Telegram Logo

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

Telegram Reviews - Page 7

5,276 reviews

What's App Alternative

Solid WhatsApp Alternative if you want to text people and feel comfortable with the circle being limited.

Pros

I am using Telegram in personal and business terms. With an extra step to create secured chats, Telegram offers end-to-end encrypted chats. If you change your device, you won't be able to access the chats created on another one, and if you delete messages within a secured chat, it will be gone for your chat partner just as much as for you. Telegram also offers group chat options, unsecured chats and channels. It had sticker options before WhatsApp had them, and you can create your own stickers via a bot. The good thing about Telegram is: Only a handful of people uses Telegram, so it's less stressful than other messengers.

Cons

Secure chats need an extra step to be created, group chats cannot be encrypted, and there's a limit of about 7 channels that one can create. Telegram is not used by the masses, so you're not likely to be able to text everyone there.

A Review About Telegram in a Perspective of a University Student

Telegram is very useful for instant messages and chat. You can use it to connect to your families and friends. Also good application for dating someone. Additionally, good for group chats, video call, and video chat. However, there are some bugs and I hope that they will fix it.

Pros

What I like the most about Telegram is that it is so super simple. It has a beginner friendly interface that you don't need to watch YouTube Videos to understand how it works. I think even a preschooler or even those who are not tech-savvy will be able to use it. It is easy to use, I think the it is the same how the default text messaging app in every phone. It also has a security feature where all...

Cons

Actually up until now I am having this kind of bug where whenever I have someone in to talk in a video call. I am not able to use my Bluetooth device. So I need to open the speaker and microphone of the cellphone itself. I hope that they will be able to fix that. I am owning currently an Iphone 12.

Simple and effective

In general, telegram became an ally in my business strategy. It allows me to have effective communication with my clients and also helps me keep certain information private, which is wonderful. It may not have a very nice or modern interface, but it perfectly fulfills its purpose.

Pros

I started using telegram because I needed a means to communicate with my clients, and from the beginning it proved to be a very useful and effective tool. Apart from real-time messaging, it has many tools that manage to generate a very attractive user experience. What I consider most useful is that it has the ability to allow me to write from my laptop even if my cell phone is turned off, and to be able to log in to multiple devices.

Cons

I consider that the voice calls section is a point where they have a lot to improve. If you decide to use telegram only to share files and messaging in real time, perfect. But if at any point you feel that you will need to use voice calls, I do not recommend it at all.

A "Telegram" of Modern era!

the conclusion is, this app is a must have social app if you want to know some rare information and stuff related to your field or job due to its large number of communities, that makes it possible to brainstorm or create a discussion or sharing ideas. what's great is, this app doesn't cost you anything, it's totally FREE (but of course you'll need a wifi or data connection to use the app).

Pros

Telegram is a simple social media apps but it has many hidden awesome features that make this app exceptional from any other social media out there. especially the channel features, unlike an ordinary group chat, the channel is like a group of broadcaster and they usually share plenty of pretty rare stuff like recommending famous tv program or a must watch movie list or limited deals offer you can...

Cons

Sometimes i was experiencing an audio or voice note bugs that the audio will be playing by itself right after the screen goes off while you're still on someone's chat room even in silent mode or do not disturb mode, this probably depending on the device you're using but hopefully this can be fix soon on the next update. And due to its large community base, the government in some countries are banning or trying to banned this app from being accessible because it was misused by some communities for not so good purposes. So if you happened to be living in the countries, you have to take extra effort to make it work.

Telegram is easier than watsapp

its the best app in messaging and communicating.it allows me to share large files and communicate and send them to a group of audience with just a click.i addition to, when i share any file it remains anytime for download.

Pros

i like telegram.telegram has great privacy than whatsapp.i like how i can use it safely without the fear of my data getting leaked.i can watch movies and series on telegram while i cannot watch long videos on whatsapp.two years ago when i was in pharmacy school,i used to listen to the records and watch my lectures by just one download click from telegram.telegram support large videos and photos,which is amazing feature.moreover,groups are helpful when looking for specific informations.

Cons

i have no concerns with the app except that its not greatly known to a wide audiences like facebook or whatsapp. we need to invite alot of people to get to know about telegram .

Best app to manage a digital group

It is a clean experience, new users learn the interface really fast and do not get overwhelmed with anything. I utilize Telegram to manage my clients conversations (separately). You can even schedule posts on Telegram which is super useful for repetitive tasks.

