Org Chart Software Reviews

4.62/5 (356 reviews)

Favorite Org Chart Software

Reviewed 2018-10-30

I love that it's such an intuitive product. As new hire start, you assign their manager and they get added to the system. I also LOVE the reporting tool. We use it often when we need an accurate headcount of active employees and their emails. It's so quick, and so easy to use. The UX/UI is also beautiful. Pingboard is the standard that we hold all org charts to. I also LOVE the weekly emails. Our employees really reference them, especially for new hires, knowing birthdays and anniversaries. The Out of Office integration is so great. It feeds over automatically to our Google Calendars.

Andrew Krystowiak

Well Designed Software; Basic Features

Reviewed 2018-12-07

The Pingboard software is a excellent tool, especially if you utilize it to its full extent. I would add, however, that it is does not provide features that are essentially to our business operations, so it's more of a "nice to have," as opposed to a "must have." If you have the budget for the monthly cost, I would recommend it. If you are looking to trim expenses, I would say it is not vital software at this point.The Pingboard software is very easy to use. We utilize for company communication, so that people are aware when teammate our on vacation, out sick, or on a business trip. The integrations are very helpful as well. Our Out-of-Office calendar links directly to Google Calendar and Slack, which makes communication seamless. Their customer service is exceptional as well, as they always return my requests by the next business day, and are very flexible.

Amanda Kopp

User friendly build with a need for creative flexibility

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Easy to use software and see visually. Sometimes the ease of use of all areas building off one another can be too restrictive. Would like flexibility that not everything on the actual org chart needs to be connected to a person.Ease of use in building a dynamic org chart. Searchable directory, customizable profile fields, admin and end user views, ability to create multiple org charts.

Joseph Kovba

Great tool for employee management!

Reviewed 2018-12-04

It's very nice overall and makes it easy to view your organizational structure. It would be nice if employees within a single branch could update one another's status, but it's very nice that a "manager" can update everyone below them in the chart.The software is very easy to use and allows both managers and employees to know each other's whereabouts. The mobile app. is very convenient and the integration with Google Calendar allows you to set a status in Pingboard and have it appear automatically in your Google Calendar. The "face game" is an especially nice way to get to know co-workers when your company goes from a small to medium-sized company. Also, Google Authentication makes it very easy to login both at a computer and on-the-go.

Anonymous

Where has this software been all my life?

Reviewed 2018-12-06

This has made our organization so scalable and has allowed everyone to stay communicated. We've integrated Pingboard into every process- declaring sick days, determining head counts for lunch, leveraging the "Out of Office" feature to inform and auto-update calendars. If you get a chance, use the phone app to play the faces game. A VERY fun way to get folks engaged and learn new faces. The basic info on the profile also serves as our source of truth for t-shirt sizes, etc. All around a great tool. EVERYTHING- in today's world of dynamic and nomadic workforces this tool is incredibly easy to communicate new faces, location statuses, and act as a central repository for where our largely remote workforce happens to be that day. It also ends up being a great way to explain a re-org of teams (happening often when you're growing fast!), since you can graphically see the new table of organization and who reports to who.

Simal Ince

Great way to view your org

Reviewed 2018-11-27

I can quickly access more information (especially report chain and out of status) about my colleagues. Our organization is making an effort to make sure Pingboard is used widely; I hope it becomes better in that aspect. 1. The org chart visualization is absolutely great and considering how fast it loads, I love referring back to it all the time. 2. Integration with Google Calendar is great! Single place to provide your Out of Office status and you're done!

Knowing your company

Reviewed 2018-11-15

It is very helpful especially to someone like me who needs to always coordinate with different teams everyday, but someone who do not socialize much. I can just go to their profile and pretend like I know them whenever they need help from me or whenever I need them to help me with something. Easy access to profile of each employees. I work with different departments and teams, but I'm not good in memorizing names and faces. Whenever I need to coordinate with someone from a different team or office, I check their Pingboard profile first. I try to improve in getting to know my colleagues by playing the Pingboard game in the Android app.

Pingboard Review

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Overall a great experience. I do feel like there are more features that I'm not taking advantage of, so perhaps there is an opportunity for end-user education or middle-management education to get more use of the tool. It is helpful to find who folks's roll into (who is their manager, director, vp, etc.). We also use the Out of Office to tie into a Google Calendar so everyone across the team is updated on when folks are out. The shared skills are also useful, for identifying who speaks foreign languages. I like the weekly emails. I typically take birthdays and anniversaries for my team and plug them into my calendar each week so I can remember to get that person a card, etc.

Pingboard Loades with Amazing Features

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Pingboard is so simple to use for both admins and end-users. They make regular improvements to help integrate with other apps, to the org char user interface, and to the overall feel of the product. It feels like their engineering team is really on top of things, we've had very few issues with the software.

Weston T. Hochmuth

Niche Software, Dynamically Built, Broad Application

Reviewed 2018-11-16

When a new employee joins my company, they are always blown away by one piece of software in particular. It isn't GitHub, SalesForce, Office365, or any of the boilerplate onboarding items. It is Pingboard! When you can see every person in your company on your first day, the reporting structure, the faces, people, and places, it is the singular best resource a new employee can have. Pingboard is easy for end-users and admins alike, integrates with GSuite and auto-syncs, and allows everyone in our org to connect our schedules and statuses. Pingboard support is genuine, quick to reply, and very helpful.

