Auction Software

Software for forward, reverse, penny, and silent auctions

Auction Software Reviews

Pros

Auction software was the perfect solution for our business requirements and with the help of an effective team, we managed to customise and re-brand the site to our vision for Sirbie.

Carmen v.

Geoff C.

It is very affordable and it really helps me move a lot of the old merchandise I have and the new I want to collect. The customer service that I received was great.

bryan h.

Cons

In searching for the right tool for the job, we encountered many substandard developers with inferior products.

Rick S.

The integration into payment processing is difficult to set up and test.

Dan C.

Customizing a new site is a difficult endeavor. There is so many variables to consider.

Jonathan B.

Reliable, Affordable, Quality e-Commerce Services

We've experienced positive business relations with Auction Software for 5 years. They've always been reliable and capable of solving almost any e-commerce issue we've faced. Auction software has always provided excellent service and capable teams to handle all essential aspects of our e-commerce product creation timelines. From product management to design to development and live-launch, Auction Software is highly skilled for every step of the way.

Pros

Everything is easy with Auction Software. Auction Software's team helped us create and grow two e-commerce companies that I've managed from the ground up. And in both scenarios all work was performed with transparency and full reliability. Everyone at Auction Software is professional, trustworthy, and accountable in their work. And their proprietary software makes everything simple to manage along the way.

Cons

I can't think of many cons with Auction Software.

Extremely satisfied customer this is now the 2nd project we have had built by auctionsoftware.com

This is my 2nd project/business built by auction software and we have been extremely demanding and every aspect has been built as requested. I have used 3 other software companies before going to auction software and we had nightmare situations with the other 3 companies that wasted a lot of money and time. With the other 3 companies either the software would not work or they could not debug and with...

Pros

I liked the customization options as it is very flexible and can meet extremely demanding and complex requirements. I also liked that we did not need to spend a ton of money on branding design as it looked great straight out of the box. The support during and after development is absolutely great. The cost is a big factor for us and I find it's extremely good value for money. I had very bad experiences with other companies before using auction software and auction software turned things around for us simply because they can make stuff work and make the software stable

Cons

I didn't have any criticisms and I think that say's a lot

Don't bother.

Dreadful.

Pros

What we liked most, was the idea. We spent just over a year building and customizing the platform on the premise that after the development and subsequent 12 month maintenance contract we could take control of our creation.

Cons

Unfortunately, as soon as the maintenance contract kicked in, the developers and the owner did not seem to care that our website did not process payments. There was no accountability for prepaid hours and the site was not hosted in Australia as per our contract. There were countless other issues and lies. We spent 2-3 months chasing them for a solution. They only started to care when we cut their monthly...

Business is a two way street and customer is the king. We strongly believed this. Even though the customer was unreasonable, we worked many hours including paypal issue which was not ready . In spite of 4 outstanding 180 days past due payment (May-Aug), we did not stop the work on a good faith till Dec 19. We offered $75 hosting but customer declined and would like to host in Australia for free which...

Good Leadership and Sharp Development Team

Overall good, but would be great without the missed deadlines and bas cost estimates. Need more communication from the development team on that end.

Pros

The development team was able to execute my vision and keep the initial development within budget. Always have good communication with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

Deadlines slip and on a couple of occasions, cost estimates have proven to be way off.

Excellent software and responsive technical and management team.

We have had a demanding customisation project - based on Auction Software's platform. Our customisation has been extensive, and sometimes a moving target - a challenge for any development team, and I know we have been demanding of AS's team. They have consistently risen to the challenge and delivered, above and beyond expectations. Excellent communication and timeliness from the project management team, they are committed to customer satisfaction and very customer-focussed and determined to see us succeed. Not only cost effective, but great management, responsiveness, and a willingness to engage.

Pros

The auction software is flexible and extensible. The architecture is modern and performs well in a cloud based environment. (We're running on Amazon's AWS with advanced database and operational configuration to meet demanding performance requirements). The base system design permits enhancement, and we have some unique requirements that we are implementing with Auction Software's help.

Cons

I have no negative comments about the software or system delivered.

Great Affordable Solution

We had a concept which we shared and Auction Software made it a reality. We are happy with the result. This is the third development which Auction Software has assisted us with, and we expect to contract additional development with them in the future.

Pros

Auction Software is responsive, fast, creative, affordable. As with any new development, the initial vision evolved and there were changes along the way. Thankfully, Auction Software was accommodating throughout, often providing helpful solutions and insights. This is a great team which is highly recommended.

Cons

We haven't experienced any cons with Auction Software.

Highly Recommend Auction Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the entire team at Auction Software are incredible! They have customized the platform to fit exactly what we need for our business. They are quick and efficient to address any changes to the platform that we request, keeping us up to date on projects they are working on within CaseCamp, as well as being available at a moments notice should we run into something that needs immediate resolution. The team is thorough and detailed, and we have really enjoyed working with them.

