Stripe Reviews

User ratings

4.7

2.5K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.83/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

They have great features and the Capital option is totally awesome. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

MS

Marc S.

Stripe is a great tool and platform, very easy to use easy to setup and secure that clients can trust with their accounts.

FB

Freo B.

I think Stripe is great payment gateway for any eCommerce business. They have great rates and I find them better than other payment processors.

RP

Ricardo P.

They refunded customers 3 months after the purchase without me knowing and they already have their items. My customers are also upset with this disgusting company.

RA

Randy A.

Fees for same country payments are too high and once funds have been taken they are then held for 14 days. Appalling customer service who basically said too bad.

They verified it was a scammer, refunded the stolen credit card, did not charge me fees and contacted the US internet fraud division with the information.

JR

Square Payments

PayPal Commerce Platform-logocaret
+ 2

PayPal Commerce Platform

How would you rate Stripe?

2,544 reviews

PL

Patrick L.

Co Owner

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great app for online payments!

Transcript

Patrick L. : Hi. I'm Patrick. I'm a co-owner of a copy wholesale company, and I give Stripe a four out...

So glad I was "forced" to use Stripe!

Transcript

James R.: My name is James. I am an owner. I give Stripe a five out of five and for more reviews like...

Stripe Payments is my Go-To payment processor for my online business.

My love for Stripe has grown over the years. I probably had a Stripe account for 6 to 10 months before I even used it. I looked at it and not having a degree from MIT I was pretty lost and didn't bother trying to figure it out. I had a payment process already and it was working. After I began reading more and more bad news about this other payment processor I was using, I decided it was time to carve...

Pros

It is easy to integrate with my website's payment tools. Branding my invoices with my website logo is also super easy. I have used the word 'easy' a couple of times already and that is the main thing I like about Stripe - the Stripe features I use are easy. While trying to figure out some of the features I now use on a regular basis, I had to use the Stripe Support staff quite a bit and in doing so, I quickly realized that they are a top benefit of using Stripe.

Cons

In the Pro category, I said that my main Pro feature was that Stripe is easy but only with the features I use. I might use more of the many features Stripe offers if they were easy to use or at least figure out without the back & forth with Stripe Support. Stripe does have a YouTube channel but the one that is most helpful is StripeDevelopers - NOT just Stripe.

Stripe is the 'go-to' payment processor, and you need not look elsewhere.

If you have an online storefront, you'll need to take payments somehow. For us, it was as simple as filling out a quick form, providing some business information, copy and pasting a few numbers from Stripe to our WP storefront, and then we were off to the races. Years later, here we are still using Stripe's great service. Also, Stripe enables you to accept Google Pay and Apple Pay!

Pros

Stripe is safe, secure, fast, and affordable. Stripe integrates with...well...everything! I can't imagine using another payment processor at this point in time.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons besides the fact that I would like to see Stripe facilitate crypto payments in the future.

Will it be Stripe or will we strip it!

An excellent experience that has made doing business a lot more easier and is a crucial part of our company. Stripe it is!

Pros

Stripe is a financial service provider and software company that provides APIs and payment software to businesses. These firms operate their business online via mobile apps and websites and include names such as Amazon, Zoom, Shopify and Uber, to name a few companies amongst thousands that utilise Stripes services. I, particularly am a fan of the Stripe Dashboard mobile app, which allows me to...

Cons

Not too useful for traditional retail businessess and stores. Customer service was not the best sometimes.

Extremely flexible, but requires some technical knowledge to deploy.

Very good experience overall.

Pros

Stripe has a ridiculous number of options. It is very flexible, and can be used for pretty much anything when it comes to setting up online payments. You can connect to Stripe via API to upgrade your experience and access payment information using other software. I consider it to be the gold standard in terms of features and integrations. The best in the business.

Cons

Although it's extremely flexible, Stripe can be a bit difficult and complex to use if you are not a software developer. It's not that hard to set up an account and provide for basic payment options, but if you want to truly take advantage of the software, and use it for creating payment portals, etc., you will likely require assistance.

Best payment processor out there

We use Stripe for online payments, for our online learning courses, memberships and also event registrations. It works flawlessly in all of these scenarios.

Pros

Stripe is dead easy to use. It is intuitive, full of features, and just makes sense. We had used Paypal and Authorize.net previously and Authorize was way too expensive and Paypal just wasn't professional.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing i don't like about it. I am very satisfied with every feature.

Workhorse in the background

Overall my experience has been a good one but If you start to make any real money they will stop your account and ask more questions, as for chargebacks I think they should be a little more nicer to vendors and at least look at the protest. But the good part is most of the time I JUST SEE THE PAYMENTS in my bank like clockwork! no problems just works in the background with no glitches or downtime.

