Innago Logo
Innago

Manage Rentals Better. For Free. Start Saving Time & Money.

visit website

Innago Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.7/10

Reviews by rating

I like the fact there is a very slick looking app for tenants. This helps me provide a more enjoyable and professional experience for them.
I was elated to find Innago - it's exactly what I was looking for, and I was amazed that it was basically free to use for the property manager.
Love the idea of being able to do everything we need on one site, screen tenants, input or upload lease agreements and accept payments. For a beginner investor this app has worked great.
I manage 60 tenants with fairly high turnover. After trying out several other companies and being disappointed when it comes to customer service or features I finally can across INNAGO.
I sometimes find it confusing when adding late fees to different types of leases.
Occasionally, the product adds a new feature that is hard to understand at first. Also, sometimes a delay in rent entering my bank account.

ND

Noelle D.

Property Manager

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

User friendly and an easy way to communicate with tenants

Transcript

Noelle: Hi. My name's Noelle. I work in accounting for Planet Remodeling. And I give Innago a five out...

BC

Brandi C.

Artist/ owner

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Great Inexpensive Management Software Program.

Transcript

Brandi: My name is Brandi. I am the owner of my rental property and management company. I have anywhere...

Thank you Brandi! So glad to hear Innago has been helpful! We'll keep working to make it even better.

Melissa J.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Dependable and streamlined property management platform

I love that Innago sends automated emails to my tenants when rent is due. If rent is overdue and a late payment fee is added per the lease agreement, having Innago send it rather than me contacting the tenant makes it much more professional and impartial. My tenants are paying on average 5 days earlier than before I implemented Innago. This is all at no cost to me! This is a piece of software that makes sense for any commercial or residential landlord that would appreciate a more professional and transparent interaction with their clients.

Pros

The most impactful features that Innago gave me include:- Easy to maintain and view rent payment status from all tenants- Optional online rent payment from tenants at no cost to me- Automatic email reminders for rent / other charges due- Storage of lease files- Ability to pre-schedule rent increases per the lease in place.- Platform for tenant and landlord to communicate including online lease signing/lease storage, maintenance requests and repair resolution.

Cons

I would like the ability to preview communications /invitation with the prospective tenant prior to sending it so that I can make sure it is correct. I would like a feature for the tenant name field to have an alternative field for 'business name' rather than First Name and Last Name.

AC

Adam C.

Owner/Operator - Impressed!

Very happy. If there was an issue, the tech support reached out within an hour. I would even get responses on a Sunday. The customer service has been stellar overall.

Pros

The side menu on this software makes it easy to navigate for all users who are tech savvy or not. I really enjoy the automation Innago provides for rental payment collection. Many of my tenants have expressed how satisfied they are on their end. 93% of my tenants have happily switched to Innago. Additionally it is FREE to landlords which is very appealing to those who are not on a large enterprise level of units.

Cons

Currently there is no iOS app available to landlords - only tenants.

Thanks Adam! iOS app for landlords incoming soon!

zf

zach f.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Value driven for small business or personal rentals

Can they make you a website? Yes, they can. Can you Ensign contracts etc? Yes, can sign leases online. Free Online applications. Rolled out in next 30 days. Tenant screening? Yes. Partnered with Transunion. Does it publish vacancies? No marketing of units. Doesn’t post to any renting website. App? No app for the phone yet. Tenant communication - only through the portal and/or email them No Owner portal. Only one signal sign on.(can’t have multiple sign ons), but you can set up accounts by owner. Does accounting sync to a bank account? To QBO, and multiple accounts can sync to one QBO, maybe? Renter insurance accountability? Nothing yet. Looking into it.

Pros

I love how their pricing works. It's a free product to use, it only costs you when a client pays through their system. They are definitely for the value driven.

Cons

Only one signal sign on.(can’t have multiple sign ons), but you can set up accounts by owner. If you have multiple owners of different properties in your portfolio, you will need to set up an individual account for each. Hence why it is only good for small business or personal rentals. They don't have a lot of the features other software's like it has, but it has the core main few.

Thanks for the feedback, Zach! As you pointed out, we take pride in being value-driven. So much so that all our features are now 100% free to use for landlords/property managers. We're also happy to say that we now offer multi-user login for our accounts, so different owners can be accommodated. Renters insurance is coming soon as well, so keep an eye out!

EC

Enzo C.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Pretty good and keeps improving

Pros

It makes many aspects of property management easier. We manage tenants, leases, background checks, and payment history in Innago. When we started with Innago, the messaging feature was inefficient so we didn't use, but they have since introduced a better messaging feature. We still don't handle messaging through Innago but will be doing so as units turn over and we bring in new tenants.

