Google Meet Logo

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

Google Meet Reviews

User ratings

4.5

10.5K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.49/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's super easy to use and straightforward. Very intuitive interface to interact with and works like a charm.

RA

Roger A.

This is a great program that allows you to truly connect with your team and friends, the price is great and free.

NR

Nelson R.

I love that the app runs from the browser and does not need to be installed on the PC. I also love that it does not have a time limit and is very easy to use.

I hate that when I'm presenting, I can no longer see the person I'm talking to. And I wish it automatically opened a new window rather than just a tab that can get lost if I have too many open.

CK

Carleen K.

I had many fake accounts from Africa try to entice me into lovers scams. Since rebranding, to Google meet it has been hacked twice this week.

KB

Kathy B.

I dislike seeing it when people are presenting something because it is a distraction and gets in the way of the display.

SB

WhatsApp

Microsoft Teams-logocaret
+ 20

Microsoft Teams

How would you rate Google Meet?

10,597 reviews

Lydia B.

Real Estate Agent

Real Estate, self-employed

Great for Video Calls with Low-Tech Clients

Transcript

Lydia: My name is Lydia, and I'm a real estate agent. I would give Google Meet a five out of five. For...

Google Hangouts is Questionable in Quality

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Alan Daniel. I'm president of a nonprofit organization. I'll give Google Meet, pretty...

Easily the best of the available Video Comms tools.

Google Meet is easily the pick of the bunch for this type of application. As a consultant, you get used to utilising the clients tools of choice. This has afforded me experience with the majority of the available video conferencing tools. It always stings when forced to use a Meet competitor for any length of time - and I rarely have the same confidence in my presentations.

Pros

Just beautifully designed. The UI/UX is top class (as with most Google products) and I find it to be rock solid in almost any application.

Cons

Still occasional glitches, and screen share can sometimes be awkward.

The perfect solution for clean usage

I am happy with Google Meet. They fulfil all my needs for very good price. I even shifted from other products when I host the meetings due to simplicity of the application. Google meets are the perfect solution for me.

Pros

The best thing I love about google meets is that it is completely free. I do not need to make any purchase and I have unlimited time for teleconferences or meetings. Also, so far I did not noticed any caps on users, so I can make really big meetings. Secondly, I love that the meeting setup is very easy - the easiest there is. I just need google account and that's it. What is very important - no need for any download. It works perfectly online in web browser. Also, it support all web browsers. So, the lightness and cleanliness are what got me in. Another small but important detail is that the background pictures are very easy to load. There is no problems using them.

Cons

There is hardly any cons about Google Meets but there is one which would help. I would like to have integration with MS Outlook, so I could make the meetings there and automatically they would create an entry in my schedule. This integration exists with other google tools and I understand there will be no integration with Microsoft tools, but It would nice to have such.

Comms Tool for Pros

I dont recommend it.

Pros

I love it because it is part of Gsuite. Other than it being part of gsuite, i dont have anything else that I like about this product.

Cons

I dont like its user interface and the tool itself. It is not user-friendly.

Google Meet is the best choice for a free video-conferencing service

Google Meet is the best choice if you're seeking for a free video-conferencing service for lengthier meetings. Due to the limited time available with Zoom, I will need to cut meetings in half.

Pros

The duration of a call with Google Meet is unrestricted. However, beginning in March 2021, Google will limit meetings to 60 minutes. There is a real-time captioning technology in Google Meet. As a result, it is simple to understand what other meeting attendees are saying. Non-native speakers and persons with hearing difficulties will benefit from this resource. This information is only available in...

Cons

I can't record their video sessions on Meet's free plan. I may, however, capture and keep them on Google Drive if I have a business plan. Google Meet allows up to 150 people to join the discussion, however video calls are limited to 25 people at a time. This video conferencing service provider is ideal for people who are in a small group or simply want to talk to a few family members or acquaintances. Participants...

Google meet

I have been using this app for my official online classes, this is really good and easy to use platform that make us easy to attempt our classes and international webinars.

