Mango Practice Management Logo

Practice Management solution built for accountants

Mango Practice Management Reviews

Suggested alternatives

firm360
bigtime
bitrix24

I have always felt like they are a small business where every single person you talk with actually cares that you're happy with their product and able to use it to it's full potential.
All credibility was lost when we spent hours on calls that ended in frustration with never getting to actually demonstrate a signature capture.

PL

Paul L.

Accounting Firm Review

Your team is great to work with and assists quickly in fixing any problems and also in helping us role out new signature pages each year.

Pros

Our firm enjoys the integration with Outlook in that we can send docs, receive docs and capture signatures all within Outlook.

Cons

We dont use the data management as much due to already having one, we did try to explore this and decided against using as we enjoy the search ability of Doc.it in that realm.

Thanks for your feedback, Paul! We appreciate your support and business. Please feel free to reach out to support if you have questions about specific features or feedback on what you'd like to see added/updated, specifically around our DMS. Mango is built for accountants, by accountants. That means your insight and feedback are critical for continued innovation!

EP

Elizabeth P.

Great product!

great product and support and easy for our team to learn and navigate it. It is actually saving us money and increased our productivity.

Pros

This software has made our business so much easier to manage and that has led to growth in our customer base. The customer service is always there for us whenever we have a question and they really care about the success of our company.

Cons

Haven't had any negative experience with the product or the Mango folks.

Elizabeth, Thank you for your review! We've made it our mission to make accountants' lives easier. And we're elated to hear that we have been able to play a small role in your success. If you have any questions or would like help with specific features, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team. We are here to serve you!

NW

Nani W.

Never Ever Use This Product

LAME. ACH payments never worked fully. Invoicing never worked fully. Customer service never resolved our issues. AND BEST OF ALL. No money back guarantee. You get what you get, and that's all. So, if you want to blow a couple thousand dollars on a product that won't work, go for it! This is the choice for you.

Pros

The thing that bums me out, is I did love this product. IF IT WORKED! But it never ever fully worked. Whether the invoices weren't actually being sent to our clients. To the QuickBooks sync agent never working 100%. To the ACH payments constantly being down and having to hear about from our clients. We left mango after 5 months and literally to this day they haven't resolved our issues or reached out once, and they literally don't even know we aren't using it.

Cons

Good luck getting someone in real time to help you. You can email, attempt calls, leave messages... they're going to say their working on it but then never tell you what the problem is and why it's taking so long. They're in a different time zone, and they use that fact to their advantage.

DR

Dan R.

Accounting, self-employed

Mango Practice Management Allows Me to Focus on Clients and Engagements

Pros

Ease of use and data entry (T & E); customer support; options to invoice; options for me to bill at different rates

Cons

Nothing from my practice perspective! It has everything I need for my forensic accounting practice.

Thank you for the kind words, Dan!

SW

Sue W.

Imagine Time improvements

Overall the experience is good. I like having 3 different programs I need all rolled in to one. Prior, I had time keeping, portal and due date tracking software. Now all 3 of those are in one software.

Pros

Being able to email docs to a client that is encrypted.

Cons

I believe the software is new and a there are a few kinks to work out yet. Support is very eager to get it right though. We have to pay for a seat for every person who has time, vs old Imagine Time where the receptionist would enter all time for all employees. I don't like to have to log in to imagineshare to get to portal. It seems like this should be in the single log in for mango billing.

Thank you, Sue!

PS

Patty S.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

One month in, and still not able to get Clients moved over, nor Items from QB

I don't have much experience, because Mango Support has been busy it seems. After my one Appt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (who is actually very nice) I was never able to book another one; I chatted trying to get one, but the Chat person said [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was busy and Booked up. Hmm. So here I sit, wondering why in the World [SENSITIVE CONTENT] recommends Mango? He probably had a way better experience with it? It is a shame, as the Program has a good feel to it, but Support so far has been abysmal.

Pros

The Program looks lovely, great feel to it, although I've yet to be able to use it.

Cons

No Support. I called to ask when Support was going to help me move things over, early on, after signing up and paying for the 1st Month; the response was [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was coming back after a long Vacation, or something like that, which surprised me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had an appt with me to move things from QB, but there was an issue, and nothing moved over. I had to cancel the 2nd appt due...

JK

James K.

Mango Review

Pros

I appreciate the online payment function and that receivables are updated automatically.

Cons

If a client pays for 2 different client invoices online, it is early impossible to split the payments between both clients. Thus, I have an overpayment sitting on one client and a balance due showing on the other. Mango has yet to find a solution for me.

