TouchBistro Logo

3.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.44/10

Reviews by rating

I like using TouchBistro because is easy to use and has a lot of helpful tools. The customer service is great and every time I have a technical issue is resolved quickly.
The POS itself is super super easy to figure out , it was getting all the equipment and setting up the wireless that I struggled with. Get help where you need it most.
The most useful tool for me is reporting. The ease of adding removing and repricing is also a favourite.
We never used hey second of their service and still they stole our money. High pressure criminals who will do ANYTHING to get your money.
I purchased an extra piece of equipment and returned it for my money back but it got lost on their end and I ended up being out several hundred dollars and no follow up after many attempts.

Kyle W.

Corporate Videographer

Automotive, 201-500 employees

TouchBistro POS Review

Transcript

Kyle W.: Hello there. My name is Kyle. I'm a videographer in the manufacturing industry and I give TouchBistro...

Chris B.

Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use.

Pros

I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Cons

Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Hey, Chris! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Cv

Chris v.

Solid Platform

Pretty good have had some issues with constant updates

Pros

Ease of use and the cost is pretty resonable

Cons

Support can be very frustrating and challenging

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback!

MR

Michelle R.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

A Big Steaming Pile o'POS!!

Their tech support is a joke, it takes all day to get a hold of someone, unless of course they have just rolled out an update that is writhe with errors, then it may take as much as two days to get through to their support. It's really fun when a pos- pos update makes your visa service go out for an entire day. This company is in way to far over their heads. The system is not reliable and neither is...

Pros

I thought this would have a better interface than what I had been using. And while it is a little sexier and the touchscreen is handy, but those small benefits our out weighed by the other problems with their lack of competent support and other functionality.

Cons

The biggest problem is that they oversold and under delivered. They told me that all my current printers would work with their requirements. Opps get ready to go live, go live and then find out you have to purchase a $350 printer bc your visa printer isn't "actually compatible" after all. Print all of your visa slips to a boh printer and run to the kitchen to retrieve them for a week while the new...

EU

Ekin U.

Industry Standart for Restaurants and Cafes

If you are running a restaurant, you need rock solid working system especially in rush hours. It is touchbistro.

Pros

It is super easy to fill your menu in and start using. There is high possibility your crew is familiar with it and if anything goes wrong just call the support and they gonna help you.

Cons

Some features needs extra clicks and attention, like updating menu, photos and prices etc. it is not a daily task, but would be nice to make edits on better ui.

Thank you for the review, Ekin!

DK

Dolly K.

Review from Touch Bistro

i am happy using it

Pros

I have been using touch bistro since we open on 2015 and still using it. The POS is easy to navigate and easy to use. I would not try any other .

Cons

When they download new info or upgrade, sometimes it takes so long for the other support to figured it out themselves.

Hi Dolly, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system after all these years! We have shared your message with our team to work to improve on the downloads and upgrades. Thank you!

CB

Cole B.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Unimpressed 8 year customer

After the devastating problem 2 years ago, I have hated TB ever since. Not to mention it has consistently gotten slower and slower. I just had to upgrade my wifi router for the 3rd time in 8 years (upgraded today in fact), going from Apple Airport, to Amplify, and now Cisco; we'll see if things are better now.

Pros

Ease of use with menu items, modifiers, etc

Cons

When an update about 2 years ago made every IPAD in the building unusable, and there was no way to undo the update. Made my restaurant not have a POS for 4 days while i waited to find 8 new IPADS, a new Mac Mini, and 8 new IPAD stands. There were emails sent about the update but they went into the clutter/junk folders\...WHERE WAS THE PHONE CALL??????????????????????????????????????????????? ANd then the sad "here is 3 months of free touchbistro". This cost us thousands of dollars in new equipment, lost sales/transaction, and man hours. It also meant that for 4 days every employee had their worst days ever in the building, hand writing orders, hand delivering order to the kitchen, hand writing CC orders, tax, reciepts, etc (many payments didn't end up going through either)

Stephane D.

