All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

Google Meet Reviews

Pros

I like that it is integrated with all of my Google accounts like my email, and Google Drive. I also think it does a pretty good job of managing multiple people on a call.

Nathaniel G.

Read the full review
Our experience with google meet has been great it’s just simple to use the support team is outstanding we love it.

Terry S.

Read the full review
It's pretty amazing how easy is to use. Just start a new call and that's it! the video and audio quality are off the charts.

Jorge S.

Read the full review

Cons

The flaws in the audio are even more uncomfortable, occurring in some moments glitches that can be extremely unpleasant, especially in headphones users.

Gustavo F.

Read the full review
It'll switch off audio or drop someone at random during larger group chats. It also doesn't add back group members, nor does it have any feature that tells you if your microphone setting is wrong.

Read the full review
It is a downside that you need a gmail account to use this. Some people have email accounts specific to their internet provider or they have yahoo.

Victoria K.

6,027

3,204

10,347 reviews

Google Hangouts is Questionable in Quality

Video Conference from Gmail

I use a variety of collaboration tools, but my regular go-to tool is meet.google.com. Also, since Google upgraded Hangouts to add a phone number option, it's become a possible to use with everyone, regardless of someone's firewall settings.

Pros

Hangouts Meet is already available from within Gmail. It's simple to add to a meeting invitation from Gcal or to launch for impromptu meetings from the G-Suite launchpad.

Cons

Many large organizations have firewall settings that block this tool. Also, Google definitely is no longer a privacy advocate, so be aware that your call.video is stored on one of their servers for their purposes. Finally, while this is all browser-based on Macs/PCs, it is a resource hog, but not as bad as Webex.

Pandemic accelerated Google Meet features but it is still lacking some...

Every day companion on these long days at the home office, improving a lot lately, but with room to improve further.

Pros

All-in-one with Google Workspace, easy login, connected to my calendar e-mail, good iOS app, works great on chrome. Stable even with lots of people connected with cameras on. After march/20, google speeded up the new features pace, following zoom active users boom. for a brief period o time in 2020 all enterprise only (pricy) features were open for all.

Cons

I really miss "record meetings" feature on non enterprise accounts. And the fact that you can move features up or down on products inside the google workspace subscription forces decisions to have "another" product (such as zoom) to solve your specific need, although it is a google workspace problem, not Google Meet. A better solution for dual connection (connecting smartphone and laptop browser) at the same meeting is pending, you should be able to connect as viewer only in the same way we do as presenter only.

The Fastest Online Meet Tool

I really like it. It allowed me to get on video calls with a coworker within 2 minutes of agreeing to get on a call.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to get on a video call with someone. Go to the site, hit new meeting, copy link, and send to the person. The person then only has to click the link and they're in. And of course, its all free.

Cons

It didnt work as great on firefox. But also it would be nice to have more features. Virtual backgrounds and filters, and better tiling for multiple user views. It tends to put the squares next to each other and feels like there is wasted space around it.

Hangouts- not all good

My negatives happen to be that Google hang out sometimes can be distracting especially since we have been teaching virtually and the students will you think they’re paying attention to you on zoom or whatever but they’re not because they are in Google hangouts chatting with each other. This is where I have my negativity comes in because I can’t get them out of the chats and I can’t control the chats like I would like to be able to. I don’t like to be one of those teachers that says no but they need to be focusing on me during class time and not on their Google hangouts.

Pros

I have to say I have mixed review about Google hangouts.When I first found out about the Google hangouts I was really excited about it and I introduced her to my students. It was working great they could do projects together after school they could meet each other and chat about some thing they could find out what the homework was things like that also I am it really works during the COVID-19 because they can’t get together and work next week on there but they can chat to each other on the Google hangouts. With all of that sad I am I also like to use it for my colleagues and to reach out real quick and touch base. But I guess I’ll put the negatives in the con box because I do have negatives.

