Punchpass

Customer & attendance tracking for yoga and fitness studios

Punchpass Reviews

Rebecca I.

It is great that most things can be sorted out on one page and that you are not led through 4 pages to complete a task/transaction. The support team have been amazing.

Kahthleen B.

The software is great, super usable and the customer service is outstanding.

Angie S.

Cons

Just frustrated with the level of support punchpass offers.

I was using paper cards and it was making my life crazy. People would lose them, and expect me to know what was on them, etc.

Ali S.

4.7

We absolutely love using Punchpass as our reservation system for our wellness studio.

Pros

Using Punchpass was a breath of fresh air after having tried MindBody for a few month, paid an unjustifiable amount of money, had terrible customer service and couldn't get all the functionalities we wanted. Punchpass simplifies the admin side of it. It integrates with Stripe and their customer service is amazing.

Cons

The design and client experience isn't the most beautiful. However, a lot of improvements have been made lately and the site looks much better/modern now!

Exactly what I needed

PunchPass has been exactly what I needed to shift to fully managing my classes outside of a studio. It has also made accessing my teaching easy and more consistent for my students. Everything about PunchPass has been simple and intuitive. Their support system is super helpful, usually I can find the answer I need in on of their support articles and if not their support team responds quickly.

Pros

The simplicity of set up was great. I love that they make links to the site and specific passes easy to find and then copy to send to customers or put into marketing materials. The integration with Zoom and the automatic email reminders to students with the meeting link has been ideal for teaching mostly virtual. I also love that I can easily email and entire class roster with one click in order to send a link to the class recordings. The software has more capacity in reporting and customer communication that I haven't even used yet.

Cons

They have recently expanded the versatility to some of their features such as the content library which was helpful. I get the sense that they are consistently looking for ways to improve.

Poor Customer service

Just frustrated with the level of support punchpass offers. Have since looked to moving to MindBody with improved customer service.

Pros

Cheaper than the competitors in the booking market.

Cons

Customer service was very poor. Was blamed for not understanding the software when there were glitches with online payment occuring additional fees. Not a good look blaming customers.

Totally excited about PunchPass!

I am very satisfied with PunchPass I have more to learn since I have only just finished my free trial and opened my account!

Pros

I am still learning but I was able to figure things out and I am not very technical. I can check my students in so much much faster!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to down load emails from contacts. Maybe you can but didn’t find a reference to that.

Excellent value when first sought out - other alternatives worth considering now.

Punchpass was the best solution for a fitness studio a year or two ago when we first went looking. It served its purpose well but with increasing prices and the Canadian exchange, the monthly subscription is getting tiring. Now we've stumbled on other solutions that do all we need with a substantially lower yearly price point.

Pros

Punchpass is great for what it does: being a SaaS platform with no update/upkeep headaches and a simple-to-use platform for class registrations.

Cons

Because it's its own platform, it doesn't integrate very nicely with the rest of our tech stack which may be a pro or con depending on your setup. The price has increased and while we've been grandfathered in, it means we're pretty much stuck at the same tier unless we can stomach the jump to the next tier.

User Friendly Streamlined Program For Fitness Business

Excellent communication and very easy launching their system. Immediate customer responses.

Pros

It was so much easier to set up and costs much less than MINDBODY, which is essential for a small start up business like many fitness programs are. It has features I can grow into (and pay for) but eliminates the bells and whistles I don’t need. The people that assist me checking in clients report it is easy to learn. No long lines waiting to check in.

Cons

Doesn't have a downloadable app feature. I would like there to be a tighter interface with external card reader payments so I don’t have to enter these manually but I know that would happen if I paid for more services.

FANTASTIC - software & service! After a long hunt, have found!!

I have trialled many softwares for our yoga studio, and implemented a few of them. They were all messy for something that's meant to make it smoother! Punchpass is simple, fast and really effective. And they're always right there in response when you have questions - I've had MANY, despite it being more intuitive & straightforward than any other software I've tried, and they've always, always, been obliging. And while not the cheapest, it's far from the most expensive. Can't recommend highly enough.

Pros

Ease. Simplicity. Clarity. SImple and fast upon book in before class. Easy for students to use. Gives totals of passes sold, so helps with the books.

Cons

There's not yet a waitlist capacity, which they tell me though is in the pipeline - this would be really, really helpful. Also passes can get lost if the clients don't make an account before they purchase it - would be great to take the ability for them to do this away as it's a bit of a problem. And lastly the name! But it's still great software - unsurpassed.

