Smallpdf

PDF document management and conversion suite

Smallpdf Reviews

Pros

I love the convenience and ease of using this app. I generate recipes and training sheets for my clients and this is one of the best ways to free up storage space on your pc.

Latoya B.

This is a wonderful app for all PDF related requirements. I am completely happy with it.

Vijendr W.

Overall, it is a good program, that I total recommend, easy to use and good features.

Antonia Virginia B.

Cons

Maybe I missed it but I couldn't upload my fonts which made it difficult when my invoice uses a particular one.

Alicia W.

I am often stuck with editing PDF files, this is my first and only pit stop for the task.

Mayank S.

It almost has too much to offer. You really have to pay attention to the program.

Melanie A.

A wide range of tools on a website that is more attractive than peers

An attractive website that offers simple PDF tools I need to do my work.

Pros

I love the wide variety of PDF tools the website offers, including conversions, cropping, merging, and splitting. I have used many different peer websites and think that Small pdf has the most attractive-looking website.

Cons

I think that the paid version is more expensive than peers. I wish more free tool uses were allowed before switching to the paid version.

Great PDF editor for professionals

I am using SmallPDF in my daily work and it helps me to do it much faster than with other tools.

Pros

Small PDF is constantly evolving and adding new features. I work with many documents and SmallPDF is the most used app for PDF compression, merging and splitting.

Cons

The desktop app have many features of the web app, but not all of them. Would love to see them all in the desktop app.

One of the best tools around, highly recommned

The benefits of this tool is that my overall productivity has been increased by the fact that I can use this tool very quickly and effectively to convert CVs from PDF to Word to allow me to edit them. It's so easy to use that the rest of my team also use this tool on a daily basis

Pros

The pricing of this software makes it incredibly attractive. The low cost means that we can have unlimited usage of something that me and my team use every single day is highly critical to our work

Cons

There is not much to like apart from the fact that some documents are sometimes not recognised by the software tool but this happens very infrequently and has little no impact on my job

Document converting with small PDF

Good to convert any kind of document to PDF or PDF to any kind of other document.It takes very little time to convert those documents and It's my choice when i need to convert any kind of document to PDF

Pros

This is very much helpful to convert any type of document in to pdf within seconds. It gives very clear user experience and anyone can do their document converting tasks using this website or chrome extension.

Cons

When I goes to convert PDF to word it convert the font style of the PDF into another type of font styles in some places.

Hi there, that doesn't sound right! Can you give us more information at support@smallpdf.com so that we can investigate?

Smallpdf use in college students

im a 22 years old medicine student, im currently at my fourth year and i can assure that every college student reads a lot and requires too much pdf`s, imagine in medicine, all my books are on pdf`s, this app is a great tool for all the students, its pretty much a relief in our day to day chores

Pros

It is so easy and accesible, you dont need any type of special knowledge to use this app, that is something that helps a lot, it dont uses too much storage so you dont have to worry about that and the design of the app looks pretty good

Cons

sometimes you can save a pdf and dont even know where it is, its just a matter of configuration in the app so you can select where do you want them to store

This is a great innovation to read PDF. Honestly it will change your thoughts about PDF reading.

Small pdf is a compact sized pdf viewer. It can compress your pdf size to 90% or lesser. Mainly I can say it is all in one application to use. Try it and it will change your thoughts about pdf reading. This really convenient. Ill recommend everyone to use at least once. Happy reading.

Pros

It can compress the pdf size to 90% or lesser as we can read or keep more pdfs in our stock. Also it can convert,marge and edit the document in one hand. This is really a compact application to daily use.

Cons

The interface of the apps should be improved. It is in pristine condition but need to upgrade more.

Smallpdf is great! Totally worth the annual subscription.

Pros

It was so easy to make changes on the pdf and I appreciated the tool options. The price point was a no brainer pitch.

