TouchBistro Reviews

Pros

I like using TouchBistro because is easy to use and has a lot of helpful tools. The customer service is great and every time I have a technical issue is resolved quickly.

AS

Alma S.

The POS itself is super super easy to figure out , it was getting all the equipment and setting up the wireless that I struggled with. Get help where you need it most.

CG

Christina G.

The most useful tool for me is reporting. The ease of adding removing and repricing is also a favourite.

BT

Bob T.

MR

Michelle R.

We never used hey second of their service and still they stole our money. High pressure criminals who will do ANYTHING to get your money.

SB

Serge B.

Shady, unworkable, zero customer service, fraudulent with extremely shifty people there.

SB

Serge B.

TouchBistro POS Review

Transcript

Kyle W.: Hello there. My name is Kyle. I'm a videographer in the manufacturing industry and I give TouchBistro...

For iPad soulution for busy restaurants, this is your answer!

I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I...

Pros

Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.

Cons

No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

Cons

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

A Big Steaming Pile o'POS!!

Their tech support is a joke, it takes all day to get a hold of someone, unless of course they have just rolled out an update that is writhe with errors, then it may take as much as two days to get through to their support. It's really fun when a pos- pos update makes your visa service go out for an entire day. This company is in way to far over their heads. The system is not reliable and neither is...

Pros

I thought this would have a better interface than what I had been using. And while it is a little sexier and the touchscreen is handy, but those small benefits our out weighed by the other problems with their lack of competent support and other functionality.

Cons

The biggest problem is that they oversold and under delivered. They told me that all my current printers would work with their requirements. Opps get ready to go live, go live and then find out you have to purchase a $350 printer bc your visa printer isn't "actually compatible" after all. Print all of your visa slips to a boh printer and run to the kitchen to retrieve them for a week while the new...

Fair value for the price

It has been fair. Sometimes their customer service department is hard to get a hold of. We have found that calling in the morning hours (MST) have proven to be best odds so far.

Pros

The ease of my staff being able to use it on a daily basis to change or revise orders is much simplier than what we had prior.

Cons

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers. And, we are getting ready to utilize the online ordering feature and found out that nested modifiers do not pull into the online ordering platform, which is difficult and we are going to have to find a work around.

Hi Ashley, thank you very much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you and your staff have found TouchBistro to be easy to use. I will pass your note regarding your Online Ordering trouble on to our product team. - The TouchBistro Team

TouchBistro POS Review

When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

Scam!

Definitely a scam I would not suggest this to anyone it’s a waste of money any other company like square or light speed pos is way cheaper and have had much more success save your money use a different company.

Pros

There is no pros to this company they trap you into a one year contract for software that doesn’t work. The program is laggy shuts itself down it’s not a good platform.

Cons

The programming isn’t complete isn’t compatible they have no tech team to help you on site it’s all over the phone. You pay 80+ dollars a month for an app that should be free.

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Though our onboarding team is remote we do pride ourselves on setting up our customers' tech to fit their business' needs right the first time. We'd love the chance to make things right! Please send me an email at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with the name your account is under if you're still experiencing issues so I can have someone reach out to you.

Excellent product!

TouchBistro is central to our restaurant operation. Our servers are happy with it, and overall administration is easy and effective for our needs.

Pros

TouchBistro is very easy setup and use and is truly designed for restaurant use. The cloud reporting feature and customer support are also excellent.

Cons

The one downside for us is that you can't do any real administrative activity without disrupting service, so you have to do it on one of the iPads outside business hours.

Hey, George! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be very easy to setup and use, and agree with us that TouchBistro is truly designed for restaurant use. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use.

Pros

I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Cons

Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Hey, Chris! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Wonderful Point of sale software for restaurants

Great software to have when runnings a restaurant business. Set up is easy to use and the price is great compared to that of its other competitors.

