Workplace from Meta Logo

Workplace from Meta

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

Workplace from Meta Reviews

User ratings

4.4

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.07/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I love how easy it is for someone to put their talents on display and how easy it is for me to find them, helped a lot to find great people to partner with.

SC

Satnam C.

Workplace has given me the opportunity to connect with other independent business owners with similar interests and values. It is a secure platform we feel safe sharing motivating content.

KG

Kristina G.

I'm very pleased and happy with this product. It's helping me to stay connected and be productive in all areas online.

EM

Eva M.

Don't even use it anymore due to the massive spam and inability to turn off notifications.

ML

Mary L.

I disliked the large amount of notifications that are received from the groups that I participated. This impacts directly on my productivity at work, because it spent a considerable amount of time.

CK

Camille K.

Probably the biggest complaint I've heard concerning Workplace is the price as it is a bit on the expensive side for what it does.

BM

Bobby M.

Workplace from Meta users...

Slack-logocaret
+ 10
Microsoft Teams-logocaret
+ 1

Microsoft Teams

Compare both
Indeed-logocaret
+ 1
How would you rate Workplace from Meta?

1,086 reviews

JS

JARED S.

Personal Trainer

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Workplace is a decent product that can communicate responsibilities with a team

Transcript

Jared S: Hi, the name is Jared. I'm a fitness trainer. My rating for Workplace by Facebook is going to...

Workplace by Facebook User Review

Transcript

Lisa: Hi, my name is Lisa. I'm a virtual assistant. I give Facebook for the Workplace four stars. For...

Incredible chatting app for in house communication

Pros

Facebook develop an amazing app for business or office communication. We are using this for the inhouse chatting solution and so far we are happy with it. We got benefited from Workplace by Facebook.

Cons

Although its a productive app but there are still some limitations. Like replaying system is not quite smooth and there is no option to edit any massage. I could be more flexible.

Indispensable internal communications tool

It's a polished online communications platform which is easy to use. At Vodafone it's our workhorse platform for internal communications, and does a great job day to day.

Pros

Workplace enables us to have meaningful dialogue with colleagues rather than just one-way publishing of corporate news. It does everything a social network should in a tried and tested interface that most users are immediately familiar with. Broadcasting video to the platform works well, too.

Cons

Compared to the more 'modern' social networks like Instagram and TikTok content mostly needs to be created off-platform before it is uploaded. Templates / widgets and similar functionalities would further simplify using it. Sometimes key functionalities (such as video viewer statistics) are taken off air for extended periods without much of a warning (though admittedly to improve the service in the end).

Not easy to use at all

Nobody ever responds to your needing help and they don't really let you do much without flagging you. Facebook is going downhill big time. I am staying away from any of their products and their customer service is a big part of that. They are completely out of control with content control.

Pros

I have not had any good experiences with facebook business platform other than the community pages

Cons

The complete confusion of set up and there is always something i am not doing right. They banned me from running ads, which is critical in running an online clothing store. It has been impossible for me to do much with them at all.

It enables for more two-way communication than other platforms

As a result of improved teamwork and communication, our company's productivity increases.

Pros

As a result, our employees are more engaged. Facebook's Workplace supports diversity and employee input because it is built to focus on individuals rather than companies. It motivates our teams to collaborate. Unlike other collaborative tools, Workplace by Facebook improves over time. Combining group discussions and instant messaging does this. Separate Workplace Chat apps with video and audio calls are also available for download. The software improves communication because it allows me to communicate with everyone in the organization. It allows me to upload an unlimited amount of films and images.

Cons

Some features of the chat interface should be enhanced. Alternative instant messaging networks, such as Slack, are incompatible with it. A large amount of administrative and behind-the-scenes effort is required

The corporate Facebook

In our particular case, we use Workplace more as a social network than as a strictly work and task environment. At Workplace we count our achievements, the good news, prizes for collaborators, recognitions, etc; which benefits the good work environment.

Pros

Although Workplace has multiple features, one of its main functions is to strengthen the business culture and the relationship between coworkers, being able to generate different groups to decide whether to share certain information in a more general environment, or with your closest colleagues. At the same time, it allows you to share work appointments, notes to your workers, work calendar and more.

