Premier Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

See full reviews by rating

BD

Benjamin D.

Great ERP for the price - outstanding features and customer support.

GW

Guy W.

The easy integration was the best part about this product. I have been through many accounting integrations and this was by far the easiest.

SK

Samuel K.

There are no things that I don't like about the software, anything that I questioned or had a hard time with Premier support fixed or helped me with quickly.

SJ

Stacey J.

Sluggish when dealing with large amounts of data.

NC

Nick C.

It's very difficult to get it to integrate with our current estimating software. We're in the process of changing over, so I know it's only temporary.

JD

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Sage Estimating-logocaret

Sage Estimating

Compare both
How would you rate Premier?

Outstanding Product with great customer service

Jonas delivered, I would recommend Jonas to anyone interested in an accounting system integrated with project controls for a construction company.

Pros

The level of customization and the fact that it is online-based with powerful capabilities.

Cons

The implementation took longer than I expected, in part because I underestimated the effort required to do it.

Bang for your buck!

Pros

It is a seamlessly integrated, fully-mobile product that can be adapted to the varying situations that present themselves for modern construction company. Being that it is cloud based we are ready to job on a project location as soon as we have internet access; no long winded set-up process or expensive IT costs for VPN or remote server set-up. Your controller will love the product as much as your PMs if they are used to any of the traditional or non-integrated systems.

Cons

You have to create and format all/many of the forms/reports, which is both time consuming and can cause potential continuity errors. I believe that they are working towards solutions for this though.

Perfect software for seemless integration of estimates, budgets, committments, costs and EAC

Jonas Premier people hold your hands during the transition period, patiently answer all your questions and concerns and ensure a successful transition. Periodic introduction of new features strive to keep the software responsive to customer needs and wish lists

Pros

1. Logical sequencing of menu items 2. End to End consistent user interface 3. Excel training program 4. Committed and customer focused client support 5. A robust document management system

Cons

I would love to see: 1. Complete glossary of all field headings used in all forms and reports 2. A user driven Report Builder that allows the user to pick and choose various fields, make choices for filtering, grouping, sorting and totalling data, enabling them to design their own reports

Comprehensive Construction ERP that puts on everyone in the organization on the same page

Fantastic company. Led by a phenomenaly brilliant leader and a very intelligent and knowledgeable team. This has created a very practical and pragmatic approach to their software development bringing it to a point of being a phenomenal user experience.

Pros

Dashboards and reporting are both very informative, useful and provide actionable information. In addition the ability to navigate to the other screens necessary to make changes or dive further into information are easily accessed from many points within the software.

Cons

Slight learning curve depending on what software is currently being used. Some project management tools are still under development.

AWESOME!!!

We love it!

Pros

The software meets all our needs. We run 13 companies each with different needs. This is a construction software, but we do other companies involving investments, property management, and it meets all our needs and more. One of our favorite features is the document manager. It is super easy to grab documents and attach that document to any transaction. It frees up our computer space and organizes it much better than we could have by ourselves. This software really is for everyone that wants to take the time to learn. It is a tedious process to get started, but well worth it and will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Cons

My only con would be that the training videos are a little long. I think the videos could be a quick overview of the item that is being trained on, then we are required to go and try and figure it out ourselves. The great thing with Jonas is that you can mess up in your test company and nothing carries over once you go live. So mess up as much as you want, it will help you learn. If the videos had a little revamp and shortened with more interaction, there would be not a single con to this software.

Jonas Premier Construction Software

Pros: *Premier is cloud based making it easily accessible on any computer. This eliminates the need to install the program on various office computers. It also eliminates the need for a server in the office to back up the data. *Premier covers all of our accounting and project management needs. As they expand the software (ie. added Project Management), we are using fewer external software product....

OSS Administrator Review

Overall good experience, support is hit or miss, but it seems they are building a team and a system that would improve this. Our struggles getting assistance with our SOX compliance has not been a good experience to the point where we love the product but may have to switch platforms to abide by our SOX legislation. This was not really a problem for us until we were acquired by a publicly-traded company.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. I like the training seminars and how frequent they are.

