All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

datapine

Business Intelligence & Dashboards for KPI-Driven Companies

datapine Reviews

Pros

I like the usability of the product. The UI and UX is amazing, customer support is good and they are launching new features quite often.

Clemens D.

Read the full review
Powerful & easy-to-use BI solution with great customer support.

Read the full review

Cons

Since I still have no further experience in the BI area, I can compare the software badly with.

Dan E.

Read the full review
As I didn’t set up the dashboard and I’m currently just a viewer, I’m not sure how complicated the.

4.8

Easy to use advanced analytics and visualizations

datapine is a tool that will certainly help data analysts as well as business users who need to build complex analytical procedures and deliver fast results to various stakeholders. Their customer service is very approachable, every time I needed help, they would always go the extra mile and I have to appreciate that. Fast performance, ease of use, and advanced features both in analysis and visualizations made my experience positive and productive.

Pros

The data analysis features are impressive. I could easily connect through their data connectors option, and immediately start building my analysis. The 2 modes, a visual and SQL interface enabled me to easily switch if I want to build the queries on my own or drag and drop values into the analyzer. The simplicity of creating complex analysis and visualizing through dashboards that have many interactive options like drill-downs, widget linking, and hierarchical filters have really stood out for me, but also advanced analysis such as predictive analytics. I can also add my own calculated fields, build formulas, and save them for future use.

Cons

At the moment they don’t offer many AI / Machine Learning features. I hope this will change in the future.

All-in-one BI software for the entire company

Pros

I am a BI manager in a medium-sized retail business. We struggled a long time to get all our retail data (online and offline) into one central analytics platform, from where we can share our analysis results easily within the company with different departments (sales, marketing, customer service, procurement, etc.). We tried different solutions on the market and finally decided for datapine because...

Cons

You cannot test a (customized) on-premise versions for free. Their standard 14-day free trial refers only to their SaaS solution.

Really helpful

Pros

The drag-and-drop makes entering elements simple . The projections are accurate and are generated quickly .

Cons

The configurations are the beginning take a while to be sorted .To overall loading time is not that quick .

Far exceeded by any competitor

Pros

data importing system. Once upon a time they had a product that worked.

Cons

Their product at one point was competitive but little has changed over the years except for their ever-increasing pricing. Tableau and Power BI is far more powerful, cheaper and easier to use. Be wary, they require 4 months notice just to cancel their contract. Give them anything less and they will renew you automatically for another two years. (unheard of)

Thanks for your review! We're very sorry if you encountered difficulties while using our software since we want to make sure each customer receives the best possible service and experience. We're constantly improving our UX, also by listening to our customers' feedback which is extremely important in the current and future development of our product. We're dedicated to offer a truly self-service tool,...

Great for our technical requirements and seamless connection

Generally speaking, our experience with datapine is more than positive. They provide us a product that meets all of our technical requirements and a smooth transition to the cloud environment. Data sources are easily connected, and on the management level, the analysis of the data is easy once you get used to it, and all the innovative dashboard features are quite impressive.

Pros

Actually, the agility it provides. As a CTO and founder, I have to keep a close eye on numerous technical and business processes that will enable me to scale my business and keep the pace on the market. This software managed to consolidate all of our data sources, and afterwards, we could scale the product based on our specific requirements. We connected our database(s), CRM, ERP, and the complete process was quite seamless. They provide flexibility and performance speed that we’re really satisfied with, and I have to say the software delivered more than we expected.

Cons

If I have to specify, my team would like to have more dashboard templates specific to the hotel industry. They do provide a healthy number of built-in templates, but it would certainly help us if we would have multiple ones that would suit our industry better than the already suggested within the tool.

Powerful & easy-to-use BI solution with great customer support

All in all, we are super satisfied with datapine. It enabled even non-technical employees within our company to take advantage of business intelligence and get more data driven.

