Adobe Acrobat Reader Logo

EA

Elias Alirio M.

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best PDF reader

As a reader and option for studying, and storing PDF documents with highlightes information, I would not ever change this option. Nothing can be perfect, but the experience with this software is good enough for me!

Pros

I often deal with performance and profile reviews at my workplace with a lot of information to read, but with some focus points to mainly keep in mind. With Adobe Reader, I am able to highlight specific pieces of information permanently in an existing PDF document and save it for future review. It allows me to make these highlights in different colors and also add notes with different symbols, whose...

Cons

I like the coloring features, but I would like that the desktop options to change colors were as easy to perform as it is to perform on my iPad. A few extra clicks are extra effort that though it is worthwhile, it is effort I would rather not have. Obviously then its reading limitation is something that could be improved. Modifications or direct notes on documents are not as easy to perform and often require other software to do so.

NR

Natália R.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Adobe: Empoderando a Criatividade e a Eficiência

O Adobe Acrobat Reader desempenha um papel fundamental nos negócios, oferecendo benefícios significativos, como facilitar a colaboração eficiente, melhorar a segurança de documentos com recursos de assinatura digital e criptografia, e reduzir a necessidade de papel, tornando as operações mais sustentáveis. No entanto, a compatibilidade de formato e os custos associados à obtenção de licenças para recursos avançados podem representar desafios. No geral, a ferramenta desempenha um papel crucial na gestão de documentos e fluxos de trabalho, otimizando processos e melhorando a eficiência em diversos setores empresariais.

Pros

O Adobe é utilizado em toda rotina administrativa e processual do escritório, tornando as execuções mais eficientes e convenientes. Antes, lidar com documentos técnicos complexos era um desafio, especialmente quando precisávamos fazer anotações, realçar informações importantes ou colaborar com colegas em tempo real. Com o Acrobat Reader, podemos abrir e revisar documentos PDF com facilidade, adicionar comentários diretamente nos arquivos e compartilhar essas anotações de forma instantânea. Isso não apenas economiza tempo valioso, mas também melhora a precisão e a clareza das nossas comunicações, o que é fundamental em nosso trabalho.

Cons

Recentemente houve uma atualização de layout, desde então estamos nos adaptando com a nova disposição dos ícones, mais é passageiro.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

MW

Muhsina W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent for Official and personal purposes (About the core version 19.2048)

I would definitely recommend this to others as it makes the work easier to an extent. :)

Pros

These days , most of the files and documents are shared in the PDF formats which is easier to share, especially via email. As an online tutor and a teacher by profession I have a lots of PDF study materials to be used on a daily basis. The customized Zoom level option helps to view the document in the actual size preferred by the user. The customized Page number option helps to type in the page...

Cons

1. The trial version and full version is way too different with the options. (Covert to .doc / Edit PDF etc ) are not allowed in the trial version. 2. The price for a month is too high. 3. At times opening a large PDF file ( in my case Books with a 300 pages ) makes the software respond slower.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

A tool that is essential for every pdf document user

This tool has all features ranging from document cloud storage to digital signature functionality. Extremely useful for teams who need to access common documents across different locations

Pros

It has an extremely professional interface for viewing and editing pdf document s The sign function allows digital signature really easily The document conversion feature is a real time saver

Cons

The free version does not posses half of the features available with the pro version hence it's recommended to users to update to the pro version

BT

Bhushan T.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

King of all PDF readers

One of the best and Top PDF readers in current date, opens and read all types of portable document formats.best for digital asset management, stores many types of content which include text, images, diagrams, maps secure documents, digital signatures etc.

Pros

All types of PDF files can be read without any issue, open most of the PDF formats.One of the trustworthy tool for documents

Cons

Sometimes it gets hung or shows bug while opening high size files

CA

Christian A.

International Trade and Development, 1-10 employees

Acrobat Reader DC - connecting people, ideas and projects

I work with an international team, sharing documents over the Internet on a daily basis, therefore Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat is a MUST for us. It is an easy to use tool everybody can understand and work with immediatley. I am also wroking with Adobe Acrobat for creating and editing documents, formulars, etc.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is a standard for sharing Documents with people all over the world. It is a free software everybody can download in the Internet to open PDF-Documents. It is the original and still for me the easiest way to share informations, contracts, illustrations, etc. with my team, with prospects and friends. It is easy to add comments and ideas in this documents and share it with people involved without any problems with program incompability. I love the Acrobat Reader App for my Mobile Phone and the possibility to scan documents and convert to PDF-Files with Adobe Scan.

