Telegram Logo

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

Telegram Reviews - Page 5

5,271 reviews

Alternative Messaging App

Telegram has been good to me since it's very cool and fast to use, comparing to other messaging app. I had not experience lagging when I use this app. But now it's just one of my alternative messaging app, when my other messaging app is not working. It's hard to admit but my friends, are all starting to uninstall this app because of the cons of getting a lot of spam messages. I loved and been constantly using this app before but now, it has become my alternative go-to app. But overall, I wish telegram can make it better in the future.

Pros

I've been a fan of Telegram since 2014, and been using it until now as alternative messaging for friends and family. It has been the fastest messaging app I had ever use comparing to other app I have used before. It's been so cool and friendly and never changed. I had used this for calls and chat for hours and never experience that it lagged on me.

Cons

No video feature. I had been waiting for their update for years, but i think they don't have any plans of putting any video feature. Telegram is very reliable. But I wish they could add this feature soon. They we're the first to put video message but It's nice if they could also put video calls since the app has been always fast and easy to use. I also don't like the bots and spams that telegram, it really cause flooding to my app, and It's one reason why I ask my friends to switch back to Viber.

Telegram is the best messaging app...period.

It's been amazing. It's been a joy to communicate with our community using this app for years now. I enjoy this messaging app a lot. One of the things I love the most is the stickers and now they are animated! Also, It's very very polished. As a designer, I really appreciate the attention to detail. For example, on Android, the keyboard comes up smoothly, has beautiful animations and it has a dark mode.

Pros

I love that it has a ton of features (and they keep adding more!). I really like the stickers it has (now animated); there's a lot to choose from. Also, the app is cloud-based, so no attachments to a phone; I use it on my desktop all the time. And finally, I like the bots and how easy it is to create one for our business, which we use this app for. There's a lot to like about this app but these are the features I like the most.

Cons

The only bad points I could come up with were 1) the lack of users. Many friends and family members are still using WhatsApp and it's tough to make them change their messaging app or even install a new one. 2) The app is currently not encrypting messages in normal chats, which is a little concerning, considering Telegram stores the messages in the cloud (which may be a reason why it can't encrypt them in the first place). But that's that.

An all-around excellent messenger

Overall this app was great for me, it has lots of great features which are helpful and other messengers lack or have taken from it. I personally believe it is the best messaging app currently available.

Pros

Telegram has a great privacy policy, it is completely ad free and all of its services are costless; including messaging, voice or video calls and more. Moreover, the app's prominent standpoint as a leading company in telecommunications services procedes from several advantages regarding maximum group capacity (200.000), minimum storage demand (less than 100mb for cellphones), cloud-based sync with...

Cons

Video calls or specific media downloads may drain plenty of mobile data compared to other apps, although this might be related to the quality of the image. I can't say i noticed any major disadvantages.

Easy and secure multiple chatting apps

All things considered, I have decided to use Telegram apps. Because I have a big team, I don't want the team's secret discussion to spread on social media all the time. So I opened the Secret Channel of Telegram and discussed with the employees. I exchange all my necessary files there. Telegram apps are very simple which makes it easy for my employees to understand so I like using telegram apps the most.

Pros

Telegram Chatting Apps is one of the best chat apps in the market for use on any device. The interface of Telegram chatting apps is much simpler and much more secure to chat with. Telegram chatting apps can make video conferencing and audio calls very nicely. Telegram apps also have various benefits. Telegram chatting apps have the facility to create channels and Telegram chatting apps have the facility to open Messenger chat groups. There are opportunities to chat in private groups so that foreigners are not allowed to enter. So it is very safe to communicate telegram chatting apps from other social media and various chatting apps.

Cons

I prefer Telegram chatting apps, as it allows you to upload any type of file you want and share it with chatting members. Telegram Chatting Apps No file is shared anywhere else so the file is safe. What I like most about the security of Telegram Chatting is that important documents can be exchanged through Telegram Chatting Apps and as the first in the virtual world of security, Telegram Chatting Apps is a secure app. So I prefer Tetelgram chatting apps.

Telegram is currently the best communication software

I have been using telegram since long, And using it only when I have to contact my seniors and friends who are already using it to communicate with our freelancing team. We often use it to share secret documents and files that need more security. We use telegram to share our picnic photos with all our friends as it don't compress your photos and keep the quality original.

Pros

I have been using telegram for last 2+ years for all mt business and secret chat, I can share documents, location, files, photos, videos, voice and even video msseages. You can make multiple telegram groups and add more people in it, you can clear the chat, delete chat history, you can do what ever you need. One thing to mention is that it keep the quality of your files and photos original and don't compress it.

