Kashoo Logo

Online accounting software for small businesses

Kashoo Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

intacct
netsuite

It has a very clean look and the fact that I can look at my statement very quickly is amazing.
I also love the customer service by phone is key and email is great to. Finally I love giving password to my accountant and I'm done.
Kashoo is one of the small companies that is competing with the big guys. Their support is fantastic, their product is easy to use and constantly updated for features and usability.
The inability to assign entries to specific projects from the mobile app seems a bit baffling and frustrating.
Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque.
Email function needs fixing (can’t send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail.

Javier P.

Media Engineer, Video Ops

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses.

Transcript

Javier: Hi, I'm Javier and I'm a small business owner. I gave the Kashoo five stars after trying it out....

David and Kylie K.

Illusionist

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A great alternative to Quickbooks!

Transcript

David K.: Hi, I'm David. I'm an illusionist with a traveling illusion team. And I give Kashoo a four...

BR

Ben R.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Multiyear user

Great!

Pros

I've been using this software for 5 books for about 5 years now. I'm not an accountant, and it's so well laid out that I really prefer this to any of the other systems I've tried. It's all put together for a entrepreneur to use easily. Over the years I've needed support and help a few times, and each time I've had the issue resolved by a real person very quickly and easily.

Cons

Some of the book keepers need to get up to speed initially, but it doesn't take long.

DN

Dan N.

Law Practice, self-employed

If you don't want to pay for Quickbooks, look at Kashoo

I needed to run financial statements and reports my previous software could not generate. I am happy with Kashoo and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to QB.

Pros

I was able to score a deal on this software, but I had been looking for a new accounting software for sometimes. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I really like the bank syncing (which nearly all software provides) and the ability to add users (add your bookkeeping, accountant, etc) and limit their privileges.

Cons

Not really their fault, but the big player in this game is Quickbooks, and nearly all professionals know how to use QBs. It was a bit harder to find someone familiar with Kashoo, but after that hurdle was over, the software works pretty well.

CB

Craig B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Kashoo Does Not Measure Up

Lacking an estimates function is critical to all small service businesses - this is the biggest down fall of this package. Then, you add the cost of $27 a month or $30 month-to-month and Kashoo is now way above its competitors in pricing and features - I cannot justify this as a viable package for accounting. QuickBooks Online, WAVE, and Patriot offer better packages for less money -- look elsewhere.

Pros

Like other online accounting software packages, Kashoo offers receipt and transaction matching as well as automatic reconciliation. Their invoicing and general ledger is well done and works well. Same as the other packages, Kashoo is available as an online accounting package only - which is great - allows for anytime, anywhere working.

Cons

Two major items missing are accounts payable (I know Kashoo will say very small businesses use a debit card, credit card or writes a manual check), however having an AP system to collect your vendor bills is kind of a no-brainer. The other item is a lack of being able to do estimates - this is critical as small service businesses propose jobs all the time and if your accounting package did estimates, all you would need to do is finalize a few adds and subtractions from you customer, click "turn into an invoice" and email to your customer - takes no time at all and everything is in one place - quick and easy. And there is no budget feature (which is probably minor to many small businesses).

Hey Craig! Thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review for TrulySmall Accounting! We wanted to let you know that we've since added AP to our software, and we're sorry your experience was less than optimal. We are still working on our product roadmap so hopefully, we can tackle some of your other issues in the future. Really appreciate your feedback!

Aryana R.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

I love Kashoo's Customer Support

Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy. That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

AM

Adam M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Good. Would be great IF...

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service is good Everytime I need them.

Cons

No Android app. Ridiculous. Needs dual layer security for login.

LJ

Luther J.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Kashoo was the easiest web app to go to from my traditional personal computer accounting system

Very good, once I learned it all.

Pros

It's reliable, and stable, and it works with my older web browser ! It doesn't use too much flashy stuff, and it just keeps working. Many other web apps keep changing and need constant browser upgrades and a lot of maintenance. After that, I would say the overall simplicity, you can see everything from the top page, the user interface is not too deep or busy. The "back" buttons are very helpful, browser back buttons often get confused, or lose context. I'm an old-fashioned double-entry, journal and T-accounts type, but I have found that it is all really there, just sometimes called something else, or underneath something else. But once I found everything, I became productive in the system.

