Workplace by Facebook Reviews

4.37/5 (267 reviews)

Volodymyr Bilyk

Bizarro Facebook

Reviewed 2018-10-08

What if Facebook was streamlined to essentials and free of excessive fat? That's Workplace. For a long time Facebook was a leisure outlet on the workplace - the one for wasting time and getting lost in-between tasks. With Workplace the dynamics had flipped and now it is a legitimate productivity tool where you can chat with your colleagues, exchange ideas, drop some stuff and discuss serious matters without distracting yourself to everything else in your newsfeed.Workplace combines the best features of Facebook, Slack and Basecamp and makes a case of a private social media application designed for productive communication and not time wasting. It works really well as a company's general newsfeed and it allows to bond the collective in a more easy-going and informal manner. On one hand, Workplace is a perfect working environment for human resources - streamlined, self-contained and direct. It really helps to establish solid internal Employer Branding and keep every member of the team on the same page. There are numerous features that allow various temperature checks of the teams via polls, discussions, etc. On the other hand, Workplace is a really good fit for onboarding of the new team members.

Alvaro Medina

No training needed... everybody knows Facebook!

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Facebook for the office (i.e., via Workplace) has helped our company in terms of community and culture building, communication, collaboration, keeping up to date with the happenings across different departments and teams, messaging via direct chat, group chat, audio, video calls... there's a ton of features that make this a really worth it investment for any company big or small.Almost everyone (except the rather super senior employees) have been using Facebook social media app... They know how it works, its functionalities, and benefits for keeping in touch with the people that matter to them... now, we have exactly the same app.. for use in the office workplace. Therefore, no training needed. Everyone on-board right away. Workplace replaced many of our internal apps (repositories, messaging, collaboration portal, etc). We now use workplace for community building, direct and group/project messaging, sharing of files, photos, and updates, audio and video calls, and live streaming of office events (which also serve as a recording device for late viewing). Everything you love about social Facebook, now available for exclusive work and office use.

Joseric Montemayor

The Facebook app that is meant for work and productivity (not for wasting time)

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Facebook as a social platform has matured a lot, with so many features available for communication and collaboration. It's no wonder why billions of people use it. Now, these same features are made available for our professional work. It's fantastic!I used Workplace when I volunteered on a project c/o a non-for-profit organization. We used it primarily as a Project Management tool to keep everyone in the loop for project planning, collaboration, execution, monitoring, and getting instant feedback. I have a personal Facebook account, and Workplace works in exactly the same way. We created Groups for our project teams. From there we could share files, make posts, create a common calendar, etc. What I loved the most is the use of the chat app for IM, voice and video calls. The live streaming is fantastic as well because we were able to cover our event, stream it live and keep a recording of it for future use.

Clarwin Castro

Facebook for the office!

Reviewed 2018-04-02

All the features of a personal Facebook account are now available for office use! Communication - best for instant messaging, voice and video calls, even live-streaming of our events. Company-wide announcements are now easy to post and even track who's viewed each post. Notifications via email are also helpful to remind 'inactive' people to log-in to Workplace and keep updated via posts and their wall. Collaboration - we can easily create groups as shared workspaces for project work. Culture-building - since we used this app, we experienced an increase in employee engagement. People started sharing all kinds of stuff (mostly work related, but sometimes even non-work-related like outings, birthdays, etc).Workplace is like a clone of Facebook. And since almost everyone in the office has a personal Facebook account, there is very little (to none) on-boarding needed to deploy this app into our entire organization. We are a non-profit organization and so the best part of this is that Facebook offered this product to us Free of charge! All the features of Facebook work great for office use (e.g., creating groups, instant messaging, video and calls, sharing pictures, videos and files) Workplace also allows us to connect with external vendors who have Workplace in their companies. Works great for project implementations.

Jenny Maughan

My company used Facebook Workplace for a bit before we switched over to Slack + Basecamp.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

The Workplace features and functionalities are what I like best because they're more unique than other programs. I've used Slack which I've seen vastly improve company communication (in terms of speediness + efficiency) and company culture (due to GIFs and groups)... I've used Basecamp which has incredibly improved project management + clarity. Workplace, though, is specifically good for onboarding and training. I love the poll feature, too, and I haven't seen that used in other programs. However, the poll feature should be used for strictly non-emotional topics. I've used it to get my team to choose a preference in a date or a time or a food option. It shouldn't be used for diverse or political topics. Run polls in Groups to get a quick pulse on company issues Use Workplace Chat bots to make payroll, benefits or onboarding processes quicker and easier Share Live Videos, webinars and articles for more efficient training Connect new hires to the team (and each other) using Multi-Company Groups Recognise employees quickly and easily in News Feed with a simple Reaction or even a GIF

Leon Calvo

Useful and fun to use.

