All categories

Issuetrak

Issue and Ticket tracking software for multiple industries.

Issuetrak Reviews

Pros

IssueTraks support team is super quick and super friendly. I would highly recommend this product.

Danna Z.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say for the price, this gem is amazing. I recommend it to anyone who will listen, and I look forward to the new ways Issuetrak will morph to support its users.

Tom M.

Cons

Customer support is very poor. Sometimes emails sent to the system to generate a ticket will get stuck on the server and we have to manually run a job that kicks the email through.

harmandeep singh s.

We tried their "productivity" version which changes the user base but ran into more problems trying to tie everything in make it work as a workflow management system.

Justin E.

I also don't like that you tend to get a lot of windows up, sometimes gets confusing.

Chad M.

Very good experience, but not excellent. Does a fantastic job at what it's supposed to do.

Resolves the complexity of tracking issues.

Pros

Quick, simple, and has plenty of features. Allows for precise control over each issue. Very responsive interface. Has fantastic customer support.

Cons

Development seems to be a bit slow on adding features, Short Term is set as within a year, which is of course reasonable, but Short Term is more like two weeks sprint, but that's personal opinion and experience.

IssueTrak has allowed me to document and resolve IT requests in a timely manner.

When I was hired as an IT Tech Support for Old Wisconsin Sausage, I was told that all IT requests for assistance was done through email and phone calls. They did not have a ticket system set up for users to submit tickets. This forced me to prioritize and document multiple requests using Microsoft Excel and other applications to help me stay organized. I had many instances of where I would be on...

Pros

The customization that IssueTrak offers has allowed me to create a "user friendly" software for my end users to submit issue requests. It gives me options to create forms that makes sense to what end users are requesting assistance with. The "quick pick" options allows the user to submit requests just as fast and quickly as sending out an email or calling for assistance. I also like the "Menu Option" that allows me to add internal web applications that our end users use on a daily basis. This allows end users to use IssueTrak as a centralized hub to access internal company files, applications, etc.

Cons

Ability to add more than one column on the "submit " page -- This will allow for seeing the whole screen instead of scrolling down. I have used IssueTrak's User Voice feedback website to make suggestions, but it doesn't seem like any of these suggestions are taken into consideration. I've seen many great suggestions submitted 1-2 years ago by other IssueTrak customers and users only to see a feedback...

Horrible for anything but canned actions

Pros

Small footprint on server and runs on Windows. We didn't have to install some appliance or other modified Linux variation to get the software up and running. Able to leverage our existing SQL and IIS servers when needed.

Cons

Functionality, they claim it is highly flexible and has workflow but there is no logic short of a yes no response system. The flexibility for any department outside of a single use is frustrating and process automation only really sends notifications there is no automation but instead reporting of when you completed something. Simple workflow related tasks are non-existent such as creating a new issue to handle a flow item, this causes you to have to try and include all outcomes for a workflow item.

Maillie Review of cloud base issuetrak - Chad Mohr

Before I was hired, Maillie was using no help desk software at all. We are a 100 person small accounting firm. I came from a 400 person pharma company in which I used and configured 4 help desk software before. I have used before Remedy, HP service center, Cherwell, Lifetime, and Frontrange ITSM. I am ITIL v3 certified and this product helps follow some of the ITIL methodologies. We trialed 8 hd...

Cons

Chad, Great product review. Regarding the request to have IssueTrak automatically suggest a KB solution....I've seen that functionality demonstrated in a recent developers meeting. Just saying.... Customer feedback really does help define the product. Thanks again, Tony

Absolutely fantastic issue tracking solution - works great for both staff and customers!!

Issuetrak replaced another system that was not at all customizable and just wasn't meeting our needs. From the start, their team was super helpful with the (really easy) set up and everything that followed. Our customers loved it and so did our entire team.

Pros

Issuetrack is great. It works right out of the box but also has tons of customization available. It's one of those rare solutions that your internal team will like as much as your customers do. - customers can login to see all their issues - great email rules you can customize to how your team works and what your customers want - nice set of reports already on board - VERY nice work flows (once we saw these, we used them for EVERYTHING) - If I could rate their own support team higher than a 10, I would. I manage our company's support team, and the Issuetrack support team is my model for how support should treat their customers.

Cons

Actually nothing. I love it. Our leaving was a cost saving measure (we are using a free product now) and I miss Issuetrak EVERY DAY.