Cons

Not a con, but a feature suggestion - I'd like to have an inventory system, a parts database - is this available as an option, or is it there somewhere and I haven't found it ? I don't need anything too fancy, just part numbers and costs, I used to use a system that allowed me to keep a running average cost on items, because every time I made a purchase of an inventory item, it added to the total...

RD

Rick D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfection (Almost)

We absolutely couldn't run our business as efficiently as we do without Kashoo. It allows us to be agile and respond to our customers' needs in an instant if necessary. We've had many of our larger customers ask us if we could help some of their other vendors to get better organized. With the help of Kashoo, we've set the bar for others to reach.

Pros

We've been using Kashoo for many years. The ease of use is amazing. We know exactly what is happening in our business at any given moment. Although we typically don't use the mobile apps, they are useful if your business model is more suited to mobile. The web app is solid. Uptime is impressive. Support is quick and thorough. Most users wouldn't notice but when you get a bit outside the box you're going to need some assistance from the support team. Some tasks are quite involved when you get past the ordinary. No worries though, the support team is there to guide you through. What we like most is the flexibility of the software and the multi-user capability.

Cons

Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque. We would really like to have some inventory control tied into invoices. The new statement feature is nice but we would like to have control over the fields displayed in the report. In particular, we would like to be able to have our customers' PO numbers listed so that they can more easily cross reference our invoices.

ZS

Zev S.

Program Development, self-employed

Great accounting software that does everything I need

I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pros

Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Cons

I would like to see updates more frequently.

Brady P.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

So much nicer to use than many others

My biggest issue with online accounting software has been that I run three separate businesses and I have had to have 3 separate accounts using the competition and I can now check my accounting from one login. Also, I had to pay extra to allow my accountant and bookkeeper have access to my numbers but that is included in my Kashoo account and after almost 8 years with a competitor, I'm done with them. Kashoo is the future of online accounting.

Pros

- Everything was so simple to set up - had all my banks, which is rare as I'm Canadian and often accounting software has either only US banks or a tough process to get my banks to integrate - Customer service experience has been amazing!

Cons

It's not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the others. That's it so far.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

A complete financial solution with custom support

Kashoo has made accounting simpler for us, specially with custom financial management support by Kashoo tema makes this application perfect for small companies.

Pros

Management of project expenses, payroll expenses & cashflow management are so simple to use with Kashoo.

Cons

Using invoicing system and tax implementation for countries outside US is not that friendly.

CK

Carrie K.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

My Kashoo Experience

I Love Kashoo but I wish there was more help online, I'm trying to figure out how to deduct money from an employee for a garnish of wages and I thought I did it correctly but it was wrong, because I'm a really small business and have less than 5 employees I can not get any help. I also wish that the invoice section of Kashoo was easier to use. But It's way more user-friendly than other programs! So yes I like it !!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to keep track of things, like the reminders it gives in the side column

Cons

Invoicing is not that great, or it could be that I'm not knowledgeable in creating invoices in Kashoo. Wish there was more help for the free accounts, but hey can't get much for free these days.

Hi Carrie, thanks for the review! Kashoo offers many support options and our team is ready to help you any time you need it - by phone 1-888-520-5274, by live chat that's available from within the app, by email at answers@kashoo.com, and through our self-serve support site at support.kashoo.com. We also regularly host live webinars. You can visit kashoo.com/webinars to see what's coming up. I hope that helps!

DE

Diaa E.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Best Accounting Solution for SME's

Being the owner of a small company with no accounting background at all made my decision to handle accounts a crazy one, but thanks for Kashoo who helped me overcome this challenge successfully! A well developed piece of software with a huge bunch of educational videos and guiding articles, equipped with excellent customer support is exactly what you look for when you are starting your first steps in accounting. Kashoo made my life easier and gave me full control over my cash flow!

Pros

- Ease of use - Accessibility across different platforms - Realtime save and backup - Well designed interface - Fully customizable invoices and reports - Full-featured iOS app for iPad.

Cons

- Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component - Useless android app!

GD

George D.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Software which solved all operational tasks

Was using Kashoo every day and thanks to it I knew every cent is counted and on its place! Another thing I liked very much - nice reports!

Pros

Have been using this software for 2 years. In an environment of limited staff this software really helped to control cash flow, expenses, invoices, salaries etc, by only one employee (not dedicated).

