Smallpdf Logo

PDF document management and conversion suite

Smallpdf Reviews

Suggested alternatives

jotform-4-0
abbyy-finereader
docusign

I love the convenience and ease of using this app. I generate recipes and training sheets for my clients and this is one of the best ways to free up storage space on your pc.
This is a wonderful app for all PDF related requirements. I am completely happy with it.
Overall, it is a good program, that I total recommend, easy to use and good features.
Maybe I missed it but I couldn't upload my fonts which made it difficult when my invoice uses a particular one.
I am often stuck with editing PDF files, this is my first and only pit stop for the task.
It almost has too much to offer. You really have to pay attention to the program.

Kelsey C.

Marketing Specialist

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Smallpdf

Transcript

Kelsey G.: Hi, I'm Kelsey. I'm a marketing specialist. I rate Smallpdf a four out of five stars. And...

Brooke W.

Head of Marketing

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Easily arrange PDF files

Transcript

Brooke W.: Hi, my name is Brooke. I'm the director of customer success. I would give Smallpdf a five...

Eino N I.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Select your doc and let magic to make

Smallpdf is a fantastic platform that offers a simple, speedy, and efficient solution to various PDF-related problems. Its user-friendly interface and the wide range of tools make it the perfect choice for anyone who works with PDF files

Pros

Smallpdf is an online platform that provides an efficient and easy-to-use solution to several PDF-related problems. The website offers an array of tools that makeit incredibly convenient to work with PDFs, whether you need to convert, compress, merge, or edit them.One of the best features of Smallpdf is its simplicity. Even users who are not tech-savvy can easily navigate through the websitemanipulating...

Cons

One slight downside of Smallpdf is that the free version has size and file number limitations. For heavy users, the pro version is available at an affordable price, which unlocks even more features.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Free pdf editor for merging and compressing pdf files.

Pros

The main advantage of smallpdf is that it provides the Adobe PDF Premium features like merging pdf files, compressing pdf files, and converting pdf files to doc files for free. Also it works really well on a web browser.

Cons

Smallpdf is not advanced enough to replace Adobe. The UI is basic and does not give a seamless feel to read pdf files. Also, the pdf to doc conversion lacks advanced features like AI support.

Tarek B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

A lightweight online tool to reduce your files and upload them worry free

My experience with SmallPDF is very positive, where It meets exactly what I want to achieve. Compressing large PDF files is crucial today in a post pandemic and highly connected world. Optimizing the internet connection bandwidth through reducing our document's files is the best way to save time, size, and storage capacity.

Pros

It offers exactly what I need in terms of file compression and ability to share them on internet. The quality is preserved and the documents are smoothly shared without having to worry about the large PDF sized preventing the sending by email or the conditional uploading to a size limit.

Cons

The free version of this online tool is available and offers a limited number of services, unless you go for the paid version, but for the corporate entities or people with high requirement of using large size PDF files, it is definitely worth the investment to use this lightweight tool.

Hi Tarek! Thank you so much for your review. Please do not hesitate to reach out via support@smallpdf.com if you have further comments or feature requests.

Elif Ü.

Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 employees

Functional and practical

Small pdf is a time and energy saver. We use it for e-signing, merging documents, converting sth to sth. Thanks to Small pdf, I don't have to print a document to sign it. I am helping the environment, if you look at it that way. I am very happy to use it.

Pros

It has a very clear interface. Very easy to use. Super practical.

Cons

They required payment details for even free trial. But It is okay for me.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

A good PDF editor

Pros

Recommended PDF editor, easily edit your PDF file with various functionalities such as convert, merge, edit etc

Cons

Lack of certain features such as mobile app

Mazidul Islam M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

It is a very good solution to edit pdf files

It is lightweight and easy to use. It is a user-friendly software.

Pros

The best part is, it has Mobile version, Desktop verson and web extension verson. It is very good to use and very much user friendly. I can edit and compress my pdf file with it.

Cons

In my opinion, they should consider incorporating additional features, like an expanded selection of signature templates and enhanced customization options.

HD

Heidelyn D.

Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 employees

Smallpdf is a big help

I love using this product. Its secure and protect your data.

Pros

I like the most is all of the options smallpdf have. Very Nice and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing. All of the options in smallpdf very good.

AF

Ahmet Furkan H.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

SmallPDF is very useful for the convertions

Pros

I like mostly converting to PDF features. If I need a conversion of the PDF, I always choose to SmallPDF. Even if you are not premium you can handle your job easily.

Cons

I don't have any that I like least about Smallpdf

RG

Ruben G.

Real Estate, self-employed

Helps with all PDF management

Pros

Love that this system is super easy to use. Able to merge and adjust pdf.

