RMS Cloud Reviews

Pros

Overall dealing with RMS in system wise has been great and Customer service are easy to talk to, friendly, explain things with ease they don't rush you. The team know there system and how to explain.

preeti v.

My overall experience is really good. I've been using RMS for over a year now and I am super comfortable with using this system.

candice m.

Easy on a daily basics and very useful for what we need. And the support team is amazing.

Oana M.

Cons

At present there is a considerable lag and with the changes it can become frustrating.

Tracey S.

Group booking - hate how many clicks. I always struggle with rate setup.

Melissa D.

The program itself hangs constantly and as you need to work on it 12 hours a day its very frustrating and all the while you are paying through the nose.

Danielle B.

One of the Best Reservation softwares!

This has been easy to use and easy to navigate. The support team is literally a click away and has helped get everything set up and switched over from our old system.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate and that there are several different ways to make a reservation, as well as look up a reservation.

Cons

When you sign up for the beta version of the dashboard, it does not allow you to change the location. It stays stuck on somewhere in Florida, which is frustrating when you try to tell the weather to a guest.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing this glowing review of RMS! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the software and finding it easy to navigate. With the beta dashboards, if you click the pencil icon in the top left, that will let you change the weather location. Let us know if this isn't working for you and the team will investigate. -Hayley

My favourite channel manager is present in RMS Cloud

RMS Cloud works as promised and all functionas are quite ok and helpful for our operations. Customer service is above expectations and it is easy to understand the whole system however more OTA integrations are essential.

Pros

As a hotel manager who used nearly the all considerable multiple channel management platforms in the industry, RMS Cloud's channel manager is by far the best one in terms of the functions it provides and the usability. The orientation period of RMS Cloud to the staff that I worked with was really low and they could use it like an expert after 40 minutes of training.

Cons

Altough functions are working great, the number of OTA integrations is still low and needs to be increased. Additionally more languages and the currencies should be supported in management panel which is essential for multi-national operating hotels with multi-national staff like ours.

Hi Baris, thank you for this great feedback, we're so happy to hear that you rated our channel manager as the best you've ever used! We currently offer more than 100 OTA and distribution connections and that number is expanding - if there are any in particular you'd like to connect with, please drop a comment in our suggestion box and we will endeavour to help! More language and currency options are top of our roadmap and will be coming very soon. Thanks!

Heres what I can say.....

So far its been very good. Any issues that affect all their users get taken care of very quickly. I can only remember a handful of outages in the last 2 years. Their support is actually very helpful and get issues resolved. For me as an IT admin ....RMS support is far better than most of my other vendors support team.

Pros

Intuitive, seems to be feature rich and well thought out.

Cons

I dont really use the product.....I am an administrator.

Hi Bob, thank you for this great feedback! So pleased to hear that your staff are enjoying using RMS - we hope it is helping you to streamline your resort's operations. Your comments are very much appreciated - thanks again -Hayley

RMS Training or the lack of!

New to the business 18 months ago and not soo young! we are looking forward to a break however, our biggest worry is leaving the park with someone because of RMS? - I think that we need a package named RMS Lite "Caravan/Holiday Park friendly) and someone to install and train the trainee face to face.

Pros

Once you understand it - it can be useful however, it is impossible to recommend that has you afraid of it!!

Cons

Hard to understand/use and achieve the most out of the programme - lack of one to one training and follow up by the company to support - train and help the users - over the web based training lacks understanding of the trainee - face to face you can see and check for understanding of the trainee. I am sure that more attention is required in this area so that the users can achieve a greater understanding and not be afraid to use the product features ---- please check with other users as I am sure that you will enhance the reputation of your brand and gain far more than loyal users.

