VanillaSoft

Lead management software and CRM solution

VanillaSoft Reviews

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and if I run into any issues, customer service is very helpful in resolving the issue.

LD

Lamar D.

Very user-friendly helps with organization, the set up is perfect for call Centers and the price per month well worth it. The staff and support staff were wonderful with my questions.

SW

Suzanne W.

The intuitive and easy flow of this CRM system is excellent, it helps keep business moving and complications minimized.

DS

Dave S.

Cons

Not specific caller ID which can lead some of the people we are calling to believe we are spam.

AG

Alana G.

Sometimes lags on connecting to calling software.

Adam R.

NNot being able to drag caledar appointments when dates change.

The easiest CRM to use

Transcript

Nichol S.: Hi, my name's Nichol, and I'm an appointment setter and I give VanillaSoft five-star review...

Appointment Setting & Prospect Management for the professional

Pros

Responsive and knowledgeable internal customer support and top notch staff interactions. Google calendar integration allows you to set appointments with confidence that the representative (external agent) will be available for them! Automatic timezone allocation for prospect records which allows appointments to be set for representatives who operate nationwide with no manual accounting for timezone...

Cons

My top complaint has to be with the WYSIWYG editor for scripts and email templates, it is sufficient. However, in the NEW VS interface pasting text with from Google Docs or Word invariably produces an error (complete hang on selecting that script, only fixable by reverting to previous version interface) if the document was over a page long, unless pasted as plain text. Even if the original document has all formatting removed prior to copying. I would greatly appreciate a fix for this and support for pasting simple formatting options without errors.

SDR Sales Simplified

We use this product for cold calling and setting appointments. Works great. Let’s you script calls, setup sequences, and automate workflows. Allows reps to focus on the quality of the conversation because everything else is automated. Our SDR team would not exist if we would not have implemented VanillaSoft. Dump leads in and get to work.

Pros

Allows for SDR sales automation, custom rules and workflows, and gets results.

Cons

Could be prettier, I suppose. I’m being picky here - it’s great at what it does.

Where's the App and Pause Calling?

Should have more portability (create an app) for those on the go and better functionality. Lose the browser only.

Pros

Easy to use for end user. Open platform and superior navigation/disposition functions. Easy to add tagged fields to pull data in a variety of ways.

Cons

No stand alone apps for android, iOS, pc or mac. Just browser functionality. Cannot pause calling (for reporting). If agents stay logged in on their browser it acts like active hours. No way to adjust have to manually adjust reporting.

VanillaSoft is Essential to our Success

Our Lead Management team of 13 reps uses VanillaSoft as our primary CRM in setting appointments for a sales team of over 100 located throughout the United States. The following VanillaSoft features are keys to our success: Auto dialing with VOIP – allows us to make over 65,000 dials each month with minimal loss of production time from our reps. Quality and connection of calls are excellent. Branch...

Cons

Support unlike any other of its kind!

All our information is available in one place. I can see every time a client has been contacted, by who, how long the conversation was, any notes; I can call, set appointment, import leads, and have multiple scripts for everything. There's nothing as comprehensive as this system.

Pros

It would be easy to list 100 reasons why VanillaSoft is such a wonderful system and there's truly not another that compares - but the biggest pro is absolutely in the support team. I am on a first name basis with all of them; I have called more times than I can count and not once have I had a poor experience. They are always there to help me wrap my head around the problems and truly utilize VanillaSoft to do everything my company needs! I can't thank them enough for everything they do.

Cons

It's hard to think of something to list in the cons. It would be nice if I could set things for less than 15 minutes apart - maybe choose any time, but it's so inconsequential it's hardly worth listing

Using VanillaSoft in Higher Education

We are very pleased with VanillaSoft. We were struggling to keep track of our work, analyze our efforts, but this has allowed us to see the data more clearly and constantly pivot or adjust as needed to ensure we meet our goals and outcomes.

Pros

It acts like a CRM for our program in tracking our students and ensuring that we are identifying those who are at risk and most likely need our support the most. The ability to customize the tools according to the numbers we track, and also have the dashboard to encourage healthy competition is bar none to any existing software we have access to.

