All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

KnowledgeOwl

Knowledge base and documentation software

KnowledgeOwl Reviews

Pros

Knowledge Owl was super easy to set up and get started with. The user interface is simple but effective and the support staff were brilliant at responding to any and all of our questions.

Sam F.

Dranilda F.

Read the full review
Amazing customer service. Anytime you have an issue, they will always be happy to help you and very fast to answer.

Amélie W.

Read the full review

Cons

The only negative thing I can come up with is that you need to know HTLM to fix some thing's, but with a quick phone call, the problem is fixed faster than we ever could do.

Jeffery G.

Read the full review
Having unlimited readers is a key feature for us. The only downside to KO is the inability to link an uploaded document to multiple knowledge bases.

Cynthia H.

Read the full review
The only downside is it does not have an option for an integrated "community forum" so if we do decide to launch this in the future, we would need yet another platform.

Madison C.

Simple yet robust and OUTSTANDING Customer Service

When looking to replace our current customer support portal, we looked at several options. Knowing that we wanted a self service platform to maintain documentation, videos, demos, etc., Knowledge Owl (KO) came out on top. Their out of the box solution had much more functionality for the money and was solid. Once we started uploading content, we had several questions as new users typically do, but...

Pros

- Robust - Easy to use - Customer Service (top notch!)

Cons

None that I can think of right now. This company is really doing a great job and from our standpoint is a leader in the knowledge base space.

Thank you so much, Kristen! We super appreciate the awesome review! -Marybeth

SaaS as it should be!

Exceptional. Our use case for the platform was somewhat unusual and the KO team worked with use from day one to tweak the platform so that it functioned and looked the way we needed. Since deploying the KO platform, our employees are actively engaging with the information we post which has led to an overall improvement in corporate knowledge A key aspect of KO that set it apart from competitors is...

Pros

Ease of setup, price, customizability, and most importantly, world-class support

Cons

There are minor aspects that are purely a matter of personal taste and mindset, but nothing of any significance the we would collectively say we don't like. It all works and it works well.

Great customer service, wish there were more capabilities

Overall, the software does what it says. It's a great start to get your product's documentation out there. But some basic wiki capabilities are missing. Tags are still new and have a sort of "Phase 1" usefulness about them right now. There is no way to organize the image library, but I see on their product roadmap that this is on their radar. I'm also looking forward to the Glossary feature that is...

Cons

One of the best and most seamless solutions we've implemented

We looked at many vendors before we evaluated Knowledge Owl, and I can't say enough about our experience working with the Knowledge Owl Team. From day one, the team continues to amaze me with the level of service they provide. They worked closely with us throughout the setup and implementation phase of our Help Center launch and continue to assist with our very custom and individual needs. Kudos to the entire team for always being responsive and helpful, but special thanks to the Knowledge Goddess / Chief Executive Owl, for leading the team.

Pros

Software out of the box is easy to use and customize and Knowledge Owl's documentation is thorough and nicely organized.

Cons

I can't think of anything that stands out as a con.

Yay! Thanks so much for the awesome review! - Knowledge Goddess / Chief Executive Owl

KnowledgeOwl wins on customer responsiveness & functionality implementation

As someone coming from the high-end CMS authoring tools of Madcap Flare, RoboHelp, and HelpStudio, KnowledgeOwl has a lot more of the features that I expect to see from a CMS system with the additional bonus of having a team willing to go the extra mile to implement tweaks for their customers. It's a perk, especially compared to the stand-alone systems, where "can I do this?" usually returns a...

Cons

HelpGizmo is a great product with a great team at a great price.

We were using Zendesk for our knowledge base because they were also our ticketing system, but I got frustrated with slow development timelines for some features core to our organization. We reached a tipping point and needed an alternative solution. After looking into over a dozen options, I discovered HelpGizmo. Not only did they already have the core features we needed, they were genuinely interested...

Pros

Permissioning by article level Great article WYSIWYG editor Outstanding customer service Variety of layouts Fantastic price Integrates with Zendesk ticketing Fully customizable with a little CSS

Cons

Truly can't think of any

HelpGizmo helped me to create the documentation I always envisioned

HelpGizmo is super easy. The switch over to HelpGizmo is FAST! Organizing all my content using the drag and drop table of contents was a snap. Depending on your content you should be able to go live with a public site in a day, two tops. HelpGizmo's table of contents organization allows editors and customers to see the "big picture" of documentation. This not only makes documentation management...