Hi Bruce! Thank you for leaving a review, I followed this up with support who let me know they reached out to you and assisted you with your queries. They might have mentioned this, but we'll soon be launching RMS University, a self-paced learning platform that will include a range of modules, from beginner through to advanced. We also have our help centre knowledge base that features articles, visual guides, webinars and videos to help you out with different topics. You can access it here: https://helpcentre.rmscloud.com/ Thanks!

great features, cumbersome to use, set up is a nightmare

As far as managing straight forward reservations, it does the job for us. I can see the potential of numerous features, but it's mostly wasted in our small mom and pop company. If we wouldn't lose our customer history and it wasn't such a pain to migrate our database, I'd find something that is easier for me to use.

Pros

The triggered correspondence and ability to send SMS to our in house guests are great features. Some of the reports are very helpful.

Cons

It's cumbersome to set up, not intuitive, I find it far more difficult to set up new rates or make changes in set up than our previous 2 reservation systems. I'm not techy, and would not recommend it to anyone unless I know they are tech savvy.

Hi Debbie, thank you for leaving an honest review. We're really pleased to hear that you like the triggered SMS capabilities and find that useful in the running of your holiday park. For setting rates, this help centre article explains all the different rate types in a visually appealing, step-by-step way which might be useful to you: https://helpcentre.rmscloud.com/rate-setup/rates-overview The...

Use the software the way you want to.

Pros

Customization of this software is the best I've seen in this industry. If we decide we want to track something new. We can simply add the field. Modify rates on a daily basis, automatically. The customization saves time and gives peace of mind.

Cons

Like all online / network software, they can be slow as data is being pulled across the country / world.

Thanks Mark for your positive feedback! We're thrilled RMS' customization is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your property easier.

Be Patient!

The journey starts with a completely different mindset when using the software compared to other products. Once you have spent the time becoming accustomed to the product, it flows better than what we previously have used. RMS Apartment is our PMS software and our channel manager all in one. Further development will see RMS become the leader in PMS software in my opinion.

Pros

Functionality, cloud based. The layout is user friendly.

Cons

The lack of data conversion from my previous software. The outsourcing of the training to a third party "trainer". The channel manager needs developing and simplifying.

I have very happy with RMS as it meets all my requirements and the support is superior to other channel managers and property management systems

Pros

I find the overall RMS cloud management for my accommodation business to be superior and easier for all staff to use than other property management systems.

Cons

There is nothing that I can condider that I am unhappy with or does not meet my needs. If ever I have a problem it is a connection drop out or the operator (including myself) may need further training using the help menu.

Hi Mel, thank you so much for taking the time to share this wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that RMS is helping your accommodation business thrive and that it meets all your needs. We're a company that is constantly innovating to make life easier for property operators so watch this space for new features and enhancements! We look forward to continuing working with you :)

Happy customer

Pros

just its simplicity and visually everything is in the one screen.

Cons

We are using RMS enterprise and our main issue is we are unable to roll over repeat charges differently at each park one of our parks have residents and their repeat charges need to roll every week our other parks only have annuals and would like to roll over 70 days before due date but we are unable to to this (this was one thing we liked about Newbook)

Hi Jenny, thank you for sharing your RMS experience, we appreciate the feedback. We're so pleased that you are ejoying the simplicity of the system and find it visually appealing - one huge focus for us was enhancing the software so that all relevant information could be captured in one place to save clicking between screens, so we're happy to hear your feedback on that one! Thank you for raising that issue, I have passed it on to our product development team to make them aware. Please reach out to our friendly support team if you have any questions - they are available 24/7 and always happy to help. -Hayley

WE love RMS and wish we had switched sooner!

Overall our experience has been great! All the automation saves us lots of time and makes us look more professional as well.

Pros

We like that it's cloud-based so we can access it from anywhere on any device at any time we choose. It's also very user-friendly for those taking reservations and the ability to easily take online reservations is great.

Cons

Can be a little challenging when making changes in the backend, but if we ever have any issues tech support walks us through it.

Thanks for your positive feedback Josh! We are thrilled RMS is helping your campground reach its full potential. We are glad our user-friendly system is making managing your property easier. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support.

Great Accommodation Management Software!

The dynamic rates feature has assisted us in increasing our nightly rates automatically without having to spend hours updating channel managers etc. The PMS offers some great features for monitoring and analysing our business and trends.