Jaime Caban

Love Me Some Pingboard

Reviewed 2018-10-19

The placeholder feature is super helpful. We have run into a small issue in that the CTO want's his people listed in different departments/teams and we're not quite sure how to get this accomplished because each CTO can only have one department (i think). It's really fun to use and new hires routinely let us know how helpful it is in their first days with the company.

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-11-30

It really helped us track vacation/sick time. We used an antiquated spreadsheet approach which wasn't easy to get how much time someone took at the end of the year. It also has brought a level of visibility to where people are now that we're more mobile and remote than ever.I love the out of office feature. Its the biggest reason I implemented Pingboard when I joined my current company. The org chart feature and integration with GSuite has come in handy and made onboarding super easy.

Anonymous

Fun way to get to know your teammates

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Pingboard is a fun and visually appealing way to learn about your coworkers, especially in a large organization.Single source for clear photos and information about your coworkers. I like being able to check my teammate's start dates, birthdays, job titles, or upcoming vacations from time to time. The Slack integration is helpful to know what's happening across your entire organization for the day.

Will Wiggins

Solid Directory, Org Chart, and Out of Office System

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Overall works great - we have it fully automated as Okta is pushing any changes in real time over. A couple of added features would make this perfectEasily to deploy if you use an IdP such as Okta. This made populating data and rolling out to our end users a breeze. Easy to use, mobile phone game is loved in our company, and overall is a must-have app for our company.

Christina Grijalva, RHIA, CHC

Managing Contractors on Projects in Pingboard

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Updates are in real time, so contractors can change their status and I can see it immediately. This helps in team coordination. The organization chart feature is easy to use and modify as changes occur. So it is quick and easy to keep current. I really do like this software. I like that contractors can indicate their current or future status as working remote, on vacation, sick, etc. I can quickly run a report on the status of all contractors on my team or run a report of those out of office.

Lauren Clayson

Helping Connect my Organization

Reviewed 2018-12-04

I like how easy it is to use. I can use it on my computer or on my phone, and I appreciate that I can have a colleague's contact information readily at my fingertips if I need to get a hold of them. I also like that there are pictures for each employee, I am a visual learner so it helps me match faces to a name. There are a lot of employees at my organization, so that feature is helpful.

Honestly Helpful

Reviewed 2018-12-04

It's so much easier to find out more about my coworkers. A lot of us work remotely from home or in different offices around the country and this helps us learn more about our team and know where we all are at any given time.It makes finding info about unknown or new coworkers super easy. I can share what I know about the company, information about myself and when I'm going to be out of the office.

Anonymous

Functional & easy to use!

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Easy to use, streamlined & multi-functional. I like that you can make mock-ups of hypothetical org structures & put placeholders for "TBD" positions. Out of office, remote, etc. statuses are very helpful (if only everyone was consistent about using them)! I love using Pingboard to double check or confirm an employee's start date or title.

Capitalize on your simplicity

Reviewed 2018-11-30

I like how simple Pingboard is. We have other software that overlaps with a lot of the features in pingboard but our org has yet to migrate from using Pingboard for the Org Chart and Out of Office.

Useful for Managing Out of Office Time for Large Teams

Reviewed 2018-12-04

The Google Calendar integration combined with Teams allows me to easily see who is in our out of the office on my team at a glance. It's also nice that I can look up co-workers who are not on my team, but I may be looking for.

Amanda Hurley

Great Software! Additional Functionality would be benificial for custoemers

Reviewed 2018-11-14

It's been super helpful, but a could of the cons I described above would bring it to next level.I'm a pingboard admin, it's helpful to see people's personal preferences when putting together something person (an anniversary or thank you gift for example). It's also helpful to track where co-workers are and quickly see their contact info.

Jonathan Akhavan

Returning user

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Customer Service is awesome, some of the best I've worked with. I wish the SW also prompted people in email to upload their picture and complete their profile so I don't have to nag them.Autoloads new hires into Pingboard and the "who's new" email including anniversaries each Monday.

Anonymous

Great, hope to see more features to come!

Reviewed 2018-11-05

It's easy at a glance to find out where people are/if they're out of the office and understand our organization's structure quickly when we might have a flurry of new hires or other major changes to the company.

Useful Software for Mid/Large Business | Organizational Chart Software

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Pingboard has a very useful interface- you can search by department, role, tenure, whatever specifically you are looking for, and it brings up the information with ease. Also, the ability to see an organizational chart as a "web" is a very cool feature. I enjoy using it because it shows all of the contact info for an organization, but also shows if they are away, on vacation, and if not there, who to contact instead.

Claire O'Hara

Great app/easy to use

Reviewed 2018-10-30

It's just easy to get to and it's all in one placeI like that you can update your status and your team can see where you are. I like that you can see everyone's info like their title, where they are located. Makes it easy for Recruiting to use this app.