Cons

Despite its remarkable similarity, it is not as easy to use or intuitive as Facebook. The price is somewhat high and makes it not a solution for everyone. Knowing that it is a tool in which all bosses can see your activity, your reports, your tasks, is a bit scary.

The best Internal Company Facebook

really Workplace looks amazing, Keeps me and my team always in touch together and ability to post all the new updates and new statuses about personal or Team achievements and so on , plus updating your profile pictures and Updating your Bio status , Makes work looks like Home as its more comfortable

Pros

The best thing in the Workplace that its look like our internal company Facebook , You are using Facebook features but with your Organization community , Makes all the employees communicated together and engaged in all the organization activity for seeing the new posts and new notifications

Cons

I didnt found anything critical about Workplace Cons , all features are working perfectly and great

Know your team with Workplace by Facebook

I was using this tool while I was working at my very first job. This was really helpful to get to know the colleagues even though we do not work in same project. Also it is a really good tool to know your team as a new joiner. I see it as a kind of knowledge repository. I believe this might be a great tool during this time as many people are tend to work from home. Therefore I would like to recommend every organization to use Workplace by Facebook so that your team will keep engaged while remote work.

Pros

It is very user friendly as most of us are using Facebook. It helps to know your team better and knowledge library is a great way to share the knowledge among colleagues. Being able to join different groups within your organization also helps in learning new things & getting close to colleagues. Again we also able to to know what are important posts and what is really worth looking for.

Cons

I don't see any negatives about this tool. But I would like to suggest some improvements. I guess most of the software professionals use this tool, so that it is better to improve the chat function so that they can use it to share code blocks easily. Also if it can support linking with google calendar, mail boxes like apps would be much helpful too.

Useful, but not as easy to use as regular Facebook

Workplace is useful for building communities within companies, but not as intuitive or simple as regular Facebook

Pros

I like being able to connect and find community within my company, e.g., I am part of a vegetarian/vegan Workplace group, and learn about co-workers with similar interests and can share information, recipes, and photos with them, without having to use my personal Fb account to do that.

Cons

If someone doesn't send a direct link to a part of Workplace (e.g. a Live meeting), it's hard to find that thing yourself. I also experienced numerous login issues, where it wasn't recognizing my login details though they were definitely correct

Meta's try in targeting corporates

Pros

The overall experience of using it and being in touch with the rest of the team is amazing. It provides a Facebook like experience to corporates.

Cons

It still has a lot to catch up when compared to Slack & Teams. It is not as feature rich as the others. The video conferencing feature is nowhere near to Gmeet which made us switch to Gmeet just for meetings. Whiteboard like feature should be added to it.

24x7 meetings

I think it is very important to have a tool that we can use at any time.

Pros

that allows me to quickly connect and invite people who are not part of the organization without problems

Cons

only when I am on the street, the connection is slower, it depends on the area

Expose Your Abilities in an Organization with Workplace by Facebook

Workplace from Facebook is indeed a superb tool for communication, file sharing, and limited collaboration, but it also lacks some basic features that require an organization for proposals and progress tracking. Although, our experience with Workplace is quite good as it has most of the tools that are required by an enterprise-like organization.

Pros

It is a time when every organization wants its employees to become more productive when it comes to working remotely. Workplace by Facebook is providing great collaboration to build closeness between employees and management, everyone becomes important when they get the power to communicate all the time. The best thing to appreciate is that it has a similar user interface as Facebook, therefore it...

Cons

The main focus of Workplace is on communication like Facebook, but it lacks progress tracking features, assigning tasks, and getting follow-ups in real-time. Sometimes, we need proposals to be reviewed and approved by the management or clients, it would be great if there is a feature to add proposals and send them to desired members for review and approvals.

Workplace by Facebook Overall Experience

Overall, we have a place where a group can work together and can have their meetings on their own. Easy messaging in case someone is not around. However, not all people or countries really familiarize this tool. It still needs more push to make the company employees use the platform rather than using others.

Pros

Personally, as Digital Marketing who is knowledgeable with different types of platforms, I really like it. However, some of my colleagues who are Saudis does not like Facebook and workplace features almost the same as regular Facebook. Overall looks and design are very user friendly.