Cons

Still not experienced any cons but one thing to mention is that it still need promotions, because if you want to contact someone through telegram you will see them absent because in your contact list only a few people will be there. Simply would say that only few people know about the goodness of telegram.

Communicating via Telegram in Fiji Businesses

Telegram allows for fast & efficient communication lines that is critical for the business. I would definitely recommend it to other business owners as an alternative from the conventional apps like Viber or Whatsapp.

Pros

Telegram is a great 'messenger' type communications tool that is widely unknown and underused. Something that is really great is that you can use it on your phone and on your computer. This may not sound like much but when you are responding to emails and also telegram messages, this feature makes a huge and valuable difference. Also, with the capability to handle large file sharing, Telegram becomes...

Cons

Since you can automatically exchange info with a contact on Telegram once the usual permissions are granted, you risk having information from your phone leaked to the other party. An example was when a new employee installed Telegram on his phone, all his contacts were synced to another employees phone.

Telegram is suitable for my chats with my Russian contacts

I use Telegram frequently to communicate with my Russian contacts and it is definitely a high-end chat application. That would be very pleasing if there were an embedded text and voice translation which I can use during my communication however I do not think they will add this feature in near future.

Pros

Telegram is very wide-spread among Russian community and as a person who has a lot of Russian contacts I use Telegram to communicate with my Russian contacts. Additionally it is very beneficial to join the huge public groups in Telegram which are specific to a certain topic and international. When I ask a public question in the groups every time a lot of people answers my questions.

Cons

What is missing in Telegram is a real-time translation option which is directly embedded inside Telegram. As a person who has many Russian contacts with no Russian I always need to translate my English text with an other translation app and paste it into the chat and when my contact writes back I again translate via other translation app. This is a crucial function that is missing and definitely should be present in the app.

Mejor que whatsapp para enviar contraseñas, conversaciones y archivos confidenciales.

Me gusta lo extremo de la privacidad y seguridad que tiene Telegram, mientras que en whatsapp siempre existe la posibilidad de que tu información la compartan, whatsapp business bloquee tu cuenta y se quede con toda tu información y contactos para usar tu información, Telegram respeta mucho esto. Las opciones de generar contactos y clientes potenciales es alta, enviar informaci{on publicitaria si nespam es genial, mientras que whatsapp te bloquea tu número y se queda con tu información confidencial: Tus contactos, archivos enviados, etc. Si quiero un canal para trabajar, generar clientes y divertirme: uso Telegram, si necesito hablar con otras personas por mero trámite de comunicarme uso whatsapp, la mayoría de noticias fake ya se han trasladado a whatsapp. En Telegram aún no.

Pros

Es extremadamente seguro y confiable, te da la opción de hacer canales de venta más amplios y con mayor probabilidad de generar ventas, Algo que me gusta mucho es que tienes el control total de tu cuenta y también confidencialidad. Puedes saber si tu conversación ha sido copiada o tomado captura de pantalla. No por algo whatsapp esta copiando las funciones de telegram, pero no le funciona también como a telegram. En conversaciones delicadas puedes colocar tiempo para la autodestrucción, así te quitas el pendiente de que personas no adecuadas puedan acceder a estas conversaciones. Los emoticones, emojis son geniales y muy originales, hacen las conversaciones más divertidas. Y algo que me gusta es que cada vez más usuarios y conocidos se están cambiando a Telegram.

Cons

Al principio para colocar la api en sitios web y telegram web no es muy sencillo. Es el único pero que le pongo, sin embargo es un detalle mínimo.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

All in one

I use the Telegram app almost everyday to send messages to my friends, colleagues and family groups. I can edit images before sharing and the stickers are an awesome part of this software. We can pin chats or messages in group chats and has a separate permission or workset for group admins and group owners. It has been my personal favourite software so far. Also, this has a unique desktop app which runs even when my phone is switched off or disconnected from the internet. Other messaging platforms need phones to be connected and to run the app in background, the Telegram software does not need any of those!!

Pros

The way it shares the media is what makes me to like this most. It has an option to share without compression, sharing amazing animated stickers and customizable emojis (which includes iPhone emoji set, Android emoji set and others). It also includes bots which I like the most too! Calling up for "@botfather" from the search tag introduces to a whole other world of automation. From managing business,...

Cons

It does not generate read receipt and back up texts, this I like the least about this software. The dark mode is quite distracting unlike other apps' dark mode. These facts are those which I like the least!

