Guesty Logo
Guesty

Running a rental business is hard. Guesty makes it easy.

visit website

Guesty Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend9.01/10

See full reviews by rating

Working with them has been great - they are collaborative, constantly improving their product, and have provided us with great customer service.
In special I would like to mention they have a great support department which will help you in any way possible.
We love that the guesty professionals help us at night answering our clients needs. The platform is easy to use and we have been extremely happy with it.
Honestly, worst software and worst customer service experience of my life, and I used to have AT&T. I would strongly advise people to run for the hills.
Really it is a joke of a company and if you know anything about software you will see how weak it is and how it provides no where close to the value it charges you for.

Guesty users...

Kigo-logocaret

Kigo

Hospitable.com-logocaret

Hospitable.com

How would you rate Guesty?

Nightmare of a Software Experience - stay away / False Advertising

If you are like me, of course you need a solution. I was misled by the marketing and sales team to sign up here, and misled by biased 'comparison' web pages on the internet that are optimized enough to bring everything to the forefront. I have built my lil airbnb biz to 150k/year plus ( gross, not net ) in less then a year, and as a software engineer, I know good software when I see it. I have...

Pros

The chat with customers feature worked well.

Cons

- False promises by the sales reps - Glitchy software - If you try to import your Airbnb listings, it will erase all of your 'linked listings' rules - which are there to prevent double bookings, AND NOT TELL YOU - so you will be immediately exposed to double booking if you are using this feature. Even https://tokeet.com/ was wise enough to put a note in there. - If you try to set it up yourself...

Excellent Software, Terrible Support

Overall: The software is good, and integrations are good. Not the best, as many are far better in some respects. The customer service is absolutely terrible. The worst I've ever experienced. I've had almost 3,000 AirBnB guests, and talking to them makes me feel like my worst guests as I get repeatedly frusturated at the support team, and feel like i'm not being helped or taken care of. Guesty charges...

Pros

Guesty has a great intuitive platform. It has all of the features that you'd expect, and they all work fairly well. The feature sets are fine, though they may be found on other platforms, but what you pay for is the integrations. Guesty integrates with nearly all software that you'd expect or want it to. Their chat feature is the most mature, and the best part of the software, but automated messaging leaves much to be desired. It is not possible to set up automated message without customer support (in most cases). Team management and listing management both work as expected, and are a pleasure to work with. The software is definitely among the most developed in the industry.

Cons

Overall Guesty attempts to be good at all things, and master of none. There are numerous softwares that do individual things far better, like automation, messaging, cleaning team management. Overall the worst part of the experience of Guesty was the support system. While all softwares use live help nowadays, you have to submit manual tickets to guesty. There is no phone line to call, and you can't...

Great if you only want to be on Airbnb

We needed automated messaging and we needed to get out to other channels besides Airbnb. Their mobile apps are sad and ineffective for our team members, so we go some messaging automation help but no help for our team really communicating. Team members can't communicate directly with any messaging only tasking tools that didn't work according to the permission matrix Guesty published. If you have...

Pros

Automated messages are great and the multi-calendar is nice. These seem to be the only features that are completely reliable.

Cons

We naively took a recommendation from someone to use Guesty and had a hard time discovering other options out there. Do more research. There are four excellent options that are roughly 40-75% cheaper. The price for this platform is absurd. Tools rarely work as promised. They are not a true channel manager. They only integrate with airbnb and booking.com, but they've been promising "coming soon" for...

Guesty is exactly what we need

I would recommend them to anyone in the short term rental business. Nobody gives customer service like they do, so you will never be left hanging. The software is truly amazing, and they update it based on the customer experience, and that is very noticeable. They want to know what we like, and what we do not like, and the execute perfectly every time. This is a customers product, and a genuine company. I love them dearly. They have become my family.

