CommentSold Logo
CommentSold

Social commerce & customer engagement solution for retailers

visit website

CommentSold Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.6/10

Reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

I helped my friend with this and WOW. This was the best business decision she has made thus far.
CommentSold has many great features, an intuitive interface and very helpful customer service. A great software when you have an online store.
Comment Sold's waitlist feature is a lifesaver. I can easily look at the data that tells me which products are the most popular and easily recognize what I should purchase again.
The bugs...I know they are unavoidable at times, but also can be frustrating.
The price is a little to steep to pay for the program itself and they take out another % from Paypal.

KH

Karissa H.

Owner

The best website for retail

Transcript

Karissa: Hi, I'm Karissa. I am the owner of my company and I give CommentSold a five out of five review,...

Brianna S.

CommentSold

Before we had CommentSold we had to go through and invoice every person individually. This took forever, especially when we started processing more orders. CommentSold does all of the heavy lifting for us and it takes out a lot of the human errors that we were experiencing before.

Pros

I love how easy it is for our customers to use. They can shop easily on our page or through the website. Customers can also see things that are still in stock on the website which helps us move older inventory!

Cons

There really isn’t anything that I don’t like about this software!

CB

Carissta B.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Everyone needs comment sold in their life!

Overall I truly do love comment sold despite some of its down fall. I do think it’s expensive, but overlook its price tag for all it offers.

Pros

Comment sold has completely changed the way I do business. It’s got everything feature plus some that you would ever need to be completely organized and it’s all very simple to use. The app feature has boosted my business drastically. Being able to up load products quickly, check customers purchase history, tracking my sales, inventory break down and so much more is my favorite parts! You would not regret purchasing!

Cons

Customer service is a down fall in my opinion when on a mobile device. Many times I’ve tried to contact them and if my phone screen closes it puts me back at the end of the line and starts the conversation completely over. The old chat system was so much better than the update and that needs fixed. Some of us chat with support while at work and can’t keep our phones open at all times. So that’s frustrating for me. Also, I wish the website set up was a lot easier. I sync Shopify just because their shipping is a lot better than comment sold shipping. It’s a bonus that you can sync the two because where one lacks the other picks up so it really works out in the end.

Hi Carissta! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so happy to hear CommentSold was integral in changing the way you operate your business! We are always striving to make our customer service experience the best and most efficient for our retailers so that you receive the assistance you need in a timely manner. This feedback is incredibly helpful for us - I'll be sure to pass it along to the rest of our team. Looking forward to your continued success in the future!

JY

Jennifer Y.

Retail, self-employed

Does not help increase sales volume

The service is great just not set out to be what it says it has t brought me in any new customers like it claims.

Pros

The fact that it does allow customers to pay in 4 easy payments.

Cons

How it tells me how much I’ve earned since I started using the product.

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're happy to hear you found CommentSold's services great but we're sorry to hear it did not work out for your business. While you are in charge of creating your own followers, CommentSold does strive to help you engage customers with more comment selling, which can potentially lead to more traffic on your other selling channels such as your website. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback and wish you continued success in the future!

AF

April F.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, self-employed

The biggest improvement to my online presence!

The benefits this service has given me is more than I can list. I recommend it to anyone who asks and has a high enough monthly sales volume to afford. I may have started before my sales volume was as high as intended for a service that takes a %, but the time it saves me is very much worth those minimal fees.

Pros

Prior to CommentSold I would host online live shows, after each show would spend 3 to 5 hours billing my purchasing customers. This included reminding them with photos which items they had purchased. It was a HUGE time suck for me personally. I was drowning in my billing and unable to keep up with day to day tasks. I now have a GREAT customer base, the ability to appease their needs better and more efficiently, and have been able to dramatically increase my product selection. I wouldn't be this far in my business without CommentSold!

Cons

I hope that one day there are more tools for our online website editing. The release this year was amazing, I am sure the next will be better!

Hi April! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that CommentSold has helped you and your business - especially when it comes to invoicing after live sales and increasing your product selection! Looking forward to your continued success in the future!

TB

Traci B.

CommentSold...I'm a believer!

I love my experience with CommentSold! I frequently utilize the chat function to ask for assistance, our Account Strategist is so friendly and helpful, and we LOVE the APP! Our site is gorgeous too. I absolutely love this platform!

Pros

I absolutely love CommentSold and recommend it to any small business owner that utilizes live streaming for retail sales. The help functions that walk you through any possible setup question you have are very comprehensive and easy to follow, and the chat support is always there for anything you might need. The videos that auto upload to the website and APP are crucial to the success of our business, I love it!

Cons

The only thing that would make this perfect is to integrate Synclogic directly without the Shopify extension.