Thank you for your review, James! We are continually making improvements and adding features based on customer feedback. Our platform is built by accountants, for accountants, so we take your feedback seriously. If you're struggling with splitting payments, please reach out to our support team for assistance. They are extremely responsive and eager to help use Mango to build a more efficient and profitable practice.

LS

Lisa S.

ImagineTime review

I did not select this software, I inherited it. Therefore, I have limited experience - just instructions that were written down. I do not know if there is any training material/online for basic use??

Pros

Customer Service-they are very patient with my limited knowledge of ImaginTime Entering time/expense

Cons

Using credit memo Reports Most all of it since I've had limited training and there is no backup person in my office.

Thank you, Lisa!

TB

THOMAS B.

Getting better

Beyond the speed of the servers, it is useful and the clients use it more than other methods (one drive, google drive, dropbox, etc.). Customer service has been excellent. And functionality updates have been appreciated.

Pros

This is a good option for a smaller firm like ours (700 clients). It is intuitive and clients generally have no problem accessing across different browsers.

Cons

I find the product slow to load and navigate.

Thank you, Thomas! I will have my devs look into the speed issue you mentioned - a "fast" product is very important to us!

MF

Melissa F.

Satisfied

Pros

Mango is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are still some minor items that need to be tweaked for us to run smoothly like we were with Imagine Time. Such as report options/filters, invoice formatting and I miss being able to have multiple tabs open to look at different items at once.

CP

Cherie P.

Think twice about moving to Mango Billing

Implementation was fine, as we imported our own data using Mango's templates. There were minor fixes that tech support needed to correct and those were done mostly on time.

Pros

The reporting ability of Mango during the demo was the feature that compelled us to move to Mango. As well as, the ability to track staff loaded costs in certain reports. Unfortunately, all reports that were demo'd are not available in the working version.

Cons

Current support for Mango Billing is horrible. It took support 4 months to get back to us about an import error that we experienced at the beginning of tax season. We did not hear back until after April 15th. By then, our staff hand entered our tech charges, so we could bill.Certain support folks are not knowledgeable and provide the incorrect procedures.

Cherie, We apologize for your experience with our support team. We have made major changes to our team to offer the most helpful and knowledgeable support that the industry has to offer. We've made a large investment in our engineering and product teams to bring more features that help you run your practice efficiently and effectively. If you haven't recently, we would suggest you reach out to our customer success team to show you the features you're looking for and answer any additional questions you may have. We are here to serve you and appreciate your feedback.

AW

Athena W.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

It's an okay product, but I think it came out half-baked

I think it is great for billing - invoicing and receiving payments is a breeze. Time entry is also easy to use and very helpful in our billing process. However, I think I encounter at least 1 or 2 issues every week. There is always some issue that needs fixing or something that could be made more efficient on the user interface. We also tried the project management add-on and we found it lacking so we discontinued that when we renewed this year.Overall, I would be fine switching to another software. It's not the cheapest and we deal with too many hurdles to justify the price as a small business. I wish they would have done more user testing before coming out with the software.

Pros

It's very user friendly and pretty intuitive to use. The billing functionality is great and it has streamlined our process in many regards.

Cons

First of all, the implementation when we first got it was incredibly rocky and slow. I think it took us a month or two, which is crazy. The person who was helping us implement it was clearly overwhelmed and was not great at communicating. Overall, the site goes down occasionally or just loads and loads (I expect this every now and then since it's an online software, but it happens more than I'd like)....

CM

Cheryl M.

Mango for the Win!

This product has made the administrative part of "work" feel more "fun", the features of the product are outstanding, and the entire system continues to be improved upon constantly, and the developers do listen to suggestions from real users to enhance the features. Our experience has been extremely positive, and we absolutely made the right choice for our small (4-person) firm.

Pros

Conversion was a breeze, as the Mango team handled that for us. We have been extremely happy with the integrated payment system, which is truly greatly improved our collections. The file sharing/portal/digital signing features were also the main attractions when choosing this software, and after the learning curve, have met or exceeded our expectations. If you don't have a digital signature option...

Cons

Honestly, missing features are small, maybe tweaking a report filter here or making the deposits export to a file that we can import to our books (QuickBooks). Occasionally the system does seem to "glitch", and fail to perform a command, but it seems to be improving as the developers continue to improve the product. Sometimes when I mark projects as completed, somewhere in the back end, the system has not updated, so we'll get "past due" emails on completed projects - which I need to contact tech support about.

AG

AmandaBeret G.

