KnowledgeOwl Logo

KnowledgeOwl

Knowledge base and documentation software

KnowledgeOwl Reviews

4.7

How would you rate KnowledgeOwl?

Pros

Super cost effective because of the you can customize it to fit you needs. Also, their customer service team is knowledgeable and accessible.

PK

Patrick K.

First, I want to point out how amazing the customer service is at Knowledge Owl. All questions are answered quickly and in such a friendly manner.

AD

Amanda D.

Straightforward interface, easy to produce impressive resources with little previous experience, very customizable, lots of great advanced features, keeps improving, fantastic customer service.

RG

Rob G.

Cons

No conflict warning when two editors are editing simultaneously. The edit and readers screen donnit mirror each other.

LM

Lynn M.

We were using Zendesk for our knowledge base because they were also our ticketing system, but I got frustrated with slow development timelines for some features core to our organization.

JC

Josh C.

Not only were my failures undone, but issues that I wasn't even aware of (yet) were fixed, too.

BB

Bree B.

KnowledgeOwl ticks all our boxes

The first thing you notice about KnowlegeOwl is awesome service. Some people talk about being customer centred and others just do it. These guys do it and it is reflected in their product and how responsive they are to user needs and suggestions. We were able to easily get a up and running, migrate our content and start to benefit from a level of content management capability you get with KnowledgeOwl...

Excellent

Can't say enough about Knowledge Owl and their staff. They have gone above and beyond my expectations. Our organization had some specific issues that we were encountering with our tiered access and the information in our knowledge base our customers were able to see. Though at the time the capability wasn't yet available through Knowledge Owl they worked with us to develop it as an ongoing service...

Cons

Affordable, easy to use, outstanding customer service

Our organization is using Knowledge Owl, from the recommendation of another agency, as an affordable and easy-to-use solution for national accreditation standards and documentation. This included managing responses to 151 standards, complimented hundreds of documents (many with multiple standards) and policies. We are also using for our agency policy manual so that all employees have access to current...

Cons

Fast and knowledgable customer service, easy to use website

The website layout, design and navigation are very professional, effective and easy to navigate. With no coding skills required and almost zero learning curve, it allows you to create a knowledge base, manual, handbook, or portal quickly and easily. It's extremely powerful, affordable, and customizable documentation software. We have been using their services for several years and very content and happy about it. Any questions are answered fast and with detail. Customer service people are very professional, smart, detail oriented and patient. They are always ready to solve our problem and really know how to treat their customers. Overall very trustworthy and pleasant to work with. Because of them our new Help System looks awesome and easy to navigate.

KnowledgeOwl is ACES!

Requirements for our new company Knowledge Base included clean importation of legacy (Word) documents, easy of use to support non-technical administrators, and enough flexibility to adapt to sophisticated use cases. Many products met one or two of these requirement, but an exhaustive search left KnowledgeOwl as the sole product standing. Additionally, the pricing structure allows us to deploy multiple Knowledge Bases without the need to manage different users groups. During our trial, the support given by KnowledgeOwl's staff allowed me to deploy a proof of concept in under an hour. Fully featured, easily deployed, affordable, well supported . . . all of requirements were met. You should add KnowledgeOwl to your list of potential vendors.

Cons

As beginners the software is easy to use, improves our customer service and efficiency.

This software puts your organization knowledge at your finger tips. As a customer service department we need to provide quick and accurate information to our users, KnowledgeOwl allows us to do this. We are still beginners at using this software and stumbled a little bit, but KnowledgeOwl has the best support team I have ever worked with. They go above and beyond to assist and fix problems you create. They are also eager to make improvement based on the issues encounter. They are extremely quick to respond and you feel like to a friend that help and encourages you to succeed with your business process through the use of their software. I highly recommend KnowledgeOwl to any one looking to improve or create a knowledge base.

Fantastic Tool & Great Support

I work for a small start up and we needed a simple to use tool that would allow us to build an internal knowledgebase. I looked into Desk and Zendesk, but the tools were large, expensive or just didn't offer the things I needed. After stumbling across KnowledgeOwl I started testing it out. Even during the trial period, the CEO herself did custom coding for me and helped me dig through bugs and issues to make sure their tool worked for my needs. Since then my entire department is now using KnowledgeOwl on a daily basis and it's become a center-point for training and resources on how my guys do their work. You honestly won't go wrong with this product. They will go above and beyond to help make sure you get what you need at a great price!

Cons

Using KnowledgeOwl as a repository for proposal/ RFP and sales related content.

