SumUp Logo

We believe in the everyday hero

SumUp Reviews

Suggested alternatives

stripe
helcim
preferred-patron-loyalty

This product is a great useful partner for my business, we deliver some of our marketing materials to our loyal customers with this. It's easy, quick, and professional.
I love that it's very easy to use at the register, and you can see how many points you have earned from previous purchases. Also, very easy to implement your rewards.
The most awesome feature I love about Debitoor is the option to import my business account so that I can go through it and use the incoming and outgoing payments as a todo list.
The only complaint that I currently have is the limited availability in my area.
Everything the worst company ever I have used disgusting customer service.
Often it works but sometime it's so long to do a payment with a client, loading, disconnection, error, no connection... and you don"t know why and when it will arriv.

1,398 reviews

MO

Michael O.

President

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Fivestars works sometimes

Transcript

Michael: Hi, this is Michael I'm president of a tour company, I give FiveStars four stars. For more reviews...

Stefania M.

Second Grade Teacher

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Not Suitable for My Yoga Business

Transcript

Stefania M.: Hi. My name is Stefania, I am a yoga studio owner and a yoga teacher, and my rating for...

Marcus K.

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros

Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons

It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

Alexander K.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Good system for writing invoices and basic income/expense tracking

As stated above, overall I'm happy with Debitoor - what it actually does it does fairly well. But I don't like the fact that they try to advertise themselves as this all-in-one invoicing and accounting solution when the feature set is still very limited. For example, you can't even create or upload your own invoice templates (something many similar services allow) - you have to set up your invoice template using Debitoor's limited options.

Pros

I like the fact that it's easy to create invoices and you can track whether the recipient has received them. You can also link your bank accounts and categorize and track income and expenses (i.e. whether an invoice has been paid, etc.) For these purposes, Debitoor works really well.

Cons

Despite Debitoor's claims, I wouldn't use the system for preparing and filing taxes or working with a tax advisor unless your underlying situation is very simple. As soon as things get even slightly more complex, you find that Debitoor simply doesn't support a number of different scenarios. My tax advisor has also said that the reports/export files that they receive are more or less unusable and do not conform to standard German accounting practice.

jV

jayne V.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Be wary of fault developing after warranty ends

Pros

It worked for a year, used very sporadically for charity events so we expected it to last.

Cons

It developed an error just outside of warranty - customer service refuse to help so we have wasted valuable charity funds on a reader used less than 10 times and now have to buy another. Poor quality, poor service, means our precious funds have gone to sum up instead of helping children so we're gutted.

FY

Frusquin Y.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good software that rewards its customers

Pros

Loyalty programs strengthen the relationship between customers and the company, enticing customers to return to enjoy the rewards. By offering incentives, these programs encourage customers to make repeat purchases, which can contribute to sales growth. Loyalty programs allow businesses to collect data on customer purchasing preferences and habits, providing thus useful information to personalize offers better understanding customers, companies can target their marketing efforts more precisely, thus improving the effectiveness of their campaigns.

Cons

Setting up and managing a loyalty program may incur costs, particularly for issuing rewards, managing the associated technology and promoting the program. Programs that are too complex can discourage customer participation if they find it difficult to understand the rules or keep track of their rewards. Some customers might be loyal primarily because of rewards, which can make loyalty less stable if rewards are changed or removed. In some industries, many loyalty programs coexist, which can dilute the impact of each and make differentiation more difficult.

Krisztina V.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Daily user

Pros

Easy, reports are available, filters are useful

Cons

connection sometimes is not so good, but mostly no problem

Marcelo S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

SumUp, the best to sell and make money.

My experience was in the ads I saw on TV, and I decided to find out more, it was in 2018 that I saw that interest rates are low, starting with the excellent service for sale and after sales, delivery to my residence was fast, without any problem, and I have been using the device for 2 years and sales have grown since then, very good, well worth it.

Pros

I liked the software because you can earn good money on it by selling, usually people arrive at the store and have no money but she knows that there she accepts card machines the customer can buy, fast, practical and safe.

Cons

I never had any problem with SumUp, excellent service.