I was having trouble with the back button on searches and the technician fixed the problem quickly.

I make my boss happy when I can retrieve the information quickly and set in an excel sheet for reports needed fast. I have become the most valuable employee hired in this department.

Pros

I like being able to search for the issues I need for information with fast. I am so busy on the phone and customers that when I need certain information from IssueTrak I don't have to sit and wait. I love the way it allows for a wildcard search. I can relax because this software is exactly what I need to get my job completed every day.

Cons

I have been using this software for 12 years now and there is not much I don't like about it. There have been a few bugs but most of them have been fixed over the years. The more I use it, which is every day, the easier it gets. Whenever I have a problem, which is rarely, the fix is quick. The only time I can't relax is when the site goes down, occasionally, usually a server problem.

Great product and amazing support. IssueTrak Support is always just a phone call away.

Asset management, Helpdesk ticketing solution, Auditing assets to verify software updates are complete, Reporting, Surveys, a good all around solution that is customize-able and affordable.

Pros

Easy customize-able solution for tracking issues, assets, billing, and surveys. Pricing setup so that you can pick which features you need and can really customize to suit the needs of your organization. Anytime I find something I feel IssueTrak can improve on or do better they are always there to listen and have a community of IssueTrak users to really listen to their customers. They go above and beyond in this area truly and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Not able to Scan/Audit Non-Windows devices (luckily for us that is a minor detail). Locations are a little weird for a single site location such as an educational institution but it works. Just takes a bit of learning how the system functions.

We spend less time organizing.

Pros

Issuetrak helps my team track requests ,issues and tickets with features like auto-assignment, at-a-glance dashboard metrics, user-defined fields,custom forms ,detailed reporting, custom-forms etc. I like that we are allowed to either deploy in the cloud or in-house. We are able to submit tickets via web form, mobile,email, web form, or web portal. Ability to define our work-flow with simple task lists or complex branching is a blessing to our daily work activity. Issuetrak is highly customizable and supports quick implementation, with an easy to navigate user interface.

Cons

From my personal experience ,Issuetrack is not fully compatible with Google Chrome ; which is my favourite web browser. When I open different web links within the Issuetrack program, it opens my link on a new Chrome window ,instead of a new tab.

Easy to use for first time Ticket Users

I am part of a small IT team. We often have to coordinate with outside developers and vendors on projects and problems. We often learn tricks and best practices from them. IssueTrak allows us to track the progress and document what we've learned for other team members in the future.

Pros

It is very easy to learn - I had no experience with it in November, and became comfortable with it in just a few days. I especially like the Knowledge Base and Recurring Request features.

Cons

It's not the prettiest GUI. Pasting images always pastes them too large and have to be resized.

Issue Track is very functional and customizable

The logistics department is more relaxed with the help provided by this platform.

Pros

It has excellent tools for order control, it is a great help for the company's logistic department, it is easy to use and very customizable. A good customer service and technical support, we will continue using it !!!!

Cons

It is an incredible platform, but it will help us more if the custom fields are added automatically at the end of each search, we hope they improve this so that they are practical.

Robustness in an Affordable Package

I have been using Issuetrak now for about 5 years. Until recently I only used it for managing tasks for my manufacturing group. I wanted them to be able to have a place that flowed their work on non-repetitive tasks. What I found however went way beyond my original expectations. Issuetrak has used the customer's voice to evolve over the last few years. It has made itself more user-friendly, more...

Pros

Flexible Adaptable User-friendly

Cons

The screens could still use some work to make them completely custom. While some fields may need to be mandatory, it would be nice if they didn't need to show on the issue itself.

Love to recommend IssueTrak!

Well, they say it right! you've got issues. Keep track of them with IssueTrak. it is a standard ITIL driven application with user-friendly interface to track Issues for your organization or your customers. That's not end of it. It has standard and functionalities like Reports, Asset Management, Quick pick and Recurring Issues etc. which will make your life easier. It's not an high-end application though I guess small or mid sized organization will find it suitable. The best thing I like about IssueTrak that it captures labor hours of users, at each transaction, at each updates, at the end of day you can create a report and calculate how many hours you or your team had spent in a work or issues or projects etc. Isn't that interesting? I would love to recommend to anyone. Thanks IssueTrak!

Pros

Quick pick, Recurring Issues, Reports, Note captures Labor hours.

