Practice Mate Logo

Practice management software for healthcare organizations

Practice Mate Reviews

Suggested alternatives

athenaclinicals
nextgen-ambulatory-ehr
power-diary

The ease of use for electronic medical billing is my favorite thing about Office Ally Practice Mate. I am able to do an entire weeks worth of medical billing in only a few minutes.
Access To help and software is very intuitive. Overall it's a great program with many great features.
I love how user friendly it is. Our schedule is color coordinated which makes it so easy for staff.
Had trouble with the practice management area which I tired briefly.
And prescribing medication is not an option. I had many problems with checking eligibility as well.
We've called several times to fix it over the last 6 months, and they just say "We are working on it" and refuse to give an estimated time to fix it.

JW

Josh W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Practice Mate works great in my office

Practice Mate keeps my office organized, it is easy to use from my work computer or my cell phone, and the customer service is top notch!

Pros

Practice Mate covers all of my needs for my chiropractic office. It takes time to train employees in on it, like any other product, but it's very easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

I have appointment times that are 15 minutes and also 30 minutes, but I'm only able to pick one time slot for all of my appointments. I use the 15 minute slot and have to remember not to schedule people immediately after a 30 minute slot, since the reminder only uses a 15 minute slot. Otherwise, I have no problems with Practice Mate.

Thank you Josh for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

RV

Roberta V.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Great system for my needs!

Pros

The billing and claim processing features are easy to use and what I need the most. As an older adult, I am not very "tech savvy" and once I learned the system, have found Practice Mate very easy to use to maintain the administrative needs for my practice.

Cons

I wish that more insurance providers that I utilize were affiliated with PracticeMate.

Thank you Regina for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

VM

Vicky M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

You get what you pay for.

It's okay, works decent for small practices, I use it for my billing business of over 30 individual providers.

Pros

It's cheap and I have been using it for years so I know how to get around in it. Although it is not as cheap as it used to be and I am contemplating moving to a different system due to the expense growing. For what I pay monthly, I could be on a much better system.

Cons

Clumsy features. Auto posting is not great. Would love to see the visit, the subsequent claim, the eob all in the patient file. The aging report is horrendous. The collection report is closer but still a mess.

SM

Sarah M.

I appreciate it.

Pros

It is user friendly -- the practice videos are great and very helpful in setting things up-- once everything is set up, it flows pretty easily.

Cons

When there is a problem, it is a lot to sort out, but that is often with the insurance company, not practice mate.

Thank you for the complimentary review. We am very glad that you are enjoying the product. We would like to highlight a few of our customers whose usage of Office Ally products have positively impacted their healthcare practice. We plan to create one or more case studies or testimonials that can be publicly accessible on our website. If you are willing to talk to us about your experience and be considered for highlight, visit https://info.officeally.com/case-study-testimonial-interest to complete an online form. I will then get in touch to schedule a suitable time for a phone discussion.

jn

josef n.

Value and Ease

Ease, reliability and a strong commitment to better the technology.

Pros

Although it began as free, it has maintained a very low monthly fee relative to usage. It is the best and most user-friendly program of its kind - ever. It is a shining light in a world where software companies seek advantage over end users. Practice Mate/Ally has always been fair to its users - not only fair but generous.

Cons

You will get no criticism from me - a total fan of the product.

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

SC

Sik Chi C.

Acupuncturist

Easy to retrieve the recent billings I sent out earlier. I don't need to retype the patient records again once the new patient record is set up.

Pros

It is convenient, user-friendly, free and easy to learn billing system. Ever since I use Practice Mate, I don't even need to mail or buy 1500 Form most of the time. It saves my lots of postage as well as money to buy the 1500 Forms.

Cons

Fee if not careful. Non par > par in ratio.Can't retrieve all billing records especially long time ago.

Thank you Sik Chi for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

DB

Diane B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Would never use another billing service

I learned gradually, and do individual tutoring, which got me started. Gradually, I do all functions from scheduling to claims production, and account management with statements. I would have way more overhead if I could not have learned of this program.

Pros

I've been using Practice Mate since 2009, and can't imagine using a billing service for my lone provider billing needs.

Cons

It has gotten really big, and I'm not sure it would be easy to learn all features. I joined when it was still small, and felt managable. I stopped looking for answers in the users manual because it is so big and detailed I get lost in the terminology. So, I just fill out a help ticket, and wait for the answer.

Thank you Diane for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

SM

Stephanie M.

Practive Mate Review

Overall, very pleased with the service.

Pros

Real Time Claim Status is accurate and helpful for tracking payments. Also, billing feature tells you when there is missing information so you can make corrections prior to submitting bill.

Cons

I do not like the new version. It is not as comprehensive and does not have the Real Time Claim Status feature (at least not yet).

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

CM

Christina M.

Practice Mate Billing Review

My overall experience has been great. I’ve encouraged other private practice practitioners to use it as well!

Pros

I find the platform incredibly easy to use. When I was first learning, customer service was responsive and helpful, but I haven’t had to utilize this in years. I only bill HCFA claims, but I love the ease and simplicity of it!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about Practice Mate.

TN

Tammy N.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great program for mental health practice!

Overall, I really like it and have used it at two practices.