We have been using KnowledgeOwl as a knowledge base for the past 6 months where essential information has been captured for the purpose of reuse among staff in day-to-day activity. Our staff can easily access information, in a central location that contains, accurate, relevant and important topics to maximize productivity. It it a tool I use everyday that helps me build comprehensive responses to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs. The UI design and search capabilities are two of the things I love most! I could also always rely on the KO Team to reply quickly to questions that came up the replies often included suggestions how to best achieve what it was I needed. This is just one of the reasons I believe their customer service is world class.

Cons

¡Super easy and super useful!

We are a company that deals with around 150,000 different clients with all sorts of specific situations (we are a courier company) and they contact us on our e-mail, phone, chat, Facebook, Whatsapp and our 50 branch offices. There's only one way to keep up and to keep our team synced up: Knowledge Owl. The security features allows us to restrict the access so that our customer care agents and the staff on site can both access the information safely. The interface is so easy to use that our Marketing Department can add the latest offers on it and inmediatey the whole team can communicate this information to our final clients. We love Knowledge Owl and are planning to keep using it and expanding it for years to come!

Great Product/Service!

I was assigned a task at my company to create a help guide for a new product we have coming out. This was the first time I did something like this. Help Gizmo made it so easy for me to go in and navigate the system and educate myself on how to complete the task. When I did have a question, the team and Marybeth especially was BEYOND helpful! I got an answer almost instantly when I emailed or called with a question despite me being on the east coast. What I also appreciated immensely was that Marybeth walked me through things and never lost patience with me. I always felt completely comfortable asking her any questions I had. We even chatted about our love for our pets! I would recommend HelpGizmo to anyone!

Cons

Don't be afraid, What ever you could think drop them an email and ask

Hi, When i first found their web side from a good reference on the web i past only a few second on there. What they had to offers was not what i was looking for so i past. But i didn't found what i was looking for on the web and i was continue to read good review so i decided to send them email with no expectation. I was surprise to discovers that they respond and did everything to help and find a solution. thank to them. It is feel good so discovers company that really want to help their customer. And i'm very sensible on that because i own a technical service company.

Cons

Thanks, Jonathan! We really appreciate you sharing your experience with others. I'm glad you reached out to us! -Marybeth

Best knowledge base software

KnowledgeOwl has a great name + symbol -- because Marybeth (Customer Support Goddess) is amazingly knowledgeable, not just about customer service, but your use case and application. They're also incredibly supportive in trying to figure out development of new features to help support your use case. They helped me upload Microsoft Word documents for ease of transferring knowledge base articles. Their software is incredibly easy and intuitive to use for first time users or users used to wikis. All of my reader/users were incredibly impressed with how quickly we were able to update and interact with the KnowledgeOwl software. Great job, guys, and keep up the good work!

Excellent

We evaluated several knowledge management systems when moving our customer & technical documentation from a wiki. We initially chose another product and quickly found that it could not meet our needs: enter KnowledgeOwl. We've been using KnowledgeOwl for a year now and have been very pleased. It is a well-designed, intuitive system that allowed us to get our content published in a few short weeks. And the customer service has been top-notch. Every request, whether a how-to or feature request, has been met promptly and with a smile. Our customers are equally happy!

Cons

Thanks for the awesome review, Colleen! We happy both you AND your customers are happy. Happiness all around!

A wikipedia style knowledge database for my company

We looked for a way to create a Frequently Asked Question database (FAQ) for our sales team that would allow everybody to read FAQs but only specific persons to add and edit those. It should allow to work with a Word style editor and should be cloud-based for the quick read on the road by smartphones. It should be searchable, expandable both in the amount of data and the number of users . Last not least it should not require big upfront payments as we wanted to test and grow it organically. We had a few questions wich were answered immediately. KnowledgeOwl fulfills all of our requirements, the business model is fair and we are happy that we found that solution.

Cons

KnowledgeOwl is a fantastic product; the KnowledgeOwl team is the best!

My company was once described by a client as the most response company they had ever worked with. That was great to hear. Now I get to pay it forward by stating the KnowledgeOwl is THE MOST responsive company WE have ever worked with. We love their product for its power, beauty, flexibility, and ease of use. Our customers love KnowledgeOwl because it is so easy to find what they need in our knowledgebase, and it integrates seemlessly with our Zendesk ticketing system. But we really love their people because of their personal attention and highly professional support whenever we need it. I am happy to recommend KnowledgeOwl with enthusiasm! Give it a try!!

Cons

Extremely Satisfied with KnowledgeOwl Solution!

Overall, we're very satisfied with KnowledgeOwl as a Knowledge Base solution. During an extensive evaluation process to provide an up-to-date KB for our customer base , we found that KO had most functionality we needed/wanted as an organization right out of the gate. It is user-friendly and customizable with many of its feature sets. KO has repeatedly added requested features with a quick turnaround time, and are constantly adding new features/improvements requested by other clients as well. Our internal employees and customers have benefited from using this solution. Their customer service is stellar, as they are responsive, helpful, & savvy regarding requests.

