RMS Cloud Logo

RMS Cloud

Cloud-based outdoor hospitality property management software

RMS Cloud Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

Reviews by rating

Overall dealing with RMS in system wise has been great and Customer service are easy to talk to, friendly, explain things with ease they don't rush you. The team know there system and how to explain.
My overall experience is really good. I've been using RMS for over a year now and I am super comfortable with using this system.
Easy on a daily basics and very useful for what we need. And the support team is amazing.
At present there is a considerable lag and with the changes it can become frustrating.
Group booking - hate how many clicks. I always struggle with rate setup.
The program itself hangs constantly and as you need to work on it 12 hours a day its very frustrating and all the while you are paying through the nose.

AH

Alan H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Rms is for non computer literate people

Quality product and easy to use

Pros

Rms is easy to use on the many platforms available. Because it is in the cloud it has allowed our business to operate without being tied to the office. It has provided flexibility to our managers by being able to have the work life balance that modern workplaces strive to provide

Cons

It doesn’t work well with Microsoft edge on some platforms

CS

Chip S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

RMS when you need to know how you are doing

Great

Pros

easy to make reservations for 1 person or large groups

Cons

Hard to set rates once a year keep changing how hey do it

Hello Chip, Thanks for taking some time out to write such good review!. You are correct RMS is quite configurable to satisfy the needs of all size properties, from the smallest park to the largest hotel enterprise. I am please to announce that our next free Webinar will be covering rates. A registration invite will appear on the RMS pop-up once time gets closer to the event in October.

RB

Ron B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Faulty product with crappy support

I have started the selection process for another product because I want proper support.

Pros

It works, as far as direct bookings and Booking.com bookings are concerned. It synchronises well with Booking.com. we have had no over bookings.

Cons

RMS is not capable to connect my hotel to Expedia. REALLY, I am not kidding. RMS passes the wrong currency. We are located in Cape Verde and they pass our prices to Expedia in Australian dollars. RMS have been working on this for over a month now. I have to beg for updates on this problem and all they have told me is that it is a very complicated problem (where it really is only a matter of passing the right currency for the selected country). Less important but still annoying problems are: Old (fashioned) user interface: Not all the screens work on a Mac, some screens only work in full screen mode. The application is not scalable/responsive.

Thank you for posting your feedback and Ron, we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this openly and frankly with you. The information provided has been escalated with the entire global support team, especially the UK team. Receiving unfavourable feedback is never nice to hear, but its a powerful tool that can be used in the ongoing training and development of our team. We are sorry we failed to deliver the level of service you expected and required and please rest assured that corrective steps have been taken with respect to your particular circumstances. Best regards, Peter Ferris Director of Global Sales & Marketing

pv

preeti v.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Great Software and Customer Service

Overall dealing with RMS in system wise has been great and Customer service are easy to talk to, friendly, explain things with ease they don't rush you. The team know there system and how to explain :-)

Pros

The ease of using the software and amount of work that can be done with one product.

Cons

So far nothing, I'm learning things everyday and so far like it all

MM

Mark M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

The Complete Package

Makes the rental of short term holiday letting so much easier

Pros

The software takes care of my trust account, end of month, making my life much easier.

Cons

They keep changing things.....they call it UPDATES......

Thank you for your kind comments and valuable feedback Mark

MV

Michelle V.

Great support

bookings just roll in that's nice , love that I can access anywhere.

Pros

The system is easy to use on a daily basis and training staff on the day to day running's is simple enough.

Cons

not enough training hours, I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes I don't know about

KJ

Kristin J.

Great!

Pros

It has been a great experience so far with RMS. We have just started our set up and I could not be happier with our decision. Thank you for all your team does!

Cons

None so far, We have had a great experience

Hi Kristin, thanks for your positive feedback! We're thrilled RMS is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your park easier.

CC

Cathleen C.

