CaptivateIQ Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.2/10

Reviews by rating

My overall experience with Captivate IQ has been fabulous. I am impressed with its ease of use.
Fantastic - gets me the info I want in a timely fashion, and doesn't flood me with information unless I seek it out (and great that I have the option to).
Really love it's ease of use and clean UI - it's quick too and. As a user in 2020, that's super appreciated.
Before we integrated this software, it was very difficult to see how the team came up with my commission (most of the times being wrong and having me audit all deals one by one).
The only aspect I dislike about using CaptivateIQ is how they name projects.
The only thing I can think of is submitting enquiries as that's the only thing I became stuck on.

Ryan O.

Account Executive

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great software to plan comp and comm ahead of time

Transcript

Ryan O.: Hi, I'm Ryan. I'm an account executive in the information technology and software sales field...

PD

Peter D.

Sales

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Easy for a sales guy to follow

Transcript

Peter: I'm Peter, I'm a sales development representative, and I gave CaptivateIQ a five out of five....

Austin H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great workflow and great onboarding

Commission processing time is down significantly, what used to take hours is now being done in one or less. Statements are quick to deploy and easy to understand. There is a lot more confidence in the plans as they are being administered systemically and not through multiple spreadsheets.

Pros

• Tool is powerful but simple to use. • It's possible to create some pretty complex rules within the engine, but where it really shines is in simplifying the data to payment process. • The onboarding process was phenomenal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond to make sure that all of my questions were answered and to make me a power user of the platform. • The formulas used for calculation are simple and familiar as they mimic Excel, and the syntax is easy to pick up as it also mimics Excel. Where it picks up its power is by allowing SQL database functions like joins, unions, table filters, grouping, etc.

Cons

• I spent some time wishing there was a better way to store "environment variables" during setup, rather than storing them as rows in a table. • I wish that there were automated emails that went out to an employee when the payment was "locked" (when the payment amount is approved by the administrator.) • I wish that there was more user hierarchy. For example, I can easily create "managers" who can view the payments queued up for their "employees" but the plan administrator is still the one to queue those up. It would be nice to give the manager final say in when the employee can see their plan and payment. • The dataloader tool requires a bit of data cleansing prior to popping it in, slight nuisance.

Conner F.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Game Changer

Overall we have had great success with CIQ. Managers love the approval process and Reps enjoy understanding exactly how they are being compensated. On the back end, we have enjoyed the increased understanding because of the reporting it allows us to have. As our teams grow we know we have the bandwidth to support them since CIQ is very scalable.

Pros

The best features that CIQ has given us are the automation and accuracy it brings to the table. That by far has helped my org know that commissions are done right the first time.

Cons

The feature I would like to see come out is a reporting and dashboard section that is easy to use and allow me to give access to the governing managers of those teams.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Review for CaptivateIQ

Good, no problems checking my information

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive, and user friendly

Cons

I like everything so far, I only have use it few times

Monica C.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Valuable Stats at Your Fingertips

We used to have a person in our company whose sole job and responsibility is to track, compile, audit, and submit commission information for commission payout. This process was incredibly tedious and had the risk of errors and took at the very minimum 3 day turnaround once all the data was compiled. Since switching, we've been able to streamline and decrease the turnaround time!

Pros

From the beginning (and I mean the vetting process when deciding to switch to outsourcing commission management) CaptivateIQ has shown that they are a true partner vendor in the way that they really listened to what we needed and wanted from our commission vendor as well as how our commission is structured. When I log into my dashboard and view my statement, I see all the valuable information I need to understand my past performance and see where my potential payout will be.

Cons

Although the stats that I see are incredibly important (no fluff or unnecessary data), I do wish we had graphical representation of the stats so I can see trends and leading/lagging information.

Conor W.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Making the commission process much more transparent

My experience with CaptivateIQ has been great, as it's put time back in my day, ensured that I am paid correctly on time and has improved relationships with my manager/sales compensation team.

