IntakeQ Reviews

4.78/5 (249 reviews)

Lexi Schmidt

Great balance of cost & features, perfect for small therapy practice

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
I like that you have the option to pay less or more based on which features you need, as well as your volume of new clients -- super helpful for me starting out when I only had one new client every 2-3 months. Their customer support team actually worked with me to give me a 50% discount for the first 6 months and offer me a special "super low volume" plan. I also appreciate that there is so much customization available for the forms--you have to pay tons of money for traditional EHRs to create your own forms, which can get spendy quickly if you have a lot of different forms you need or make frequent updates (as I do). And, of course, electronic signatures are the best. I never want to have paper files again and scanning things in is such a pain! I love that IntakeQ lets clients take photos as part of their intake forms, too, so I can even have the client snap a shot of their insurance cards and ID before they ever come into session. They seem to update the features frequently, and base them off their users' requests--for example, they recently added a way you can link family members together, so both a teen client and their parent/guardian can have access to the messaging system & client forms.

Cons
There are some small flukes that pop up occasionally; for example, if you enter a client's legal name when registering the client, there's no way to change how that shows up on forms, etc.--not usually an issue, but if a client has a radically different preferred name, is transgender, etc. I like to be able to ask them & customize what shows up on their forms. It's a little pricey, which is true of all online forms software, so I do like that it at least includes a HIPAA compliant messaging system -- I avoided other online forms systems because they were the same price, but with drastically fewer features. I'd love to see a discount for paying for an entire year up-front, too.

Julio Lagos

Makes Managing Inventories Easy

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it.

Pros
My favorite thing about IntakeQ is how it organizes documents based on clients. When I send a form out, it comes back and drops it off in their patient file. I no longer have to download, look for the folder, save it, etc. When scrubbing through the client folders, everything is there. I also really enjoy how I'm able to customize forms with fields, of all sorts. The Customer Support is great. Ease of Use and Flexibility. I like the fact that there are updates and you could tell that the team is really working on a roadmap, and new features regularly roll-out. Appointment Reminders w/ Text is Great. Easy Notes, the easiest most streamlined way.

Cons
No Phone App. Forms do not convert easily to Phone Versions for clients to complete. The signature (hand drawn signature) is not smooth; and it looks like the brush is not well thought out. Needs some user-interface work. I wish there were an easier way to message patients via a Phone App. I also wish that instead of a Bubble for messaging patients; it actually just stated, "Messages" I would like to be able to map out the fields completed in an IntakeQ form field, so that the fields populate on top of a PDF or image, as specified by me. We use very specific PDF forms that we are required to use for contracting. It would reduce paperwork redundancy. I find myself sending forms out, getting them back, and then having to transcribe that information onto other forms. I wish I could just take that PDF form, upload it to IntakeQ, and have fields populate onto it based on responses from IntakeQ surveys, or IntakeQ notes. Not all of our patients manage an e-mail, and so, this has been a challenge with those patients to get them rolled onto IntakeQ.

Response from IntakeQ

Hi Julio,

Thanks so much for the positive review!

We have a feature that allows you to map form fields to patient notes. Our support at hello@intakeq.com will be happy to help you set this up.

Regarding patients who don't have an email, this article explains how to enable a setting that allows them to use a phone number instead: https://support.intakeq.com/article/149-choosing-the-login-method-for-your-public-forms

I hope this helps!

Anonymous

Excellent support for my small business!

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Overall, IntakeQ allows me to connect with clients and gain initial information before our first appointment allowing them the opportunity to share what is most important to them rather than spend the time completing paperwork. This is a great benefit to me.

Pros
I am very pleased to be able to allow clients opportunity to communicate and complete personal health information online in their preferred way to communicate without fear of exposing their personal health information to others. I also appreciate the pricing for this product. I love the responsiveness of the customer service.

Cons
I wish that the software worked well with PayPal or had their own credit card processor. I also would like to be able to submit payments to insurance companies through the system. Among the features that exist already, I wish that you could click on the clients’ name where ever it appears and be able to get back to their profile page without having to go to the client’s list. I also wish that when stopping a recurrence, you could have a choice of stopping all including the appointment that is open and not just all of the ones after the one that is open. When I am in the message center and want to click to another client, I have to refresh the page to ensure that the right page is connected to the right client. Otherwise the name will change, but the page remains on the previous client’s page.