Great Support

Overall RMS is pretty good because I have learned now on how to use it and find it pretty comprehensive. I then train my staff. I don't call support that often. I find that my staff only want to know what is relevant to their jobs and don't want to take advantage of any of the other functions that could be super helpful. But at least one person in the office knows how to trouble shoot most issues.

Pros

I find that RMS has a lot of capabilities, but we don't necessarily use all of them. The main thing I find challenging is the Tarriff manager. I seem to have a lot of trouble with connecting with different OTAs. It's not perfect, but I don't know if any of them are. The support desk is very good at helping me troubleshoot problems and most of the time, we find a solution. I do think the system is glitchy though as I often have to refresh my page because it seems to have an unstable interface and doesn't show things on the screen correctly. But one thing I do like is that that you can work from anywhere and I love being able to help guests from home on my own computer.

Cons

Not enough training- would like options to go to a local workshop or class. Even if there was one in another town, I would really want the option to go there to learn more. There seem to be new features all the time, but no one to show us how they work.

CP

Coral P.

Love RMS product and staff

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. The automated help topics with visual guides are eptensive and answer most queries but when they dont the service requests or staff at the other end of the phone are so helpful and knowledgeable that I havent had an issue I couldn't resolve (and I had many questions believe me!).

Cons

Setting new rates confuses me. I don't know whether I need to be in Rate Structure and type, Category, Rate period or Amount (4 seperate areas seems clunky and I don't think I would get as confused if this was an integrated, automatically stepped out process on a simngle page for absolute dummies like me). The address search identified=s international adfresses often before local ones. Not sure if possible but it would be great if the country of operation was prioritised first.

Lokith K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

False Promises & Scammers

This software is definitely not for holiday homes and even hotels, as it's full of errors and they only have 5-6 people in there company who are not available most of the times, it's not worth wasting money on there training and software they make you pay 3 months advance as they know there product is faulty and they don't want you to runaway before that, good at planning strategy of how to scam people! BEAWARE!

Pros

The confidence how they lie about there product, and try to show the value of it however once you pay for the training they will vanish it took me whole 2 months just to set up the software.

Cons

after the software was set there was issue in the calendar on airbnb, my properties were closed for whole month in high season, and there whole company were busy celebrating there vacations, also they did not refund our training fees AED1700 as they claim to give us training and software full of errors.

GI

Gerard I.

Hospitality, self-employed

Review of RMS Ultra Lite

I have found that RMS is incredibly capable but not so user friendly from my home with the desk top PC. With my laptop it has most often been when we are overseas and then the system has given me major headaches. The solutions are often there but much of the information inside FAQ's, for example, isn't aimed at users who are not using the full version.

Pros

The relatively low cost is its best benefit.

Cons

I have never considered the RMS system to be as "user friendly" as the systems that I had previously used. Perhaps it's simply the Ultra Lite version, whch RMS no longer want to support, but the cost structure of the next step up (RMS Lite) is far too great for me.

Gv

Gini v.

Client not connected

Have explained it all above here

Pros

27/5/19 After printing a few boomgate codes, all over a sudden a message appeared "Client not connected" took a screen shot, and sent a service request to RFMS, she tried to help, but couldn't fix it, thought it was a problem on our site, re-checked everything on our site as non RMS documents printed fine on that printer, re-emailed her about the problem, CSR made contact with my via phone and un-installed...

Cons

RMS doing updates and making changes that creates problems for a small business like ours.

CK

Courtney K.

RMS is a pretty easy to use software given the amount of features it provides its customers.

At the end of the day, it does the basic functions which is to be able to book reservations and take payments.

Pros

Easy to learn Has about every feature one would ever need Visually pleasing and easy to follow. Love the menu search function.

Cons

Customer support is hit or miss. Some are great and others are awful, so it's very frustrating. You should have people specialize in certain functions and then route calls accordingly. System is too big for everyone to know everything. The timing/money for customer reports is just absurd. Even making an "enhancement" to a report that's already out there is a ridiculously long process. You should...