Pros

Yes, Google meet a good and easy to use App as I have been using google meet for my online classes and I am glad, that marker feature is absent in this app; so participants can't bug during meeting. While screen sharing host can use this too, which is really helpful for us to understand. We can chat during lectures, that is helpful for us, because we can answer on chats without bugging during lecture.

Cons

It's been annoying when anybody leave or join meeting, prompt shows at a place to text box, which makes impossible to type at that time. Another main issue, that I have to face during my online exams, on presenting screen audio stops, so I have to join through two different devices in a same meeting. If I minimize this app to have another app or document camera stops working in a phone; not in a laptop.

Leading in video calls

Really good, a solid product

Pros

Ease of use, and relevant features for audio/video calls

Cons

Would be good if it was updated more often with improvements/features

Google met as a English teacher my experience

My overall experience has bee great i like that all the google applications like so all my things are always together it like is said the only feature i had a problem with is the screen share.

Pros

I like that subtitle can be turned on as i am doing conversational classes on this platform it is very helpful. The subtitles are not always 100% correct but i can say out of experience that they are accurate 90% of the time and considering they can even get the accents of my student and still be accurate is great. I like that i can link my meetings with my calendar this is very helpful for me when i am planning and i don have to give an new link for every meeting. The screen shear is okay when the document is not needed to be moved.

Cons

i would say that they could thy and make there screen share more like zooms, it more user friendly.

the best web alternative for meetings, however there is no application for windows

Overall it has been a great experience

Pros

i love your integration with all google other tools, I save a lot of time with this. Also when I'm using Google Workspace it's super easy to manage my meetings. Sometimes I have more than 10 meetings in the same day, and having them all centralized in Google Calendar and Meet makes me not miss any of them.

Cons

The limitation of 1h per meeting, and the requirement of some advanced plans to record the meetings is something that doesn't make sense to me, the more meetings I record, the more space I will need for cloud storage

Expect more as it is from Google

Neutral. Its just one of the apps that I use in the class and just because people are creating meeting on that. If there is a choice to use another, I may have not come to this.

Pros

The lightness of the app compared to the competing applications. As people are used to Android echo system, people already have an account with Google Meet

Cons

Users have multiple accounts with Google and not clear with which account they are logged in. As the product is from Google family, always a step ahead is expected, which is highly missing.

Google meet free software for team communication

Google meet is totally free and can able to use long time to meet team member. As a team communication software google meet have good support of any kinds of problem. By using quick and constant massaging inside google meet section is important for team communication. Gmail integration is very effective on google meet, has effective private messenger ,video call option and conference option. Sharing files is very effective inside meeting platform.

Pros

Google meet provides quick and constant communication for team meeting. It provides private messaging options ,video calling and conference is very effective during meeting. Files sharing is quite effective in the meeting. Sharing screen and presenting data is perfect for team meeting. Besides google meet comes with google service integration, with only gmail and link we can attend the meeting.

Cons

We experienced that for small meeting google meet is perfect, but sometimes we face problem for large group. Video quality becomes bad (blurry) sometimes, sometimes good. Due to internet connection, sometimes this problem happens, it reduces our overall satisfaction during meeting.

Accesibilidad a tu alcance

Me parece tan bueno que es difícil creer que es gratuito, me encanta que puedo conectar cámaras virtuales, y compartir fácilemnte en streaming

Pros

Es gratuito, tiene la potencia de cualquier software de paga, su estabilidad es increíble y esta al alcance de todo por su fácil implementación por android. Hoy todos tienen un móvil y la gran mayoría tiene Android con una cuenta de google, eso hace más accesible sin tener que crear una cuenta con otra aplicación, solo usando su misma cuanta de Google. Permite el uso de cámaras virtuales añadiendo un valor agregado a diferencia de los demás y como presentador proporciona mayor profesionalidad a tu conferencia.

Cons

Pierde estabilidad al superar 50 usuarios en conferencia.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Simples mas funcional

Pros

O Google Meet, durante a pandemia, se tornou praticamente onipresente, o que torna sua barreira de entrada praticamente inexistente hoje, ao realizar reuniões ou chamadas com parceiros externos. Como é bastante simples e tem poucas funcionalidades, essa vantagem é ainda mais acentuada. Além disso, por funcionar no browser é bastante prático.