Judith Meer

Makes running my small biz a breeze

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Pros
Reasonable pricing, great user interface, has made running my small business *SO MUCH* easier, makes me look more professional and organized as a small business, is HIPAA compliant, there is continuous improvement of features, fast and friendly customer service, streamlined payment (which saves me so much time as a solo biz owner), auto-save so you never lose a note you're in the middle of, portal system to communicate with patients, great metrics that help me identify trends in the business and that help make marketing, budgeting and scheduling decisions. I could go on and on. I seriously adore this company.

Cons
There are some very occasional buggy features in the software -- honestly it's been so infrequent that I usually forget to point them out to customer service, but the one time I did, they were very responsive and the issue was resolved later that same weekend... which was over Thanksgiving weekend, no less! Only other gripe is that if you have more than one tab open with the program (e.g. your booking calendar in one tab and a note for a patient in another tab), you may get logged out automatically, which can be annoying if you were in the middle of a task, though I suppose it's helpful for security purposes if I'm on pubic computer in the shared office space I have.

Tate McIntyre

Easy and Extremely Effective

Reviewed 2019-05-29

Pros
This software is the ideal solution for medical practices like mine that need to send paperwork to patients before their initial visits with us. This not only allows us to have the paperwork to review ahead of time but also allows our clinic to run more efficiently as our team doesn't have to wait for people to fill in their paperwork by hand in the office. They are excellent at converting detailed forms such as ours into digital copies without losing the integrity of the questions we are trying to answer. It also tells you who has started on their paperwork and how far they've gotten, while allowing you to print off any partial forms that aren't fully filled out. Also a terrific value for what you pay.

Cons
If I had to nitpick, I would say the only thing I don't like about the software is that because we send the links in email form, some people try to fill it out via phone and don't make it very far.

Marilee Feldman

The best customer service on the planet

Reviewed 2019-01-10

Pros
I absolutely LOVE IntakeQ. The best thing about it is the customer service. I've never before experienced such quick answers to my questions online. And they are super helpful and will bend over backward to help you. Allow me to tell you a story about this! We were scrambling in my group counseling practice to send out new forms to all of our clients (hundreds) before the start of 2019. It was critical we get this going before Jan. 1, so of course at the last minute, before the long holiday weekend, I discover that I hadn't done things quite correctly for our needs and so I was pretty freaked out. I was emailing customer support, who was always just so happy to help me! It had to be like 6 pm or something in NYC or wherever IntakeQ is located, and I just kept discovering new needs that I had and so I just kept asking him questions, and at times he would take care of things so quickly it was amazing. I'm pretty convinced he stayed late one New Years Eve weekend just to help me out. It was exemplary customer service and saved my life! IntakeQ makes our forms look attractive, seamless and professional. It is so quick and easy and actually kind of fun to see clients progress through them quickly in our office. We love the capability to send out many forms in one email to clients in advance of their first visit. We can also get signatures from multiple people. Clients actually commented on how attractive and professional our forms are!

Cons
I cannot think of any cons for IntakeQ!

Fani Avramopoulos

Useful Software, Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Overall positive experience. Expect a learning curve in the beginning, and know that if you want to use IntakeQ for anything more than just the most basic scheduling, you will need to put some time into figuring out how it works. That said, I've been able to make beautiful intake forms, keep track of all of our scheduling, and transition to a nearly 100% digital system through IntakeQ. Recommended.

Pros
This software has really streamlined our practice and allowed us to go almost 100% digital. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the help page is generally useful, and IntakeQ has some of the best customer service I have ever worked with. They always respond to my questions (and I've had many questions) within 24 hours, and I always feel like I'm talking to a "real" person that works with me to resolve any issues I'm having.

Cons
Aspects of this software can be very confusing, particularly when it comes to the various "roles" that different accounts have. It is also sometimes unclear where to access certain functions. Sometimes I'm able to resolve these issues through the help page, but other times customer service has to help me figure it out. The software could be a lot more user friendly and intuitive, but the great customer service helps to make up for that.

Chuck Rodgers LPC, LMFT

We've been with these wonderful folks for several years. I can't imagine our company without them!

Reviewed 2018-04-12

Tremendous ease! I send out the forms and they get filled out. Not copying of forms. No storing of forms. No purchasing paper and toner. Fewer calls to the copier repair guy. They make my life better...

Pros
Initially found the customer service to be exceedingly prompt and abundantly proficient. They set up cost for the forms is more than reasonable and the monthly expense is such a bargain. I have never known their system to go down. Simple to get going and no maintenance. We keep finding new uses for them. It is so great to be able to email a link to the client. The client follows the link, fills out the form(s) and then submits. The forms are easily downloaded. Could not be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Cons
Seriously, I have yet to find one. I truly wish my every interaction could be an interaction like I've had with IntakeQ!

