Popl Logo
Popl

Digital business cards for teams and individuals

visit website

Popl Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

It so nice to train someone without a manual and have all the answers. Popl did an amazing job with this software.
I loved that the team reached out to me, answered questions and followed up after the trial. I love this product and have my entire team using it to market my business.
I love the novel way to share links and information, a lot of people that are able to use the NFC feature love how cool it is and simple to get connected.
The import to salesforce is horrible, and that was the main driver of choosing Popl Teams.
The price could be prohibitive. When you've got cheaper, one-time-payment business cards, it is hard to sell the C-Suite on purchasing a business card as a service option.
I don't like using the QR code. So, that has made it difficult.

Tylan M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

One Of The Best Products Out There

My experience with Papa has always been a 10 out of 10 customer service responds in a reasonable amount of time. They always over deliver and they always are throwing in something even though they don't need to. I recently just onboarded my Chamber of Commerce to test try popo teams and it has been going very successful.

Pros

I like that Popl has many variation of digital business cards for small business owners. I also like the fact that there are a plethora of different types of digital business cards that you can use, whether it is a phone case, a key chain, or something that you can wear around your neck, also the option to have a custom makes it even better.

Cons

To be honest I don't have any cons really. I do think that the pricing could be improved but I can understand as a company they have to do what they have to do.

John C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Works well for our team

The need for lead capture and CRM had us looking for a solution. Popl will get us headed in the right direction.

Pros

Ability to manage all of the team from the dashboard with immediate edits and changes of branding. Pricing made it attractive compared to other similar products. The sales team and the onboarding Zoom were helpful and engaging.

Cons

Not as intuitive as I would like - some of the functions don't flow well - for example setting up the subteams made changes to the members that I didn't intend to change.

GA

Gabriela A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Effective, partially flawed, expensive.

I think teams should have package options. It’s too expensive compared to other systems. The pop feature doesn’t always work you have to keep trying. They keep coming up with extra charges specially in the design aspect

Pros

The digital business card & lead capture option

Cons

It doesn’t always work, it’s harder for Android to work since they have to turn curtains features on. It should pop with more ease

CC

Caroline C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Game changer!

Love not having to carry around or losing business cards. We were able to use the digital card to promote our various companies and services with links to all of our websites.

Pros

Able to easily create, manage, and monitor multiple users using the Teams dashboard. You're able to compare how everyone is doing on usage, when connections were made, and the total leads generated.

Cons

The dashboard can glitch every once in a while. It is not frequent, but after many edits and saving over and over, the page may require a refresh to work properly again. It's not a big deal, but can be an improved experience.

CC

Channing C.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Wonderful software! Cannot wait to continue using!

Pros

The integration with our CRM (Salesforce) is a fantastic feature. Also being able to take a picture of a traditional business card and the extraction of the info is incredible. The backend of the software is so easy to use and we love the customization.

Cons

Nothing at this time. We haven't been using the product long but love it so far.

ND

Nicole D.

Popl Review

So far so great :)

Pros

The ability to customize and re-use the QR codes and just re-point them.

Cons

Nothing yet, besides it doesn't integrate with the CRMs that we use.

TA

Taylor A.

Perfect for the 21st century

Pros

The ability to add an array of documents, videos, and custom links to each profile was probably the biggest deciding factor for us to do Popl.

Cons

Some of the UX can be glitchy at times. Sometimes certain design elements don't save or trying to rearrange tiles don't save or suddenly jump back into place. Perhaps we accidentally locked it, but either way, the UI and UX didn't make it clear on how to easily correct those glitches.

JG

Jonathan G.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

An Easy Way To Share Information With Leads

The customer service has been very professional, timely, and helpful throughout our onboarding and training proess.

Pros

Popl allows you to easily share more about yourself and your company than basic contact information. Our company is highly visual and this allowed us to share links, documents, and other content during the first interaction.

Cons

I think that the integration with other CRMs and Microsoft Outlook could be easier than going through a third party.

RM

Randy M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Popl On!

