Miro Logo

Miro is a visual workspace for innovation

Miro Reviews

4.7

1.5K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.89/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com

The overall experience have been great, free moving around, it feels like downloading what you want to keep and remember, and taking care of that.
Aesthetically, Miro is also just great. I love how such a simple look is still capable of so many great features.
Overall, a terrific experience that allowed our team to move ideas around in novel ways, leading to interesting new findings.
The controls are frustrating, the design is unpleasant, and we spend more time trying to figure out how to use it than we did actually collaborating.
The usability of the software is a little difficult. While it's a feature-rich program, it tried to emulate physical tools such as a white-board, but fails on several facets.
It's basically only usable when using a track pad, and even then the controls feel clunky and slow. Beyond that, the actual editing process of the pages is difficult and the menus are confusing.

1,553 reviews

Yuval P.

Head of Product

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Great whiteboarding tool for teams

Transcript

Yuval P.: Hi, my name is Yuval. I'm a product manager in the food and beverage industry, and I give Miro...

Jonathan L.

Senior designer

Design, 10,001+ employees

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Transcript

Jonathan: Hey, I'm Jonathan. I'm a senior designer. I gave Miro five out of five stars, and for more...

Andoni A.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage. It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas. It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace. I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand. Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile. Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork. In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas. I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro. Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture. I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference. It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Rachel M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Miro is the Master of Teamwork and Collaboration

We've started using Miro as a tool for brainstorming and sharing our thoughts. It's been a great way to generate ideas and make rough drafts of our projects. This method is effective because it allows us to briefly describe the benefits and drawbacks of each idea.

Pros

Online teamwork is fantastic. To let others contribute to the whiteboard, just send them an email invitation. Including people from outside the team in the project's development is beneficial. Miro is a portable and functional whiteboard app. We can now put things into some kind of order that makes sense.

Cons

Because of Miro's per-user licensing structure, everyone who wants to work together on a project must chip in. The issue is that you cannot invite individuals for the sole purpose of reading without purchasing a license for each individual user.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best way to visually collaborate with clients

Pros

It helps give us a birds eye view of the projects we are working on. That allows for clients to easily understand what we are doing and give us feedback. The ability to use colours when adding comments allows us to start associating colours with certain messages which allows one to know if there are things to be attended to with just a glance.

Cons

It tends to require a lot of CPU resources which can be an inconvenience because one tends to use it in conjunction with a design software like sketch/photoshop which also require significant CPU power.

JN

Julijana N.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Great visualization tool

Pros

Myself and the team really liked how we can put our abstract ideas into a visual. We used it mostly to brainstorm on cross collaborative and multi-stakeholder processes.

Cons

Nothing that bothered us, the features and the templates were great

Yasith P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Best online drawing tool

It's the only tool that I've enjoyed drawing online. I use it for both personal and work-related drawing. The overall experience is really positive.

Pros

It's the user experience that made me switch to Miro. The diagrams you draw look really good compared to other tools like Lucid Charts. Drawing diagrams and connecting them together is really easy compared to other tools I've used. Sharing the diagram is also easy and you can follow someone when they are explaining something on the board. I also really like the template library that they have. They also have a Mac app which I really like.

Cons

There is nothing much I don't like about Miro. It's a little expensive.

Bruna R.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Best whiteboard on the market

Pros

Miro is EASY. You can invite anyone to collaborate with a board and it will be easy - even to a person with not much contact with collaborative tools.

Cons

I don’t like how SLOW it comes when we have 20+ people working together.

FF

Friederike F.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Miro for online teaching

I switched from Google's jamboard, they recommended Miro, and I'm very pleased so far, it offers much more than jamboard!

Pros

Miro is a very versatile tool, which let's me develop graphics, take notes, work together with my student in real time etc. It's great for online lessons!

Cons

I needen a moment, to get an overview of all the features. Not everything was completely intuitive, but if you take the time to explore, you'll get the hang of it!

mi

methma i.

good onboarding

Pros

was good when cretaing grapghs and all with team sharing

Cons

honestly nothing really to tell, the user experience was ok

KD

Kate D.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great for interactivity!

Pros

Miro is great for remote teams looking for interactivity

Cons

I wish there were more pre-made templates

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great for mapping functions

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and all of the different functionality, whether it’s building out process mapping or whiteboarding it really allows me to make difficult situation more visual and manageable

Cons

The ability to save custom templates would make life so much easier. I build a template that works well for me and my team but then I have to build it out from the start every time. Would score this tool higher if it had this functionality

SM

Satya M.