Zachary Aggott

Unparalleled Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-07-10

My experience doesn't matter as much as my clients' experiences: they all love the intake and consent forms going right to their email, and they love the appointment reminders (text and email.) It really goes a long way to make my practice come across as professional.

Pros
The software is intuitive and amazingly flexible. There are templates built-in for consent forms, assessments, and notes, but you also have the ability to customize each template to suit your practice's needs and create completely new templates. I use IntakeQ for everything: scheduling, billing/invoices, notes, diagnosis, Superbilling, appointment reminders, and secure communication with clients. The customer service department is ABSOLUTELY amazing to the point that I asked them "where can I leave you a review because you deserve recognition." I've had a few questions for them, and I've always got a response within an hour or two. I can't recommend this service enough. It runs my entire practice.

Cons
Initially, I was a little hesitant about the idea of having to create my own forms, but the templates provided made it super easy to tweak them to suit my needs.

Jason Attaman

One of the very best online products I have purchased

Reviewed 2016-12-01

I've been with IntakeQ since the early days. Even from the very beginning, it was a solid product with excellent pricing. I have noticed over time that new and very useful features are added on a consistent and frequent basis, which I love. This service is continually improving and continually impressing me. It has been an important and welcome addition to my medical practice. I fully endorse IntakeQ!

Pros
Well designed, well coded. Visually pleasing. Constant improvement and addition of new features. Excellent support.

Cons
I have no significant cons about this software. It is excellent.

Louis Esquivel

Terrific Product AND Service

Reviewed 2016-12-01

I initially stumbled onto IntakeQ when I was searching for a good, cost effective way of handling my medical paperwork. As it turns out, this was the most beneficial "stumble" I could have done. My intake process is now streamlined and efficient. Creating new forms is a breeze. In the few cases I've had problems, the team at IntakeQ has quickly and effectively come to my assistance, even so far as to create the forms I was needing. Anytime I have a question I get a prompt personal response. These guys just keep improving the product more and more. I highly recommend them, particularly if you are a solo doc like me. But even a large group would benefit. High-quality product, HIPAA secured, easy to use, responsive team, very affordable.

Pros
Easy to use. Cost effective.

Cons
Sometimes hard for patients to log in (though most of these cases are technically impaired folks!)

Emily Hecker

The BEST way to automate my busy practice!

Reviewed 2016-12-01

WOW! The ease of use is crazy simple....and if you get stuck-- if you send an email to support, you WILL hear back from a rep within the day, and I mean if you send it at 7pm you will get an email back at 8pm. yep even after hours. I secretly want to hire their staff because their customer service is top notch. But not only is the staff amazing, the product is THE BEST solution for my functional medicine practice. HIPAA compliant. Getting started with them-- they were able to convert my current forms into digital questions for a mere $9 or something like that. I would've wasted HOURS trying to figure that out. If you are considering intakeQ, look no further. I would do a video testimony for them because I have been so impressed. (and no I don't work for them)

Pros
-Ease of Use -Ability to fit within my digital practice -Staff -Staff always coming up with solutions to my questions

Cons
-Wish there was a feature to have clients put things in chronological order like some other Functional Medicine Software companies.

Ruel Tyer

IntakeQ has made scheduling, sending forms, and reminding clients of appointments much easier.

Reviewed 2017-07-17

Having clients be able to schedule their own appointments and access paperwork online is a huge benefit. I also love that clients get a text reminder, which means I don't have to remind clients of their appointment time.

Pros
I love that clients can schedule their own appointments, get email/text reminders, and fill out paperwork online.

Cons
I wish there were more features available for linked calendars and spacing out appointment times. For example, I have it set within IntakeQ to link with my work Google calendar. When a client schedules an appointment through IntakeQ there is a 15-minute space that is created between sessions. However, sometimes clients schedule an appointment with me which I put into my Google calendar. These appointments are not scheduled through IntakeQ so, therefore, there is not a 15-minute space between sessions with clients. As a result, I'm often left with back to back appointments with clients without any break. I realize I can go into IntakeQ and schedule the appointment however that is not always possible.

Simal Ozen Irmak

We are quite satisfied with IntakeQ platform: it is reliable, convenient and simple to use.

