Telegram Logo

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

Telegram Reviews - Page 6

5,276 reviews

Incredibly flexible communicator where every detail matters

Using Telegram over the years I never doubted it is the best messaging app both for private and team use. In every respect it surpasses the mainstream alternatives, providing for years features that they only start to pick up now. To give a single example, Telegram has long been the only app allowing functional message replies. Nowadays this is also possible in WhatsApp but even serious solutions like Slack have a lot to improve in that regard. It sounds like a detail but the ability to refer to past statements conveniently is a game changer in an asynchronous, remote team where important information can get lost very easily.

Pros

Chat data synchronized with no storage limits across all devices and operating systems; Meticulously crafted design: every button feels just in the right place and follows the design guidelines of the operating system, be it desktop, Android or iOS making Telegram feel 'native' rather than just ported from somewhere else. Amazing performance in synchronization speed, network throughput and caching....

Cons

The contact list is based on phone numbers and requires contact permissions on mobile devices.

Its The Best Chatting Platform that i ever used.

I really love Telegram the only import feature missing on telegram is video calling. but i really don't use video calls , so i really like telegram for messaging and sending files.And i Use Telegram on multiple devices on my Laptop, Desktop PC, and in my phones too and i really like that i can use it on all devices at the same time and i can logout from all other devices fro one device. so overall i my experience with telegram is great and i still use it.

Pros

I really Like Telegram Messenger Its User Interface looks really good, And Telegram Saves all of our chats and the media that we sent , on the server. and I really like the fact that telegram supports in all platforms like Windows,Mac,Linux,Android and iOS and they have its web version too and because of that we can access our chats anytime from anywhere. And there is no limit fro the file size that...

Cons

We cant make a video call on Telegram, and the voice calls are not good as the other apps when its on low signal.There is no option to add multiple account on Telegram Desktop version. When we go-to a chat we can see the photos and videos that the use sent or shared on group, but there is no option to see only videos and photos separately.

Hidden gem of instant messaging

Overall very satisfied with this application. It is my default messaging application that I use on daily basis.

Pros

I've been using Telegram since day 1 when it was introduced as an iOS app in August of 2013. It is my default messenger app. I don't even know if I'll be able to list all the pros of this awesome app. 1) Absolutely free, no ads, no in app purchases, no spams. 2) Available across all devices, including desktop, Android, iOS, Windows phone. 3) Unlimited cloud storage. All the messages are stored online...

Cons

1) Application does not support video calls yet. If developer implements video calling then app will be complete and include all essential communication tools.

Simple, fast and secure communication.

As indicated above one of the advantages of Telegram is that you can send large files of various formats, in addition information can be shared through channels and thus prevent chat groups from collapsing with different conversations and lost shared documents . To which we must add that because it is multi-device it is possible to use several at the same time. On the other hand, the possibility of creating private chats guarantees that the security of the conversations will be compromised.

Pros

This application is free and consumes less data than other messaging options. Another remarkable aspect is that it allows sending large files, and supports a variety of formats; which is definitely useful, because you do not have to worry about the size of the file, or what format it is in, you just share it and that's it. It can be used in various devices: mobile phone, tablet, PC, which makes it...

Cons

One of the aspects that could be objected to Telegram are the few options of customization of the user interface, as it offers the typical as backgrounds, colors and photos. It would be very nice if users could adapt this interface to our liking. Another thing that should improve is the search engine in terms of channels and groups, since sometimes the search is not effective or becomes tedious, unless you have a link to that group.

Telegram, in my view the best in class.

the tool is straightforward to use and explain. It is not locked to the phone only connectivity. It has a vibrant community around. it has a number of reasons to be the preferred choice. And numbers shows it; In my personal use, encryption level is sufficient. For higher level needs I use a different tool. (rarely).