Cons

Yes. The translation. Since this is for business applications, I think it makes sense that the messaging through workplace chat should have a feature for auto-translate. If this can be done, many none users of workplace will have to use the workplace to communicate with the team. It could break the barrier of language deficiency. Integration really is not so good, especially when creating chatbots or linking it to tasks scheduler.

All in one package

We do event planning and put on a lot of events through out the year. A lot of the other similar solutions were mainly geared towards product creation or project completion. We needed something that was familiar and would be easy to train employees. Since this is a Facebook product, we knew this would be easy for our group to pick up and start using. We are a non-for-profit and most of our employees are volunteers, so we needed a solution that would give us fast and immediate communication with our employees. We needed a way to post our upcoming events, and then poll our workforce to who would be available to assist. This was the perfect fit for what we were looking for.

Pros

The software not only provides messaging. but also audio and video calling. There are two separate apps for this software. One is the Workplace app, which works the same as on your computer. The second is the Workplace Chat app. This app is very helpful in communication, as you can video and call via the app, as well as text message. File sharing can also be done via the chat.

Cons

The admin controls don't allow full access. Things like removing an employee, have to be done via email to support. You can deactivate an employee, which has the same effect, but simple employee removal is a must for most organizations.

A whole new way of permitting people to be the part of prevailing technology by working together.

Truly speaking, Workplace by Facebook is a professional version empowering people to construct a team and achieve everything through internal communication.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a platform that is built in application by Facebook. It enables multiple users to connect with each other by assembling groups chats, supporting video calls. It entitles instant messaging and live streaming as well. Live video calling is its enthralling feature so that people can broadcast live straight through their devices. This system is meticulously planned to allow legion-company collaborations with outside teams and partners. Workplace gives people an opportunity to work on common task to attain their goals. It's auto-translation feature has made life much easier that helps people to understand more wisely. This platform builds motivates and promotes people to work in harmony. It's easy to use and a user-friendly platform with troubled-free interface.

Cons

Concisely, Workplace by Facebook offers multiple options to work in a more advanced fashion but show some stumbling blocks. It can make group chats for only upto fifty colleagues and not more, thus causing problem for mass. More over sometimes it also generates spam contents which is a complete wastage of time. Also no tracking system is installed in there to keep a record of tasks and projects. Along with this, sharing off the record information and documentations on this platform is a bit doubtful.

Facebook is my work assistant and retirement partner.

Of the 7.53 billion people in the world today, 2.4 billion people use Facebook, so there's nothing more to say about Facebook's popularity. Apart from the higher educated people, the less educated people can use Facebook very easily and this is why news of one place in the world spreads to other places. The news that popular media can't promote is on Facebook.

Pros

Facebook has taken a big leap as a social media platform. Facebook is deeply embedded in our daily lives. The importance of Facebook in the workplace is immense, so the work can be easily shared by the team. Currently Facebook is a large marketplace, with more subscribers, the advertisement is easily visible in the eyes of the people. Facebook has become such a friend of the people, that it can be easily shared with everyone on the timeline, regardless of the hardships and pleasures of the mind. Many lost friends of school life are found through Facebook. Audio calling In addition to the video calling facility, live chat can be shared with everyone.

Cons

Facebook has a lot of negative effects that are unknown to anyone. Facebook is considered a drug addiction, the boys and girls of the current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook. The illiterate people confuse others with irrelevant pictures on Facebook they do not understand. If the device is not secured, private files can be easily viewed by anyone and can delete important images, One of the major problems is that the photos uploaded to Facebook become much smaller than before.

Bizarro Facebook

What if Facebook was streamlined to essentials and free of excessive fat? That's Workplace. For a long time Facebook was a leisure outlet on the workplace - the one for wasting time and getting lost in-between tasks. With Workplace the dynamics had flipped and now it is a legitimate productivity tool where you can chat with your colleagues, exchange ideas, drop some stuff and discuss serious matters without distracting yourself to everything else in your newsfeed.