I want my Google Hangouts

Google Meet solves my need to establish a connection with my colleagues and clients and hold a quick and short meetings when I know that all of the involved are comfortable with Google's platform. The tool has strong competition from other similar providers which are also offering a better and more expansive system which has some benefits for business users. I like the fact that Google is incorporating and connecting its software, so it's on one hand very easy to connect Google Calendar to this and offers some extended functionality, but at the same time you can see quite easily that those two programs are developed by completely different teams that are not thinking alike. I would love a chat buddy (AI of some sorts) to take notes on what everyone is saying during the meetings.

Pros

I adore the overall simplicity and cleanliness of the GUI. As a standard feature available with any of the tier of the new Google Workspace it is very accessible, and most of the clients I work with are already somehow connected to the Google platform, either through email or their phones. I love the option to change my GUI and have multiple screen layouts (not revolutionary, but nice to have). The fact that a shortened link is automatically created on starting a new meeting is also a deal breaker because it's very easy to communicate where to meet with the clients and coworkers. I love the fact that the Meet can create captions to be able to understand others more easily.

Cons

The nice use of white space and the emptyish GUI is also an issue somehow because some of the functionality is lacking. I would love a dedicated desktop app (like Skype, or Zoom, have) - for example to be able to share files just by drag&dropping them into the conversation windows. It would be great to be to chat with people in particular and not just the entire group all at once. Also, a fantastic option would be to be able to record the entire session.

The only way remote work has worked

We have really enjoyed it, and would recommend it to any small company, and I have even used it with my family. The deployment was tremendously easy, and we have all but given up on anything else that we use for video conferencing.

Pros

It is easy to use, and it has directly integrated with our email and calendar. This is tremendously invaluable as we have conducted our remote work all via Hangouts. About a year ago, they were lacking in some functionality, but they have made great strides.

Cons

Initially they were suffering in comparison to Zoom, and there are still some things that aren't ideal, but they have made up a lot of ground. First off was dropping the name hangouts, which was pretty much a nonstarter to use for business cases.

Best with video call

I really like using this video conference software, and participant don't even have to download and installing the software as they work on web-based. Connecting with my colleague and friend really easy and it help us to grow closer especially in this pandemic era. Overall, i really like all my experience with this software.

Pros

The best feature that i feel very helpful in this software is the video call or the video conference. It let me to have a online meeting with my team or my department especially we have to work from home nowadays. The participant can easily join the video call room by the invitation link and no password needed.

Cons

Google Meet lacks of digital whiteboard on its feature. I really need the whiteboard to assist me to have a better presentation and it also will help us when we having a online discussion for our weekly meeting. The video quality also keep dropping even when i have a stable internet connection.

good and affordable but not so great software

I love this software because the free version gives you 60mins to meet with up to 100 people.

Pros

The best thing about Google meet is that anyone who has a google email can start a meeting with up to 100 people who also Gmail accounts. The software is compatible with basically all devices hence one can access a meeting from wherever they are. As the host for a meeting one gets to mute participants in a meeting or even remove them from the meeting. The screen sharing tool makes it easy for one to make presentations in a meeting. Another main thing that I love about this software is that one is able to preview the audio and video quality of the call just before joining the meeting.

Cons

The two things that I least like about this software are that it keeps dropping the audio in a call and the fact that one needs a Gmail account in order to join a meeting.

Google Meet, a great alternative for today's conference calls

I honestly needed an alternative software for conference calls and this was a super easy to use and set up solution. I've had a google account for years for my business, and this works really well for my needs.

Pros

It is so easy to set up, and all you need is a google account, (@gmail email address). You can set up an online meeting for up to 100 participants and up to 60 minutes per meeting.

Cons

The free version does not give you a "hand raise" feature, which is really nice when there are a lot of participants. That's really my only complaint about about it.

Nothing better than Google Meet!

I love using Google Meet. I have many client sales calls and Google Meet is usually my go-to for those calls. It's much more seamless and less buggy than other solutions out there.

Pros

- Google Meet is very fast - It's easy to get set up, as long as you have a Google Account - It's free, which makes it easy to get started

Cons

- Sometimes the video goes in and out if you don't have great connection - I cannot create a google meet account which lets me into meetings from multiple Google accounts

Google Meet is a Solid Alternative to Zoom

We turned to Google Meet to help us expand our virtual meeting capabilities. With the low-price Zoom offering, we quickly hit our license limit. With Google Meet, the app is included in our G Suite purchase so there was never a problem with licensing or accessing our accounts.

