HelpCrunch Reviews

HelpCrunch

Customer Communication tool for Support, Marketing & Sales

4.82/5 (146 reviews)

Pros
  • M loving the macro systems which makes replying to help requests quick and easy, also the fact that you can connect and extend the functionality inside your app is going to be helpful.Mitch B.Read the full review
  • One more thing, that will definitely win your heart is outstanding online customer support HelpCrunch has. They treat you not as a random user, but like a friend.Lana B.Read the full review
  • Helpcrunch is superb value for money and my agents are totally motivated to use it every day. The most I like about Helpcrunch it is loaded features and can automate many tasks.Shahid K.Read the full review
Cons
  • The upsell pricing is a big problem as the pricing from one to plan to other differs a lot and the main problem is integrations are lacking.Bharatwaj r.Read the full review
  • It was a little confusing to begin with but after a little bit of practise it became very familiar.Harry H.Read the full review
  • The only negatives I could provide in comparison to Intercom is the lack of Integrations and chat widget marketing options.Lewis G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Lana Bakey

The software that really helps

Reviewed 2019-08-23

HelpCruch has everything we need to automate the process of catching leads, providing necessary information to them and don't let them forget about us after we had a chat. All the features are pretty detailed which helps to create what you really need. For instance, a pop-up. You can select different styles, colors, there is no limit on what you do. That's why your work with HelpCrunch is a pleasure. One more thing, that will definitely win your heart is outstanding online customer support HelpCrunch has. They treat you not as a random user, but like a friend. Furthermore, they do release the features you request. They are just fabulous :)

Pros
HelpCrunch has a user-friendly interface with all necessary features supported. I would say, the team has thought for us by creating top-notch functionality. It was a great surprise, uniquely different pop-ups, and automatic follow-ups. I would recommend to each new user to set up a demo call to see the full set of functions the HelpCrunch chat platform has.

Cons
There is nothing I can list here :) Like... really nothing :)

Response from HelpCrunch

Lana, you made our team's day. Thanks for all the love!
We're super glad to have you and supporthunt team as our loyal customers.

Thomas Blasco

Excellent value-for-money Software for our SaaS business

Reviewed 2020-01-07

While we were only looking for a chat solution, and had two bad experiences with competitors who had "automated solutions" where no-one was actually there to sort their bugs out. Helpcrunch, on the other hand was reactive from day 1. We were pretty quick to install it on our system (both website & SaaS). We programmed dozens of automated messages, also use it to push product news to our customers, and get quick feedback through the chat for our on-trial customers. Overall, I recommand Helpcrunch for Chat Messenging and E-mailing, though I have not tested all the options that are part of our package (such as the integrated Resource Center) I look forward for further developments of the solution in 2020 !

Pros
- Complete suite for emailing and chat - Simple enough, yet highly customizable - Very reactive customer support teams

Cons
- No Drip email marketing implemented (well, not yet as of 12/2019)

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Thomas! Thanks a lot for all the comments. We're pumped you're with us.

Would love for your to explore the Knowledge base (Resource Center) as well - it's really helpful if you want to automate your support and provide a self-service option for customers.
If any questions, we're always there to assist you.

Ivan Farias

A better (and cheaper) alternative to Intercom

Reviewed 2020-04-15

Pros
We made the switch to HelpCrunch because we were concerned about the increasing costs with Intercom as our user base grew. Everything was great from the get go and my entire Success team is happy with the tool. On top of that, we managed to cut our expenses by 60%, which is great.

Cons
The limit of emails and auto-messages in our plan is a little upsetting

Bunny Blomèrus

Kind of good.

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-03

Pros
Working as live chat software, as a start.

Cons
Expensive, not worth the price. So the most are bad.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Bunny, thanks for your review!
Sad to hear that you didn't find our price attractive for your business when in fact we have one of the most competitive prices on the market with more features included and starting at just $12/mo.