Pros

This software does equal of more of what the competition does, it is free, it has a massive user base, it is open source. Do you really need continue using its principal competitor unless the fact that is more diffused? is it worth maintaining access to it? except diffusion Btw, I love the view that show ALL attachment easily as an additional pane. So Handy. And it is NOT locked to the availability of the phone connection

Cons

I believes that what allow to shine this software is that it is not bloated yet. Maybe on files and attachments could be done more, like an easy way to define storage to keep them handy instead of having to probe in the past if later you need them

Telegram, le logiciel à adopter à tout prix.

Je peux vous assurer et vous rassurer que Telegram est l’un des meilleurs moyens de communication que je ne peux d’ailleurs m’empêcher de vous recommander au regard de mon expérience personnelle avec cet outil que j’utilise jour et nuit.

Pros

Telegram est un logiciel très efficace que j’ai particulièrement adopté et apprécié pour le simple fait que son utilisation est plus pratique et plus fluide. C’est un logiciel qui n’a pratiquement rien à envier aux autres avec des fonctionnalités impeccables. Que ça soit installé sur ordinateur ou sur téléphone, on peut facilement écrire un texte, passer un appel et discuter en groupe ou encore faire n’importe quelle recherche. Ce qui est encore plus intéressant, c’est sa mise à jour régulière mais surtout sa capacité instantanée à sauvegarder tous les fichiers automatiquement sans aucun risque de perdre des données.

Cons

Ce qui dérange dans l’utilisation de Telegram, c’est les incursions des personnes inconnues dans votre messagerie privée. Lesquelles sont généralement porteuses d’intention d’arnaquer.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Telegram is awesome!

My experience overall is great. It has more features than other apps, is more private-oriented, it's easy to use, and takes less space on my devices. I like that it's cloud-based, but you also have the option to have a more secure and private message session with someone else. The communication aspect of the app is great, file sharing is great, I love how everything is organized within the chats. I also like that you can change the theme of the application too. Overall, it's the best messaging app out there.

Pros

One of the things I like the most from Telegram is that it has way more features than other popular chat messaging apps. I like very much that you can edit messages you already sent. It's a godsend! I also love that you can create private messages for an extra layer of security between two users. One more thing that I love about Telegram are the stickers. I really love you can add the entire pack from one sticker you liked. And one more thing, I love that you can have polls in the group chats. It's awesome.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about Telegram. The only thing I will say is that the video quality can improve a bit more when you're in a video call.

Premium quality but free

Me and my colleague use this application for our group communication platform, as it can hold a large number of member for the messenger group. We also shares our document and files form this software, as it don't have storage limitation when we use it to send and store our files.

Pros

Telegram is one of the messaging application that use the most as it has no rules that will limit the video size that can be sent from it. The speed to uploading the video also quite fast and the speed is not throttled at all unlike other messaging application like whatsApp. Sending a high quality photo also possible with this application.

Cons

It is a shame that Telegram did not support for a call or video call, all they offers is text message and the ability to sending media to other people. If they decided to add the video call feature, i will be the happiest person on the world. Other than that, everything is working perfectly with this application.

The ultimate messaging program

At general ranges, all experience with Telegram is EXPECTACULAR, I have used it for more than 7 years and I would not change it for anything. With an ever-growing community and developers constantly adding great features. A chat support system that the few times I had doubts helped me. Anyway, if you are using the best known competitor, I would recommend, even if it is, give telegram a try. It's a one way road

Pros

- Portability: One of the great advantages of telegram is its portability, the no need to have a cell phone on, being able to have it open in several places at the same time is great - Groups: Great functions for managing groups, such as the possibility of adding bots or for example generating surveys - Privacy: You control what information you want the rest to see, from your profile picture to your online status, USER BY USER - Bots: The possibility of creating bots with an intuitive and highly adaptable development tool allows us to create bots of whatever we want

Cons

- Video calls: The lack of being able to share screen from the desktop versions, compared to other competitors that do allow it

Great Tool

Overall telegram is great tool , good for personal and business use and there is a lot to explore like stickers , business stickers. I have been using telegram since last 4 years and never had any major issue .