Cons

Lack of SOX compliance or access to change logs and other detailed reports that would make the software SOX friendly.

Very helpful and very prompt with answers

Pros

It is a very trouble free system to use most of the time, Jonas support team as been helpful during our difficult times with the system.

Cons

Having trouble with reports and providing what my supervisor needs on some reports and not having descriptions on those reports. Also, when needing to change the distribution of an invoice is not simple and easy as it should be, we need to reserve the invoice completely and re enter it with the correct distribution.

Awesome Software

It's been great! Customer support is great and we've had a positive experience so far.

Pros

The reports in Premier are amazing and very easy to use/understand. It's so easy to access information by vendors, by project, by account! They have drill down features on their reports as well which makes it easy to keep track of where you are with a project. I also really love the Job Dashboard. This dashboard allows me to keep track of compliances, retainage and AP for my job.

Cons

We initially did struggle to bring over some of our information per project. It would be nice to be able to easily adjust opening invoices.

Overall good

Pros

Great customer service. Constant updates to the software have greatly improved Jonas Premier over time. Has improved since the move to Chrome.

Cons

Some common functions that should be available are difficult to access like an hours and time report based on time frame and not just jobs. Thankfully we can now access this but we must access it through excel which is cumbersome. Also, I am happy that Premier is on Chrome now so I can use it with my mac, but having some external links through excel only, is not helpful; perhaps make add ons so that we can access these same functions on excel for mac.

Great Implementation for Great Software

Jonas has put effort into ensuring the onboarding process is successful. They do not allow you to just turn it on and start using it, you have to be trained and the plan to train you is effective. They have an organized list of classes and videos with assigned homework. The time commitment is reasonable for us in this crazy industry.

Pros

I like that this is truely software in the cloud and not just a hosted solution. Jonas has put together an excellent solution for the construction industry for medium-sized businesses. The integration between accounting and PM is excellent and the ability to easily customize forms without a substantial coding background makes it easy for our company to appear professional to our clients without too much effort. Jonas has an organized on-boarding process which forced me to slow down and really learn the software before we went live.

Cons

So far, my only issue is that I wish we could approve a subcontractor change order from a PCO - as it happens, more than anyone wants to admit. But honestly, I haven't been using the software long enough to know whether there is a good work-around.

Jonas Premiere SW review

Before moving to Jonas the job costing was all being done on excel spreadsheets - which is very prone to error and required much manual entry and duplication of entry leading to errors. Jonas job costing has solved the management of that.

Pros

It is a very robust system - there is great value for money given what the software can do for the cost. The progress invoice application system provides great reports. Great integration between Job cost and GL.

Cons

Some times it hangs and have to shut down and come back in. Get some weird error messages sometimes. Best then to shut down and start over.

THE BEST SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET FOR PROJECT BASE ACCOUNTING

I have been with Jonas Premier from the day #1. The software has improved its capacity and become a very sophisticated software. Customer service has improved 100%. They respond quickly and they are able to solved the problem right away.

Pros

WEB BASE SOLUTION, DRILING ACCOUNT OPTIONS, GETTING INFORMATIONS AND NAVIGATE THROUGH OUT VERIOUS MODULS, REPORTING

Cons

PAYROLL MODULE DOES NOT FULLY SATISFIED ME. I have been

review

when dealing one on one with customer support it ha been great. when calling in to help line it could take awhile to get an answer.

Pros

As we go through the learning process I realize the software can do a lot we just have to learn how to use all the modules. it can save us a lot of time on from the way we were previously doing things.

Cons

some of the reporting features are not there.

Premier

Pros

Cloud based and very user friendly for our Project Managers. Staff at Jonas Premier are very helpful and open to suggestions in order to continue improving the software.

