: gift cards with the product team. Please continue to share your feedback so we can continue to improve the product. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Talech is amazing!

I've always loved Talech and shared my experience for the system with other small businesses. It's ease of use makes it perfect for our small store. What brought me to Talech was the ability to manage inventory and now the new integrated 2.0 is exciting!

Pros

Cons

I wish I could link my website for online sales.

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing us a review, Tami! We're so happy that you love and still love talech after 2+ years. We can integrate talech with some ecommerce sites. We'd love to see if we can integrate talech with your site. I'll have someone reach out! Or feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.

Ice cream parlor

Ordered Talech for my ice cream parlor and in the shop it works fine. Back office capabilities are lacking. I cannot seem to easily grab the reports that are important to me but am usually able to piece things together to get what I need. Best of luck if your credit card machine goes down. You just don't know who to call.

Pros

Cons

Reporting capabilities

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kelli. I have shared your feedback about back office features and reporting not being robust enough for you. We apologize for the recent processing outages. If you cannot get a hold of your processor, please reach out to us and we can help direct you to the right place. Please continue to share thoughts with us. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Best POS system we've used so far

Works well in our fast paced business, much better than the last 'Cloud Based System' we had in place, offers new features on regular basis, customer service is usually helpful unless it's something they have no control over such as internet connection. Overall a good system.

Pros

Offers and updates us on new features, able to track employee stats and hours, fairly easy to create new menu items, compatible with competitive processing companies, generates reports based on desired timeline or time range

Cons

Expensive

Thank you for being a customer and writing a review, Amy. We are so glad that talech is working well for you. If there is anything else you'd like to see for your business, please let us know. We love to hear from you.

Confident with talech

Our overall experience with talech has been good. Some features like inventory or stock take don't work well for us but with the latest update the changes have been great and have given us even more capability at the table for our customers. They gave us a lot of changes that we asked for and even beyond. It making running our business a whole lot easier.

Pros

Relatively easy to use

Cons

Need a fully functioning monthly inventory system that will make our account happy

Kathy, thanks for your feedback and writing a review. We're glad to hear that the latest update is working well for you. I will let the team know about your feedback on inventory management and stock take. It's great to hear your thoughts! Please continue to share.

First Time P.O.S. Users

Talech was our first P.O.S. software we had ever used, in our business. before talech we were doing everything very old fashion. The transition into the Talech software was very easy, and user friendly. It did not take long at all before both my employees and myself became very reliant on Talech. All of the Tech support is very useful, and they are very good about explaining things in ways that we can understand very easily. We recommend Talech for anyone!

Pros

very easy to use

Cons

It sometimes mixes up our inventory, although as long as we do regular stock take that problem is covered.

Thank you for being a customer and writing review, Sam! We're thrilled to hear that you and your team are happy with talech as your POS. If there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

4 out of 5 stars aren't bad

The software is not perfect, bur honestly the customer service on the banking end is what stinks. When you made all your updates recently it became a little more difficult to use. And it became more difficult to obtain some of the back office reports as well.

Cons

Thanks for writing a review and being so candid. We are sorry to hear that you're having challenges with your banking support team. Is there anything we can help with? We'd love to know more about what is not working well for you with the update. Would you care to share more with us? If so, please reach out at your convenience. We'd love to hear from you.

Great Product!

We're a newer company and Talech has made our sales a seamless experience. We love the ease with which we can customize the software to meet our needs. It's easy to use, therefore we're able to teach others how to help out with our in-store sales. We also love the reporting capabilities as well. We're extremely satisfied with our choice in POS software.

Pros

Cons

No complaints

Thanks for the review and being a customer for over 2 years, Melinda! We're so glad that the product is working well for you and your team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything at all. We're here to help!