Route4Me Reviews

4.43/5 (173 reviews)

Kristen Baskin

Route 4 Me is essential to curbside composting businesses. It's easy to use and integrates easily

Reviewed 2017-10-03

We are able to communicate well as a team about routes, and there is rarely anything that slips through the cracks. Makes us efficient for sure. Our haulers get paid by the stop, so it's easy for them to switch stops around so they can make more money.

Pros
I like the list of routes, the cloud-based backbone, and multiple user feature. It's easy to replicate and re-name routes, and easy to integrate with Waze.

Cons
I love this software and above that it gets too expensive for a small company. A calendar feature that integrates with Google would be extremely helpful. The integration with Waze is perfect, however the Route4Me directions don't work at all. Because of Waze you don't need them though. I don't like that you can't do automatic routes every week, they need to be replicated and re-sent, but it's not a big deal. The pricing structure seems to place value on a handful of large clients rather than scaling up with many smaller clients; there's no way that smaller companies can afford this software over /month. I can't imagine running this business without it though so we make room for the expense somehow!!!

Stan Brallier

Route4Me - a valuable tool to help us accomplish our mission

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Our organization is an all-volunteer non-profit that delivers healthy food to our city's children every week throughout the Summer school vacation when the meals normally available from the school system to low-income families is no longer available.

Pros
Ease of creating new maps from imported addresses. The flexibility of modifying routes easily by importing new addresses and inserting them into existing routes with drag and drop technology. Critical to our operation is the ability to export mapping results from Roue4Me to be imported into our database and be integrated with our delivery lists. Route4Me does this easily.

Cons
Our drivers are all volunteers so we do not use all of the powerful Smartphone navigation available from Route4Me so we rely upon printed maps and driving directions. I find the quality of the printed maps lacking due to the density of our 12 routes, making 15 to 25 stops per route over quite compact local routes in the city.

Steven Tessler

Time & Miney Savings

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Excellent application. Has taken me thousands of miles without getting lost and saved me countless hours in travel time hundreds of dollars in gas.

Pros
Allows me to enter desired destinations, then each destination can be organized based on selected criteria by “Replanning the Route”. This makes my daily driving more efficient and cost effective.

Cons
Entering the “Departure Address”, then changing the “Departure Address” to something else where another address is desired, and I would like there to be a particular final destination. This can get confusing and time consuming when the “Optimization” setting needs to be changed. Recommend there be an option to enter “Final Destination” by itself.

Carletta Edmonds

Love Route4Me

Reviewed 2019-09-28

Love Route4Me app it has saved my life!! Thanks!!!!

Pros
Love that whether I have 4 packages that need delivered or 50 that I can just punch them in Route4Me and put the delivery in order in a snap. I usually take late Air to a route driver if they are past the stops and it is up to us to figure out what order to put them in so now I never worry. Saturdays only a few of us deliver Air packages none of the packages download for us so just put mine in Route4Me and on my way. Route4Me helps me keep my job. Thanks!!!!!

Cons
I don't like how some of the addresses won't pull up when you punch them in Route4Me. If you go over to like google maps which is one of the maps your app lets me use and punch the address in it pulls the address up there but doesn't make sense why Route4Me app doesn't recognize that address. I wish when we were typing in addresses around the same area the app could recognize it and automatically pull that address up without having to type the city and state in with each address.

Ron Gubrud

Technical support and customer follow through terrible

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-06

Create routes to pickup our students from home and deliver them to school in the morning. Was hoping to cut route times, pickup more students at their homes, and reduce bus operating costs. Then in the afternoon take the students back home. I was never able to complete this task with the software, as it appeared some of the features of the software once enabled did not function. Mainly no U Turns allowed. the routing continued to plan and optimize a route showing the our 40 foot school buses making U turns on narrow two lane country roads, with place to turn around. It did the same U turn in our city areas as well. Where the city streets were did not have turn arounds, and could not be pulled into residential driveways. I feel the software MIGHT have been able to work for us, but the follow through of their technical department was so poor, I was unable to get their assistance during a demo of the product, to ask questions or learn the features of the product. I spent over 30 hours of my time working with the trial on my own, trying to get far enough that with their assistance I would have a working solution to my routing challenges. It seems to be a complete waste of time.

Pros
Looked like good value, and ease of use.

Cons
Technical support. Some features could not be made to work. Was promosed a demo period during my free trial, to help set up our routes, and understand the features of the software. To insure that I was able to be up and running before the end of my 7 day free trial. I was promised the demo daily, and it never happened. I actually had three appointments for the demo. The first was never confirmed. The second didn't happen until after the trial was over, and they forgot to extend the trial first, so it was delayed while the extended the trial. The third was then rescheduled, and the team never called. Not to start the demo, not to cancell or reshedule the demo again. They did not call at all. Now 2 days later, they have still not called. The only thing that worked real well, was there auto response email, and a daily auto email with ideas on why their software was helping so many companies.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Philip Streifer

Thank you Route4Me!