Humberto A.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

It's always great to receive an added bonus

Pros

The software is easy to use for customers. You just use your phone number and create an account. So many companies use them for added bonuses when you buy something using their membership. I've gotten discounts, free meals, and even gotten recommendations for new places because of Fivestar.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with Fivestar at all as a customer. The only time I've gotten frustrated with it has been because the store or restaurant that uses Fivestar has had internet issues and I don't get my points.

Coty T.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great option for loyalty programs!

Overall, Fivestars has given us the chance to reward our customers and a great price and and an awesome way to manage our promos and program! I'd highly recommend them!

Pros

Fivestars made creating and managing our loyalty program in store so fun and easy! It allows us to create promotions, coupons, track loyalties, and customize every aspect of our program!

Cons

Using this software, I have no experienced anything about this that we did not like. It has been a very pleasant and fun experience

Fedra S.

Photography, 1-10 employees

It is an excellent software!!

I've a small photographic company that is emerging and I'm looking for the right tools to accompany it in its growth. Having an administrator of invoices, forms and budgets, expenses that also allows me to have a register of clients and products is something that would do well to my company, so I am evaluating the purchase of this service. I think it offers many benefits and at a good price.

Pros

The interface is intuitive and it's very friendly. It's easy to use, everything is very organized. Immediately after placing the country in which I reside, the exact amount of the tax charged in the country is placed. You can modify the templates of the emails that customers will receive with the invoice data. It allows to have a client registry, saves predetermined messages. It allows to take an expense management. . I can have a list of products The truth is that I like it a lot. I'm looking at the trial version and it's convincing me to have it in my business. The prices are quite accessible and from what I see you can easily climb if you have a small company like mine.

Cons

So far everything I've seen and tried from the software I really like, including the price since it's very accessible.

Roy R.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Fivestars is a wonderful restaurant rewards program that gets your customers back

Overall, I would recommend this customer loyalty program. A large portion of my customers use it and I see them coming back for more.

Pros

The best part of this application is my customers get rewards for eating at my restaurant. The more they come, the more points they get. In return the more business I get, a lot of people use this.

Cons

The set up process is a little confusing. I had called customer service for help and was on hold for half an hour.

lb

ludo b.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Great often but not every day

A great way to accept credit card payment with my shop when it's working. The support is long and not really helpfull for a lot of demands.

Pros

easy way to pay with cash register .netEasy way to pay on a shop when it's working well

Cons

often it works but sometime it's so long to do a payment with a client, loading, disconnection, error, no connection... and you don"t know why and when it will arriv.

SM

Susie M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Loyalty Program

I signed up with 5 stars to help with repeat traffic in my resale store. It started out pretty good until we needed to make changes to customers accounts. Phone numbers could not be changed by us. Customers were frustrated because some people do change numbers. They ask me to give them name and numbers to be changed and they would do it on their end. Once i gave them the numbers they said it was too...

PS

Pam S.

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the...

Cons

I

Amanda R.

Worth The Investment!

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

Tl

Trish l.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Horrible customer service and they take ur money

They are not a good company and not trustworthy at all. Customer service is horrible and not willing to help. We are facing hard times right now as owners and I would never use them again. They are also expensive compared to other companies.

Pros

lthe database that it provided and let's u know the points .

Cons

This program was not the easiest to use. It always had errors. I decided to stop using there service because we were closing this restaurant and opening another. We were going to use them because we already had a database with them but I never recieved a letter stating how to return the equipment. They charged me 600. Then if I return it within 30 days I can have 50.percent back. How horrible. My manager...

Retail, 11-50 employees

Not as strong as other options currently on the market

Its a large buy in and not great customer service once you have signed up. It was all about the sale then hard to get any support. overall harder for small businesses than many other options out there.

Pros

The idea of this software is great. An easy effective way to start a a rewards program for your clients.

Cons

They sell you on their network. X amount of vendors and members in your area also use this software so they will market your business to these users and expand your reach offering deals to people that would be new clients to you. What the sales people forget to mention is that you will not be a part of this feature unless you sign up X amount of new users per week. Problem for my business is we have a large repeat clientele so hitting this large number to receive expanded marketing was not viable.

FY

Faye Y.

loyalty, simple

Sending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.

Pros

Basically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.