Cons

It is very hard to find something that I do not like about this software. Especially with the possibility to get the Adobe Acrobat, with which you can create and edit PDF-Documents, for professional use with an Abo-Model, which makes it affordable not only for companies, but for individuals, where you can cancel the subscription monthly. What I wonder is why Adobe still do not have his own software like MS Word, Google Docs, etc.. I have still issues with creating writable formulars, because converting from MS Word to PDF is not hundred percent working. Anyway this critic is about Adobe Acrobat. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is amazing.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Avis Adobe Acrobat Reader

De façon générale ce logiciel reste tout de même le meilleur choix et le premier réflexe en cas de besoin d'un lecteur PDF

Pros

Le plus gros avantage de Adobe Acrobat Reader est la gratuité de sa fonctionnalité de Lecteur PDF et en plus disponible et compatible quelque soit la plateforme ou le terminal

Cons

Les inconvénients sont essentiellement liés au coût un petit peu élevé des options payantes quoique utiles aussi telles que la modification d'un document PDF par exemple

Showing original review in French. See translation

Hiran T.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

This PDF reader software loaded with features, functions and essential.

This PDF reader software is great in terms of features, functions and relailbe.

Pros

Read Out Loud option is helpful when the user faces difficulties in reading lengthy paragraphs. One can use a digital signature to document sign the document. The comment option helps the user in inserting the comments in the particular place of the document. View option helps the user to display the document in particular rotate view, double-page view and zoom. Light mode and dark mode themes are available. The user interface is simple and user friendly. Adobe provides a cloud location where the user can easily upload and view it. Find option helps in locating the required keywords.

Cons

The customer support needs to improve the response and resolution time. Need to provide flexible price plans. Read Out Loud option activation is time-consuming and also crashes sometimes. The software is a bit late responsive in transition and functioning in lower configured work stations.

jv

juan v.

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

the king of pdf

the best solution to capture information from any application of any digital system, it is quite good since it is a universal file reader, very versatile and above all very easy to use, acquiring the PRO version, it does wonders with the software, without a doubt It is the favorite of many.

Pros

The advantages of the software are many, since it has no limitations, considering the pro version, since it allows you to create PDF files from blank pages, any type of document, Web pages, scanned / digitized printed documents and even the content from the clipboard. You can choose from various PDF creation methods depending on the type of file you start with and the desired requirements for the PDF....

Cons

I could say that one of the disadvantages or limitation of the software is its trial version, because it only allows the main and basic functions, to use it in its entirety requires a payment, which is considerable and fair given the quality of the software

KC

Kassie C.

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Get for viewing PDFs!

Acrobat has been very beneficial to our weekly productivity at our newspaper as it allows us to export our advertisements to the program and review them in Acrobat to make sure everything appears in place and okay to be printed in the newspaper. This program has also been beneficial to our company as we optimize PDFs of our news pages so we can then upload them to our e-edition website so our readers can view our product digitally each week. Acrobat plays a huge role in our ability to get our product in the hands of our readers.

Pros

I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for my job at a weekly newspaper. I like that I am able to open PDF files from advertisers and review the types of fonts they've used in their files and find out whether I am able to match those fonts if recreating or reformatting their ad is needed. I like the features and tools Acrobat provides, like the Output Preview tool and the Move or Make Changes to Object tool. I have used Acrobat for a few years now and I appreciate how the tools are kept the same even with updates to the program.

Cons

Our company recently updated our computer systems and software so the previous version of Acrobat was updated to the newest version of Acrobat. This new version has taken some getting used to, specifically the layout of the tools within the program. Each week, we make use of the optimization and combining tools in Acrobat to prepare our e-editions for our newspaper. After updating my computer and Acrobat program, I at first found it difficult to navigate the new list of tools within the program. While this took some getting used to, I believe I now have a better idea on where tools are located, but still miss the layout of previous versions of Acrobat.

Gerald W.

Entertainment, self-employed

Excellent PDF reader with added features

Adobe Acrobat Reader is extremely useful for me. It's free. The Chrome extension has many useful features which satisfy most of my PDF needs, especially merging, rotating, signing, etc. I'd recommend it as a good place to start for someone looking for a simple, useful PDF tool.

Pros

PDF Reader is a free Adobe program that appears to have improved and added many new features in the past couple of years. The basic downloadable program is good for viewing, printing and signing PDFs. The free Chrome extension is extremely useful and seems to offer many more functions like Rotate, Merge, Edit, Reorder pages, etc. Previously one would have to go to free online sites to get those functions. I'm a pretty limited user and have little need to create PDFs or edit PDFs. But I do use many of the extra features available with the free Chrome extension and would highly recommend it. Also, if you set up a free Adobe account you can keep your PDFs in the cloud which for some people can be handy if you don't have Dropbox, Onedrive or another cloud storage program.