Very convenient and multifunctional messenger app

I like to use Telegram to connect with my friends and to get relevant information from the channels that I follow. It is a great messenger application and I would recommend it without any hesitation.

Pros

Telegram has more features than a most messengers have right now. 1. General features. Users can chat by using text, voice and video messages, do voice and video calls, create groups to talk with friends, colleagues or family. Sending photos and videos are very comfortable in Telegram as the user can easily choose between sending them as a file - with the original size - or as a picture/video - by...

Cons

1. "... joined Telegram". What I don't like most about Telegram is that when joining it for the first time, all your contacts using the app gets a notification about your join. In my opinion, it is very disturbing for both side. 2. Message delivered. Unfortunately, Telegram doesn't provide any information about the delivery of the message. One tick means that you have sent the message and two of them states that message has been already read. But you never know if the message has been delivered when it is not read yet.

Valuable Connections and Happy Coincidences

Well, it is quite an inspiring tool but I don't recommend you to go to Telegram if you are in a bad mood.

Pros

Well, there are a great number of reviews about Telegram and other messengers. However, the precious function of this messenger is not about just connecting with your friends, acquaintances, schoolmates, pen pals and colleagues. It is more about the opportunity to be connected with the whole world: in Telegram chats you can meet people who will change your life for the better (or worse), who will...

Cons

If you don't know how to react to spam and trolling attacks, this messenger may discourage you. Besides, the speed of being flooded with messages in Telegram is especially high. This makes channels promotion a challenging task because users come and go as fast as a hare.

Nube Ilimitada

Por mucho una app que deja atras a sus competidoras en el mercado por eso la tendencia de emigrar de otras plataformas a esta

Pros

Cantidad enorme de personas en grupos hasta 10.000 muy ligero, nube para guardar archivos ilimitada, variedad de canales y grupos infinitos en las opciones de busquedad, variedad de packetes de stickers animados y estaticos inpresionante. Opciones para crear canales es por mucho mejor que una lista de difucion, personalizar robots para automatizar y optimizar grupos. Se puede borrarlos audios e imagenes de las carpetas en el telefono y siempre estaran disponibles para descargarse en el chat que se prodijeron para futuras ocasiones a menos que se borren.

Cons

No se podían hacer llamadas grupales como en otras plataformas o videollamadas por equipos lo cual ha sido implementado en estos últimos meses por el CODVID-19 muy amenudo . Necesidad de conocimientos basicos de programacion a la hora de configurar robots en automatico.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

The best application to send messages and not miss anything

I am an employee of a beverage manufacturing company and my team always complained about the loss of production information such as videos, images or data sheets in a competing application. What happened is that when sharing this data in this application, the user did not have the possibility to save it in the cloud, right when the application was uninstalled, the data disappeared with it. When presenting the Telegram application, my team had, in addition to the normal functionality of a messaging application, the possibility of storing data in the cloud. Even if the application was uninstalled, when installing it the user had the possibility to recover all the data. This was undoubtedly a great differentiator for my team.

Pros

I am passionate about the Telegram app. It is very practical, has a range of features such as the possibility of having a quick reading of external information in the application itself, without having to be directed to the website in question. In addition, the application also has a built-in player that allows users who receive videos from other platforms such as Youtube, Spotify and SoundCloud to have the experience of checking these contents without leaving the app. But what I like most about this application is that the user does not lose any information about the groups he participates in, even if the user needs to reinstall the application. This is because Telegram stores all data in the cloud, this is undoubtedly the biggest differential of this app, in my opinion.

Cons

As I said, I love this app, but I miss the moderation of content in the app. Some colleagues, who are users, reported that they already found inappropriate content in the group and I was also unlucky enough to find it too. I believe that if moderating content were a little more effective, this app would undoubtedly be much more used among users.

The messaging app for detailed communication

Started a telegram group to communicate specific, but non-working hours coding and development-related questions to one another. Very effective tool for complex, small-group communication.

Pros

Message logs with individuals or groups may be searched for keywords or phrases, without getting lost or bloating your phone storage. No more scrolling for days to look for a line you needed to re-read.

Cons

This software was associated with unsavory groups acting in opposition of world governments in the Middle East due to its privacy and extensive features, which made the users at my company uncomfortable using it.