Pros

All processes are now within one platform instead of needing multiple platforms like we had prior to working with Auction software.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at the moment.

Marketplace and Auction software

Pros

Simple to use, usability, design, many features available

Cons

Not for the moment, all features work properly

Customized Build

I had an overall good experience with AS and their team.

Pros

I had a very difficult auction platform containing 3 different program companies and needed a specific solution to host and build a comprehensive auction platform. AS delivered even with a global pandemic and was able to work very hard over many months to complete my project. My particular auction service is unique and I am pleased with the results.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time. I am still working with AS on some fixes and am confident they will take care of it.

Auction Software Review

Pros

The staff is very easy to work with , every one is fast to reply to emails and calls

Cons

no major complaints , some things took a little time to get done.

Successfully took on a challenging product

AuctionSoftware was not only affordable, but they were willing to step out of their comfort zone by working with 3rd party vendors for payment and shipping that they hadn't interface with before. Through the difficult parts of the project, our assigned project manager kept the team on task and communicated often with us to clarify requirements for the project to make sure we were satisfied with the implementation of our website. It was a pleasure to work with the entire AuctionSoftware team. I would highly recommend them for anyone that needs an eCommerce site developed for them.

Pros

- affordable - good communication - issues/bugs resolved quickly - project tracking was seamless in CaseCamp - team went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction with the product - implemented new features that didnt exist in their base templates. This was a must for us and they delivered very well.

Cons

None really, the project took longer than expected to be delivered, but due to the complexity it was understandable. The CEO was very apologetic about the delays and worked with us and the team to ensure completion as fast as possible.

Good Base product. Customization Could be better

The US team was professional and responsive. The India team was also pleasant, but overall, I didn't feel that I was working with top designers and devs who could provide added value to the process. They tried to achieve (and mostly succeeded) in delivering what was asked for, but it took a lot of back and forth to get there, rather than them having a solid grasp of best practices for my industry and providing functions and designs even better than the basic deliverable requested.

Pros

I like the base features and the fact that it can be customized for more specific uses

Cons

My issues were more around the ease of working with the off-shore team and their proficiency with UX/UI design, and attention to fine detail. Also the system used for logging and updating task completion wasn't easy for me, as a non-technical founder working directly with the company's project managers. Maybe if I had a project manager working with them, it would have been easier to track completed updates and move the project forward faster.

Auction Software review by Postyourneed Technologies

With auction software , we have created a customized platform that improves buying processes and decision making for business buyers in Sub Saharan Africa by enabling them to publish their procurement needs in form of call for bids, allowing them to receive offers from multiple suppliers.

Pros

1.The Reverse auction engine supports the core functionality of my platform; hence it is the backbone of my platform’s operations. 2.The product is fairly easy to use. With customizations implemented to suite my business processes all users on the eco system can use it with ease 3.Intergartion with our business model and our partners services was fairly easy to perform, with great help from Auction Software’s team.

Cons

The existing features fit our current needs. However perhaps the supplier could have more flexible maintenance packages.

Best auction software you will find in the market

This software is helping me to cover an essential part that is missing in the market at my country.

Pros

The software is huge will cover all the aspects (features) in auction you are looking for ,it is customisable, the team are dedicated looking to pleasure their customers with high quality work , no hidden cost every thing as agreed, the design can be modified, if you are looking to add some functionality the team will suggest the best approach ,mult language , they are selling high quality products with latest programming language , i am sure that as buyer you will be satisfied as the main thing Raj the CEO and the whole team looking for the reputation , high quality work , very organised and well oriented team .

Cons

Honestly it is unfair to write cons about this great sofware and those dedicated developers , they will not rest unless you are satisfied as buyer

Superior Leadership, Project Management & Software Development! Auction Software gets it done!!

Competitive Differentiation!!

Pros

My software is perfect, it's everything I asked for and then some! I was a little wary at first because my solution needed major customization and I've been burned more than a few times working with off-shore Dev teams. This has been the best Dev engagement in my 20 year career. Bar none! As everyone knows, the foundation of successful engagements is communication. The Auction Software team excelled...

Cons

I don't have cons regarding my software. The project was built to my specifications and I'm extremely pleased. The Auction Software team greatly exceeded my expectations!

Terrible service and outdated software

We've spent tens of thousands of dollars with Auction Software and ended up going with another company. We were never given access to our own hosting which we were paying for and had so many code issues with the application they have developed for us which made it easier to start from scratch.

Pros

Existing features that eliminate the need to develop from scratch.

Cons

Outdated software running on old Ruby version that cannot be updated.

Avi licensed our S/W "TopExpert.com.au" project in 2018, referred another customer "Ilia T"as well. In Feb (2019) emailed as below. "Hi AS, I hope everything is well. We've made the unfortunate decision to shut Top Expert down due to no traction on the business side". So, we gave backup in encrypted form to run on their server. It was clear from on-boarding and very well spelled in Contract small...