Cons

In truth, for a free program, I don't have many complaints. I've tried other free PDF Readers and have always ended coming back to Adobe. One feature I don't think it has is converting a non fillable PDF form into a fillable one, which would be quite useful. Adding more functions would always be welcome, but then Adobe would be cannibalizing its paid programs.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Acrobat Reader DC - ease of extracting data tables alone makes it worth it

I needed to extract several tables of data from several journal articles for an analysis. I had done this the month before using freeware, but the format was fraught with anomalies, and I soon was wasting time writing Excel macros to fix it. Acrobat Reader DC allowed me to do a similar task in a few minutes by exporting to Excel.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is a paid version of the ubiquitous and free Acrobat reader. It is a monthly subscription, with a discount for paying annually. There are 4 sets of features that are not found in Reader: ability to create de novo pdfs, ability to lock and password protect PDFs, ability to electronically sign documents in real time, and - the one I requested Reader DC for - the ability to export...

Cons

My biggest complaint is that I often accidentally end up in edit mode (one of the other major features of the software). Instead of highlighting something to copy, I am suddenly overtyping it. However, since I have not yet learned how to get into editing mode, this may be more user error. I do anticipate eventually using this feature to make changes or updates in PDF documents for which the original Powerpoint or Word document is not available. (A common scenario is when a Powerpoint is too large to email to remote participants, but there are small changes after rendering the pdf.)

MH

Matthew H.

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Extremely Useful and Easy to Understand

We use this in a government setting in which transmission of both large and small volume documents of clarity and consistency are essential. It is a testament to the reliability of the product that over the course of several years since implementation of this product we have not had a single situation in which customer service was required to be contacted. I would recommend this product to any office which requires consistency and near perfect high definition images for storage and transmission.

Pros

Ease of use is a major factor for me and my staff. From the time the user clicks on the icon to the pulling up and management of images it is virtually a seamless and effortless task. Seldom is a software product this easy and reliable to use. In my work environment is has been and I expect it to be the industry standard as the level of user productivity achieved by the user raises the bar so high. I use it for may applications from document storage to transmission. I have never had a problem storing a quality image or with a recipient receiving a first rate image and being able to open and store or transfer it with ease.

Cons

It is difficult to find fault with this product. The only shortcoming, which may not be associated with the program itself is that certain traditional photocopy images may appear unduly dark in acrobat format necessitating a lighter than normal copy be made from a traditional photocopier, but this is only an incidental issue as overall quality and clarity of the images is exceptional and consistent.

Joel B.

51-200 employees

Better than in the past, but not the best

Pros

The price is free and it's made by the people who invented PDF, so compatibility is never an issue. If you have an errant PDF with problems, Acrobat Reader is your best bet at getting it open. I like that I can digitally sign PDFs with Acrobat Reader without the need to buy the full Acrobat software. Little things like that are expected features of software like this that make using it easier.

Cons

Historically, Acrobat Reader has been slow to open. Although that issue is mostly fixed, there are still many times when Acrobat Reader doesn't open quickly. Honestly, I expect a PDF reader to open almost instantly, especially with a fast PC and an SSD. It's just not acceptable to me to know have a small program like this open quickly. Acrobat Reader likes to be the default app that opens PDFs on...

Very good software

In my company we use this program a lot to protect the formats of our files, a lot of information is sent by mail, so it is an excellent option to send information without it being able to suffer some type of distortion (moving images, changing margins, if Excel documents allow a better presentation). When we issue a budget calculated with Excel we always issue the file in PDF and for that we use Adobe Reader

Pros

Adobe reader, is a powerful PDF software that allows you to view and print PDF documents, another advantage is that Adobe Reader is free of charge, its size is small and it is convenient and easy to download, it can be downloaded from the page from the manufacturer what gives you greater security and confidence. It allows you to make notes in PDF documents, you can download them in portable devices so you can work your documents from anywhere, it allows you to convert files in Excel, PowerPoint, Word in PDF formats and thus protect your files, another important function is to add digital signatures, which saves you time when issuing documents that require signatures. You can expand the functions of Adobe Reader for free with Acrobat ADK

Cons

Negative points, It does not allow to combine files in the basic package. It can be somewhat cumbersome to use for new users. Some basic functions are not available in the free version, but in general terms are more advantages offered by this software, a very useful tool to use in the office allows you to send files without losing their initial format, common problem that happens when you open files in other terminals, common example is when you have a file in a certain program and move it to another terminal or PC with a portable device you can be at risk of losing the format (margins, tables, page numbers) so save them in PDF you avoid this problem.