Cons

Enjoy the reliability of a software that facilitates procedures and compatibility

The quarentine made even more obvious for me how useful the electronic signature and the file type conversion are, proving that working remotely, even without internet connection isn't an issue thanks to Smallpdf.

Pros

Smallpdf is reliable, practical and resourceful. It runs on any explorer, phone or tablet as an extension or as an app, which guarantees a very desireable deployment. This software fulfills perfectly its purpose, given that the document management is user-intuitive, efficient and straightforward. I would like to highlight that working on a pdf format is completely accesible due to the provided option to edit.

Cons

Small pdf doesn't count with document indexing, assembly, retention and archiving.

Convert a document to pdf....no problem

Iam a student and often I need to write and send my documents to my university, but the document should be in PDF format. So Smallpdf is the best solution for it. I recommend it to everybody.

Pros

The Website is really easy to use, it really does its job, I don't want to pay Microsoft Office for the option for converting docx to pdf, and I found this solution, I use the website every week and never had any issue.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long time to convert a document.

Smallpdf Review

This software greatly facilitates my work in organizing files in terms of editing pdf files

Pros

This software is very easy to use and can be accessed online. Uploading files is also quite easy and doesn't take a long time

Cons

There are some features that can only be accessed with a premium account. To be able to open access, then we have to pay

Hatte einiges getestet

Ich war vom Support mega überrascht. Habe selten so ein schnelles feedback bekommen, zudem flexibel und human. TOP. Die Seite funktioniert super praktisch und unkompliziert. Habe wirklich einiges verglichen vorher - auch die teure Konkurrenz von Adobe endgeldlich getestet, fand aber das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis bei small pdf weitaus besser. Viele Anbieter sehe ich als beabsichtigt einschränkend, für...

Pros

Super unkompliziert gestaltet. Oberfläche versteht wirklich jeder und es gab keine Funktion, welche ich vermisst hätte.

Cons

Bei mir hat alles gut funktioniert und ich hatte keine Störungen. Die Unterschriftfunktion ist super, die Unterschriften könnten dennoch etwas zierlicher oder feiner sein - gerade bei wichtigen Dokumenten empfehlenswert.

I LOVE smallpdf! What a great tool for pdf users.

This is a great suite of products that makes document management so easy.

Pros

This software is SO quick and easy to use online. I produce a lot of pdf's for work that need to be emailed out. By compressing the pdf's through smallpdf, they are smaller and faster to send. It uses a simple drag and drop interface and then can be downloaded for distribution. Documents can be uploaded from your pc, but also Dropbox and Google Drive. A graphic designer I know did not believe that...

Cons

The free version only allows for 2 compression uses per hour. This is the same for other functions. It is workable, though.

Do what you desire to any document!

Apart from the arabic text issue, which i find alternative ways to get done. Smallpdf has never disappointed regardless of the task, whether it be converting word to pdf, or vice versa, jpeg to pdf or vice versa, merging pdfs or compressing. It does a great job with just a few clicks.

Pros

Over the years they have made smallpdf more easier to use. With the recent update to the website, the look and feel of the website is great. Everything is well categorized and the best thing is the drag and drop feature. I mostly use the PDF conversion tools and the PDF compression tools. Any document related issue, smallPDF is my go to website

Cons

When converting documents with different language, Arabic in my case, small pdf messes up the whole document. The text doesnt make sense, the alignment is all off.

The greatest PDF tool software out there.

Smallpdf has been a handy tool to convert Microsoft Office files to PDF, as the current export option highly reduces image quality, and to compress files that are quite heavy. My company publish a monthly catalog which is usually two or three heavy files, where I need to not just join these files but also heavily compress them and Smallpdf does it perfecly.

Pros

Smallpdf is a complete solution for PDF files, being the most popular one the possibility to convert these to Microsoft Office files or images (and vice versa). They also offer some editing tools, such as being able to merge or split different files, rotate them and even signing or unlocking files. Also, the compress tool is shockingly effective, reducing some files sizes by 90% with a barely noticeable loss on quality. They also offer a desktop solution that is completely offline, being a lot cheaper than other tools in the market.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is the lack of prepaid options. While it is possible to do two operations each hour for free, I can't justify paying a monthly fee when I may only need to convert no more than ten files weekly.