If you feel like there's something you'd like to configure in our pricing for your specific case, we'll be happy to discuss and provide you with a custom plan according to your needs.
We're always flexible and open to feedback to ensure that our customers get the most value out of HelpCrunch for their business.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Fedor Skvortsov

Grate online chat

Reviewed 2020-04-09

Communications with our customers

Pros
It is easy to install and use the software.

Cons
They still miss some REST API endpoints for scenarios of complex integrations.

Bhushan Lakshmi Krishna

Sales Acquisition and Retention With HelpCrunch

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Initially, we tracked our user behaviour of users coming on to the page. With this we tried to figure out what time most of the user are active and online, this helped us to followup with the user effectively and also helped us to improve our conversion rates to 12%. Now, we are trying to send multiple follow up messages from the start with strong CTA's and have seen significant growth in sales.

Pros
Iam a noob developer and i have a responsibility of finding better customer relation management chat bot which improve my sales, i was on hunt for chatbots which is easy to use and customise, this is when i came across helpcrunch as i saw it gives me many integrations like mail and text where i get notified when an user has any concern. Along with this i also liked the customisation menu which is properly structured so that every entity can be changed with ease. As it also give 14 day free trial, this will altogether will get a customer and retain them effortlessly.

Cons
I liked pretty much everything, only thing i feel like can be improved is widget customisation along with the sizes and colours, this will make completely handful to the user.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Bhushan!
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with HelpCrunch.
Seeing those conversion, sales and retention metrics improve is what it's all about.

As to the widget customization, we've looked at dozens of other live chat solution and couldn't find a more customizable chat widgets.
On HelpCrunch you can change widget size, colors, and there are many other customization options to play with.
Nevertheless, we're constantly adding new exciting tweaks and features to the live chat. Feel free to reach out to our team to share your suggestions.

BJ Jones

Very good software that drives customer interaction

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Very pleased. Nice people, good software and good value for money.

Pros
I love HelpCrunch. I have tried literally 50 programs out of the 200 or so that are out there. HelpCrunch was my choice after a long search, and I am so glad I did. The ease of use is extraordinary, and I am thrilled with the help I have received. I am a news editor so trying to actually launch a new software program is often hard as I found out doing free trials on other programs, but I was able to set up HelpCrunch in two hours one evening. It was a great use of time, because now I am finally seeing results when other software would draw crickets. So I would suggest HelpCrunch to anyone serious about communication.

Cons
I would like to see Facebook Messenger integration which I know will be coming soon, but I would like it now.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks so much for the detailed review, BJ!
We're looking to improve our user onboarding soon so it takes even less time to completely set up your account.

And yes, facebook messenger integration is coming soon. Stay tuned!
Appreciate your business.

Peter Janssens

Excellent chat software for your Wordpress site!

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Helpcrunch is very easy to setup and configure. They offer a very low cost (free) entry level so you can evaluate as long as you want. Helpcrunch has very low impact on the site performance, which is very important to me. Helpcrunch has an app on tablets and mobile phones which is extremely responsive. I hardly ever miss a chat because the app is so fast.

Cons
I can not think of anything I don’t like about the software. It is technically ok, and the developers are not harassing me with commercial mails like many other do. It is friendly software, made by friendly people.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate the kind words, Peter!

Mitch Bowler

Great platform to directly connect with customers

Reviewed 2019-08-30

So far it's been great. I saw many people raving about their customer support and yes, it is legendary! So far I've only interacted with them twice and it's been great!

Pros
I'm loving the macro systems which makes replying to help requests quick and easy, also the fact that you can connect and extend the functionality inside your app is going to be helpful. The best thing however I think is just how easy it was to get setup and start having real conversations with people.

Cons
It's really a small thing, but I'm looking forward to when they can allow us to send verified email from our own domains. For the moment this isn't a deal killer for us, but it will be nice to have the highest deliverability possible using our own custom domains.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks so much for the kind words, Mitch!

