IntakeQ Logo

IntakeQ

Web-based intake forms management software

IntakeQ Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.45/10

Reviews by rating

Wonderful experience, super helpful and friendly customer service. Would highly recommend this product.
Love the versatility, easy to send forms, patient side is clean and easy to use, really like the signature option, HIPPA compliance feature is great.
My clients like the opportunity to complete the forms in the comfort of their home and have it done when they come into my academy. The customer service is outstanding, especially Mike.
The calendar view does not work well for us and the list view is even worse. An option to see have appointments take up a set width and a potential option to see locations as separate calendars.
Occasionally it will give users feedback that the form is incomplete and can be confusing for them. Sometimes the email goes to their spam and they miss the email and we need to remind them.
I don't like that there is No spellcheck feature. Another problem I found that it is too easy to delete a form accidentally.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

lntakeQ

I really like IntakeQ and I love being able to have organized information of my clients. It saves time by sending completed forms right to their file.

Pros

Working in the Mental Health field, we need software that is HIPAA compliant, but also reasonable in price. IntakeQ offers both!!! It also has a sleek design that looks professional. Auto-save is also a life saver. I have had several notes lost due to internet cutting out. Notes take a while and not having to redo them makes life so much easier. Customer service is friendly and always there to help whenever things may go wrong.

Cons

One thing I would like is that if you click on a Client's name, then it would take you to their home page. An app would also be beneficial since the forms don't convert well to phones.

Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

Clean and simply designed intake and patient management platform

Using intakeQ as a patient interaction, eICF, and eCRF/ePRO platform for clinical trials. For simple trials with simple follow-ups that the coordinators don't mind setting up, this is an extremely budget-friendly way to obtain eICFs and some ePROs (less than a hundred dollars vs minimum $5k for HIPAA-compliant SurveyMonkey). You can configure roles to control access and security

Pros

Extremely affordable and extremely fast customer service while boasting HIPAA compliance, eSignatures, recurring forms and appointments, automated follow-up emails, and secure patient platform. Sending and re-sending forms is easy.

Cons

Cannot choose which variables to show as columns under Client list. Cannot calculate average scores from multiple questions. Cannot cause a notice to send to the site coordinators or doctors if a certain response is recorded. Cannot set up forms in a set schedule so that one form is sent after another at a certain time and then view this schedule (but that is fine as this was not designed for this). Lack of version control of forms.

MJ

Megan J.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Pretty good system

It was overall pretty good.

Pros

I liked the payment options and the ability to structure it how I needed to.

Cons

I didn't like how recurring payments was structured. It could have been more user friendly in some ways.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Exceptional customer service, clean/professional forms & nothing but positive feedback from patients

Really impressed with IntakeQ. The online forms have allowed our practice to operate smoothly and efficiently from the very beginning. We have always felt valued as a customer too, which isn't necessarily easy to come by these days.

Pros

As a practice in our first year of business, IntakeQ really helped us get started on the right foot. Creating all of our forms from the very beginning with IntakeQ has truly made a positive impact on our patient experience. Collaborating with the customer service team makes the design process enjoyable, they are always available and incredibly helpful! Patients have appreciated being able to complete the forms via cell phone and they like that progress is saved as they go. We haven't had a single negative review about IntakeQ from our patients. I am glad that we found IntakeQ and I strongly recommend IntakeQ to any practices looking to be paperless and utilize online intake forms.

Cons

Can't think of any cons to IntakeQ, although at first I wasn't sure if we needed it since we were just starting out as a solo practice. Not the case! The cost is definitely worth it, no questions asked. Between the dedicated customer service team and positive patient feedback, I can't imagine our office opening a year ago without IntakeQ.

51-200 employees

Customer Support is Outstanding!

Pros

I love how quick, polite, and helpful the customer service is. I always receive an email reply back about my question or concern within one business day - usually much quicker, within the hour!

