Avionté Reviews

Avionté

Cloud-based recruiting and staffing agency software

Avionté

Review Summary

Pros

I really like how everything is set up on the front end and how easy it is to access information. I love the amount of reports and their accessibility.

Samantha P.

Attractive UI, but that is as good as it gets. Far better products for the money.

Jay L.

I like that you can customize and add in 'Action Types,' 'certifications', statuses, branches, etc. The counter feature is great so you can narrow in where your bottle necks are.

Charlotte G.

Beth M.

It attaches unemployment to whatever the employees current branch is instead of to the assignment to which the claim was filed, and there is no report or log to show activity on unemployment's.

Misty R.

Avionte is notoriously known by many other vendors and other ATS comapny that they play unprofessional and uncooperative with data migration when you decide to leave them.

Chisung L.

We have been able to do amazing things with this new software

We have had hours and hours of payroll processing time cut by the items that we are able to do with the software. We have been able to upload W2s directly to our company website - employee portal for the employees to download and print themselves. We have saved thousands of dollars in costs related to payroll checks, mailing costs, printing costs, W2 printing, mailing, stuffing envelopes . . . Not...

Pros

Very user friendly. Once you learn the names of items, it is quite simple to go back and forth between different areas of the software, and yet never lose your place.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like. Every problem that I have believed that I had, was able to be either adjusted by Avionte, or I've been able to find a work around that did exactly what was needed.

Comparable to leading competitors

Pros

It seems like they improved on some of our issues with Bullhorn - pipelining was completely new to us but makes sense to track and we've found it very useful. Also, they are open to feature requests and actually address them or provide alternatives - makes you feel heard.

Cons

Some minor features that seem obvious to us are missing.

Avionte Great Product for Sourcing

Overall great experience! Makes my day of reviews easy and quick when working with a specific client.

Pros

With the amount of clients I oversee and work with, I find it easy to find and pin point the exact candidate that I am working with. It is easy to use and easy to view all of the clients information with just a click or two!

Cons

It's hard to view errors and as to why there is an error on a clients name. The ease to navigate out of daily buttons I use is a little difficult to view or know how to use. Pulling reports is a little difficult to recall, there arent many help areas to show you how to do things.

Just Enough to Get By

Overall the software allows us to manage our day to day operations, it definitely has areas of improvement that need to be made that have been overlooked as developers think forward and focus on new developments and projects and seem to forget about old system improvements. The ACA companion app is a perfect example of this, they rushed to get it out, now it gets little to no attention leaving our...

Pros

Avionte allowed my company to move out of paper applications into the digital age, some of its integrations have been helpful and it has helped us in managing overall employment compliance. I like that it does provide even though flawed an end to end solution for our staffing firm

Cons

-Employee documents can be a mess when the employee is longstanding or has had multiple jobs -There is no way to flag an individual who receives an MSO so that if they leave and return benefits is immediately aware -ACA tracking, enrollments, & Deductions 2 separate modules... previous software has auto tracked ACA eligibility because FT/PT status is designated at the assignment level. We have people...

Good Perm Recruiting Software

Overall, the experience has been neutral. It is a better platform than we were using previously.

Pros

Avionte is best for perm work flows, and the customizable dashboard is appreciated by most staff so they can easily track what is most important to them.

Cons

Avionte falls short when it comes to temporary and contract work flows and candidate sourcing/tracking, is not CASL compliant, and although it has an Open API it is not easy for other platforms to integrate with it.

LOVE the counter feature for applicants

Overall I feel that Avionte is more effective than the in house database we used previously - it also is nicer to have another team to reach out to with issues. The integration and customization on this tool is great!

Pros

I purely use Avionte from an on-boarding standpoint and not for managing employees on assignment. The ability to see incomplete applications is HUGE and my previous software did not have this. It allows us to follow-up with applicants that have started and stopped the application for some reason. I like that you can customize and add in 'Action Types,' 'certifications', statuses, branches, etc. The...

Cons

The customer service team is slow to respond and we honestly spent several weeks going back and forth to fix a system issue on more than one occasion. It is also important to know that when they build reports for you that report is 'fixed in time.' For Example, if you build a report to look at statuses but then add a new status later you need to reach back out to Avionte to update the report to allow you to pull that status again. Not major but something that caught us off guard. There is no reporting feature to find 'time to hire'

Avionte is easy and useful!

