HighGear Reviews

4.92/5 (12 reviews)

Edna Dorantes

HighGear got our Company Organized!

Reviewed 2019-06-05

Pros
HighGear took our company for very disorganized to a company that had added structure. We were dealing with a company growth spurt and needed to add structure to our growing company. We could no longer do business the way we were before. HighGear helps multiple departments communicate on day to day tasks as well as larger projects. We are currently looking into expanding our use of HighGear. Overall this product is great!

Cons
There is no answer generator. Example: If the user answers yes to a question certain fields appear or become applicable on the same form.

Sammye K

HighGear delivers

Reviewed 2019-02-26

HighGear is not just a vendor - they are a valued business partner. Everyone I have worked with at HighGear exceeds my expectations on a continuing basis. They listen and deliver.

Pros
The greatest benefit is the ability to create exactly what we need and to make changes quickly. My experience with other software solutions is that we had to make adjustments to our processes in order to use the tools as they were designed. With HighGear it's completely opposite. We've been able to customize every component - fields, forms, statuses, reports and workflows. As a result, we have extremely efficient and effective tools for managing our work.

Cons
Some users have indicated they are a bit overwhelmed by the amount of available information. I think the new release, 8.2, will help the user experience with the introduction of reporting on the fly. As an administrator, I can't think of anything. Any time I've run into an issue or a problem HighGear has come with up a solution. They actively seek (and implement) user input.

Stephanie Giller

Customizable Solution with Great Support

Reviewed 2019-02-22

I think our overall experience with HighGear has been very positive! We have been able to increase our productivity and measure performance and results. The processes that we have put in place through HighGear keep us organized and on track and with the many projects that we have. The Customer Support team at HighGear is amazing as well and always ready to help us out and talk through and suggest ways to help and improve!

Pros
What I like most about HighGear is its ability to change to meet the needs that we have as opposed to us changing to conform to the software. We are able to make changes and updates relatively quickly and with minimal fuss to make the software work better in our ever-changing workplace.

Cons
I think that there is almost too much in HighGear and that can make it overwhelming and confusing. There are a lot of built in functionalities that we do not use (i can't imaging someone using them all) and that creates some complexity in not being able to hide or remove the parts we don't use.

Anonymous

HighGear was a lifesaver!

Reviewed 2019-06-05

Excellent! Customer support is the best of any software company I've ever dealt with.

Pros
We recently had an employee leave the company unexpectedly and without HighGear it would have been so much more difficult of a transition. Because we work in various locations, the collaboration that HighGear provides was a lifesaver! No one had to go to her desk and search through paper files to figure out what was outstanding. We could easily assign the tasks to others within the office. Updating the workflows was simple. It was also very helpful for us to understand all the various tasks that she was responsible for so we could reevaluate and streamline processes.

Cons
Assigning permissions takes some getting used to. Once you wrap your head around it, it's not a big deal though.

Nathan Peart

Great Job Managment System

Reviewed 2019-06-28

The use of HighGear in my business has been game changing. I have used it for many years and would not have been able to run my business or have the confidence that my processes are working smoothly without it.

Pros
HighGear allows you to create a job flow system for the most complicated processes.The visual job flow creator allows you to move projects through your team and make sure no projects get lost. Automatically assigns tasks based on rules, sets due dates, email jobs straight into the system all makes it the best job/project management system I have seen or tested.

Cons
While Highgear can be integrated with any system you like, it is not plug and play like others. It requires the tech team at HighGear to set it up.

Dan Fox

High Gear Is Excellent as a Work Order Management System

Reviewed 2019-02-25

High Gear allows me to manage and report on progress toward meeting customer demands. We have established approval processes for customer requests, status reporting for work in process, and management reports and processes to manage workload. We utilize a small percentage of High Gear's capability, but what we do use is extremely beneficial to us.

Pros
We use High Gear to manage over 20,000 deliverables per year on a Government Contract. The system is highly configurable and developing work flows is a very intuitive process. High Gear support is exceptional and their video and in-person training programs are well done.

Cons
The system is highly configurable and requires a good bit of knowledge and expertise to maintain.

Larry Babb

HighGear review

Reviewed 2019-06-07

I am highly pleased with the product. I am exceptionally pleased with the support we receive. If we want to do something that is over our head we can ask for additional support and the HighGear team is always easy to communicate with and I feel that their pricing for extra support is fair.

Pros
HighGear allows us locally to design and implement our workflow and job tracking needs as they evolve. Without being reliant on a development team, waiting for code pushes, dealing with poorly designed tools for tracking. We can control what we do and when we do it and make it work for our needs.

Cons
Sometimes for running reports it can be slow.

Ellie Pollock

Still Learning

Reviewed 2019-02-25

Overall I have had a positive experience with HighGear. I am very excited to learn more about how to make it more efficient within my workspace.

Pros
The software is very customizable which is critical in my area of business.

Cons
Learning how to create forms, workflows, etc. is a bit difficult. It take time and effort to learn, which sometimes isn't an option for those in a fast-paced environment, which results in delays during the work day in using the software to its full capacity.

thomas hermans

Workflow solution

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Pros
Allowed our organization to do more with less. In addition to keeping staff counts down, our teams are now more organized with their work, as well as improved process flow and task management.

Cons
The minimum license counts to purchase the software were higher than our organization needed out of the gate, which translated to a more expensive solution for we had hopped.

Elaine Mold

My Review

Reviewed 2019-06-04

Pros
Ease of making quick changes when our internal customer decides they want to add/change something. Don't need to have a custom programmer in house.

Cons
Would like better functionality for building checklists. We are quickly running out of fields and the character limitations on the titles do not work well for building checklists.

Robert Cowden

HighGear Review

Reviewed 2019-06-14

Exceptional. The software is really good bu the people are better.

Pros
Functional for what we do - it allows us to capture all the info we need about our cusotmers and the activities we perform.

Cons
Nothing really...they have been attentive to all our needs

Maxine Aldred

NASA-CSSC Review of High Gear

Reviewed 2019-02-26

My company uses High Gear to manage daily workflow, track projects and evaluate timeliness. High Gear has been very helpful particularly for timeliness

Pros
Ease of use for daily project managemnet and workflow

Cons
Manipulating the reporting features (BI Module)

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10