Pros

I like that its super easy to deploy. I use it with a few pieces of software and to get it to work its just click and accept terms and it works!

Cons

I think the price for processing can be a bit high and I have had some people get money for a refund and kept the product, I protested and stripe NEVER took my side..

Stripe is fast easy and affordable

honestly they have the know like and trust factor so it makes it easier for customers to choose for checkout.

Pros

I love how easy it is the set, get a card reader, integration into my other products and services.

Cons

some of the fees are higher than some of the the competitors

Moving with secure payment

Good software, very few issues, and easy to process payments. The encryption is good, payment is quick, and having the ability to be mobile, makes this a good fit for any company that does sales away from the office.

Pros

Liked the ease of use, nice interface for payment processing, and data encryption. Having g the free reader to use with a mobile device, was a great function.

Cons

This is a very good put together software. The only con is the amount stripe takes from each transaction.

Why We Use Stripe to Process Payments

Our experience using Stripe has been positive and we are happy overall with the payment processor.

Pros

We integrate stripe as our payment processing to accept payments from guests from our 3rd party vacation rental software platform and it's always been easy to use and setup. It was important for us to be able to accept guests credit cards and Stripe gives us that functionality we were looking for.

Cons

The only thing that we don't like is it can be expensive to use stripe so this is an added expense to our business.

So far the best option for collecting international payments

Pros

We have tried many apps like strip for collecting domestic and international payments, but by far stripe has been easiest for clients to pay. Stripe also has domestic reach and has many payment options.

Cons

Invoice numbers are auto generated, which is an issue, also invoice creation could have been easier. Days it takes to receive the payment is also too much.

Another successful payments gateway to trust

So far so good with us.I have no real issues with them mostly good issues like i have never has disputes as a user and as administrator .

Pros

To be honest no one needs Labour intensive settings up process so with strip it has easy way to set up in has lot of ready made scripts fo different use. In an essence its easy to set up and for users its easy to pay using it.

Cons

Their business strategy told them that some countries and currencies are second to others so the development in those countries is less and and increase cost to deal witg them. For example in South Africa it does not partnered bank that makes little extra work to get money if you are a merchant.

Best payment processing gateway yet

Nothing short of amazing. I've used Stripe since at least 5 years ago and to see how far they've come today, it's only going to get better.

Pros

Stripe has always been known to be ahead of the payment processing game and the new features that are rolled out every now and then just continue to solidify their position. I like their API access and documentation most, compared to other payment processing gateways.

Cons

The dashboard can be a little cluttered and overwhelming for non-tech savvy users. I particularly face this problem with business owners and accountants when getting them to use Stripe as an online payment processing gateway. But when they get used to the UI, they never look back.

Stripe

My overall experience with Stripe has been pleasant, profitable, and smooth. Payments are processed smoothly despite customer locations and my payments are mostly on time except for public holidays. I really can't complain about stripe.

Pros

Stripe integrates with a lot of software builders and customer management platforms out there. No matter your app builder you are a lot more likely to find stripe integration than other payment processors out there. It's also very easy to manage and keeps tabs on everything happening on your account even on your phone with the mobile app.

Cons

When you deploy Stripe Radar, for which you extra pay BTW, sometimes authentic payments are flagged as potentially fraudulent and are not completed. When this happens it's very frustrating to the customer and to us as well. Improving radar is be more efficient would be very helpful.

Can't get better!

Overall, the sheer ease of use, set up, convenience and payment processing is the absolute best and the current industry-standard for a lot of start-ups and small businesses. Their fees are competitive, payment processing is quick and efficient and security is industry-standard for an extra peace of mind for you and your clients. It's all straightforward to use and the host of analytics, metrics and reporting features make it easy for you to keep tabs on your payments. I literally can't think of a better system.

Pros

Convenience is king when it comes to Stripe. Invoicing and billing is an absolute breeze and takes a matter of minutes to set up. Once you have your account ready to go, creating an invoice is simple and straightforward. All you need is the recipient's name, email and business address and you're good to go. You may want to include invoice information, though the length of that depends on your own needs...

Cons

One potential improvement, especially in the scope of remote-based teams, could be to allow contributors into the account with restricted access. For instance, when I need an invoice in my particular role, I'd have to have this approved via the manager, though this could be done a lot quicker if there was some sort of 'guest' or restricted staff access that would allow me to only create invoices in order to save time in creating and having them approved. Of course this would vary from business to business and you'd need a certain level of seniority, however I think this feature could be a huge opportunity to increase convenience even further.