Cons

We have thoroughly enjoyed VanillaSoft. There's nothing that we haven't liked about it. The ability to customize their tools provides us leverage to automate and streamline.

Great tool for contact centers who need a dialer integrated with CRM.

Greater outbound call efficiency, true CRM features and easy access to call recordings.

Pros

We can support multiple clients and multiple campaigns. Does great job keeping each program separate. Call recordings are easy to access by campaign, agent and lead status. KPI metrics are also easy to find and you can create custom data queries and save them for future use.

Cons

If you need inbound call center features, I highly recommend you select Ring Central as the VoIP partner to integrate with VanillaSoft.

VanillaSoft has made my business more enjoyable than it already was!

Our business is much more efficient and lead conversion is much higher than it was prior to using.

Pros

I like that I never have to look at a calendar and/or constantly have reminders pop up. The que based routing always gives me the most important call to make at the right time.

Cons

I do not like the pop up window I get each time a scheduled call back come up. It is assumed with the software that each time a call is routed that it needs to be called, so the pop up is confusing to me and time consuming.

Just What Inside Sales Teams Need

VanillaSoft is the perfect solution for Inside Sales teams that need to make lots of calls everyday. Unlike other solutions it is built for power dialing and makes our teams drastically more efficient. VanillaSoft elegantly programs their system to make things intuitive and easy to use. As a result, our team can easily learn how to use the system without extensive training. Overall the simplicity of VanillaSoft allows our team to focus on selling instead of navigating their CRM.

Pros

Easy to use with the right features you need to make sure your inside sales team is being as effective as possible!

Better then most

I was surprisingly impressed after my first use of VanillaSoft as I expected it to be like most other solutions I have used with numerous bugs and needed updates. I was able to easily identify where I needed to go for things I needed and also track my daily and overall performance along with my team. In the case of any issue it seems to always get resolved fairly quickly which helps set it apart. Overall I feel the platform is better then most.

Pros

Being able to access all parts of the platform from a single drop down. Also I like having view into my own as well as others on my team KPI's on one dashboard.

Cons

Calls not automatically recording when moving to next call in que. If the call button is not in green it has not recorded and it should automatically. This causes you to have to hang up then restart call.

The ultimate "Phone" prospecting tool for businesses

Overall, this is my "go to" system. I wish it was a little cheaper but it does what we need it to do and it does it very well! If you work in this system every day, it will make you successful! Hit the start button and go!

Pros

I have used this system on and off since 2009 and it's come a long way since then. I keep going back to it because it does the main important things very well. Also, I've had telemarketers try two other systems and they all loved Vanillasoft the most. In fact, after deciding to go with a cheaper option, they would come back to me and ask if we could use VS again. Including my son who just told me yesterday...

Cons

Price: For the first user its going to cost you about $200 if you want all the features. $100 for the basics and then $30 for auto-dialing, $30 for their phone and $30 to record and store calls. Every other user is $80 for the basics + $90 for the rest. So, two users with everything will cost you about $370 a month. With that said, I always go back to it. So, better to spend money on something that...

VanillaSoft Pro CRM robust and easy to administrate

Pros

The company is extremely responsive to customer needs and support requests. When I started my company I needed a scalable CRM with a calendar solution for outside sales reps. Vanillasoft fit the bill in all respects for our niche utilization and blew all other options out of the water in terms of ease of configuration and use. Initially there wasn't an option to auto sync calendars with outside software. About six months after I submitted this as a suggestion, we had a working gmail synchronization capability at no development cost to us.

Cons

I am going to ignore the obvious inconvenience that is inherent to hosted services infrequent but nevertheless frustrating slowdowns or communication errors with the hosted server. The only actual disappointment I've had is also something I am sure this is a common problem across all vendors of SAAS solutions: updates and changes. While I love the constant effort at increasing functionality and streamlining...

Best B2B CRM for Outbound Lead Generation

VanillaSoft is my secret weapon! My teams are significantly more productive than they were on any other CRM software, and VanillaSoft is absolutely intuitive, requiring less than 15 minutes of training for new reps.