Pros

I like most their smart user-interface, that's really intuitive. Especially within their Analyzer section you have a bunch of powerful self-service analytics features such as conditional formatting, comparisons vs last periods, predictions, drilldowns etc. The dashboard section leaves nothing to be desired with great interactive dashboard functions.

Cons

I think datapine really keeps up with the time, as they add new features on a regular basis. Some features like their "SQL mode" needs SQL knowledge. However, until know, most of my queries I was able to build by drag & drop and didn't need the manual SQL mode.

Great marketing BI solution for busy marketeers

The overall experience with datapine is quite positive and productive. They helped us with the setup, explained the basics, provided resources, and enabled us to perform analysis on our own. Every question was answered in a timely manner, and their support has been great!

Pros

I really like the possibility to create multiple KPI dashboards and link to each other for different marketing channels and campaigns. The interface is easy to use and I can simply drag and drop my variables to create specific KPIs. On the dashboards you have many helpful interactive features, such as drilldowns and in-dept filter options. And let’s not forget about reports: I can automate the recurring reports (daily, weekly, monthly) and save a lot of time and resources.

Cons

Some features are not that easy-to-use. For example, for the offered SQL mode, you need to know SQL. Luckily, I was able to build all needed KPIs in the drag and drop interface.

Great for monitoring and tracking financial KPIs

Overall, my experience with datapine has been very constructive. After I have explained my use case, they were more than helpful to help me with the setup and assist me in getting familiar with the product and its features.

Pros

I like the interface, a healthy chart library, interactive possibilities and the overall results I have achieved: great dashboards and reports. The software makes complex tasks much easier and I can even incorporate alarms that will send me a notification if a value is exceeding a target or is too much below. I have all my financial numbers in a single place, and I don’t need to look for other solutions to incorporate into my existing financial management processes.

Cons

Like it is with most business software, you need to get used to it at the begginning. As far as I can remember, there was not a lot onboarding information available. But maybe, they changed this already.

Great Dashboard Reporting Options

Well-structured tabs and simple access to different options made my experience with datapine effective right from the start. I could also find advanced features and coding possibilities, but I was satisfied with the visual builder and made my visualizations from there. Overall, I’m very satisfied with the product and the overall experience. I will continue using datapine as it brought numerous benefits to my presentations.

Pros

Dashboards and reports are remarkable. I can easily choose from one of their templates or create my own, and then schedule the delivery through a password protected URL each week. The data is updated automatically so I don’t need to think about creating a report manually ever again.

Cons

I don’t have enough educational materials from them to write my own SQL queries so I would like to see more interactive tutorials. But to be honest, until now I was able to build all needed queries with the drag & drop interface.

Modern BI Dashboard Software

Pros

With datapine, the amount of manual work for KPI-monitoring and reporting is reduced to a minimum. I’m able to automize the complete data analytics process very easily. I really trust the generated data and insights and have no doubts there. In my opinion, the biggest strengths of datapine are their interactive dashboards as well as the intuitive user interface, that can be easily handled by business users like me, too.

Cons

At the moment, datapine offers a 14-day free trial. In my opinion it would be better to have more time to test the product and all its features in detail, especially if you take a look at other tools, too. But actually, other tools also don’t have longer trial periods. Obviously, it’s a standard that needs to change.

Modern business dashboards at your fingertips

Pros

I’m just a “viewer” in datapine. That means that my colleague added me on his account and I got access to various dashboards covering different business development topics such as marketing and sales. I didn’t do the analysis or created the dashboards on my own, but simply used the final dashboards. What I like is the visual interface which is quite simple but powerful, the possibility to access dashboards...

Cons

As I didn’t set up the dashboard and I’m currently just a viewer, I’m not sure how complicated the set up was. I can only say that working with the final dashboard is quite convenient and saves me a lot of time.

Actionable Insights for HR

Pros

Working in HR means using various channels to support internal employees and hiring the best possible candidates. We needed a powerful tool that is able to put all of our data under a single roof and provide us with up to date, most valuable information. We set up 2 core processes: creating live dashboards and automated reports. I’m not an analyst but the ease of use made me believe that I actually...

