Schoox Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

Reviews by rating

Like other systems you can build a quiz internally, they do have a social media element, and a reward system so it's great for millennials and gen z's. I would highly recommend.
This will help in learning the best and most effective methods for navigating the software.
The biggest thing I dislike about SchooX is the inability to receive notifications when someone completes a course.
There are errors on the website that they don't acknowledge. When I finish a course many times i don't get credit.

NA

Nathan A.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Schoox is your one stop shop for a GREAT LMS!

They were great with any questions I had and it was compatible with multiple external programs to develop LMS content.

Pros

I had limited experience using an LMS program, let alone developing the content from scratch for my prior company. Having now seen it utilized in another company and how they use it, I can see the many, many features it offers.

Cons

With anything new, I was confident that it could offer more that what I was aware of at the time. So it was frustrating not knowing the 'higher level' offerings right out of the gate. So it wasn't a true dislike to the program, but more of "I wish I could have known more about it out of the gate" to use it better.

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best by far!

Schoox has transformed our company's training department. It is great having a system that is very easy to use and cell phone compatible.

Pros

Schoox is a game-changer when it comes to training. It easily integrated with Aloha and HotSchedules making it a must-have for anyone in the F&B, hospitality, or family entertainment industries. I love the many features and new ones that are added all the time. It is intuitive for the end-user and as an administrator, I find the system relatively easy to master. Whenever I do have an issue, the customer support is spot on.

Cons

Very little cons. I wish some of the settings were better defined.

HG

Henry G.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Future Potential, But Painful Present

Our organization is truly attempting to incorporate and adopt a culture of learning. I fear we are in jeopardy of compromising our efforts due to our inability to rely on Schoox to perform effectively. I believe if the technical issues could be resolved, we can still leverage Schoox to achieve our mission. There have been many things that I have found that I love about the Schoox system. I truly would love to have a long term partnership, but the problems are currently outweighing the benefits.

Pros

The user interface is pretty good. Our users love how easy it is to navigate the system. Most tasks are pretty simple to complete. Re-versioning content is a breeze! As long as you have a clear vision for your organization's hierarchy and content layout, you will be able to effectively set up the system.

Cons

Support is very bad! We have had bad experiences with notifications and recently I received a notification that I was terminated from our academy. I also received a notification that a former employee has added me to our academy, but I am still receiving error messages when I attempt to access. I have now been unable to access the system and have had no immediate assistance from any of my support channels....

CR

Christian R.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Great education platform

I was resistant to a new online learning platform but i have grown to appreciate the functionality of Schoox and the ability to universally train employees.

Pros

The fact that everything is accessible on one website and dashboard makes this software easy to use and learn.

Cons

Learning curve was a bit hard but once i played with it for a while it's become second nature. Just make sure you walk employees through the first go.

Christian, we're so happy to hear you've had such a positive experience using Schoox, and especially that you've been able to consolidate all your training websites and tools into one. Appreciate your review and look forward to continuing to support you and your initiatives!

DM

Daniel M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great software but not for the novice.

Schoox has been great for us overall. We have used it primarily for onboarding new hires up to this point, but we will eventually build out more continuing education modules within the system. It definitely took some time to figure out how to use, but the Schoox staff was great and always available. Our initial training with them was a screen share session followed by many phone calls and emails. Anytime we have a question they will always eagerly provide assistance. The HotSchedules integration was a huge selling point for us and has been great.

Pros

Schoox is full of features and functions like tracking and reporting, but the best thing we liked about Schoox is its complexity and ability to grow with us as our company grows. We can make it as small or big as we want it. It also integrates with HotSchedules which was a huge selling point for us.

Cons

When we decided to formalize our training program, I was tasked with the initial build-out. I am by no means a Learning and Development Manager, so I had a hard time figuring out how to use Schoox. We had played around with Talent LMS and I found it to be much simpler for the novice yet not as customizable as Schoox. The final choice to go with Schoox came from us understanding we needed to hire a L&D Manager eventually who would know how to use it better than me, which we did. Now all is well, but be warned this is not likely a software that can be learned casually by a novice.

BW

Brice W.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to use, but lots to master

Great system as long as you either have a learning direction and philosophy established or are open to whatever the consultant you hire to implement suggests. Not great for those who have a wishy washy learning vision or indecisive team.

Pros

End user interface is clean and easy to navigate through. The mobile app is one of the better LMS mobile apps around. Our employees did their training primarily through the application on their mobile devices. Approximately 85% mobile adoption. A really nice feature is the ability to set parameters around hourly employees and when they can access the system. We have a large hourly workforce and...

Cons

The organizational set up takes a bit to get used to, but once you are it is not overly complex. You mind as well turn off the search bar feature. You have a better chance of asking a magic eight ball where to find specific content. You will not need the search feature if you build your learning content correctly and use smart tagging conventions. E.G bundle content into courses and courses into curriculum, On-boarding, or career development. Our motto became "no content left behind" If its not in a course its not in our system.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

The best LMS system in the world!