Cons

Tem poucas funcionalidades além do básico e efeitos como desfoque do fundo consomem muito mais recursos do computador do que outros concorrentes. Além disso, sua última atualização, em que introduziu a janela flutuante, ao ocultar a aba da ligação tornou o app intrusivo e contra intuitivo, pois não é possível fechar a pop-up, sem desligar a chamada.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Google Meet is finally hitting its stride

Meet is great for screen-sharing, quick to launch and helps us with quick sidebar discussions. I like how easy it is to launch a Meet, but the recent controls update leave a lot to be desired. Simpler, please, Google.

Pros

After a window of time when Zoom dominated all of our online interactions to the point that it became a verb, Google Meet is finally coming back. While implementing a lot of good ideas from Zoom (blurred backgrounds, virtual backgrounds, easier sharing tools), Google Meet is finally living up the challenge of Zoom, which innovated very quickly during the pandemic. For a long while, we used Zoom because it was ubiquitous and most customers wanted a Zoom. We're veering back to Meet for sessions, still favoring them over Slack, which we use for internal comms.

Cons

Meet is suffering from a monstrously bad decision by Google Calendar to not include a Meet by default. If this wasn't done because of an anti-trust lawsuit, the the GCal folks are just foolish. This helped us and encouraged use of Meet, especially since I add a lot of meetings via my Apple Calendar. Meet needs to get back into those defaults, at least as a setting.

Google Meet is a Solid Alternative to Zoom

We turned to Google Meet to help us expand our virtual meeting capabilities. With the low-price Zoom offering, we quickly hit our license limit. With Google Meet, the app is included in our G Suite purchase so there was never a problem with licensing or accessing our accounts.

Pros

My colleagues began our work-from-home adventure using Zoom and quickly encountered some problems, mostly with hitting the limits of our license very quickly. We explored buying more licenses and then decided to give Google Meet a try since it's included with the purchase of the G Suite, which includes other useful tools like Google Drive and Gmail. Google Meet is easy to use, intuitive and has a great mobile app.

Cons

The only drawback to switching to Google Meet was needing to relearn some basic functions like sharing screens. Many of us spent the first six months of COVID exclusively using Zoom, so it took some time to pivot to Google Meet. That said, we're fully entrenched in Google now and like it very much. My IT guy also praises the enhanced security since our Google Meet accounts are linked with our Google Logins, which automatically include two-factor authentication.

Boring? make it excited with google meet

Excellent and easy use software which we have free of charge to cater to our meeting requirements. Recordings and sharing screens are really helpful features defined by the Google team and really helpful during the meetings. overall an excellent software which I can recommend to all the new users who is their second thought of using this amazing software

Pros

Who thought that making the video calls will be this much easy? Thank you google for giving us this opportunity and it will be really helpful to hangout with our office mates, friends, and even with professional life. No further traveling for meetings, No infrastructure requirements for the meetings. Just installed and get connected. The world will become smaller than ever expected. Thank you google for giving us this opportunity without any cost. Arranging meetings is very easy, the video quality is very much high and even the sound quality is very much high, and the minimum disturbances throughout the meetings. Since it is given as an extant ti the google Calendar any user can easily arrange hangout meetings as Calendar events and the required members very easily which I love most

Cons

it would be better if we can take notes with the google software and share the meeting summary with the participants on a real-time basis. Better if we can add personalized sound effects when chatting with the participants. even the voice can be changed. further, if we can rearrange our videos which we can share with the participants with the this they should see and shouldn't see. should have the personalized tool of settings which can be very useful to maintain the professionalism of the meeting.