Reviewed 2018-09-26

Workplace makes my everyday job feels more like an easy-going stress free experience. I think every company should try it out; it is a great way to get to know the people you work with, interact with them, and team up efficiently.This is not the first social network focused on a Company's Business, but Facebook being behind Workplace surely makes it one of the highest grossing Enterprise-Driven Networks right now. The Interface is friendly and as expected, quite similar to Facebook, for not saying identical. It has its obvious differences when it comes to certain features that are more adapted to a Professional environment. The best description to the positive assets that I can give to Workplace is that it is a fun way to get to know the employees of the company you work for, you might find people with the same interests, share funny jokes, videos, photos, statuses, create and join groups, etc. You can create events to invite your co-workers, or even schedule meetings and endeavors that are more related to your company’s main goals. It is easy to use, and if you are a Facebook user you will feel at home.

Emilia Enakhena

My organization is now a community courtesy Workplace.

Reviewed 2018-06-06

Workplace chat - Workplace Chat has a simple and familiar interface like what's obtainable with Facebook messenger. It enable me communicate with my colleagues with ease ,while making use of stickers ,emoji and gifs to spice up my conversations with my work peers. It also enable me to create polls, exchange video clips or share gps location with my team members ,when I am outside the office environment. Groups - Workplace group is similar to Facebook groups , however this time , they serve as collaborative spaces where office tasks ,and projects get done. Workplace group makes it easy to share files in a secure environment , tag team members , get feedback and assign tasks. Org chart - There are over 5000 users on my organizations Workplace. Therefore it can be an hideous task, having to search for team members working on a particular project or staffs in a particular department. Org Chart solves this problem by making it easy for me to quickly search up individual user profiles and team info. , therefore making me expend way less time trying to find out who to contact.

Suri Musiri

Workplace Review

Reviewed 2018-12-18

We have used Workplace for the past year and a half for all office communications. From having live town-hall meetings to polls, we use Workplace for everything. It has provided us with a wide audience, easier participation and better control over information communication. Use of Workplace chat is picking up and it is a great business tool to enhance collaboration, improve employee morale in addition to being easy to use for all employees. For those that are used to Facebook (and that's most everybody) pivoting to Workplace for work purposes is a breeze. It takes a social media platform that everyone is used to and converts that to a work environment. This software has increased user participation and provides a great platform for company wide communication. The ability to set us individual pages for teams/groups or interests is really cool and has resulted in a wide variety of interest groups being formed, which is typically difficult to do outside of a social media platform, especially at work.

Chamakhe Maurieni

Every medium/large organization should use this.

Reviewed 2018-07-03

I like the sense of familiarity which comes with workplace because of its close similarity to Facebook in functionality and aesthetics. The ability to collaborate and communicate with every employee in my organization in locations across the world without necessarily having met them physically is priceless. Workplace makes it possible to do everything I have done on Facebook for years ,but this time within my organization.I can create posts ,share photos of team meetings, communicate with members of my marketing team via groups, organize conference meetings and even stream conference meetings in high definition to other non-physically present colleagues on Workplace via Bluestream.

Bukola Sobayo

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

Reviewed 2018-05-06

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

Anonymous

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

Reviewed 2018-10-09

We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.- Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this. - Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook. - Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Great Tool for Collaboration and Communication

Reviewed 2018-02-19

It's a great improvement from our old chat software. With our old software, you could only message coworkers who were online. Therefore, someone could be in the office but because they aren't signed into the software they won't get your message. Workplace is great because you can message anyone you need to regardless of their online status. In addition, there's a desktop chat app that you can download so you can make sure you're always receiving any messages coworkers send you without having to log into the website.Workplace is essentially the same setup as Facebook. The benefit to this is that since most people already have their own personal Facebook accounts, there isn't much of a learning curve when implementing this software at work. The chat is also a great feature because you an instantly private message a coworker or start a group chat with people you're working on a project with. Lastly, I like the ability to create groups because then you can share certain documents or articles with specified groups of colleagues.

Anonymous

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's nice!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-08

I'm so used to the constant blaring of regular Facebook that a quiet, professional Facebook is very odd. My publishing house set up a Workplace for us to have a private area to post our beta reading items, discuss upcoming anthologies, and things of that nature. It's easy to use because it is basically a private Facebook, but there are still some features missing- which is honestly a good thing. It's built for business networks and geared towards work collaborations, and you can tell when you log on and see the pared down system. It cuts the chatter, ads, distractions, and frankly... messiness down to zilch. It's definitely growing on me.

Philip Kalela

Workplace has brought everyone closer.