Schoox is an awesome, seamless software and its support team is top-notch in regards to knowledge.

Pros

I implement this product for my company. I love it, in every way. From Course Creation, Automatic Assignment Rules, Curriculum creation, SCORM/AICC upload, content management, CEU credits management, On the Job Training, In Class Training, and exam creation, this tool has it all. It is easy for companies who never had a prior LMS as well as those coming from another system.

Cons

The only con for this software would be in its Poll/Survey feature. It is basic at best and should have a free-text/open response option.

JW

Jon W.

Food & Beverages,

Just what we needed.

Our overall experience with Schoox has been great. Very friendly and responsive customer service. Always open to ideas to help us meet our training needs. They have a willingness to be flexible and adapt and change what they're doing to better suite the clients need. That's important.

Pros

It is easy to use, and diverse. We can choose multiple media types to execute our training materials. Everything from videos, .PDFs, powerpoint, SCORM files for interactive content and more.

Cons

I would like an easier way to update some of our SCORM/interactive media. Other than that though everything is great.

TP

Theresa P.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Schoox is the best

Pros

Easy to ues, easy implementation, fantastic customer support!!

Cons

I can not think of anything. seriously. we love Schoox

Thanks so much, Theresa! We love to hear that you're loving the product and the support you get from our team. It makes us so very, very happy!

MH

Mikayla H.

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and navigate to find what your looking for.

Cons

Sometimes it gets a little confusing trying to find the correct courses.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, Mikayla! We sincerely appreciate it and your feedback.

JF

Joshua F.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

We get to say "Yes, we can do that!"

Long story short, we are a large quick-service restaurant chain and were unhappy with our LMS provider and looking for a change. Our old system was archaic, difficult to use, and the reporting wasn't serving our needs. During the search for a new vendor, schooX was the only one that said in their presentation that an LMS should be "elegant" and that really caught our attention because at the time we...

Pros

In no particular order: - Depth of reporting, you can slice and dice information in many different ways directly in the system - Dynamic 3D reporting structure, we're a large company with a complicated franchise structure and schooX was the only one able to actually replicate our org structure - Easy to administer from an enterprise perspective. We have about 31,000 users and can support the...

Cons

Originally when we adopted the system they didn't have all of the enterprise features that we needed such as marking courses complete, merging users, and daily user imports. They have fixed these and continue to implement new features which is good.

LC

Leisa C.

Government Relations, 501-1,000 employees

Enhances Communication Through Interactive Technology

Schoox provides a wonderful tool that can be utilized in a variety of ways beginning with improving communication, enhancing employee development, and ensuring compliance with its tracking mechanisms and reporting capabilities. It is a product that adds value from the moment it is utilized, and more importantly, creates new value through the efficiency of technology and the capability of bringing teams together with a common development and communication platform.

Pros

Because Schoox utilizes online interaction to keep people connected, there is a benefit to employees as well as leadership. The ability to add content, creating courses applicable to my organization, is an efficient process as well as cost effective. With multiple locations in the US and employees located throughout the world, Schoox allows our employees to communicate and attend online training no matter where they are located. This keeps our teams connected in a way that would otherwise not be possible.

Cons

Keeping track of 'My Schoox' in comparison to my company's academy can sometimes be confusing. I'm confident that as I utilize the online training provided regarding 'how to' use Schoox, this will become easier to navigate.

NS

Nick S.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Schoox is a terrific quick-start LMS

Our experience with Schoox has been flawless. Schoox provides all the functionality expected in a Learning Management System. It's easy to get started with, and provides the administrative and operational functionality we need. Clients have also commented favorably on its intuitive structure, ease of use and accessibility.

Pros

Supports a large variety of course and media types. The mobile apps are really terrific and easy to use. Extremely easy to add and manage users and track their activity. Very easy to add or build courses, exams, etc. Customization of individual academies is also very straightforward. Schoox makes our courseware look good.

Cons

Very little in the way of flaws or complaints. Frankly, the only concern is that Schoox is still a relatively new product, so there is a steady flow of feature introductions. This does not interfere with use - some of the features you might find in more mature products are still under development.

JC

John C.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

schoox is an awesome LMS

I have used schoox in the past when it was still in it's infancy about 6 years ago. The great thing about schoox is that it literally scales with your organization, more importantly as you continue to grow any changes that you feel the LMS should incorporate their staff is willing to incorporate. For example, when I was working with them I suggested that they create deeper down tracking, so instead of just tracking regions and or a group of stores, break it down to individual stores and or even employees. Schoox has many of the functions that more expensive LMS utilize i.e. saba and cornerstone but at a fraction of the price. Furthermore, because they specialize in the restaurant industry their software easily communicated with hot schedules to allow easy integration of your employees.

Pros

Easy to use an integrate, easy support staff to work with, easy platform to use without an LMS admin.

Cons

Many of their services like the KPI *Key Performance Indicator* platform is in beta phase and although they offer such things don't generally offer the usage they promise. They need to test things like this before they offer it to its vendors.