Pros

What I love about touch bistro is that it has a feature where your customers can upgrade their own meals from their own table through a smart self-ordering kiosk system. What I also love about this software is the fact that you don’t need no internet at all to have it being use. Gives staff members a smooth transition through their day to day work hours.

Cons

When making certain orders it tends to lag a bit. The features that comes with it are not all customizable.

Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! It's so great to hear that you're finding value with TouchBistro in your venue, and making the best use of our kiosk.

Easy to train new employees

Sales Tax feature and clock-in clock-out features

Pros

Track revenue keep track of payroll and clock in and clock out features. Direct tech help although long wait time during peak hours. Easy to add menu items and change prices

Cons

Issues with a simple wire cord from cash drawer to printer. Tech support lacks experience when asked about replacement equipment which was frustrating during business hours

Hey, Michael! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to train your new employees on and are getting value from the employee clock-in/clock-out and reporting functionality. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Worst customer support - EVER

This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands. Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pros

When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Cons

It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!! Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called...

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Hey, Haley! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge! Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis. If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Easy to use, intuitive with excellent stats and dashboard.

After researching the market for new POS system for my newly established Cafe/Bar I found Touch Bistro to be superior to many products in the market. It is cost effective, easy to use, doesn't require specialized equipment (Only Ipad, printer and cash till), easy to install and learn on your own and requires minimum training for new staff. One of the most important feature that many other POS don't...

Pros

Dashboard and cloud reporting. ease of use.

Cons

Technical support seems to be overwhelmed and you can rarely connect with them when you need them most. They try to get back to you within 24 hours, but in most cases that's too long and have significant impact on our business.

TouchBistro for Bar Industry

Again, TouchBistro has a legit inventory tracking system, you just have to set aside a few hours a day for a few weeks to make it worth it. Also, I have enjoyed simple things like the images I can add to each menu item. It seems silly but in the bar industry we know there are hundreds of tequilas, so when I have a new bartender and a customer orders Don Julio 1942-when my bartender goes to the menu, they can see exactly what the bottle looks like and know what to look for!

Pros

I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it! I also think their customer service is great! We have a direct email contact and Monday through Friday you can logon to their website and chat with an associate.

Cons

I am used to a lot of other POS systems so this just took getting used to. I definitely referenced their "How to step by step" references for a few items. I had to figure out some work arounds in order to account for all inventory. For example, in past systems I've used, if I rang up a shot of Jim Beam bourbon, there was a modifier button for 'Double Shot' and it would automatically deduct $2.00 off the second shot and account for the inventory. In TouchBistro my option was a discount code with a custom modifier that I type in, but it wouldn't account for the inventory, so I had to add a separate menu for 'Double Shots' which wasn't the worst thing but again, a lot of time.

Hi Jill, thank you so much for your feedback! We put a lot of work into our inventory solution so it's wonderful to hear it's brought value to your business. I will be passing your feedback on to our product team as we are always looking to improve.

TouchBistro: Easy to use, fantastic customer service

TouchBistro was quite buggy for us, especially in the beginning, but their customer service team is top-notch! Quick to respond to any issues and receptive to implementing suggested features. While there are a few major needs for improvement on reporting, I feel like TouchBistro has grown with our business as we have had the opportunity to customize it to our needs with the TouchBistro support team.

Pros

One of the only restaurant POS systems that has a search function for servers. 5 stars for the ability to hold credit card information for tabs. Backend menu and employee management is the simplest I have ever used. Very user friendly and intuitive. New features and products are being rolled out often and TouchBistro was very supportive of their restaurant partners through Covid.

Cons

Creating and managing the floor plan is incredibly difficult and could be improved. Reporting and analytics are somewhat lacking and something I would like to see improved to be more in-depth and easier to access more information.

Room for improvement

First off: TouchBistro seems to be the best option out there for a full-service restaurant POS. We looked at everything we could find (that's available in Europe) and trialed the three leaders, and TouchBistro came out on top. We moved from an outdated local POS and have generally been happy. It works as expected, it hasn't had any catastrophic failures, and represents OK value for money. That...

