Kashoo

Online accounting software for small businesses

Kashoo Reviews

Pros

I also love the customer service by phone is key and email is great to. Finally I love giving password to my accountant and I'm done.

RF

Robert F.

It has a very clean look and the fact that I can look at my statement very quickly is amazing.

Miguel M.

Kashoo is one of the small companies that is competing with the big guys. Their support is fantastic, their product is easy to use and constantly updated for features and usability.

DR

Daniel R.

Cons

The inability to assign entries to specific projects from the mobile app seems a bit baffling and frustrating.

JN

Jeff N.

Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque.

RD

Rick D.

Email function needs fixing (can’t send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail.

JH

John H.

David and Kylie K.

Illusionist

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A great alternative to Quickbooks!

Transcript

David K.: Hi, I'm David. I'm an illusionist with a traveling illusion team. And I give Kashoo a four...

Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses.

Transcript

Javier: Hi, I'm Javier and I'm a small business owner. I gave the Kashoo five stars after trying it out....

Kashoo for a small company

Top draw other than above.

Pros

It’s very user friendly, fairly priced and always available

Cons

Email function needs fixing (can’t send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail Also, it would be nice it store scans or have a folder on customers. Otherwise, very good.

Great Software for small businesses

Pros

I like how easy it is to use on a day to day basis. It is very user friendly and easy for anyone to pick up. The customer service has also been outstanding!

Cons

It currently doesn't have the ability to link creditcards which would be awesome as some of my clients grow. I think it's a feature that's coming however

Excellent Customer Service is their Winning Point!

Pros

I love this app because it is - simple to use - no technical skill needed - IOS app to record the expenses at any time

Cons

This is not a must but if it can be done then it is perfect. Need to integrate with Payoneer.com

Co-Owner

I love the reports.

Pros

If I would be a good bookkeeper, and do it monthly it would be a snap. It is well organized. Some things I do find difficult, and find that the support can be a rather long wait to receive. Example. Have been doing GST return quarterly manually, and can't figure out how to input it. Have had no resolution from helpdesk yet. But will work on it when I return from World Championships end of the month

Cons

The support online is good, but the hours of service not great. Would prefer noon till 9 weekdays and hours on Saturday/Sunday as well. Which is when I often work on books.

SO FAR SO GOOD WITH KASHOO !

I am hoping we will have an easier time keeping all my accounts in order with Kashoo. Having the ability to keep separate companies on one platform that is affordable makes me much happier.

Pros

I think it is a fairly straight forward program. Simple to use once you get the trial balance into the program. We like the auto download function for the bank statements and credit card. Because the cost of the program is so affordable I am able to use Kashoo for both my real estate businesse and my property management company. I wasn't able to afford it with Quickbooks! My accountant and bookkeeper are much happier with Kashoo than with Quickbooks.

Cons

My bookkeeper has commented that Kashoo will allow a reconcilation even though the numbers do not balance with the statement. The reconcilation needs to match the final statement. So far she and customer service have not been able to resolve this issue.

Love the Support

I love Kashoo, because the support is great and they understand Canadian needs such as gst, and payroll deductions.

Pros

The support material, i.e. online videos and instructions and how quickly the helpdesk responds

Cons

I wish you could upload bills, like a master card bill directly.

Perfect for Small Business Accounting Software

Pros

Great for small business owners with multiple companies. Easy to use and to train others.

Cons

Would love to be able to have app for employees that could attach receipts to credit card charges.

Making it Happen with Kashoo

The cloud based operational system enables access by key partners as well as the ability to enter current information, regardless of time or place. Under Kashoo Features the "Create and track project costs" has allowed us to monitor multiple discrete activities in a singular fashion.

Pros

Kashoo's user friendly, intuitive layout and extensive support base enables a novice to get up and functioning in a relatively short time frame.

Cons

The addition of a budget segment would enable a nice comparative feature. Currently I am unaware of such an feature in Kashoo.

Perfect Answer to the Expensive Options

Pros

Kashoo is simple and intuitive. They also have an amazing help department and put out teaching webinars quite often. It has everything I need as the big powerhouse SaaS, but no where near their ridiculous pricing.

Cons

I had no problems at all with anything. I didn't know how to perform a function and their help desk sent me screen shots and support. Great team!

Ease and Affordability

Kashoo is easy to use, and affordable. It makes my bookkeeping simple, and easy. I have used it for many years now, with great success.

Pros

Ease and affordablitiy

Cons

I need to learn more about the software, but it is my own time I need to manage.

It works but looking at it is a pain.

Overall, it works and does what it says it's supposed to do, but as shallow as it sounds, the UI is just so hard to get past. Also, invoices do not look nice. The whole app looks like it's stuck in 2006.

Pros

It is accounting software that does exactly what the intent is, with some other added features like invoicing.

Cons

The UI is, in my opinion, one of the ugliest UIs I've ever seen. It makes me not even want to use it.

