Float Reviews

4.47/5 (32 reviews)

Nick Ciccocioppo

Float is a great solution for small businesses looking to get their schedules organised

Reviewed 2017-11-27

Easy visual scheduling for the teamWe love the easy drag and drop interface, the ease of use of the whole system, the API allowing us to create/sync projects and tasks from our project management system, and the ability for our team to sync their Float schedule to their iOS or Exchange calendars via the iCal feed.

Sam Melroy

Float is my go-to tool for time management

Reviewed 2017-09-12

I manage a team of 8 consultants. Float allows me to see where everyone is going to be on just one screen, instead of having to check 8 different calendars. Ease of my job is absolutely the biggest benefit. Weekly emails, ease of adding in new projects or tasks to existing projects, the color options (it's like working in a rainbow!), and the reporting/statistics feature. It's nice being able to see current utilization vs. projected. It's very basic, but very straightforward. I also love how it's cloud based, so I can access it anywhere I need to.

Monique Taza

Much better than what we had int he past

Reviewed 2017-09-12

it is easier to filter on a project or individual or group as well as tasks. It gives a better view and allows you to see if you overloaded someoneability to view each project on its own and make sure no step was missed in scheduling. Ability to drill down on a user or a team and be able to review their schedule. Also, the fact it shows if someone got overloaded is very useful and I like the ability to move people and regroup them

Anonymous

Float is certainly an easy tool to use, accessible and fast to edit. It used to be cheaper although.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

An overall view of the production team more clear which help us make fast choices when we are in rush or we need to find solutions. Plus a more transparent overview of the actual and future work for the team.The fast and easy to edit is the major plus to this software. All the tools (cut, insert, slide) are helping lots to edit faster.

Louis ANDRE

I use float to plan the work of 25+ developper and project manager located in different countries

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Float give us a visual way to plan our week. With the interface you an easily make change without having to reorganise everything manually as Float will do it. It's also very useful to be able to gather very detailed metric in order to calculate ROI of each of our project. Finally I like the design, very modern and simple so you won't be distracted.

Jake Thompson

Not sure how we coped before Float!

Reviewed 2017-09-12

The key benefit is knowing that my team can track the tasks they are doing which makes reporting P&L a lot easier.Very easy to use, and lots of handy features such as the repeat task option and the ability to add different departments. The ability to add 'observers' is great too, so everybody on our wider team can check in and see what we're up to/what our availability is.

Joel Schillig

Very easy to use - would highly recommend.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Easy to use. Clear and simple. Very intuitive so people get the hang of it quickly. Reports are useful.

Darian Rawson

A single tool to master your team flow

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Float does offer something different than other tools you may have used in the past. And it organizes things a little more friendly for visual thinkers. This can be a time saver and help your team if it means it is something they can actually use versus more noise.

Rachel Connolly

Easy, transparent and flexible.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Saves timeWith Float we can export data and keep track of what we dedicate the most time to. It also updates in real time, so the creative team members always have up-to-date schedules. If I need to move things around I can just drag and drop into people's swimlanes, so that saves me alot of time.

Christoph Hille

One of the best capacity planning tools I know

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Better and faster planning of our teams and a greeat overview of running projectsWorking in a creative environment, we love great designed tools. Float does not only do the job, but also looks good while doing it. And everybody who can handle any calendar, can work with it.

Matthias Hansen

Easy to use resource management / allocation

Reviewed 2017-12-23

Float provides us an easy to use web-based system to see our resource availability at a glance. It's easy to maintain customers and set up projects for them. Resource allocation has become much easier since we use Float.

James Weller

Great platform and very reliable

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Better team exposure to understanding the available resource for our clients. Easy to use. Great visual collaborative tool for managing resource. The addition of the feed is great for checking on who's updated the schedule in the unlikely event someone has gone rogue!

Maxime Hurel

We save time...

Reviewed 2017-11-21

With Float we can export data and keep track of what we dedicate the most time to. It also updates in real time, so the creative and the production team members always have up-to-date schedules.

Sumit Ingewar

The UI is so blunt , looks like it has very limited functionality. Could love to see more features

Reviewed 2018-01-23

I don't have maintain office schedule , it is being maintained on this softwareAs soon as I open I can my daily as well as my teammate's schedule right in front me. Tabs are easily accessible. Not cluttered with so much things.

Francis Benoit

Very nice interface and easy way to see an overview of what I have to do.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Orgnisation and time planningFloat gives me a great overview of what's on today's schedule. The tool is customizable and can fit my agency's needs.

Aidan Lefrancois

Very simple and ergonomic interface.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The interface is very easy to use and understand. It is the first thing I open in the morning to know my schedule and the colours scheme are very confortable.

Philip Ramsden

Makes resourcing much easier.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Made our internal resourcing much easier.- Much better than the spreadsheet we used to use to organise resourcing! - Interface is intuitive and allows you to easily see availability based on the colour coding.

Philip Conti-Ramsden

Our business uses float to organise staffing and scheduling.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

The flexibility and ease of changing schedules as needs change. Also its simplicity. The filtering tools that you can use in order to highlight specific projects are also useful.

Jonathan KK

Good

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Project Planning Scheduling and Time Management Resource allocation Easy to use I like that I can keep track of the projects the team is working on and easily delegate work Float also helps with scheduling and timing as well as monitoring the evolution of the project.

Hernan Braberman

Float helps you plan the work schedule of a design team

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Float gives you a bird's-eye view of who's working on what and when. -Intuitive drag-and-drop interface -Look & Feel -Clean UX -Editing Tools -Daily email notifications -Great customer support

Thomas White

Simple to use tool with great user interface

Reviewed 2017-09-12

I really liked how easy it was to start working with. Importing resources and projects was easy and I liked that you could populate the template with your existing data. This made updating information particularly easy.

Ricardo Velasco

I like the straightforward approach to tasks, and the eagle view of the projects.

Reviewed 2017-09-25

The straightforward view of the projects, and the infinite calendar. The interface looks nice but it lacks key features.

Matthew Frick

Very helpful for keeping everyone connected and aware of the weekly projects

Reviewed 2017-11-03

I am able to better understand who is where and working on what at any moment.The ability to check in with coworkers and determine who is on which projects many weeks in the future.

Anonymous

Use float daily to see tasks assigned

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Easy to read and easy access to everyone's schedule. The platform really allows us to have a better idea of what everyone on the team is doing.

Jeffrey Barrios

Float has helped me improve my workflow and control. Taking advantage of my time.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Its ease of use and clean interface. It is easy to understand for a newcomer on the platform and helps visualize every task in a very easy way.