Take payments and security to another level

Since I have been using stripe, my company has projected an image of more prestige, security and professionalism. I love the comprehensive metrics and projections features it has. Transaction data is clearly presented at all times, which is a peace of mind for the client as well as for me as the owner of the company. Now I spend less time understanding a payment process in case the customer has a...

Pros

security is extraordinary lots of useful information in case of payment disputes shelf life projections by customers, that's great options like radar are the best professional image for my company excellent integrations, another strong point of stripe top notch customer service and support integrating stripe the customer never leaves our platform or application to make the payment, so it is perceived as something more secure, it is not confusing for the customer, and this increases the conversion rate.

Cons

it can take a while to get used to so much data they are a bit demanding when it comes to allowing integration to a site, which can be a bit annoying at first, but this is not really a con, rather it sets a standard of quality and professionalism, making one like business owner also becomes professional. Some fees can be a bit high compared to other platforms, but weighing the fact of stripe's impressive security, integration, data that's pure gold, it's immediately clear that it's worth integrating stripe into all of our Projects. It does not allow you to open accounts from some countries, although you can pay from any country as a customer.

The best generic payment processor out there

We use Stripe for the majority of our payment processing on online stores. It is reliable and fast, payouts are really fast too. The customer service has always been great, and so is the documentation. The service has always been on track with any annoying new EU regulations, so I can truly recommend this company.

Pros

I use Stripe in dozen different online stores. It just works. Reliable, fast, great service all around. Affordable fees too. I am extremely happy I left Paypal behind.

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about so far. This tells how great the service is. Usually, there is always something wrong.

Simply seamless

Stripe is a vital tool for our Donor Department, as more and more of our donors choose to give with a credit card or debit card vs. gifts via check. The interface is easy to use, and I love the "Reports Overview " on the home page. I wish our donor CRM tool offered such convenient "at a glance" reports!

Pros

I love the functionality. When our CRM software lets u know that a credit card gift was unable to process, I can go into Stripe and see how many times the system has retried the gift, as well as the decline code the donor's bank provided. Then when I call the donor I have a lot of info at my disposal. As far as the gifts that WERE processed correctly, it's very easy to export them into a simple spreadsheet, which I then submit to our Executive Director.

Cons

My regret is that I haven't looked more into the functionality of the software. There are likely things that Stripe offers that we are not utilizing. A suggestion for the developers at Stripe may be to send their users helpful "Are you aware of this feature?" type emails / letters

Our preferred payment processing company

From the day we started using Stripe, they have been an absolute joy to work with. Through the available (externally developed) payment plugins, accepting debit and credit card payments securely through our site has been a breeze. The account was up and running in no time with minimal manual steps. Never have we had any restrictions placed on our account because Stripe saw an officially licensed product...

Pros

Stripe is supported around the world and is customized for many regions, offerring localized payment options and on top of all that is affordable, professional, safe and secure. What more could you want from a payment processing company? Stripe's backend is simple enough for a beginning customer, but offers advanced functionality for those that require it.

Cons

No in-house developers that manage the systems integrations options such as Woocommerce integration. As a result, you are dependent on external third party developers to integrate new functionality or manage customer integration issues. Although Stripe does have a plugin listed, the plugin is incompatible with many installations and does not offer the latest features that are available through their API. Additionally, if you're not on their legacy plan, refunds are very expensive (you will not get your payment fees back). Stripe should offer a lower-cost refund option such as a flat $0.50 fee per refund to help small struggling businesses.

Top choice for small business

I am overall satisfied with stripe for processing payment of my invoices but I know they could help me integrate it better into my website if they wanted more business .

Pros

Fast and easy online setup no credit checks or bank involvement like in the past when it had to be done through your bank works fast and does cost the earth .

Cons

Cant use on my website without specialist knowledge if they could make it easier to install payment gateways for novices I would not have to use PayPal for this .

A no-nonsense payment gateway for businesses of all sizes

Pros

The prime aspect that I love the most about stripe is its very easy deployment with its direct API integrations. As a start-up that processes information through different channels, having stripe has made it hassle-free and seamless to analyse, manage, & track all our inbound payments using just our smartphones. We have and are continuing to save unnecessary banking costs with stripe. The no-code payment feature is a seller to companies like us who are looking to get one-time instant payments.

Cons

As the crypto market is gaining traction, especially with these alternative currencies going mainstream, it'd be great to have stripe regulate crypto in-bound payments as well. This is very critical for companies like us who consider crypto to be balance sheet assets.

Stripe is a GO-TO payment processor for SMBs

Stripe has enabled first class payment processing for our organization and the organizations we’ve implemented it for.

Pros

Stripe is everything that people love about PayPal with everything a payment processing system needs to feel professional and high end to the end user. If you are using Squarespace or Woocommerce, Stripe is so easy to implement that you don’t even need development knowledge to implement it. Payment processing rates are fair and instant payout options are huge for businesses that are just starting out.