Cons

It's slow. Email notification setup gets bug sometimes. It lacks in connecting different modules like Organization, Users and Issue Type. Like you can not see what are the issue types supported by the organization if you are at the organization page. You can not add/remove groups from user if you are at the user page.

Features and Functionality

One of the features that i currently have an issue with is the integration of O365. We spent hours with your technicians and still couldn't get the issue fixed from over two years ago. Hoping an upgrade to version 10.1 will remedy the situation. Your Survey feature needs to be a little less bland! My company would LOVE to use this more but overall our survey takers find them boring. Give us the option to add more designs, more fonts...just more of everything! And please change the survey result display...gosh add some graphs or piecharts...please!

Pros

ease of use entering tickets

Cons

survey needs work need the ability to integrate o365

Thank you for your feedback, Alisa. Recent improvements to the Incoming Email feature should alleviate the issues you encountered previously. I encourage you to contact our support team at your earliest convenience so they can assist you with the process. They can be reached at +1 (757) 213-1351 M-F 7am-8pm (ET/GMT-5). Regarding your feedback on our Survey module, we take all suggestions seriously and review customer feedback when evaluating future product enhancements. If you have additional feedback you'd like to recommend, we utilize UserVoice to collect and track community submitted ideas for Issuetrak. It can be accessed at https://issuetrak.uservoice.com.

IssueTrak for Issue and Project Tracking

Pros

We use IssueTrak for multiple functions: to receive and track customer inquiries and requests, to track internal processes, and even as an outreach tool to our stakeholders. IssueTrak supports all those goals, and does it in a very user-friendly and scaleable manner. IssueTrak is very configurable making it ideal for small shops, multiple uses and individualized projects and processes. Support does a good job of understanding your questions/issues, and first level support knows the product well. With the cloud-based version, we require very little internal IT support. The administrators for the tool are within my department, and we can configure it to do everything we've needed so far.

Cons

As with any system, there sometimes are "quirks" and work-arounds that are not necessarily well documented. For example, we needed to give some individuals access to items that were not assigned to their departments. You can do that in IssueTrak, but it's through the use of "e-mail notifications" (you can grant individual access, but turn off specific e-mail notifications). We didn't know that by reading the documentation, but it works!

We used it for end user issues tracking at active phase of the project

We've got some experience how to set up better process for our end-users issues tracking

Pros

What I liked the most is ability to configure custom processes per team. Also if team-specific setup worked good for single team, it was easy to share it with other teams. Most of our clients liked escalation feature. As we were a small team, sometimes reminder that some issue is on hold is too long on hold worked as additional motivational factor. We also liked a feature, that allowed to set up custom rules for issues assignment. E.g. if someone is good at something or someone's action/approval is the first step of something, some kind of issues goes to him/her automatically.

Cons

They are good when you use only current set of features and experience no issues. As soon as you experience an issue or wait for their software upgrade, timelines are really unpredictable (company has been working at different pace allover the time).

Great software for phone or email support issues.

Daily usage for our customer support center.

Pros

We use this software to handle incoming support calls and emails. We point our voice mail server to send the voicemails and forward our support email addesss as well to IssueTrak which then creates a support tickets. IssueTrak Runs and does what it is supposed to do. Light footprint and easy to use. IssueTrak support is outstanding with training and support issues. I would highly recommend!

Cons

I would like to see Secure SSL email support added and better mail controls inside the Web management. The configuration could be a little easier to understand as far as rules and responses go but the support team will help you get it to do what you need.

Thank you for the feedback Scott - we're happy to hear how happy you are with our product and support! The latest version of Issuetrak provides the functionality you're looking for - have you considered working with support and your account manager on upgrading?

Not enough stars

Although I rate Issuetrak highly, by star reckoning, all categories look equally strong. This is not the case. Where these folk truly shine is in the Customer Support arena. These guys rock! And, they use their own software. Submitting an issue with them is just like what we do in our office. And seeing how they use their product gives us a better understanding how we may do things. Its great! Please forgive my hasty opinions. I've only been using their product for almost 20 years. I could be wrong. BTW: We're hosted in the cloud now. Yeeha!

Pros

Its hosted.

Cons

When searching issues, cannot click back button. Must start search all over. ASP programming scares me a little in this decade. Glad it is in the cloud for our security sake.