The idea of throwing out boxes and boxes of unused and never opened business cards to go completely digital was not a slam dunk with our team. Lots of questions and concerns were voiced. However, immediately after receiving and activating their Popl's the team began to trade creative ideas for displaying contact and content and have never looked back. After 30 days we scheduled an onboarding specialist to answer any questions and what we may have missed and the connections haven't stopped! (We just threw out the last of our paper business cards). #PoplOn

Pros

The best part of Popl is the customer service and it has exceeded expectations in every way possible. From the demo to onboarding and ongoing support I couldn't be happier. Second is the product itself. Our team has loved the creative profile options that allow them to stand out and be unforgettable. The UI is beautiful and easy to understand, even for a nearly-techless mind! Popl is an amazing conversation starter and shows that you take 'connecting' and relationship-building seriously. If you take connecting this seriously then follow up is guaranteed.

Cons

Our team hasn't run into anything yet that we don't like.

Brad K.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great Product, well executed!!

Great team, very responsive. They love their own product and their enthusiasm to support is noted and appreciated.

Pros

feature rich. Linktree on steroids with a business angle. Love the personal vs business profiles. Love the ability to capture leads and scan business cards. Love the export integration with the major CRMs in the Team module. Love the stats on the various profile link clicks.

Cons

sometimes the POP feature on the devices doesnt work or takes several POPs to work. But lots of workaround interms of QR codes or links to get the contact info to the receiving party.

LA

Lisa A.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Never going back to printed cards!

Simplicity. From the very moment I onboard a new hire, they can digitally have their company card and contact info ready to share. No more waiting for printed cards! I also love how the member's image comes over with their contact info and the receiver can see it in the text. Looks VERY professional and a VERY impressive way to share your contact information.

Pros

Popl makes onboarding new hires so much easier! I have all their contact info, website, address, reviews, and social media sites managed from ONE spot making edits easy and immediate! No more worries about reprinting cards when edits are required, just logon, make the change and hit update. Eliminates any stress. Our team just started using the Popl devices and everyone they come in contact with is so impressed! Customers and referral partners! Many have decided to join their own sales teams.

Cons

We had a few bumps with Popl with our Android users. Much of that will be remedied with the next Popl update I was told. So I am hoping that is true. Definitely is more iPhone friendly.

EM

Elizabeth M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Popl - business cards gone digital.

So far, my experience with Popl has been fantastic. The representatives exhibit great customer service and were very informative and helpful. The customer service team works hard to solve issues as fast as they can, and I haven't had any problems with getting ahold of someone to resolve an issue or discover if it was user error.

Pros

I like that we are able to capture leads while we are anywhere. Most everyone keeps their phone on them at all times, not everyone has their business cards with them, though. Furthermore, business cards get lost, ruined, or forgotten about, but the email reminder that you connected with someone acts as a reminder to follow up with that connection.

Cons

I have not had any major issues with the product so far. The only issue that we have experienced were issues with the website itself but those were resolved in a quick and efficient manner.

CT

Carlene T.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

The next best thing!

Amazing! From the functionality of the app, the devices, to [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! (Rep who has been a HUGE help and easy to get into contact with!!) Big shoutout to her!! :)

Pros

Functionality!! It is easy to maneuver through the app, and the app itself is pleasant to look at. Our range of age in our company varies from millennials and older, so I wanted to be mindful of all users. Everyone is capable of using this. The most important thing we were looking for is something that can capture business in a live setting ; we recently went to a conference that had almost 5000 attendees and it was amazing for me to see all our leads come through at a live time!! There is so much to love!!

Cons

Hoping one day we can have multiple devices linked to one user profile!

AV

Ally V.

Popl is Poppin'

No more paper cards, no more having to order new sets of cards because personal details have changed. It is all quick and easy and I can share so much about myself in one click, I love that I can change the info from personal to business.

Pros

Easy to use for all learning levels and east to set up

Cons

I want a bit more control on the design template front. maybe even letting us fully customize that, especially for us design-savvy users.

Andrew K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Poppin' Off with Popl

This software is amazingly easy for an administrator to set contact cards up for their team and to give the company its collective marketing voice in the easiest of ways. Yes, there are some idiosyncrasies of the platform that need to be ironed out, but overall it was so incredibly fun and easy to set this up.

Pros

It was fun to use and very easy to configure. It also allows the end users to have their own control over the personalization of their own card yet they don't have to. The ability to set this up for them and yet give them control is the most lovely.