Cons

There’s really no con to Stripe. It’s definitely something that requires some development knowledge to implement it. but because of how easy it is for developers… Stripe has so much third-party support so you’re likely able to find a free implementation method for your platform.

Best transaction processing I've used

Really really good experience overall. I've used many different payment processors, and Stripe has remained my favorite, by far, for the past few years. I'll be sticking with them for as long as I possibly can.

Pros

Stripe makes it so incredibly simple to process all my client transactions, and provides detailed reporting on all the money coming in and out of my business. Stripe's interface for viewing individual transactions, where they came from, their current status, the processing fees associated with them, and any other details I could possibly want to know is just magnificent. It's incredibly easy for me to find out anything I need at any given time for any transaction, which makes it easy for me to communicate with clients when it comes to status of their payments. Plus, I always know exactly when money is going to be transferred to my business bank account, which makes planning for expenses that much easier.

Cons

Honestly, my experience using Stripe has been pretty much 100% positive. For my uses, there aren't many cons, if any. I guess processing fees kinda stink, but that's going to be a reality for any payment processor, and Stripe's fees are comparable to market standard with any other processor out there.

Hands down the most flexible and easy to use website payment system

Internet payments used to be a HUGE headache, constantly worrying about setup, security, security and more security, but Stripe has really changed the game. It's made it possible for us to provide online payments for customers who would never have been able to afford the programming to do such a thing, or be able to afford the security measures necessary to properly take payments on their own. This is especially true because apart from the fees taken from each transaction, there is no recurring fee, which is a real asset to smaller businesses who don't do as much volume. On top of all that, the fact that the system is nearly seamless -- and MORE secure -- for the end user inputting their credit card information, is a huge win.

Pros

By far the best thing about Stripe is the way that it so easily integrates with nearly any shopping cart system or website payment plugin/application we've ever come across. Any need we've had to take web payments Stripe has been able to seamlessly connect to our system, including setting up some custom systems that in the past would have been way too complicated for us to do on our own.

Cons

The biggest complaint we have -- and since we use it a lot for customers, the biggest gripe they have as well, is the way deposits are done. Instead of depositing the whole amount of the transaction, then debiting the fees, Stripe takes the fees out before the deposit -- so on a $10 transaction, you only see $9.50 (or whatever the amount comes out to be) deposited in your bank account and have to manually do the accounting to match that payment and the fees, etc. Admittedly, it's a small complaint, but I think it's the only thing that keeps us from using this 100% of the time.

Daily business necessity that makes my business run smoother

Not only is their system intuitive, but the customer service agents ACTUALLY like to help you! No fake smiles over the phone or loud exhaling and strained voices. You know which ones I mean ---- the kind you get from employees that don't like their job and it feels like it is a burden to help you. Yeah ---- NEVER have I experienced this with Stripe. They have a beautiful online system, they have...

Pros

I love how easy the onboarding process was. The dashboard is so intuitive, modern and sleek. When you forget to do something, the notifications remind you of any missing steps you need to complete. I have been using Stripe for over 5 years and when I needed to update my legal documents due to a marriage, the customer service agents were amazing to work with. It went a lot faster than working with the bank! It was very convenient to receive document upload links via text and email. I was blown away that the customer service agent that I was speaking to over the phone was instantly seeing all the documentation I was uploading ---- so he was able to expedite the auditing & approval right away!

Cons

It would be amazing if they would update their mobile app so I can do more on the go. Now with longer wait times at doctors offices --- or traffic jams or on the road ---- it would be great if I could do more from my phone instead of having to log into a laptop. I want to be able to create a client via the Stripe mobile app. I would like to check on my Capital loan. I would like to cancel an invoice via the app or basically manage the basics from my cell phone. Currently the main purpose of the phone is to view transactions, and that's it.

Stripe Makes Selling Your Products So Easy!

It was honestly so easy for me to get approved, and I was going through financial issues at the time when I applied and they never held that against me. They gave me a chance and because of Stripe I've been able have my own website, selling my own products and courses, without ever having to send my leads off my website to pay for their purchases through another online processor, like PayPal for example. You lose leads every time you add an additional step for your prospects to take, so using Stripe has therefore increased my conversions. And it's trustworthy, so my buyers feel safe. That's very important to me! Thank-you Stripe!

Pros

How easy it was to apply and get my account set up and running. I love being able to have my own payment processor on my website and not have to always send my buyers to PayPal to make their payments. Every time you have to send someone off your page you lower your chances of the buyer taking action.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about Stripe, maybe to have a lower cost but really they are helping me make money so who am I to complain when they were so easy for me to get set up!