Kronos Workforce Ready Reviews

4.07/5 (409 reviews)

Leesa Pettenger

Promised everything would work with our setups, but only about half was delivered. We've learned to live with it by implementing manual work arounds that put the responsibility employee & the payroll analyst.

Reviewed 2018-07-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Most of the reporting functions are great. The general look and feel of the website is great. Time clocks were easy to update when we got new badges and we never have issues with missed punches. The Manage Payroll function works well. It's easy to make changes to most features to get it working how we want it.

Michele Onofrio

Workforce Ready

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-07-07
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a good program for our purposes, and it is used by accounting and HR. I can't comment for accounting, but HR is making good use of the program. After training (and retraining,) I am able to maneuver through the program easily. It's good to be able to adjust the company settings so that some fields are auto filled, such as our benefits guidelines. Reports are easy to customize, although I need more practice because I only run them infrequently. It's good to be able to save reports for ease of running them the next time. Easy to download to excel for further customizing the reports. I have admin access, so I am able to get whatever information I need quickly, without being blocked. I am in the program many times throughout the day. It's easy to manage my own time and requests for time off as well, both for myself and on behalf of others (when they forget!) The benefits feature and ability to get copies of W-2's and other forms both for myself and employees is a good one. The amount of information on each employee is very thorough. There are times we have layoffs, and then recalls, so it is easy to REHIRE the employees, with their previous information already loaded.

Lindsay Mattes

Big Company Technology - Small Family Feel

Review Source: Software Advice

As a new user of Kronos - I have been impressed with the value placed on customer service and community support. Workforce Ready is a newer platform and as with all changes, there are a few glitches; however, the tech support and responsiveness makes you feel as though the system issues are minor and worth it. Every single time we call for assistance, the experience is helpful rather than stressful. Product wise - I love the cloud technology and the community features. One of my favorite features is the export option. When first using the product I kept looking for where to "Run Reports" for basic info - when I realized I could manipulate the columns and then just export the data I was looking at I was thrilled. It isn't complicated, doesn't require that I run a bunch of numbers - I just pick what I want to know at that moment & export the file. Then I can easily sort/filter the excel data as needed. I also appreciate the ability to search by multiple details - other platforms require the last name only, but WFR let's me search by multiple features - including the exact name or "starts with". I still have a lot to learn about the system and am anxious for the upgrades and suggestions to be implemented (like the ability to click back/forth between pages as you move through a file without having to go back to the home page); however, I'm pleased with the product and love the relationship - so as long as the focus stays on technological advances, combined with stellar customer service - Kronos will get my vote at the executive table. PEOPLE! Software is available and mostly similar - we have a lot of choices in HRIS/Payroll systems, so how you treat your customers is the most important factor in being better. Kronos has this in spades!!

Lisa Reed

Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features.

Reviewed 2017-03-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Kronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place. 1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting. 2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with. 3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc. 4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.

Teresa Niemeyer

Kronos Workforce Ready is the best timekeeping system I have ever used

Reviewed 2017-08-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Not only is the payroll system a well oiled machine, the HR module turned out to be better than we could have hoped for or expect. So much of the manual tasks that either Payroll or HR would perform are now automated. Kronos has really been a blessing and the price for a product of this quality is incomparable to other products on the market (which were thoroughly researched before deciding on Kronos).My duties have come down to literally pushing a few buttons to generate a bi-weekly payroll for 200 hospital workers. The reporting functions are endless, in addition to the already prepared reports within the system, it is extremely easy to build your own and have the exact information you want to see on a report. I am able to do the quarterly reports in about 10 minutes (including submission to the various entities). The customer support is phenomenal. If you've ever had tech support that the rep didn't really understand the problem or their job and tried to correct your system only to find it become even worse, you will really appreciate Kronos support. I have yet to be let down, they are very personable, intelligent and an expert in the field to which your question is based. I really can't say enough wonderful things about Kronos functionality and support.