Cons

I don't like that there are some glitches in adding additional social squares and having them not show up as expected without a browser window refresh. This product is mature, but there are just a few glitches that need to be ironed out.

AP

Adrian P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Popl Helps Connect our Customers

Popl has been a useful tool for us to connect with customers and we have appreciated seeing Popl grow and expand their features over the past year or so. The customer service has been helpful and quick.

Pros

Popl provides a simple, easy, and straightforward way for us to share valuable company information with our customers when we meet with them for in-home consultations. We can quickly highlight helpful information with our customers.

Cons

I think the admin side of Popl teams could be improved. Editing profiles can be a little bit tedious. It would be helpful to have 'global settings' for certain apps and/or integrations.

KS

Kenneth S.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

When technology meets the antiquated business card

Pros

Welcome to the new age of networking and building your database. Popl has so many tools that help generate new leads and organize connections.

Cons

Nothing. In all honesty, I have to give major kudos to the development team that continue their hard work on innovating, enhancing and improving the way I network and track potential and returning clients

MM

Michelle M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

This is a must from small to corporate business

Overall it’s very convenient for networking

Pros

This has to be the most convenient way to network. I find myself always forgetting a paper card but always have my popl handy ir helps me more than I imagined as for time and dates that I actually connect with people.

Cons

Some times on later models phones it does not always work or it don’t always pop right a way and it takes a couple of taps.

JF

Jonathan F.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Fit the needs of our company and simplified networking

Some phones do not have an NFC reader. So, that is a hassle. We also have differences in iphones and androids that do have NFC readers. I'm having to instruct my contacts on how to do things and I'm having to be personal with their phones to get it to work sometimes. It is a great conversation starter when it works though. I don't like using the QR code. So, that has made it difficult.

Pros

I love that I can toggle between profiles and offer multiple different pieces of information. The layout and presentation is good. I also love the lead capture form on the main page.

Cons

People are trying to download my information and they are not getting my information. I have to explain to them how to save a contact card in their phones and I've had to become a mini expert on android and apple products because of it. I also do not like a monthly pricing model as I feel it is way over priced compared to what I could potentially make for myself. I just enjoy the ease of using someone else's design and not having to worry about it myself.

jl

jia l.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Networking just got easier!

Overall a very easy and effective product to use and implement. Looking forward to explore and utilize more features. The future of networking just got easier!

Pros

Easy to use and fantastic lead capturing/organization tool. Was able to set the entire team's profile easily. Very user friendly.

Cons

None so far. Still in the trial period, would like to explore a bit more to share feedback

GB

Gerod B.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Worth paying for yourself if your company won't

Excellent

Pros

It is a talking point initially when I meet people at networking events. It works well enough that I am able to capture more and it is worth having and paying for as a solo loan officer and it is not reimbursed by my branch or company.

Cons

Every now and again I can't get it to work on someone else's phone and that makes me look a bit daft. Also some of the editing that I will do doesn't stick. For example I have had to go back and remake a custom tile several times but that is only one example. Not a huge deal but that could be better and should be.

MM

Michael M.

Program Development, 201-500 employees

Graphic designer

Implementation. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the operations team had us up and running in no time.

Pros

More features for the price compared to other digital business card companies

Cons

None so far. We’re still only a month in.

Sam B.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

A fantastic tool for Community Marketing Pros

Overall I’ve enjoyed using the product and will continue to do so for the next year.

Pros

I like that it’s sustainable and I don’t need to purchase business cards anymore. I am able to manage everyone on the account and update their profiles as needed. I’m also able to see who is utilizing their accounts for lead generation and who is not.

Cons

Integrating it into my marketing workflow for the entire company has worked really well. I would like to see a feature that allows it to integrate with constant contact so that I can automate monthly contact exports into that program.

SP

Steven P.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

A new level of lead generation

Pros

Popl is easy to use, and sure to impress!

Cons

There is very little not to like about this impressive tool!

Eli Frances A.

Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees

Great Business Card, Expensive for Teams

The experience was great, stellar support team, great features, and probably the best UX/UI interface out of all the digital cards out there.

Pros

Sleek, easy to use, and amazing customer service.

Cons

The pricing for the Team was very expensive. The monthly subscription was hefty especially for 10+ people. A $100+ monthly subscription was too much, hence the reason why we switched over to Ovou