Bang for your buck

The support team was on top of installation and on-boarding. the owner was present.

Pros

Can't beat the price. user friendly. menu management is a breeze.

Cons

For larger organizations integration with other software needs to be easier. reports could be better. seperating reports by time periods is a problem

Hi Stephane, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you're enjoying the POS. - ST at TouchBistro

CA

Cory A.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

A great POS system

A great POS system. Highly recommend.

Pros

The program was very easy to set up and get established in our restaurant. Employees found it very easy to learn. We used the program with iPad at the table and created a great guest experience. Great for real time reporting and inventory control.

Cons

Like all POS and inventory systems, there is a bit of data entry and the beginning of setting up the program.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Cory! We are happy to hear you're enjoying the product. - ST at TouchBistro

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Zero customer service, completely inept, random charges....not good

Horrible service, started right after I signed the contract. Just TRY to call their customer support (technical help, whatever) before you sign anything.

Pros

I liked the price....until I found out that you get what you pay for.

Cons

Random charges, no follow-through, lead person went on vacation during onboarding without leaving anyone else to help. STILL haven't received any equipment (that was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago)....but yet they're already charging me for additional months of service.

Hi there, thank you for sharing this feedback, we're here to help! Please send an email to chartshorn@touchbistro.com with your account name and a senior representative will be in touch. - Carly

SB

Shawn B.

Restaurants,

Exceptional tab-splitting functionality and superb customer service!

Pros

We were looking for POS solution that offered enhanced tab-splitting and customer checkout capabilities. Of all the vendor applications we reviewed (and it was an exhaustive search...), TouchBistro was the ONLY one the not only met our needs, but far exceeded them! With the help of TouchBistro, we can now handle any and every checkout scenario customers throw our way. And many thanks to the customer service reps that initially trained our staff and continue to answer questions that come up from time-to-time!

Cons

The only things I would like to see TB expand upon are its reporting and customer relationship management capabilities. Give us the ability to create custom reports and mine the data that is already stored within TB. Cheaper POS systems we reviewed have much more robust reporting options. Give us the ability to store customer information and reporting on customer-based sales (i.e. who are my top customers, who were my top customers that haven't visited recently, etc.). Again, cheaper POS systems offer these features and integrate with 3rd party vendors like Constant Contact and MailChimp.

CM

Carlene M.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reporting functionality and Chase-based V400m credit card processing are atrocious

I would never recommend this POS to anyone. Support is minimal at best. The customer service representatives try to be helpful with the insurmountable issues we have had, but they need to consult with their "payments team" or "hardware team", both whom are unavailable on Friday evenings through Sunday. On the three busiest days restaurants are open. The functionality and support we were promised do...

Pros

The functionality of the POS with our iPad minis for order taking is great, and saves our staff time that was traditionally reserved for having to go directly to a work station.

Cons

Reporting is horrific. Daily reports do not provide all information needed (comps, promos, takeout vs. dine in totals,etc.) and also does not subtract cash payouts from total cash on report. When creating EOM reports, we have to look at 5-7 separate reports to get all the data needed.Labor reports do not consolidate tip reporting with labor, nor does it populate total earned for each employee with...

Hi Carlene, thank you for sharing this feedback. Our team would like to help you further to make the most out of our reporting functionality and to assist with the issues you've been experiencing with your payment devices. Please reach out at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with your account name!

MB

Mike B.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Scam!

Definitely a scam I would not suggest this to anyone it’s a waste of money any other company like square or light speed pos is way cheaper and have had much more success save your money use a different company.

Pros

There is no pros to this company they trap you into a one year contract for software that doesn’t work. The program is laggy shuts itself down it’s not a good platform.

Cons

The programming isn’t complete isn’t compatible they have no tech team to help you on site it’s all over the phone. You pay 80+ dollars a month for an app that should be free.