Pros

. Its a great messeging app. You can install and use it on android,ios,windows,mac and linux. . Its free to use and there are no charges for it . You get 24/7 support from telegram customer service team . . You can search and join 100;s of group relevant to your skills let it be professional , personal groups. . We Use telegram for our office team as the project is divided into 11 teams and each team got over 15 members including out top management. Telegram comes in handy due to high volume of people. . Another preferred option is set a time slot and once the slot is over or expired messages will be auto deleted. . There is another feature called as Chatbot which can automate your response with certain keywords which is a great fit for any of the personal user or business user

Cons

.Notification are not 100 accurate sometimes you get notified sometimes your don;t. . The online-offline status is unstable so ideally you can;t find if the person is online while you sending text unless you get a response. . There are random and fake groups which are created who will auto invite you add you to the group and there is no decrease in these fake groups . .Telegram consumes a bit more of data background if you track which might get annoying if someone is using mobile data most of the times due to work nature .

Life saver

The extra security I have with client communications is absolutely wonderful. I love how I can video chat with them and see their expressions when they tell me personal details about their lives because that helps me create their art work at a better level. I never ever want this app to go away.

Pros

End to end encryption that's a piece of cake to use and set. My clients love that there's more privacy as they share personal details about their lives. I love how I can use this on my computer or phone so I can still take my kiddos out to a park and just do a video call there if need be. This app has been such a great game changer for my business and life.

Cons

I wish they had group video calls so it could be easier to chat with the families who commission art work when one is away on business and the other spouse is at home. (It's my understanding that they are working on that becoming available soon.)

Futuristic App in the Present

Telegram is easy to install and supports many devices with the ability to work on any device without the need for a phone that is connected to the internet. I love the flexibility Telegram gives me to install it or run it via a browser on any device, even old ones.

Pros

Telegram has a lot of features and constantly adds more. Users love that about it. It's using a futuristic app in the present. Secret chats are a great feature. The Telegram tips channel is very helpful because there are many features to educate users about. Also, unlimited file size sharing is the best. Telegram also can send all kinds of file formats. The video rendering is fast after a live stream or recording. Channels are very useful too.

Cons

I keep setting my UI to dark mode because it keeps reverting back to the default UI skin.

The best messaging application on the market

I use telegram for interacting with friends, but also to manage my working team. I also use telegram as a front end for my domotic system trough the use of a bot that interacts with the automatic systems

Pros

First of all it is easy to open the interface on many devices at the same time. It is not strictly connected to the phone number. In this way it can be used on smartphone, tablet, pc (even with a web interface without installation). This feature makes it pretty friendly when you use it in many different situations. In second place the privacy and security of the chats/groups has always been a key feature...

Cons

Since privacy and security is a key feature, often this app is used in illegal activities that cannot be easily tracked.

Well Customized and User-Friendly messaging Application

Telegram is a well customized and feature rich messaging application that I have used for nearly three years. It encompasses all the needs of a user friendly messaging application.

Pros

It has made communication and interactions easy with features like groups with the allowance of adding up to 200,000 members enabling me create an online community for sharing like minded ideas as well as promoting my products. Now i can place groups as well as channels in a single folder and this makes organization of various groups that am in on telegram an easy to do task. Scheduling messages has enabled set up well thought messages which can be sent even when am away from my phone to my targeted recipients at the desired time and date hence easing marketing and business.

Cons

I have found myself added to telegram groups with literally no connections to the administrators of the channel which has made me question the security in some cases.

The best chat app I will ever use, because I'm not switching!

Pros

Telegram has an ease of use that's hard to explain, it's an app that really is intuitive and good to look at. Packed with features and always being updated Telegram is always getting better and isn't left abandoned. It's developers listen to feedback and they add asked for features. Their Twitter is great for support and also their team have a great sense of humour and interact wholesomely with customers.