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback Courtney! We are pleased to know that you are enjoying the benefits of RMS. We also appreciate your suggestion and shared it with the department concerned to look into it. We constantly release new features and update our product regularly, and your comments will definitely help us make the product even better.

TP

Theresa P.

Rv park

Pretty good

Pros

For the most part it’s good. Have had some issues in the past that took a while to work out. Now things are better.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to use fir people that are nit the best on the computer and to get training you must pay more. And it’s expensive.

Hi Theresa, thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback. RMS is a robust system and can take a while to fully understand the wide range of features and functionalities available. We have tried to make this as easy as possible by developing an interactive help centre with step-by-step visual guides (simply start typing your query or the feature you want to learn more about and the help...

KL

Kris L.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

RMS 9+

My overall experience has been very good. There was extensive training and support when the program was first set up. RMS is one of the easier reservation program that I have worked with.

Pros

I like that the program is customizable to our campground even though this is a hotel system. The programmers have made it easier to change rates for the units. Tech support has been very good in resolving service requests.

Cons

The pencil-in tool still needs some work. I'm not able to write any comments on pencil-ins. I never use the convert pencil-in to booking because it doesn't do it correctly. There is a domino effect that is not good with the remaining units on hold that get converted. Also the group bookings are difficult to navigate especially for new employees.

Hi Kris, thanks for your positive feedback! We are thrilled RMS is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your property easier. We appreciate your suggestions and will definitely share with our development team to see if adding comments on pencil-in reservations can be completed.

CT

Cyndi T.

Simple tasks are easy

Great to use day to day for reservations.

Pros

Day to day is easy to use to enter in reservations details and use for simple tasks

Cons

Some things are complicated and you have to search through lots of screens to get where you want to be. Have found setting rates is a bit complicated I am not a computer super power so I need simple. Going through the help and youtube you can not always find what your looking when searching seem to get a list of unrelated items that are not what your looking for.

RR

Robert R.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Amazing

Link accounts together and setting up rewards programs was simple and easy. Guest are loving the stay 5 nights get a free night promotion.

Pros

Software is easy to use. Links accounts together and just an ease of fluidity around everything we need.

Cons

Software sometimes does not recognize guest as input so we have to go and search that particular person.

Hi Robert, thanks for your positive feedback! We're so happy RMS is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your hotel easier. We're thrilled the rewards program is doing great at your property!

CM

Carole M.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

RMS experience

Very good.

Pros

RMS is user-friendly, and easy to navigate. There are little quirks in it but once identified are easily managed and applied.

Cons

Not being able to omit certain guests from scheduled emails & EDM content options are very limited. (Could be linked to a simple graphics program like Canva??)

Hi Carole, thank you so much for leaving a positive review, we're pleased to hear that the software is a hit with your cabin and tourist park. We are looking at making enhancements to our EDM module which will include image editing capabilities and other exciting features that will help with creating professional and eye-catching campaigns. You can also segment guests using our report writer, an advanced tool that allows you to segment guest data on a range of criteria, including length of stay, time of stay, with/without children, birthday, number of visits, company, etc. Hopefully this will help you to omit certain guests from emails. More information can be found in our help centre articles.

KP

Kulia P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Used for guest

Overall it’s good, we don’t use it anymore but it’s easy to work with

Pros

It was a little hard to use this software at first but after that it was good. We used it for our front desk to check people in and out

Cons

There was no notes section or alert section to put important things about the guest so others could read about it

Hi Kulia - Thank you for taking time out to leave a review for us. RMS does have many features and like any software it takes some time to get used to however we try to make this process easy with our online help centre https://helpcentre.rmscloud.com/ and with our phone support. Feel free to use above resources in future. Also Thank you once again for valuable feedback re notes and alert section - We do have a notes alert system in the software that can trigger an important message to any department upon check in or at other intervals. Please see more details in the following link https://helpcentre.rmscloud.com/reservations/reservation-message-alerts

LM

Lyn M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

It is time RMS looked at itself and customer service

It is probably not the software that is totally at fault, although it can be quite complicated and difficult to navigate. I sometimes think RMS delight in making things more complicated with so called enhancements The customer service is seriously lacking and wait times are quite long.Weekends can be extremely long. Definitely don't call unless it is an emergency Also customer after service is...