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Though our onboarding team is remote we do pride ourselves on setting up our customers' tech to fit their business' needs right the first time. We'd love the chance to make things right! Please send me an email at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with the name your account is under if you're still experiencing issues so I can have someone reach out to you.

BB

Brenda B.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Worst customer service, unreliable hardware and software

Am actively researching other options after 2+ years because the issues we've had are never addressed or resolved.

Pros

Easy to use when it works, for the functions that are set up.

Cons

1) Customer service is TERRIBLE. We have had open trouble tickets for over a MONTH with no resolution. Important tickets, like payments for online orders appear to be received in the POS and yet no money ever hit our bank. So we can't rely on taking online orders, which is critical. 2) Software and hardware crashes. A lot. Like 6+ times per shift. 3) Inventory adjustments have no value associated with them, which makes it little better than a chalkboard for inventory tracking. (If I am missing product, the value of that loss should show up somewhere in a report as inventory losses. Yet it doesn't). 4) Basic reports missing, such as balance sheet/inventory on hand by category.

AE

Allen E.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Look elsewhere if you're considering TouchBistro!

This software has steadily gone done hill in the last 3 years. Tech support is horrible, unless you get a mid-level person who knows something. The movement to everything being cloud-based sounds great, but makes daily server reporting tedious and time consuming. HORRIBLE. If i didn't have so much money invested in equipment between multiple restaurants, i would change. If you're new and considering purchasing TouchBistro....DON'T! Look elsewhere!

Pros

Table side ordering. Menu flexibility. Expandability.

Cons

The more they add features, the worse it gets. I highly doubt that the development people have any restaurant experience. Refunding a cc that has been wrung in is ridiculously difficult. To top it off, they have just recently started to move EVERYTHING to the cloud. Including the server end-of-day reports which makes it extremely hard to check credit cards, voids, comps, etc. It's ridiculous at best. No thought whatsoever on user friendliness.

Hi Allen, I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Our updates are all made based on customer requests, the cloud-first reporting feature was a popular request to be able to access reports anywhere you are. I will ensure that your sentiments are passed along to the product team for consideration. - Carly at TouchBistro

HC

Haley C.

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Hey, Haley! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge! Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis. If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

MT

Magan T.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Average overall

Average

Pros

Ease of use, wireless capabilities, most of the customer service reps are knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Does not allow you to put a hold on credit cards for any amount. Does not work when internet is down which it is supposed to store and forward, and it does not. Was supposed to be completely wireless and is now not. Hate to have to pay for more equipment when I pay a monthly fee.

Hi Magan, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you were facing. Please call 1-888-342-0131 and our Customer Support team who would be happy to look into this for you.

SL

Sunny L.

Nightmare experience

I run a nola theme bar in wrigley Chicago. Speed is the key to the business. The main reasons i switched to touchbistro are: unlimited free hardware and unlimited licenses/user, my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] promised to install the hardware onsite and ensure the product works smoothly in the bar. Before i signed up with the touchbistro, i explained to my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] the features we need. My[SENSITIVE...

Pros

colors on the menu buttons unlimited software and hardware for a set price

Cons

-horrible customer service -long processing time -confusing reports -false advertisement

Hi Sunny. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing.I see you're already in contact with our CARE team but let us know if there's anything more we can do to help!

CS

Chris S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Unbelievably Terrible

They have admitted to me that all the glitches we experience on a DAILY basis are software related and the senior tech support team has been incapable at fixing our issues. Im literally counting down the days until I can get out of my contract.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. It took almost 4 months to onboard, nothing but problems ever since.

Cons

Constant glitches, several redundant aspects of table service, no signature line on credit card receipts, they made several unauthorized charges to my credit card for services I wasnt even able to use then I had to fight them for refunds, sales man lied to me about what the POS could and couldnt do to get me to sign on then another lengthy battle to get out of the contract. They claimed they cannot give refunds, which they can and did, and they claimed they never cancel contracts, which they can and did. Not IM just stuck in my main locations contract.

YD

Yolanda D.