Cons

Telegrams search could be improved to be more UI based and to allow better and more in-depth searches for messages. There is often talk about Telegram possibly adding advertising to the app and I wish the company could be more transparent about how they raise capital and plans for monetisation

Telegram, a neat productivity tool

It's a great tool for collaboration and messaging. It can help small teams to keep up with their productivity just like our team

Pros

The video chat and the feature to schedule video chats or even record the sessions, the audio player to be able to search all voice notes and speed up the audio. Also the ability to search messages using hashtags is a time saver

Cons

The inability to set the app to block incoming messages from unknown numbers, you have to manually block and report the user

Telegram Review

Overall I am really happy with Telegram. It has all the features that I want. I can access all the files that I want from anywhere that's what I like the most about this software.

Pros

There are many things that I like about Telegram. First of all It is very convenient to use. There are no Ads in this Software which is the reason why I use it very often. I also like the Night mode that it has which feels very simple to the eyes. Out of all the most important reason why I use Telegram is because of it's Privacy. All of my chats and files are saved on the Cloud which is one more advantage of it. And one more feature that I like of Telegram is that I can search for any word in the Chat, this makes it easy for me to search the important messages in the group chat in Telegram.

Cons

The only con about Telegram is that the account recovery issue. If i lose my mobile number then my account is also gone as the Verification code comes on the mobile number. Hope they resolve it soon.

Everything is Available

Not Bad, Informative, Something new and interesting, Inexpensive with some very expensive material, Second choice for most of the Online things.

Pros

I justify Telegram as a full pack of things. It gives a variety of choice and functionality such as voice call, video call, group call, messaging, large file transfers, Links supportive, Large files upload capability and also to download. I am using telegram for to have conversations and meetings. But not usually, only for some specific customers. Secondly, the main purpose of my using telegram is...

Cons

I have certain points for the CONS side which is regarding the copyright issue which is actually a big burden on the head of many of the Telegram channels which are actually not working as per the norms, so this things should be avoided and reported by the application executives. Also a better outlook over the messaging section is needed as per my visualization and on comparisons with other competitive softwares or application.

The Best Communication App Ever

I am using telegram about 1 years. I like it very much. The animation sticker are so attractive for me. And sharing movies with my family and friends. In my work it is very useful communication apps. It can announced and pinned post in channel. The user interface is very friendly.

Pros

I used Telegram everyday. It's very easy to use. It's has so many functions. One of my favorite function is sending file with full HD quality Photo. This function is very useful for me. In my job, I reported to my boss with words, excel and pdf files. In telegram, deleted message without history, can edit the message and send with muted message. I liked it very much. Sicker are so cute with animation. The most important things I have to mention, it is making telegram channel. So great function. It can sent big video file size and I open the channel for my company to announce the company information to staff. In conclusion, telegram is very useful app and you should try this. You will definitely like it.

Cons

It is natural to have pros as well as cons. We can delete message without permission from other sender. It is a weak point. But this function is good for other person like politics.

Telegram is time saving and spits out very useful information and it has the ability to control spam

I have been using telegram since long i think since 2017, i will say that if you use this single app you will not need much of torrents, youtube, paid subscriptions to bug bounty tips and stock and crypto trading signals. and the art on some channels is out of this world. i am completely in love with it and i will recommendf it to everyone especially IT professionals and stock traders. and make use of it.

Pros

The best thing in telegram is subscription to channels, very creative ways of adding fun and user interaction(bots, mcqs, QA etc). Telegram community is lucky to have very useful people in there who make our day, channels which are very helpful in trading signals, art collection sharing, bug bounty tips, softwares, movies and stuff that is not easily accessible anywhere else on the web. The desktop application is i will say best of all out there, the reason is full features as mobile application moreover you donot need a mobile phone always online to sign in to it, once you prove its your account telegram will not tease you after that.

Cons

The only important thing i will need is to have some kind of different notifications for group chats vs direct messages. i, many times miss direct messages to me from individuals because i have subscribed to many channels and i am a part of different groups too. so somehow telegram community has to figure out how can we avoid that. Second i will say is a con is missing settings for proxy or some vpn. i wish telegram would have built in vpn or proxy because some ISPs have disabled it.