Accounting that meets your level of use

Serves my needs and level of proficiency well.

Pros

They offer ongoing training to enhance your experience with use. Fairly easy navigation and easy to use even for those not well experienced in bookkeeping. Easy to go back and make corrections. Offers different levels of use from basic bookkeeping to issuing invoices and charting of information. Easy access to real time online tech support.

Cons

Had some issues of connectivity that required tech support

Good online accounting software with excellent customer service team.

Pros

I used this software for a year for my small business. It's a simple form field way to do your accounting as opposed to using spreadsheets. It also has a nice mobile application to accompany the desktop application so you can easily upload photos. I like being able to attach digital photos of receipts to entries the most.

Cons

In the end, I felt like I could save the money and just use spreadsheets again to do my accounting. Because filling in the form fields was basically the same as filling in cells of a spreadsheet I didn't feel like it was worth it just for the photo upload functionality. I'm sure it has other features that I just never looked into using but my small business is so basic I never got around to seeing the other offerings.

Great cloud accounting software

Great cloud accounting software. Easy to use, nice, simple, clean interface. Connects well with payroll software.

Solves My Accounting Problems

Pros

Tracked expenses and accounting related issues are a hassle and we used Kashoo iOS app, to efficiently upload our expenses/ receipts. This account is shared with our accountant, who will then file and manage accordingly. Syncing with our local bank also works well.

Cons

If only Kashoo will support read receipts for opened invoices, that will be great

Keep Track Of Your Business

Does what it advertise.

Pros

Very user-friendly and apt for small business use. We use it for one of our new online business. Sync with our local bank and we love the users invite feature where shareholders and our accountant can 'collaborate' easily, even when using ios app.

Cons

If only Kashoo has the tracked invoicing and reminders feature, that will be great.

KASHOO HAS TOUGH COMPETITION IN QUICKBOOKS ONLINE

It is an excellent accounting system, but could use many of the attributes of QBO, like being able to attach documents to transactions.

Pros

It was designed by accountants for accountants.

Cons

There are many workarounds to learn. For example when you are doing multiple month bank reconciliations you must get out of reconciliation and back in to have all factors correct. Also, the system could have a more modern look and feel.

Probably the best Cloud Accounting software there is

Pros

Super intuitive to use. Everything is laid out efficiently. Everything also works as expected. Mistakes are easy to spot and correct.

Cons

Lack of support with accountants who actually use them. They need to get accountants to use them somehow, and create a network like Xero did, as I found that a super effective way to convince users to adopt it.

Save time with Kashoo

Kashoo in a web based accounting software solution that provides users with an easy way to manage business expenses and income. With Kashoo users can enter income and invoicing details in an easy way without having professional accounting knowledge. For users who need to handle different currencies it is good to know that the software downloads exchange rates on a daily basis.

Pros

With Kashoo, business owners can handle accounting tasks on their own. This is particularly useful for small businesses where the budget doesn´t allow an expensive professional. You can also give access to multiple users to view and edit information.

Cons

Would be nice to have the possibility for more configuration of the invoices.

Kashoo Accounting Provides Adequate Solution

Overall Kashoo does a pretty fair job. It served its purpose for about a year but was ultimately replace with a more feature-rich package.

Pros

I liked the fact that Kashoo is an online solution and could be accessed from anywhere. The interface was fairly intuitive and easy to follow in most places.

Cons

Kashoo is a fairly good solution for online invoicing and billing but for the price lacks some of the features that you would expect.

A great alternative to Quickbooks!

Pros

Kashoo is great because it is a lot more "friendly" than Quickbooks. The colors and layout just feel more approachable.

Cons

There are some elements that aren't perfect. I do wish that the program were a little more adaptable to my needs. I also wish that there were more options available in the iPad​ version.

Limitations

Pros

Printed invoices are clear, but do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Cons

Printed invoices do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Excellent accounting package for non-accountants

Great. As a first time user I was looking for a sharp, snappy system like this. I’m very happy with Kashoo.

Pros

Easy layout. The app and desktop program syncs well. Customer service. Bank reconciliation. Quick to sync. Reports look clean and well presented. Multi user function. My accountant can log in and view, fix up things. Quick and easy. Cheapest on the market.

Cons

No automatic email for remittance for bills once paid. Invoice template choice is fairly limited. You may need an accountant to help you get through the first month to match up and balance the month. Wish it gave a full profit and loss year to report it shows on the dashboard.

Very Easy to use, easy to keep track all charges

the easiest I've ever used

Pros

Easy to reconcile and it connects to the bank and downloads it, not much to do.

Cons

I like everything maybe a copy of the deposits should me included this way i don't have to go back and forth to find out where did the deposit came from .

KASHOO FAST EASY

EASY TO USE. FAST CHAT RESPONSE. NOT AN ACCOUNT PERSON AND IM ABLE TO DO IT ALL THE WAY EASILY AND NICE HELPING VIDEO EASY TO UNDERSTAND