Hi Ally- Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Punchpass. You warmed our hearts with your very kind words ¿. And good news! We JUST added an easy way for you to restrict pass purchases to those who are logged on to Punchpass. Thanks for the suggestion! Best, Sharon

Most of the features for the right price

The team over at Punchpass have been great! They have a simple straightforward chat client on all their pages and have been 100% responsive with 24 hours or less of all my requests. The software is going to meet all of our needs for right now. We are a woodshop and offer classes and shop time. Members can check online to see if the shop has open slots and can schedule before they come in. This keeps the shop from getting crowed at any given time. We also have the ability to open up classes to the general public for a price. Could be a little easier when we do mass edits, but part of the beauty of Punchpass is the simplicity and not having too many features helps them stay focused on their core competency.

Pros

Simple and straight forward to use.

Cons

There are some limits on mass updates and uploads. However the team is very responsive to special requests.

It has been excellent - great to see online reservations, manage billing & get away from Paper trail & cash sales

Pros

Ease of use, cost effectiveness & ability to streamline revenue collection & bookings

Cons

Nothing so far! I have not encountered any difficulties

Love Punchpass!

Love it, it is a keeper. The software is great, super usable and the customer service is outstanding.

Pros

I searched a lot for a program that would allow scheduling within a program that showed how many spots were left. This program ended up meeting our needs way more than expected. The program is extremely user friendly both from and administrator and user side. The staff and the organization is also extremely responsible to customer needs, I've had multiple situations where a recommendation or a concern was included into the next update. I really appreciate this software and this company.

Cons

There isn't anything that I find is a con, they seem to take a lot of time to always be evaluating what the next improvement is.

Amazing customer service and a product that ticks most of the boxes that a small business would want

Reduced software costs Ease of booking classes for customers increased Functionality for class instructors increased

Pros

What initially drew me to Punchpass was the cost for service, compared to other software which contained so many confusing features that we didn't need for a cost that we couldn't easily afford, Punchpass does almost everything that we need as a small business spread across multiple locations that we need. It allows us to have control as administrators but also to delegate certain responsibility to our instructors and let's them have control of their own schedule which is important to us. It allows our customers to easily locate classes near to them, and allows us to streamline our waiver, and class check in process. Customer support is very responsive to requests and are a pleasure to deal with.

Cons

There are slight inconsistencies between the desktop and mobile version of the customer portal, and there are slight differences in display when logged in to not logged in. There is no reporting dashboard, and the reports that are available are quite simple.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! A reporting dashboard is in the plans for Spring 2018. It's definitely needed!

One word: Awesome. The team at PunchPass should be the gold standard for customer service.

Pros

Incredibly easy to setup. Incredibly easy to use. Full feature set. Allows us to focus on running our studio rather than spending hours and hours dealing with IT headaches as was the case before we discovered PunchPass. Loving the newly released version.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. If I could add a feature it would be geo-location functionality that would promote our studio to potential clients doing a search on Google or in the PunchPass ecosystem.

Hi Dave - Thanks for the review! And interesting idea about the location for Google searches. I could see how adding your business location to the tags we have on your Public schedule might help. I'll make a note of it! Best, The Punchpass Team

As close to perfect as possible!

The design is well thought out, intuitive, and user friendly. I have been able to do what I want to do without having to read all the instructions but found the instructions clear and to the point when I've needed them. The software seems stable and "bug free" (if such a thing actually exists). I wanted: * Easy to Learn * User Friendly * No long term commitment required * Free Trial that's...

Great studio software

A good system for a larger studio.

Pros

It’s a great alternative to MindBody. Much easier to setup and use and much more affordable.

Cons

Being from Namibia, payment integrations of Stripe and PayPal don’t work for me, thus creating a a lot of manual payment processing.

Hi Liezl - Thanks for the review!

Organized at last!

I am the kind of person who likes everything in it's place. My business grew so fast I was creating different systems of organization to keep track. The only thing was there were so many different systems I couldn't keep track of customers, attendance, who paid what and when, which customers were active and on and on...until I learned of PunchPass. Now I have one system which handles everything....

Cons

Love Punchpass for attendance tracking!