Cons

Overall, it's pretty user-friendly, but there can be a slight learning curve when getting set up and creating a new lease for the first time. The more you use Innago, the more it you get past that learning curve.

GG

Gil G.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Best online property management

Great experience, they have great advanced tools, very good customer service, much better than competitors. Need some improvement on reports but the advantages easily shadow any missing features which are not critical.

Pros

features it has that can be customized and configured according to your lease terms, highly customizable and at the same time provides you with automatic processes such as for charging late fees, ability to upload documents, send reminders and much more.

Cons

I am missing a landlord app!!! in 2022 such a service should have an app for landlords!!! I would have liked to see them improve on history of payments and on flexibility for applying payments to invoices in case a tenant pays in one lump sum for several invoices. Another thing is an option to send a tenant a reminder about his entire debt not just per invoice. Also, need to improve on ease of creating invoices or reminders, if you are already viewing a certain tenant or property have that one selected as default instead of the need to start selecting. Also need better alerts for maintenance requests by tenants, but I assume this will be improved if a landlord app is introduced.

RC

Robert C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Beats paying massive amounts of money to quick books.

Pros

The ACH feature works great for tenant that don't want to stand in line at the bank or pay me directly.

Cons

I wish there was more accounting features than just expense tracking, but at that point you're getting into the lane of quick books or other accounting software.

Hi Robert, we appreciate your review! Happy to see that you're saving more by not paying massive amounts to quick books. If you need more assistance on our accounting features, please contact us at support@innago.com

PB

Peggy B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

I like what I see so far.

The support is HIGHLY responsive and extremely supportive in explaining and troubleshooting. It's way beyond the support I get from my current company.

Pros

This software does a lot, I like the invoicing system that allows me to tailor specific billing for the tenants for the regular payments as well as special payments and assessments that arise from time to time.

Cons

It's a little slow to load and I have to jump around to a lot of different sections to get the info I need. Better to have a tenant/property page with just that tenant's information there for a good view of what's going on with that tenant/property without distractions from other tenant/properties at the same time.

We appreciate the feedback, Peggy. For now, the best way to view a tenant's information is directly through the "tenants" tab. There you can find all the information associated with any individual renter. Feel free to reach out to the support team if there's anything we can help out with!

GA

Graciela A.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great tool for landlords who want to self-manage

I started using Innago when I decided to transition out of using a property manager into self-managing and it helped make the process as seamless as possible. I uploaded my lease template and my tenants signed electronically. Invoices and late fees are automated, and interface is friendly and intuitive. The product is great, but the best part about using Innago is the excellent customer service - I've always received prompt responses to my inquiries and it's easy to ask questions to a live person if needed.

Pros

I appreciate Innago's flexibility in features - I was able to apply different settings to not only different properties but different units within the same property based on the terms of the different leases (late fees, etc.). Being able to have my tenants sign their lease electronically through Innago is also a huge benefit for me.

Cons

I have not had any issues with Innago other than initially when I was only using the website on my iPad and it was slightly less convenient to navigate than if I were using a regular computer.

KE

Kimberly E.

Hospitality, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Impressed with Innago

They have been great with excellent customer service, prompt responses, user friendly system, ease of use and setup, and reasonable payout times

Pros

Their customer service has been great so far. Coming from another service, I was sorely disappointed in that company's customer care and ability to take care of me. I did not feel they could be trusted to process my rent payments. I am so relieved to be with Innago. They have responded back immediately each time I've sent a question, and they processed my rent payments in a reasonable time.

Cons

I haven't found anything I dislike about them. It took a few extra days to get my first rent payment but that's to be expected.

LT

Lynn T.

Easy Setup, Easy to Use

Innago is so easy to use that I can move out a tenant in minutes, and move-in is even faster.

Pros

Setup of the property I manage and the tenants who live there was, without doubt, the easiest I've ever experienced, and Innago is the sixth program I've used in the 20 years I've been a property manager.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative yet. I didn't understand the fee structure at first, but now that I do, I'm only amazed that it took me as long as it did.

Thanks so much, Lynn. We're proud to be the solution in your journey for great property management software! Sometimes the sixth time's the charm..

MP

Mike P.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Best Property Management Software

Pros

Easiest dedicated Portal to understand and use. The tenants communicate with us the landlords through the app by submitting a request. Everything related to the units flow through this portal.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a few seconds for the app to refresh going from option to option.

SM

Srikar M.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

I’m able to track all invoice due and percentages of payments received. Auto apply late payments charges. Lease sign and track maintenance requests. Single source to track all activities.

Pros

Easy to use, I really like invoice generation and payment.

Cons

It takes little long to get payment processed through Innago.