It's now the My Best Chatting App

Telegram is the Best chatting and calling app, it's free, stable and full of features

Pros

1- chat and calls free with your people. 2-Telegram Network is more secure than other chatting apps . 3-Telegram calling service isn't blocked in my country, but other apps are blocked. 4- you can share pictures files or docs freely with your contacts. 5- Secret Chat feature too is a very good feature to be added. 6-all languages are supported. 7-Privacy and Security section is very detailed and secure for users. 8-the app include a pass-code feature so you can make sure that even your phone gets unlocked no one can see your messages. 9-Bots are supported and auto messages . 10- all Languages are supported. 11-The Dark theme mode is looking awesome .

Cons

1-the account deletion takes a very long time to go under effect (6 months) this option should be adjustable by user. 2- the user don't have the option to choose theme colors. 3- there's no option to choose the chat background.

The best messaging app

Overall it is Great app for using in web, mobile desktop with super fast messaging and all new features.

Pros

There are couple of thinks that are advantages of Telegram. One it so fast compared with others, Using this software on old phone you will see how fast and lightweight is it. Second it the first app I've met that provided message deletion when you accidentally typed wrong message for you and other side. Third it the first app that implamated fast video recording functionality like audo recording.

Cons

Truly telling now this is the best software but I could mention a little drawbacks I've seen, It has Video call in past but now it's not available, new features are firstly coming to iphone than to android phones, beside those ones nothing at all because this is the best.

Telegram = Texts That Transcend Encryption for Total Privacy

Want privacy? Telegram. Want total security in the messages you send and or receive? Telegram. Wanna keep up with the Joneses and keep your privacy in check, no matter what technological advances may come? Telegram. In the span of seconds, upon pressing "Get" on the app in the app store, Telegram downloads as a cute little robin blue box, allows you to sign in and sign up that first time, through...

Pros

Ever feel a pang of fear or the ever pressing weight of wariness as your finger hovers over that send button in your text messages? Not necessarily for any criminal-like related entity, not at all, but just for your, and your recipient's, general privacy and possible lack there of? Ever desire the impenetrable promise of total privacy, for your info, thoughts, feelings, MESSAGES? Wake up ya goose,...

Cons

The only con for Telegram, and by proxy Signal, is that your respective recipient(s) must have the app installed on their phone as well, and must be signed in/have an account, which you can do instantly by signing in with a modality of options, ie Facebook, etc, and you only have to do it that first time, so it's pretty effortless, in order for the both of you to enjoy that total promise of privacy. Well worth the five seconds of downloading it and signing in and up though and well worth the time it takes to let others know what you now know. Telegram or BUST.

Telegram Messenger Review

I use Telegram as my daily communication system with my friends, family and coworkers. And it is partially my news and some reading source. Experience has steady and fairly reliable.

Pros

Simplicty - This messenger is simple to use, intuitive interface, common feature elements Security - Telegram uses encryption algorithm called AES-256, which is very common and reliable encryption system Design language - Design used in all platforms are minimalist, yet full of features Platform independent - I personally use this messenger in at least 3 platforms(Android, Windows, Linux) and they offer apps for Apple products as well. Even web interface is easy to use. Feature set - I have been using telegram since early versions. It had many core features in older versions. But overtime, through many updates, it added many more features (like voice call, video message, polls and etc.)

Cons

Access to phone numbers - Telegram requires to have phone number and it uses underlying phone number contacts in Telegram as well. It is quite understandable with security concerns, but it would be great if it was possible to use it without actual phone number Lack of video calls - I use telegram as my main communication platform, but video call feature lacks. For video calls I have to rely on other apps (like imo, Skype or WhatsApp). If it had video call feature I would solely use Telegram Customizability - Although interface is farely intuitive and good looking. I would like to change some elements. I can change some elements (like color scheme, background image), some more customizable app would not hurt.

Telegram - The best instant messaging application

When discussing about the overall experience of using Telegram, telegram is a great application for instant messaging. Many features are included in it for our satisfaction. We can get many advantages from that features. Only few annoying things in Telegram and those are not such big issues to throw away the application. Telegram is being popular with people and after some time this application will be like WhatsApp that an application everyone use. Video calling feature also will introduce soon. After these things happen, Telegram will be the best instant messaging application.

Pros

Telegram is one of a best instant messaging application I have ever used. Telegram has many interesting features that can attract users to use that application instead of other instant messaging applications. The first thing is, Telegram is a free application. No cost for everything in it, no subscriptions and no advertisements popping up. No matter you have android, apple, windows or desktop, this...

Cons

Telegram does not have any serious disadvantages in my opinion. I am using this application for a long time but I did not find any bad thing. Only few annoying things can be found. One is the popularity of the application. This application is not spread widely yet. In that case we have to face problems because everyone does not use Telegram like other instant messaging applications. Amount of stickers, emojies in the store is lower when comparing with other applications. Video calling is not introduced yet. A small quality drop occurs when sending photos and videos through the application, but not much as other applications.