Pros

My favorite thing about CaptivateIQ is that it creates much more transparency within the commission process. I used to never know which meetings, opportunities, revenue etc. was being counted towards my quota because there was no easy way to tell how management was tracking it. This forced me to create multiple separate ways of keeping track of all my meetings, opportunities revenue etc. in a very manual way, so that I could then compare against my paycheck - which would then have to be retroactively fixed if there were any discrepancies. CaptivateIQ alleviates all of those problems by providing a clear line of site into what my commission will be, and allows me to fix anything that is incorrect before the commission statement comes out.

Cons

While using CaptivateIQ, there have been a couple times where the ability to "fix" or "raise my hand" about the commission being incorrect has been taken away, as their inquiry feature was not available for me for some reason. This required getting in touch with there support team to get everything fixed, which was a quick process as their support team was top-notch.

Dorota K.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great, flexible tool to help automate and improve compensation calculation

Overall, a very positive experience

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, spreadsheet-like feel, self-management, integration with other software

Cons

some additional reporting capabilities needed

David G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

A friendly sales commission dasboard

The main benefit, have a simple tool to see where I am in my business.

Pros

Very straightforward tool. View of your closed business and commission statement clear, essentiel information on multi-year contract. Easy to use

Cons

Well, the soft is very good. Maybe we could get the dark mode, and some options around analytics, charts

Samira A.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great for ICs

Pros

Gives a an easy to view overview of my commission and makes it easier to raise and track disputes.

Cons

Nothing. It does the job and love the fun graphics!

Elena B.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great product for achievement/commission statements

I am easily able to see what deals have closed successfully in the month and for what amount. It breaks out our commission structure as well.

Pros

The product is quite easy to use. You are able to see the breakdown between new ARR and renewal dollars for every opportunity. It calculates your commission to the penny and shows your current achievement against quota.

Cons

Achievement percentage against overall quotas should be at the top of the page for quick reference vs. down at the bottom.

JD

Justin D.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Great way to track Commissions

Pros

Great way to track Commissions! Love seeing where I'm pacing with my OTE on the year.

Cons

Wish we had an integration that would allow it to update automatically.

RO

Raad O.

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best tools for calculating commissions and tracking all related details with high accuracy

CaptivateIQ made the commission details very accurate, especially when it came to approved amounts and due dates. This cut down on objections at all levels and let managers evaluate sales teams in a clear way.

Pros

CaptivateIQ is easy to use and enables us to keep track of all commission details, amounts, and due dates in an organized manner within one dashboard. We can view all trades closed during a specific time period and accurately calculate the commissions allocated to them. It's great that CaptivateIQ helps us document all the details of our commissions, such as approvals and payment dates. It's good that with the transparency of the procedures through CaptivateIQ, managers can get accurate summaries of all the details, which leads to faster approval. Analytics and reports also give them additional capabilities to assess the capabilities of their teams' sales properly.

Cons

CaptivateIQ is pretty much flawless, and it won't take long for the user to get to know how to use all the tools.

LC

Lester C.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Flexible and a huge time-saver

Pros

A few of the things that CaptivateIQ does great is the ease of processing commission statements and its diverse integrations. On the first point, processing commission statements take only a few minutes each month and it's very flexible in terms of what you want to show your sales reps. Prior to this, we were sending out excel sheets individually to each rep and it was a mess to manage/organize. On the second point, the CIQ team set up integrations to Salesforce and Netsuite for us which has been a huge time-saver in terms of automatically bringing in all the reports/mappings we use.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve when first using CaptivateIQ. They do a good job of having training sessions that you can attend but it will take some time to get used to all the ins and outs and get everything set up. Their support team is extremely helpful though and it's never taken more than 24 hours to get a response, I normally receive one within a few hours.

MC

Mari C.

Power, Flexibility, Increased Transparency, Automation

Pros

We needed a tool that could integrate with our CRM and that could keep up with our frequent commission plan changes and CaptivateIQ is able to do that. The onboarding experience was great, ongoing support is great, and I truly feel like CaptivateIQ is a valued member of our commissions team and invested in our success. They're always open to user feedback and continue to roll out new features, improving the overall commission processing experience. Reps and management now have the latest commission data readily available and can focus on higher value add activities.

Cons

With flexibility comes complexity. Getting to know the backend of the platform took a bit of time, but if you're used to Excel and it's formulas the layout and tools are pretty intuitive.

