LearnUpon Reviews

LearnUpon

Unlock the power of learning with LearnUpon LMS

LearnUpon

Review Summary

Pros

The customer service is absolutely outstanding. From the very first call and email, their staff was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, and you can tell they believe in the product.

Monika M.

The reliability of this LMS, the ease of its use and navigation, as well as the fact that I almost never get calls from my clients with "systems issues", makes this an absolutely outstanding product.

Sharon d.

Cons

I think at times it can be confusing to navigate through the courses/learning path.

Sarah W.

When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is supposed to have to re-take the test or course and they cannot. Essentially they are stuck.

Richard L.

Nathan M.

4.9

Wonderful product and customer service

We have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.

Pros

The best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.

Cons

The parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.

Admin-Friendly Platform with Great Customer Support

With a tight timeline to move off of our previous platform, we found the LearnUpon team to be extremely accommodating. Our onboarding & implementation specialist went above and beyond to dedicate additional training and support hours for our team, and helped us get up-and-running on the platform in record time. Their technical support team is extremely responsive and helpful, as is our dedicated CSM....

Pros

The LearnUpon platform is very easy to get started on; we had a quick turnaround to make from our previous vendor platform, and were able to get up-and-running in less than three weeks. Their multi-portal capabilities have made it fairly easy to manage our customer, employee, and partner training programs on one platform, while still being able to create unique learning experiences for our three audiences....

Cons

The capabilities of "Manager"-level users (a permission set that sits between and Admin and a Learner) are a bit limited. The learning path user experience is not the best, but is something that is on their product roadmap to improve. Not necessarily a drawback for us, but the platform UI is not customizable beyond branding and colors, and some additional settings that can be toggled on and off (like gamification, for example), so if you're looking for a platform that is highly customizable, this probably isn't a good fit for you.

LearnUpon Customer Experience

Good software, but too expensive for our business

Pros

It is fairly easy to brand and has lots of sensible tools for engaging with your client base

Cons

I needed to be talked through a lot of the tools. The online help & support is okay, but quite difficult to understand

Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning

Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am...

Pros

I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons

At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

Intuitive, Aesthetic & Economical Solution with Rock Star Cx Support

When evaluating solutions, the LearnUpon sales team was responsive from day 1 -- you sometimes have sales teams who show up and read you their demo script, but LU showed up to listen first, and ask questions, and then demo how they could meet our needs. The trial version gave us an opportunity to test out branding and functionality requirements. Branding the trial portal to reflect our corporate...

Pros

Excellent blend of intuitive aesthetic design and functionality -- LU works the way we need it to work, as we partition projects across portals and clients into self-contained user groups. We're able to maintain our brand presence for clients, meet our organizational goals and our customers' needs effectively -- with little to no compromise on our vision. On top of this, LU customer support is the best in the business.

Cons

There's not much to not like about LearnUpon. The system continues to mature and improve incrementally with each release. More attention could (and is) being paid to Reporting capabilities. Functionality to nest Groups would also be helpful, or minimally the ability to copy an existing Group.

Excellent LMS!

This is perhaps the best experience I've ever had with a new product roll out. The customer service is leaps and bounds over any other company I've ever worked with.

Pros

We love the ease of use and the clean UI. It was really simple to jump in and start setting up our portal and when we got hung up they offer tons of resources to help you out. On the off chance that I couldn't find the answer, the LU team has always quickly answered me and I don't believe I've waited over a few hours for an answer from them.

Cons

The certificates are a little wonky, but I've been assured they are working on an update for this feature.

User-friendly

Pros

The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons

There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

Responsive Support and All the Features We Need

LearnUpon was the right fit for our company's needs, the size of our organization, and the certifications we offer.

Pros

What I like most about LearnUpon is that it is a stable product.

Cons

Learning paths in LearnUpon are a bit cumbersome.

Best LMS Hands Down

This LMS offers me a method of creating and sharing my courses with my clients and others. My business would not be where it is today, without LearnUpon.

Pros

I have been working with the folks at LearnUpon for almost 6 years. As an Administrator responsible for managing and branding my learning portal as well as developing customized courses for clients, I cannot say enough good things about it. The staff are incredibly quick to respond, are clear with their responses and want to be of assistance. They score a 10 every time with their customer service....

Cons

There are none that I can think of. I absolutely love this LMS and the people who stand behind it.

Great Product and Service

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team helped me to realize and build our online training site from the ground up. They were very patient with me in regards to training, answering my questions, and troubleshooting any issues that I encountered.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and versatile. I was able to customize the platform to match our company's banding and set it up to our very specific needs. I also like that I can choose to create a course using an external design software, upload it easily, and pair it with some of the design features already built into LearnUpon such as the exam and survey functions, or design the entire course completely within the software.