Pros

-Easy to use -Fast -Excellent support -Customer-driven development

Cons

Easy to use, stellar customer support

Pros

We kicked the tires on 5 knowledge base platforms before selecting KnowledgeOwl. The selection was driven by two must-haves: 1) open APIs, and 2) ability to customize the CSS to meet our brand guidelines. After we made the leap, we were pleasantly surprised by the exceptional customer service. (Thank you!)

Protecting our core values

We have been very lucky to experience rapid growth due to our unique approaches in our industry. Unfortunately, rapid growth is very dangerous for many companies, because the growth distracts them, and they lose sight of what made the successful in the first place. We were desperately searching for a solution that would allow us to retain and promote our culture in a simple, but powerful, knowledge base platform. We tested many products, but Knowledgeowl was the simplest and most effective to use. In addition, the support has been incredible. I really feel like they are in this with us, not just selling a product. I highly recommend this product!

Pros

Clean and simple user interface Powerful back end Incredible support

HelpGizmo to the Rescue!

HelpGizmo has helped me to minimize the clutter of paperwork. I built an internal Employee Toolbox for employees to access when they needed information on anything from how to make coffee to employee benefits. This site really allows for people to get what they need and move on with their day. Setting it up was a breeze as well! I am glad to have everything organized, easily accessible, and searchable.

Pros

Ease of use Makes life so much easier! Support

Cons

None so far! :)

Great platform and Customer Service

For the most part, this software is easy and intuitive for a non-technical person to use, although it may require a little Googling if you haven't dusted off your HTML skills in recent years. Most of the design is point-and-click; images are uploaded and there is a nice visual editor, similar to Wordpress. One of my favorite features is the option for the software to "fetch" the colors from whatever...

Knowledge Owl is very versatile

It has been great using this program. The support we receive is great. I wish they could come teach our in house IT team on customer service and the need for speed on some fixes. It is nice talking to someone who knows what they are doing and bends over backwards to make you happy. GREAT customer service and a great product.

Pros

It is easy to update our web pages. And our employees are able to quickly navigate it quickly, so that they can help their customers quickly. The ability to change things on the fly and not have to reach out to support for everything that is done is a big help.

Thanks, Jeff! We really appreciate the awesome review! -Marybeth

Great service, great functionality

Pros

Not only does the software provide flexibility, customization, functionality, and efficiency, the people behind the software are just as great. They are incredibly responsive to any organizational or technical need, but equally as open to develop new and unique features specific to your use.

Cons

If I HAD to choose, I would say the lack of detailed reporting in the backend. There's only topical understanding of user behavior of your knowledge base(s). However, Knowledge Owl is more than happy to help you install Google Analytics on your knowledge base for you.

Thanks for the awesome review, Kelly! We do hope to add more detailed reporting in the future :) Let us know if you can think of anything else!

Knowledge Owl has been the best vendor experience and helped us launch our game changer in education

In February 2016, we partnered with Knowledge Owl to build an internal platform that has been a game changer for our 41 (and growing) schools. We launched in July 2016, and there is no way we would have been successful without their partnership. They have been with us every step of the way, and they have been pivotal to our success. In June of 2017, we will launch this to the world, and are so proud to do this with a company that cares so deeply about a high-quality, easy-to-use product with the BEST customer service. They are incredible!

Pros

-easy to use  no coding required! -intuitive -clean design

Cons

Sometimes small glitches throw us off... since we don't really know how to code, we sometimes need some help. BUT, the team at Knowledge Owl is so happy to help, and they have gone above and beyond!

Oh wow, thanks Meghan! I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience and I'm so delighted to hear all this :) We are honored to help Success Academy launch this amazing resource to the world. You are the best! -Marybeth

Super simple knowledgebase software

We'd signed up for KnowledgeOwl (then HelpGizmo) to use as a white-label manual for a product we resell. It's fit very well into that role, since we can customize the help center to only show information related to the product and disassociate it completely from our branding, which has helped a lot for marketing. The software itself is very easy to use, way easier than something like MediaWiki....