Excellent Alternative!

This is a suitable and viable alternative to Adobe. It offers a range of functionality at a reasonable cost and a high level of efficiency--as long as one can look beyond the primitive interface.

Pros

SmallPDF provides users with exceptional levels of functionality and speed if the Adobe client is not available or purchased. It offers a range of conversions and compression possibilities.

Cons

SmallPDF does have some aesthetic drawbacks, as it appears to be a bit primitive. It also requires quite a bit of dragging, dropping, and clicking to accomplish tasks.

Definetly one of the best PDF software I have ever used

Small pdf is significantly cheaper than it's competitors and offers a quality product that is second to none, it is an incredible tool and has been amazing every since we started using it. I truly recommend it.

Pros

Ever since I used the free version in small pdf website I was convinced that this was one of the best pdf softwares available and I was totally right, it has every possible tools and gadgets for pdf editing and it is incredibly easy, its conversions are top notch and most of all it is really fast for pdf reading.

Cons

Something I really don't like about smallpdf is how limited the free version is on its website, you can convert only two files an hour, it almost convinced me not to buy it (but thanks god I did)

Best PDF software I have ever used

I can't tell you enough how much I love this software, it has truly been a gamechanger for me, even for someone who doesn't want to pay for the software (even though is really cheap) its free version is amazing for pdf reading.

Pros

SmallPDF is the best pdf software ever, it is extremely easy to use for pdf converting or editing, it comes with every tool you might possibly need for working with pdfs and best of all at a really reasonable price, it is the whole package.

Cons

The only issue I might have with smallpdf (but that I really understand) is the fact that when working with large files the conversion process can take a long time. Also opening the software can take a longer time than with other ones.

Just Splendid!

It is just splendid! Easy to use, easy to activate, easy to buy, easy to find any function or option you are desperate about. Applicable, time and energy saving tool, almost flawless. However billing system is usually only pre-scheduled, but nowadays all companies work like that. It is powerful and even has Android and iOS Apps. Keep progressing, guys! Make your software more powerful! (Hint: I desperately need Handwriting OCR tool and Funny Fonts OCR tool).

Pros

When I just started my tutoring career of TOEFL Coach, I had to create lots of learning plans, learning programs, placement tests, studying progress tests. Besides, I had to prepare for every lesson lots of mind cards, flashcards, worksheets, slides, presentations, bullet lists. I desperately needed to convert files into pdf or doc, add images or extract them, compress files and use OCR function....

Cons

The OCR function is not really flawless. It needs to be improved. Besides, there are no PC versions for any Linux releases such as Ubuntu, Fedora or Debian.

The Substitute that shows its better than the main one

I have a great experience and recommed for anyone searching for a PDF solution.

Pros

Small PDF shows that, even been free, you can have a good quality software. And the best part is: Its online! although the online software have some problems with too much ads, the software compensates by not charging anything for most of the functions. 99% of the things you have to do daily, Small PDF can solve for free. The best part is, for what this software does for free and with high quality, Adobe charges a LOT.

Cons

Too much ads on the online plataform. Sometimes the online processing of the PDF takes too long.

SmallPDF is one of the best tools we have ever discovered. We use it daily. It is great!

Pros

There are so many functions. We can convert Word, Excel, Powerpoint and JPG files to PDF and convert a PDF file to those formats. We mostly use SmallPDF to compress files. This is a great help when storage space is limited in some of the apps we use. We can also split, edit, rotate and eSign a PDF file.