Pros

RMS 8 was a very good program in its day RMS 9 is more difficult to manage. RMS 9+ is still having glitches and is even harder to manage .

Cons

The longer we deal with RMS the more disillusioned we become. with everything from the software its self to the the way their accounting is handled and the customer service.

LH

Leanne H.

Makes Life Easier

RMS just makes life easier, the product, the service and the support...one neat package.

Pros

The user friendly simplicity and the multiple business functionalities

Cons

Nothing to dislike, when starting and implementing setup, everything can seem some what overwhelming however the support people take the stress from this ordeal..they walk with you..holding your hand as they train you while doing initial setting up. As you become confident in using this software you will be thankful you made the decision to go with RMS

Hi Leanne, thank you so much for leaving such a glowing review! We're thrilled that the software is making life easier for you and your business and we're excited to have you on board. We'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our support team. Please continue to reach out to them if you have any questions!

CR

Carla R.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Potential but not flawless

Again, I see potential and I haven't given up, but a work in progress. Expect to spend a great deal of time working through issues, at least on the front end.

Pros

Has the promise of being a great system with automation of repetitive system tasks. This was the big draw for us.

Cons

So far I have spent hours trouble shooting with their tech support why the system is not working as it's suppose to. I have not given up yet, but currently working through a couple of essential functions that they must get correct or we'll have to find another system.

Hello Carla,Thank you for your honest feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share. RMS is quite robust to meet the needs of a wide scale of individual properties unique business models. RMS continues to endeavor to provide cutting edge technology and offering a vast array of interfaces and integrations to help properties maximize potential. We were happy to work together with you to get one of the newest accounting interfaces perfected. Thank you for being the best part of RMS and look forward to growing your business together!

MM

Martine M.

RMS Hospitality Cloud_Review

Overall it has been one of the easiest program to use.

Pros

Easy to in and out of accounts. The Customer service is great.

Cons

Having to go through Google Chrome to log on. Before we had an icon and through that Icon we went to the the software, now we press on the Icon and the it goes through Google Chrome and it is annoying. I keep on closing the software by error because when I open a search page not related to RMS and then close it, I keep on closing the RMS page as well, It was better when it was a stand alone button. Also there seems to be a problem with emailing tax invoices to customers, sometimes it goes blank. There are also to many steps to go through now to print a tax invoice. Customers seems to get a bit edgy to wait for more that a few seconds.

AC

Aaron C.

RMS Is an Excellent choice in Hospitality & Property Management

Pros

Flexibility and feature set that suits our property's needs. We have researched other products but no one else offers the same functionality as RMS, and many standard RMS features are at an additional cost with other software providers.

Cons

Occasionally customer service is unable to answer a question or assist us to our complete satisfaction, but that is very rare. Sometimes software updates will modify features or cause small bugs that we have to wait on further updates to fix, again, this is fairly uncommon.

Hi Aaron, thank you for your positive feedback! We're so happy to hear that RMS is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your property easier.

LS

Lynne S.

We heart RMS

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive searches and set-up Multiple ways to achieve result Seamless online capabilities Dynamic pricing

Cons

Historical comparisons reporting needed; comparisons to daily,weekly and monthly options year over year(s) Math challenges = does not automatically figure balance due; doesn't show tax added amounts

Hello Lynne, We heart Pandion Ridge! It is nice to hear that you are using the dynamic pricing to help maximize revenue. RMS is quite robust with reporting capabilities to meet your needs. In addition, there are a few options to consider to display any balances due. Please look for a call from Customer Support to further discuss, in the meantime never hesitate to contact Customer Support with questions. Hope you are able to attend our upcoming Webinar where the topic is RMS Accounting.