LH

Laura H.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

Great Product, Great Service!

CaptivateIQ has an excellent support network. They have a helpdesk you can email with any questions or issues, office hours for technical support and you get assigned a business development manager to ensure your needs are met and address any functionality you would like to see implemented in the software. There are several things I have suggested that I have seen implemented since using the software. They are constantly making upgrades to make the software better!

Pros

CaptivateIQ has saved me so much time when calculating commissions! In addition, the statements the sales reps review allow for transparency in how their commissions are calculated and confidence they are getting paid correctly.

Cons

The design of the commission statements can be a little intimidating; however, the formulas are very similar to Excel and CaptivateIQ has office hours which are held virtually where they pair you with an expert that can answer any questions you have.

KM

Kiran M.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

CIQ - Calculation is Quick

Time Reduction, Accuracy, Commission view, Statement, User Friendly.

Pros

Navigation process and the detail's view are the one's i liked the most in this software & also the way how a sales rep would think to view his sales.And also extracting the data in excel format for reporting purposes such as auditing is easy.

Cons

Inquiry feature needs to be updated with drop down options such as In Progress, Awaiting Sales response, Severity of the request. Mobile application - which would help the end user to view/track sales chart in hand.

AB

Arbenita B.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Simple, modern and transparent commission tool

We have rather complex compensation plans and we used to manage all commission through excel sheets, and it was a hassle gathering the correct data from salesforce there and have every FLM confirm the final numbers. The previous way of doing it was just prone to errors. Now, I can review the statements with accurate data pulled directly from Salesforce, I can see previous months, overall team performance, etc.

Pros

As a manager, I get to review not just my own commission statement, but also those of team. Ever since we launched CaptivateIQ, this has been incredibly effortless to me. I can't describe how transparent, effortless and simple the tool is. Every month I look forward to reviewing the statements. Besides, the design is beautiful and easy on the eye.

Cons

Working in a sales organizations, we have monthly or quarterly spiffs I would love to able to include in the tool. While I am not entirely sure whether CaptivateIQ might be able to do this and whether this is something our organization has simply not looked into yet, we are currently managing SPIFFs in a different tool (workday). So reps do not see SPIFF amounts on their commission statemens on capitvateIQ but rather need to wait for it to show up on their payslip. Ideally, I would want this to be included in captivateIQ. It is possible this is already a feature, but we haven't enabled it.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Switching form Oracle to CaptivateIQ has been incredible

Our overall experience has been extremely positive! We had used Xactly and Oracle in the past and there is no comparison in terms of balancing ease of use with robust capability. Our monthly comp processing has never been more simple! I also want to emphasize the dedication and attention to detail the Captivate team demonstrated during our evaluation cycle, implementation, and beyond - they are committed to getting the tool working exactly as their customers require to an extent I have never seen from other vendors.

Pros

Captivate IQ has an exceptional services team - they invested the time needed to understand our needs and comp plan and were able to get us set up in record time. We had a short window between renewals and the Captivate team was able to quickly onboard us with this in mind, making us confident in our vendor switch. Captivate's data transformation capabilities really stood out to us, as we were working with a hold and release plan which required multiple datasets to be combined with payments data to produce correct releases. The platform was able to handle this easily! I also really like the ability to easily edit statements and make manual adjustments - these have been huge time savers!

Cons

We've asked Captivate to look into custom number formatting for statements. It would also be helpful if the error codes, when triggered, showed more detail.

KD

Keith D.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Great team and product

Commissions used to be a stressful and time consuming monthly exercise. With CaptivateIQ, it takes a few clicks a month to process payouts for the team and now I can move into more important business activities. If you have multiple plans and managers and are trying to simplify this process with an easy to use system, CaptivateIQ will serve you well.

Pros

I appreciate how quickly the system was put together including making changes to account for new 2019 plans. We were able to run payouts within a few days after walking through our plans with their team. Now that the system is running, I really like how everything is centralized so our team can and myself have an organized view of what’s been paid out for on commissions. The team really enjoys the visibility into their deals and have confidence everything is accounted for.