Cons

I love everything about this tool, but there is one thing I would like to change. If a file is the smallest size after merging or converting and then compressing the file, we receive a message stating that the file cannot be compressed to a smaller size but we are not given the option to download the merged or converted file.

compress your PDF files to the maximum

smallpdf I met him in a casual way once I was doing postgraduate studies. On that occasion I did a job in pdf which contained images I weigh a lot more than allowed to attach to my mail, and looking in several forums to get to smalpdf and really was an incredible utility as it decreased the weight to half and still it looked very good. Truly one of the best tools to reduce the weight of pdf files.

Pros

smallpdf is practically the same as the other similar programs that exist of this type, performs the same processes and in the same way being very easy to use (and with a very friendly environment), giving the options of cutting and pasting pdf, converting files pdf to other formats (word, excel. ppt jpeg), as well as to transform the files to pdf, number pages and in itself, all the same functions that the other programs have. However, it has a great advantage, and that is that the processing done to reduce the weight of the pdf files is really very good, since not only does this decrease, but it also maintains the resolution of the file as much as possible.

Cons

it does not have anything in particular that needs to improve or that it is a disgrace compared to other similar programs.

Life and time saver

An indispensable tool that I use daily to compress and attached PDFs to emails. Other similar PDF compression tools can't even come close to how excellent Smallpdf. Use this tool now!!

Pros

Smallpdf is an incredible easy to use tool that no one should be without. An absolute essential if you work with PDFs. Drag and drop and watch large sized PDFs magically compress to a fraction of its original size. There's no other PDF converting software that's as simple, safe and easy to use at Smallpdf. The Chrome widget is another great feature, though the most useful is the Gmail integration.

Cons

All good things need to come to some type of end, what was once a free tool now requires a subscription, thought it's money well spent.

The pdf solution you've been missing plus its web-based and freemium

Quick , easy, flexible and freemium. If you are dealing with pdfs this is your solution.

Pros

SmalPdf is my secret weapon. No one in my office knows how to change file types - they ask me to do it, I go to Small pdf and in minutes it is done. It is very user-friendly, always faithful conversions. It is especially useful when you get an online pdf form that you are expected to print-fill in by hand-scan-send - nope, no one has time for that. Just turn it into a word doc with smallpdf, type your answers, save it as a pdf and email- done! They take so many file types - xcel,PPT, Word, Jpeg, you can merge, split - it can do anything. I have a good print to pdf program but still prefer to use this one

Cons

I do not have a paid account although if I needed to convert lots of files it would be totally worth it. The 2 doc per hour max works for me but not for others - I say, pay for it if it bugs you.

Needs a lot of improvement

A good product, have scope for improvement, as I use only for eSign tool I would want the process to be simpler and the issue highlighted above to be addressed.

Pros

My job requires end-user to digitally eSign the documents, smallpdf was very handy to carry out the same. Also all the PDF tools were handy and work with Ease.

Cons

1. End-user used to see the pixelated document, when highlighted there was no help. 2. Recent force landscape option to complete the eSign was giving trouble to most of my end-users, have to call and guide them to complete the process. 3. Documents used to take ever to load in few cases even with good connectivity and never used to load with moderate to low connectivity.

Frequent user for homeworks

Overall, I used to be a regular user of smallpdf. Now, there are other easy-to-use apps to get these jobs done. I am not sure whether they have app of smallpdf.

Pros

The best thing about smallpdf is that the interface is neat and tidy. I have mostly used it for converting jpg images to pdf and merging pdfs. Unlike the other web-based services, their website is pretty clean. I would give some points to the aesthetics of the website too :-) ! Apart from that, it gets the essential jobs done. Few minutes left before the deadline of homework? Just take pictures using phone, send 'em to laptop and drag and drop the images to smallpdf. Saved me many times.

Cons

The paid version does not really make much sense to me after the release of the free mobile apps from adobe like adobe reader DC and adobe sign. Especially after adobe scan was released, it really solved the problems of taking pictures, merging and creating a pdf document in a more integrated way. These apps have recently substituted smallpdf because they are more accessible from my phone and tablet.