Cons

If you want to look at the dashboard on your mobile, you need to adjust the view in the desktop version.

Perfect if you want fast results!

I was able to set everything on a single screen, and everyone could interact with charts and graphs, directly ask questions, and stop thinking about report creation since datapine did it all automatically! This automation saved me at least 20h per week and we could focus on what matters the most - the data in front of us.

Pros

datapine exceeded my expectations in many ways. I was able to send weekly automated reports directly to my partner and managers, and each report had the information they needed, there was no overlapping data nor the confusion as with standard spreadsheets filled with numerous rows and columns. I had to select my KPIs, drag and drop them onto the dashboard, and select the interval of automatic reporting process (I choose weekly for our meetings).

Cons

It took me a while to get around all the features, but their customer service was very helpful to answer all my questions. I don't need (or use) SQL, but if I hire an analyst in the future, it's useful to know they also cover some advanced analytical features.

Easy integration, great support & powerful features

Pros

The initial integration of our data sources was way easier than expected. We use their (optional) data warehouse, that increased our querying and analyzing speed a lot. In general, their product is stable and reliable. We never had any critical issue in 1.5 years. From the users / viewers within our company I just received positive feedback, especially about their interactive dashboards.

Cons

They develop quite many new features or extend the functioning of existing ones. However, the announcement of these updates is not always in a timely manner.

Awesome interactive features and options

The overall experience has been great. From the onboarding process to answering questions from our analysts and team members (both beginners and advanced users) they helped us and patiently led us through the tool, its features ,and what it can do for our business. As a CEO, it was important for me to find software that will act as our partner, and datapine’s team is one of the best we have ever worked with!

Pros

We were definitely impressed by the interactive features such as drill-downs, chart zooms, widget linking, filter features, tooltips, etc. There are so many options and possibilities that we don’t need any other data analysis and visualization tool.

Cons

I would prefer more options in the mobile version but the team stated they continuously develop new features so we will definitely follow-up.

Powerful Self-Service Analytics and Dashboard Reports

In general, it made my reporting practices way more efficient and interactive, and I got really good feedback (internally and externally).

Pros

It's a great solution to build interactive dashboards that can be used for your (automated) reporting. I really like their drag & drop interface in the ‘Analyzer’, because it is intuitive to use. I had no real experience with BI tools before but most of the features I was able to explore on my own and otherwise, their support was always really helpful (as well as the tutorials). The dashboards itself have all the features I needed, and I saved a lot of time for my ongoing reports.

Cons

Actually, I was satisfied since day 1 of the trial and continued to use the tool on an ongoing basis. If you want to find something ‘bad’, there are some advanced analytics features where you need to know SQL. But I guess that’s the case for other BI tools as well.

Great product!

In the beginning the tool website was quite slow, but the steadily improved the service. Right now i'm super happy.

Cons

A true self service analytics solution

Pros

As part of my training, I spent a few weeks in the controlling department. There I was in contact with BI tools for the first time. One of our analysts gave me a short demo and afterwards I started with my own analyses. Of course, they were quite simple, but I really like the user interface of datapine’s software. Even without any analytics knowledge I was able to visualize data and create dashboards after a few hours.

Cons

Since I still have no further experience in the BI area, I can compare the software badly with others.

Far better Money for Value than the Big Guys

We are using datapine for live manamgent reporting directly from our various databases. Once setup it saves a lot of manual reporting work and keeps everyone on the same level.

Best KPI Tool in the market

If you want to revolutionize your business practices, then datapine is the tool to do it. Use the insights you get the most out of your BI setup. It'll keep you on top of your work and even makes data visualization fun.

Outstanding KPI Tool

It blows me away every time. Quality BI tool, easy to pick up, highly secure and crunches data like a boss. I heartily recommended!

Cons

A great way to gather and monitor data

Great data visualization tool that makes it easy to gather a business's most important data and keep tabs on it.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.