Cons

Reports are available however it would be good to be able to combine information from various reports into one report. The ability to export any inquiry screen to excel would be great.

Project Manager Review

Overall my experience has been good. I feel as though we have had a lot of issues on the accounting transition and that has affected our company as a whole. We are getting close to having it working properly.

Pros

I like the project management tools and how well the integrate with the accounting.

Cons

I am disappointed in the daily reports and mobile app. I think there is a huge opportunity to make the mobile app much more user friendly. It needs to give field personnel the ability to review and interact with their previous daily reports; that necessary function that is not available.

New User

Premier is a software that is increasing our efficiency initially and I am anticipating it to continue to increase as we use it more. I am very pleased with our choice and feel that it will allow our company to perform and grow profitably and efficiently in the future.

Pros

The software is very intuitive use and very easy to use. The integration between accounting and project management is very smooth, getting committed costs across both platforms and allowing for electronic subcontractor pay apps really emphasizes the efficiency of this software. The ability to customize the document management is also very helpful. The training program was very thorough and helped us to go live very easily.

Cons

The submittal module and a drawing management modules are the two that need the most attention, but both of these are being upgraded in the few months.

Can be great depending on your needs

Jonas premier can be best described as a project management software with some accounting features built in.

Pros

The project management aspect and the integration between the project management and accounting are excellent, especially with subcontracts.

Cons

Invoice entry can be very frustrating, e.g. not being able to add vendors from the invoice screen, and not being able to see the remaining budget for cost items until after sending invoices for approval. Also, editing things that were previously posted can be extremely frustrating.

Lance's Review

very good experience so far

Pros

project management tracking, AP functionality and GL integration

Cons

initial setup, it was a bit time consuming

Premier - Great resource tool as well as accounting

Budgeting has been our biggest weakness. This is getting us back on track and exposing areas where we need to do a better job.

Pros

The budgeting and subcontract is something we need greatly. This tool is helping us get our budgets in line and mange our subcontracts better.

Cons

Did not like having to setup the journals. You had to set up General Journal, Sales and purchase. These are pretty standard so not sure why these need to be set up

Jonas Review

Pros

We are a mid-sized construction management company in Michigan. We outgrew Quickbooks and needed a program that had a more robust job costing function. Jonas allows us tonnage our projects from start to finish. Our implementation team and support team has gone above and beyond in making sure our switch has been smooth and provided training both through web sessions and one-on-one. We’ve had to make some changes in our procesdures but overall it’s working well for us.

Cons

I switched from Quickbooks and the implementation was difficult at times. The implementation team worked closely with me and was very knowledgeable.

Homebuilder/Developer

Pros

We have a fairly complicated structure for a real estate company with different subsidiaries using different cost structures and revenue types. Premier was able to adapt the software for our business fairly easily. Having just past the year mark, it is functioning very well for our business.

Cons

Nothing that I have found yet. Despite using it for over a year, I still feel like we are only using a small percentage of its capabilities.

Premier has our backs!!!

Pros

Ease of Use - we love how it's systematic, organized and well thought out. The people behind this product are what makes it that much better...they truly listen and support us and it makes all the difference.

Cons

My day to day would be more efficient if the screens were more intuitive when it comes to Data entry.

Customer Service Super Star

This is an accounting software... It does what I need it to and executive helps with "work-a-rounds" when it doesn't.

Pros

Great Value and Great Customer Service when the software doesn't process data the way intuition would dictate.

Cons

Seems I'm always uncovering "bugs" or situations that require creative work-a-rounds.

Awesome Product

Pros

Premier really makes tracking contract documents much easier. I've been using Premier mainly for submittals and other functionalities on the project management side and i've been thoroughly enjoying all the features. I absolutely love the Job Dashboard because it gives a great overview of the project, of what is outstanding and helps us stay on track. We also love working with the customer support team as they respond very fast and are flexible with their clients.

Cons

Daily Job Log needs some work but the team is working on revamping this feature.