Pros

Easy to use and train.

Cons

There's a huge list in my review.

Over all Good just Bad Support

Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I...

Pros

Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

Cons

I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

Easy to Program POS

Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent. You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users. Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet. Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.

Pros

Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)

Cons

Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network

Best decision ever

We embraced touch bistro over 3 yrs ago in that time they have continued to upgrade and make it better and better. That said the only down side is as technology changes so does your need for newer faster iPads and that is something we did not budget for. I would never go back to a stand alone POS Just remember that if you make the jump to tableside ordering wirelessly you will be amazed at how much faster your table Turns are and effective your servers become . Less staff required because they carry the POS with them no lines at a station. Smoother flow in kitchen Just take .25 per bill And put it in a gotta get newer IPad fund and you'll be happier then you have ever been Bill Justus Owner chef EKs Grill Kelowna BC

Pros

Just about everything

Cons

Cash layout for required new iPads to retain full functionality

Hey, Bill! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you say TouchBistro was the best decision ever. We couldn't ask for anything more! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

I Doubt There's Better

Pros

TouchBistro has been an amazing tool for our cafe. I love the ease of use, how easily we are able to get an overview of the cafe at any one time, along with performance, financial reporting, and all the rest. We keep discovering new features that allow us to be more and more accurate and efficient behind the counter. Support is also always really helpful and available whenever we need them!

Cons

Some of the features seem weirdly incomplete, like reporting having some types of reports available and not others. Also, we have had to source a secondary POS system to use for our retail inventory, as despite having the capability for things like barcode scanning, there is no way to quickly or easily update our inventory--with a stocklist of over 2000 items, having to create each item individually and update them manually is too much of a headache to bother with.

Good for dining room restaurants

Touch Bistro is very easy to use in adding new menu items or editing existing items and also retrieving any multitude of reports available. Pricing is on the lower end of competitive. We are a quick serve restaurant and there are several important features that we can not customize which is why we rate it low on functionality; for instance when we have a credit card transaction we can't turn off...

Pros

Ease of reports and making menu changes

Cons

Not all the features are customizable; you can't turn off a copy of receipts you don't need, there's a crazy work-around if you need item ingredients listed on kitchen tickets , only admins can setup customer accounts and take deposits for catering orders which is inconvenient for us.

Almost the best system I could ask for....

1000% faster then old method

Pros

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Cons

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Hey, Richard! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

We love Touch Bistro and happily recommend it.

Pros

It connects with our accounting software so that our daily sales are uploaded automatically. The app is easy to use and our new staff can be trained quickly and efficiently. The billing features are really great and allow our servers to manage tables the way the customer wants, not the way the POS wants.

Cons

Adding menu items is time consuming and a general pain. We would love to have a web based site that allows easier uploading . The reporting features are a bit clunky - for example we cannot check on single item sales totals. Instead we have to download a entire report with ALL items.

Hey, Alexandra! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you love TouchBistro and recommend it to your friends and colleagues. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Small mid-western restaurant

Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Pros

Relatively easy to train new staff.

Cons

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality. Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs. With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates: - December 13, 2016 - October 31, 2016 - September 26, 2016 - August 17, 2016 If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Easy to use from a back office and front of house perspective

good pricing for a product that meets a small businesses needs

Pros

Price point is great for a small independent business. Ease of use: very easy to train new staff on the software.

Cons

Limitations for custom reporting as well as the frequency of updates - trying when all your programs are constantly changing, albeit for the better many times, tough to keep up with when all (not just touch bistro) your tech is constantly evolving faster than one can keep up.

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review! I hear you when it comes to the upgrades! We are constantly evolving to give our customers the best features and technology available to help them run the best business possible. The next upgrade happens to be on custom reporting :) When in doubt on upgrades please give our Customer Success team a call - we are happy to help! Thanks again! Mell