Pros

Workplace combines the best features of Facebook, Slack and Basecamp and makes a case of a private social media application designed for productive communication and not time wasting. It works really well as a company's general newsfeed and it allows to bond the collective in a more easy-going and informal manner. On one hand, Workplace is a perfect working environment for human resources - streamlined, self-contained and direct. It really helps to establish solid internal Employer Branding and keep every member of the team on the same page. There are numerous features that allow various temperature checks of the teams via polls, discussions, etc. On the other hand, Workplace is a really good fit for onboarding of the new team members.

Cons

Since this is a Facebook product - there are certain concerns over privacy. When it comes to sharing some sensitive data - actions often proceed in a more trusted environments. On the other hand, there is just too much of the stuff to do. The novelty of "Facebook but for work" wears off pretty fast and it makes Workplace more of a gimmick tool than an actual productivity tool. As it often happen with Facebook newsfeed - it might get crowded and cluttered after a while, especially if the activity is relatively high. Aside from project related groups - it is often nothing more than a link dumpster.

Best Social Media to expand business

I have joined facebook hotel motel association group in 2017 and ever since i was able to find my answers for business related within a minute. thousands of people own more than 2 hotels with different franchise and you can talk to them within a minute them through facebook. Honestly I used facebook hotel group when i bought my second hotel. I asked everything about what do i need to require for business pip if i buy this property and what will be ADR and profit margin and what is franchise fees. I had really good positive experience before i buy this propert through facebook.

Pros

2.4 billion people use Facebook in this world. What else you need to talk about your business? As a two big hotels owner, we use facebook for business purpose more than social purpose. We have more than five hotel motel association groups in facebook where you can talk to anyone in united states who owns hotel motel business. In these group you can talked about hows business in different state, you can buy some used product for hotel use like furniture or equipment with good price. You can always talk about whenever you will going to get your hotel inspect etc. What do you required to meed different hotel franchise and all.

Cons

Facebook has a negative impact on teen age. The current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook and not concentrating on studies. Sometime notification also being annoying and cause a distraction from your work but you can always turn off your notification setting which is good point.

No training needed... everybody knows Facebook!

Facebook for the office (i.e., via Workplace) has helped our company in terms of community and culture building, communication, collaboration, keeping up to date with the happenings across different departments and teams, messaging via direct chat, group chat, audio, video calls... there's a ton of features that make this a really worth it investment for any company big or small.

Pros

Almost everyone (except the rather super senior employees) have been using Facebook social media app... They know how it works, its functionalities, and benefits for keeping in touch with the people that matter to them... now, we have exactly the same app.. for use in the office workplace. Therefore, no training needed. Everyone on-board right away. Workplace replaced many of our internal apps (repositories, messaging, collaboration portal, etc). We now use workplace for community building, direct and group/project messaging, sharing of files, photos, and updates, audio and video calls, and live streaming of office events (which also serve as a recording device for late viewing). Everything you love about social Facebook, now available for exclusive work and office use.

Cons

Data security is and will always be a concern for the modern digital man. Although we know that this is a paid service, hence the data is supposed to be private and secure because it is not meant to be used for ads, and what not... Security, especially of recent, is always a big question mark and concern.

Workplace - A tool to build strong culture and collaboration among employees

Our HR system used Workplace by Facebook for polling purposes, to send notifications, for transparency, culture building and to keep employees stay connected just like Facebook. So far, the response is good from the employee side.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is an app similar to Facebook but meant for work, productivity and to keep employees stay connected. Its layout is like Facebook, so very convenient to use without going through any training. It allows you to form groups basis on departments, projects or organizational hierarchy. Groups can be used for sharing files, feedback or polls. Messaging feature allows you to chat in groups,...

Cons

Workplace comes in different pricing options including Essential, Advanced and Enterprise, so choose wisely depending upon the features you need. Even the highest-paid version allows you to perform group video call up to 50 people. Notification can be annoying and cause a distraction from your usual work.

Space for collaborating with colleague

Pros

The fact that i can use the same account that i have with Facebook to accessing the workplace tools is really amazing and cutting unnecessary step to registering with this software. Adding people that has already on my friend list to the work group is really simple. Apart from the video call feature that are available here, we also use the project management feature for our simple daily project.