Cons

Free trial only allowed limited pdf merging and adjustments

TO

Thomas O.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Outstanding

Pros

Ease of use is outstanding. UI is helpful to make pdf conversions look clean.

Cons

Cloud data storage would be a good option.

MN

Maciej N.

Financial Services, self-employed

Great PDF editor for professionals

I am using SmallPDF in my daily work and it helps me to do it much faster than with other tools.

Pros

Small PDF is constantly evolving and adding new features. I work with many documents and SmallPDF is the most used app for PDF compression, merging and splitting.

Cons

The desktop app have many features of the web app, but not all of them. Would love to see them all in the desktop app.

jK

jawad K.

Hospitality, self-employed

User friendly pdf main focus

great and would not use adobe again because it's not the standard

Pros

It has a singular focus with such detail and ease to a PDF itself. Easy to store documents, digitally sign them and organize them

Cons

Its free with not so many cool features and with them they're 10 bucks a month fort pdfs and even though I like them better than adobe not more expensive then my delivery

TC

Tara C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trusted and reliable based PDF software

Smallpdf solves several business problems, including document editing, conversion, compression, eSignatures, and PDF security. Smallpdf allows businesses to speed up their workflow and ensure the accuracy of their work. The benefits companies have realized through the use of Smallpdf include faster document processing, improved security, and lower costs associated with document storage and printing.

Pros

Features that are most impactful in smallpdf include users can easily convert, compress, merge, unlock, sign, and protect PDF files from within the platform, Editing Tools, Security, and Collaboration Tools. The product is straightforward and user-friendly to use. The platform is also very intuitive and requires minimal technical knowledge to get the hang of it. Integration with existing business processes is straightforward, and the platform makes it easy to connect with other services.

Cons

One feature missing from SmallPDF is the ability to add watermarks to PDFs. The ability to combine multiple PDF documents into a single document could be improved by adding a drag-and-drop feature for more intuitive file organization. The user interface can be a bit clunky and difficult to navigate, making it difficult for new users to get accustomed to the product. Integration with existing business processes can be tricky as SmallPDF does not directly integrate with many popular business applications. However, it does offer integration with services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box.

BT

Bhushan T.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Best online PDF editor

There are both free and paid options available through Smallpdf, depending on the tool and the size of the file. The free version has some limitations, including maximum file size and a daily file limit. Smallpdf's paid plans provide additional features, higher limits, and the ability to work with larger files.Overall, Smallpdf is a useful tool for anyone who works with PDF files and needs a quick and easy way to perform common tasks.

Pros

Easily compress, merge, split, convert, and edit PDF files online without installing or downloading.With a simple and intuitive interface, the tool is designed to be user-friendly and efficient.

Cons

as it online tool always depends on internet connectivity, and data loss but these are not big concerns, limitation on free plan.

RV

Raymond V.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Smallpdf Review

Overall, I am satisfied with the Smallpdf as it allows me to perform the basic functions required in our daily transactions. It is a good program, that I totally recommend, easy to use and has good features.

Pros

What I like the most about Smallpdf is that is a wonderful tool for whatever type of alteration you need to make to a pdf document. It might involve revising, merging, or signing. Everything is quick and simple to do. With a few clicks, simply upload the file and make the necessary change

Cons

Although I haven't yet seen any significant problems with Smallpdf, it is somewhat pricey when compared to alternative programs. Despite not having an OCR feature, Smallpdf is one of the best applications for managing and modifying pdf files.

Talib J.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

One of the best tools around, highly recommned

The benefits of this tool is that my overall productivity has been increased by the fact that I can use this tool very quickly and effectively to convert CVs from PDF to Word to allow me to edit them. It's so easy to use that the rest of my team also use this tool on a daily basis

Pros

The pricing of this software makes it incredibly attractive. The low cost means that we can have unlimited usage of something that me and my team use every single day is highly critical to our work

Cons

There is not much to like apart from the fact that some documents are sometimes not recognised by the software tool but this happens very infrequently and has little no impact on my job

WV

Will V.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Great way to merge PDFs into one readable PDF

Overall, we used smallpdf for years and typically in the easiest feature pdf merging. We still like it and use it on a daily basis.

Pros

Before we found Smallpdf we had a hard time getting all the PDFs together for the doctors to read. Now all we have to do is open smallpdf and drag and drop and we now only have to deal with one easy to read doc.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of the pricing. I know they have to make money and that most businesses can easily pay for such a service. But even if you do pay, you may not get all the features unless you pay more. Should be one flat rate fee for all the features and be done.

KP

Kamlesh P.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Simple and quick PDF editing tool

We use SmallPDF big time to manage our course content. It allows us to organize and manage question papers, learning material and class notes easily

Pros

It allows easy upload and splitting, merging and intermixing of PDF documents. It also allows to drag and drop PDFs. It has cross platform support. It ensures security so that confidential document content isn't leaked out unintentionally over public cloud

Cons

It has a limited free tier version and limits features and document sizes.

