Google Meet Logo

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

Google Meet Reviews

4.5

11.7K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.53/10

Reviews by rating

It's super easy to use and straightforward. Very intuitive interface to interact with and works like a charm.
This is a great program that allows you to truly connect with your team and friends, the price is great and free.
I love that the app runs from the browser and does not need to be installed on the PC. I also love that it does not have a time limit and is very easy to use.
I hate that when I'm presenting, I can no longer see the person I'm talking to. And I wish it automatically opened a new window rather than just a tab that can get lost if I have too many open.
I had many fake accounts from Africa try to entice me into lovers scams. Since rebranding, to Google meet it has been hacked twice this week.
I dislike seeing it when people are presenting something because it is a distraction and gets in the way of the display.

11,727 reviews

Marco Genaro P.

Founder

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Google Meet Review: The Best Tool For Meetings

Transcript

Marco G.: Hi, my name is Marco, and I'm a freelancer in marketing and advertising. I give Google Meet...

James H.

IT Manager / Web Development Manager

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Good product but wish they would implement more "Intranet" features.

Transcript

JAMES: Hi, my name's James. I'm an IT manager. This review is regarding Google Meet. I would give it...

Caroline C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent for Collaborative Work

Google Meet provided an excellent experience for me, as a teacher, to be able to communicate with my students while we were all at home. It is quick and easy to set up, and no software needs to be downloaded.

Pros

As a teacher, I used Google Meet during our distance learning. It was easy for my 5th grade students to understand, and they were able to use it without any problems. I also enjoyed that I could link it with my Google Calendar and my students would receive the invite that I shared. I absolutely loved that there was no time limit on it, unlike other online video meeting software. Video was clear, and I was able to mute students who had distracting background sounds. Both students and I were able to share our screens with the group when we needed to explain something that was on our computers.

Cons

I would have loved it if there was a waiting room for the students, so that I could admit them when I was ready. I would also like if there was a background feature so that both I, and my students, could have a background that was less distracting than our rooms.

Lum N.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

A Review From A Google Meet User

Overall, Google Meet does deliver high-quality videos and audio, giving a straightforwards user-friendly platform for everyone to use.Whether you are an individual or a business, its interface and many features make it easy to navigate. Hosting Virtual Gatherings have never been easier.

Pros

The first thing I like about Google Meet is its high quality video and audio quality. No matter where i find myself, it has never failed me when talking to my family, friends or clients. For a writer like myself who works remotely, its important to have a reassuring and reliable app that meets not just my needs, but that of my customer's too.To me, another reassuring feature is the ability to Live...

Cons

The most striking con will have to be the fact that whenever i invite people to join, when they finally get on the app and lgn, they still have to ask again before eventually joining. It would be great if they just entered the meeting with any additional hassles.

ZI

Zach I.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Google needs to make a decision

Pros

I initially installed Hangouts because it was the only way I could receive text messages inside of my office, which has terrible reception due to all of the sound insulation (we do voice recordings in-house.) It was a SAVIOR when it first came out because Google was one of the only companies supporting Wifi calling and texting. I also liked that I was able to have Hangouts to route multiple numbers (I'm in NYC and LA.) When it first came out, Hangouts was completely innovative.

Cons

Google has too many departments designing conflicting products instead of putting all hands on deck to work on one piece of software. Google Chat? Wave? Plus? Hangouts? It's insane. I pay for GoogleFi now with the express interest of using hangouts, so I can get texts on my computer. But when I try to load it on my Google Pixel, it's slow - like, "1997 loading a JPG-level" slow. I don't trust that...

JC

Juan Carlos H.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Google Meet Video Conference Successful

Google Meet is the best product for video conferencing, it is reliable, with a user-friendly interface, with valuable tools for uploading documents and multimedia. It allows us to communicate with the group we need remotely from anywhere and with excellent quality. I highly recommend it. Five stars.

Pros

It is a fantastic tool for video conferences with our study groups, family or business groups. From anywhere and in a very simple way in the scheduling of meetings. It is fast, intuitive, friendly and beautiful interface.

Cons

The only thing that the creators of the software can improve, is the loading time of the videos in the presentations, since; in some moments it slows down or loads in a time more than the estimated. Otherwise I haven't had any problems.

CH

Chris H.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Google Meet is a MUST have!

My overall experience with Google meet has been extremely positive. It’s easy to use super convenient and overall absolutely free to use.

