Webexpenses Reviews

4.39/5 (88 reviews)

José Luis Palomo Handal

The best meeting and conference administrator in the market

Reviewed 2019-04-26

I love uaing WEBEX, it makes meeting and conferences a lot easier when gathering people around the world. I would recommend using WEBEX without hesitation.

Pros
Where do I start? I really like the fact it can be integrated with your email, to make the meeting distribution and calendar integration a lot easier. I really like the fact that you can attend to a meeting using an app on your smartphone, this provides you a lot of versatility. I also like the fact that someone you invite to a meeting, does not need to download any software because you can acces to the meeting using a web browser. I also like the fact that you can share screen, files, and as an administrator, you have control of everything and everyone attending to the meeting or conference.

Cons
Maybe the price, you can find cheaper options in the market, but, without all the capabilities and support from WEBEX and Cisco.

Tiv Gombas

Sophisticated, professional, backed with excellent support

Reviewed 2020-01-06

I found it easy to use from the start, the best feedback is probably from our field sales force who haven't had a single complaint ever since we switched Webexpenses. This says a lot as they don't like to move from a system they are already familiar with.

Pros
Webexpenses can be tailored to any business needs; the variety of options, settings etc is truly remarkable. The developers work on improvements that matter; for example they delivered a smart-scan function within the app which wasn't available when we signed up. In general it is simple to use for both admins, approvers and users, the approval and processing of expenses has been a smooth process all the way. I have to mention the setting up was done in a truly professional manner as well, having a project team assigned to the task who followed through the implementation project and made sure all business needs were met. We were provided an onsite training as well which was very useful.

Cons
Being sophisticated as it is, sometimes it can be difficult to use for admins not experienced with the system. You would get an error code and a prompt to contact support which can be frustrating. However, excellent support is always available, respond quickly and so far always had an answer to my problems.

Mathanki Thirukaran

Great Software for multiple cards

Reviewed 2020-01-07

Pros
This software has been a game changes since we implemented it in the business. It has helped scale up with the increase in the number of staff. This was the only software at the time which had the flexibility to have different users in different entities. Some staff membrs have up to three credit cards and also submit cash expenses claims. There is continous development in adding different features and making the overall product more efficient.

Cons
The only drawback so far has been the unreliability of the app. It sometimes crashes and a few employees within the company have reported that the receipts they uploaded on the app have been lost.

Alice Pichel

The day to day use of webexpenses is fine from a users perspective but less flexible for an admin

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Pros
The best part of the software is the mobile app. If you enter your own claims as you go the system is great.

Cons
The lack of flexibility around mileage has been an issue for us and updating admin as we have a number of divisions. Running reports over different divisions for managers who are approvers for people in different divisions. People in the same team have to be in different divisions to manage the mileage therefore it falls back to the mileage rates not being flexible enough. Being able to set a mileage rate or rates by user would be the most beneficial improvement for us. Webexpenses often runs slow, the cloud icon turns for a few seconds before running reports and adding attachments etc. When a PA enters the expenses on behalf of their manager they find the process cumbersome and very slow, for example attaching receipts is slow and not being able to sort the order the receipts are entered (for example in date order) means that when faced with a pile of receipts from their manager they have to spend time sorting them first then attaching and then trying to identify which attachment is which from the repository before attaching to the claim lines. I have expressed a few times that I feel there is a step missing in the process, currently a user enters a claim, they submit it, it is approved and then gets finance approval and it is marked as paid. It then disappears from view and the only way to get a list of who you are paying is to run a report based on dates which risks missing or duplicating. There needs to be a passed for payment stage and then paid.

Jack Harrison

Very intuitive system

Reviewed 2020-01-06

Everyone really likes the system and it works well. Very quick and cheap implementation and support has been great.

Pros
Very quick to implement and intuitive to learn

Cons
Doesn't integrate as well with other systems however all other tweaks were put through really quickly.

Richard Berry

Richard Berry

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-01-08

We got rid of a manual Excel based expense system.

Pros
It is web based, meaning I don't have to be in the office to submit my expenses. It can be used on mobile devices. Receipts can be attached. It is easy and intuitive to use. Approval processing is good.