Knowledge is Power

Pros - Incredibly intuitive Highly customisable Strong customer service ethos Detailed reporting Huge creative space Up time - is excellent NO CONS! We've been with Knowledge Owl since 2014, and have thoroughly loved every day spent with them. We use their product to deliver incredibly important user guides, top tips FAQ's and other general information about our products and services,...

Cons

Thanks, David! You've been with us since the beginning, and we're so happy to have you as a customer. We greatly appreciate the amazing recommendation; you are the best! -Marybeth

KnowledgeOwl Review

Love the software, some bugs. Nothing that can't be fixed. Friendly customer service. User friendly.

Pros

Easy to use. Friendly customer service.

Cons

The overwriting of documents in the master library. No conflict warning when two editors are editing simultaneously. The edit and readers screen donnit mirror each other.

Thanks for the feedback, Lynn! We hear you on the library and the editor collision, and hopefully we will get both problems sorted out in the next few weeks. I'll follow up with you privately about the edit and reader screens; we should be able to get them to match! -Marybeth

Great customer service

Knowledge Owl's Marybeth and Pete co-design and troubleshoot any foreseen issues. They are immensely valued and responsive. Their backend is great and intuitive - which makes training staff simple and fast. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The backend editor is simple and intuitive. The customer service is incredible.

Cons

N/A. Everything is amazing.

Clean UI; exemplary support!

Pros

We tested a few different pieces of software for our company intranet (after being forced to move away from the outdated Google Classic Sites) and chose Knowledge Owl because the UI was simple, clean, and easy to navigate. It gave us enough latitude to shape the way we wanted to present information to our employees while also providing enough structure to maintain a professional, organized site.

Cons

As the "subject matter expert," I needed to be the one to create our site, but I have zero experience with HTML coding. That being said, I can't say enough how incredible the support team has been. They are extremely responsive and excellent teachers to the extent that even someone like me with no coding experience has been able to create exactly what I want with relative ease. Good customer support is a dying art, so Knowledge Owl has really exceeded expectations in this area!

Thanks, Bethany! We greatly appreciate the feedback and review! - Marybeth

Knowledge Owl is, simply put, the best web-based help center platform I could find

I found KnowledgeOwl after joining a tech startup as the lead technical writer. At the time, the company didn't have any formal user documentation -- but we did have a support team fielding many repetitive questions, and users who could benefit from formal instruction. Given that we have a single product and it's fairly simple, products like MadCap Flare (which I had used at the previous company I...

Cons

The best tech writing tool

Pros

For ease of use, this is the best knowledge base software I have used. I love how I can publish information to our clients instantly. But best of all, I have never had better customer service from anyone. The Knowledge Owl team are always there to help.

Cons

Some HTML and CSS skills are needed to get the exact look you are after (but their support team are prompt and incredibly helpful).

Stop looking and use HelpGizmo!

Cons

Simple UI + Rocking Customer Service = Amazing Product!

The first thing to know about the KnowledgeOwl product is that the team behind it is really dedicated and extremely responsive. Whenever I've had an issue, they have been right on top of it and that's worth a lot. Combine this with a really simple and rock-solid product, and you have a real winner. We deployed a new product knowledgebase in less than 30 days from start to production with KnowledgeOwl....

Amazing customer service

I use this software to create lessons for internal and external viewing. It is really easy to use and creates really user friendly and professional guides.

Pros

-Ease of use -The owl favicon! -The fun element

Cons

That images don't enlarge when you click on them - I have spoken to Marybeth about this and it is something that will likely be added soon - so not really a con!

Easy to use, great features and amazing support !

It's always hard to capture your employees knowledge but KnowledgeOwl makes it easy !

Pros

Simple web base interface with a lot of options. Easy to manage your articles life cycle and your users access as well. When ever we have a how to question or any question for that matter, there's always someone ready to help us.

Cons

Not much, maybe more language interface (French for example). 1 more admin licence with the basic subscription would be nice.

Thanks for the review, Gabriel! We are planning to add better translations capabilities in the near future for multilingual knowledge bases, so hopefully that will make your life easier. I also sent you an email about the extra admin license :) -Marybeth

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.