Pros

I love the fact that it’s free it’s easy to use is good quality tons of features and it’s a great way to stay connected with my customers and my colleagues.

Cons

The only real con is if you have a bad Internet connection. It works best when you have a steady Internet connection.

Bárbara D.

E-Learning, self-employed

Google meet is easy peasy

I'm not that good at technology so the easiest tool with the best benefits will receive my attention and my money. Google Meet is easy to use in my business since I work with online classes and all my business is on the Internet.

Pros

It’s connected with my agenda, generating automatic links to my students and reducing a significant amount of my time scheduling manually.The sharing screen has improved, you can kinda see the other people AND the shared screen. This makes a huge difference at meetings.

Cons

You cannot register the chat. if you leave the call and come back again you lose the chat. Or, if you come after the meeting has started you will not see the chat. It would be great if we had a way of saving and liberating the chat for people that come after the beginning.

AI

Andrew I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Fast and easy to use

Fast, easy to use, straightforward. The fact that it runs entirely in a browser is a win since meeting participants don't have to download anything.

Pros

The integration with Google calendar is a huge win for this. being able to generate the meeting link at the same time as you send the invite is very convenient compared to other solutions. The video and audio quality generally works very well in any area we've tried it even with partners in LMICs.

Cons

Being entirely cloud based, sometimes I miss the ability to locally record or control things without needing to go into my browser.

SB

Sangita B.

Research, 1-10 employees

My number one application for online meeting

Pros

I like how easy it is to deploy and how easy and navigable the user UI is. It just is almost perfect.

Cons

Unlike some other applications you can't record the meeting with the application itself which is a bummer.

CL

Claudine L.

Design, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Google Meet is User Friendly

I recommend for sure! Google Meet is alot better than other Meeting apps.

Pros

The way you create a link for a meeting or even the way you receive an invite from the calendar is not difficult and not confusing at all.

Cons

The only thing I can comment is when you have more than 1 google account registered on your web browser, it sometimes kicks you out on your main account.

Nicky O.

Textiles, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy use with no problems

Pros

I like using Google Meet for work meetings, and also for video chatting with my son.

Cons

There’s no complaints with Google Meet at all.

Anant M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Hangouts - What better way to work from home?

Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

Pros

- If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application. - All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers. - I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups. - It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

Cons

- It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times. - It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use. - You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

MC

Mora C.

Architecture & Planning, 10,001+ employees

Just a few things

I use Google Meet for all my university lessons. Almost everyday of the week I have a programed meeting with Google Meet. I also use it with my partners to design our architecture project. I really like it! We used to use Zoom, because of what I said before, that the proffessor could see us while he was teaching, but my university settled something with google that allows us to use google meet without spending any money on cellullar data (GREAT). And the fact that the meeting doesn't get cut every 40 minutes also influenced A LOT.

Pros

I like the fact that it is connected with all the other google utilities. Everybody knows about it, it is easy to use, it is easy to setle a meeting with google meet. The fact that it can be connected with google calendar and gmail is a GREAT idea, I would have forgotten half of my classes if it weren't for google calendar. And would have spent too much time looking for the link, but because it is linked with the calendar, I can just enter to the Google Meet webpage and it just appears there. That was great, and all the improvements that were made in the last few weeks, great too.

Cons

There is something that REALLY throws down google meet at the time to choose it, and it is that nowadays, with the quarantine, teachers and professors had to turn to these kind of softwares to be able to give their classes. And everybody wants this online method to be as similar to normal classes as possible, so at least, when you teach, you want to be able to see who you are talking to, but when you...

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use and well integrated to Gmail and google calender

I have been using Google meet for my daily meetings for more than 3 years now and with Covid situation since last year , it has greatly being used as most of the work shifted from in-office to remote working culture. Google meet has stood up the expectations like scaling or customizing some of the features so overall a great communication tool

Pros

It is well integrated with Gmail and Google Calendar so one can join a meeting in click of a button if using Gmail as business email services. Google meet has accurate caption option and is useful when meeting with non native English speaking people. Have great feature to add audio bridge automatically

Cons

Shall have an UI other than from internet browser like chrome just like skype so that it can be used as separate communication tool

Eric R. B.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Google Meet is finally hitting its stride

Meet is great for screen-sharing, quick to launch and helps us with quick sidebar discussions. I like how easy it is to launch a Meet, but the recent controls update leave a lot to be desired. Simpler, please, Google.

