CommentSold Logo

CommentSold

Social commerce & customer engagement solution for retailers

CommentSold Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.6/10

Reviews by rating

I helped my friend with this and WOW. This was the best business decision she has made thus far.
CommentSold has many great features, an intuitive interface and very helpful customer service. A great software when you have an online store.
Comment Sold's waitlist feature is a lifesaver. I can easily look at the data that tells me which products are the most popular and easily recognize what I should purchase again.
The bugs...I know they are unavoidable at times, but also can be frustrating.
The price is a little to steep to pay for the program itself and they take out another % from Paypal.

Karissa H.

Owner

The best website for retail

Transcript

Karissa: Hi, I'm Karissa. I am the owner of my company and I give CommentSold a five out of five review,...

AG

Ashley G.

Game Changer!

The software is amazing!! I cannot say enough good things about your customer service reps. I feel like I've got a "friend" out there who handles things ASAP once I send a request. The response time is super fast and the CS reps' knowledge is unmatched. Excellent company and very well run.

Pros

I began a tiny online shop and was utilizing spreadsheets for inventory, taking orders and managing orders. I then had to use Paypal to invoice, send constant reminders and beg people to pay their invoices. CommentSold changed ALL of that!! I was spending an average of 4 hours every day/night on invoicing and followups. CS took that chore away completely! I love the fact I can track accurate inventory and update as needed so I don't oversell any item. I couldn't manage my business, which has grown tremendously, without it! And my accountant loves that he can log in and pull reports for tax purposes. An all-arond win/win for everyone!

Cons

Currently, the only issue I have is that every time I log in and pull up Products, its in reverse order. oldest product posted. I have to manually change it to sort by SKU and then re-sort to newest first.

CM

Chelsey M.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Couldn’t run our business without it

Commentsold automates so much of our business, so that we can spend time marketing and taking care of our customers. It also allows us to not have to manage/respond to every single comment. We have a website included in our monthly package that is seamlessly integrated to our customer shopping account and backend. We have coupon features, shipping features, app features, constant bug fixes and updates. Their customer service is AMAZING! We have a live chat available with crazy fast responses. We have access to customer service reps by simply scheduling a call. They are LITERALLY worth so much more than we pay monthly. We could NOT run our retail business without them. Simple as that.

Pros

The seamless function between customers commenting sold on Facebook, being led to their account page, checking out, and the order appearing on our end. Fully detailed, paid for, and ready to be shipped.

Cons

Zero complaints - they are on top of bugs and updates before we even realize we need something changed. They also keep us updated on Facebook changes before the population knows anything has changed. Amazing.

BS

Brooke S.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

CS is a solid product for large and small businesses

I like comment sold and will continue to use it. The support staff are very helpful.

Pros

It saves me time by not having to invoice and it syncs with Shopify which saves me a lot of time.

Cons

It’s expensive for small shops like me and I could use synclogic without having to purchase a Shopify account. Also, I do have some customers that have a really hard time figuring it out. But overall, I’m happy with the product.

Hi Brooke! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so glad to hear using CommentSold has saved you time on invoicing for your business. Wishing you continued success in the future!

KD

Kyle D.

Comment Sold is the BOMB.COM

Overall we love CS. It gets better every day and I can't wait to see what the next year holds and what kind of features that CS develops. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Commentsold has allowed us to automate daily task, and continues to evolve. I think that is the neatest part of being apart of the CS family is that the platform is changing all of the time. The CS we have today is completely different than a year ago when we signed on.

Cons

Because the platform is ever evolving sometimes small details can get missed or features get released that are glitchy. I understand the nature of it is to release the features and then continue to adapt them and change them so learning to understand that sometimes things break has been my least favorite part but a very small part. As a whole I would still rate CS as A+!

LM

Leslie M.

We tried CommentSOLD

Our overall experience with CS was good. We decided it wasn't for us but know of several other boutique owners that absolutely love it. The customer service was exceptional and any time we had an issue someone was more than ready to jump in and help. Just because it wasn't for us, doesn't mean it isn't a great program. I am confident the developers will continue to improve their product.

Pros

CS is easy to use and has spectacular customer service. The automated invoicing and cost of goods tracking is two of the best features this program has. Automated invoicing is such a huge time saver and it's very seamless. The automatic messages and the requirement of comment from customers did help boost engagement in our group.