Pros

I really like how we can apply automatic messages, integrate them with an OTA so that I do not have to worry about informing each guest that books with me. The option to view a mutlicalendar is really helpful. The integrations with other software/ tools such as dynamic pricing and smart locks really bakes this whole project together.

Cons

The time it takes to understand the automations, and updating them properly without making big mistakes.

Guesty

Overall I am very happy with Guesty.

Pros

Seems to be the most powerful calendar management software I could find. Best feature is their GCS service. Also synchronization to Rentals United as well as the ability to publish listings directly from software into channels like booking.com etc.

Cons

User interface isn't great. Also only way to contact customer service is via email. (They are pretty good with responding)

Comprehensive Channel Manager

Guesty is a very comprehensive channel manager. The support guys took us through 4 onboarding calls, screen sharing to show us the main features and get us up and running. We now have bookings coming in and can automate the messages to guests. Highly recommend.

Pros

Guesty can do everythng you need from a Channel Manager, and more. The automation ranges from blocking out a listing after a booking, to automated messages to guests & cleaners, reports on booking, etc. Once we have several listings, we will take advantage of the advance features like Yield Management (price setting) and the Guesty Communication Service (GCS - 24x7 answering service).

Cons

It's a little tricky and unituitive in places, but you eventually get the hang of where everything lives/

Expensive for the HUGE lack of Customer service. There is no phone number to get support.

Not good at all. Couldn't tell you much about my experience with the employees other than a bunch of random names on emails.

Pros

It has an easy format to use, when things work.

Cons

The customer service part for me is the hands down the WORST part of this system. their "help" are tickets that are answered by random employees. Lets say you put a ticket request for something you may well have over 4 employees answering the "ticket" . Its hands down the worse. There is NO PHONE NUMBER, there is zero service over the phone. IF you are having a huge issue like I did with a merge...

Guesty is simple the best out there.

I never review anything but i was compelled to review because they have taking my business to unlimited possibility. I have been working with Guesty since late 2017 and i couldn't imagine running a vacation rentals business without them! I looked into other platforms from time to time but none of them can compete with Guesty! I would highly suggest working with them.

Pros

One of the best attribute they company has is they are coming out with new content constantly that make it even better for me the customer.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit much but they help you get on your feet. I have been with them for 2 years and i still have questions, they are right there to help me get the most out of the software.

Amazing Software!

Pros

Guesty is a large part of our operations. Our entire team uses Guesty on a regular bases. It allows for us to manage all of our listings and reservations in one place. It is very simple to use, and is straight forward to set up. When we have any questions, their support team is very quick to respond and is always there to help!

Cons

There are features of the software that we hope will continue to develop. The majority being additional customization to the financials feature, such as; adding tax to reservations that are not considered taxable; and accepting ACH as a payment method.

Oversold and Underdelivered

I've implemented dozens of software from Salesforce to Hubspot to phone systems and everything in between, I've never seen an onboarding process so poorly designed. I've also never worked with the leadership team that took such little accountability for their product/service.

Pros

The concept is great. The execution is among the worst I've seen. The one thing they have going is the Zapier integration, because it makes getting data into other systems easier than the competition. That said it's limited and I've heard they want to start charging for API access (not sure if that's a reality or not).

Cons

The integrations with the OTAs are pretty terrible. The system is overly buggy/poorly designed. The onboarding is even worse than the software. All of that said, the leadership is the root to the problem. I reached out to leadership multiple times when I felt like they missed deadlines or provided incomplete directions that caused a ton of unneeded work on our end. Every time I reached out, the leadership team either overpromised and underdelivered or they basically said it wasn't their fault. They never owned up to bugs/design flaws and always passed the buck.

Streamline your property management with all the tools you wish distribution channels had

Guesty is a life saver. Before Guesty, we were juggling between four different accounts and several documents where we'd keep stored messages, setting alarms to go off all throughout the day to send responses and instructions to guests, etc. Enter Guesty: from the beginning, their customer service was incredible at answering all of our questions and guiding us through the software in a friendly, efficient manner. They're very responsive to any customer support questions we've had and provide a tool that's truly indispensable. Couldn't recommend them highly enough to property managers who are trying to get all of their online property management organizational needs under control.