Cons

The only need that is lacking for us is the ability to sell tangible products through LearnUpon using the built in eCommerce function.

Easy for all with consistently responsive customer service

An excellent addition to the business that has freed up staff time for coaching activities, streamlined the training function and enabled us to deliver a more comprehensive supported learning pathway for a remotely based network of staff.

Pros

It is quick and easy to develop content without the need for complex software and programmers. Our interactive courses achieve 5 star reviews simply using the tools provided with the system. All of our candidates, which now number in the hundreds, are able to navigate the system and complete our courses on a wide range of devices. We were concerned that candidates would need technical support we would be unable to deliver. We did not need to worry, technical queries for candidates have been almost non existent. The small number raised by our administrators and course developers have been answered and resolved quickly thanks to LearnUpon’s fantastic team.

Cons

There isn’t anything we don’t like. More tools to help non developers create interactive courses would always be helpful in future developments to help us keep creating. One observation, the current pricing could divert small businesses from dipping their toe which would be a shame given they are the businesses that can most benefit from such a user friendly tool that doesn’t require an army of expensive developers, programmers and in-house computer experts.

Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product

We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros

It always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because...

Cons

Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch...

LearnUpon: Very Satisfied Customer

I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought...

Pros

The perfect LMS for commercial training companies. Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options that impress our clients and are easy to configure. The LearnUpon LMS is intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. It has great exam and survey features; easy to build, great learner experience and with useful, detailed reporting with filter and export...

Cons

The few limitations of the system that I have fed back to LearnUpon have either been immediately addressed or are planned for imminent updates. LearnUpon are continuously developing the LMS, with new features released every few weeks. In their clear commitment to developing the product they really listen to any feedback and take immediate action to improve the product. LearnUpon are a small...

LearnUpon LMS.......No need to look any further!!!

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been absolutely wonderful! And, I'm not just saying this.......my statement is based on 4+ years using the software. Solid, reliable, user-friendly software, a team that truly listens to their customers and makes changes based on that listening, and excellent customer service. I can't ask for much more than that! Signing up with LearnUpon is a no-brainer. If you're wavering, don't! You'll be in good hands!

Pros

LearnUpon as a software and company is top notch! The software meets all of our needs and then some. And, to make things even better their customer service is fantastic (think Ritz Carlton customer service). If LearnUpon checks all your boxes and will meet your needs, then go with them! You won't be disappointed.

Cons

The thing I liked (past tense) least is the customer experience when a customer had a login in on another portal in the larger LearnUpon ecosystem and then would sign up for our courses. However, I provided feedback to LearnUpon and they implemented an upgrade to fix this. Wow!! Top notch customer service coupled with a great software! The company listens to their customers and responds, implementing upgrades to meet their LearnUpon users needs. This has happened multiple times to me :) Kuddos to LearnUpon!

LearnUpon is easy to use as an admin and easy to imp0lement

Easiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.

Pros

I tested several LMS' based on my requirements. The main thing I wanted to see if I could setup content and courses in each without having to dig into the user guide. I found once I figured out were to go for what I wanted to do the setup was easy. The SAML SSO integration was fairly easy and support was very attentive. Our Customer Success Specialist has been very helpful and provided a great plan for us to get started. I should have taken advantage of this resource more. They are in Ireland and we are in California, but you would never even know that when you contact support, they have been very responsive. Even if they did not have the answer they got back quickly to let me know they would get the answer.

Cons

The SSO Integrations was easy, but we are seeing issues with the enrollments not properly being assigned. It is hard to diagnose if this is from our end or LU. I have noticed a few issues where users are enrolled in learning paths or courses and their dashboard will not display the content. When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is...

Hands down the ONLY Learning Management System to consider

Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. This company never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the hands-on approach they take to customer service. You are assigned a customer success manager from day one, and that individual walks you through the entire process. For us, it was the process of switching from one provider to LearnUpon, and my CSM (Sam) made the process extremely easy. If there is ever a tech issue their tech support help desk is fast to come to the rescue and they treat your issues as seriously as you do.

Pros

This LMS is very user-friendly both from the management side and the learner side. It is visually pleasing to look at, and you don't have to have any coding experience to customize the content and environment to fit your customer's needs and brands.

Cons

If I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something I didn't like I would say that on occasion there is a "click" too many in a process of creating a course or assessment. With that being said, I have been with LearnUpon now for 2 years and they are constantly improving their platform and I have seen improvement in this area.