Although sometimes the system freezes, it works really well for all of the needs for myself and for our teams for our applicants and reporting purposes.

Pros

I like that the search features are super useful. It’s nice to be able to use search functions to find people assigned to different staffing representatives using select statuses. It’s really helpful to find all of your applicants or select groups and monitor our applicants. The reporting functions are super useful, it’s easy to build a report fast based on what I need and it is self explanatory! It’s great that you can move the columns around in search, being able to move certain columns (status, Employee ID, last contact date, etc) helps me focus on what I need to be seeing and narrowing out what I don’t need. It’s great that everything transfers to excel easily, too. It’s helpful you can change the color of the system, I prefer the darker theme for my eyes!

Cons

I don’t like that often we have times where the system is freezing and it seems like it happens often.

Overall a great product!

Pros

Cons

I would say the one thing I have an issue with is not being able to see employee/candidates or customers that are coded under a different "branch" unless I have that specific branch chosen under branch settings. The main time I have an issue with this is when I am working on an order, let's say if an applicant from branch "A" applies to a job within my branch, "B" then I would not know unless I have branch "A" chosen in settings. I try to stay within my branch because our company as a whole has 1000's of applicants and a large amount of work orders so if I have all branches available in my settings it bogs down my screen and slows me down on getting the information I need solely for my branch.

A Solid Program with High Functionality

I have enjoyed my experience, and haven’t run into any serious qualms. I think the program does what it sets out to do!

Pros

I really like that this software can run my background checks, track a team’s applicant load and status, and reliably keep data all while being a platform which our payroll department and sales department can also use with our clients. Once you get the hang of the idiosyncrasies of this program, you can work really efficiently.

Cons

The ease of access with this software could be improved. While I believe our company is running a previous iteration of the software, the integration that this program has with office software such as Outlook or our I-9 system is lacking. Even in the functions that try to make up for this, the experience isn’t the smoothest. Happily, once you get used to working with the program, these issues diminish in severity, as the program’s consistency helps you understand solid workarounds for the concerns aforementioned.

Unresponsive sales team

Was a pretty good software but customer service/ sales failed me

Pros

I used this software for 4 years and even helped them by suggesting improvements that they did in fact use. I spent the time because I needed the product to be better. It did end up being a better product and was fairly good to work within based on our company workflow.

Cons

When I wanted to start a new account with a new agency they were very unresponsive, likely because I was small and had the need for just one seat to start with. It was bad customer service to not respond to my needs. Now I have grown and need multiple seats so I am going with a service that wants my business.

Avionte Uses: Staffing vs. Headhunting

Pros

I am in a unique situation where I have trained and used Avionte in both a Staffing and a Headhunting setting. Here at QPS our main focus is that staffing side of the business, but we over the past couple of years our Professional Team has grown as well. Avionte is our sole ATS and CRM on the Staffing side of things and our team including myself love it. There are so many key features that make this product stand out on the staffing side including back-office, reporting, customization, and most importantly a one stop shop for us to run our business. On top of those key features, Avionte has a support staff that is next to none that is here to help whenever we need it.

Cons

Now to the other side of the coin and how our Professional Team (AKA Headhunters) have utilized Avionte. A few years ago, our Professional team was utilizing Avionte for our lower end candidates and another ATS for our higher end candidates. Our team decided that Avionte didn't have the key features our other ATS system had and decided to completely get out of Avionte and move over to the other ATS. A few of the biggest reasons why was that the interface of Avionte didn't compare, Avionte wasn't cloud based, and the ease of use of Avionte compared to the other ATS wasn't there either.

Industry Focused

We have been able to go 100% paperless and continue to find efficiencies in our processes, reducing the resources necessary for data management. Because development has been focused on the new product, the core application often requires lengthy process to achieve results with many stepped procedures like on-boarding. The disconnect between the core and web based has created some confusion for users. Customer service and account management has been very receptive and good, support isn't always as useful.

Pros

Avionte is definitely a solution for the staffing industry. They have lagged a bit on innovation in recent years, but seem to be correcting and their new product features look to be solutions that can compete with changing technology and trends in the industry.