Pros

I love the ease of scheduling appointments and checking clients in so that it can be easily and directly billed.

Cons

I don't like the fact that all the practitioners can see each others reports. So if we all have access to our own reports, we have access to all other providers as well.

PC

Paul C.

Practice Mate Review

excellent

Pros

I can easily do my own billing at almost no cost

Cons

none

Thank you for the complimentary review. We am very glad that you are enjoying the product. We would like to highlight a few of our customers whose usage of Office Ally products have positively impacted their healthcare practice. We plan to create one or more case studies or testimonials that can be publicly accessible on our website. If you are willing to talk to us about your experience and be considered for highlight, visit https://share.hsforms.com/1p2G3uhOLRIifEl31I6kpQwdj9wf to complete an online form. I will then get in touch to schedule a suitable time for a phone discussion.

AF

Angela F.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Practice Mate is a very useful tool.

My overall experience has been good.

Pros

I appreciate the scheduling features and ability to have patients fill out intake documents online and keep them in their patient record. It also makes filing claims and tracking payments/accounts a breeze. I have found their customer service to be good and their scheduled training sessions to be Extremely helpful, especially in the areas of accounting and filing secondary claims.

Cons

Unfortunately I do not receive an alert that I have a new message in the patient portal so I have to remember to check many times through out my busy day. Also, there is no way for me to securely send messages with attachments to others in our practice- only to patients.

CP

Carolyn P.

One Stop Shop for Claims and Accounts Receivable

Great way to track payments from payors and patients alike.

Pros

Most of our payors pay us through Practice Mate, it's quick, convenient, the tech support is good and they will back you up if a payor tries to ding you for Timely Filing and you did submit the claim on time.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives. It meets all of my needs.

Thank you Carolyn for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

KK

Kristy K.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Important tool for my practice.

Using Practice Mate makes my administrative tasks easy. Billing and scheduling, client management.

Pros

The ease of use with calendar and billing

Cons

would be great to have access to BIRP format notes in clients files with drop down options to make note writing easy

RP

Regina P.

All in One Service

I have been a happy customer since 2017 and have recommended Practice Mate to colleagues.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of navigating from tab to tab, the ability to scan and store documents, and the seamless transmission of claims.

Cons

The posting of payments could be streamlined.

GL

Gilian L.

Great product, I've used it since 2015

I've been very happy and will continue to use Practice Mate, the price is great and it's comprehensive. It connects to the clearing system, which is great.

Pros

It covers everything and the cost is great, there is no cost. I run everything through Practice Mate, I do my aging, I do everything.

Cons

It's hard to say because it's pretty comparable to other systems that are considerably more expensive.

SB

Sherryl B.

Practice Manager

work flow, calendar usage, financial tracking.

Pros

Easy to use reliable, great help from customer service.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. There isn't anything that don't dislike.

SA

Stephen A.

Very useful, incredible support

I primarily create claims and manage billing with PracticeMate

Pros

Once it is set up, very easy and simple to use

Cons

I think the most frustrating thing about PracticeMate are due to the necessities of compliance than product failures

MN

Mazyar N.

Love this program

Works great for my practice!

Pros

Very easy to use. This is a very friendly program.

Cons

Nothing at all. It works great for my chiropractic needs. This is a very friendly program.

Thank you Mazyar for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

qz

qinghui z.

Appointment and billing

Good

Pros

Appointment integrated with billing and can be sent to many payers.

Cons

no Chinese characters support and the insurance payment can't link to the billed visits automictically.

AG

Anna G.

sharing

meets by basic needs

Pros

cost, availability, assess and use by many colleagues

Cons

not very comprehensive or easy to use. Search mechanism is not quite sofisticated

Thank you for the review. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience further. If you are interested, please reach out to us.

ML

Mayra L.

Dr. Lozada

Pros

User friendly and excellent practice management tools

Cons

No cons. I would highly recommended. 100%

Thank you Mayra for the complimentary review. I am very glad that you are enjoying the product. I would be very interested in hearing more about (and possibly highlighting) your experience. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

CP

Carol P.

Good Value

If you are a smaller practice, this should work good for you especially with the low price.

Pros

Does all your billing and scheduling. Very rarely have issues with denied claims. Catches mistakes we make before being sent out. Low cost. Does phone, text, and email reminders.

Cons

Can't manually send out text reminders. Can't link reminder system to a phone number, uses a random phone number. A little bit of a learning curve and sometimes slow loading pages. System can't hold large files. Only will show 100 patients, have to deactivate patients to see the full list. The program needs work, but they have been updating it.

PS

Phil S.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Calendaring and connection to Office Ally for insurance processing

Pros

I have used this service for nearly 8 years and have loved it for the calendar and insurance processing for insurance claims for my patients and clients.

Cons

They recently changed to charge for certain insurance companies an extra fee which has made the service more expensive than it was for the original 7 years. I am considering moving all this over to TherapyNotes to submit my insurance claims because I am a small practice.

JR

Jesus R.

Amazing billing set up

Pros

It's real easy to do billing here. Everything is well organized and I love how it connects to EHR. It makes it easy to look up patients information and uploads without having to switch over to EHR.

Cons

Sometimes I still get lost here. A better layout for all the tabs and functions could be implemented, but the way it is right now isn't too bad.