Cons

We experienced a number of minor glitches. First, the software would confuse size and identifying number in customer comments causing us to have to manually correct carts. It also pulls inventory completely out of the system which holds it from other customers should you have a customer not want to pay their invoice right away. Additionally, this software does not integrate with Sezzle but I was...

LB

Lorie Beth T.

Changed My Business & My Life

I use to stay up until 1 and 2am in the morning invoicing manually. When I started commentsold this cut my work time down dramatically so I could have more family time and use my time better in my business. It also took my business to a much higher level than I could have ever obtained by manually invoicing. I would not be where I am now without commentsold. I'm extremely thankful for the platform and love it so much. Life & Business changing!

Pros

It is completely user friendly. Easy to use and simple to navigate. Customer service is available and super helpful. Makes selling faster & easier so you can use your time in other areas of your business. They are innovating and coming up with new features to add to help their customers sell more. Always improving.

Cons

No reward program but it is currently being worked on.

GM

Gabriella M.

Great peoduct

I really like that this product does it all. Tracks inventory, invoices, assists with taxes

Pros

Easy to use. This product does everything for me.

Cons

Cost can be high when adding commission and monthly fee.

Hi Gabriella! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so glad that CommentSold is the all-in-one platform for your business! Looking forward to your continued success!

DG

Deidra G.

Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees

Great for Inventory!!

I've been using CommentSold for almost 2 years now and I feel like it's getting better and better!!

Pros

Love how you can post all your pictures in one place, break them down into albums, and price however you'd like!! The pictures are vibrant and everything is laid out wonderfully!!

Cons

The one thing I don't particularly like is that you can't always zoom in on a picture like you'd like too, especially if there is a certain print or color you'd like.

Thank for the awesome review, Deidra! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the inventory management function, and we will take your feedback on zooming in on the photos into consideration as we make improvements. Looking forward to your continued success in the future!

EH

Erin H.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

I love that they are constantly working to improve the software and make it better. They take all customer suggestions and review and implement them if possible. They care about how the users feel about the software and the customer service is quick and direct.

Pros

This makes it extremely easy to process a lot of orders quickly. We used PayPal before this and it was very time consuming and difficult to manage. This way allows items to flow easily to next in line if not paid in a certain amount of time and we never have to touch the transaction until it’s completed.

Cons

Paying 6% per transaction is high. I do wish the fee removed from each sale was less.

Karissa H.

The best website for retail

So far my experience has been really good. I love how easy it makes it for others to shop with us. Some of the people that work for the company are not so knowledgeable.

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate this website and software with selling onto Facebook. Also they make it easy to set up an app for others to use and shop through.

Cons

There are a few features I wish could be included when setting up the website like adding a picture to the about us page. But it is things I can easily work around.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Karissa! We are so happy to hear that you've found integrating CommentSold with your social media accounts easy and effective (and that it's made shopping for your customers easier, too!). We actually just released our new Webstore that allows you to have a picture on your "About Us" page! We are always striving to assure that we provide you with the best assistance and resources - please feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team if you have any questions and they'd be happy to help. Looking forward to your continued success in the future!

KC

Kim C.

Love Comment Sold

Best decision I could have made. Can't imagine trying to keep up without it. Really a game changer for my small business!

Pros

Inventory and no more invoicing! Bookkeeping and ease of figuring taxes also a huge help.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives. Maybe more options to pay, but there might be now and I'm just unaware.

Hi Kim! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so happy to hear CommentSold was the best decision you made for your small business! Wishing you continued success in the future!

KM

Kelsea M.

I love CS!!

I love it! It has boosted our sales tremendously and our customers love it. They've become addicted to ordering and we've become addicted to selling!

Pros

The amount of time we are saving. We also like the ease of use for our customers, they think it's simple, easy, and it's fast paced so the urgency to buy is higher than a regular webstore. We're excited to utilize the app in the future as well!

Cons

There are definitely some features that could make CS much more user friendly. BUT I love that you guys actually listen to our wants and needs, and integrate new things every week, so I know it will be even better in the future!

WD

Whitney D.