Cons

Support often takes a long time on non-urgent issues and the staff isn't always knowledgeable or creative in helping to find solutions to process gaps or changes. Reporting is very convoluted, you have to combine many queries, export in order to get some basic key data. Lack of API is frustrating.

Better suited for light industrial than 3rd party staffing

If you are a light industrial staffing company with very limited search requirements for open reqs, this software might work for you. If you do niche recruiting with many different job requirements that requires specific sourcing (and Boolean searching), you will likely not find Avionte to fit your needs.

Pros

Avionte replaced our archaic proprietary software, so it was a vast improvement from where we came from. I like the ability to sort my search results by the last contacted date in the core application. The core application also resembles Microsoft Outlook in the drop downs so I feel like it is pretty easy to use. There are multiple ways to complete the same function so you can use what works best for you.

Cons

Avionte is still growing and often has hiccups when they try to roll out new functionality. They will often make changes without notifying users which affect custom modifications we have paid for. We are a 3rd party staffing company in a niche industry and this software is just not made for us. The core application does not have true Boolean functionality and while they are trying to roll out a true web-based SAAS platform, they are far from completion. At present, we have to use 2 versions of Avionte and are limited in our abilities in each platform. Support often takes long periods of time to respond to and/or correct issues.

Disappointed

I thought the Avionte advanced search and Auto Match features would revolutionize my team's ability to search. As it is working right now it is not doing that all... for new data since our June conversion it seems to be ok but I can't find the people I need that converted from our old system. CONNECT was a great experience but the Q&As made me feel like a bouncing ball - ask one person, they don't...

Pros

We're still using the Core App and what i like most is that all of the information I need is on one screen. Everything is easy to find and the system is responsive.

Cons

The service and support are awful. We are 2+ months post conversion and still don't have ACA reporting capabilities. We are unable to use the Web Modules because our data is so out of whack (it's supposed to be a mirror image of the Core App right? it's not at all) and our rep. She does't return calls or emails even from our company VP. I attended CONNECT and thought I had gotten good answers to some lingering questions about reporting and searching but the instruction doesn't seem to work when applied within my system (bad data conversion maybe?).

Great staff to work with.

Pros

Great customer service from the whole Avionte team. I like that we have a manager to oversee our company. We like that we have a point in contact to reach when we have questions or concerns. They allow us to set up a weekly call to discuss any items or just to see how he can help us. It is a great product for temporary staffing services. Our business customers are temporary staffing companies which is why we are using Avionte. The back office part of Avionte is what we use mostly. We've had to customize many things within Avionte which helps us in the long run.

Cons

The turn around time for issues encountered or even questions with their Support Team is not something I like. I am not a fan of having to submit a ticket for everything, even if it just a question. I understand the set up but the turn around time is not the greatest.

Staffing Industry specific that is flexible and proactive

Because we are no longer just a local staffing provider, we found ourselves unable to keep up with the vast amount of changes without Avionte. The ACA, for instance, would have been impossible for us to navigate and solve without Avionte. They were able to develop solutions and then improve upon them quickly. In addition, they are constantly looking for new partners to add to the service suite. We also love the people and the support they provide us.

Pros

What initially sold us on this product was that they provided back office solutions that were specific to our industry. They continue to upgrade and update the software to solve the fast moving employment laws at the local, city, state and federal levels.

Cons

We hated that our leadership chose to host the solution instead of going with the cloud base solutions. It was costly and it was very inefficient for us. We've now moved to the cloud and couldn't be happier.

Not an all-in-one solution

Overall, software programs are generally only as good as the work flow processes that are put in place around them, and our organization is not good at establishing consistent processes.

Pros

When self-hosting, there is a lot of customization you can do, allowing quick access to data. Also, works great as an applicant tracker.

Cons

Because the software is built around recruiting and billing, there are numerous features very well suited in the areas. However, their are other functions within a staffing company that the software is not built to handle. For example, when being sold the software, one of the selling features was I9 compliance and management. Unfortunately, this has never been a reality. Now, if we want to get I9 compliance capabilities, we have to contract (at an additional cost) with an Avionte partner. Not what we were led to believe during the sales pitch.

Avionte Review

Avionte has allowed us to streamline many processes and reduce manual tracking and processes across multiple platforms. While there are areas we feel need to be improved upon, it has improved our business operations.