Hi Traci! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear about the ease of your setup experience and the great success you've had implementing CommentSold for your business! Looking forward to your continued success!

TT

Tammy T.

Retail, self-employed

Comment Sold made my life easier

All in all I really found Comment Sold easy to use and it made my life much easier.

Pros

I loved the ability to sell live, and no need to prepare an invoice. Also love integrations that sent out emails about sales or abandoned baskets. Inventory management gets A+++

Cons

I really dislike the shipping pricing feature. Also the shipping feature never worked well for me

Hi Tammy! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear our automatic invoicing, marketing automation, and inventory management features have been beneficial for you and your business! We're sorry to hear that - we are always looking to improve our product to better serve our retailers. I would definitely recommend hopping in to chat support to see if our Customer Success team can assist or if you have any suggestions regarding our shipping feature, you can submit a request here (https://commentsold.canny.io/feature-requests). Looking forward to your continued success!

KB

Kris B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very pleased with the about we have been able to scale!

I’ve had an overall great experience with the company!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It’s very user friendly.

Cons

The price, not having a POS system yet.

Hi Kris! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We're happy to hear your experience utilizing CommentSold for your business has been easy and helped you scale! Wishing you continued success in the future!

Spring H.

Easy.

It’s been an interical part of our business and it’s success. They’re have been growing pains and kinks for course but they solve them quickly. Love the continued updates.

Pros

It’s super easy. They continue to update. It’s changed our business for the better. Helps with inventory. It’s like having 5 people work for you without the cost.

Cons

Wish the app was available to everyone not just the upgraded people at a high cost. Wish you could upload videos.

Alyssa M.

Streamlined my boutique & A+ Customer Service

I have solved the pain of keeping track of my inventory and delays in shipping. It also makes it easy for me to track things in regards to revenue and gross profit which I would have to do in an excel spreadsheet. The customer care team is absolutely amazing. You quickly chat with them and they respond in seconds and if you are like me, I was assigned one point of contact who takes care of my account. I also like that they have extensive help guides and bug fixes with release trains and updates.

Pros

I love that it has streamlined my process, easy to track my inventory, post my products, keep track of waitlist, returned products, revenue, and shipping and labels. It has become a one stop shop that has allowed me to maximize sales of my boutique.

Cons

I wish that we had the ability to use it as an all around CRM (Customer Relationship Management), because I sell to customers outside of social media and would like to keep all of my sales, invoicing, and shipping in one thing.

Allyson S.

Life Changing

From the Owner to the Support Team, the app developer to the community they have built around the product you will never be disappointed. Change is hard and it is scary especially for small business owners when what they are doing is working, just not well and comment sold will hold your hand and walk you through every single step, update and improvement.

Pros

The ability for my business to easily implement such a simple change to our processes becasue of seemless software.

Cons

It has a learning curve for new shoppers but once you get them over that initial hump they prefer it.

LM

Lindsey M.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Best Investment for My Facebook Live Sales!

CommentSold saves me on average 8-10 hours of work in invoicing customers. After a live sale I used to have to sit down and after sorting a spreadsheet, I would manually invoice each and every customer. This also led to me having to spend a whole day "correcting" draft orders in Shopify for people who wanted to delete, add, or change an order. With CommentSold, the customer is in control of his/her...

Pros

This software has transformed how I do live sales for my customers. No longer am I answering the "I was first on my screen; why didn't I get it?" questions! CommentSold tracks the customers comments on the Facebook server, so I don't have to worry about it and my customers LOVE it! They don't have to worry about which screen, although they joke they need faster computers and faster internet! CommentSold's...

Cons

I have very few things I wish they did differently, as I am super impressed the team and the program. However, I wish the trash can for the deletion of items was on the same line as the item name. I have had a few customers hit the trash button on the wrong item. I also wish they had an app for my phone, so I can answer questions for customers if I am away from my computer. The mobile site is super fast and amazing for my phone, and generally I just always have it on a tab in my phone's browser, but I would love an app. (Which they say is coming soon!!)

LL

Laura L.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

The Best Software with Social Selling Interaction

My experience with commentsold has been very pleasant. By using the Commentsold software my sales have increased 67% year over year. My experience has been positive working with tech support, and my navigator. Commentsold is a software company that I can rely on 100%.

Pros

The largest benefit of Commentsold is that the company never sits still. Commentsold continues to move rapidly implement new features and improves structure that directly affects our bottom line. I like that this company is customer driven and offers solid solutions in a complex selling environment.

Cons

I can’t think of anything I like least about this software.