Cons

You are not only paying per month for the subscription plan but also paying extra for every customer FiveStar help you attract them back to your store. Plus, the app and the software sometimes will down due to the technical issue, for example, the free drink voucher cannot be redeemed via the platform.

DF

Dave F.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Sum up good for card or remote payment links

I've never had any issues, occasionally a connection issue but a simple reset sorted it.

Pros

In my business the sumup card reader is critical as students and parents all naturally assume card payment facilities are available and setup for bank transfer etc was very straightforward

Cons

It seems certain cards (mainly amex) take quite a few days for payments to clear. No idea why

Jessica B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros

This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place. I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons

This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

FiveStars Review

Overall, I think that FiveStars is a solid digital marketing solution for small businesses looking to improve their customer experience and loyalty program. However, it's important to consider the high cost and the fact that FiveStars' loyalty program is better suited for retail businesses with frequent customers.

Pros

I found FiveStars to be very user-friendly for both customers and employees. Customers could easily sign up for the loyalty program through the mobile app or physical loyalty card, and employees could easily scan barcodes to record purchases and loyalty points. FiveStars' digital marketing tools were also very helpful for sending personalized offers and promotions to customers, which helped to improve the overall customer experience.

Cons

There is also a negative aspect to consider. I found that the cost of FiveStars was quite high for a small business like mine, especially when you take into account monthly fees, transaction fees, and additional costs for offers and promotions. Additionally, I think that FiveStars' loyalty program is better suited for retail businesses with frequent customers, rather than businesses with less frequent customers.

AS

Adnan S.

Construction, self-employed

Efficient and practical program

All in all: I can recommend this software.

Pros

The user interface is very simple. I write all my offers and bills exclusively with debitoor. I have my finances totally under control and can easily digitally review all my expenses. The app runs seamlessly (android). I honestly do most of my work on my phone while I'm on the go, thanks to debitoor. The customer service is quick to reply and friendly.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to report.

KH

Kerry H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Five Stars is great for discounts

I really like that software and ease of use with it, but I can't stand their customer support. I'll be contacted by 3 or 4 people in one week about an issue that one person can handle. They don't seem to have a lot of communication between team members, as well as not being able to just solve simple issues without making a big deal out of it.

Pros

I like that this system integrates with the POS that we already use. This helps a lot when training new employees as it's somewhat simplified. I also do like that I can send out messages whenever I choose to notify our customers of sales/promotions we may be running.

Cons

I don't like that they automatically send texts to our customers to get them back in the store within 30, 60, or 90 days. I don't want my customers to be too overwhelmed with texts from this system.

cm

courtney m.

Tobacco, 1-10 employees

This loyalty service has been awesome for our company, brings back tons of repeat customers.

Repeat customers, new customers, happy customers!

Pros

That it keeps encouraging repeat customers to come back. You can provide any type of reward for your customers and all the points/ redemptions are customizable. They come out with software updates and those are automatically installed.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow, even when it seems that our internet has good connection. However it's hard to be certain if that's their system or ours.

MT

Meghan T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Great Concept, Expensive for Small Business

Overall, FiveStars has helped us reach a larger customer base and maintain customer loyalty.

Pros

Provides a central system for customers to track rewards with multiple businesses.Sends coupons to customers to attact more business.Enhances customer loyalty to your business.Easy to navigate for the customers, easy to deploy for the business.

Cons

Somewhat pricey for a small business.Some customers complain about losing reward points due to lack of notifications.

SK

Steve K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Fivestars brings loyalty programs to all restaurants

Fivestars allows for enhanced customer experience through customizable loyalty programs.

Pros

For the business owner (not just restaurants), this enables you to incentivize repeat customers without having to set up your own program. The most valuable part of Fivestars is the data that they provide regarding customer visits and spending patterns. It's definitely worth it to provide a discount or free item in exchange for all the repeat business. Fivestars will provide a tablet with an app and you can go ahead and custom the type of deals you want to offer.

Cons

Fivestars relies on the customer providing a telephone number as their UUID. This is quite the security risk and also isn't the best customer experience. They finally have a mobile app now but it's mainly for checking progress and points. It would be best if they setup some type of NFC so that you can just tap to check-in.