Signe J.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

SmallPDF makes my life easier

SmallPDF is a lifesaver when it comes to creating, compressing, and editing PDFs. I highly recommend it!

Pros

I love SmallPDF! It has so many capabilities. It compresses large PDFs so I can attach them to emails. It allows me to combine several PDFs into a single file. It also lets me to take a few pages out of a PDF and create a shorter file. (For instance, just pulling out the 2-3 most important pages of a 20-page document so the user doesn't have to skim/scroll to find the key material.) All of this saves time and improves efficiency/productivity. This tool has eliminated so much PDF-related frustration!

Cons

If you use the free plan, there are limits to how many files you can process per day. If your needs are limited, however, the free plan will easily meet your needs. If you do a lot of work with PDFs, however, the Pro plan will make more sense -- it's pretty inexpensive, you'll have full access to a wider set of tools, and there aren't any limits on how many documents you can process.

Olga B.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Just Splendid!

It is just splendid! Easy to use, easy to activate, easy to buy, easy to find any function or option you are desperate about. Applicable, time and energy saving tool, almost flawless. However billing system is usually only pre-scheduled, but nowadays all companies work like that. It is powerful and even has Android and iOS Apps. Keep progressing, guys! Make your software more powerful! (Hint: I desperately need Handwriting OCR tool and Funny Fonts OCR tool).

Pros

When I just started my tutoring career of TOEFL Coach, I had to create lots of learning plans, learning programs, placement tests, studying progress tests. Besides, I had to prepare for every lesson lots of mind cards, flashcards, worksheets, slides, presentations, bullet lists. I desperately needed to convert files into pdf or doc, add images or extract them, compress files and use OCR function....

Cons

The OCR function is not really flawless. It needs to be improved. Besides, there are no PC versions for any Linux releases such as Ubuntu, Fedora or Debian.

SR

Sao R.

Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Powerhouse

When i used to be in hurry, instead of opting for other software on my computer, i simply use smallpdf as it is user-friendly and can also be use easily on a smartphone.

Pros

Compressing FilesMerging files for those who do not have the appropriate softwareEasily converting file typesProtecting files with passwords if you do not have the appropriate software

Cons

Sometimes it gets stuck in the mid of work or else everything is just fine.

KJ

Kaychelle Joy C.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Smallpdf review

You have all the editing options available. If you want to edit in your pdf file, be it a signature, text change, watermark, page numbers, fonts and anything, you are at the right place.

Pros

I am a teacher and sometimes converting a pdf to word os a must for me especially when the pdf is long. Thus, this smallpdf app is a great help to this and I have been using this to convert files and I must say, it's very easy and accurate.

Cons

The company just needs to work a little more on the calibration of the cursor and reduce the sensitivity.

Logan H.

Human Resources, 501-1,000 employees

a necessary tool for my work

Pros

I have made my job easier since I met Smallpdf, because its conversion processes from other files to pdf are very easy to do, it doesn't take a lot of time and they are very useful in my work and even in my personal life, also the other option that I like Arto is when the file is too big and I can also compress it very easily

Cons

In all the functions that I have used they have worked correctly without failures, I have liked everything

Shirley "Sokes" Y.

Real Estate, self-employed

Life and time saver

An indispensable tool that I use daily to compress and attached PDFs to emails. Other similar PDF compression tools can't even come close to how excellent Smallpdf. Use this tool now!!

Pros

Smallpdf is an incredible easy to use tool that no one should be without. An absolute essential if you work with PDFs. Drag and drop and watch large sized PDFs magically compress to a fraction of its original size. There's no other PDF converting software that's as simple, safe and easy to use at Smallpdf. The Chrome widget is another great feature, though the most useful is the Gmail integration.

Cons

All good things need to come to some type of end, what was once a free tool now requires a subscription, thought it's money well spent.

RC

Reshmi C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Worth the money and makes my job easier

As a software engineer, I have to work with many documents every day. Therefore it's great to have a software with which I can easily edit documents as needed. It has all the tools that I require daily. Using it is easy and instinctive. I also like its widget. Also helps in managing all the documents in one place.

Pros

The electronic signature along with the merge and compression tools are my favourite features. The procedure to add signatures is easy. This makes my job easier since I don't need to physically sign the documents and scan them. Also, many websites require documents of a particular size and it's also easier to send smaller sized documents. The compression tool is pretty handy for that. Along with this, I can merge multiple documents to get 1 final pdf, and if needed rearrange the documents with the merging tool.

Cons

I don't think there are big cons for this software. The only minor issue I might have is the number of fonts in this software. I think they can increase the number of fonts, though the current ones are enough for me.