Reviewed 2018-12-27

Workplace makes communication within my organization less formal than it was,before we adopted Workplace.Our use of Workplace has improved the bond between everyone across my organization,allowing now have a relationship with colleagues in departments I rarely have any communication with.Workplace has a simple and intuitive user interface.Perhaps what makes it intuitive is because of its close similarity with Facebook.com social networking platform ,which I assume most persons use.I am able to join different groups ,chat with my colleagues in other office locations in other countries ,create group chat sessions, have audio call chats and video conferences. I can start threads and communicate with persons higher up in my organization whom I rarely ever meet in person.

Anonymous

A modern tool for internal communication and transparency.

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Very easy to use UI and short learning curve for employees (since it's built the same way Facebook was built). I often describe it to others as 'Facebook, without all the ads'. Its sole focus is on group functionality so it's great for cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing. We use the Live video functionality often which is great for global participation and alignment.

Simply Amazing

Reviewed 2018-05-30

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc It With workplace i created a network of work with my colleagues and we kept in touch with each other, this has greatly improved our team work and our professional performance and super easy to communicate/coordinate projects with coworkers. I love you can create groups of just certain people. Creating events is also great for when you have meetings, etc.

Josemaria Gabriel

No training needed!

Reviewed 2018-06-29

Facebook features for connecting people is now a platform available for our office. We use this to communicate (internal comms as well as inter-company to vendors who use Workplace), and we also use this to build a strong collaborative culture within our company. Everybody knows how to use FB, so no/to minimal training needed for deployment.(Almost) everyone uses Facebook for personal/social functions... Why not use it for the office? Imagine everything you do in FB (messaging, sharing files and photos, voice and video calling, groups, etc) can now be done within an almost exact copy but limited to official/office function! Best for culture building for any company, as well as inter-company communications.

Anonymous

A fun way to know your colleagues

Reviewed 2018-09-12

I really like Workplace for what it is, a fun, engaging platform.It's not revolutionary or anything, but it uses the interface of a social network, with corporate features. We use it in my business, and everyone likes it. It is also easy to use because everyone in the company has a Facebook. For this reason, the setup was easy, and everyone was on board fairly quickly. We still use it to this day. I learned to know many colleagues on this platform.

Reshma Aziz Khan

Amazing! Collaborative! And fun!

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Getting teams across the world and people who work in remote field offices to start to engage better.It is Facebook for work - so I see so much engagement across our various global teams - we are starting to share work things with people, we have actually used the collaboration function to create documents together, and I get to see pictures from others - really, it's all the great things Facebook is for work!

Justin L.

Workplace provides office communication in a fun way, the Facebook way

Reviewed 2018-06-27

What do you like most about this software?What I like about this software is that it allows everyone to share their ideas with the help of posting or commenting. Making a poll is also easy for everyone. This software is so easy to use since it is patterned to Facebook which most of us use. Inter-company interaction is also possible if both companies are using Workplace

Anonymous

In terms of reports and discussions of certain matters, Workplace aids and helps our institution.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

The Workplace provides tools to institutions or groups of people where they can communicate discussions of a certain topic or matters. The Workplace also serves as their repository of notes, updates, developments and even files of a certain discussion.I am fascinated by the tools it provides the users in creating groups for certain topics and discussions. Also the features of attaching files that are relevant and useful to a certain discussion. And also I like the notification feature of Workplace for the members of the group whenever there are posts and developments in the a topic. The search feature is also helpful to the users.

Jeffrey Allen

Awesome Way to Connect with Employees

Reviewed 2018-08-22

It's a fantastic tool to help improve communication clarity and efficiency. Facebook is the main social platform for the majority of our audience, so it just seemed like a natural fit to use workplace withing the company. It's easy to use for everyone because everyone knows Facebook. The layout is nearly identical to it's social version, so we all picked it up quick. Staying in touch with other departments has never been easier or more intuitive. For me particularly, it's great because I also take care of our social platforms. It's a seamless transition from connecting with distributors and connecting with employees.

Luis Barreto Jr

We utilize facebook workplace for inter-departmental communication.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

I love the ability to place all internal communications into one location. It makes finding the information even easier since it lives on the page you posted to. Its also a great tool to call/message other employees who you may not know personally or have their contact information. We have used it to post critical information and get it to our staff in a quick and timely manner. It is also easy for most people to grasp how to use since it looks and feels like facebook.

Francesca Catanuso

Adds a layer of

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Is the ultimate channel for cross-departmental and flat hierarchical communication. Connects the whole organization with tools that are intuitive and familiar for existing FB users. Helps users communicate, plan meets, share interests and turn ideas into action. Allows you to link events to your Google Calendar. Secure and safe.

Dyllan Alvarez

News is fast and easy within the workplace!

Reviewed 2018-01-23

My manager would post status letting us know when department meetings would take place, also post things like employee of the month and stats for the periods. It is very helpful as its based from my person Facebook page so I don't have to create any new accounts to access.