Hi Laura! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Congratulations! -that's amazing! We're so happy to hear that your sales have increased since implementing CommentSold for your business. Our goal is always to continue to grow and improve to better serve our retailers and we're so happy to hear that has been beneficial for you. Looking forward to your continued success in the future!

AP

Allene P.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

The Hidden Trunk

The

Pros

We love the ease of invoicing and managing inventory.

Cons

The only thing missing is a POS. I would love to be able to use only one platform.

Hi Allene! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so happy to hear that implementing CommentSold for your business has been easy and efficient. Yes, we understand how important a Point of Sale system is for our retailers. We currently have this feature request under review. You can stay informed about any updates here: https://commentsold.canny.io/feature-requests/p/point-of-sale. Wishing you continued success in the future!

CH

Carrie H.

Game changer

Overall, I felt that comment sold is a very valuable tool in our business. It has completely revolutionized the way that we do are selling. And in my industry, I’m one of only two people that have an app. So it’s very intriguing to potential vendors to work with us.

Pros

I love the freedom from manual invoicing. I also love that now people can use comment sold payments. The customer service is always really good.

Cons

I wish we could go live in our VIP groups on the app. Sometimes the customer service agent doesn’t come up with a solution. It would be nice if there was a second to your person that they could transfer you to.

Hi Carrie! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad that CommentSold has completely replaced your manual invoicing! The ability to go live in your VIP groups on the app is a great feature request. We are always looking to improve our product and we crowdsource feature requests here: https://commentsold.canny.io/feature-requests. Our developers and CEO check this weekly, so we'd love to have your suggestion submitted as a request. Wishing you continued success in the future!

AG

Ashley G.

Game Changer!

The software is amazing!! I cannot say enough good things about your customer service reps. I feel like I've got a "friend" out there who handles things ASAP once I send a request. The response time is super fast and the CS reps' knowledge is unmatched. Excellent company and very well run.

Pros

I began a tiny online shop and was utilizing spreadsheets for inventory, taking orders and managing orders. I then had to use Paypal to invoice, send constant reminders and beg people to pay their invoices. CommentSold changed ALL of that!! I was spending an average of 4 hours every day/night on invoicing and followups. CS took that chore away completely! I love the fact I can track accurate inventory and update as needed so I don't oversell any item. I couldn't manage my business, which has grown tremendously, without it! And my accountant loves that he can log in and pull reports for tax purposes. An all-arond win/win for everyone!

Cons

Currently, the only issue I have is that every time I log in and pull up Products, its in reverse order. oldest product posted. I have to manually change it to sort by SKU and then re-sort to newest first.

CM

Chelsey M.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Couldn’t run our business without it

Commentsold automates so much of our business, so that we can spend time marketing and taking care of our customers. It also allows us to not have to manage/respond to every single comment. We have a website included in our monthly package that is seamlessly integrated to our customer shopping account and backend. We have coupon features, shipping features, app features, constant bug fixes and updates. Their customer service is AMAZING! We have a live chat available with crazy fast responses. We have access to customer service reps by simply scheduling a call. They are LITERALLY worth so much more than we pay monthly. We could NOT run our retail business without them. Simple as that.

Pros

The seamless function between customers commenting sold on Facebook, being led to their account page, checking out, and the order appearing on our end. Fully detailed, paid for, and ready to be shipped.

Cons

Zero complaints - they are on top of bugs and updates before we even realize we need something changed. They also keep us updated on Facebook changes before the population knows anything has changed. Amazing.

KD

Kyle D.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Comment Sold is the BOMB.COM

Overall we love CS. It gets better every day and I can't wait to see what the next year holds and what kind of features that CS develops. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Commentsold has allowed us to automate daily task, and continues to evolve. I think that is the neatest part of being apart of the CS family is that the platform is changing all of the time. The CS we have today is completely different than a year ago when we signed on.

Cons

Because the platform is ever evolving sometimes small details can get missed or features get released that are glitchy. I understand the nature of it is to release the features and then continue to adapt them and change them so learning to understand that sometimes things break has been my least favorite part but a very small part. As a whole I would still rate CS as A+!

LM

Leslie M.

We tried CommentSOLD

Our overall experience with CS was good. We decided it wasn't for us but know of several other boutique owners that absolutely love it. The customer service was exceptional and any time we had an issue someone was more than ready to jump in and help. Just because it wasn't for us, doesn't mean it isn't a great program. I am confident the developers will continue to improve their product.

Pros

CS is easy to use and has spectacular customer service. The automated invoicing and cost of goods tracking is two of the best features this program has. Automated invoicing is such a huge time saver and it's very seamless. The automatic messages and the requirement of comment from customers did help boost engagement in our group.