Cons

Implementing a knowledgebase to the company

We have from the very beginning experienced a wonderful coopoeration with the KnowledgeOwl team. they have listened to our problems and did everything in their power to solve them. Best of all is that the solution usually come the next day, which is very important for us. The customer service team is one of the best support team that I have experienced. They are very competent and polite! 5 stars!! Regarding the program I really like the interface. And beeing the Company admin of our KB it is very important that the maintenance of site is easy and does not take up to much of my time. It is easy to use and not some complicated. 4 stars!! /Erika Skoglund

Cons

Best product for building a knowledge base

There was a need to create a knowledge base for our product IDENT. Long sought a suitable service. And among the free and among paid. The main requirements are simplicity and functionality to fill and viewing. HelpGizmo I liked at first sight and intuition did not deceive me. An additional advantage was excellent technical support, which began to help me before I paid the money first. I am very pleased with this product and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to structure the knowledge about your product and nice to show them to their employees and customers.

Cons

Thanks, Boris! We're so happy you are pleased with the product and the technical support - we love helping!

Great Service, Easy to Use!

When looking for a knowledge base tool for our external clients, Help Gizmo met 99% of our criteria at a fraction of the cost of their competitors. Most of the time you can fall into a "you get what you pay for" scenario, however the product and the service offered by Help Gizmo has met or exceeded our expectations. Implementation was a breeze. We utilize the reporting tools to help monitor use and understand how to optimize our content. I do wish there was a way to use "labels" or "key words" to assist in searching - some of our users search for words or terms that are not included in the article (intentionally), and those searches do not yield any results.

Fantastic and Human Support; Solid Product

We transitioned to KnowledgeOwl from a competitor's product, and the change has been fantastic. Not only do they give us the features we need (and, in some cases, have built things upon request), but they were absolutely a delight through our evaluation process, which seemed to drag on interminably. Marybeth is truly the queen of support, and I can always email her with a totally random question and get quick feedback. The functionality continues to develop in ways that align with our needs, and the API structure is enabling us to integrate knowledge base content in our own app, increasing our own customer satisfaction.

Cons

Best tool for the best price.

HelpGizmo is amazing. Not only is the tool itself incredibly functional, but the HelpGizmo staff really knows how to treat their customers. They always listen to any ideas and will either implement features for your personal sites, or if it seems popular enough, globally for all HG users. What is provided for the price is like nothing else out there. They are incredibly flexible with any requirements you may have to make the site your own. I demo'd this KB to the CEO of the company I work for (a very large outsourced contact center) and he loved it so much that I am now in the process of building one for every project in the company.

Cons

Easy to use and great customer support

It is such an intuitive solution to manage a knowledge base. Unlike most of the products in the market, it is so easy to use that you don't even need a user guide for it. We use the solution to share information within organization and with our customer, it has made our life so much easier in term of customer onboarding, UAT and also employee onboarding. Our HelipGizmo account became the greatest source of information for inside and outside. In additional, customer support is excellent. They helped on personalized our knowledge based without additional fees. Whenever we have an question/problem, they were always there.

Cons

Gtreat Product! Very Easy to Use!

Great product to create an online searchable knowledgebase for any purpose. What makes this product stand out - is that you can download every article to a PDF as part of the standard setup (which you can turn off too) and you also have the option to publish all of the articles in a combined in a PDF document with a table of contents. This is very helpful for operating procedures or any use case where you need that kind of functionality. They also listen to the feedback from their customer base and add on features to make their product better. Customer support has always been top-notch!

AMAZING!!!

HelpGizmo is an amazing product. It has allowed us as an organization to effectively streamline all of our employee training into an interactive and engaging environment. The days of the paper manuals are a thing of the past with HelpGizmo. The Pros: The tool is very intuitive, yet very robust. The support staff is hands down the best support staff that I have ever encountered. They are friendly, knowledgable, and expedient in all questions and comments that you have. Custom Branding Options. Flexible to meet the needs of your organization. The Con's: To be honest with you, I cannot think of anything.

Perfect Tool for Training Manual

I love HelpGizmo! I use HelpGizmo to hold all of the documentation I use for training events. Having an online training manual with HelpGizmo benefits me because I don't have to worry about printing and shipping the materials to each city, and it benefits the customers because I can constantly update the documentation ensuring they always have up to date information. It is exactly what I needed! Using HelpGizmo is simple. When I do have a question, I email the HelpGizmo team and receive a detailed response quickly. They are great!

Pros

* Awesome Support * Easy to Use * Professional Looking