Cons

The easy access to the Facebook news feed keep distracting me from my works for hours. It also gives a bad perspective from other people when we are opening the sites as this software is commonly associate as a platform for social media and people may thing that we are playing around on working hours even when we are using it for work related stuff.

Surprisingly Great

Pros

We use mainly the Chat function which is quite great. Thanks to its similiarity with Facebook Messenger it is easy to use even for people who are not very good with computers. The chat is usually working quite well and it is suitable even for online meetings. I appreciate the option to ad profile picture, description and pin message in group chats. It helps us a lot. For the other function, we briefly use also classic groups and notes which works good as well.

Cons

Meta is unfortunately known for not having the stablest software so there are sometimes problems. But they are not occuring very often so most of the time we are quite satisfied with using it. We have a lot of chats and group conversations and it is not possible to make my own folders/labels for them which is pity, it would help a lot.

A Function Workspace for Teams

Overall, Workplace did what we needed it to do and provided us with a functional, no-frills communication board to organize our projects.

Pros

What I like most about Workspace was the ease of communicating with entire teams set up based on individual projects. It allowed for a better workflow inside teams and from one team to the next.

Cons

What I liked least was the very limited features and the inability to have basic admin controls without upgrading. Removing nonactive team members was difficult and created a bit of an issue.

The Facebook app that is meant for work and productivity (not for wasting time)

Facebook as a social platform has matured a lot, with so many features available for communication and collaboration. It's no wonder why billions of people use it. Now, these same features are made available for our professional work. It's fantastic!

Pros

I used Workplace when I volunteered on a project c/o a non-for-profit organization. We used it primarily as a Project Management tool to keep everyone in the loop for project planning, collaboration, execution, monitoring, and getting instant feedback. I have a personal Facebook account, and Workplace works in exactly the same way. We created Groups for our project teams. From there we could share files, make posts, create a common calendar, etc. What I loved the most is the use of the chat app for IM, voice and video calls. The live streaming is fantastic as well because we were able to cover our event, stream it live and keep a recording of it for future use.

Cons

For some of my teammates, they did not want the idea of having to maintain and look at two accounts (one personal/social and the other for work). Not sure if there is a way to connect the two accounts so that some of the posts/etc may be in sync. The mobile app is a bit clunky and updates quite often. I hope they create a "Lite" version similar to the Facebook app (esp for lighter data consumption and light on the smartphone requirements).

Facebook .. for work :)

Overall experience was very good. Workplace was like a really cool place for different team members to discuss daily office work rather than using some mundane office software.

Pros

The workplace is actually social networking for work. Its really convenient to use across the company and different team members can be tagged for any work to be assigned to them. The workplace posts can be directed to all the team members for passing on the vital information and discussions on the topic can be done using the comments section, just like the Facebook. The team events can be shared live on the platform also along with other facebook features available like chat etc.

Cons

The overall experience with software was really good but the one thing which is missing is keeping track of the tasks assigned to different team members by tagging them in a post.

Facebook for the office!

All the features of a personal Facebook account are now available for office use! Communication - best for instant messaging, voice and video calls, even live-streaming of our events. Company-wide announcements are now easy to post and even track who's viewed each post. Notifications via email are also helpful to remind 'inactive' people to log-in to Workplace and keep updated via posts and their wall. Collaboration - we can easily create groups as shared workspaces for project work. Culture-building - since we used this app, we experienced an increase in employee engagement. People started sharing all kinds of stuff (mostly work related, but sometimes even non-work-related like outings, birthdays, etc).

Pros

Workplace is like a clone of Facebook. And since almost everyone in the office has a personal Facebook account, there is very little (to none) on-boarding needed to deploy this app into our entire organization. We are a non-profit organization and so the best part of this is that Facebook offered this product to us Free of charge! All the features of Facebook work great for office use (e.g., creating groups, instant messaging, video and calls, sharing pictures, videos and files) Workplace also allows us to connect with external vendors who have Workplace in their companies. Works great for project implementations.

Cons

This is cloud-based and all data is stored on Facebook servers in the cloud. If you are wary of Data Privacy, just make sure to review the privacy notice, and terms of use.