Stripe Reviews

Stripe

Online payment processing for internet businesses

Stripe

Review Summary

Pros

Overall, the benefits to my and my business have been positive. Just the fact I don't have to think about how I'm going to be getting my money, makes me happy.

Ease of use, lack of paperwork and great team of passionate people working for Stripe is what makes this software outstanding for me. The moment I've signed up to Stripe I felt in love.

Thomas H.

The layout, although a bit archaic, is useful and easy to navigate. It integrates seamlessly with Salesforce and our other platforms like Shopify and Shipstation.

Cons

This is where I feel Stripe is lagging the most. Everyone needs these UI components, and the ones they provide are fairly weak or limited.

Timothy T.

As mentioned in my pros, Stripe frequently blocks transactions. While the pro may be that it is blocking fraudulent transactions, I also wonder how many legitimate transactions it is blocking.

Stephanie R.

As well as offering all the functions we'd need from a payment gateway, we can fully rely on their support in terms of adhering to legislation and in handling any fraud disputes.

Ewan F.

1,265

1,704 reviews

Integrates seamlessly with everything

Very positive. Great alternative for start up businesses, or online businesses that can save a lot of time.

Pros

So you can use Stripe with invoicing and subscription software or you can build out your own system if you are a geek that is PCI compliant fairly easily. Almost everything has an integration option and if you get stuck with a problem for whatever reason you can log into the dashboard and usually figure it out from there, if you can't they have great support documentation and even a chat option. Compared to similar competitors you even save a little bit. I especially like their ACH fees, some of the lowest I've seen. An added bonus is that I don't have to pay for monthly statement fees or pay the annual PCI compliance fee and surveys because they add that into the flat rate.

Cons

Only thing I'd like to see is an option to download statements in a PDF format like previous merchant processing providers, but rarely do I need it.

Easy to setup, clean interface, wide support, great customer support

Stripe has transformed a hard problem into a no-brainer. If making the connection between the online and the banking/paying was an herculean task in the past, it is nowadays a straightforward registration in their website, and most of the times an integration with your store/website.

Pros

The fact that is has an enormous amount of support from most software with integrations existing for anything that can support plugins (think wordpress), most programing libraries, ORMs, application development frameworks, etc. It is the de facto for online payments and that makes it really accessible from most common scenarios. Their APIs and models are very clear and understandable, making it easy to integrate within most tools, and the fact that they also have plug-and-play solutions makes it even easier.

Cons

Not all payment options have plug-and-play solutions. It is, for example, possible to send your users to a stripe webpage with a nice layout to complete the payment, but this page is not entirely customizable. Not in style and not in payment options. For instance, you can't give the user the option to select a payment type, which is a very common use case in most websites and would be great if stripe would allow it.

Customers Are Food, Not Friends

Awful. If I could count on one hand the number of times I have screamed at my monitor seeing a response from my account manager, support; practically anyone at this organization. We were told we would pay 1x PCR fee per transaction by pricing analysts; and when it turned out that the architecture they recommended produces over 2 PCR requests per transactions? That even failed transactions are billable?...

Pros

Excellent platform. My developers are very happy, my clients are happy.

Cons

Nothing. The software itself is excellent.

A developer first payment gateway that will leave your sales team smiling

We have multiple payment solutions, some still in use and some now deprecated. Stripe allowed us to very quickly replace multiple other gateways and dramatically increase the code quality, staff experience and end-user workflow through its many benefits. Adding Apple Pay, Google Pay and other payment types was a cinch and the SDKs and implementations of all these are industry standard and strong,...

Pros

I have to first commend the supoprt team from Stripe. Whether this is a technical issue, such as the developer support or technical issue, or the support for sales or management staff, Stripe put a huge emphasis on making their support second to none. Developers can choose between tickets and email, but there is also an IRC channel to talk real time to actual Stripe developers. They're knowledgeable...

Cons

Having to setup multiple accounts, albeit sub accounts that appear in the same dashboard, to utilise multiple currencies.