Pros

The interface (with great usability, even for people that do not know the app) and it's features.

Cons

I wish we could customize the interface even more (advanced options).

Telegram, the richest, fastest and perfect messenger for the user and developer!

Having a few channels in test on the website for people to be notified when there is a new firmware for a specific camera available, people are slowly joining :-)

Pros

If you don't try, you don't know what others have to offer, Telegram is really developed in a short time! Sorry to say, but it has more functionality than another big messenger app. The look and feel are like other messenger apps, but you see the difference when adding a sticker pack, rich graphics, its thinking with you, for example when you select a Christmas tree, it shows all related Christmas...

Cons

No everybody has Telegram and not everybody is willing to switch, I will invite all the people I know to use, but I really hope that more and more people will make the switch!

The best Chat messenger ever!

Fantastic, Loving it.

Pros

The app feels so light, it is super fast, and has tons of amazing cool features. It search inside the whole app, or a group or a chat is so easy and comfortable. File transfer is lightning fast and it really helps us sharing files with our office. Also reading about how the company cares about the user's privacy, we trust it more than other apps around.

Cons

Nothing to dislike - maybe they can increase the size for file sharing.

Hands down the best communication tool out there

We use telegram for internal communication (chat, voice talk, file sharing, etc.) within the team. In addition to that, we use several Telegram bots to send team members various customized notifications and reminders. Plus I use it as my personal communication tool to stay in touch with friends and family.

Pros

Native software for all my devices—iPhone, iPad, Android phone, and Windows desktop that just works perfectly. Great search capabilities. We use it as our #1 communication tool within our company. Unlike slack, telegram makes group communication easy and productive. On top of that, it's easy to create telegram bots that we can link to our proprietary software.

Cons

It's not as popular compared to slack, so it takes an effort to educate non-users to switch to Telegram. Other than that, Telegram is a rare piece of software that 100% addresses my everyday business and personal needs. If Telegram servers went down for some reason, we would be without an indispensable tool.

Higher security and fast communication

Telegram have higher security with planty colourful stickers .My using daily experience ,this app is enough pleasure and useful in work and personal .The speed delivered is fast .I would like to introduced for searching to use work and personal enjoyment ,this app was reliable friendly user and customer .

Pros

In telegram,group management is more easier than whatapps .So I recommended for business and personal entertainment.Telegram can send large files that support in video format 1080p and another large analysis data documents or powerpoint .The most likely feature was schedule massage timing.This feature will useful if you have forgotten in small things in work. Voice call was fined in long time calling.

Cons

More Data savings functions need to improve whether can send large files, more chat theme need to add compare other platform , moreover the vdieo call resolution is low quality like whatapps.I hope to fix in future .For my sence while emoji typing in chat blank it was normal size but i send it that grow up than before choice in chat.This was annoying for me .

Telegram a worldly communication.

In my general opinion, I recommend people to use this platform to keep in touch with people around the world, there are many advantages we can have using this platform and we see how over time is improving and adding more features, many people do not know this platform but many are already starting to use it.

Pros

*With this platform we can join channels that allow us to disseminate any type of information and keep updated. *It is important that it is not necessary to share our phone number to participate in these channels, which makes everything safer. *There are available direrentes types of bots that are in charge of answering messages automatically and it is a great advantage for when we are busy. *Telegram...

Cons

*Few people use this platform which means that I have few contacts. *It is not possible to make video calls because it lacks this function.

Telegram is a safe, real-time messaging service.

When I first started using this app, I took advantage of a lot of benefits by forming communities of as many people as possible. This helped me get a lot, which resulted in a significant boost in sales for my business. I was able to exchange huge files with clients and coworkers that could be accessed without any problems, and I continue to be able to do so. Personally, I believe it is the best chat platform currently accessible.

Pros

Before the huge names such as WhatsApp and Viber came onboard, Telegram was one of the only messaging applications providing end-to-to-end encryption. Telegram has a long-existing reputation for dependability and works up to standards. It also has a slew of valuable integration functions. Telegram has always been incredibly quick, with no file size restrictions.

Cons

This mail client can make you feel uneasy if you aren't familiar with how to deal with automated spam and abuse. Furthermore, Telegram users are inundated with messages at an incredibly fast rate.

Your privacy is secured!