Comment Sold Has Changed Our Business

Our experience with CommentSold has been exceptional. The entire team goes above and beyond to help grow our business. The ease of use of the software and the streamlined processing has cut our man hours in over half leaving us more time to focus on growing our business and more time to take care of our customers versus spending hours shipping and invoicing. Our business and grown leaps and bounds with CommentSold and we can't wait to see where we go from here!

Pros

The ease of use and the customer service!

Cons

There are some bugs that need to be fixed here and there but for the most part I haven't found many cons!

Katherine H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Comment Sold Personal Life Saver!

Comment Sold has saved me at least 20 hours of invoicing time weekly! Our customers love the App.

Pros

The updates are numerous each week and they really listen to feedback!

Cons

App pushes sometimes can't be chosen when linking products after posting to facebook. Sometimes I don't want an app push.

JB

Jennifer B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

So glad I adopted CommentSold

I got COVID during my first month. The staff gave me 10 extra free trial days without me asking. That really impressed me. The support is phenomenal. I really appreciate how they are 'all in' helping me when I have a question or concern.

Pros

I love that I do not have to create manual invoices with Facebook anymore. This was my chief motivation to try CommentSold. I also needed inventory management and that is going very well too.

Cons

I wish it cost less. Would prefer not paying the base fee and only pay a percentage.

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy our automatic invoicing and inventory management has been beneficial for your business. Also, we're so glad our Customer Success team has been able to assist with any questions or concerns. Looking forward to your continued success!

MB

Marissa B.

My favorite software

Pros

I don’t think I can pick one thing . There are so many amazing features . Plus their excellent customer service .

Cons

I don’t have any complaints except I wish I could keep up with all of what they offer

AW

Ashley W.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

What every boutique needs!

Great Customer service! Someone is always just a chat away whether on the platform or in the Facebook group. They stay on top of updates and keep us well informed of social media changes and ways to grow our business. They truly care about their customer.

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to navigate and it’s always improving.

Cons

Only lets you share inventory for one location.

NS

Nicki S.

Get Back Time

Overall, I’ve loved CS. Their customer service is quick to answer questions. And it still leaves the engagement on my social media instead of taking them off the site which reduces visibility.

Pros

I was sucked into manually invoicing my customers on social media every day. Then would have to remind them to pay their invoice or frustrate other customers who wanted that item but I was waiting for the first one to pay. Now I have this system that automatically does it all for me and gave me back countless hours!

Cons

I truly wish there was an easier mobile version. The copy/paste feature doesn’t select as smooth to get the link in the post and tailor certain parts for the description.

Kristine H.

Love Commentsold

Using commentsold has made my business more organized.

Pros

The ease of using the program. The customer service is over the top great. You never have to wait long for a answer, new updates weekly.

Tammy R.

Boutique Owner

We signed on with Comment Sold in June and it's been a game changer for us!

Pros

Very user friendly and constantly improving with weekly updates!

Cons

I don't really have anything specific to mention as they are constantly improving and customer service is their #1 priority

CommentSold Review

Pros

CommentSold has been really helpful with our online store. It takes care of invoices and managing orders and does so very efficiently. It also tracks and updates our inventory which I previously had to do manually, so it's been saving me quite a bit of time.

Cons

This is a great software and I really don't have anything negative to say; the only feature I wish could be changed is the order of products, which currently goes from oldest to newest.

SD

Shae D.

Hands down the best!

Absolutely the best

Pros

It’s so easy! It saves me so much time and I love the reporting it gives me Hands down the best customer service

Cons

I honestly have no negatives - mostly I need to learn more ;)

RW

Rachel W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Comment sold works like a champ!

Love it! Very easy to use and ssupport is always available.

Pros

Easy to use. The platform has helped generate more revenue than we ever expected.

Cons

The reporting/exporting features is limited

BT

Bekah T.

Cs review

I’d say overall I’m thrilled with them

Pros

Easy to use, very convenient worth every penny

Cons

Every now and then it glitches and I miss someone’s orde and that’s so frustrujg

LH

LINDA H.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Game Changer!

This is fantastic for the business owner and the customer alike. It's what both sides needed.

Pros

I helped my friend with this and WOW! This was the best business decision she has made thus far. I am very impressed.

Cons

It took us a minute to get the hang of it, but once we did we were off and running! Made a huge difference in her sales.