Pros

Highly responsive customer support, consolidated inbox, automated procedures (messaging, pricing, etc.) , customizable tools, and shareable calendars.

Cons

The reporting tools are a little kludgy and the receptionist service wasn't quite aggressive enough for us from a sales perspective.

Big Fan Of Guesty

Guesty saves me tons of time. I own and manage 24 cabins with my wife. Guesty is just so good. I can't really say it enough. Just when you think they can't, they add another super cool integration/feature. I am genuinely excited about the future. I love Guesty.

Pros

Easy to use Robust Outstanding staff and support Tons of great features Always adding great features Guesty is not settling. They are striving to stay on top of this fast moving market and they are excelling. I've tried other well known PMSs and Guesty crushes the competition.

Cons

Nothing that I haven't heard isn't on the way soon. Not much to complain about. Truly a gamechanging PMS.

Guesty Experience

Again, it was very helpful in my transformation, but once I understood the concept of PMS's, OTA's, Online Card Processors, and Channel Managers, I saw better options available and do not regret moving on.

Pros

It served it's purpose. Overall, it helped operate my vacation rental business and transform us from a referral rental business to incorporating OTA's into our business and managing channel management online.

Cons

The cost. It got overwhelming and seemed to be swallowing up a lot of profits. Customer service was slow as well. If I needed an issue resolved, it was always addressed in the next day or two. A business like ours needs answers for our guests immediately.

Customer Friendly platform

I would definitely recommend Guesty to anyone in our industry. We have been approached by few other PMS but not once it crossed our minds to switch to a competitor as we are fully satisfied with the product and the team!

Pros

Guesty is not only one of the most reliable software but also a very easy one to use. The team is always trying to innovate in order to make our workflow faster and easier. We even had the chance to pilot some new innovation with their development team which makes you feel listened.

Cons

Perhaps sometimes the time to to get in touch with the customer service on the chat.

great product

Pros

i really enjoy using guesty, it enabled me to take my company to the next level professionally and is one of the key tools i needed in order to grow

Cons

glitchy sometimes, especially with the cleaning tasks

Guesty services have been invaluable for our business

We have been using Guesty since April 2018 and I have to say that Guesty has helped us to organize, eliminate overbookings, and easily funnels bookings to one central location which makes it so user friendly. The support is there when we need it. Guesty has provided invaluable service to our business.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. Before choosing Guesty, we tested various other PMS options but often felt overwhelmed by their software. We are new to this industry and I felt it would be helpful to have additional training, Guesty was more than happy to arrange until I felt completely comfortable with their product. Love the analytics, has been very helpful in tracking revenue by channel and overall progress.

Cons

It took awhile for me to understand the terminology as this is a new field for me. I think staff were extremely gracious in helping me to understand and provide support when needed.

Service & Product cant be beat!

Pros

Ease of use is the best part. A bit of functionality but their customer service managers will guide you the whole step of the way. They are a growing business so they continue to improve and add new features that are helpful to every day operations for us. Peta is outstanding and our monthly communications are key to our partnership. Customer support and service are quick to reply and always have your best interest.

Cons

You pay for what you get. Although it may be costly, cutting edge technology is what you will receive.

Overall Great Tool for Management of Multiple Properties

Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a joy to work with. She really helps us stay ahead of the curve and provides lots of value outside of the Guesty software.

Pros

I love using this to manage our properties. We are able to have centralized communication, ease of seeing the properties, scheduling of payments, and much more. It also continues to evolve over time.

Cons

There are a couple of features from the desktop that I am sure will make its way to the mobile app, but currently are not there. They continue to add more features monthly which I do enjoy.

A must have for any vacation reservation management company

Guesty allowed us to expand to more OTAs than we were previously able to manage. Thanks to Guesty we have been able to grow our business in tremendous ways.