Reviewed 2017-07-17

HIPAA secure platform (it was a must for our IRB approval) Easy access 24/7 Online - remote access feature Collection of questionnaire data (predominantly) Secure messaging (rarely used but it was on target)

Pros
The crucial thing for us was it to be an HIPAA secure platform (we use it to collect some sensitive (medical) information for a research study). It has exceeded our expectations regarding 1) reliability (the platform works smoothly), 2) simplicity (easy to user - on both ends) and 3) great customer support (we had ran into couple problems that were fixed pretty quickly). Also, the messaging was a bonus feature for us - so far we used it for a few occassions but they were very critical so it was great to have that option. And the price is reasonable - we are an independent research team - paying for this service out of pocket - and we are extremely satisfied with every penny we pay to your service. So, great job to you gals & guys at IntakeQ!

Cons
The questionnaires can be improved: - such as by adding answer-activated conditional questions , ex: if you check a box at Question1, then skip to Question8 etc.) The display can be improved by having options - such as by adding the option of showing the most recently completed form on top - visually grouping forms - as worked on etc (not just read or unread) by user-activated flagging.

Anonymous

Clean and simply designed intake and patient management platform

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Using intakeQ as a patient interaction, eICF, and eCRF/ePRO platform for clinical trials. For simple trials with simple follow-ups that the coordinators don't mind setting up, this is an extremely budget-friendly way to obtain eICFs and some ePROs (less than a hundred dollars vs minimum $5k for HIPAA-compliant SurveyMonkey). You can configure roles to control access and security

Pros
Extremely affordable and extremely fast customer service while boasting HIPAA compliance, eSignatures, recurring forms and appointments, automated follow-up emails, and secure patient platform. Sending and re-sending forms is easy.

Cons
Cannot choose which variables to show as columns under Client list. Cannot calculate average scores from multiple questions. Cannot cause a notice to send to the site coordinators or doctors if a certain response is recorded. Cannot set up forms in a set schedule so that one form is sent after another at a certain time and then view this schedule (but that is fine as this was not designed for this). Lack of version control of forms.

David Graves

IntakeQ is the PERFECT administrative assistant for my business!

Reviewed 2016-12-01

I can't say enough good things about how amazing IntakeQ is for me as an independent contractor and licensed massage therapist. IntakeQ has taken so much of the burden of administrative duties off of my plate. All of my health intake forms, waivers, and general information pamphlets are all customized and easily sent to clients. The scheduling feature and integration with gmail is awesome for both me and my family who need to know my schedule. Email features, integration with Square (for standard sales) and Stripe (for gift certificates) is great. This is one powerful tool for HIPPA compliant forms and administrative needs. couldn't survive without it.

Pros
All the scheduling features, analytics, and customizable forms.

Cons
Still looking for more automated email functions, and more scheduling features, but IntakeQ team seems to always be doing updates that are great.

Judy Abel

Loving this program!

Reviewed 2016-12-01

This has been a huge time and paper saver for me. Most of my patients love it. Some people that are still uncomfortable with doing online forms can get baffled and occasionally people have a challenge with saving the information (maybe it's their browser?). I also like how easy it is to make changes on the forms. My only recommendation is to condense the printable form. My health history is >20 pages printed. Probably could be 1/2 that if it wasn't so spread out.

Pros
easy to use, make changes and send to patients

Cons
the printable version is very long; >20 pages, could be much less if it weren't so spread out in print version.

Response from IntakeQ

Hello Judy,

Thank you so much for the positive review! Regarding the issue with printed forms using up too much paper, you can enable a more condensed version that should work better for you. You can find it in the Settings tab under More -> Settings. You should enable both options in the PDF section.
I hope this helps!

Heather Morrison

IntakeQ improved client response time

Reviewed 2016-12-13

For years we sent out questionnaires to learn about our clients via email with an attached PDF. It was not very user-friendly. The client had to either print it out and handwrite their answers or try to edit it digitally which often resulted in lost data. When we switched to IntakeQ it simplified the process for our clients and almost immediately, we noticed an increase in response time. IntakeQ is user-friendly, so even our older clients, who may not be as comfortable using a computer, seem to have an easy time filling out our survey. We switched over six months ago and will never go back to our old system.

Pros
I like how easy it is to create the intake form and how easy it is to edit it.

Cons
I have had clients complain that they lose their password, or they log it from a different link (because sometimes I send two or three emails before they respond) and then their data isn't there. It seems that if they type an email that has already been entered into the system that they should be prompted to re-enter a form they already started or prompted with a password reminder

Mary Thomas

Good value!

Reviewed 2016-12-01

we are using IntakeQ for our intake paperwork only. We are definitely seeing an increase in clients filling out paperwork before their first appointment. I like the new features added especially the analytics. We have had a few glitches with some clients not being able to submit their paperwork and there really was never a resolution. It may have been an issue with their own computer. overall we have been very pleased with the way things have been going. I have been able to make changes to documents myself and that has been very helpful. We have added staff and I have added names. I have had to add options to documents and the interface has been very user-friendly. Customer service has been very helpful and responsive in reopening a clients file so they could finish filling out their paperwork.