Cons
Integration with our accounting system (JDEdwards) is non-existent. I have devised a way to extract data from Webexpenses using a report, and then upload to JDEdwards. It is quite manual. Accounting is not very sophisticated. There are expense categories, but how they are linked to GL accounts is very basic. But I remember this is an issue with other expense systems. For example, in my previous job I had to administer Concur, and accounting was also very simple.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tracy Hodgkiss

System Implementation

Reviewed 2020-01-02

WE have gone from a very paper based system that was onerous on members o the team to a system that is easy to use and speeds up payment for all.

Pros
The software is very easy to use for all employees It was incredibly easy to implement and the support we received from the whole Web expenses team was excellent and led to this landing within our company very positively

Cons
There is nothing significant that we dislike about the system

Stephanie Harrison

Useful system with great support

Reviewed 2020-01-06

Pros
I find the receipt matching tool the most helpful on webexpenses, this can really speed up the process of submitting your claim.

Cons
Not being able to bulk upload user accounts into the system.

Rae Carson

Quite User-Friendly

Reviewed 2020-01-03

Overall, this has been an effective tool for our church to use for credit card reconciliation. It allows reports to be passed easily through the necessary channels, and the process doesn't take much time. I've not heard of any security issues from our company.

Pros
The software is fairly user-friendly, with some flexibility in how you set up your budget. Uploading receipts is quite easy on a laptop. Reconciliation of credit card charges can be done fairly quickly. Customer service was pretty helpful when I reached out about things.

Cons
The app isn't as reliable as I prefer. My receipts would sometimes go missing, so I rarely use it anymore. The "smart" receipt reader isn't always accurate, so at least once a month I have to go in and manually alter information on a receipt - it doesn't take much time, but it's a lot of clicks that can be annoying.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

David Niman

A really helpful tool!

Reviewed 2020-01-02

We are saving loads of time by automating a lot of the data entry associated with expense claims.

Pros
I really like how this product makes it possible to automate a lot of the expenses process. Before a lot of my time was wasted on duplicating data entry, but now we are able to be completely paperless which both saves money on postage for the company and is good for the environment, and saves me time whilst making audits easier. It integrates to Xero as well which also saves time

Cons
We have multiple organisations in Xero but we can only integrate with one of them. This isn't terrible because I am still saved a lot of time, but it would be even better if this functionality was available. As a very minor point it would also be good if the receipt was maximised when I click on it.

Debbie Peach

Very user friendly

Reviewed 2019-06-12

It has made our whole process much more efficient, we have eliminated paper, staff are submitting claims quicker and the Accounts payable team save time in not having to manually process the claims.

Pros
It is very easy to use for both our claimants and our administrators and has saved us a lot of time now we don't have piles of paper! Our users particularly like the option of using the mobile app when travelling so they can build their claims on the go. I must mention the Customer Support team who are always extremely helpful and efficient.

Cons
Any minor irritations from our users such as receipts not uploading in order and being able to forward an email as a receipt have all been rectified in software updates so there aren't really any cons for us.

Sandra Goodwin

Always very user friendly and easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Pros
Personnaly I find that it has made the process of Expense claims for us in Finance more fliud and compliant, we all find the reporting sections very usueful. The actual processing of claims is now much quicker and we feel very much more consitant and reliable. The support we get if we do get any issues is second to none, thank you

Cons
We dont really see any cons as it has helped and improved our Expenses Process greatly , before Web Expenses we had a manuel process which was open to error and lots of duplication.

Response from webexpenses

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you've had such a good experience with us.

Martin Quaid

Reviewed 2019-06-10

We have eliminated all paper based processing of travel expenses and made the authorisation process quicker, simpler and transparent.

Pros
Ease of set up and operation. The day to day support is excellent.

Cons
Nothing really. The implementation of mileage rates is awkward but that is not a webexpense system issue.

Nicholas Daly

We find Webexpenses very comprehensive, but easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Easy to use, comprehensive reporting - it replaced a time-consuming manual system.

Pros
Intuitive design, easy to use, easy access on Windows, MAC and IOS devices. Great customer support service

Cons
Can be a bit too prescriptive, so care is needed in the initial set-up to ensure that expense entry is easy on mobile devices. Some parameters, like company, can only be added from the website and not on IOS - as far as I can see. There are sometimes exchange rate differences between the actual bill and what is charged to a credit card.