Cons

It would be great to see a Hubspot CRM integration. It would also be nice to see a task manager or a step-by-step walkthrough for when I run payouts each month. For example, when I’m running a payout for a new month, it’d be great to click a button and it would take me through all the steps on all the pages and then actions I need to perform. This would remove having me click on the side navigation to get through processing a payout (loading data, processing payout, review, etc.)

GO

Gustavo O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great Flexible Solution for Hardworking Sales Teams

Overall, this tool is bringing more transparency to how sales reps are being paid out. In my previous organization, there was no transparency and we had to rely on reaching out to the sales ops and accounting teams to make sure all the calculations were correct.

Pros

This is my first time using CaptiaveIQ and I'm so glad our organization is using it. At my previous company, we didn't have anything like this which led to a lot of problems. This tool is great when it comes to transparency. I've never been able to see my comp in such detail. Before I would have to rely on trusting our accounting department to pay me out correctly. When they didn't, it was a hassle to communicate with them and our sales operations team. With CaptivateIQ it's easy to escalate concerns and that is what my teammates and I love about this solution. This platform makes it really easy to see my monthly commission.

Cons

My only concern was that when I was first learning to use the solution, I had to click around to explore what I could and couldn't see. I also didn't attend our introductory call with the CaptiaveIQ team so that may be the reason why. Other than that I haven't had issues with the tool. I just had to teach myself how to use it in the beginning.

KG

Kora G.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

No more tagging to Google Sheets

Pros

We switched to Captivate a quarter or so ago, and it's great. You get an alert to your inbox when your commission is ready to be reviewed and all relevant information (ACV, Term, Kickers, Commission Rate, Accelerators) are all easily reviewable. It takes me all of two minutes to review and hit "Accept." I like the ability to see what kickers impact my commission rate very legibly because it allows me to have productive, clarifying conversations with my Sales Ops team when needed and it hurts a little more to see the kickers (which makes me more conscientious of discounting or allowing non-annual terms for smaller deals).

Cons

Every time I log in, I forget which icon to click to review my commissions (but you figure it out). So area for improvement on a small UX detail. The other thing that I think would be helpful is some sort of explanation field for why the commission rate increased or decreased on a particular deal, so I don't have to bother or SalesOps team unless it is wrong.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great service, easy to use!

Pros

I like the ease of use and the possibility to design even complex dashboards.

Cons

Don't really know what to say here - cannot find things that I like the least.

DS

Darren S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

CaptivateIQ - Great for International contractors

The biggest benefits have been transparency and understanding of where I'm earning commissions. It's also easier for finance to update and approve, so it's helping me get paid 15 to 20 days earlier than in the past. It's made my life as a contractor much easier.

Pros

The product is super easy to use and has provided transparency for commissions and payouts in what used to be a really complicated compensation program. I don't feel like I need to track my sales separately, captivateiq makes it really easy to see what closed, in what tier of payouts and what my accelerators look like, broken down in a granular way. It's made life a lot easiers.

Cons

I think there are some drop down menus that are hard to navigate, there may be some small U/X features I would change to make things easier to find. Rollups and breakdowns of payouts can seem hidden

DL

DeLorean L.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Broker Sales Representative

Love this platform!

Pros

Easy to use platform that gives me the ability to review my commissions.

Cons

I wish I could see my payouts post-tax.

MC

Michael C.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Easy to use and provides useful information which was previously unavailable to employees in a simple format.

Pros

Up to date information on variable compensation component of earnings.

Cons

Difficulty in selecting data range (may be iPhone related).

BY

Bronson Y.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A great tool for complex commissions

The overall experience with CIQ has been great. They've helped improve the way we report capitalized commissions under ASC 340, making it much easier at month end.

Pros

CaptivateIQ has allowed us to continue to grow extremely fast, without worrying about the accuracy of calculating and reporting our commissions in accordance with ASC 340. We have complex hold/releases on our commissions based on specific milestones that are being tracked within our CRM. CIQ was able to connect directly with our CRM, to pull the information and release commission based on the logic they've helped build into our plans. Their support has also been first class. Anytime we had an issue or question, we were able to get in touch with someone who was very knowledgable.

Cons

The sales reps don't have access to a dashboard view when they login to see their payouts. Not a huge issue, since they can access historical statements.