HighGear

True no-code workflow software, for managing work at scale

HighGear Reviews

Larry B.

Their assistance with understanding our business model and clearly defining outcomes in workflow was impressive. Any questions to the support team are answered quickly and efficiently.

Brooke W.

Highgear has automated our business logic and provided fantastic customer support.

Brooke W.

Stephanie G.

Learning how to create forms, workflows, etc. is a bit difficult.

Ellie P.

Manipulating the reporting features (BI Module).

Maxine A.

4.9

HighGear was a lifesaver!

Excellent! Customer support is the best of any software company I've ever dealt with.

Pros

We recently had an employee leave the company unexpectedly and without HighGear it would have been so much more difficult of a transition. Because we work in various locations, the collaboration that HighGear provides was a lifesaver! No one had to go to her desk and search through paper files to figure out what was outstanding. We could easily assign the tasks to others within the office. Updating the workflows was simple. It was also very helpful for us to understand all the various tasks that she was responsible for so we could reevaluate and streamline processes.

Cons

Assigning permissions takes some getting used to. Once you wrap your head around it, it's not a big deal though.

Game changer!

They are a well run, conscientious company that wants to truly deliver value. That's the impression I get with every interaction. If they don't know something they find out. Also, the software itself is super unique. For example, when the head of my Operations Department wanted to explore linking it with data from another program, they worked with her to find the best solution for the best cost (i.e., building an integration). Ultimately this was cost effective and allowed us to utilize the software in more of our process areas. Working with them was the bright light for us during this horrid year (2020). They allowed us to become entirely virtual, innovative, and lower costs all at once.

Pros

This software allows us to finally do what we've wanted to do for 10 years - create SMART workflows and processes that save our operations people TIME. Also, now that we know of the software's capabilities we are adding new development to our list of process improvements. This would equate to hundreds of thousands of dollars in traditional programming costs, but we are paying a very tiny fraction of any development efforts in the past. And our return on investment was immediately measurable. IT IS SO INTUITIVE AND FLEXIBLE.

Cons

In the beginning there is a learning curve, but in the grand scheme of things that is a small price to pay for what we got.

Customizable Solution with Great Support

I think our overall experience with HighGear has been very positive! We have been able to increase our productivity and measure performance and results. The processes that we have put in place through HighGear keep us organized and on track and with the many projects that we have. The Customer Support team at HighGear is amazing as well and always ready to help us out and talk through and suggest ways to help and improve!

Pros

What I like most about HighGear is its ability to change to meet the needs that we have as opposed to us changing to conform to the software. We are able to make changes and updates relatively quickly and with minimal fuss to make the software work better in our ever-changing workplace.

Cons

I think that there is almost too much in HighGear and that can make it overwhelming and confusing. There are a lot of built in functionalities that we do not use (i can't imaging someone using them all) and that creates some complexity in not being able to hide or remove the parts we don't use.

HighGear got our Company Organized!

Pros

HighGear took our company for very disorganized to a company that had added structure. We were dealing with a company growth spurt and needed to add structure to our growing company. We could no longer do business the way we were before. HighGear helps multiple departments communicate on day to day tasks as well as larger projects. We are currently looking into expanding our use of HighGear. Overall this product is great!

Cons

There is no answer generator. Example: If the user answers yes to a question certain fields appear or become applicable on the same form.

Highgear’s software has been invaluable to our organization with regards to removing the complexity of managing projects.. We are required to capture pertinent information to provide at the State level, and the automation of that process has helped us achieve the requirements seamlessly.

Pros

The organizational structure of Highgear’s team has been a huge plus in our experience. Clearly defined roles and responsibilities on their teams have ensured that at each touch point we are able to get an answer quickly. At the onset of utilizing their services, the requirements elicitation and scope of our needs was thorough and precise and has only needed tweaking as our organization has grown....