Andrea Burtscher

Programme is a great time and therefore money saver. Feedback from colleagues is really good

Reviewed 2017-12-08

saves a lot of time in processing claims, easy to handle and receipts are always easy to find, no paper anymore

Pros
easy to use as claimant and approver, great tool to get claims into accounts system, big time saver, support is always very helpful and knowledgeable, account manager very caring, very easy to set up new users

Cons
sometimes a bit slow in processing claims. Can be complex / depending on the company structure of course

Lauren Emptage

Excellent

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
It is very easy to use and pretty self explanatory. I also appreciate how quickly the customer service reps get back to you when there is ever an issue with the website or if I need any technical advice/help.

Cons
Nothing, I really like this software. The only thing I would suggest to improve would be to make ease of moving into other tabs a little easier as the tab seems to bounce back sometimes. It would also be handy to have a warning when it is about to log you out so you can have chance to stay logged in before being chucked out.

Response from webexpenses

Hi Lauren,

Kirsty Ford

Always delivers

Reviewed 2017-12-11

expense submitted in a timely manner and with all the relevant information which make it easier for a finance department to keep qan eye on and track expenses that are being incurred.

Pros
Its ease of use and transparency. Very clear to the user/administrator where they need to navigate to on the system

Cons
Sometimes crashes when you are trying to generate reports especially if there are large amounts of data

Laurie Bain

Amazing system & time saving solution

Reviewed 2018-09-28

With around 8000 employees in our business, processing expenses is a massive task & Webexpenses makes my job a whole lot easier. We have had amazing feedback from everyone in the business and Webexpenses has proved to be simple, easy and quick.

Pros
We previously used an old fashioned paper based expense system, so Webexpenses has been a much needed improvement in that department! As the expenses administrator, I find Webexpenses super easy and quick to navigate through - I am able to pull various reports i need, in just a few button clicks. I find the "notes" feature really useful especially when having to reject claims, a quick note can just be left instead of an awkward conversation!

Cons
Due to us being such a large company with so many employees, we did have a few issues with the speed of Webexpenses at first, but this is currently being looked into and we are already seeing improvements.

Response from webexpenses

Hi Laurie

Matthew Blackwood

Using webexpenses has been very simple and straightforward. Moving from paper to this has been great

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
Functionality, ease of use and administration. It makes using web expenses great for frequent travelers and its simple for them.

Cons
It does take time to change and implement a new system but it is worth it in the end. Some people tend to have resistance to change but it works in the end.

Besim Mani

Gives me control over the work I do.

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Pros
Easy to manage staff expenses what ever they are. Different access to fellow the process of each claim at what sage it is.

Cons
I wish I can do more on Mobile Application, it will help me more on managing whole system remotely. e.g. rejecting claims that are not complete.

Cassie Lingard

Myself and my colleagues find Webexpenses very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Reviewed 2017-11-24

Pros
As an administrator, I find the reporting tools to be the most useful aspect of webexpenses. The reports are generated very quickly and it is easy to modify them if required.

Cons
The time-out period is a little too short for when using the offline reporting module, as when I return to the webexpenses site from Excel I always have to log back in.

Elle Donaldson

Super easy to use

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Purchase reconciliation on the fly.

Pros
I can reconcile my receipts easily on the fly, gone are the days of having to chronologically file paper receipts and then spending too much time matching them against a transaction list. Also, patient and helpful support team to assist navigating any issues!

Cons
I do not have any problems with this software from the perspective of a user. It makes my life a lot simpler.

Response from webexpenses

Thank you for your review, Elle! Stay on the lookout for new updates and features in the near future!

Jag Gill

Fantastic Expense Management Product

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
Easy to use to train our staff. Staff really like the mobile application. The platform has helped us save time in terms of processing expense claims for staff. The money saved is substantial.

Cons
Some minor features missing such as ability to rotate or crop receipts but have been advised this will be included in a future release

Daniel Craven

Friendly staff, easy to use system, very helpful online demo's and connect conferences

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Brilliant reporting software, very friendly and helpful staff, allows us as a company to run successful reports from the system to help us with month end tasks, budgeting tasks, forecasting tasks etc.

Pros
I like that the software is designed to meet the needs of customers and that the company listen to those customer needs and requirements and do their utmost to implement changes to meet these needs

Cons
There are some areas which could do with improving, for example, a drop down list of attendees, however, i believe alot of these are in the webexpenses pipeline

Simona Capatan-Tossoun

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
User friendly platform, easy access to a variety of features

Cons
Would be ideal if there was a way to reject part of a claim rather than the entire claim