I had been using Telegram for a few years now for advertising groups and stuff. I recently switched from WPP to Telegram due to the news that WPP was not encrypting messages and that is a danger! Now I am using Telegram with a group of close friends, I hope that in the future all my friends will immigrate to Telegram because it is in fact much superior to other similar programs.

Pros

It is a lightweight application, easy to use and with a beautiful interface. For each message, including: image, video or other type of file, everything is encrypted! If you are one of those people who need to create a group with hundreds or thousands of people in order to advertise something daily then this is the right app.

Cons

The only negative point is that many users still do not use this application, in my 100 contacts only about 15 use Telegram. Another thing I noticed is that it seems to consume more mobile data than other similar applications, but it may just be in my case.

Telegram review

Telegram is the best free app for messaging services. I use for my business & personal needs and being updated with latest news, technology etc by joining to groups.

Pros

Telegram has almost all the features which other popular apps have. Special features I could enjoy which are unique for Telegram are 1. Can search for groups to join on our wish unlike in other apps where the admin of the relevant group has to add us or have to send us an invitation link. 2. PC mode is very easy to use. In other popular apps,...

Cons

1. "….Joined Telegram" is a horrible message 2. A receipt or Read notification is not available 3. Here in Sri Lanka, we have unlimited usage offers of several data packages from mobile/internet providers fo just Rs.107/= per month. But Telegram is not included on those special data packages.

My experience about Telegram

I've been using Telegram for last year and there has never been a day that I didn't use it.The user interface is excellent, and more importantly,  it does not impose any restrictions on the types of files that can be shared. I've used it to share videos of enormous size and it works flawlessly. The only thing I have to manually ignore here are the scammers and spammers who constantly message. This works fantastic.

Pros

The primary reason I began using Telegram was for its privacy and the fact that there are no user limits on groups and channels. More importantly, I adore the night mode, which is extremely comfortable on the eyes. It includes a plethora of developer tools for creating bots, which is a unique feature among instant messaging platforms.

Cons

One of the things that concerns me the most about Telegram is the growing number of scams. If you're on Telegram, you've almost certainly received messages from unknown people offering you advice on cryptocurrency and various other topics, which almost always results in a scam. This is an issue that the Telegram team needs to address, as it seriously tarnishes the platform's reputation.

Simple and reliable chat app

We used Telegram as our official office chat app. It was used to organize our team and to set up work groups that would work together on certain tasks. As our group grew, we switched to other software to manage work groups, but as Telegram holds a special place in our hearts, we decided to keep on using it as our dedicated "off-work" chat app.

Pros

In the age of overload with too many features in a chat app, it was an absolute treat to work with a chat app that is just that. There are no games involved, no timelines, no stories. Just simple chat.

Cons

There was nothing about telegram I disliked. It is exactly what it says it is and I never had any issues with it.

The best messaging app, period.

I use it for daily communication with family, friends and co-workers. We use it as a Slack replacement as well, having different groups for each project. It's fast, simple, and respects your privacy.

Pros

Privacy, unlimited cloud storage, infinite group chat members, public channels, and privacy options. I can continue all day naming all the awesome features Telegram has.

Cons

I can't really think of anything, apart from that not all people use it, so you can't switch completely.

Telegram

So overall it is good platform to use and easy to get. It solved me lot of business deal with it.

Pros

The simple use of it,that I have been using for 3years.I've made a lot of friends around the world because of it.the use of stickers nice and easy. The speed of it is awesome and the safety and security is good.

Cons

What I don't really like about is the registration that requires a phone numbers, and the servers are not open source with IP address

Very easy to use with all feature in one instant messaging app

Right now, Telegram comes with all the features, I need to contact my team from a remote area, with high-speed sharing and large files can be shared easily. All the team members can easily use full privacy protection, able to call and send video files. That's why my organization choose Telegram over whats app. I can also use it on different devices from anywhere, especially on the desktop, telegram supported portable version.

Pros

Telegram has the best privacy option available with chat encryption. I can easily communicate with my team member, family, and international client due to the very wide range of countries supporting this software. It also provides a very large amount of cloud-based storage according to similar service providers. Besides I can share up to 1gb file, and the quality of video and audio file never decreases.

Cons

The user interface can be a little bit improved, sometimes I was unable to find what I needed.

Change all of your message apps and pass without delay to Telegram!