Pros

My colleagues began our work-from-home adventure using Zoom and quickly encountered some problems, mostly with hitting the limits of our license very quickly. We explored buying more licenses and then decided to give Google Meet a try since it's included with the purchase of the G Suite, which includes other useful tools like Google Drive and Gmail. Google Meet is easy to use, intuitive and has a great mobile app.

Cons

The only drawback to switching to Google Meet was needing to relearn some basic functions like sharing screens. Many of us spent the first six months of COVID exclusively using Zoom, so it took some time to pivot to Google Meet. That said, we're fully entrenched in Google now and like it very much. My IT guy also praises the enhanced security since our Google Meet accounts are linked with our Google Logins, which automatically include two-factor authentication.

Boring? make it excited with google meet

Excellent and easy use software which we have free of charge to cater to our meeting requirements. Recordings and sharing screens are really helpful features defined by the Google team and really helpful during the meetings. overall an excellent software which I can recommend to all the new users who is their second thought of using this amazing software

Pros

Who thought that making the video calls will be this much easy? Thank you google for giving us this opportunity and it will be really helpful to hangout with our office mates, friends, and even with professional life. No further traveling for meetings, No infrastructure requirements for the meetings. Just installed and get connected. The world will become smaller than ever expected. Thank you google for giving us this opportunity without any cost. Arranging meetings is very easy, the video quality is very much high and even the sound quality is very much high, and the minimum disturbances throughout the meetings. Since it is given as an extant ti the google Calendar any user can easily arrange hangout meetings as Calendar events and the required members very easily which I love most

Cons

it would be better if we can take notes with the google software and share the meeting summary with the participants on a real-time basis. Better if we can add personalized sound effects when chatting with the participants. even the voice can be changed. further, if we can rearrange our videos which we can share with the participants with the this they should see and shouldn't see. should have the personalized tool of settings which can be very useful to maintain the professionalism of the meeting.

Easy to use and well integrated to Gmail and google calender

I have been using Google meet for my daily meetings for more than 3 years now and with Covid situation since last year , it has greatly being used as most of the work shifted from in-office to remote working culture. Google meet has stood up the expectations like scaling or customizing some of the features so overall a great communication tool

Pros

It is well integrated with Gmail and Google Calendar so one can join a meeting in click of a button if using Gmail as business email services. Google meet has accurate caption option and is useful when meeting with non native English speaking people. Have great feature to add audio bridge automatically

Cons

Shall have an UI other than from internet browser like chrome just like skype so that it can be used as separate communication tool

Top-notch Video Quality

It’s a great software. The quality and features are one of the best I’ve ever experienced. It’s so easy to use even for first time users that I’ve had no complaints. I use it daily and the video quality is probably my favorite part. It doesn’t lag, it doesn’t require tons of storage space like many other software and it’s credible

Pros

I use this software for virtual meetings with my team or clients. I love that I can add a link to the attendees calendars that they can just click and join the meeting and I can also set up the meeting to send email reminders about the meeting. It integrates well with my Google calendar, so well I open the app, it shows if I have any meetings scheduled for the day. It’s easy to use and customize. You...

Cons

There is a limit of about 100 people that can join the meeting at a time which can be an issue for larger group meetings. And the backdrops are not high quality as you sometimes can see yourself fading into the background, which some clients complain about the way it makes them look.

Great for team meetings!

Overall, I do recommend Google Meet as it can be utilized by a variety of organizations, not necessarily an office. For example, if students need to meet with advisors or teachers, this is a great platform to use. Even if it is for family meetings, I think a diverse group can utilize Google Meets as this software is very easy to work with, and if needed, troubleshoot is usually easy to access.

Pros

Google Meet was a convenient way for my co-workers and I to meet during this pandemic. We held weekly meetings and for me personally, I use Google Meet twice a week for different team meetings. I love that Google Meets is a secure platform that requires a password to enter a room, as some meetings are confidential. We also have a few co-workers who are not tech savvy but due to the pandemic, they needed...