Reviewed 2016-09-06

Through Route4Me's generosity, 'GotLunch! Laconia' was able to use their routing program to help deliver summer lunches to poor children in Laconia, NH this past summer. It made a huge difference on so many levels. "GotLunch! Laconia" is an all-volunteer organization that provides lunches to hundreds of children in Laconia, NH each week while school is out. These are kids that qualify for free and reduced lunches during the school year but whose parents do not have the means to provide truly healthful lunches during the summer months when school is out. Drivers deliver a shopping bag of properly selected and packed foods each Monday to every home. "GotLunch! Laconia" is a year-long effort culminating with these summer weekly deliveries. Prior to using Route4Me, routing was organized mostly by hand, was incredibly time consuming, often with inefficient drive routes sometimes creating delivery confusion. I served as a volunteer driver and had become so frustrated myself doing these deliveries during the summer of 2015 that I went in search of a solution and found Route4Me. Another benefit of using Route4Me is the computer interface that is now possible with the IT programs used yearlong to create and manage deliveries as well as all other aspects of the program. Thus the workload of the individual responsible for this aspect of the operation has been reduced considerably. Once again this summer I served as a volunteer driver and can attest to the gratitude that all these kids and their parents' have in receiving their lunches. And the routes provided to drivers were now clear, logical and efficient allowing for proper delivery of lunches. Philip A. Streifer, PhD Volunteer pstreifer@gmail.com

Pros
Ease of use; comprehensive functions, bottom-line - it works!

Cons
Nothing.

Greg Mitchell

Satisfied User

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Overall I am very satisfied with this product and would recommend it to my co-workers.

Pros
The speed in which the stops are organized ease of use of the product. Also the ability of this product to add or adjust stops to the original route without having to initiate a whole new route.

Cons
The accuracy of the product when organizing the stops into a route is questionable. Stops on the same street have not routed accurately. They did not follow each other in order. Also after a stop has been completed the user is not sure of or unclear as to which way to proceed to begin the next stop. Also when the user has made a mistake and turned the wrong way,it would be easier to advise the user to make a U-turn rather then to advise them to proceed around the block etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Frank Deegan

Great app BUT

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I’m a satellite engineer and use this religiously, pity I can’t use alt logic to accompany the route app

Pros
I love the route distance between stops And the over all details on the plan itself. The productive text and street names are terrible. Have a look at some Irish street names and towns lands and you will see what I mean.

Cons
I used to be able to put the Irish eircode (postcode) but not for a year or so. It was very handy.

Frank Webb

Route4Me Had Just What We Were Looking For!

Reviewed 2019-07-19

Software offers the specific abilities we desired and is easy to use. Customer Support is helpful and the live chat is always available. The new customer onboarding session was a great help!

Pros
The most important feature we had to have was being able to route using pre-set ETA's. Software is fairly easy to use and the 90 min onboarding session answered the questions I had.

Cons
When uploading a route there are a lot of screens that you have to click through until the route is actually created. They are time consuming and at times tedious.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

John Pinner

easy fro routing

Reviewed 2018-07-31

know where to send my drivers

Pros
ease of use. voice data entry makes it very easy to enter stops. complete information and directions available as needed.

Cons
no real customer support. Human voice needed at times. My questions do not fit in the drop down menu. I suggest using a human contact at least once per year to advise of changes, improvements and to review contract

Sam Conover

Daily Trips

Reviewed 2019-05-06

Using Route4me is a great tool to optimize my daily delivery stops. It definitely helps efficiently run my routes.

Pros
Software works great. I easily enter my address.

Cons
I don't like all the confirmation steps needed to complete an entry. Setting start location needs to be one step, set and thats it. Each time I utilize the arrive and exit function I have to hit ok, that's annoying.

Jeff Gannaway

When I use it,it works

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Pros
Easy baby easy I use it for setting up my run list daily and not always in the same area. I cover the entire county some 5 or 600 square miles or more. It sets me up so I don't waste my time getting from 1 stop to the next.

Cons
Uuum let me get back to you on this. I would say the software needs to recognize the area your in so I don't have a stop in Rome or France when I'm in So Cal. That kinda messes everything up. Program the softwares for the state your in not the state of confusion.

Shaun D Simmons

Took the guess work out of service and delivery

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Freed up the daily, mundane grind of taking my established client base and "working in" client one-off's. It also allows me to better track driver productivity to see if either they aren't actually as busy as reported or over worked in which I can make the business decision to bring on another driver either full-time or over flow.

Pros
Very easy to upload my client base and fins the best order of my service stops. It actually showed my "unbalanced" routes and where I could improve in scheduling as well as showed me a lapse in driver reported mileage and excess time per stop.

Cons
Some functionality for back-end processes like auto invoicing as well as automatic dispatching were still easier to do by hand.