Pros

Easy to set-up, easy to use and easy to train staff to use. And, very feature-rich and does what it states.

Cons

The developers unfortunately roll out new versions while the knowledge base is still showing details on earlier versions, but as it still works similarly, an experienced user can get around this issue until the website writers can update the knowledge base articles

Hi Sunny, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience with RMS! We're thrilled to hear that made the switch to RMS and that it is helping you run your business more efficiently. We do try and update our help centre articles and YouTube videos around the same time as new versions roll out; we also have release notes that are regularly updated that might be worth a look - https://helpcentre.rmscloud.com/general/view-release-notes Great to hear that you've had a positive experience with our support team - they are available 24/7 and always happy to help, so please reach out if you ever have any questions! -Hayley

RMS Hospitality Cloud is a great tool once you get it set-up to fit your needs

Ultimately RMS is helping our business in so many ways. This system will allow our employees to spend more time catering to our guests and visitors and less time with administrative tasks like producing reports, tracking transactions, and counting open reservation areas.

Pros

We like this software the most because of how scale-able it is! We are a pretty small business that use to deal with all reservations by pen and paper. Our business is growing and with that it became difficult to continue on with our "old" systems. RMS offered the perfect solution to start out with all the basics that a cloud based system could offer, and then as we got comfortable we are able to scale up to other features. The customer service is also a great feature! Everyone we have contacted has been very timely, polite, and seem to actually want to talk to you! Support is extremely helpful, plus the youtube channel is a great way to try and find a solution to your problems on your own.

Cons

Fortunately for our business, we anticipated a lengthy set-up time so we allowed a full year of having the software and fine tuning our data to make the transition as smooth as possible. With the initial purchase of the software we received one-on-one training (our rep was AMAZING!) and at the end of training we felt we had a pretty good grasp of the software. Once we started actually using it and...

Thanks for your positive feedback, Baily! We are thrilled RMS is helping your park reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your park easier.

RMS - best bang for your buck!

Pros

Very easy to use - staff can be trained on all functionality they need on a daily basis in the matter of a few days, not weeks like other software. Also, the system takes a bit of time to setup, but it is completely customizable to your needs. We operate boutique hotels and are able to save and easily access all guest and account info to provide the highest level of service. Lon in tech support is the best!

Cons

It does take a bit of time to setup.

Hi Deanna, thank you for your great review! We strive to provide user-friendly software to make managing your property easier. I will be sure to be pass your comments onto tech support. It's great to hear that you've had a positive experience so far and we look forward to working with you!

All-rounder PMS Software with fantastic online channel integration and automation

Overall RMS has increased our efficiency, after some initial adjustments during the integration phase. The comprehensive reporting capabilities provide valuable insights quickly and easily, and the online 2-way integration cuts down manual booking input and admin considerably, along with the payment gateway integration for processing payments. Will definitely recommend to other Serviced Apartment providers looking for a modern, cloud-based PMS with efficient channel integrations and customisation options for various setups.

Pros

The best part about the software is having everything in the one place to create, confirm, and process bookings including sending correspondence accessible anywhere from any device. The ability to connect an online payment gateway has greatly increased productivity and efficiency to allow staff to process payments quickly and easily without leaving their desk. The online channel connection is seamless and has reduced a lot of manual staff input for OTA reservations.

Cons

While the integration team have been great, there are still a few things we require to be able to satisfy our full accounting reporting requirements quickly and efficiently for our business set up. Granted, it does differ to some other properties, however we do require a few enhancements for this to be efficient for us. The online booking engine, while cost effective and easy to use is quite limited and does not do much to compete with OTA's to enhance the property's direct bookings - this is potential room for enhancement.

Review of RMS Ultra Lite

I have found that RMS is incredibly capable but not so user friendly from my home with the desk top PC. With my laptop it has most often been when we are overseas and then the system has given me major headaches. The solutions are often there but much of the information inside FAQ's, for example, isn't aimed at users who are not using the full version.