Cons

From the very beginning it was very easy and logical to deploy. Learning took no efforts. It was smooth and very flexible.

KT

Keisha T.

Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!

My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so...

SO

Stuart O.

Design, 1-10 employees

Very easy to use.

Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Pros

Portability, ease of use.

Cons

Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

Stuart, Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

JJ

John J.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Flexible software

One of the really good things is that you can use the software in a simple way but it can also grow to include more features. Means that you can get to grips with bookeeping and add function as you and your business grow

Pros

It's flexibility

CB

Chris B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Better than Quckbooks Online

Pros

Ease of use and has a some great features that I could not get with quickbooks online.

Cons

The fact that it does not work on android.

AB

Alice B.

Law Practice, self-employed

Happy to Support Canadian

Generally fine. I don't like that they doubled my fee last year and I am still considering moving elsewhere but haven't had time to test the other options.

Pros

I like that it's in the cloud and accessible anywhere. The customer service is also very responsive

Cons

It has some quirks that are not intuitive, and a few random software glitches. I have no fear for the security of my data but as a non-accountant/bookkeeper I struggle with a few things.

RS

Roongnapha S.

Very good app with affordable price

I do appreciate your application, it's easy to use and track. anyhow, there are more functionalities that I really need. - need to have a weekly income vs plan graph feature , we can put our monthly plan or yearly plan of income then app can breakdown into weekly target. then graph help compare the income and the trend of the plan in each week. So, people don't need other financial app to fill their...

HC

Harmik C.

Accounting, self-employed

Great Software for small businesses

Pros

I like how easy it is to use on a day to day basis. It is very user friendly and easy for anyone to pick up. The customer service has also been outstanding!

Cons

It currently doesn't have the ability to link creditcards which would be awesome as some of my clients grow. I think it's a feature that's coming however

AP

Amy P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

SO FAR SO GOOD WITH KASHOO !

I am hoping we will have an easier time keeping all my accounts in order with Kashoo. Having the ability to keep separate companies on one platform that is affordable makes me much happier.

Pros

I think it is a fairly straight forward program. Simple to use once you get the trial balance into the program. We like the auto download function for the bank statements and credit card. Because the cost of the program is so affordable I am able to use Kashoo for both my real estate businesse and my property management company. I wasn't able to afford it with Quickbooks! My accountant and bookkeeper are much happier with Kashoo than with Quickbooks.

Cons

My bookkeeper has commented that Kashoo will allow a reconcilation even though the numbers do not balance with the statement. The reconcilation needs to match the final statement. So far she and customer service have not been able to resolve this issue.

AF

Angie F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Ease and Affordability

Kashoo is easy to use, and affordable. It makes my bookkeeping simple, and easy. I have used it for many years now, with great success.

Pros

Ease and affordablitiy

Cons

I need to learn more about the software, but it is my own time I need to manage.

DP

DAVID P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Making it Happen with Kashoo

The cloud based operational system enables access by key partners as well as the ability to enter current information, regardless of time or place. Under Kashoo Features the "Create and track project costs" has allowed us to monitor multiple discrete activities in a singular fashion.

Pros

Kashoo's user friendly, intuitive layout and extensive support base enables a novice to get up and functioning in a relatively short time frame.

Cons

The addition of a budget segment would enable a nice comparative feature. Currently I am unaware of such an feature in Kashoo.

EW

Erin W.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good online accounting software with excellent customer service team.

Pros

I used this software for a year for my small business. It's a simple form field way to do your accounting as opposed to using spreadsheets. It also has a nice mobile application to accompany the desktop application so you can easily upload photos. I like being able to attach digital photos of receipts to entries the most.

Cons

In the end, I felt like I could save the money and just use spreadsheets again to do my accounting. Because filling in the form fields was basically the same as filling in cells of a spreadsheet I didn't feel like it was worth it just for the photo upload functionality. I'm sure it has other features that I just never looked into using but my small business is so basic I never got around to seeing the other offerings.

PC

Phillip C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Keep Track Of Your Business

Does what it advertise.

Pros

Very user-friendly and apt for small business use. We use it for one of our new online business. Sync with our local bank and we love the users invite feature where shareholders and our accountant can 'collaborate' easily, even when using ios app.

Cons

If only Kashoo has the tracked invoicing and reminders feature, that will be great.