EM

Eduardo M.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

on of the top option in PDF World

In my case, after trying some others, I have stayed with this one for several important aspects such as stability, simplicity and acceptance

Pros

Of all the similar options, this is the simplest and easiest to use and the most seen on all computers.

Cons

It is a bit limited compared to the other options on the market in terms of tools

CM

Chethan M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Review of Adobe Acrobat Reader

Adobe Acrobat Reader has become default tool for most of the daily activities. Its been nice to use the Adobe Acrobat reader. I mainly use the Adobe Acrobat reader for activities like Read, Edit, Review, Comment and many other.

Pros

The Adobe Acrobat Reader is most commonly found in every desktop or laptop as the default software to open or read files in .PDF format.Adobe Acrobat has become a synonym for PDF, Most of the time folks who refer PDF indirectly will be talking about Acrobat Reader. Adobe Acrobat reader basic features consists of - Adding Sticky notes, highlighter, options to scroll in different ways with icons, pan, page numbers. One can easily save the PDF after opening using Save as or Save options. Adobe Acrobat Reader also has some advanced features like Adding Signature, Running OCR to scan & search text, Edit PDF options, combining multiple PDFs, Saving files in Cloud, Redaction etc.

Cons

Adobe Acrobat Reader is the most popular and widely used but it still has few disadvantages or demerits. Adobe Acrobat Reader advanced is comparatively expensive then some Open Source products available in market today. though one can get the basic version of Adobe Acrobat Reader easily and mostly as freeware or easy to download but the basic version does not provide many features. Sometimes Adobe Acrobat Reader will hang or get stuck and forcefully close and reopen the application. This has improved over time.

ZB

Zavud B.

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

My review for Acrobat Reader DC

Pros

I have been using Acrobat Reader DC for various purposes for a long time. The software is quite handy and very easy to use. As a master student, I am always provided with scientific papers, articles, research projects and data by my professors in the form of PDF files. And to properly view the files I find Acrobat Reader DC the most useful available software. What I enjoy most about using Acrobat Reader...

Cons

What I dislike about Acrobat Reader DC is that the software sometimes does not let me view the files in a proper scale/size. It usually happens when I view my lecture presentations that were created on Microsoft PowerPoint and were converted into PDF files. When I try zooming in the file the texts, pictures and graphs on the file become too large and hard to read. When I do opposite and zoom out for example, they become too small to read. Therefore, it is sometimes hard to have your files in the perfect size/scale in order to read files comfortably.

P Christopher B.

Higher Education,

The Must-Have PDF Reader of the Century

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a cross-platform PDF reader that goes beyond just a reader and allows you to make essential edits, combine PDFs, split pages, and create PDF forms -- all options that are severely lacking in other PDF readers. This is an extremely useful tool that is necessary for anyone who uses PDFs extensively.

Pros

While most people continue to use their browser to read and print PDFs, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC takes it to the next level. The primary advantage to using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is its ability to edit PDF documents. You can change words, fonts, size, and even highlighting like a normal word processor would. To some degree, you have even more control with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as you can control horizontal scaling and character spacing which is much harder to do on most word processors. Furthermore, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC provides ways to export your PDF into other formats, Comment on PDFs, Organize them via splitting or combining different pages together, and even a form option along with a fill & sign. The extra features greatly enhance the usefulness of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Cons

There is not a whole lot to complain about as far as PDF readers go. Sometimes, when splitting documents, it would be nice to name documents based on a field found on each page rather than a name with a prefix. Furthermore, beginners may have a hard time finding the different tools. An option in the top left corner right next to the home button labeled "Tools" gives you all the different options to edit your PDF. Often, beginners struggle to find it as it is not an option in your normal toolbar. As I have the paid version, I have not had to deal with the different limitations that I would run into without the subscription, but the fact that there is a cost is a disadvantage unto itself.

Louis J.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Powerful PDF Software that works best with other Adobe Products to get the most from it

Most people use Windows 10, which will default to using Edge browser for opening PDF's which isn't always the best. Others use Chrome. But when you use Reader DC you get the most stable product, it provides the additional features such as e-sign and documentation completion. It's easy to use, and works very well.

Pros

It's simple, reliable (in terms of its always stable, pretty much never crashes) and is easy to use. It works well when upgraded to include the E-Sign etc along with the good integration with things like the the Google GSuite platform.

Cons

The software doesn't prompt you to use it as your default PDF software when installing it, so Windows 10 machines will continue to use Edge or Chrome which can be irritating. Whilst you can change this yourself, it's the irritating when sending a PDF for someone to fill out and they open it in Chrome and wonder why they can't save it. Therefore can before frustrating as you end up provider users additional support.