Pros
User-friendly, easy to search.

Cons
some of the glitches where clients haven't filled out forms completely or haven't been able to submit.

lntakeQ

Reviewed 2019-01-28

I really like IntakeQ and I love being able to have organized information of my clients. It saves time by sending completed forms right to their file.

Pros
Working in the Mental Health field, we need software that is HIPAA compliant, but also reasonable in price. IntakeQ offers both!!! It also has a sleek design that looks professional. Auto-save is also a life saver. I have had several notes lost due to internet cutting out. Notes take a while and not having to redo them makes life so much easier. Customer service is friendly and always there to help whenever things may go wrong.

Cons
One thing I would like is that if you click on a Client's name, then it would take you to their home page. An app would also be beneficial since the forms don't convert well to phones.

Anonymous

Exceptional customer service, clean/professional forms & nothing but positive feedback from patients

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Really impressed with IntakeQ. The online forms have allowed our practice to operate smoothly and efficiently from the very beginning. We have always felt valued as a customer too, which isn't necessarily easy to come by these days.

Pros
As a practice in our first year of business, IntakeQ really helped us get started on the right foot. Creating all of our forms from the very beginning with IntakeQ has truly made a positive impact on our patient experience. Collaborating with the customer service team makes the design process enjoyable, they are always available and incredibly helpful! Patients have appreciated being able to complete the forms via cell phone and they like that progress is saved as they go. We haven't had a single negative review about IntakeQ from our patients. I am glad that we found IntakeQ and I strongly recommend IntakeQ to any practices looking to be paperless and utilize online intake forms.

Cons
Can't think of any cons to IntakeQ, although at first I wasn't sure if we needed it since we were just starting out as a solo practice. Not the case! The cost is definitely worth it, no questions asked. Between the dedicated customer service team and positive patient feedback, I can't imagine our office opening a year ago without IntakeQ.

M. Victoria Albina, FNP-C, MPH

Excellent product - highly recommend

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Intake forms are a snap to create, change, edit and send to patients/clients - could NOT be easier. And their service of uploading and formatting for you is SO affordable and easy.

Pros
Easy layout, intuitive, simple with lots of options to do more complex work with it, constantly being upgraded and improved. Customer service is STUPENDOUS! They're fast, quick, kind, polite, thoughtful - really just top notch. Truly could not recommend more!

Cons
It would be cool if there was an app, but it's not a big deal to keep a direct link to the website on my phone - super simple and takes 2 seconds to access on the go

Heather Van Dyken

staff and patients love it! helps expedite our patient appointments and flow

Reviewed 2017-11-07

see review - :)

Pros
I like that our patients can fill this out in the quietness of their homes, it helps my staff prepare for a busy day by entering the patient's information ahead of time, and patients tend to be more thorough with their answers if they have time to complete the questionnaires at home. IntakeQ is always adding new features which is great too. Not all of them apply to how we use the software, however, they are always innovating and improving.

Cons
I wish the forms integrated with our EMR (electronic medical records) software so we didn't have to manually enter the data - but the functions and ability to get the patient's information before they come in outweighs this obstacle.

Kristin French

We love Intake Q.

Reviewed 2019-04-10

Very POSITIVE.

Pros
We use this for Consent forms, Treatment notes and other client information, the program is easy to set up use and very affordable.

Cons
Nothing I really dislike but I would like to see some additional features... I would love a kiosk mode that is more clean and simplified (brandable) for when clients are filling out information on an ipad in our office... And a way to color code the blocks on the left bar where they are either green for intake forms or blue for notes... I would love to assign colors based on the form being used.

Dave Ebaugh

I was looking for an online solution for my paperwork for a long time. Intakeq is so perfect!

Reviewed 2017-06-15

This software saves me time and makes it easy to retrieve contact information and consent forms for my patients.

Pros
My clients love being able to fill out their paperwork on their smartphone, tablet or laptop. I love knowing that once I electronically sign the forms they are securely and confidentially stored. They were so helpful in getting my forms set up and even inputted them for me from a PDF. The price is very reasonable and is more that offset by the time I save if I had to handle printouts, scan and then file forms in compliance with HIPAA requirements.

Cons
The scheduling software is nice, but the scheduler doesn't commnicate with my google calendar or even the calendar in my practice management software.