Premier Reviews

4.53/5 (115 reviews)

Andrea Ohm

Jonas Premier has been an exceptional software to work with here at McGuire and consistently continues to get faster, more detailed, and user friendly on a monthly basis!

Reviewed 2018-05-02
Review Source: Software Advice

McGuire has been a customer with Jonas for over 2 years and we have been extremely happy with the continued upgrades, support, and top notch software they provide at an affordable price. Looking forward to future enhancements and having the opportunity to meet not only your staff, but other customers at your upcoming convention! Speed, versatility, customer support, and friendly staff. When work/construction was scarce for our company, you took the time to help us come up with a payment plan. The reporting is amazing! You have made a lot of changes in regards to being “user friendly” AKA the ability to delete. Keep this going! Pending AP Invoice Report is also a great addition. I am grateful for your monthly webinars followed by the taped session to refer back to. Dashboard is fresh…love it!

Nikola Ilic

Strong Customer Support and Workflow Approval Capabilities

Reviewed 2018-05-28
Review Source: Software Advice

I would recommend this software to other companies in the real estate sector. While the software has some weaknesses, their team is constantly working on adding new features to improve the user experience and efficiency. Also, customer support at Jonas is very strong and their team is usually very responsive and is there to make sure your transition goes successfully.The software has very robust workflow routing capabilities and can help companies transition to a paperless workflow approval process. Controls within Jonas are strong and there is a lot of ability to customize what each of the users can and cannot do in the system. The implementation team is very helpful and responsive to questions/concerns. They work hard to address issues encountered and have helped to ensure that the transition process goes smoothly as possible.

Alex Szollosi

Jonas Newbie

Reviewed 2015-03-12
Review Source: Software Advice

So far, the product has been easy to maneuver and understand. When I purchased Jonas a competitor asked why Jonas? Here is my response: "I liked the fact that I don’t buy modules. I buy a complete package that is updated regularly and I get those updates. All apps are part of the package. This enlarges our use of licenses. Since Jonas is Microsoft based, we use our existing estimating system and it will populate the Jonas system. One less group to train. I am locked into unlimited training at a defined cost. The system is cloud based not cloud stored. Access is anytime as a result. I was able to define my cost exposure 100%. That was a tremendous comfort zone. I know what my yearly cost exposure potential is limited to. I hope that helps as I wanted a solid comfort with the system I chose. In all cases Jonas seemed to best fit our needs." Response from competitor: "Thank you for your candor. All good reasons, especially pertaining to the “good fit” statement. I wish you and Max Construction all the best in the coming years and hope I get to hear how everything goes at some point in the future. It has been a pleasure working with you."

Micah McCracken

Jonas Premier consistently exceeds my expectations.

Reviewed 2018-11-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I've used several Job Cost Accounting software packages, from SAGE 100, SAGE 300, and ProContractor. Jonas Premier is by far my preferred package. I'm telling you, their support team and development team is amazing!This product is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve. The development team is AMAZING! They are generally interested in what features could be improved or introduced to make your workflow easier. The fact that the program is 100% Cloud Based makes things so much easier for us. Also, it is very easy to modify reports and forms as much as you want.. You don't have to use some awkward reporting engine, you can use Word and Excel to modify reports and get data in/out of the system with ease.

Nathan Monroe

Perfect Construction Accounting Solution for Small Contractor

Reviewed 2017-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

More time you take to set this product up correctly, the more it will benefit you in the end... Take your time and get it set up right!Jonas Premier has a very user friendly interface, and allows for more customization than a product like QuickBooks or Sage 100 for a small contractor. Most software packages in the cloud don't allow for easy integration with Microsoft products, however, Jonas Premier does an excellent job of allowing for quick data entry via uploads (something QuickBooks specifically doesn't allow out of the box). Getting up and running with the software was easy and enjoyable through the webinars hosted by customer support.

Ty Stewart

Keeps getting better

Reviewed 2018-04-26
Review Source: Software Advice

We've been with Jonas Premier for four years now. During that time my experience has been very positive. When there are bugs, issues, or questions that arise, the support team is very responsive and helpful. The leadership team is very connected with the needs of their customers; they care about what their clients want and need and their development team delivers. The software has grown and matured nicely. The most recent version is a significant enhancement that has been in the works for a while now, but it was well worth the wait. I like the software....I love the company. Premier has been a valuable partner to us.The newly released Premier is very responsive; crisp and quick, with drill down capability throughout. We have yet to fully use the capabilities of the software.