Pros

Avionte provides the full Life Cycle; tying the applicant tracking through to the hiring process, payroll and billing the customer. *Electronic onboarding *WOTC integration *Employee Portal *Customer Portal *Web Time import

Cons

*Lack of open API *Account Receivable Module does not allow users to create an invoice with multiple line items or adding free text comments through the A/R module (outside of the invoicing creating by time entry/payroll process). *A/R does not allow for processing a refund to a customer *Payroll does not allow use of a negative deduction to refund something withheld *ACA Tracking functionality needs to be updated

A Work In Progress

Avionte has improved how candidates are managed and has streamlined several processes for our company which has allowed us to move our data into the digital age.

Pros

I like that Avionte is innovative and continues to improve. I also appreciate that the company is willing to take advice from their clients and implement changes that are beneficial to the specific needs of each client.

Cons

I don't like that the software has not changed consistently, the changes are somewhat abrupt. For example, we trained and became proficient with the core application and then through Client Connect there was a big push for everyone to begin using Aero, which was abandoned and was only a DH platform for temp agencies. Now, we will be transitioning to a new platform with very few details heading into the new platform.

Avionte Core and Web Based Platform

Overall, we have had a positive experience with Avionte. We have been able to increase efficiency with applications and candidate searches in our system. Also, the customer service is phenomenal. From the call-in customer service to our SAE (sales account exec), everyone is very helpful and understanding of the issues we face when something doesn't appear to be functioning properly. Usually, issues are VERY quickly resolved.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, and the new web based platform navigates easily on mobile devices. Our company has been able to attract more applicants with the web based platform, because they are able to complete our applications on their smartphones or tablets. The ability to text a candidate through the software and have it logged as a message in their record is helpful as well.

Cons

The one issue we have had is that there is currently no way to have an answered text record in the candidate's file, we still have to manually record emails and text responses.

Effective and efficient software for recruiting

Because of Avionte's many functions, it took time and training to become fluent within it, but today I could not do my job without it!

Pros

All of my candidates are centrally located and relatively easy to look up and contact. It can handle many of the duties of staffing from recruiting to payroll to billing and more. Very versatile and expansive.

Cons

The advanced searches can be a little tricky to figure out. I feel that the search setups could be more intuitive.

Taylor, Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your feedback. We hope that you'll find the new search capabilities in BOLD more intuitive. Feel free to reach out to your Account Exec if you want to take a look! Great software depends on the ease of use, so we always want to improve upon that experience. Thanks for being an Avionte customer!

Backed by Good People

Pros

The software is good- very robust and covers everything that we need. We found that there were only 4 staffing software vendors who could do EVERYTHING that we need. Avionte regularly solicits feedback, and shapes their future development based on what the customers are looking for.

Cons

They are a growing company, and sometimes that growth affects the customer. While everything has not run perfectly with Avionte, when the rare problem comes up, the problem gets SOLVED.

This reviewer only left a rating

I began the search for a new ATS system for my business and I had a few “non-negotiable” items that I needed when choosing a new ATS Software company. Over a four month period, I actively looked at several ATS systems and tested four different ATS companies that I felt could provide me with the capabilities that I would need, not only to operate my business but also act as a partner to help grow my...

Avionte reviews

I attended Avionte Connect and really appreciate everyone's hospitality and willingness to help. It would be better if Avionte was closer to Texas so we could meet more often on processes for better understanding. Maybe more opportunity for webinars/demo's to help guide me through all the new functions.

Pros

It's great that it is now a web based platform, our company hasn't rolled it out just yet but will shortly. From what I can tell, the search function is going to be our biggest advantage moving to the web base module.

Cons

Don't like all the functions in the core application, or that we can't make temp orders in the WBM. With that being said, I would really like to see a job board module that shows the team's progression as they fill the orders.

Comprehensive Staffing Software

Overally, we've really enjoyed using the software. Our SAE, Aaron, is incredibly helpful whenever we have a problem or question. Avionte allows us to do so many different functions, both front office and back office, and is very comprehensive.

Pros

I enjoy having multiple functionalities with the software through the core application and the web based modules. The system is very detailed and thorough, allowing the user to do anything you could possibly need. The portals for our employees and clients are very helpful and user friendly, allowing for quick and easy actions.

Cons

The limitations of the web based modules can be frustrating at times, since it doesn't have full functionality yet.