Pros

I have used several CRMs, but VanillaSoft is exactly the software I would create if I made B2B CRMs for a living! It allows my reps to see both the prospect they are calling, and the other contacts in the company, simultaneously, so that they can easily ask for another prospect if they are unable to reach the original target. It gives my reps powerful insight into the company they are calling, and...

Cons

The software could use a bit more power in its integration capabilities and reporting, but I appreciate that they stay focused on the core objective of keeping my reps productive!

Good dialer solution but needs a database backend

Business problems solved: How to cost effectively and easily create, manage and execute outbound programs Benefits: Competitive pricing, simple functionality

Pros

Easy to set up new campaigns and easy for callers to make dials. VOIP is decent quality and VS doesn't charge anything for the calls regardless if they are domestic or international. Recording feature is a huge benefit but they are only saved for a limited amount of time and there have been times when a call was not recorded despite the fact that recording was enabled for that campaign and that disposition.

Cons

When a call has a positive result, VS should have a database on the back end that allows positive results to flow automatically into a specific client location or folder for client management purposes. Reporting is extremely difficult to customize and exporting lists from VS results in nearly 100 unneeded columns being added. Recording feature is a huge benefit but they are only saved for a limited amount of time and there have been times when a call was not recorded despite the fact that recording was enabled for that campaign and that disposition

Revolutionized our organization

VanillaSoft has eliminated many problems such as: -multiple calls to one prospect from different callers -calling existing customers as prospects -time wasting manual reporting -lack of caller activity visibility

Pros

VanillaSoft streamlines our selling efforts and has completely revolutionized the way we run our company. We've gone from literally using printouts, excel sheets etc to manage our accounts and prospects to everything being through VanillaSoft. VanillaSoft has made us more efficient in calling, reporting, closing new business, pretty much every area of our company has improved by using VanillaSoft.

Cons

There are not many things I dislike about VanillaSoft. Anytime I have a problem, their customer service is very responsive and helpful, and they even take your suggestions for new features and are constantly rolling out improvements.

Easy to use and many features to serve all of my needs

I know it may seem silly, but I am not a huge computer person even though my job is working on the computer, so I am really grateful that VanillaSoft is so clear to follow. Learning something new doesn't take long, and that's not because I'm a savant. It's because the software is so very user-friendly. There are many features that make my work easier, and make things easier for the company. I rarely have any problems, but on the occasion that I have had to contact customer support, they respond solve the problem swiftly, even if the problem is my own fault.

Pros

I use the admin side more than the user side, but both are easy. I work with the contact management, deduping, intellective routing/filters, and email features the most.

Cons

The deduping feature can be irritating because the quick select is lacking in options, so often I have thousands of duplicates and I have to go through and select the ones I want deleted one at a time. It takes FOREVER.

Very good lead management - calendar functionality could be improved.

Vanilla Soft is an easy-to-use lead management program that has smooth integration of outside applications, a wealth of flexibility in their templates, and (with some improvements) is a contender for a top choice in lead-management systems.

Pros

This is an extremely easy-to-use interface with lots of flexibility to add client information. It connects the end use (employee) and the client in an easy and reliable way - even when involving outside applications. The templates seem flexible and open for a lot of customization.

Cons

The calendar function is lacking in options. There needs to be a drag-and-drop OR drop-down function in Calendar view that allows the end user (employee) to easily reschedule calls without re-resulting them. the calendar should have work-top options so meetings and other office-related things can be scheduled within the calendar. The form tabs should be able to be duplicated within the same lead. Once the form is created and approved by the administrator the end user (employee) should be able to create duplicates of the same form. This would eliminate the need to create duplicate leads in order to access the same form twice.

High value product for higher ed call center

Overall, very reliable software that allows us to run our call center completely paperless. Tools available for supervisors to monitor caller productivity are really important to running an efficient call center. Minimal training allows callers to feel comfortable with the software soon after calling. Focus is then on securing gifts from donors.

Pros

Really easy for student callers to use. New layout is very functional and straightforward; doesn't require much training to learn. Provides the right features without cluttering the dashboard. Call scripting is simple and effective, reporting functionality is robust, workflow/routing allows for segmentation and efficiency.