Chunrong Huang

Smooth/excellent TRANSITION with help of the JONAS implementation team

Reviewed 2018-04-23

The different models are excellent to meet the accounting requirements for contractor, construction and development companies. I especially like the excel uploading/downloading function which saved us a lot time! And compared with other softwares I implemented, the function to transfer beginning balance is an easy work now. The job costing model, the PO model and the Subcontract model are excellent and enable us to provide any reports that the projects team would request.

Zach Caron

Bang for your buck!

Reviewed 2018-12-10
Review Source: Software Advice

It is a seamlessly integrated, fully-mobile product that can be adapted to the varying situations that present themselves for modern construction company. Being that it is cloud based we are ready to job on a project location as soon as we have internet access; no long winded set-up process or expensive IT costs for VPN or remote server set-up. Your controller will love the product as much as your PMs if they are used to any of the traditional or non-integrated systems.

Novzar Dastoor

Perfect software for seemless integration of estimates, budgets, committments, costs and EAC

Reviewed 2018-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Jonas Premier people hold your hands during the transition period, patiently answer all your questions and concerns and ensure a successful transition. Periodic introduction of new features strive to keep the software responsive to customer needs and wish lists1. Logical sequencing of menu items 2. End to End consistent user interface 3. Excel training program 4. Committed and customer focused client support 5. A robust document management system

Braxton Buckway

AWESOME!!!

Reviewed 2018-07-19
Review Source: Software Advice

We love it!The software meets all our needs. We run 13 companies each with different needs. This is a construction software, but we do other companies involving investments, property management, and it meets all our needs and more. One of our favorite features is the document manager. It is super easy to grab documents and attach that document to any transaction. It frees up our computer space and organizes it much better than we could have by ourselves. This software really is for everyone that wants to take the time to learn. It is a tedious process to get started, but well worth it and will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Rachel Gardner

Jonas Premier Construction Software

Reviewed 2014-08-25

Pros: *Premier is cloud based making it easily accessible on any computer. This eliminates the need to install the program on various office computers. It also eliminates the need for a server in the office to back up the data. *Premier covers all of our accounting and project management needs. As they expand the software (ie. added Project Management), we are using fewer external software product. We are able to do all of our accounting and project management in one package. This has simplified the process of change orders, subcontracts, etc where accounting and project management cross paths. *Premier has a common layout from one screen to the next. This has made it easy to train people on using the software. As a trainee becomes proficient at one aspect of the accounting/project management, I can easily add another screen/task to their duties. *They have recently added a new community website that allows me to submit, and keep track of my cases. I can also submit ideas for future development of the software and review and promote others ideas. *The Premier team is very helpful and quick to respond when I have a question or problem. When I submit a case, they will call me, usually the same day, if they need more information to understand my problem. They check in with me on a regular basis to see if I am need anything. There is a quarterly webinar to keep us up to date on what has been added to the program, what is in the works for the future, and to find out what we consider our main issues with the program. There are monthly "continuing education" webinars on how to use Jonas Premier more efficiently Cons It meets all of our reporting needs, however the reporting still needs some work, but they are working on some new reporting options.

Lissy Messmore

Very helpful and very prompt with answers

Reviewed 2018-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

It is a very trouble free system to use most of the time, Jonas support team as been helpful during our difficult times with the system.

Jenn McMiller

Still in the training phase

Reviewed 2018-12-06
Review Source: Software Advice

We are very excited to go live with Jonas and see what it can do for our company!I'm still in the training phase, but so far I have been incredibly impressed with the capabilities of the system. The amount of automation available is very encouraging for me as a member of a small business where everyone is wearing a lot of hats. Any functions we can push off onto automation is wonderful! The flow of information through each module is also impressive. It keeps everything every organized and buttoned up by project. This will be great when audits roll around. I also love the alerts to warn you of items needing attention.

Andrea Vera

Overall good

Reviewed 2018-06-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Great customer service. Constant updates to the software have greatly improved Jonas Premier over time. Has improved since the move to Chrome.

Tricia Avis

Jonas Review

Reviewed 2018-04-25
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a mid-sized construction management company in Michigan. We outgrew Quickbooks and needed a program that had a more robust job costing function. Jonas allows us tonnage our projects from start to finish. Our implementation team and support team has gone above and beyond in making sure our switch has been smooth and provided training both through web sessions and one-on-one. We’ve had to make some changes in our procesdures but overall it’s working well for us.

Karen Koutroubis

Premier has our backs!!!

Reviewed 2017-04-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Ease of Use - we love how it's systematic, organized and well thought out. The people behind this product are what makes it that much better...they truly listen and support us and it makes all the difference.