Revolutionary Payment System

A great piece of software that furfills all the basic card processing needs to any business. Truly amazing piece of software.

Pros

Stripe is simply put it 'the best' when it comes to credit card processing. Its easy, efficient, and simple to deploy. I have advised countless startups, all who use Stripe, and the benefits that the platform gives to them, and their business is phenomenal. I highly recommend that all startups and entrepreneurs consider Stripe's payments system.

Cons

Stripe is unfortunately not available in a large number of countries. This is a big issue for most founders and the single biggest problem that Stripe currently has.

I finally moved away from Paypal and I'm happy

I love working with Stripe and I haven't had any negative experience with them by far.

Pros

For years there was no alternative in my country to accept payments from clients based in other countries. Our only option was Paypal. Now that Stripe came to Bulgaria, this is the only platform that I use. What I love the most about Stripe is that they allow integration with Transfewise, which saves me expensive conversion rates of my bank and of Paypal. I integrated it with my woocommerce website and it works like a charm. I had to call support several times with different questions and they were always amazing - friendly, understanding and willing to help!

Cons

I would love if Stripe decreased their fees just a little bit. Right now they charge the same as Paypal and I think that they can go 0.1% lower to make more professionals work with them.

Payments Made Easy

Stripe is a developer-focused payment application with a strong feature set. Its shortcomings, especially around forcing small extra charges for features that require few resources, are easily overcome by the excellent documentation.

Pros

Stripe is a developer-focused payment application that's easy to integrate with custom applications and sites. The admin panel is well built and super informative (especially for fraud insight).

Cons

The reporting insight SQL interface requires additional fees/payments, which seems crazy (especially for smaller accounts). The obligations around tax rates, especially in the ever-evolving regulatory US state tax environments, are opaque.

Stripe - One of the best and most affordable Payment Gateways

Stripe is one of the top 2 payment gateways that we recommend our eCommerce clients. The feedback from them is always positive and they often thank us for recommending it to them.

Pros

There are so many options when it comes to payment gateways for eCommerce websites and point of sale. The best thing about Stripe is that it is easy-to-use and setup and more importantly, you can have one account for your online eCommerce payments and in-person POS + all of the necessary equipment to go with it.

Cons

There aren't too many negatives. The only issue that we come across is that Stripe does not allow accounts for specific industries (e.g. CBD sales). Hopefully, they will lighten their restrictions over time.

Best Online Payment Gateway Platform

If you are using WordPress platform like me then easily manage your payment gateway with Stripe. The best way to get the payment from user. Easy setup, easy API integration and easily less maintenance with all the tracking record.

Pros

Very easy to use payment gateway platform and easy setup platform for any kind of Business. Easy API setup with secure payment with the user. User can easily use this Payment Gateway for their business.

Cons

Still now not anything. Very easy for me to set up in to my Wordpress website. Need to add more Tracking record for the customer.

An incredible API

We use it on a test project to handle a new payment mechanism for retails.

Pros

As a CTO stripe provide one of the greatest API I have seen to handle payment process. The ease of integration is really what makes stripe so unique.

Cons

The product is a little bit pricy, but again regarding the overall quality of it, I'm willing to pay the price.

Credit Card on-Site

We integrated Stripe on-site which provided us full access to modify recurring. We can apply discount on recurring runtime on the basis of requirements. Also Stripe increased our conversion rate.

Pros

If you are looking for good conversion rate on Credit Card transactions then Stipe is a good choice. After integrating Stripe our conversion rate increased. Stripe is offering built in fraud monitoring tool RADAR which is outstanding and help us fight fraud.

Cons

Stripe should consider Risk insights Dashboard to analyze fraud instead of looking into each payment a dashboard will give better overall view of the payments.

Excelent E-Commerce Payment Processor - Outstanding Security!