Susan Lassiter-Lyons

Excellent Software With All the Bells & Whistles Included

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Our overall experience with HelpCrunch has been stellar and we've already made several extra sales that could have been lost because we were able to proactively reach out to website visitors and guide them along.

Pros
I've been looking for a help desk tool that combined the functionality of a helpdesk with the proactive in app messaging like Intercom. I've used both ZenDesk and HelpScout in the past and they just kept getting more expensive as they added features and functionality and it was getting cost prohibitive for our very small company. Now we have a solution that has everything we were looking for at a fraction of the cost.

Cons
The only issue we've had is that there are so many features, the learning curve to understand and implement everything is a bit steeper than previous solutions. But that will go away as we continue to learn about and implement the tool.

Response from HelpCrunch

Fantastic to hear about your results, Susan!

We're looking to improve every feature onboarding very soon, so that you can learn quicker why and how you may want to use certain functionality.

Anonymous

Good but app can be better

Reviewed 2019-09-02

I like the chat and the history of the chat by user/contact. If the mobile app could show me the meta data when a chat comes in, that would be perfect.

Pros
I use HelpCrunch because i needed a more advanced chat solution. I use the chat to support my logged in users. I do not want to aks them name or company (meta data) as i have this info as they are logged in already. It was important the chat had a mobile (iOS) app, so i can give support on the road and as soon as possible. Looks nice and professional. I do not use a lot of the other functions, like the Knowledge Base.

Cons
I have asked support multiple times to improve the mobile app. As a chat comes in, i can only see the name and none of the meta data, which is very important to me. I don't understand why this is not in the app, as it is an important part of the help solution. The web application in the browser is a bit heavy. I could not (or very slow) load it on slow (hotel) internet connections. (working in Safari)

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey there! Thanks for all the feedback.
Our support team received your request regarding user data in mobile apps.
We've already added this to our backlog and we'll see how soon it will be implemented :)

We'll also look into the slow app loading on low internet speed.
Stay tuned! If you want to receive updates on those, just ping our team and we'll be sending you updates on periodic basis.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Alex Satler

Way to improve HelpCrunch

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Overall it is good based on the functionality it currently has. But there is always ways for improvement, right?

Pros
Integration with iPhone. Easy to track if all chat users were handled and taken care of. Easy to embed on the website. Ability to send an email to offline chatters. The ability to block a person. Emailing a transcript.

Cons
- The fact I always have to open Helpcrunch website to answer chats. Sometimes you just forget to do that! The fact there is no any Windows App which would support HelpCrunch and start with Windows, so the chat would be always be connected to the agent. - The fact there are no shortcuts or templates which would allow to type something like "/greet" and it would send a templated message i.e. Hello my name is Alex Satler. Please let me know how may I help you today? etc" - The fact there is no way to guide your chat visitors around your website. Say, a visitor is interested in seeing my pricing. I simply enter a code "/price" and it re-directs a visitor to the page with our pricing and so on.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Alex!
Thanks for the detailed review.

Glad you found most of the functionality in HelpCrunch helpful and easy to use.
Of course, there's always room for improvements - and that's what out team is always after.

Wanted to address a few things you've pointed out:
- Currently there is only the browser version of the product available, but we're looking to develop desktop versions (for Mac and Windows) at some point, perhaps next year.
- You can utilize Saved responses feature to instantly insert templated messages in the conversation. Just type in '#' when entering a new message and you'll see the list of all saved responses which you can insert and modify at any time.
This way you can create a greeting or a pricing-related message with a link to your pricing page.

Hope that helps. If you have any other suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to reach our support team via chat!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Max Hanna

Ever-improving, powerful alternative to Intercom

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Great customer service, willing to listen to any and all requests.

Pros
HelpCrunch was the clear choice for me because of their value for money services, compared to other expensive Support systems. They are continually improving and adding features which is great.

Cons
I've been a customer for a couple of years and it was originally a more simple Chat solution but now they have developed and extended their platform with other features.

Response from HelpCrunch

It's awesome to have you with us, Max!