Pros

Guesty's platform is very user friendly and easy to use. Guesty features a unified inbox to communicate with guests on all channels and it supports numerous automated features that save our team loads of time on a daily basis. From auto-reviews to auto-messages, such as welcome letters and owner notifications, we are able to spend more time focusing on guests and clients and less time on manually sending out emails and notifications.

Cons

The analytics information could be easier to gather. However, I know this is on their roadmap to improve. There are other various smaller issues, but Guesty's support team is quick to respond and implement changes to meet the needs of our business and others.

Amazing PMS Review (2+ years of using it)

Fantastic organization and Tamar (Customer Success Manager) is great!

Pros

Being able to have a holistic view or my calendar, earnings, performance etc... my favorite thing about this software is the automation and the amount of customization that you can do with automation.

Cons

No problems anymore! 2 years ago there were some bugs in their integration with different travel platforms but since then they have fixed everything I had a problem with.

Working with Guesty..

Overall, very good. Been on the Guesty platform since Oct 2020 and have adapted very well. There are more functions Guesty provides that I have not used yet but hoping to use in the upcoming months

Pros

Use it daily, and it does the job. Our contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great as he is very quick in getting back to us and answering any questions we may have.

Cons

Like any software there can always be glitches , small thing here and there but overall the system works. Nothing to make you not want use the Guesty Software as your Channel Manager.

Hi Carlos, Thank you so much for your partnership with Guesty. We are always happy to hear that our team is servicing you well and are able to answer all of your questions. Please continue to reach out to us with any inquiries. Looking forward to a long business partnership with you and Furnished Housing. Regards, The Guesty Customer Success Team

Great software!

Since we use Guesty, we are working far more efficiently. We can now focus on sales instead of solving problems that are related to the connection with the booking channels or to reservations. I would certainly recommend Guesty.

Pros

What I like best from Guesty is that the integration of accounts is going very smooth. The system has a lot of features and it takes some time to learn how to use them all, but Guesty has a great onboarding team and is really spending a lot of time to help their clients to get onboarded. Every features in the system has a "learn more" button, so if you don't remember how it works just click the button and you can read the explanation. Also the support is fantastic. Guesty answers really quick and the support team is very kind and helpful.

Cons

The calendar for clients is very limited. It only shows availability, but no guest names or number of guests, which should be basic information. The multi calendar is not standard available for clients. There is a way though to give your clients permission to the multi calendar, but with this permission you also allow your clients to be be able to change prices and block dates, which is absolutely not recommendable.

Really recommended for those looking into property management especially short term stay!

I would recommend anyone this software as it really systemized the whole process of short term stay management.

Pros

I specially like how it does reach out to guests upon their arrival and to remind them of their reservations, it has helped made good reputation on my small start up.

Cons

Slow response from support sometimes, but its worse for other software.

Hi John, Thank you for your review. We absolutely love that our message automation has helped you grow your start-up's reputation. We know how important that is! Your feedback will also be passed on to the relevant teams to assist in bettering your experience further. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time. Regards, The Guesty Customer Success Team

incomparably the best

Pros

I manage several short term rental apartments since 2015, I have tried several management software (PMS and Channel Manager), but for more than 2 years I have been using Guesty software, I can say that it is the best, I never had any problem with them, and even when there is, it is settled in a few hours, it never leaves a ticket without solution and improve their system every month with new features

Cons

nothing everything is really on top thank you very much

I couldn't do it without Guesty!

Guesty is the core of my rental business because they take all my reservations and the software allows me to manage them from there. It's easy to use, constantly developing, and an amazing tool for anyone looking to scale their short-term rental business.

Pros

I have been using Guesty almost since the very beginning I began investing in short-term rentals. There is no way that I would have been able to scale the way I have without them!

Cons

in the beginning it was a little slow to add new features but things have been speeding up