Pros

After a window of time when Zoom dominated all of our online interactions to the point that it became a verb, Google Meet is finally coming back. While implementing a lot of good ideas from Zoom (blurred backgrounds, virtual backgrounds, easier sharing tools), Google Meet is finally living up the challenge of Zoom, which innovated very quickly during the pandemic. For a long while, we used Zoom because it was ubiquitous and most customers wanted a Zoom. We're veering back to Meet for sessions, still favoring them over Slack, which we use for internal comms.

Cons

Meet is suffering from a monstrously bad decision by Google Calendar to not include a Meet by default. If this wasn't done because of an anti-trust lawsuit, the the GCal folks are just foolish. This helped us and encouraged use of Meet, especially since I add a lot of meetings via my Apple Calendar. Meet needs to get back into those defaults, at least as a setting.

Aryan G.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Smooth, efficient and works across the internet

Overall, it has been a positive experience as it lets me work remotely, collaborate freely as well as connect with people across the globe without a worry of being present offline. Its screensharing capabilities also allow me to collaborate with my team in a good fashion.

Pros

As with all google products, google meet is extremely easy to integrate with any google workspace or popular professional software we use. Not only that, the integration is seamless and I can

Cons

The quality of the video and audio suffers sometimes on calls with more than 10 people online. It may be a network/bandwidth issue, however, I do not face anything similar on the competitor - Zoom

AO

Adam O.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

My favorite software for video meetings

Pros

Google is hands down the best alternative when it comes to video conferencing, especially if you like me are using Google Workspaces. The integration is just flawless, and it's so easy to get started. Even people outside our organization says the same when they are invited to meetings in Meet.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bitt laggy when sharing the screen and displaying videos. But I guess that concerns every other video conferencing tool out there.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Google Meet Honest review

A dependable and easy-to-use video conferencing tool, Google Meet provides a number of features to improve teamwork and productivity in meetings. It is convenient for people and organisations who already use Google services because it can be accessed from a variety of devices and seamlessly integrates with other Google tools. High-quality video and audio are provided by Google Meet, and its security...

Pros

With a straightforward interface that enables users to quickly join and begin a video conference, Google Meet is simple to set up and use. Participants can easily join from any location thanks to Google Meet's accessibility from a variety of gadgets, including desktop and laptop computers, smartphones, and tablets.

Cons

Google Meet requires a stable internet connection for optimal performance, and participants with slow or unreliable internet connections may experience lag, interruptions, or other issues during the video conference

GL

Gabriel L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Three Years of Seamless Collaboration: My Google Meet Experience

My overall experience with Google Meet has been overwhelmingly positive. Over the past three-plus years, it has consistently delivered high-quality video conferencing and screen sharing, making my work as a web programmer, UI/UX designer, and SEO specialist more efficient and engaging. The platform's user-friendliness ensures that I can focus on the content of my meetings rather than technical issues, and its seamless integration with other Google Workspace tools has streamlined my workflow. Google Meet has become an indispensable part of my professional toolkit, and I continue to rely on it for its reliability and effectiveness in connecting with clients and colleagues worldwide.

Pros

I've been utilizing Google Meet for over three years now, and I must say it has consistently proven to be an invaluable tool in my web programming, UI/UX design, and SEO specialization work. Two standout features that have had a profound impact on my workflow are video conferencing and screen sharing.Google Meet's video conferencing is exceptional. It brings the essence of face-to-face meetings right...

Cons

It will be great if users could be allowed to effect a change on a presentation been make by another person over the screen sharing. I has never been difficult for me using Google meet and integration has always been smooth.

Kristin D.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy and simple, few extras and few detractors

Integration is the key selling point for using Hangouts. I like that I can access it from anywhere, can talk to people seamlessly through multiple devices, and have search features at my disposal. Having the option to video chat and send multi-media messages is also nice (yay GIFs!). I have definitely told people they need to use it, especially if they have a gmail address. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and I think the bad is sure to be fixed.

Pros

My favorite thing about hangouts is being able to search for conversations I've had from my gmail inbox. Sometimes I will know I've talked about something but I can't remember if it was an email or a conversation, so it's nice to have everything in one place. The fact that it integrates with all the rest of Google's suite, of course.