Hey Srikar! Once your bank account is verified, funds should be processed in only 1 business day. Feel free to reach out to your Innago representative if you're having any issues. We're glad Innago has been helpful for you!

JO

Jesslyn O.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

We only run smoothly because of Innago

We are a property management company that currently manages 200+ rental properties for 40+ investors. We have 3 separate property management agents within our company. We could not do our job smoothly without Innago. We're able to assign specific properties to our 3 different agents, which really helps each agent stay organized and not overwhelmed with the other properties that aren't theirs to handle....

Pros

Top notch customer service Rent payment tracking Automotive reminders Online maintenance requests Credit card payments accepted Affordable Background & Credit checks Multiple deposit accounts allowed

Cons

Nothing! But I trust that if I ever wished Innago had another feature I could mention it to their tech team and they'd figure out how to try to make it happen - Their customer service is that awesome!

Thank you so much, Jesslyn. We really appreciate your positive feedback!

TA

Tim A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Fantastic software and super responsive team

Innago is a very simple solution that manages all the aspects of your real estate rental. We love it!

Pros

Innago is fantastic out of the box for 99% of users. We had a few complexities that no software handled at the time and, after a few conversations with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the changes were made and we had them implemented. This is truly a development team that cares about its customers and is willing (and even better, ABLE) to make the changes that keep this product evolving into an ever-better one.

Cons

As I mentioned, any changes that we asked for were considered and, if possible, implemented. There is nothing not to like.

Thanks Tim, you're the man! We're glad we've been able to provide your suggested improvements, but also grateful for the suggestions. Like many other landlords, you've helped make Innago better ;)

RB

Rose B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Happy Manager

Overall, I'm super happy with it. My tenants are as well! I also have the sense they are willing to make improvements as they are able.

Pros

I love that it has all the features I was looking for in one place, & the fact I could personalize my account, my documents, & my tenants profiles is a bonus. Online signing, storing leases, rental listings, good customer service, no glitches, there's so much to be grateful for (especially the price). My tenants are especially happy with the convenience, as am I. It's a huge upgrade from my last 2 online rent collection platforms.

Cons

It's got everything I need, once I get used to using it. There have been a few tasks I needed help to walk thru & learn how to use each feature. It offers so much, that it can be a a challenge to learn all at once. I think in the future, the site could improve a little on it's intuitiveness, & or provide more instructions videos or site guides for every feature.

Hey Rose, thanks for reviewing us! Thankful that Innago has been a great experience for you. Thanks for letting us know about what we could improve on. We now have a library of videos that will guide you through any issues you may have. Here is a link:https://vimeo.com/showcase/10608085 Please reach out to support@innago.com if you have more questions!

BP

Brittany P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Free property management software with a ton of features!

Pros

The best free property management software that allows you to create and sign leases, screen tenants with background checks, split disbursements of rental payments from multiple properties amount multiple bank accounts as well as integration with tenant search websites such as zillow to provide assistance with filling vacancies. Very easy to use. I manage seven properties shuck include long term rentals as well as my short term renters and traveling nurses and Innago makes my life so much easier.

Cons

I would love to see an update to the mobile app because it takes a bit longer to do things via the app rather than when I’m logged in to the Innago site.

AB

Attallah B.

Better than Cozy

Innago is great I use it for collecting rent. Its free! Wonderful app definitely rivals paid apps.

Pros

I like that the layout is easy to manage. It is easy to keep up on what is owed vs what has been paid. There are many features and they are constantly updating.

Cons

Maybe there can be a section for past tenants what they owe and if you had to evict.

Thanks so much for the review, Attalah!

CJ

Christopher J.

Switched from another system

Pros

Overall, the system is awesome! It did take some getting used to, but that is with every software out there. I have used 3 other systems and will tell you that Innago is the ONLY one that sticks with us for support. The other systems were great during the implementation period, communication was top notch, but then came our day to day use and we would have to submit a trouble ticket and wait sometime 4-5 days for a reply, and even then sometimes it was a link to their FAQ's. We have been using Innago for about 6 months now, and even as late as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I called in and got a real person that handled my question!

Cons

A little time to get used to it, but after that, NO CONS.

Hey Christopher - thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you've had a great experience with our support team! If you ever have any suggestions, feel free to reach out to them and let us know.

SW

Solomon W.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Awesome Software all around

I use the software for both a residential property and a commercial condo association. I was introduced to Innago via a web search and because it was free to me as the landlord of a SFR and that it provided a means of communication with my tenant. Set up was quick, easy and intuitive. I received very good feedback from my tenant as well. The communication with tech support was quick and efficient as well. In a conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Innago, I discovered we could set up an Association as well. It changed the terms such as tenant to owner, rent to dues, etc. We now use it manage our Association as well! Big high-five to the Innago Team, I love the product!