SD

Sebastian D.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Great way to keep the staff's knowledge updated!

This is an excellent tool to keep your staff and clients´ knowledge updated, with video tutorials or a whole course with exams and certifications. In our company, we have develop a series of courses to new recruitment and courses for specific procedures to keep all on the same page. We can keep track ok who attend each course and what grade they earn after having the knowledge.

Pros

Automatize the training for standard knowledge like company introduction or specific procedures you need to teach all the time.

Cons

Is difficult to name cons, but i would said that a couple more reports are needed. Anyway you have a complete API to develop the reports yourself, so no big deal.

SS

Shannon S.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

We love Schoox and the support is amazing!

Pros

Schoox has helped us with consistency in training. I like being able to get training material out to our entire company or certain departments. We can assign courses to individuals or to groups. We are able to track training and compliance courses to assure that our team is completing their courses.

Cons

My least favorite part of Schoox is the hierarchy set up. It is confusing to me and it carries over to the auto-assign rule for courses.

Thank you Shannon!

jc

john c.

Awesome LMS, optimized for the restaurant industry

Pros

Schoox is one of the first systems that utilizes a drag and pull. This makes it easy to move content from your desktop to create courses. They also have a system that measures the KPI to demonstrate how effective your training actually is. Like other systems you can build a quiz internally, they do have a social media element, and a reward system so it's great for millennials and gen z's. I would highly recommend

Cons

Many of their elements are still kinda gimmicky like the KPI metric but regardless it's still cool. You need to look at your needs before you decide if this will work for you.

TC

Todd C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I use this weekly for networking and my business

It organizes my learning and gives me a performance metric. This is crucial to continued motivation.

Pros

The functionality of the dashboard continuously improves. The learning tracking organizers completed courses quite well. Downloadable documents are also nice.

Cons

The search feature doesn't seem to be as effective as it should be. That may be a result of the organization I am with, but if this could be improved, I would like the product even more.

BC

Betsy C.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Top of the Line LMS Solution

Schoox has exceeded my expectations on all levels. I am able to deliver training to a few or many with ease.

Pros

Form, function and ease of use.

AO

Angela O.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

RSH and SchooX

SchooX's platform is very user friendly and the customer service is excellent. Setting up and/or editing courses can be completed with ease!

Pros

I love the student dashboard, I can get a snapshot view of student progress to see who may need some extra help.

Cons

The quiz program is a nice way to test basic conceptual understanding, would like to see a way to securely proctor exams that has a way to issue more complex questions than multiple choice, true/false, etc.

NK

Nik K.

SchooX is powerful, but can be difficult to use.

We have the ability to train our team our way on their time.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create tests and the ability to give out awards to top learners. SchooX also connects to HotSchedules nicely, so it's easy for staff to find.

MR

Michael R.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Innovative Approach To Training Your Team

Pros

I love this software. I think it's creative and easy to use. Training your team (and keeping them current with trainings) is a lot to handle - too much for many businesses. If you've ever come to the close of a year, only to realize that some of your team members haven't completed their required trainings, you may want to check out Schoox for your business training needs. Plus, it has great mobile features. Schoox helps you keep track of employee training and keeps your team rowing in the same direction.

Cons

Not much in the way of Cons. I really like this software. If your employees aren't tech savvy, or don't have access to a computer, implementation may be more challenging; but this software is most likely to be used in professional settings anyway - so that's not going to be an issue.

JL

Jack L.

Food & Beverages,

We use Schoox for training videos and a library of training documents.

Pros

It has a lot of features, and really granular control over what is displayed, who can see it, etc. It keeps track of who has done what and how much time they spent doing it - so you can see if someone actually did what they were supposed to do. You can put up "courses" that have videos or other formats, and then quizzes afterwards. It's really a solid way to train staff.

Cons

The cost! It was already a bit expensive, but we really liked the features and couldn't find anything else as good, so we went for it. However they just hiked the prices a huge amount. So now we're going to drop it. Also, while there are a lot of features, the site's navigation is not very intuitive and you will end up hunting for things for a while when you need to do a certain action.

PW

Paul W.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Too expensive for what you get

The company I worked for was looking to train and track training for remote workers

Pros

It was easy to deploy and integrate into SharePoint

Cons

For the cost, the software was hard to use and required authoring software

SM

Sarah M.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Experience with Schoox

I would not recommend the Schoox product at all.

Pros

There were lots of extra features and the tool was trying to be innovative.

Cons

There was zero support when you needed help. Integration with Hotschedules was very glitchy and inaccurate. We constantly had functionality issues and there were frequent system outages.

Hi Sarah, we're so sorry to hear that your support and integration experience with one of our partners has been less than ideal. We would love to offer our support team's assistance in helping to solve your issue. Can you email support@schoox.com? We'll be on the lookout for it and ready to lend a hand! Our Chief Customer Officer (costas@schoox.com) will also be at your disposal and would be glad to discuss any issues you may have in more detail through a Zoom call.