Very happy with the Stripe platform and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Stripe has an excellent product, that integrates with our WooCommerce store seamlessly. The features are robust, which includes outstanding security to detect and block fraudulent transaction attempts. Since switching to Stripe and adjusting our security settings, we have not had 1 chargeback or fraudulent charge!

Cons

2.9% + 30¢ per successful card charge ads up. The pricing is well aligned with the industry, but it could always be cheaper, as volume heavy transactions add up quickly!

The Money Manager

My Experience with stripe is always good apart from that sily incidence as a business.I like it so much that i am using it even for personal use and I always recommend people about the user friendliness of Stripe , whether it is for Business use or Individual use . It is very user friendly, Transactions processed with the blink of any eye .It can be used in any platform starting from very large Organization to very small organization .Even stripe provide multiple benefits on bulk transactions . This is all I can tell you about stripe today.Start Stripe Journey and One would fall in Love with this site for any transactions.

Pros

Whenever people talk about Global Payments Processing or receiving INDUSTRY , i think Paypal THE GIANT took away all the credits because people recognize them the Most however we cannot the hard work of other organizations contribution who has been exceptional in the same Payment Processing industry and one Name I would say is ''STRIPE " Why I really like them is because they are always hungry...

Cons

I did not had any hard time with Stripe though , but things I remember which I personally experience twice is past and I least like that about stripe .It was the Stripe customer service /technical desk who generally assist business users to resolve User IDs / Individual Terminal Access Glitches while facing problem . I wonder if such happens once than I can take it as individual exception but unfortunately it happened twice i.e, for a simple resolution it took 48hrs to resolve a simple problem and most importantly the Customer Service /Technical Desk was not even liable to do the initial or basic checks simply because the Stripe Policies does not allow and I I did not like it at all.

Payment processing to suit your needs

Originally, we were looking to implement metered subscriptions for our SaaS offering, and we needed something that would integrate with a solution for WordPress. Stripe had exactly what we needed, and has continued to be our preferred payments solution for any new services we offer.

Pros

The flexibility of Stripe is enormous. Every little detail can be customized (or not), as your business needs dictate. The documentation and testing environments are extremely developer-friendly, the docs even include real examples from your activity in the testing environment. With all that, it's not difficult to get up and going with all the various implementations available. For the simplest use, signup, grab your keys, and plugin them into your e-commerce software.

Cons

This was so much easier than working with PayPal, I really can't think of anything negative. But perhaps something I like "least"? That would probably be the settings section for tweaking things like payment receipts, logos, colors, etc. Seems I have to go hunting a bit to find just what I'm looking for, though it doesn't take long, and once you have it setup, it's not like you'll have to change the settings often.

Excellent option to streamline your payment processing

Stripe has allowed me to accept payments in a fluid, efficient way that makes payment processing one less thing to worry about. I have accepted payments without any issue and received transfers of my earnings in a rapid and regular fashion. They've thought through every aspect of the service, and I especially like that I can easily track my payments received and total amounts right at the dashboard. Connecting it to my Squarespace website shop was a match made in heaven!

Pros

With Stripe, you can accept payments by linking it to your online shop or on the go with a physical payment processor. I used Stripe for both and found it to be secure, simple to use and efficient. The fee per payment was very reasonable, and you can also use Stripe to keep track of how much you're paid. You can have the payments deposited automatically into a checking account of your choice, so it's a one-stop shop for a payment processor that pleases both myself and my clients. It's an excellent choice for small (or large) businesses that want to accept credit cards as a form of payment. One quality I particularly appreciate is the ability to accept payments in a variety of international currencies.

Cons

While the fee is reasonable, as a small percentage of the total amount accepted per transaction, it does add up on larger payments from clients. Another thing that's a small obstacle to using Stripe is they do ask questions about what kind of payments you accept and what your business is, so you can only use Stripe pending Stripe's approval.

Easy Integration for a Variety of Content Management Systems

Customer service is excellent, the product itself is excellent, and it fulfills all of our needs and the needs of our clients.