Cons

For our purposes, it would be helpful to have more options with sending forms back to clients once complete (like after a year or so) for them to update info. But, other than that we are very pleased!

Wonderful Intake System!

IntakeQ is a very great and affordable tool for the entire patient intake process!

Pros

- Unbeatable customer service! - Very simple and easy to use - HIPPA-compliant and secure when sending and receiving information - Connected to my Google calendar making it very easy to see patient appointments on my mobile phone - Can upload ANY patient info including insurance cards and IDs

Cons

- I wish ALL alerts would be sent to my email including when a patient starts filling out their forms not just when they complete it - Making forms on your own in the beginning is very challenging and need to learn how to make the forms; definitely a learning curve with this one! - It would be nice to have the incoming fax feature

Reliable and user-friendly platform

Pros

Based on my almost a year experience, I can say that this is by far more convenient platform that I ever used. It is simple, reliable, and very intelligent. The team behind IntakeQ Is very responsive and quick.

Cons

Invoices data export does not currently show actual amount paid. I believe it can be fixed soon.

Hello there, Thank you for the positive review! Invoices export should definitely show the amount paid. Please get in touch with our support at hello@intakeq.com and we'll be happy to look into this for you. Thanks again!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great EMR - Ive used many and for the price, customer service, and ease of use, this is my favorite!

Pros

You can customize it any way youd like. It has automated reminders, etc. Very easy to use!

Cons

Cant think of any! The customer service is truly what makes this EMR so great. I get responses back extremely quick and there is always an answer!

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Game changer for our practice

Wish I had stumbled upon it years ago. Biggest frustration is I did not know about it.

Pros

Biggest pro is the saving of paper and manpower costs for our large group practice. Easily pays for itself, lowers wait times in lobbies, lowers HIPAA risk by having less paper floating around. We love it.

Cons

Not much to dislike! Takes a little figuring out the first time around, but overall, it's been great.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great features for a great price

Pros

IntakeQ is great for sending intakes, monitoring progress and even some automation. Their customer service is superb!!! Anytime I need anything I only need to send an email and I get a response within less than an hour normally and they are always happy to help!

Cons

I wish there was greater flexibility and functionality (which they are working on).

HS

Heather S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Still in free trial but struggling to commit because of one critical missing feature

I want to join IQ because of the robust nature of the platform and the support they offer, but there is one feature missing that is non-negotiable for me given the client populations I work with.

Pros

The customization and automation are both robust in this platform. There are multiple question types when creating new forms/templates. Almost every aspect of the platform is customizable to your needs and business. The support/help part of the website is also super helpful, and the facebook group is great for finding answers to questions that may be time-sensitive usually.

Cons

According to the facebook group for IntakeQ (this doesn't include any private requests for this), over 15 clinicians have requested the feature to be added where two people can have separate and independent access to the client portal of a client. For example, a minor client with separated/divorced parents who are high conflict -- this is the only feature preventing me from committing. I don't want to go back to another "simple" EHR but it seems to be one of the only platforms that offers this. It's pretty much the only feature missing from IQ.

TM

Tate M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Easy and Extremely Effective

Pros

This software is the ideal solution for medical practices like mine that need to send paperwork to patients before their initial visits with us. This not only allows us to have the paperwork to review ahead of time but also allows our clinic to run more efficiently as our team doesn't have to wait for people to fill in their paperwork by hand in the office. They are excellent at converting detailed forms such as ours into digital copies without losing the integrity of the questions we are trying to answer. It also tells you who has started on their paperwork and how far they've gotten, while allowing you to print off any partial forms that aren't fully filled out. Also a terrific value for what you pay.

Cons

If I had to nitpick, I would say the only thing I don't like about the software is that because we send the links in email form, some people try to fill it out via phone and don't make it very far.