Telegram is a good communication app option

I would recommend this app and will definitely continue to use it. I have had a good experience with it and feel comfortable using it. Several of my contacts have agreed that their private information is safer with Telegram and have opted to use this app as their main communication app. It is for sure worth trying.

Pros

- It has a better privacy policy than other apps, which makes you feel safer. - It has a really cool and wide variety of stickers. I think that is by far one of my favorite things. - Deletes messages for everybody in the chat without detection. - Programming messages to send later. - Can access my account from the computer even if I don't have a mobile connection at the moment. - Nice interface - Fast, has not faced any bugs in this app yet. - Stickers, I cannot emphasize this enough. They are just so fun.

Cons

- Having to tap on the message and select "reply" instead of just swipe. - That you cannot play a shared video from the app. It only shows the link and a preview image.

My use of Telegram

business idea can be passed around easy with every member of the business being able to join the group and there is no limit to how many people can join the group. tasks can be handed to the right people in the group documents can be shared for every member of the company to see.

Pros

The fact that I can open a group and everyone around my location can see it and join freely its amazing. the privacy policies are not being violented no massage I sent can be read by anyone but me and the receiver. unlike "certain" Apps.

Cons

Creating a business group that everyone around my location can see and join. The feature that I can go on search for people around my area made meeting people and interacting the people around my location easy.

Telegram product review

I am extremely delighted to use this application.

Pros

1. Telegram is super fast, lighter and very use to use 2. Same quality images are delivered at recipients end 3. No need to save videos and pictures at user end once sent 4. Instant video messages like voice notes 5. It has a large user's community 6. It support large groups consisting several thousand users ( may be 200,000 ) 7. After join in any group I can see all the conversations from creation time 8. Any one can send any size of videos 9. End to end encrypted chats capabilities 10. Able to create groups, channels and update information quickly on them 11. Animation and stickers are very nice and fancy 12. Telegram bot can be used to filter unrequired words 13. File sharing with ease 14. It has people nearby feature

Cons

1. It should have some filter to protect nudity which is horrible 2. Any one can share any one private picture which should be taken with consideration as well 3. Audio and Video service quality can be improved 4. Might have some vibrant gifs, funny and attractive emoji 5. Desktop version need some improvement 6. Need to have more strong signal when communicating audio or video calls 7. Search feature...

Instant Messaging With Telegram

My overall experience with Telegram has been remarkable. I have been able to communicate seamlessly with clients whether I have either of my phone or laptop in place. I can share files without compression which has been a very helpful feature. I also have been able to group my clientele under user-defined folders for ease of access. It is just a wonderful software.

Pros

Telegram is a software I have come to really love over time. The first being, cloud storage of all chats, files and details, is an amazing feature unlike some other messaging software. I can delete erroneous messages and files sent mistakenly, without the recipient knowing about it. It also allows me to group my chat into folders for easier access and communication flow. I can add more than one Telegram account on the same device. Productivity for me, has increased over time with the use of Telegram. I am able to use the software on my laptop even when my phone is not within reach and vice versa. You just can not get it wrong with Telegram.

Cons

As wonderful and amazing as Telegram is, I have discovered that it has its own share of shortcomings. The customer support needs to be more interactive when users are faced with challenges. Status upload or moments could be integrated to spice up the software alongside the use of emojis.

Telegram Review

I absolutely love telegram, from the fast messaging speeds to the adorable stickers. There is a plethora of useful features in telegram which I use frequently too, such as sending large files, having saved messages or documents, using telegram desktop when I am not on my phone, sending uncompressed pictures.

Pros

I love how fun it is to message friends, especially with all the sticker packs available on telegram. Telegram makes it easy to download and use stunning stickers which make conversations way more entertaining. There are regular updates on making stickers and chats more interactive which I cannot get enough of. Also, we have the option to create our own sticker packs.

Cons

Telegram seems perfect as it is so it is hard to find something I like the least. If I have to nitpick, it would be that anyone could message you just by finding your username. Thus, sometimes there will be spam messages from random strangers.