Easy to use and well integrated to Gmail and google calender

I have been using Google meet for my daily meetings for more than 3 years now and with Covid situation since last year , it has greatly being used as most of the work shifted from in-office to remote working culture. Google meet has stood up the expectations like scaling or customizing some of the features so overall a great communication tool

Pros

It is well integrated with Gmail and Google Calendar so one can join a meeting in click of a button if using Gmail as business email services. Google meet has accurate caption option and is useful when meeting with non native English speaking people. Have great feature to add audio bridge automatically

Cons

Shall have an UI other than from internet browser like chrome just like skype so that it can be used as separate communication tool

I want my Google Hangouts

Google Meet solves my need to establish a connection with my colleagues and clients and hold a quick and short meetings when I know that all of the involved are comfortable with Google's platform. The tool has strong competition from other similar providers which are also offering a better and more expansive system which has some benefits for business users. I like the fact that Google is incorporating and connecting its software, so it's on one hand very easy to connect Google Calendar to this and offers some extended functionality, but at the same time you can see quite easily that those two programs are developed by completely different teams that are not thinking alike. I would love a chat buddy (AI of some sorts) to take notes on what everyone is saying during the meetings.

Pros

I adore the overall simplicity and cleanliness of the GUI. As a standard feature available with any of the tier of the new Google Workspace it is very accessible, and most of the clients I work with are already somehow connected to the Google platform, either through email or their phones. I love the option to change my GUI and have multiple screen layouts (not revolutionary, but nice to have). The fact that a shortened link is automatically created on starting a new meeting is also a deal breaker because it's very easy to communicate where to meet with the clients and coworkers. I love the fact that the Meet can create captions to be able to understand others more easily.

Cons

The nice use of white space and the emptyish GUI is also an issue somehow because some of the functionality is lacking. I would love a dedicated desktop app (like Skype, or Zoom, have) - for example to be able to share files just by drag&dropping them into the conversation windows. It would be great to be to chat with people in particular and not just the entire group all at once. Also, a fantastic option would be to be able to record the entire session.

Top-notch Video Quality

It’s a great software. The quality and features are one of the best I’ve ever experienced. It’s so easy to use even for first time users that I’ve had no complaints. I use it daily and the video quality is probably my favorite part. It doesn’t lag, it doesn’t require tons of storage space like many other software and it’s credible

Pros

I use this software for virtual meetings with my team or clients. I love that I can add a link to the attendees calendars that they can just click and join the meeting and I can also set up the meeting to send email reminders about the meeting. It integrates well with my Google calendar, so well I open the app, it shows if I have any meetings scheduled for the day. It’s easy to use and customize. You...

Cons

There is a limit of about 100 people that can join the meeting at a time which can be an issue for larger group meetings. And the backdrops are not high quality as you sometimes can see yourself fading into the background, which some clients complain about the way it makes them look.

Great for team meetings!

Overall, I do recommend Google Meet as it can be utilized by a variety of organizations, not necessarily an office. For example, if students need to meet with advisors or teachers, this is a great platform to use. Even if it is for family meetings, I think a diverse group can utilize Google Meets as this software is very easy to work with, and if needed, troubleshoot is usually easy to access.

Pros

Google Meet was a convenient way for my co-workers and I to meet during this pandemic. We held weekly meetings and for me personally, I use Google Meet twice a week for different team meetings. I love that Google Meets is a secure platform that requires a password to enter a room, as some meetings are confidential. We also have a few co-workers who are not tech savvy but due to the pandemic, they needed...

Cons

One thing that I do dislike about this software is that sometimes it glitches. For example, we utilize the "Share screen" option quite often but usually it's blurry or it freezes the Google meeting. We are still able to hear audio, but video that is being shared is affected. Luckily, this only happens once in a while and we have not found a solution to it within our office. Usually, we all just agree...

Excellent free option

We've been doing a lot of video calls throughout 2020, which was causing a rise in our price with other programs. We wanted a cheaper solution, and Google Hangouts fit the bill. I haven't noticed much of a difference because Hangouts does everything I need and want a video conference program to do.

Pros

I like how easy Hangouts is to use, plus having access to it on my phone through the app makes it very convenient. Since my company uses gmail-based email accounts and calendars, the integration for Hangouts is baked-in, which makes using it a breeze. I know our guys in accounting appreciate the price point too, which was a major reason for switching to Google Hangouts. Since it's all in-browser 9or in-app) there's nothing to download, which can confuse clients and sometimes bog down the calls. Hangouts also keep s a nice record of the conversations I've had, including the text, video, and audio conversations, which I've had to refer to from time to time.