Thank you for your kind words, Bruce. We appreciate feedback, both positive and constructive, and are always seeking ways to improve our offerings. I have documented your feedback concerning the functionality of search and the use of ASP and will share this information with our developers. Thanks again!

Basic Ticketing Solution

Issue Tracking for our IT Help Desk.

Pros

The cost of the product is a huge seller, especially when compared to similar products on the market. Their customer support and sales team are easy to work with and quick to resolve issues.

Cons

Very basic solution that requires extensive periods of time to pull reports from (they have to be manually created) and to customize/maintain. IssueTrak does not check back on a regular basis to reevaluate/reassess how their customers are utilizing the product and if there is any improvements they can help them make.

Thank you for your feedback Lars. We are always working to improve our product and services and firmly believe in the idea that there are no finish lines. I'm sorry to hear about the lack of communication - that is certainly not how we strive to operate. I will share your feedback with the appropriate teams to make sure this is rectified. Thank you for choosing Issuetrak!

On-Premise user - for about 4 years now...

as an IT dept, we have used IssueTrak to maintain all our Inventory, Contracts, Contacts, setup automatic reminders for Renewals...used PC-Trak (until recently) for Inventory. we publish our internal info as KB articles and that comes in quite handy for little-used but very-important means of troubleshooting and knowledge transfer. their tech support is super-responsive and there hasn't been...

Pros

customization , quick-pick setups for repetitive tasks/scenarios

Cons

small learning curve...but then is easy-peasy

We have implemented the Issue Trak across 25 countries in Europe from a scratch to a perfection.

Transparency on issue resolution and reporting purposes.

Pros

We are not currently using all features available from Issue Trak but this system is continuously developing that we will have to integrate more system into Issue Trak - e.g. knowledge base, external/internal requests, proposals for product improvement/new product introduction, etc..

Cons

We would really appreciate multilingual version that may help us to use Issue Trak in more areas. Sometimes it was hard to understand all permissions that are given by Organization, department and user account settings e.g. if somebody sends you e-mail from the system you can see any issue that your permissions does not allow.

IssueTrak Product Review

We have been using IssueTrak for about three years now. We began using it as an issue tracking system for company and since it has evolved into so much more! We are now using it for IT/HelpDesk issues, Customer Service, and our VendorHelp platform. Any time we have a problem or need help with something with the site, the support team at IssueTrak is always prompt in assisting. I would recommend this to anyone and give 5/5 stars!

Pros

It's super easy to use and extremely functional. Whenever we need assistance with something, the support team is super helpful and fast.

Cons

The workflow is sometimes difficult to understand or get around when trying to set a certain user up with certain functionalities.

Simple and Effective

Solves end-users needs to submit their requests quickly, also IT Admins can better track all the requests and report.

Pros

The ability to customise the software to meet our needs Report generator tool is pretty extensive Email to ticket, made end-users life easier Overall a decent product

Cons

Installation is bit tricky Only search users beginning with last name of the user, some time can be annoying As an admin when I send reply to tickets it goes using my personal work email rather than the support email, I constantly have to cc support email and advise users to Reply All when sending replies.

Our agency uses Issuetrak we have been using them for 9 years

So easy to use and wonderful support team!

Pros

They are constantly listening and improving the software which is wonderful to keeping up with change. The simplicity of using this tools is so easy it takes our departments about 1 hour to learn how to use issuetrak. In about 1 weeks they are well on their way with no issues

Cons

We have not complaints about Issuetrak, the only thing I could provide is that we wish that the issues would be a little more intuitive when the same customer submits several times, this would avoid more than one issues opened for the same customer

IssueTrak and don't look back

This is a solid product with top shelf customer support. I've used several of the big ones which all have their own share of issues (no pun intended). IssueTrak handles our facility issues well. With automated ticket creation and pass-through authentication it is simple for users to create tickets. On the dashboard page I can get an overview that benefits my position as IT Director to know at a glance what is happening. No system is perfect which is why this isn't a pure 5 star review but with a quality product offering combined with good prices and the best customer service I've come across in years, don't hesitate to give IssueTrak a chance.

Pros

customer support

Cons

little ugly on the user interface side.

Great Ticketing System and more!

We have used Issuetrak for 7 years and it is the most reliable ticketing system I have ever used. It's a great product for tracking, escalating and creating tickets.

Pros

The ease of use. First off it's easy to setup and maintain. Once it is setup it's like set it and forget it. It just works.

Cons

Really no cons about this product.