Juan Badillo

Excellent Tool For Your Customers

Reviewed 2019-08-20

I honestly stayed because of the awesome customer service that I received before I was a customer, and after. If your customer service would have been subpar, I would have stayed with the product I used before.

Pros
My customers can reach me with any questions they have about something I offer, or something in general on my website. Like the instant message I get on the app, and the ability reply to customers, even when they have left the site.

Cons
The only thing I don't like about the software is the fact that we can't change the suhdomain. I have my widget on multiple sites, but can't change the suhdomain.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Juan! Thanks for your review.
Glad that you're now able to easily chat with your customers in real-time and reach them even after they leave your website.

Your feature request regarding subdomains is well taken. We should start working on this soon.

Anonymous

The Bread and Butter for your digital support team.

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
UI, Design, UX and features. Helpcrunch delivers value by focusing on communication. Sure you can have all the other bells and whistles it provides but for the price and plan you subscribe to it will do the job effectively and efficiently.

Cons
More integrations would be great and there are some 'limitors' based on plan but its only ever an issue if you're an enterprise. For the average startup or small business, helpcrunch is awesome.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for the review!

vincent delrusso

Good overall

Reviewed 2019-08-20

We have seen a dramatic rise in the quality of our communications with customers during business hours.

Pros
Good solid connections with customers. Feel comfortable to know they have received some information.

Cons
Off hours are very hard to manage. Customers done seem to know they are not online with agent and are leaving s message. No online list of customers on website browsing before chat to give better view of who is going to chat and why.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Vincent! Thanks a lot for the review and the feedback!

Have you tried putting up an offline form & message? This helps your customers to clearly tell if your team is offline or not.
Feel free to reach out to our team via chat, we'll be happy to help you with that or any other questions.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

John Lifrieri

HC runs our business!

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Tribute is a business that directly interfaces with customers every single day on a very detailed level. HC helps us manage, organize and effectively communicate with every customer on time.

Cons
The UI has been improving over time which is great! A slightly more modern feel would be awesome. Functionality is much more important to us though

Response from HelpCrunch

We're very glad to have Tribute team with us, John!
Thanks for the kind words.
We expect to roll out a small UI update to make the chat look even more modern already this month.

Joe Marshall

Great - probably the best messaging software

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Their support is amazing and friendly - regardless of you being a paying customer or free user.

Pros
Simply, the biggest pro is that it just works. When it comes to Messaging software, reliability is essential. In the past, ive had messaging plugins not send a message to me because i haven't opened their app in some time and it auto logged me out. I have never missed a message with helpcrunch. It also looks more modern than the competition.

Cons
There isn't really a con. The only thing is that i get emailed each time i receive a message - so if i am having a conversation with someone i will get dozens of emails, rather than just two emails, (one alert at the start and one summary at the end). But that is likely something that will get ironed out, more than an intentional feature.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks so much for your review, Joe!
Appreciate all the little details you've mentioned.

Your feedback regarding email notifications about new messages is well taken and passed to our product team.
All the best!

Leonardo Wolff

Awesome Value for the Money

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
If you deal with customers, you need a system in place. Emails are a way to lose customers, because the conversation get lost in the way. We had this problem before, and we started to look for a system that could help us with our communication with customers and a central dashboard for our articles. Helpcrunch helped us to solve this problem. We installed the widget in our site and started to deal with customers support in a centralized manner, and also helped us with lead generation. The app also provides a knowledge base that you can use to keep your customers in the loop, on how to use your app and solve small issues without the need to reach out to support. Helpcrunch also packs pro-active messages, that you can use to interact with people who visit your site. It's easy and pleasent to use. I highly recommend

Cons
I can't say something bother us, I like the app and is easy to use.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your review, Leonardo.
We're building HelpCrunch to help businesses like yours to solve the exact problems you described.