Cons

The worst part is not being able to access pictures very easily. Other messengers, like imessage or whatsapp, for example, will collect all of the images where you can easily click on one and see everything in a conversation or click info or something like it to access all pictures at once. Hangouts has no such feature. Every time I want to look for an image in a conversation I have to google (ha)...

deba o.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Hangout with convenience and simplicity

Hangout has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. I personally prefer hangout for my instant messaging activities. Not only is the software smooth and lightweight, but it is also very easy to use as well as been quick and unproblematic. It is the epitome of messaging convenience for me.

Pros

Hangout has over the years afforded me a simple and enjoyable messaging experience with the added advantage of been able to send multimedia as well as make calls at reasonable rates to phone numbers and contacts on your Gmail account that also use hangout. I must say that the quality of hangout voice calls (paid option) is just exceptionally great. The video call is free and also nice too. You can...

Cons

I miss the SMS functionality that was previously integrated into hangout and I still wonder why it was removed! For you to really enjoy Hangout, you require a very strong internet connection otherwise it becomes a real test of your patience. I also wish there was a way to reach your contact (maybe by assigning a hangout ID phone Number) so that you can call them when they are offline. You might want to avoid sharing very sensitive data with hangout as there is serious concern over the security of files shared with others within hangout. I also think the need to have a Gmail account in order to use hangout is not pleasant. It will be better if hangout can be designed to support a number of email service providers.

Stephen Olawale j.

Construction, 1-10 employees

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

Pros

The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it. I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping...

Cons

I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Malinda S.

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

A wonderful communication tool

Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

Pros

As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts...

Cons

I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

GP

Greg P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

One Spot for all Your Voice Needs

I've used Google Hangouts predecessor, Google Voice, since it came out. I even used it with Sprint when they partnered automatic voice forwarding and using your Sprint number on Google Voice (circa ~2010). Back then, I'd often use my HP laptop's microphone array and speakers covering the width of the device to use the speakerphone. Better quality on my laptop speakerphone setup with Google Voice (later...

Pros

Google Hangouts best feature is simultaneous use on multiple platforms. I use it on Android, iOS, and a web browser simultaneously. Text messages are forwarded to all devices. Phone calls are forwarded to all devices. Moreover, I can make an outgoing call on one device then put it on hold and call someone else if I need a quick conversation. The combinations are endless.

Cons

There are features that interest me but I struggle to use. I should be able to transfer a call from one open device to another by pressing the '*' (star) button? I haven't succeeded in doing this. I should record calls through some key combination, but it doesn't work for me. Certain distinct features could be better used if there was a menu of options.

Souhil S.

Design, self-employed

one of the best conferencing app's in the Market

Using a Google app is amazing especially when inviting people to join your meeting and you really don't need to explain anything to them because It's easy to use and a well-known app. I really didn't have any problem with it and I know if I had any problem Google Support is there and they will fix my problem in just a few minutes and this will help me to save a lot of time. Google Meet is an excellent option for small and big businesses and the price is great too compared to other apps.

Pros

It's very cheap because it comes with the Google G suit package and it's easy to use application with a friendly user interface. I can share my screen, especially when explained or presenting something. I can share any tips or files during the meeting with as many people as I want without any problem. Google Meet allows me to invite anyone to the meeting using just their email address (Gmail) and I...

Cons

I can't access it on other browsers because Google allows us to use it only on google chrome as a chrome extension. and I hope they will add more browsers in the future like Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge...etc.

JC

Jenny C.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Great for team meetings!

Overall, I do recommend Google Meet as it can be utilized by a variety of organizations, not necessarily an office. For example, if students need to meet with advisors or teachers, this is a great platform to use. Even if it is for family meetings, I think a diverse group can utilize Google Meets as this software is very easy to work with, and if needed, troubleshoot is usually easy to access.

Pros

Google Meet was a convenient way for my co-workers and I to meet during this pandemic. We held weekly meetings and for me personally, I use Google Meet twice a week for different team meetings. I love that Google Meets is a secure platform that requires a password to enter a room, as some meetings are confidential. We also have a few co-workers who are not tech savvy but due to the pandemic, they needed...

Cons

One thing that I do dislike about this software is that sometimes it glitches. For example, we utilize the "Share screen" option quite often but usually it's blurry or it freezes the Google meeting. We are still able to hear audio, but video that is being shared is affected. Luckily, this only happens once in a while and we have not found a solution to it within our office. Usually, we all just agree...