Cons

One thing that I do dislike about this software is that sometimes it glitches. For example, we utilize the "Share screen" option quite often but usually it's blurry or it freezes the Google meeting. We are still able to hear audio, but video that is being shared is affected. Luckily, this only happens once in a while and we have not found a solution to it within our office. Usually, we all just agree...

Excellent free option

We've been doing a lot of video calls throughout 2020, which was causing a rise in our price with other programs. We wanted a cheaper solution, and Google Hangouts fit the bill. I haven't noticed much of a difference because Hangouts does everything I need and want a video conference program to do.

Pros

I like how easy Hangouts is to use, plus having access to it on my phone through the app makes it very convenient. Since my company uses gmail-based email accounts and calendars, the integration for Hangouts is baked-in, which makes using it a breeze. I know our guys in accounting appreciate the price point too, which was a major reason for switching to Google Hangouts. Since it's all in-browser 9or in-app) there's nothing to download, which can confuse clients and sometimes bog down the calls. Hangouts also keep s a nice record of the conversations I've had, including the text, video, and audio conversations, which I've had to refer to from time to time.

Cons

Other programs might have more features, but honestly, Hangouts covers all of them that you might need. I really don't have a problem with it. Maybe the one issue is some clients who aren't using Gmail have had a harder time connecting, but it's not that bad nor is it very common.

Simple, free, and it works.

In short, Google Meets works. And they keep making it better. Plus, it integrates super nicely with Google Calendar too of course. Whenever scheduling a meeting, the fact that a Meet link is automatically added is great.

Pros

- I've been using Google Meet/Hangouts for years now but I have been particularly impressed with the feature additions in this past year of covid-19 and the increased demand for video-calling. They've added features that competitors have and that their users had been asking for. Additionally, there were extensions created by people for Google Meets, and seeing the demand from users for these, many of the functionalities from these browser extensions were also implemented. Examples include the tile view as well as selecting a background, adding your own, or simply blurring it. They've also added the option to raise hands, use whiteboards, and SO MUCH MORE. I love the way they have been reacting to requests.

Cons

I am a longtime user, who in the last year became a power user with multiple calls every day, and I haven't experienced a single con to report or mention.

One of the best options out there, but resource hungry

I generally prefer it over other platforms and Google services are always a guarantee, but there's still room for improvement.

Pros

The limit of 100 attendees is really generous, and it is even more if you have a business account, plus you do not need any additional software other than your browser. Only Zoom can compete with such a number in the free plan, but you need to install a dedicated program to use it and is not as stable as Google Meet.

Cons

CPU and RAM usage ramps up a lot compared to other alternatives

one of the best conferencing app's in the Market

Using a Google app is amazing especially when inviting people to join your meeting and you really don't need to explain anything to them because It's easy to use and a well-known app. I really didn't have any problem with it and I know if I had any problem Google Support is there and they will fix my problem in just a few minutes and this will help me to save a lot of time. Google Meet is an excellent option for small and big businesses and the price is great too compared to other apps.

Pros

It's very cheap because it comes with the Google G suit package and it's easy to use application with a friendly user interface. I can share my screen, especially when explained or presenting something. I can share any tips or files during the meeting with as many people as I want without any problem. Google Meet allows me to invite anyone to the meeting using just their email address (Gmail) and I...

Cons

I can't access it on other browsers because Google allows us to use it only on google chrome as a chrome extension. and I hope they will add more browsers in the future like Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge...etc.

Comprehensive Tool For video Conferencing

My overall experience with Google Meet has been a very positive one. I do use other means of collaboration with colleagues and friends however Google Meet is by far the most frequently used software I use to keep in touch. Its G Suite integration is likely the top reason I turn to Google Meet every time when I need to collaborate. Based on my user experience I highly recommend using this software.

Pros

When you need to stay in touch with collogues and employees remotely it is highly recommended that you use Google Meet. By far one of the most impressive feature of Google Meet is its ability to offer full access and integration with G Suite programs. This is a great addition to any business because it results in you saving money because using a separate video conferencing service is not necessary....