Overall Telegram has lots to enhance at the builder's aspect on account that maximum customers appear to find it irresistible at the start however in the end end up bored to death of it because of the numerous scams and spams. So, many generally tend to uninstall this software with time. It has high-quality functions however the poor factors appear to be better than the positive. The interface and simplicity of use to a newbie is all first-rate however truely it has lots to develop.

Pros

Telegram having more than one characteristic higher than WhatsApp. *we are able to upload 10X participants in organization as evaluate to different messaging app . its quality in safety motive we are able to trust . *name and video connection is good *it helps in android ,ios ,home windows and cant make reproduction account *loose for all users

Cons

It is a disgrace that Telegram did now no longer guide for a name or video name, all they gives is textual content message and the potential to sending media to different people. If they determined to feature the video name feature, I could be the happiest man or woman at the world. Other than that, the entirety is operating flawlessly with this application.

Best Privacy based Social platform

No doubt, Telegram is the perfect Whatsapp substitute. My first contact with the app was an online class, and I had to download the software to be able to join the class. The organizer clearly told us that he chose Telegram because of it's wider audience range. When my phone became faulty, I was able to access Telegram on my system, but I wasnt able to get all my previous chat backs. I really hope they add something like a backup alternative. Also, for desktop users, they should give us the flexibility of connecting our google contacts to the software, for ease of access. Aside these, Telegram is set to take over, fully, from Whatsapp.

Pros

I like that it's groups( and channel) accommodate more participant compared to WhatsApp. I also like the bot feature that could be easily integrated. Voice call- superb, security- excellent. Another great thing is that I can use it on my system, without having to connect with my phone, unlike WhatsApp.

Cons

Customer response is very annoying, my first contact with them has not yielded any response till now. they call it 'volunteers of Telegram support force', but really it's just a bot. They should consider adding a bcak-up feature.

best conversation application for your business

Solved my communication problem with company employees, due to social isolation.

Pros

I use the telegrama for work, what I like best and its biggest difference is the ability to send files without a size limit, allowing to send large media sending videos of over 100MB, besides allowing to make a very large group of people being able to pass more accurate information, in this pandemic scenario caused by the covid the telegram has been the solution for our work home office.

Cons

Aesthetically the application could be more organized, I still miss the video conference calls in the application, I hope it is on the list of next updates.

Best archival and conversation software

Overall the product is great and had a great adhesion for its ease and similarity to another chat app, but with the bonus of accepting many more file forms and interaction formats.

Pros

What I liked the most when selecting for purchase is that the product has a variety of ways of interaction within the conversation groups, there is no limit on the number of members and keep the general file of the entire conversation, facilitating when there is addition of members.

Cons

not that I didn't like the function but as I use for business communication purposes the frames in the videos are not an interesting part for me - too much playfulness for serious communication

La mejor aplicación de mensajería de código a abierto

Pros

Me encanta la función de crear canales de difusión y un montón de herramientas que tiene disponible como ser: videochat, audio chat, grupos, videoconferencias y mucho más. Puedes usar Telegram no solo para mantenerte en contacto con tus seres queridos, sino también para mantenerte en contacto con la oficina.

Cons

Lo que no me gusta un poco es la presencia de bots automáticos que se cuelan en la aplicación.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Telegram is the best for forums,discussions and file sharing.

Telegram has made it easier to communicate with a large audience at once.Team building workshops,discussions and forums are a breeze.Fairly user friendly and most features are easily accessible on a day to day basis. File sharing has become much more effective and large files can be shared with no hassle. Telegram is much more professional when talking to clients and can be easily integrated with other apps.There is room for improvement in the search/filter feature and the audio/video call feature. Overall Telegram is a great app to use and has been an essential tool in my small business.

Pros

File sharing using telegram has become so much easier as I can share and receive large files with no hassle. Forums and discussions accommodate more people hense this saves time as you only have to post to one group for all team members to see the message or files at once. The archive feature is very good to use as ican archive certain chats that I don't wat to delete and I can go back to them whenever I need them. Telegram is user friendly and I can easily access most features I use on a daily basis. I have integrated telegram with other apps seamlessly and it has performed very well.

Cons

Audio and video calls can be improved. I would like to receive notifications and alerts in real-time. Telegram can be very slow at times especially when there are a lot of messages to go through. It immediately stops working and will take about five minutes to get up and running again. The search/filter function can be improved . In the latest update the jump to next channel feature has not been working properly on my mobile device. Can be more user friendly.