Good Software, still needs vast improvement- 3*** at best

When I was pricing out software and testing software pre Covid Pandemic, it was difficult to get a "Portal" style software that had ease of use for our staff as well as for our clients. It was between Imagine time and another software at the time of purchase and I went with Imagine time, however I wish at this point I had gone with the other software. Clients had big big issues with Imagine time,...

Pros

I feel at this point the only pro of this is the ability that it was easy to set up, customer service was beyond, however the cons outway the pros 10 fold.

Cons

There are so many cons in this software. Ease of use, storage, Client management, signature functions not supporting the size of the file, task lists, (looks like this is now showing) being able to support many different file types, should be able to work on the files within the software ie Excel, Word, or PDF integration. My biggest complaint is the communication functions and the ease of use for the clients.

Hi AmandaBeret, I am very upset to see you are unhappy with our file sharing and esign features. I see we spoke in early January, and it seems your issues at that time had been resolved. Is there anything we can do to make this a five-star review? Please feel free to reach out to one of our team directly. I will also reach out to you personally via email.

MG

MICHAEL G.

Finally back with Imaginetime

I would encourage anyone to use and/or switch to this product. I used it many years ago and switched to a different company. That company sold out to a big corporate new owner and went to pieces, so I decided to try Imaginetime again and found that it had fully upgraded itself to doing all of the tasks I needed. And it was so nice to come back to the same friendly voices I got to know originally. Also, the pricing is very reasonable, support is easy to reach (and very knowledgeable), and the product itself works like it is supposed to! Again, there is a front end learning curve but that is common in this arena and well worth doing.

Pros

We appreciate how it flows and accomplishes so much with ease. There is definitely a learning curve, but that is common with any seriously good software. The tech support is marvelous and really helpful.

Cons

My errors! It would be nice if there were some pop-up boxes to warn you when, for example, I prepare a billing but forget to release any time!

KH

Kathleen H.

Product has gone downhill in past 6 months

I was a fan of this product until about 6 months ago. For some reason in the last 6 months something has changed. Reports all of a sudden have incorrect data and it takes them weeks to fix. Nonbillable time shows up on the billing reports and I'm told I just have to live with it. Clients upload documents and they show up in the wrong folders. The online help feature leads you to a bunch of recorded hourlong sessions they did they did a year or two ago - so you have to try to figure out which 15 seconds in that video gives you the answer you need. Reports can be downloaded to Excel, but not in a table format as you would expect so that feature is completely useless. Timers lose track of start time if the software inadvertently is closed. Almost all of these things are recent issues.

Pros

Project workflows and management is the only area that appears not to have any bugs and works well.

Cons

Customer support is terrible. They can only be reached via chat and they take hours to respond. They do not follow up on anything - you have to constantly ask them what the status is. Simple problems - like incorrect totals on a billing report - take weeks to fix.

CH

Caryn H.

Customer Service is the best I've ever seen

Imaginetime has the most incredible technical support support team I've ever experienced with any product. I have been a user since 2004, and they have never let me down, not once. They are extremely knowledgeable, quick to help, comprehensive, incredibly patient, and will help you with whatever questions you have, no matter how many times you ask. They are also very proactive when there are updates...

Pros

This software is written specifically for accounting firms. It does everything the big software companies do for a much lower price.

Cons

It can be a little complicated at times, but their online help menu covers absolutely everything with incredibly comprehensive instructions.

Caryn! Thank you so much for the kind words. So glad we are able to partner with frm owners like you!

DB

Debbie B.

Very disappointed

Support in the beginning was quick and helpful, but as time has passed the response is not timely and reporting issues are always answered with "that has been sent to the appropriate department"...with no one ever following with us - WE have to contact support to get status update. We sent reports we used from ImagineTime to the tech support in October 2022 and we STILL DO NOT HAVE a status of when these particular reports will be available. These reports are commonly used by CPAs and attorneys, so why are they not available in Mango? (even though we were promised they would be?). Has no one else complained about this?

Pros

Ability to access program Online - WHEN Mango IS WORKING!

Cons

We were told as of 12/31/2022 ImagineTime would no longer be supported, and therefore we HAD to switch to Mango. We were also told Mango would be just as easy to use and ALL the reports would be the same. NONE OF THE REPORTS WE USE ARE AVAILABLE (except the payment report and WIP). Customization/filtering reports is limited, and often incorrect. Tech support/response has become slower (we waited 2 days to be able to print an invoice because the system was down). We were told at the time of the switch that Quickbooks would be integrated, but to date we have heard nothing further as to that status. Product is more expensive than ImagineTime, with less flexibility and reporting options. It is NOT user friendly.