Pros

Stripe is by far the most secure, easy to use, and easily integrated service of its type. We work with organizations both large and small, and whether a client has team members who are going to be working in their CMS after their website is designed or not, Stripe is the best option. It is easy to use, even for beginners and even those who are not designers and developers, and the fact that it doesn't allow hackers to add code to the checkout page protects our clients better than any other system we've seen. We recommend a Stripe integration for every single client who has an online store or sells any number of products online.

Cons

It does require some knowledge of front end development to integrate with many CMS platforms, even Wordpress. It's not necessarily the easiest to setup, even if you know your way around Wordpress or drag and drop design platforms. The only other downside is that checkout forms are not customizable. This is actually not a bad downside for us because the reason they are not so is due to the inability...

The Best Payment Processor for both Beginners and Experienced Developers

My experience with Stripe has been fantastic overall. They have done a great job with user experience and documentation. It's a company that truly opens up a world of entrepreneurial possibilities for everyone.

Pros

Stripe is easy to implement and offers a robust API for experienced developers to create highly customized solutions. It's easy to integrate with other platforms, create one-off charges for customers or subscriptions.

Cons

While the fees are competitive, they can get high on high dollar transactions. I try to resort to ACH transactions for larger transactions, but they can take about a week to process. I wish this was faster.

Client Payment Option

I’ve used Stripe from the beginning and have had no issues with it.

Pros

What I like most about Stripe is the level of encryption and security associated with the product. I also like the ease in which Stripe can be implemented / integrated on websites and e-commerce platforms.

Cons

The lack of other apps that can be used with Stripe but that’s an industry wide issue, regardless of payment platform, due to privacy and security.

Stripe is my first choice for all merchant processing needs

I love Stripe. I would use them for all of my merchant processing needs whenever possible. They have a solid platform that just works. Even if you are technically challenged, you can set up a Stripe account and plug it into your business. They do a great job of scrubbing transactions for potential fraud and they are quick to pay out, usually within 1-2 business days. My bank tried to get me to change my merchant processing to them from Stripe, but they wanted me to sign a contact for 2 years and pay monthly fees whether I used it or not. Stripe doesn't do any of that nonsense. They charge you for each transaction and that is it.

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up an account and authorize it for use. Reporting is easy and useful, and I love that I get a snapshot of my income immediately upon logging in. Adding in new business is easy and allows me to keep my revenue streams organized for both me and my customers. Each new business lets me set a new statement descriptor so my customers know what they are paying for when reviewing their credit card statements. They are integrated with many different platforms, including ecommerce and accounting software, so connecting the many pieces of your business is easy.

Cons

They have some extremely technical pieces of their software, including webhooks and API calls. If you are not technically minded, this can get confusing and potentially cause issues with your credit card processing. But as long as you are working with software that is integrated well (think Woocommerce or Xero) then it should be very easy to use Stripe in your business. Also, while it is great that...

It's what I use to process payments!

I am pleased with them so far, I have heard from colleagues saying they can easily process millions per year in Stripe and without issues so I am looking forward to continuing to grow with this payment processor by my side.

Pros

I used to use my bank's merchant for 3-4 years, thinking they were giving me a better rate. long story short, they weren't AND they were confusing to use. So I switched to Stripe, which is frequently used in my field of coaching and digital products. I have been very happy so far. - I am able to process payments myself, it integrate with 3rd party shopping carts with ease (I use ThriveCart), it allows...

Cons

- It's a bit complicated to use for someone who might not be techy. I am pretty techy and I think I've got a handle on it, especially since I mainly use it as the processor with my shopping cart, but if I had to use Stripe on its own, it probably would get complicated. - Sometimes I find it hard to find what I need to in Stripe. Like, a payment would get declined and I'd want to rebill or attempt the...

Super easy and straight-forward to integrate and use.

Most of our business transactions are processed through Stripe and we've set Stripe up for clients who require online merchant processing. By far the easiest and most straight-forward merchant processor to setup for online processing.