Pros

The relatively low cost is its best benefit.

Cons

I have never considered the RMS system to be as "user friendly" as the systems that I had previously used. Perhaps it's simply the Ultra Lite version, whch RMS no longer want to support, but the cost structure of the next step up (RMS Lite) is far too great for me.

Nice Software for the hotel

Pros

Userfriendly, customer support, more features compatible with RMS

Cons

Revenue management, which they have it only with Duetto which is extremely pricey.

Hi Purvi! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review. We're delighted to hear that RMS is helping with the running of your hotel and you're finding everything easy to use. We have a range of revenue management tools within the application such as dynamic pricing and restriction management via our native channel manager. In addition, we also have integrations with specialist revenue management platforms such as Duetto, along with iDeaS, Pace Up and Room Price Genie. Hope this helps!

Support that really works!!!

For Heartland RV Park & Cabins, RMS Cloud allows us to be on the leading edge for how we interact with our guests. Whether our guests make their reservations in person or through the IBE, it allows us to make the experience simple and understandable. The triggered correspondences allow us to customize our interactions to add helpful information to our guest from first contact, and then asking them after departure to rate Heartland RV Park & Cabins on all the major search engines.

Pros

Ease of use for front desk employees, the backend for management that allows us to customize messaging for guests from reservation through departure.

Cons

Heartland RV Park & Cabins appreciates the ongoing effort by RMS to improve the function of it's software, however, for less tech savvy parks, the changes that come with new releases could create confusion with front line staff if the park fails to continually work with staff on changes.

Hi Alan, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review! We're so pleased that RMS is boosting your guest interaction capabilities! It's a function that we believe is critical to creating positive guest experiences and turning first-timers into regular returners. Great to see that you're making full use of the features in RMS, including the IBE and triggered correspondence - do let us know if you want more information about any other features that you think you might like to implement and our friendly support team will be happy to help. Thanks again, -Hayley

Huge improvement

Easy to train employees on the system. Great audit trail.

Pros

We implemented RMS during our off season and have been using it for about 8 months. It's a huge improvement over our previous software. I love the online booking and it's saved us a lot of time and headache. When you get the rates set up correctly, the system is great at calculating everything (on simple reservations), so you don't have to plug in the rates. The user interface is easy to view.

Cons

Split reservations are a challenge, rates don't calculate correctly. Group reservations are clunky. Custom reporting isn't very intuitive.

Hi Lainey, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! It's great to know how RMS has helped you to have a better control over your property. We appreciate your feedback about rates and groups and are always making improvements to make processes as easy as possible for our users. We are happy to help guide you though the most simple methods to use the Report Writer that allows you to custom build reports. Happy to continue to grow with Dolores River Campground

Great product with some glitches

RMS gives us the ability to handle our campground and our customers smoothly

Pros

I love the ease of use and the flexibility.

Cons

Software has gone down at our busiest times with little to no communication about what happened. Very hard to get through to customer service techs. Most techs have a hard time understanding the issues.

Hello Jan, We are pleased to hear you and the team at The Great Divide find RMS the easy to use with flexibility to suite your needs. I appreciate how every minute of waiting seems eternal. RMS prides itself on system uptime and currently we are running at over 99% uptime. Please visit the system status page for more information and there you may sign up for system alerts. Please feel free to reach to Customer Support over the phone or through service request as it is our goal to provide accurate solutions in the most timely manner.

Client not connected

Have explained it all above here

Pros

27/5/19 After printing a few boomgate codes, all over a sudden a message appeared "Client not connected" took a screen shot, and sent a service request to RFMS, she tried to help, but couldn't fix it, thought it was a problem on our site, re-checked everything on our site as non RMS documents printed fine on that printer, re-emailed her about the problem, CSR made contact with my via phone and un-installed...

Cons

RMS doing updates and making changes that creates problems for a small business like ours.

Review of Support

Pros

I like the new features for the Registration Card & the COVID-19 Tracing. It's also made it easier uploading guest details, photo id etc. Less paper trail.