Alex Szollosi

Maturing with JONAS

Reviewed 2016-10-18
Review Source: Software Advice

It was hard work. The JONAS staff was always encouraging and available. I feel that JONAS is not just a product we use but a partner with MAX Construction, Inc. I love sharing my ideas with JONAS. Some even are being adopted. Some are not, but as a team we are getting the best of both worlds and a product that can be catered to our needs. JONAS listens and adapts the ideas that will benefit the majority.All information is in real time. Now that we are set up and operating we are developing the reports, and switching over to JONAS as our total system. Eventually we hope to be paperless. I love that I can access JONAS from anywhere in the world. I like the challenge of making this product something special. It looks like it was written for our needs only and yet it services such a large variety of customers.

Julia Rosenkrantz

Finally a program for contractors built by contracotrs

Reviewed 2015-05-26

Pros: only use what you need, easy to navigate between modules, great reporting capabilities, easy user set up - users only have access to what they need to do their job. Easy AP and AR. Forms are customizable and Word, Excel and Outlook Add-ins are available. There is an online community of users you can search for answers in, you can vote on other user ideas and submit your own to Jonas to see if they would consider implementing. They are always progressing based on the user needs. Cons: If you are looking to go live and start using this program right away it might not be for you. There are about 15-20 training sessions that should be attended with homework along the way. We've been told there is a "fast track" way to speed up the training sessions if needed. Also, we just discovered any invoice entry into the program during training will not transmit to your real company when you go live. So don't try to do real time accounting during training and hope to use it in the future, just use the time to practice and understand the system. Details: You will have to dedicate time to the training sessions, homework and 1 on 1 sessions with Jonas employees. While you are in training you get to use a test company to practice and are actually setting up your OWN company structure - banking, GL, customers, vendors, employees, cost codes, etc.... we used ViewPoint Construction software for years and finally decided the version we were using was too expensive and too intense for our needs.

Mike Parsons

Parlay Woodworks Ltd Reviews Jonas Premier

Reviewed 2014-03-01

Jonas Premier is a great product for all construction companies of any size. It allows you to be more organized and provides powerful real-time information for management. As a contractor with minimal accounting/bookeeping experience I found the training process very logical and straight forward. The training staff at Jonas take their time to make sure you really understand how the system works. The job costing module lets you stay on top of things and provides alerts to help you make adjustments to costs in real time. The progress billing module helps make sure that all of your money is accounted for. You can great custom forms for invoices, change orders and billing applications. The program is setup logically with most modules flowing in the same way. Once you learn how to use one you can use them all. Another very important feature is the reporting. Reports can be viewed online or exported to Excel or PDF. Reports can also be customized to suit your needs. I find that sometimes the system will glitch out and need to be restarted from time to time. Also, if you do not have high speed internet (I don't on Baffin Island) you'll spend a bit of time waiting for the system to process information. The good news is that whenever there is an issue with the system the support team is always there to help. Their talented staff respond to issues in a timely manner and are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that my issues are resolved.

Brian Clark

Good for Companies in the Construction/Development Space

Reviewed 2018-07-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Jonas Premier should be given a careful look by anyone shopping for construction accounting software. After looking at all of the major players in this space, we chose Jonas an think that for a company of our size it is the best.Jonas has great service and is invested in walking you through the training and implementation process. I feel that when you sign up with them you will not fall through the cracks. The MS Office add ins make moving data in and out of the system easy and fast.

Karen Koutroubis

Exceptional - as always!

Reviewed 2018-05-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Ease of use - new features and performance are top notch. CS is amazing - helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and prompt

Denise Caudill

Growing Software with Growing Company

Reviewed 2018-04-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Ease of use, paperless documentation, willingness to improve with customer's needs, friendly and fun people

Chris Toris

Staff were very helpful in answering my questions regarding payroll upload and case issues that I submitted.

Reviewed 2018-04-11
Review Source: Software Advice

The Chrome version is a lot more user friendly versus the internet explorer version. Looking forward to future improvements.

Phillip Martin

A Complete Project and Financial Management Application

Reviewed 2018-11-28
Review Source: Software Advice

We are moving to Jonas Premier from another similar "all in one" solution, and from what we have experienced so far, Premier is a much more robust and easier to use system. I have to credit the ease of use to the great training program Jonas has, and also all of the support we have received along the way to ensure Premier worked for us. With our last application, we felt that we had to bend to the system and we felt forced to change our operations. However, with Premier, we were showed how to make Premier work for us and mold to the way we were already operating. We are a rapidly growing company, so it was important to us that we had a system that was robust and could grow with us. We feel Jonas Premier is the solution for our company.The ease of use and its robustness. It handles project management and financial management extremely well.

Samuel Keyes

The custom service has been stellar. Everyone is very easy to work with and always happy to help!

Reviewed 2017-07-06

The easy integration was the best part about this product. I have been through many accounting integrations and this was by far the easiest.