Pros

Hands down, the easiest merchant processor to integrate into Gravity Forms or WooCommerce - I have to imagine it integrates just as easy with other popular tools, but my experience is limited to Gravity Forms and WooCommerce. Within Stripe itself, navigating is intuitive and easy with very friendly report tools. Looking up transactions is easy and may be search by name, email address, transaction...

Cons

I have never won a dispute - no not one - and the process seems entirely automated. While I have only had four disputes in the past 12 months, all of which were admitted mistakes on the customer's part, I submitted emailed conversations with the client where they admitted error, and I still lost. Since then, I've been told it's best to get the client to contact their credit card company to rescind the dispute but it was frustrating that the process is so automated that it seems not to favor the merchant. So, with that in mind, if you ever have a dispute, work with the customer to get them to rescind it.

Reliable, easy to use payment processing

We have used AuthorizeNet, Square, and Stripe for our processing. So far, I'm much happier with Stripe than the others due to the ease of use, both in configuration and reviewing reports. After trying Stripe with one business, we quickly decided to move the others over. I hope they get around to adding a mobile solution similar to Square.

Pros

The best part of Stripe is how easy it is to set up. I'm using it for multiple businesses. Setting up each business was quick, easy, and error free. I'm able to access each business with a single login, but each business is kept independent, so it's clear and always easy to see which account I'm reviewing. In addition, adding others that need to have access (partners, bookkeeper, assistant), and granting them only the privileges they need has been equally straightforward. We have both custom applications that we needed to integrate Stripe with, as well as off the shelf packages/services and have found it very easy to set up for all of our uses. Navigating purchases, receipts, and reports is also easy. We have had no issues at all with service so far.

Cons

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of a mobile solution. For mobile payments, we're using Square.

Stripe is fantastic

We use another online giving platform that runs on top of Stripe, which we like very much, and the combination of these two works really well for us. It's enabled us to receive gifts on one platform from all credit cards, ApplePay, GooglePay, bank transfer and more. And, as I said, the customer service is top-notch

Pros

The customer service is extremely fast and helpful and the Stripe personnel are eager to help, easy to talk to and committed to ensuring that everything is taken care of. The software just works well and is really reliable.

Cons

It can be a bit hard to use and understand. It was set up for for-profit companies and some aspects of it are not so user-friendly for nonprofits

Wouldn't Use Any Other Online Payment Processor

Although not particularly robust, Stripe is simple, easy, and reliable, and when it comes to handling other peoples money that is exactly what I'm looking for. Honest, simlple, easy, reliable!

Pros

Sometimes you just find exactly what you're looking for. When I stumbled upon Stripe it was one of those times. At first I was even skeptical, it sounded way too good to be true, an online payment processor that offered all the features I needed, was easy and intuitive to navigate. I showed it to a friend who told me if its too good to be true its probably a scam. But in this case I've been using Stripe...

Cons

When its comes to "Cons," I'm sorry to disappoint but I can really think of very few cons. I suppose my needs are fairly simple, and if my needs were financially more complex I would need a platform with a more robust set of offerings. But that being not the case, I just can't think of many minuses to using Stripe.

One of the easiest payment processor!

Overall, because of the ease of signup, fast account starting, least lenghty forms, easy refunds etc, I really like it. Just wish they accepted high risk sites (maybe with higher fees etc?)

Pros

Its very easy to sign up. I've tried dozens of payment processors and they all have tons of pages and information they ask first before we can begin our first transaction. The best thing about Stripe is that they can confirm your SSN with your name/address etc and voila, in 5 minutes after you sign up (which also takes at most 5 minutes), you can actually start collecting payments on your website!

Cons

They have no flexibility for high risk accounts. One of my client whose account was closed because of being 'high risk' (even though he didn't have ANY dispute for 6 months) offered them DOUBLE the comission, but STripe simply refused. Didn't budge or counter offer anything. That customer does half a million dollars worth of gross revenue business per annum right now (and growing), yet Stripe ditched him!