Good Team To Work With

I have been using this company for almost a year now to build my site. Progress is slow but steady. Raj and his team make every effort to understand what I am wanting for my site and generally accomplish what I am asking for. There are a few language barriers and misunderstandings to overcome but in general this is a great company to work with.

Pros

This software makes it easy to understand and follow the progress that the team working on my site is making and allows me to assist in any corrections that need to be done early enough in the development that it doesn't cause to big of an issue to repair, replace, or remove the item in question.

Cons

Amazing to work with. The reviews are real!

I actually first found the team through this review page. At first, I was skeptical all the reviews were real, but everything seemed on the level so I decided to evaluate their offerings and compared them to three other vendors through a process of phone calls and email exchanges. We ultimately selected Raj and his team and AuctionSoftware.com. They have far exceeded my initial skeptical expectations. This was the first time I led a development project of my own and didn't know what to expect. At the end of the day, the team helped me build a very customized platform that leveraged a very specific vision and patiently worked through a number of redesigns with me as we went through the project.

Pros

Customer service, amazingly well-documented project via Basecamp.

Cons

Communicating internationally can be challenging at times due to the time difference.

Custom dev team at your disposal!

Bottom line is I highly recommend, keep up the great work AS!

Pros

I like the "out of box" solution as the frame work of our project plus the ability to add custom functionality that is unique to our project. The dev team was very easy to deal with not to mention their ability to understand the complexity of our project plus delivering it in a timely fashion.

Cons

Nothing too negative to comment on except the UX can use some additional resources. Small simple tweaks would go a long way...colors/buttons/call to action items etc....

Best choice for medium-to-large size projects

Best choice and competitive price.

Pros

Auction Software is an enterprise-level platform for Auctions. Because auction web applications are very intricate and sophisticated, other CMS platforms like Wordpress or Joomla are inadequate to make a good result. Auction websites are mission-critical. They deal in real-time. Due to the complexity of these requirements, there is no better choice than to use an "event-based" platform like theirs. So after I hired their team I was impressed from the start. They were able to repaidly prototype and create my automotive-related Auction website. Their team were always ahead or on schedule. They understand auctions fluently and know exactly what to do - no matter what twist you throw at them for your custom marketplace. I would highly recommend them. A+++++

Cons

The cost is more than a simple Wordpress template, but the difference is beyond you can imagine. Other than that I feel their software and team are flawless.

The best of both worlds. A SaaS solution that is highly customizable.

The team from Auction Software enabled us to significantly expand our business. Their development and deployment process was efficient and effective. They were quick learners and didn't hesitate to ask questions when appropriate.

Pros

Robust functionality, fast deployment, and low total cost of ownership. Auction Software's platform provides a rich set of features that are fully functional right out of the gate but also allows customization to support the specific needs of each business and industry.

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to determine what features were part of the base platform vs. those that required customization.

AuctionSoftware.com exceeded expectations creating DominusComputers.com

The software used is our direct source of income. Without it we would not function as a company. We do recommend the software from AuctionSoftware.com and highly recommend them personally. We don't know of anyone else who would have been so willing to work so hard at customizing their product to suit their clients needs.

Pros

The auction software is easy to use and we at DominusComputers.com continuously get compliments on how the site looks. We've had a few problems arise, but AuctionSoftware.com has always been quick to correct the issues.

Cons

We wish several features were included in the product such as pages to edit FAQ's, About Us, How we Work, Terms of Service. We added them in our product, but we believe these should be included for those who aren't as knowledgeable in HTML programming. It did take longer for our site to be built than we liked. However, we prioritized full functionality and sacrificed the additional time to ensure when the site went live everything worked as expected.

A great platform and an awesome team!

The Auction software platform is a great base to start from. The team behind Auction software is even better. They help you to customize the platform to your specific needs. Changes are made quick. Advise is given on how to solve problems. Communicating through CaseCamp, E-mail, chat and webex with team members all over the world is easy as can be.

Pros

All the basic functionality is there at a very reasonable price. The team behind Auction software helps to customize the platform to your every need.

Cons

Don't know.

Reverse Auction software works well

Great team, work hard to understand our specs. Also very nice people.

Pros

Both front and back end sync up nicely. Admin section is user friendly.

Cons

The integration into payment processing is difficult to set up and test. But that's third party, usually an issue with most projects.

Great software

Pros

We’ve been working with Raj and team for a year now and are very happy with the end results. Raj is always wonderfully responsive to any queries. He has a couple of real gems on his team, and we particularly enjoy working with Yifei whom is quick and understands our needs first time each time. The software is of very high quality, and runs seamlessly.

Cons

Thus far the software does everything we ask of it, or gets updated.