JA

Jason A.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

One of the very best online products I have purchased

I've been with IntakeQ since the early days. Even from the very beginning, it was a solid product with excellent pricing. I have noticed over time that new and very useful features are added on a consistent and frequent basis, which I love. This service is continually improving and continually impressing me. It has been an important and welcome addition to my medical practice. I fully endorse IntakeQ!

Pros

Well designed, well coded. Visually pleasing. Constant improvement and addition of new features. Excellent support.

Cons

I have no significant cons about this software. It is excellent.

EH

Emily H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The BEST way to automate my busy practice!

WOW! The ease of use is crazy simple....and if you get stuck-- if you send an email to support, you WILL hear back from a rep within the day, and I mean if you send it at 7pm you will get an email back at 8pm. yep even after hours. I secretly want to hire their staff because their customer service is top notch. But not only is the staff amazing, the product is THE BEST solution for my functional medicine practice. HIPAA compliant. Getting started with them-- they were able to convert my current forms into digital questions for a mere $9 or something like that. I would've wasted HOURS trying to figure that out. If you are considering intakeQ, look no further. I would do a video testimony for them because I have been so impressed. (and no I don't work for them)

Pros

-Ease of Use -Ability to fit within my digital practice -Staff -Staff always coming up with solutions to my questions

Cons

-Wish there was a feature to have clients put things in chronological order like some other Functional Medicine Software companies.

DG

David G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

IntakeQ is the PERFECT administrative assistant for my business!

I can't say enough good things about how amazing IntakeQ is for me as an independent contractor and licensed massage therapist. IntakeQ has taken so much of the burden of administrative duties off of my plate. All of my health intake forms, waivers, and general information pamphlets are all customized and easily sent to clients. The scheduling feature and integration with gmail is awesome for both me and my family who need to know my schedule. Email features, integration with Square (for standard sales) and Stripe (for gift certificates) is great. This is one powerful tool for HIPPA compliant forms and administrative needs. couldn't survive without it.

Pros

All the scheduling features, analytics, and customizable forms.

Cons

Still looking for more automated email functions, and more scheduling features, but IntakeQ team seems to always be doing updates that are great.

MT

Mary T.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Good value!

we are using IntakeQ for our intake paperwork only. We are definitely seeing an increase in clients filling out paperwork before their first appointment. I like the new features added especially the analytics. We have had a few glitches with some clients not being able to submit their paperwork and there really was never a resolution. It may have been an issue with their own computer. overall we have...

Pros

User-friendly, easy to search.

Cons

some of the glitches where clients haven't filled out forms completely or haven't been able to submit.

DE

Dave E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I was looking for an online solution for my paperwork for a long time. Intakeq is so perfect!

This software saves me time and makes it easy to retrieve contact information and consent forms for my patients.

Pros

My clients love being able to fill out their paperwork on their smartphone, tablet or laptop. I love knowing that once I electronically sign the forms they are securely and confidentially stored. They were so helpful in getting my forms set up and even inputted them for me from a PDF. The price is very reasonable and is more that offset by the time I save if I had to handle printouts, scan and then file forms in compliance with HIPAA requirements.

Cons

The scheduling software is nice, but the scheduler doesn't commnicate with my google calendar or even the calendar in my practice management software.

SH

Sarryh H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great and easy to use!

IntakeQ has made creating intakes for our clients and different treatments easy. Customer support has fixed any issues we have had quickly, though they just fix them and do not call us or email us back to let us know it is fixed. It just works. I like that there is a number of already made forms so I can alter those questions as I need to without having to start from scratch. I like that I can open the forms in the office or send one to the client beforehand depending on how extensive the forms are.

Pros

ease of use, already made forms that questions can be adjusted, can send to clients or have them fill out at the office.

Cons

Support does not respond, though they do fix the issue

JP

Joy P.

Love IntakeQ!