Penny Hulka

Ease of Going Paperless

Review Source: Software Advice

Kronos Workforce Ready has lead us in the direction we have been wanting to go with reducing the amount of paper we process in HR and Payroll daily and allowed us to have more efficient, instant communication with our employees. We are utilizing the Onboarding process. We allow employees to make demographic changes and view their payroll data, such as pay statements, as a self-service option. We are beginning the benefits enrollment which will automatically add the payroll deductions to payroll. Our payroll processing has been reduced from 3 days to 1 day. Chasing down lost paperwork that was sent through the mail is no longer an issue. We have recently completed the integration with Workforce Central's Timekeeper.Kronos has taken us to the next level in service that we were looking for. It is very easy to use for creating your own reports and importing data. We couldn't be more pleased with how they helped us work through our custom profit sharing allocation.

Stephen Neroda

Kronos aims to be the one-stop-shop for your HRIS solution.

Reviewed 2018-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall great product. It's the way we get paid, and the taxes are all right. I attended the payroll class and they have solutions for living in all different counties in Pennsylvania with their thousands of local taxes. Say 95/100 things go right, the 5 things feel bad, but you forget how much work it makes to make anything right. It often takes one thing to make a program go awry.Many modules and what they don't do well they are investing on to make it more of a one-stop shop. Most of the users in the company can use this fairly easily. The setup on the back end is comprehensive. The reporting is good and easy to use, but you can't change the width of columns on the screen and some columns are missing. The support staff takes tickets and work with you over the phone and share screens with you so reporting issues is a breeze. I've been invited to a subgroup for development for a certain feature and it's great to get some eyes on the product before release so i can prepare some training materials for my company.

Caleb Johnson

Kronos - an excellent HCM software

Reviewed 2018-11-07

We were tasked with the challenge of payroll management, accrual management just to name a few. These problems were all resolved by employing Kronos Workforce Ready as our central point of data storage and data management.Kronos Workforce Ready is one of the best HCM software on the market in this category and does a pretty good job of managing data. It has a large set of very useful reports available to be exported in the most popular formats, has the option to customize reports to suite your needs and also you can schedule your reports to be sent or delivered to and email address at your convenience which really cuts out a lot of the manual labor. It has a well thought tru time-sheet feature and which allows easy management of all employees hours per day per week. The recruitment features are an excellent asset as it allows applicants to create a profile while applying in which makes hiring the applicant a breeze with the click a a button. Overall, the Payroll Management, Recruitment Management and Employee Management features are top notch just to name a few and I would recommend Kronos to any medium to large company.

Dawn Tishkoff

Most Comprehensive System on the Market

Reviewed 2017-02-15
Review Source: Software Advice

My organization started with WFR's HR and TML. Employees, managers and administrators were impressed with the ease of use, the robust amount of information at their finger tips and the reporting capabilities. After a year and a half of using HR and TML, my organization decided to transfer our payroll to WFR as well. Having HR, Time and Labor and Payroll integrated with each other has allowed my HR team to evolve from and administrative department to a strategic business partner.I love that employees and managers have virtual personnel files at their fingertips. Through Employee Self Service, employees can access and change their address, beneficiaries, payroll information, enroll online for benefits, request time off and maintain their schedules. Managers can access employment history, process compensation changes, approve timesheets and upload and review current and previous performance reviews. Instead of tracking down information, entering payroll changes and being the timesheet monitor, my team and I can use our knowledge and skills to make our employees and organization better.

Paulette Myers

Implementation for small government utility

Review Source: Software Advice

Kronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult. Kronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.

Rodica Marc

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

Reviewed 2017-07-06
Review Source: Software Advice

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons. Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Jessica Williams

Easy to use system that reports easily.

Reviewed 2017-09-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers! The use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.

Diane Golder

New and Refreshing

Reviewed 2017-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Kronos is a tool that our Company is learning as we go, and it is much more we have to learn. But the over all learning process is great ! Once you get it, there is more that will tie into the one thing that you learned about that day. You have to explore and get into the process and you will see that Kronos has a lot to offer. When our company first signed on with kronos we were just using the timekeeping module and later we signed on to use the payroll module, and Wow that opened up a lot of what Kronos can accomplish, We are a company with a lot of different issues that a normal company would not have. But Kronos was able to accommodate us with our needs. They have a great support team (The Application Consultant) (Technical Support team). I like the way this product ties in and gives you what you need. You can create any kind of report.