CB

Chris B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Always Problems and lack of customer support

Very frustrating

Pros

I was promised so much more by [sensitive content hidden] but not all the features have not even been developed. If the programs worked properly it would be a great program but with all the issues Mango is having it is a serious concern.

Cons

Customer Support - no follow through once so ever. I have been promised countless time of someone will let me know in a few days what the "development team" says. Never happens. So frustrating!

Chris, We are sorry you haven't had an optimal experience. We have made huge investments in our support and engineering teams to improve the software and service. Please reach out to us directly with challenges you are facing and we will partner with you to address them in a timely manner. Our mission is to make your life as an accountant easier. If there's is an opportunity to do so, we will not hesitate to take action! Thanks again for your support and feedback, Chris!

BR

Brenda R.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Happy we made the move to ImagineTime!!!

Overall, I feel this has been a great product for us. It is awesome to be able to get files quickly and securely from my clients without using email. As well as sending them files quickly and securely - this has reduced the number of times clients have called me to resend the same information.

Pros

ImagineTime is very user friendly and easy to get around in. I like that they are consistently making improvements to the software, especially adding the name of the client to the subject line when you get notifications of views/downloands and changing to the ability to create a custom template for signatures on the fly right from email (this is a gamechanger for me and makes it A LOT easier to use)!

Cons

I would like to be able to search for clients and get to their client settings (right now, we can only get to the client workspace from the search function) because this is very cumbersome to have to flip page by page to find the client. It would be helpful if we could run a report of any clients that are unassigned (no assigned staff), or a list by Assigned Staff so we can make updates as needed, etc.

Brenda, thank you for the kind words and great feedback about settings in search. I have had that request a few times and will make sure we get that done in the next couple of weeks!

SM

Sean M.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

The only way to convey a tax return to a client.

We convey all of our tax return copies digitally through the Imaginetime Platform and feel secure that the end-to-end encryption is what our firm needed.

Pros

I really appreciate how Imaginetime (1) stores files sent to client on the cloud platform and (2) encrypts the tax return for our clients to review. We started using the digital signature option this year during tax season with relative success.

Cons

Needs more integration with softwares such as Ultratax and Quickbooks.

Thanks, Sean! It is a pleasure to be working with you!

WA

Wade A.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

MangoShare Traininers View

Pros

MangoShare (Document Management part) offers a smooth way to share Portal access, file sharing, file requesting, and E-signature completion via Question/Answer secured links. Support team goes above and beyond to get you and your team going!

Cons

There is always room for improvement, but the cool thing about Mango Practice is their ability to take suggestions and make them happen! We've seen Feature Requests happen in the same week. I'm sure this is dependent on complexity, but the attention to customer needs is highly valued!

Thanks, Wade! We are always looking to make new features and improvements for our customers. Our software was built by accountants, for accountants. And the best way for us to continue to serve our customers is by listening to what you need and taking action. We appreciate your support!

RC

Robert C.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive software that is reliable and easy to use

Imagine time has become part of our day-to-day operations. We have been using ImagineTime for nearly 15 years. We really enjoy the features contained in the software. Technical support has always been spot on and has resolved any issues we have faced.

Pros

The ease of backing up the data and the ease of the day-to-day use.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility in the layout of invoices prepared out of ImagineTime for customers/clients. Flexibility would include fonts, sizing, layout, margins, etc.

BD

Breanna D.

Great for Accounting Office

ImagineTime has made it easy for me to move my business more online. I can securely send and receive documents through email and most importantly have clients sign online.

Pros

This software was extremely easy to use. It integrated right into our email so our clients didn't have to log in to a portal to use. This was very important to us as a tax filing service. We have several clients that are once a year so logins/passwords didn't need to be set up for them to use. We had no issues with clients not being able to use the features. The support for this product is excellent. I was able to share my screen and go through the setup and ask questions in real time. Any time I had questions after the initial set up, the support team got back to me right away and I was able to have my questions answered immediately.

Cons

The only downfall with this software for my particular business is the security questions are based on American income tax and I'm in Canada. I was able to get around this by creating my own security questions.

Thank you, Breanna!

TS

Thomas S.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Excellent program to transfer large files

Everything has worked fine.

Pros

Being able to securely transfer files. I use the program to send data files and large Quickbooks files. It works as expected.

Cons

A little more expenses than I'd prefer. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Thomas, Thank you for your review and your continued support! If there are ever features or changes you'd like to see, please reach out to our support team. We take pride in the fact that Mango is built by accountants, for accountants. This means we rely on faithful customers like yourself to guide us on ways to continually improve.