Cons

When loading rates, it can get frustrating when for example, we have 3 different season and rates within RMS. getting this to trigger or channel those rate on exact dates for online Agents, I guess it all about trouble shooting between the 2 servers. Plus it was hard when call Support and you would get 2 different answers from 2 different staff never the same operator.

Hi Ruth, thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the new features and that they are helping you to navigate post-COVID reservations. RMS is quite robust to meet the needs of a wide scale of individual properties unique business models. We have written a detailed rate article that we hope will help you with managing rates - you can view it here: https://helpcentre.rmscloud.com/rate-setup/rates-overview Additionally, you can log a service request and a team member will assist you with your requirements. Thank you again for reviewing the software, every bit of feedback, whether positive or negative, helps us to evolve and refine our functionalities to better serve our clients.

RMS when you need to know how you are doing

Great

Pros

easy to make reservations for 1 person or large groups

Cons

Hard to set rates once a year keep changing how hey do it

Hello Chip, Thanks for taking some time out to write such good review!. You are correct RMS is quite configurable to satisfy the needs of all size properties, from the smallest park to the largest hotel enterprise. I am please to announce that our next free Webinar will be covering rates. A registration invite will appear on the RMS pop-up once time gets closer to the event in October.

RMS is a pretty easy to use software given the amount of features it provides its customers.

At the end of the day, it does the basic functions which is to be able to book reservations and take payments.

Pros

Easy to learn Has about every feature one would ever need Visually pleasing and easy to follow. Love the menu search function.

Cons

Customer support is hit or miss. Some are great and others are awful, so it's very frustrating. You should have people specialize in certain functions and then route calls accordingly. System is too big for everyone to know everything. The timing/money for customer reports is just absurd. Even making an "enhancement" to a report that's already out there is a ridiculously long process. You should...

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback Courtney! We are pleased to know that you are enjoying the benefits of RMS. We also appreciate your suggestion and shared it with the department concerned to look into it. We constantly release new features and update our product regularly, and your comments will definitely help us make the product even better.

Manual

I'm still in the early stages of RMS so I can't give a overall assessment of the system.

Pros

I think once I learn the in and out of all of the side menu, and all the functionality of the data base, it could be very compatible for our company. In all fairness to RMS the owner of our company didn't notify me of any of the classes, so I was nearly operating blind on the first day of use. BUT the help/knowledge base was a life saver.

Cons

My first complaint will be that there isn't an operating manual. Even a frozen pizza comes with step by step instructions. The software leans heavy on the side of the hotel industry. I think RMS is working on being RV park friendly but they still have some work to do. As an example with our previous data base we were able to move reservations quickly and easily to different sites to maximize spaces as to fill the park quicker. With RMS moving dozens of reservations over a 4, 5, 6, month period is extremely difficult to the point we will most likely stop doing it.

Hello Dennis, Thank you for taking the time to review RMS an we appreciate your honest feedback. RMS is quite robust and configurable to meet the needs of all type of individual property set up from small to large. I would agree proper training is definitely ideal to be set for success. RMS University is a fantastic training tool that is offered to all properties. A friendly customer support agent would be happy to discuss this in further detail along with any current struggles to make your operations more seamless. Thank you again for taking the time Dennis!

RMS 9+ Reservations

My overall experience has been very positive. The online booking system is a time saver and I don't have to deal with a third party booking agent.

Pros

The reservation system is similar to the program I was using previously, creating reservations were pretty straight forward. The person who helped me to install the program and have it customized to my business was very patient and helpful. Tech support has been really good about getting back to me in a reasonable time especially if it an emergency.

Cons

I have had this program for 5 years and programming the rates was time consuming at first. Since the RMS has changed that process and is much easier. The one downside is when RMS does an update it happens during the day and there is a minute or two when the program is not functional. It would be nice to have these done in the early morning hours where is doesn't affect making reservations.

Hi Kris, thanks for your positive feedback! We're thrilled RMS is helping your park reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your park easier.