Joyce Wohler

Exceptional Time keeping

Reviewed 2018-10-02
Review Source: Software Advice

General note to anyone considering Workforce Ready: We have been using this product since 2012. I seldom need to contact Support for assistance as this product tends to work great with minimal problems. When I have reached out for assistance the staff has done a great job resolving problems in a timely manner. You can expect a great product, courteous and professional service.We have a wide variety of pay codes and rules. We have built in overtime, shift differentials, Differentials for field training, etc. I have worked with other software programs and Workforce Ready is a program that has been extremely accurate for time keeping. Workforce is one of the best software programs I have worked on for payroll. It is easy to use and understand.

Paul Mordue

Controller

Reviewed 2017-02-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Kronos Workforce Ready is an excellent product for us and a definite upgrade over the Workforce Central version we were on. Every software has its shortcomings, but they have been few and far between with WFR. The last KronosWorks conference had plenty of WFR ready classes and a considerable number of users to interact with. Customer service has been a strong suit for Kronos regardless of which product you are on. Reporting functionality in WFR is by far the best change from WFC, but also better than any other software we use throughout our company. Since WFR is on the cloud, the continual upgrades are done for us, saving us time and money.

Steve Peterson

The time keeping system that brought us into the new age.

Reviewed 2018-05-09
Review Source: Software Advice

The clocks are resilient and easy to use, none of our employees have any complaints.It is quick, accurate, and cloud based (so it is available everywhere). It combined our 4 locations, and digitized our PTO system while allow us to use the same access card for time keeping as we do for a door access system.

Elisa Murphy

Kronos workforce ready

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-08-01
Review Source: Software Advice

The support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.Flexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.

John Andrew Concepcion

Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more.

Reviewed 2018-09-20

Clocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.

Kelly Hughes

Workforce Ready Review

Reviewed 2017-10-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Ease of use; cloud based program - data is available from any log on; multiple reports available to use for various needs.

Carla Bowman

Great Software with wonderful Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-09-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.If any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.

Hadassah Wurzburger

5 years and counting

Reviewed 2018-09-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been using Kronos Workforce Ready for almost 5 years and am very satisfied with the product. The system is easy to navigate, simple to key in the information, has the ability to run ad-hoc reports and also customize and export them in multiple formats. I also use the system for my payroll processing for almost 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The system is simple and has clear workflow to follow for quick and easy processing. If I ever run into an issue, I am able to place a ticket via phone or online with Customer Service and they are pretty quick with getting back to me and assigning me someone who knows how to assist me with my problem.

Kevin Black

WFR Review

Reviewed 2017-03-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall we have been happy moving from Workforce Central to Workforce ReadyEasy to use for admin as well as employees. Self service is very easy to implement Allows employees to review pay statements and print, W2's, review time sheets, request time off, and review their profile Security functions for data access has a variety to set up multiples levels for managers to view employees. Reporting is great, easy to use and create your own reports Ability to have HR, Payroll, T&A, Leave, Benefits, Recruitment and more hosted by Kronos in the cloud No more legislative updates, version updates or consulting fees to do updates. All updates are done for you. Once you understand the configurations of policies it is easy to make adjustments. Tech support is always helpful to make any changes.

Lily Pu

Good HRIS System with Improvement needed

Reviewed 2018-09-14
Review Source: Software Advice

A more simple and general training or user guide would be better for first time user in understanding how to start using the system.Usage are fairly easy to locate data and info. Reporting are one of the best feature in this system as it is very versatile and customizable in adding or deleting info to achieve desired result, exporting the report is quick and comes with many formats. Some of the built in lookup function comes in handy and saves time.

Paula Leister

Workforce Ready is a good product that has been able to solve most of our pain points.

Reviewed 2018-09-14
Review Source: Software Advice

We like the ability to easily see the entire team's time on a dashboard that can be customized to our individual preferences. The ability to approve time sheets for multiple employees easily and quickly is also a highlight of the product. The reporting function is easy to customize reports as needed and share them with others.

Gretta Ensrud

Good product

Reviewed 2017-05-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Web based so I can access anywhere/anytime, user friendly, good report options, strong security, better payroll functioning capabilities than our previous system.