Great ROI from LearnUpon & Postive User feedback

LU has enabled Eason to deliver impactful skills development modules and critical knowledge-building interventions with assurances on accuracy and consistency across our store-based workforce. This is achieved without any demand being placed on critical resource in store to deliver new knowledge and skill to the team. I continue to find the LU solution for Eason represents considerable return on our investment. User feedback on programmes hosted on our LU portals strongly suggest that our employees enjoy the learning experience on offer.

Pros

With a workforce in excess of 1,000 employees, many of whom have worked with Eason for over 15 years, almost all staff whether 'tech-savvy' or not, have found our LearnUpon portals to be easy to access, navigate and use. LearnUpon have made it easy to customise the look and feel of the portal with corporate colours and branding. This has helped to establish online learning within Eason as part of...

Cons

Very little. Perhaps some additional reporting criteria would be useful when tracking progress across numerous user groups.

A Great Partner

I would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.

Pros

There are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.

Cons

One frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.

Great product backed by a super team of people!

We were one of the early clients and the one factor that consistently keeps us using the platform, above all else, is the fact the level of service from day one (when LearnUpon was only starting out) was amazing. As they have grown to become a leader in the LMS space, that level of service has never changed.

Pros

We have both used and engaged (via clients) with a broad range of LMS products. The LearnUpon solution is by far one of the easiest and effective solutions we have come across. They are constantly looking to increase functionality and in my opinion are working at the edge of the latest developments in LMS solutions.

Cons

Honestly very little! I would like more flexibility around messaging as we deal with both the B2B market and also the B2C. The latter requires more frequency around messaging but we have found simple solutions to work alongside the LearnUpon platform.

A Great LMS - with an attractive User Interface

The versatile training platform allows our employees to log in and view training material remotely on any device. New material can be uploaded in a matter of minutes. Easy to follow formats keep the learner engaged and on task. The easy-to-use Dashboard make navigation simple. A great product, I would promote to anyone.

Pros

Pros: Overall management, ease of use, functionality at all levels are major time-saving benefits. Being able to brand our company makes even our newest employees feel like they are rally part of something bigger. As an administrator, the ability remote connection from anywhere is amazingly effective. The Customer Support is Outstanding. Using Learning Paths for step-by-step training has simplifies the learning process.

Cons

Occasional glitches with new user log in. However, any issues that have come up over the years were immediately corrected by tech support.

Learn Upon - Wonderful LMS and Customer Service!

Customer Service is Awesome - we receive a prompt response to any question from our LearnUpon customer service rep and team, as well as friendly support and assistance throughout implementation of our employee training.

Pros

Our Learn Upon customer representative is fantastic, along with the entire customer service team. The LMS is extremely user friendly from the standpoint of creating courses, up-loading and customizing content. Our employee-related user issues have significantly decreased since switching to Learn Upon.

Cons

Can't really think of anything negative - any issues that are raised are immediately addressed.

A fantastic LMS. Well-designed, regular updates, excellent customer service.

Pros

LearnUpon's features are robust, but it is still simple to use. It's easy to maintain on the admin side, and I don't get questions from my learners about "where do I click." I can't say enough about the quality of service LearnUpon provides to its customers. My LearnUpon rep regularly contacts me to ask about our needs and to keep me informed of new features. Tech support responds to any issues I have within hours, and they'll work until the issue is completely resolved. LearnUpon actually listens to its customers when deciding what features to add or update. Great company, great product.

Cons

As a non-profit organization, most of our e-learners are voluntary. We depend on learners' self-motivation to continue learning, so we would value more features (such as social sharing) that help users stay engaged with the platform.

Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving

LearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean. My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized...

Cons

So happy we found LearnUpon!

Pros

We like the clean look of the platform as well as the ability to customize many features for our clients. Our experience with LearnUpon has been great - LearnUpon is user-friendly, everyone I've interacted with on their team over the years has been very responsive and helpful, and we appreciate that they are continuously making feature updates and rolling out new options for their customers.

Cons

No real complaints but if I had to nit-pick, some of the default settings when we initially signed up limited the user experience but many of these small issues have since been updated and were a bit different from how an LMS is typically used.

Excellent Customer Support & Easy to use!

Our training can be done remotely and without very little help from us for setup and use. Keeps the trainee more interested in learning. Less worry about having to redo old PowerPoint Slides and other documents Constantly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to cost, setup, management, ease of use, branding per company and remote connection from anywhere you have an internet connection. Above everything else the Customer Support is Outstanding and one of the main reasons we chose this company.

Cons

The video functionality and importing. We had to buy a 3rd party app to product content because it LearnUpon does not support certain file types or editing. The upload can take a while depending on how much content and bandwidth you have. We actually found that using a 3rd party app for our videos works better for us than most other software can offer. Ultimately, this inst that bad of a trade-off for the customer support and constant functionality updates to the program.