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Jeremy G.

Research, self-employed

Visual thinking board

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Melissa H.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

Pros

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

Cons

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Sarah H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Collaboration and PM are easy with Miro

Miro excels in providing a framework for structuring data. Miro also makes it simple to create shared boards for group work. In my current use case, I cannot imagine a situation where Miro would be less suitable or less fit.

Pros

Miro is used in many ways in my organization, both internally and externally, and in a wide range of projects and interactions with stakeholders. We use the software for conceptualization and planning, charting the customer and partner journey, designing processes, and gathering user input. It's useful to be able to see ideas on a screen and work on them with a group of people all at once.

Cons

It may take a while to grant someone access to the board. Once or twice, someone we added to the board didn't immediately gain edit privileges, but I suspect this was due to a problem rather than a lack of features.

Laura H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Miro is a powerful collaborative tool

Being able to work in tandem with my team in real time is one of Miro's greatest strengths. As a result of being able to share my board with my team, we have been able to collaborate on ideas in real time, which has been invaluable to the success of our projects.

Pros

I've used Miro extensively, and I can attest that it's a fantastic resource for facilitating communication among groups and coordinating the development of cohesive plans. Even those who aren't particularly tech-savvy will have no trouble navigating the UI. Moreover, Miro includes a wide selection of templates and drawing tools, which I've found useful for rapidly and easily producing visualizations like diagrams, mind maps, and more.

Cons

However, I have discovered that when I have numerous people using my dashboard at once, it might become a little sluggish. But I've learned to adapt, so it hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

Maddie B.

Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 employees

Miro is a fantastic tool for team collaboration

Because of Miro, our team is now able to work together much more efficiently. It allows us to easily record our thoughts graphically and relay them to the other participants in the conference call. No longer is it necessary for us to explain obscure ideas.

Pros

Miro's user-friendliness and collaborative nature make learning about it a pleasure. Its whiteboard features are intuitive, allowing multiple team members to make changes or generate new spreadsheets at the same time with minimal effort.

Cons

The lack of a simple polling option is something I find lacking in Miro. A polling mechanism connected with charts and graphs would make updating charts and adding integer values to tables more efficient.

CF

Carl F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

This tool has so many good uses

We started playing with it for wireframes with free licenses. Then had a workshop with a customer and needed to by a couple of users and since then we haven't looked back. We use it a lot.

Pros

Easy to invite free users to a workshop/session and it is so easy for them to participate and contribute. Totally hassle free to start working with. And the use cases are so many. We do a lot of SCRUM meetings. We do wireframes, brainstorming, workshops, idea management and more.

Cons

Tried doing a Product Roadmap and it is very visible but a hassle to do and update so I don't use it for that anymore.

Katrina V.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Miro solves our need for a single project collaboration platform

The updates and integrations that Miro consistently rolls out only serve to improve the user experience. Together with my colleagues, I use it all the time to visually prototype ideas, train and educate, and plot our future moves.

Pros

Miro can adapt to nearly any circumstance and is very user-friendly. It doesn't restrict your innovative process and is simple to communicate to coworkers. With Miro, we now have a central hub for cross-departmental brainstorming and project development. This facilitates better content management and comprehension.

Cons

I feel like I'm only using a small portion of the capabilities, the price is a little high, and the board organization is terrible, so I often wonder whether a cheaper, simpler solution might suffice.

Syamir K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Flexible digital whiteboard

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

NN

Nigel N.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Miro Review

Migrating the team from Visio and Edraw was easy as the user interface was very intuitive. I have also used Lucid in the past and am happy to say there is little chance I will ever leave Miro

Pros

Miro provides me with a unique feature set that is difficult to find packaged as one product. I like that the ability to move around sets of a diagram and Miro will automatically adjust everything to fit in frame,

Cons

There are some features that I may never use and would like if I could pay less as I don't use it, however I think Miro is very reasonably priced so not a deal breaker.

Francisco R.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Solution for brainstorming and great useful tool for group projects.