Cons

Other programs might have more features, but honestly, Hangouts covers all of them that you might need. I really don't have a problem with it. Maybe the one issue is some clients who aren't using Gmail have had a harder time connecting, but it's not that bad nor is it very common.

Simple, free, and it works.

In short, Google Meets works. And they keep making it better. Plus, it integrates super nicely with Google Calendar too of course. Whenever scheduling a meeting, the fact that a Meet link is automatically added is great.

Pros

- I've been using Google Meet/Hangouts for years now but I have been particularly impressed with the feature additions in this past year of covid-19 and the increased demand for video-calling. They've added features that competitors have and that their users had been asking for. Additionally, there were extensions created by people for Google Meets, and seeing the demand from users for these, many of the functionalities from these browser extensions were also implemented. Examples include the tile view as well as selecting a background, adding your own, or simply blurring it. They've also added the option to raise hands, use whiteboards, and SO MUCH MORE. I love the way they have been reacting to requests.

Cons

I am a longtime user, who in the last year became a power user with multiple calls every day, and I haven't experienced a single con to report or mention.

One of the best options out there, but resource hungry

I generally prefer it over other platforms and Google services are always a guarantee, but there's still room for improvement.

Pros

The limit of 100 attendees is really generous, and it is even more if you have a business account, plus you do not need any additional software other than your browser. Only Zoom can compete with such a number in the free plan, but you need to install a dedicated program to use it and is not as stable as Google Meet.

Cons

CPU and RAM usage ramps up a lot compared to other alternatives

one of the best conferencing app's in the Market

Using a Google app is amazing especially when inviting people to join your meeting and you really don't need to explain anything to them because It's easy to use and a well-known app. I really didn't have any problem with it and I know if I had any problem Google Support is there and they will fix my problem in just a few minutes and this will help me to save a lot of time. Google Meet is an excellent option for small and big businesses and the price is great too compared to other apps.

Pros

It's very cheap because it comes with the Google G suit package and it's easy to use application with a friendly user interface. I can share my screen, especially when explained or presenting something. I can share any tips or files during the meeting with as many people as I want without any problem. Google Meet allows me to invite anyone to the meeting using just their email address (Gmail) and I...

Cons

I can't access it on other browsers because Google allows us to use it only on google chrome as a chrome extension. and I hope they will add more browsers in the future like Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge...etc.

Comprehensive Tool For video Conferencing

My overall experience with Google Meet has been a very positive one. I do use other means of collaboration with colleagues and friends however Google Meet is by far the most frequently used software I use to keep in touch. Its G Suite integration is likely the top reason I turn to Google Meet every time when I need to collaborate. Based on my user experience I highly recommend using this software.

Pros

When you need to stay in touch with collogues and employees remotely it is highly recommended that you use Google Meet. By far one of the most impressive feature of Google Meet is its ability to offer full access and integration with G Suite programs. This is a great addition to any business because it results in you saving money because using a separate video conferencing service is not necessary....

Cons

Firewall settings can affect the use of Google Meet but overall Google Meet runs smoothly without any interference.

Great for remote workers!

Google Meet is a great free video conferencing software that integrates well with Gmail and Hangouts. You can also use the software on your phone if you download the mobile app, which works just as well (if not better) than the desktop version. I love being able to quickly hit the Google Meet button on our Hangouts chat to instantly start a video call with the individuals within that chat. It's a great software for small companies looking to save money on software.

Pros

Google Meet is one of the main communication tools we use for our company. We are all remote employees, working in different states and time zones. Meet helps us keep the communication flowing and open, and have in-person meetings virtually. It's super quick and easy to use.

Cons

Google Meet can sometimes be glitchy if you don't have it set up on your computer correctly. For example, if you are joining a meeting and don't give access to your camera or microphone, you can't change those settings while the meeting is in progress (you have to exit the meeting and then dial back in). It's also crashed on us a few times as well if we have too many people join the video meeting at one time.