Cons

Email client is a bit difficult to use and doesn't have a very modern look to it. Occasional service outages hamper productivity, but this is not often.

This is the one CRM that everyone can use AND increase your productivity!

I get more accomplished every day with Vanilla Soft because of the way the leads flow seamlessly. I can make so many more calls and send out more emails and have all the information I need right at my fingertips. I would recommend this product to anyone, no matter what level of computer proficiency they have.

Pros

I have not used a software program that is this easy to use. It literally took me about 15 minutes to get the hang of it. You can send emails with2 clicks (you choose the appropriate email). You click to call, you can input information, close the lead and another one pops up! This program keeps track of your progress throughout the workday. You see where you are spending your time. I love this program

Cons

The only thing I don't like it that only one record is displayed at a time. I am on the phone all day and I have cold-called the same person twice. Of course, there is a feature that shows a list of the calls I have made but you must click the one you are looking for and I think it could be more streamlined.

Very easy to use. Love the routing options.

It makes my job easier every day. I can track production on accounts, I can track sales prospecting. Can run various reports which I do both weekly and monthly. I love Vanilla Soft.

Pros

routing options, dashboard layout, able to customize. We can send out information on behalf of our clients which is awesome, but then it will also route that record to the front when the email gets opened. This is a great benefit we sell to our clients.

Cons

I would like to be able to note a record with having to terminate it. There are times when a client has synced their calendar to ours and this will sometimes block us from being able to terminate a record and I have to go in on the admin side and add a note that way. Too time consuming.

Get's the job done with ease

with the ability to integrate with our existing systems and auto-generated email and SMS messages, we feel we are more effective at reaching every lead by their preferred communication method.

Pros

Vanillasoft allows us the ability to customize our experience to meet any need that might arise. It's easy to configure auto-updates and auto web-leads and that keeps our info up-to-date and allows us to reach our interested lead very quickly.

Cons

Auto-dialing configuration if you don't use their phone system can be tricky. We are using internet explorer since Chrome doesn't have TAPI support. We are, however, hoping to switch to VS provided phone system which would further improve our experience.

Essential for our business

We have used VanillaSoft since the early days of the business and it has helped us to maintain exceptional levels of productivity.

Pros

It is very user friendly and provides intelligent info and feedback on reporting for our clients. The layout is very simple yet effective. It is significantly better than any other CRM we have seen.

Cons

We currently have to export full databases but it would be helpful to extract based on calling days. Also the routing filter update means now call backs show up on 'available contacts' but these would not all be due to be called now and are therefore not actually available.

VanillaSoft has been a great tool to help us manage our call center.

VanillaSoft has been a great tool to manage our prospecting efforts and coordinate communication with prospects.

Pros

The user interface is easy to navigate and understand. There are great features/functions that increase our productivity. We are able to integrate extra marketing touches, like emails and efaxes into campaigns that our callers can initiate with the click of a button.

Cons

Since we work with multiple client campaigns it is sometimes challenging to integrate with their CRM. I'd like to see API integrations for additional CRMs. They are in beta tests with Zapier, which should help.

By far the most crucial tool in the success of my business.

Maximum efficiency, assists in organization, allows for multiple points of contact inside a small time frame, allows me to work with multiple clients simultaneously.

Pros

My favorite thing about VanillaSoft is that this platform allows me maximum efficiency, but requires minimal effort. It is an incredibly easy tool to use, and keeps me very well organized. Unlike other systems I've used in the past, VanillaSoft is a great value, and definitely worth the investment.

Cons

There was a time or two that I've observed the same lead being worked by two agents in our office at the same time, but I'm almost certain this was user error - not a malfunction with the software. Unless there's a way to program the cue to bypass a lead that is being worked, I have no complaints.

Vanilla Soft Review

I am a user, not an administrator, so my over all experience in the last 5 years has been great. IT is reliable, safe and easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. The concept is straight forward, and the reliability is key. I have used this software for over 5 years and very rarely have any issues. I am not a software wizard, and I have had no problems learning all the ins and outs.

Cons

What I like least about this software is sometimes it can be slow or stall. But that is with all CRM programs.