Cons

We experienced a number of minor glitches. First, the software would confuse size and identifying number in customer comments causing us to have to manually correct carts. It also pulls inventory completely out of the system which holds it from other customers should you have a customer not want to pay their invoice right away. Additionally, this software does not integrate with Sezzle but I was...

LB

Lorie Beth T.

Changed My Business & My Life

I use to stay up until 1 and 2am in the morning invoicing manually. When I started commentsold this cut my work time down dramatically so I could have more family time and use my time better in my business. It also took my business to a much higher level than I could have ever obtained by manually invoicing. I would not be where I am now without commentsold. I'm extremely thankful for the platform and love it so much. Life & Business changing!

Pros

It is completely user friendly. Easy to use and simple to navigate. Customer service is available and super helpful. Makes selling faster & easier so you can use your time in other areas of your business. They are innovating and coming up with new features to add to help their customers sell more. Always improving.

Cons

No reward program but it is currently being worked on.

GM

Gabriella M.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Great peoduct

I really like that this product does it all. Tracks inventory, invoices, assists with taxes

Pros

Easy to use. This product does everything for me.

Cons

Cost can be high when adding commission and monthly fee.

Hi Gabriella! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so glad that CommentSold is the all-in-one platform for your business! Looking forward to your continued success!

DG

Deidra G.

Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees

Great for Inventory!!

I've been using CommentSold for almost 2 years now and I feel like it's getting better and better!!

Pros

Love how you can post all your pictures in one place, break them down into albums, and price however you'd like!! The pictures are vibrant and everything is laid out wonderfully!!

Cons

The one thing I don't particularly like is that you can't always zoom in on a picture like you'd like too, especially if there is a certain print or color you'd like.

Thank for the awesome review, Deidra! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the inventory management function, and we will take your feedback on zooming in on the photos into consideration as we make improvements. Looking forward to your continued success in the future!

CA

Cathy A.

Ceo

I really like commentsold it has change our lives and business. 1 thing lately, our views and video visibility is kind of questionable.

Pros

I really Like Commentsold, It has took a tremendous load off. Before commentsold we were doing everything by hand old school style.

Cons

I really its was more one on one coaching system to now all the different function and how to use all the tools that commentsold offers. Sometimes its over whelming when you look at all the function and trying to see if you are missing out on something.

Hi Cathy! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're so happy to hear utilizing CommentSold for your business has saved you time and work. That's very understandable! We have a great library of tutorials (https://help.commentsold.com/hc/en-us/categories/360006521791) to assist and if you're ever stuck or have questions about any of our features, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team for support. I would also recommend following along with our Weekly Release Train (https://help.commentsold.com/hc/en-us/sections/4407984581908-Release-Train) to catch any product updates or feature news. Looking forward to your continued success!

EH

Erin H.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

I love that they are constantly working to improve the software and make it better. They take all customer suggestions and review and implement them if possible. They care about how the users feel about the software and the customer service is quick and direct.

Pros

This makes it extremely easy to process a lot of orders quickly. We used PayPal before this and it was very time consuming and difficult to manage. This way allows items to flow easily to next in line if not paid in a certain amount of time and we never have to touch the transaction until it’s completed.

Cons

Paying 6% per transaction is high. I do wish the fee removed from each sale was less.

DG

Denise G.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, self-employed

Used for Inventory & Overlay Feature

Can’t use it to its full ability too difficult and need more basic training videos without jargon. Difficult to easily download new inventory need to enter one and a time

Pros

Inventory Control and overlay during facebook lives

Cons

Creating the website is difficult - don’t know if I can use overlay in Instagram or other social media

Hi Denise! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear you've been utilizing our live sales overlay for your Facebook live sales. We are always working on expanding our video tutorial library to include more videos. A great resource for training articles and videos is in our Help Center (https://help.commentsold.com/). Also, please feel free to reach out to Customer Success directly any time if you run into any questions and they'd be happy to assist. Wishing you continued success in the future!

KH

Karissa H.

The best website for retail

So far my experience has been really good. I love how easy it makes it for others to shop with us. Some of the people that work for the company are not so knowledgeable.

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate this website and software with selling onto Facebook. Also they make it easy to set up an app for others to use and shop through.

Cons

There are a few features I wish could be included when setting up the website like adding a picture to the about us page. But it is things I can easily work around.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Karissa! We are so happy to hear that you've found integrating CommentSold with your social media accounts easy and effective (and that it's made shopping for your customers easier, too!). We actually just released our new Webstore that allows you to have a picture on your "About Us" page! We are always striving to assure that we provide you with the best assistance and resources - please feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team if you have any questions and they'd be happy to help. Looking forward to your continued success in the future!