Shahzad K.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Indispensable Software for a Law Firm

Its really great! Anyone running a law practice, I would highly recommend to them that they need to invest in this software for their practice. It is a very important solution for a law firm.

Pros

I cannot practice law without this software application. This solution increases office productivity ten fold. Why? Almost everything nowadays is transferred via PDF. If I need to file something with the court, it needs to be filed in PDF format within a certain megabyte requirement. If its an immigration matter, documents need to be uploaded that meet a specific megabyte requirement. I love the...

Cons

I do not not have anything that I do not like about the software. I think now this is feature that requires a monthly payment. I bought it a software solution from bestbuy several years ago and I cannot tell you how great this thing is for my practice.

Keon M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

It has streamlined documents, no more worries with content not being seen by a client

I think everyone can agree that Acrobat Reader DC is quite simple to use from the thumbnails that simplifies navigating through the document to adding a signature to the document. It has made my life easier in that with the cloud capability members of my group could now access a pool of documents pertaining to a project quickly. I particularly like the security features of Acrobat Reader DC which ensures that I can safely prevent a document from being edited once I am finished working on it.

Pros

Before I started using Adobe I would send all my documents including those with reports including graphs with Microsoft word. I use Microsoft Word 2013; the problem I had is that according to the client I sent it to they would not see the info as it would be distorted dependent on if they were using an earlier version of Microsoft Word. Acrobat Reader DC streamlined this process, so no matter which client I send a report to they would be able to open the document and see the content without any distortion. The plus side to this is it is actually cloud based now through adobe so group members can have access with permission to all the content I need them to have access to instead of me emailing it.

Cons

I love using Adobe Reader DC I just wish a bit more basic options like those available in the pro version could be available in the regular version but that's just me I'm a bit of a freebie. But this cloud version hands down is the best in terms of functionality.

JW

Jimmy W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great all-round PDF viewer

The need to fill in basic PDF forms sent by clients and a good all-round PDF viewer

Pros

Has become the de facto standard PDF viewer in most industries. Quite a lot of features but key ones missing to encourage you to get the full verision.

Cons

Signatures quite difficult to set up and there are competing free products that offer more editing features so perhaps Adobe could cosnider adding some of these.

David Y.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

An Invaluable Resource

I've used Acrobat Reader DC for longer than I can remember. Throughout its various versions, the software has never failed to perform flawlessly. It is the industry standard in terms of opening and reading PDFs. File sizes are incredibly small, so you can store tons of PDFs on your device without using valuable storage space. Anyone who says that there's nothing free in this world needs to download Acrobat Reader DC. It's free and it works great.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC by Adobe Systems is a free program that enables you to work with PDFs. Even though the program is free, it includes a number of great features. Users can view PDFs add comments. Adding comments is a great feature, particularly if you are using PDFs for business. Your customers or team members can easily highlight sections and make annotations. Acrobat Reader DC also enables you to print PDFs, another great feature. Lastly, users can sign PDFs with Acrobat Reader DC. This is a terrific feature for those dealing with legal documents that can be expedited by e-signatures.

Cons

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The free version of Acrobat lacks the bells and whistles of Acrobat Pro. For example, you cannot export PDFs to Excel or Word. Nor can you password protect your PDFs with Acrobat Reader. For those needing more functionality, purchasing Acrobat Pro is wise. But for those of us who basically want to read and comment on PDFs, the free program, Acrobat Reader DC, is perfect.

john h.

Military, 10,001+ employees

Indispensable for Masters course

Acrobat Reader DC is the first recommended software on our course, on all platforms and OSs; all course notes are delivered as PDFs and it's the 1 indispensable app - couldn't complete my course without it.

Pros

This software has become absolutely indispensable throughout my current Masters programme. Finding relevant information within a huge document, being able to write on top and add notes, highlighting specific areas with various colours and sizes of 'pen' all make Acrobat Reader DC the leader when working with PDFs. Sure, there are other PDF readers out there but Adobe continues to innovate and evolve its format and the ability to work with it. Being able to sync directly with Adobe Cloud is the latest 'must have' for working with documents no matter what platform or what location.

Cons

There is little that I don't like about this software. Occasionally, on Android tablets, I can't find certain functionality that I find on desktops but I suspect this is more about my having not properly learned the differences rather than them not being on that version. I'm not a fan of the different levels of 'lock down' on PDFs - some give me full permissions to highlight, comment, add text, etc, while other documents are completely locked with no ability to do anything but read - I don't know how to identify what level of read/write access beforehand but, again, that might be more about me than the software.