I use IntakeQ for scheduling, appointment reminders and new patient intake forms and consents. It has saved me so much time and helped to keep me better organized. It is so easy to use and very intuitive, and my patients all seem impressed by it. The customer service is also very receptive to suggestions and requests, which is reflected in the updates and new features. I don't use it for my documentation because it doesn't work for my needs, but that is an option for those who are looking for it.

Pros

Scheduling, ability to connect with my google calendar, appointment reminders, ease of creating forms, ease of sending out forms, notifications when forms are completed and returned, the dashboard.

Cons

The patient documentation portal and customization don't meet my needs. It would be nice to be able to have my documentation connected to my schedule, though.

JO

Jill O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Much better than Massage Book!

Pros

Integration with iCal and Google Calendar is great and very easy to set up. Love the online forms options and that they are automatically sent when a patient schedules, very easy and is saving me time in this aspect of the schedule/documentation flow.

Cons

I really would like if there was a way that you could "complete" a visit and have it change color when you either issue an invoice or finish a note. I really need another checks/balances system to remind me that I have finished a note. The invoice/superbill is a bit cumbersome, but glad that I have the option of offering these as Massage Book did not allow me to do this. I am hoping that the more I do it the easier it will be, but as of right now it is NOT saving me any time. I would like to be able to go directly from the patient's note to the "check out" screen where I can issue the invoice so I don't have to go back out to my schedule and click on the patient again. Again, just time consuming and a bit cumbersome - sometimes causing me to lose my train of thought.

YG

Yehuda G.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Very Happy. Great Product

Pros

Pretty much everything. A great system truly built around the needs of the practitioner, kind of like the Toyota of EHRs. Interface is fresh and easy to use. Customization is a breeze and functionality is fantastic. I shopped for an EHR for many months and was told by colleagues that I will eventually have to succumb to Simple Practice. They were wrong and I am so happy that I trusted my instincts that there just had to be a better, affordable solution out there. IQ is that solution.

Cons

No live support and no 2-way communication on alerts (meaning, if i send a reminder to a coworker I do not know whether they opened it and there is no way for the coworker to 'sign off' on the reminder when it is has been completed. We also needed to create quite a trail of workarounds to deal with some glitches relating to the inability to attach treatment notes to outgoing claims in the Office Ally integration. But IQ was receptive and worked with us and we got it done.

KB

Kristen B.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Best Choice I Made for My Practice

There are so many options out there. I am SOOO glad I found intakeQ. It makes my day go much more smoothly. My patients are able to complete and sign all my intake forms and consent forms. I can reject an incomplete intake and ask the patient to complete it. No paper is involved. I also use intakeQ to accept payment for my services. Customer service is the best of any software I use. They graciously listen to my recommendations to improve my work flow and are very professional. I recommend intakeQ to everyone who will listen.

Pros

ease, customer service, paperless

Cons

wish it could develop into a fully functional EMR :)

AW

Andrew W.

Continually updated

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and that they continue to respond to customers and add new services and solutions

Cons

I have found it a little less user friendly with the medical notes section, but this is because it does not do some things I would like which may be a bit outside the mainstream.

MJ

Merritt J.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Overall Wonderful Product

I shopped around a bit when starting my practice and ultimately went with IntakeQ because of the easily customizable intake forms and simple to use scheduling. As my practice has grown, IntakeQ continues to grow too. Every time I think "hey, it would be nice if my software could to this," I check the updates, and they've already thought of it. Easy to use and affordable. I've recommended this software to several colleagues already.

Pros

Easy to use intake forms and scheduling, and it's reasonably priced.

Cons

Double room/location function would be great.

AW

Andrew W.

Awesome Support!

I have been very happy with IntakeQ over the past 2 years. The product does what I want, and the support has been first class. Whenever there has been an issue they have responded immediately, and have even implemented features based on my suggestions.

Pros

Easy to use, and not tied to any reimbursement platform - this is great for a health professional who is not working with insurance claims. Those products linked to insurance reimbursement seem to be average in doing what IntakeQ does great!