Rebecca Talbert

Great utility for Newspaper Carriers!!

Reviewed 2019-02-05
Review Source: Software Advice

There is a free trial that allows you to see if the software is right for you!

Pros
This product enables you to map entire set routes, adding addresses, removing others, and changing as needed. Saves time and guesswork!

Cons
It does not always give the most optimized route, some adjustments must still be made after running the route.

Carol Schultz

Thank you Route 4 Me!

Reviewed 2018-11-17

Pros
I love your app because it is awesome helping me route garage sales in our large community of 160,000. It is easy to use and it organizes garage sales according to addresses. It is able to ‘optimize’ the long list. And, it is FREE to me. VERY easy to use. I don’t ‘save’ routes because they change daily. Once I see the map locations, I can add or delete. (I usually delete sales that are 8-10+ miles from my house.) I can see how a business can use this to determine their driver’s route. Saves money in gas

Cons
It may be ‘me’ but I would like to print out the addresses in routes order so I don’t need to re-write the order from 1 to 10.

Kyle Lenkey

Very In-depth routing suite with innovative features

Reviewed 2017-12-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Really like they way that Route4Me is setup. We used the software for our waste collection business and enjoyed the amount of levers that could be used to fine tune and improve the routes. Their sales staff were extremely helpful in demoing the platform and their trial period was great to try out our need specifically.

Cons
Unfortunately, we needed something a little more simpler. Our needs specifically surrounded requiring each vehicle to have a unique departure and termination address. Route4Me offered the services of their in house development team, but we ended up finding another solution to meet our needs.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

James Himes

Best damn app ever

Reviewed 2019-07-08

This has given me the shortest route possible saving time and gas.

Pros
I am done looking for route planners. This app will plan my route down to the min. If i gain new customers I can add them in a flash.

Cons
No down falls. I use this app to plan pick up with 60 customers in 3 different counties. I

Doug Rowe

The greatest routing software on the planet

Reviewed 2017-09-20

faster routing. gps fix on vans. up to date geocoding.

Pros
Customer service is incredible, web support get back to you in seconds and ALWAYS finds a solution. Very impressed

Cons
Some spacing issues on UK postcodes that make it difficult to verify. However, Web support fixed this for me immediately.

Toby McCrory

Saves you time and money

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Pros
Easy to use, I use the microphone on my smartphone to input the addresses which makes it easier. The app puts all my stops in order, Once you get used to it, it's second Nature.

Cons
You must hit the microphone button for each entry I wish they'd streamline that aspect. If they can figure a way to Get it to automatically move on to the next entry without hitting several buttons it would be far more Valuable to me!

Indika Perera

Responsive, feature-rich and backed by good customer support

Reviewed 2019-10-13

Pros
Simplicity - Look and feel + ease of use Features - Not too many or too little Performance - Fast, responsive website Support - Personalised and caring

Cons
Limited payment options. - I would have loved to have payment via invoice or via re-seller

Paul Fox

Amazing time saver! Have been using with other companies I worked for. It's a must have!

Reviewed 2018-06-10

Pros
Ease of use and connects to my GPS app. Finds all the stops I need to visit accurately. I like the weekly report you send as well.

Cons
I'm a big fan...hard to find anything I don't love about it. I wish the non mobile version were more affordable

Thomas Wall

Best planner I've tried

Reviewed 2019-08-10

Pros
My routes are different every day. Route4Me plans the best way each time. Only once in the last 3 months did I change the order of delivery.

Cons
I would like for the software to be programed for my state only. When I'm adding an address, it comes up with similar addresses in other states.

Brandon Taylor

The app was easy to use and simple (in a good way). I recommended Route4Me to all my coworkers!

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
It was very straightforward and simple, in such a way that a computer genius would appreciate it just as much as someone with no technical savvy.

Cons
It didn't work well for iPhone but it worked impeccably well on Android. Also, I believe if there was a function that allowed you to change individual locations in the order on the map it would be more efficient (the map doesn't always know which streets are dead ends or which neighborhoods have entry gates; still, this is no fault of the app as most map functions struggle with this exact same problem).

Frank Deegan

More detail

Reviewed 2019-09-28

I like it, any way you can incorporate “field logic “ into the mix ?

Pros
Visually impressive if FieldLogic can be incorporated into it, that would be great

Cons
Can’t put post code/ zip code or as in Ireland an Eircode .. doesn’t recognise them

Dan Von der lippe

Its a really Nice tool, it saves me a lot of time, and i get more coustermer visits

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Saves time, i Can get more visits cours of Good planning

Pros
Easy to use Good overwiew Really saves time Its Map function is really Good and gives fast overwiew

Cons
It could be Nice if it was easy to save the adresse list online, so You Can use it whit different divices. I know You Can do it manally but i have a lot of adress in my list, so it Will tale a lot of time.