Glad that you're able to centralize customer support and generate more leads for your business with the tool.
All the best!

tijan tijan

My experience with helpcrunch

Reviewed 2019-07-22

I have tried virtually most of the customer service software out there, zend desk, helpcrunch, freshchat and name it. I tried all of them for more than a year before deciding that HelpCrunch is the solution we need. I can begin to list the Pros and Cons of all of these software but I wont go into that. HelpCrunch has a fantastic customer service team. Thumbs up particularly to Constantine, a great guy who is always on hand to assist at anytime. They treat you like a family. They continue to allow me test their software even when my trial has expired. Like I said above, the only issue I see with this software is the shortcut on mobile and I hope it is resolved soon.

Pros
The software is easy to use and have some great features you wont find in the others.

Cons
The safe responses are not working on mobile. This is the only downsize I see to this software and the team has assured me that it is been worked on. This shortcut is essential

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Tijan!
Thanks so much for such kind words, passed this to the entire team (you made Konstantine blush btw).

Also, be sure that your feedback regarding saved responses on mobile is well taken - we will take care of this soon and notify you when done.

See you inside HelpCrunch!

Max Bondarenko

Overall an awesome chat tool!

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Easy to setup, no learning curve needed, our sales people cant live without it.

Pros
I lke the fact that its pretty configurable, it allows you have ton a of rules around what to show, where and to whom. Proactive messages is my favorite feature, banners are pretty handy too. Support is great by the way

Cons
A few improvments can be introduced the mobile user experiences but these are not critical at all

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot Max! We're happy to have Invisible on board.

Carsten Schaefer

The rising star of customer support software

Reviewed 2019-08-20

I've done a research and found out HelpCrunch would be the best fit for us. Their pricing is absolute fair.

Pros
I love their UI and the support is amazing. All found bugs were fixed in a short time and I always got a response.

Cons
Still some features are missing, but these are on the roadmap. For instance I am waiting for custom domains and auto message for incoming messages to the shared inbox. But I really miss the possibility to switch between different accounts on web and mobile.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot, Carsten.
Your feature requests are definitely in our backlog, we should start working on those soon!

Bogdan Babyak

Have been using HelpCrunch for over 2 years now

Reviewed 2019-01-31

Overall, I'm happy with HelpCrunch and easily recommend it to folks looking for a great marketing and customer support software

Pros
* Robust toolset of chat and email features, team reports are super useful too. * Affordable price per agent is definitely a plus (I hated paying per contact on Intercom before - it was too unpredictable for our fast growing SaaS) * Always helpful customer support assistants

Cons
None as of right now. We used to experience a few issues with it at the beginning, but everything works great for us currently. Probably the only thing I'd like to see improved is the speed of our emails deliverability (we have a 200K+ ema

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the review Bogdan. We're glad to have SE Ranking amongst our customers :)

We've recently rolled out an update that increases the email deliverability speed, as well as improves HelpCrunch service performance overall. I'm sure you'll notice the difference.

Adam Cibulka

Best price-to-performance ratio helpdesk software!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-02

Overall experience with HelpCrunch has been really good and I think it will really help us with our business.

Pros
I like the ways you can customize this product to your needs/themes and the easy of use. Literally everybody would be capable to write an article in HelpCrunch and the changes are global instantly.

Cons
Only thing I didn't like that much is securing a custom domain helpdesk with SSL on different server than apache or nginx - they don't have instructions for our kind of server.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with HelpCrunch, Adam!
We'll be sure to update our security instructions for various servers.

Dave Lizotte

Absolutely perfect

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
The interface was solid and easy to use for my team. The setup process to be able to be live and functional was straight forward and take only some minutes to setup. Once online, the tools was also easy to use for the user of the website. The configuration options are well documented and helpcrunch offer wide range of options to configure the way you want to use the tools.

Cons
The only drawback we found was the desktop/mobile app. The notification seem to not always be receive in time and sometime we receive notification some minutes after the client leave the website.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Dave! Thanks much for the detailed review.
Ease of chat setup is definitely important for us and our users.

We're working on the mobile app notifications improvements already, we'll keep you updated!