Pros

1. The communion features between us and our tenants and also, in our case, Owners in our Association is awesome. 2. Once the system is set up it's really "set it and forget it" process. 3. It's free to the Landlord...crazy awesome. You get so many features and capabilities for free!?

Cons

If I'm to be picky, I would like to see more ease of use in the invoicing set up. What the system is capable of gets 5 stars. How you have to get it set up I wish was a bit easier. I will say that tech support was quick to help and Innago has regular webinar training so that really helps!

Thanks Solomon! Glad you're loving Innago. We'll definitely take your thoughts on invoicing to heart and see where we can improve.

HS

Heather S.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great tool for a small property owner

As a small scale property owner, Innago allows me to have the technological tools I need at a reasonable price. It’s allowed me to work more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

I own and manage about 20 units of residential rental property and looked at many options to take online payments. I decided on Innago because the price was good for all the features. After using it for just over a year, I’m very happy with the features that I use - online payment, signing leases online, and taking applications online. There was a bit of a learning curve but the support from Innago is very good whenever I had a question.

Cons

The maintenance portal doesn’t really work for me but it’s probably just a preference of how I do things. Setting up online documents to sign is a little challenging until you learn to leave enough space for signatures and such but it’s great to be able to sign documents online.

Hey Heather, thanks for using Innago! We're pleased to see that it's been a great tool for you. Thanks for sharing some of the issues you were having. Email us at support@innago.com. We've updated the site since this review, please reach out to us if this is still an ongoing problem.

WG

Will G.

Military, self-employed

Great product, Great Price

Basically for a few bucks a month instead of a few hundred, you get to look professional, give your tenants and easy platform (they like it so far), and you get quick deposits. I used to have to wait a freaking week with my old company AND I was paying them an outrageous fee. Real talk, I would easily pay more for this software. You all deserve a medal.

Pros

Good, professional interface. The lease creator was easy enough. The money cycle is top notch, and I appreciate all the optionality to match how I wanted the lease to run.

Cons

There were a few kinks/bugs in the set-up, but I'm almost glad because they were tiny and I got to experience the fast, effective, personal, super helpful customer service and that's put my mind at ease for the long term. Things that worked but could work better include being able to adjust how much future tenants pay before they sign the lease, and I'd say sometimes I get a little lost trying to...

Hi Will - Thanks so much for the review. We will happily accept your medal :) And thanks for the suggestion on lease template creation. We're glad it's been easy for you to use, but it's definitely understandable how the extra clicks can add up for longer leases. Hopefully the template feature has saved you time when signing & reusing leases in the meantime.

MW

Michele W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Property management made easy with Innago

Innago is very user friendly. There have been a couple concerns I've had in the past however customer support was very quick to answer them and get everything straightened out for me.

Pros

Our company started using Innago about 8 months ago and we are very pleased with it. We mostly collect rent payments and Innago has helped us organize that process. The customer service is great as well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very quick to answer any questions I have.

Cons

My boss wanted a program that offered a flat monthly fee, as opposed to a percentage of rents collected. This was his least favorite thing.

Glad the process has been very easy for you to use! The platform is free for landlords so let us know if there's any issue with fees as there shouldn't be. Email us at support@innago.com for help there.

RJ

Roycejohns J.

Best Property Management Interface

Fantastic. If I ever have a question, one phone call takes care of that.

Pros

It’s easy to input my tenants information, lease files, and payment information. Technical support is second to none, within seconds I’m talking with the person who manages the software if I have any questions.

Cons

Nothing, it does Exactly what I Need it to do.

Thanks for the review Royce! We really appreciate it. So glad to hear you're liking the system (and support)

TG

Teresa G.

Love this software!!!

Took a bit to learn it but now I am thankful every day to the knowledgeable programmers who decided to do this

Pros

The CS is actually the programmers and they could answer my questions. They also listened to ideas for future fixes. Very knowledgeable!!

Cons

I can’t say there is anything I don’t like about it.

Thanks for the review, Teresa! While we're sad to hear about the tough transition away from your old software, we're glad you found Innago!

DL

Daniel L.

Real Estate, self-employed

Innago - user friendly software packed with tons of features!

Love it. The company is very helpful if any issues or questions do arise!

Pros

Ease of use. I was up and running in a few hours!

Cons

I wish their was an app for the property manager. While the GUI through a phone browser isnt bad, an app would just make it that much better!

Hi Daniel, we appreciate your review! We are pleased that it has been easy to use. There currently is an app that is downloadable in the Google and Apple app store. If you need help getting to that or have more questions please contact us at support@innago.com. Thank you for using Innago!