Cons

Firewall settings can affect the use of Google Meet but overall Google Meet runs smoothly without any interference.

Great for remote workers!

Google Meet is a great free video conferencing software that integrates well with Gmail and Hangouts. You can also use the software on your phone if you download the mobile app, which works just as well (if not better) than the desktop version. I love being able to quickly hit the Google Meet button on our Hangouts chat to instantly start a video call with the individuals within that chat. It's a great software for small companies looking to save money on software.

Pros

Google Meet is one of the main communication tools we use for our company. We are all remote employees, working in different states and time zones. Meet helps us keep the communication flowing and open, and have in-person meetings virtually. It's super quick and easy to use.

Cons

Google Meet can sometimes be glitchy if you don't have it set up on your computer correctly. For example, if you are joining a meeting and don't give access to your camera or microphone, you can't change those settings while the meeting is in progress (you have to exit the meeting and then dial back in). It's also crashed on us a few times as well if we have too many people join the video meeting at one time.

Classic Google Simplicity & Basics

No software gets an A+ because there is always room for innovation and improvement but Meet comes very close. From adding a Google Meet video conference to a client invitation to simply joint and being on a call with the company, the ease of use is unparalleled.

Pros

I use Meet everyday both internally and externally and I do that simply because I am able to schedule and include a link to the video chat with a single click and the recipient is presentee with an invitation link with no additional steps except to join in. Ease of use is off the charts with this video conference option and I wouldn't be able to go back to another service that had so many additional steps, Clients would just opt to not show up.

Cons

The absolute only thing Google really needs to focus on improvement wise with this software is the background noise it transmits. A lost of other higher end web clients will remove background noises like interfere or echoing but I do hear it fairly often within Meet.

My virtual meeting room

Google Meet has allowed me to work with people around the world, its easy integration has made it easier for me to set up meetings, and the feature of share my screen has allowed me to hold very productive meetings.

Pros

Integration with your Google account, you can generate your virtual meeting from your email, from your calendar, etc. Screen sharing allows you to improve your presentation

Cons

It lacks some features, like being able to make notes about what you are presenting ... and the option of being able to record the meeting or part of the meeting.

Excellent for Collaborative Work

Google Meet provided an excellent experience for me, as a teacher, to be able to communicate with my students while we were all at home. It is quick and easy to set up, and no software needs to be downloaded.

Pros

As a teacher, I used Google Meet during our distance learning. It was easy for my 5th grade students to understand, and they were able to use it without any problems. I also enjoyed that I could link it with my Google Calendar and my students would receive the invite that I shared. I absolutely loved that there was no time limit on it, unlike other online video meeting software. Video was clear, and I was able to mute students who had distracting background sounds. Both students and I were able to share our screens with the group when we needed to explain something that was on our computers.

Cons

I would have loved it if there was a waiting room for the students, so that I could admit them when I was ready. I would also like if there was a background feature so that both I, and my students, could have a background that was less distracting than our rooms.

Just a few things

I use Google Meet for all my university lessons. Almost everyday of the week I have a programed meeting with Google Meet. I also use it with my partners to design our architecture project. I really like it! We used to use Zoom, because of what I said before, that the proffessor could see us while he was teaching, but my university settled something with google that allows us to use google meet without spending any money on cellullar data (GREAT). And the fact that the meeting doesn't get cut every 40 minutes also influenced A LOT.

Pros

I like the fact that it is connected with all the other google utilities. Everybody knows about it, it is easy to use, it is easy to setle a meeting with google meet. The fact that it can be connected with google calendar and gmail is a GREAT idea, I would have forgotten half of my classes if it weren't for google calendar. And would have spent too much time looking for the link, but because it is linked with the calendar, I can just enter to the Google Meet webpage and it just appears there. That was great, and all the improvements that were made in the last few weeks, great too.

Cons

There is something that REALLY throws down google meet at the time to choose it, and it is that nowadays, with the quarantine, teachers and professors had to turn to these kind of softwares to be able to give their classes. And everybody wants this online method to be as similar to normal classes as possible, so at least, when you teach, you want to be able to see who you are talking to, but when you...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.