Getting us through

Pros

Fairly user friendly, price is ok, and the cloud is nice to have

Cons

It is not a secure POS. Any staff can see information as you need admin code and the staff need it for when there is no manager on shift. You can not lock so they can not delete bills after a bill reopened and then deleted a lot of cash is taken this way and no record once a bill is deleted

Hi Yolanda, Thank you for sharing this feedback. We certainly take our customers' security seriously, and we'd like to speak with you further to investigate. Please send me an email at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with your account name.

JP

Jessie P.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Refuses to Refund

I wouldn't recommend this group, since their overall customer service has been nothing short of the worst I've seen in the industry. I've worked with Square, Toast and this group.

Pros

We had a great, helpful sales contact. Unfortunately, once we were turned over to their overall automated system for deployment of the software, we couldn't continue to work with them. At one point, they canceled our account without authorization.

Cons

We signed an agreement that would allow us a refund of more than $2,000 if we didn't want to continue using Touch Bistro. I've been trying to contact them for months for a refund, and have been ignored by their sales contact and their customer service line. We are having to hire a lawyer just to get our refund (even though the contract specifies we could get refunded.)

Hey Jessie, I apologize for the issues you've been facing with us and I do want to escalate this to our Customer CARE management team to look into your billing. Please send me an email to chartshorn@touchbistro.com with the name your account is under so we can investigate. Thank you! - Carly at TouchBistro

RG

Richard G.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Almost the best system I could ask for....

1000% faster then old method

Pros

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Cons

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Hey, Richard! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jv

Jennifer v.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Easy to use from a back office and front of house perspective

good pricing for a product that meets a small businesses needs

Pros

Price point is great for a small independent business. Ease of use: very easy to train new staff on the software.

Cons

Limitations for custom reporting as well as the frequency of updates - trying when all your programs are constantly changing, albeit for the better many times, tough to keep up with when all (not just touch bistro) your tech is constantly evolving faster than one can keep up.

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review! I hear you when it comes to the upgrades! We are constantly evolving to give our customers the best features and technology available to help them run the best business possible. The next upgrade happens to be on custom reporting :) When in doubt on upgrades please give our Customer Success team a call - we are happy to help! Thanks again! Mell

DO

Donna O.

Small mid-western restaurant

Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Pros

Relatively easy to train new staff.

Cons

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality. Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs. With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates: - December 13, 2016 - October 31, 2016 - September 26, 2016 - August 17, 2016 If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

JG

Jerry G.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Very easy to use POS but needs refinement

you need to be able to authorize users to delete items without granting them void permissions. Also sometimes the POS accepts a tipout amount and passes it to the credit card processor but then forgets that it already processed the tip amount. At that point it refuses to accept any tipout amount and forces us to do an override on the preauthorization, which in turn means manual calculation of total tipout for the server and understates their tip income on wage reporting....

Pros

ease of use

Cons

1) some tipouts get passed through to the credit card processor but fail to capture in the POS, then the POS won't take a tip amount and assumes it's neither entered nor will it let you re enter the tip because the final authorization is complete. 2) in security settings for staff, to enable a staff member to correct their own mistakes before sending an order to the kitchen, because of the way you've set things up, I also have to authorize staff to VOID items that have already been sent, which I refuse to do. so I end up having to approve every little change, whether or not they've been sent to the kitchen... bad design!

MS

Marie S.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Good for dining room restaurants

Touch Bistro is very easy to use in adding new menu items or editing existing items and also retrieving any multitude of reports available. Pricing is on the lower end of competitive. We are a quick serve restaurant and there are several important features that we can not customize which is why we rate it low on functionality; for instance when we have a credit card transaction we can't turn off...

Pros

Ease of reports and making menu changes

Cons

Not all the features are customizable; you can't turn off a copy of receipts you don't need, there's a crazy work-around if you need item ingredients listed on kitchen tickets , only admins can setup customer accounts and take deposits for catering orders which is inconvenient for us.