Cons

There are helpful features that might be missed without a fully engaged team or admin pushing them, and to identify the full scope of what HighGear offers requires a time commitment to attend training. In our experience, this investment of time has resulted in improved organizational project management and clean business logic process.

HighGear delivers

HighGear is not just a vendor - they are a valued business partner. Everyone I have worked with at HighGear exceeds my expectations on a continuing basis. They listen and deliver.

Pros

The greatest benefit is the ability to create exactly what we need and to make changes quickly. My experience with other software solutions is that we had to make adjustments to our processes in order to use the tools as they were designed. With HighGear it's completely opposite. We've been able to customize every component - fields, forms, statuses, reports and workflows. As a result, we have extremely efficient and effective tools for managing our work.

Cons

Some users have indicated they are a bit overwhelmed by the amount of available information. I think the new release, 8.2, will help the user experience with the introduction of reporting on the fly. As an administrator, I can't think of anything. Any time I've run into an issue or a problem HighGear has come with up a solution. They actively seek (and implement) user input.

Great Job Managment System

The use of HighGear in my business has been game changing. I have used it for many years and would not have been able to run my business or have the confidence that my processes are working smoothly without it.

Pros

HighGear allows you to create a job flow system for the most complicated processes.The visual job flow creator allows you to move projects through your team and make sure no projects get lost. Automatically assigns tasks based on rules, sets due dates, email jobs straight into the system all makes it the best job/project management system I have seen or tested.

Cons

While Highgear can be integrated with any system you like, it is not plug and play like others. It requires the tech team at HighGear to set it up.

High Gear Is Excellent as a Work Order Management System

High Gear allows me to manage and report on progress toward meeting customer demands. We have established approval processes for customer requests, status reporting for work in process, and management reports and processes to manage workload. We utilize a small percentage of High Gear's capability, but what we do use is extremely beneficial to us.

Pros

We use High Gear to manage over 20,000 deliverables per year on a Government Contract. The system is highly configurable and developing work flows is a very intuitive process. High Gear support is exceptional and their video and in-person training programs are well done.

Cons

The system is highly configurable and requires a good bit of knowledge and expertise to maintain.

HighGear review

I am highly pleased with the product. I am exceptionally pleased with the support we receive. If we want to do something that is over our head we can ask for additional support and the HighGear team is always easy to communicate with and I feel that their pricing for extra support is fair.

Pros

HighGear allows us locally to design and implement our workflow and job tracking needs as they evolve. Without being reliant on a development team, waiting for code pushes, dealing with poorly designed tools for tracking. We can control what we do and when we do it and make it work for our needs.

Cons

Sometimes for running reports it can be slow.

My Review

Pros

Ease of making quick changes when our internal customer decides they want to add/change something. Don't need to have a custom programmer in house.

Cons

Would like better functionality for building checklists. We are quickly running out of fields and the character limitations on the titles do not work well for building checklists.

Still Learning

Overall I have had a positive experience with HighGear. I am very excited to learn more about how to make it more efficient within my workspace.

Pros

The software is very customizable which is critical in my area of business.

Cons

Learning how to create forms, workflows, etc. is a bit difficult. It take time and effort to learn, which sometimes isn't an option for those in a fast-paced environment, which results in delays during the work day in using the software to its full capacity.

Workflow solution

Pros

Allowed our organization to do more with less. In addition to keeping staff counts down, our teams are now more organized with their work, as well as improved process flow and task management.

Cons

The minimum license counts to purchase the software were higher than our organization needed out of the gate, which translated to a more expensive solution for we had hopped.

HighGear Review

Exceptional. The software is really good bu the people are better.

Pros

Functional for what we do - it allows us to capture all the info we need about our cusotmers and the activities we perform.

Cons

Nothing really...they have been attentive to all our needs

NASA-CSSC Review of High Gear

My company uses High Gear to manage daily workflow, track projects and evaluate timeliness. High Gear has been very helpful particularly for timeliness

Pros

Ease of use for daily project managemnet and workflow

Cons

Manipulating the reporting features (BI Module)