By displaying all of the possibilities and ideas on a clear whiteboard, I am able to have a better grasp of the study and determine a path for the project. Having a Miro board facilitates teamwork since collaborations in Miro provide various benefits by offering feedback during brainstorming, and Miro's rapid reaction during collaborations aids us in this process. Miro is what I use for group projects and presentations, especially mind mapping and information collecting on a collaborative whiteboard.

Pros

Miro is usually the ideal choice for my brainstorming and research sessions, with a highly user-friendly interface and enough of area for thoughts. I also like the process in Miro, as well as the templates and possibilities it provides. I enjoy the amount of information you can maintain on the board; the board provides a nice overview and makes group work easier; sticky notes and frames are particularly useful. It's fantastic to be able to design dashboards that aggregate all of the information, allowing you to view the large picture while focusing on the minutiae.

Cons

Research category divides within a dashboard should be more defined, and frames may include more color options or their own identities. Miro might also provide better tools for exporting individual notes or references. Text boxes only allow for a limited amount of text; occasionally more than bullets are required, and it would be ideal if the text box could store an entire A4 page of text; it is hard to utilize earlier boards since active boards are restricted.

Marlyn G.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Miro - Nice visualization and collaboration tool

We use Miro in my team to dynamically participate, brainstorm and work on ideas in a fluid and interctive way. Integrations with other plugins and tools also enhance the experience, allowing us to centralize our activities on one platform. And when it comes to ideating, drag and drop functionality and schematic elements remove any technical limitations, giving you the freedom to think creatively.

Pros

I have been using Miro and it has been quite an intuitive and versatile tool for my team, whether small or large. The platform is easy to navigate, and the free templates really help us get started with brainstorming sessions, meetings, and discussions. Since we introduced Miro into our workflow everyone has found it easy to use, what sets Miro apart for me is the real time collabortion feature.

Cons

I really don't have any point at the moment.

Beth W N.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Miro is a robust workspace for uniting teams during projects.

Using Miro has been a journey full of success and our investment on this product is bearing us great fruits. We have been able to develop a very productive culture of working on and managing our projects. With Miro, we are able to visualize our work when developing games and this helps us get focused on building very effective and well designed games for our projects.

Pros

Miro unites us when at our workplace by giving us an excellent shared workspace where we collaborate on our games development projects. It also allows us to have clear visualization of the entire games development cycle from planning to the final product. We love using it as it help us organize and plan our work using gantt charts, flowcharts and other product maps. We mainly benefit by staying committed and focused on the right and most important work. It gives us easy to use dashboards where we are able to visualize all our tasks by drawing diagrams to represent them.

Cons

Miro interface is a little complicated and we actually struggled a bit to understand it. But we are glad how the support team took us through the entire journey and they made everything get easier for us.

Gonzalo P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The most versatile board tool

The entire team has been using Miro for over a year, it has been the number 1 solution for our planning processes. It is ideal to show the team in a more visual and orderly way, everything planned, analyzed and executed. We use it a lot for brainstorming. His post-its and the ability to collaborate in real time make the job much easier.

Pros

Miro is an extremely versatile tool, in it you can do almost anything you can think of. Its board is functional for multiple needs, almost infinite I would say. But the most important thing and what most represents a difference in Miro over other platforms is its community and the support for it. Miro allows the community to create open and free templates for anyone who needs it, in addition to the official ones provided by Miro.

Cons

Miro is not particularly cheap, especially for large work teams. Its free version only allows 3 boards per user, and its paid version charges per user, not per group. In addition, the free version does not allow outstanding features such as voting, timers, board history, among others.

Njoki W.

Printing, 201-500 employees

The power of collaboration, work planning and management lies in Miro.

Miro's gain has been incomparable with the misses. With Miro, we have been able to achieve a successful workspace where we can collaborate on our work as a team, plan our work and visualize how we are progressing with the work. With Miro, we are ensuring that every project we have is completed within the right timelines and everyone is involved in the project.

Pros

There is a lot more that we are able to do with Miro from collaboration, planning and organizing our work, mapping and visualizing our work and much more and this allowed us to reduce the number of products we are having at our infrastructure since we solving multiple problems with just one product. Miro allow us to strategize our work and lay straightforward plans using Gantt chart to direct us on how to go about it. Also, it helps us to map our projects in terms of flowcharts and diagrams for better understanding of how we are supposed to have a systematic flow of work delivery.

Cons

It being a robust product with multiple functions in it, sometimes it get a little confusing on which features you are supposed to choose for your work.