I've not seen a better Whatsapp Alternative yet

I use it as a more secure tool for messaging, and as of this year I trust it more than any other messaging application.

Pros

It functions similar to Whatsapp, which was my primary messaging app. It's secure, free to use and has amazing features built in. Even has a dark mode. Now that's something worth writing home about.

Cons

There's no video call option which I'm patiently waiting for. I would like to say it's coming soon, but I doubt that. The only thing thats holding me back the most.

Telegram one of the best instant messaging applications.

Using this application has been a great experience, being honest, I really enjoy it when I use it, it is very comfortable and friendly, super fast, I am in many groups and channels, I also share with family, friends, sending photos and files, and it is A pretty good benefit, and I hope to continue using Telegram, and also that it is free and gives me all these functions, I am totally satisfied.

Pros

Telegram has a very attractive interface, I love using this application, I can connect with my loved ones in an easy and safe way, it has many functions that are really amazing, share my location, create groups, add a bot, voice calls, create channels and much more, the most complete messaging application is called Telegram, available on multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux and Android, I...

Cons

I could say that this application is very good and has several alternatives that favor me greatly, but it has some details that I do not like, the defects are that when sending a photo they lose quality and makes them look a little blurry, and I still do not find a option to send my photo next to the original quality, it looks very blurry and is very frustrating, I also have failures to open the application,...

Much more than an IM tool... but as easy to use as an IM tool

Telegram has been innovating since they were born, introducing new features that are a must today and that other apps such as WhatsApp are slowly introducing/copying. It is a great tool that not only makes conversations easier (especially if you manage or belong to one or several groups) but also provides other innovative user cases more closer to a user interface than to an IM tool. Unfortunately, many people are still sticked to WhatsApp and transitioning 100% to Telegram is not always possible. Another thing in which WhatsApp is still better is at offering Videocalls.

Pros

* Multiplattform and multi-device: you can use your own account in multiple devices at the same time without any trouble (nothing compared to the painful process of transfering whatsapp to a new device), and allowing to use it on your desktop, your smartphone, tablet... at the same time. * Easy to use * Groups' management to a next-level: it allows moderation, several admins, polls, bots, fine-grained...

Cons

* Missing videocalls * Its business model is not clear (they state that they have a generous donation from its founder, but not much beyond saying that they will never sell users' privacy and Telegram will always remain free. * Fewer user-base than WhatsApp (specially in non-tech environments)

A simple and effective tool for communication

Telegram was one of several products reviewed by our ICT department to use as a backup form of communication for service outages and such and has so far been a good choice. It has allowed to remain in constant communication during service disruptions either through IM or voice chats and has allowed us to exchange information quickly. It is a clear winner for communications apps compared to others such as Slack or WhatsApp.

Pros

Telegram is a free app which is incredibly useful when a non-profit such as us are looking for a communications platform and don’t have much money to play with. As well as being able to instant message contacts through Telegram, you can also call them and send files or pictures, which makes it useful for us when we in the department need to share information quickly. The developers seem to push out...

Cons

There are very few drawbacks to using Telegram as a communications tool. There is currently no video call function, although I have no doubt it will be added in soon as the developers seem to be pushing out regular updates to add features and improve performance. Connecting phone contacts to Telegram requires providing permission to the app for access, although this would be true of all messaging applications not just Telegram.

Telegram

It made me reach a whole lot of people in just one group and I was able to improve a lot of people's health challenge which gave me a good boost socially. I can recommend it to anyone who would want to reach the whole world.

Pros

Firstly, I love this app because it has the ability to hold a lot of contacts in a group. I remember when I started a seminar on health. I wanted to reach so many people at the same time. Telegram chat made it easy, fast and safe because I was able to reach a large number of people at a go and they were all inviting people into the group. I could remember I had over 13,000 group members and most...

Cons

I cannot see anything wrong with Telegram from my end.

Safety and Amazing features

Pros

I have been using Telegram app for 3 years. I visited middle east countries and other popular applications are banned in those countries. I searched for a solution and found Telegram. Telegram has amazing features such as Texting, Calling, and file sharing. Compared to other application, Telegram has no limit for sharing files, photos and videos. I basically selected many photos and pictures and send...

Cons

Telegram does not have a video call function. I have suggested Telegram to my family​ and friends but Telegram is not popular in some countries so not able to use with all my contacts.