I have long searched for a simple solution to track my agency's events and attendance. Although we are not a yoga studio, we run classes and events with groups. We need to generate lists at the end of the month both by event and by attendee to show our funders how many events/hours we worked with clients, as well as how much time each client spent with us and what they did. After setting up my client list, now I just add my classes each month, and check people off when they attend. There is much more functionality to Punchpass, and we may use it in the future if we start charging for classes. It works well for us now, and will continue to work well if we grow in that direction. Thanks, Punchpass!

Cons

Thanks Rebecca! We have lot's of customers who use Punchpass in unique situations and we always love hearing how people use Punchpass to help their business/organization run better. Thanks again!

Punchpass

Very easy to use both clients and staff find Punchpass easy to use ! I like that I can use from my smart phone . Clients and staff like that how easy it is to use .

Pros

It is eccomical and user friendly not hard to edit profile, to make changes as you go . Client love that they get emails when they need to make another purchase.

Cons

So nice to hear. Thanks so much, Karen. We really appreciate it!

Liking what I see so far.

So far I'm liking what I'm seeing with this software. I was looking for a program to track how many people attend any given class, and the kind of pass they use. I'm really happy with the service and communication with the administrators of Punchpass. There are still some bugs to work out, and some additional features I would like to see, but all in all, I think this is going to be a great asset to my company. I don't know all the features I want to see yet, because I am still getting use to the program. Maybe one major feature would have a phone or tablet ap that works offline, so that I can take attendance without requiring an internet connection (the one at the studio I use isn't always reliable), and then sync the information when I am at a stable connection.

PunchPass changed my life

I had ( and still have!) a small growing fitness business..primarily dance fitness classes. I was using paper cards and it was making my life crazy.. People would lose them, and expect me to know what was on them, etc. Chris approached me to use his product in the first stages..and I have been with him and Punchpass ever since. It is the perfect tool for my business and to GROW my business. Every time I grow, and need something I have asked Chris.. and he has either made it happen or has found an even better solution. My clients love the ease of check in now. I have also referred many of my Fitness friends to use Punchpass and have heard nothing but happy stories. I am able to keep track of my clients needs and get in contact with them so easily now.

Excellent and Exactly What I Needed

I needed something to save me time for my classes and stumbled across this program. It does everything I need: tracks attendance, maintains my customer data base, gives me a report of sales as well as many other great features. The customer service is supreme! Anytime I have a question or a need, I get a response in a timely manner complete with instructions on how to get or do what I need. I HIGHLY recommend this program/site to anyone who needs to manage class and customer information, but would rather not take time to build something from the ground up.

Cons

Thanks so much for the kind words, Debbi! We really do care about your experience with Punchpass. Thank you for noticing and sharing your thoughts!

Great choice for fitness booking system

The web - based application is great, super usable and customer service is also good.

Pros

1. easy to set up. 2. easy to Use. 3. friendly interface. 4. best product to invest. 5. Customer service is great.

Cons

1. There is a subscription type. 2. Not supported for Phones. 3. Can't use on Android 4. Can't use on Iphone.

PunchPass

This service has provided me with what feels like 3 extra employees! It has streamlined my recording, my book keeping and my ability to analyze what is happening! At this point in the development of my studio, I could not be without it! Response time for questions is almost immediate, suggestions are always followed up on, and the ease with which I can now get my attendances recorded is perfect! Thank you to Chris Patton! Your PunchPass is A+ and I am grateful every day for its inception!

Cons

It has been a pleasure using Punchpass - Any problems have been easily sorted by support

Punchpass is a great program. It is simple and clear. It is great that most things can be sorted out on one page and that you are not led through 4 pages to complete a task/transaction. The support team have been amazing It is a great asset to our studio and makes our client management simple and effective. We have experienced a few small issues but as mentioned your support team have been great and all issues from our side have been resolved up to this point

Cons

Punchpass for my home yoga studio

I used Punchpass for my in home yoga studio for a number of years and was very pleased with the service. It met all of my needs and was a great way to manage a very small business with a level of professionalism that was very important to me. The crew "behind the scenes" was always personal, friendly and professional. I always felt that punchpass was designed just for me! :)

Cons

Erin - thank you so much for the kind words! They truly mean a lot to us.

Fantastic support, easy to add clients, saved time and energy, reasonably priced.

This program just keeps getting better. I initially signed up to keep track of my clients drop ins for a few group programs I run, and as the months went by there were more and more amazing features to use. It was really helpful to have automated emails sent to my clients when their passes were expiring, I made up-sales without even trying.