GenieBelt Reviews

4.24/5 (97 reviews)

Martin Hickey

Get this app and stop wasting your time and money

Reviewed 2016-05-23

I have been using for two years now. Getting up to date and accurate progress reports is key for us to save time on our projects by being proactive. I knew GenieBelt was a real game changer for us as soon as I started. I am really impressed with GenieBelt and would be surprised if it does not reduce expenses. The platform is about being flexible to change, share information, and adjust your plans according to the other stakeholders. It shows everyone's responsibilities, across the design team and the subcontractors and we are currently about 70 different operatives working on site that uses GenieBelt. - The ideal is that everyone does their own reporting, but as it is custom when implementing new systems, there have been a bit of resistance to change, where we had some mixed experience in getting all the contractors to do their reporting. But most people carry a smartphone these days, so it's possible, In general, the workers really like GenieBelt. We have worked about 130 years in the construction business, and we use some subcontractors more often than others. The ones we work with the most also use GenieBelt more, since they know we prefer to use it. - The main problem about delays is when people don't know where they are in a process. For example, a team may arrive on Monday and expect to be finished with a task Friday ' but gets delayed a day. This scenario tends to actually cost more than a day, since everyone else have to adjust their plans to it. And if a team finishes early and nobody knows about it, you cannot gain economically from it. Finishing quicker always makes money and that is how GenieBelt helps us.

Torsten Petersen

Easy to set up, great overview with the Gantt chart

Reviewed 2017-01-06

As a tech company, we needed a project management tool. We were aware that GenieBelt is primarily for physical infrastructure building purposes; but we decided to give it a shot, given its good initial impression. We have now moved on to a different tool (but still haven't settled), as we felt that a few key things were perhaps too specifically intended for physical infrastructure projects. We do miss the Gantt chart: it gave us the best overview we've ever had, along with easy interaction. Good UX too. Given its ease of setup, do try it out and see if it ends up being a good fit.Gantt chart, great UX.

Syed Jahangir Zafar

I am using this app since 2016. its amazing for us.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

No documentation work is required after completion of project. This app automatically makes a complete documentation work for your project,real time pics uploading. budget monitoring. task management and specially one thing that make this software is you can run it without internet on field.

Traficanto Ryan

A Review of GenieBelt.

Reviewed 2018-09-10

GenieBelt is ideal for CM and basic scheduling pertaining to an array of different project uses. Overall we enjoy the idea that it helps to connect our users' home office to our main work sites and shared sites, making it easy to locate blueprint and plans and PDF files. It is also useful in our team based progress reporting goals. We like that GenieBelt enables our employees working remotely, to function on close levels with corporate help. As far as construction management software, it is top notch. Multiple dashboard features and a cloud based storage platform make for a sleek and efficient module. We also appreciate the mobile reporting aspects and picture uploading tools.

Nigel Spratt

First Day of Using Geniebelt and I'm hooked!

Reviewed 2016-02-22

I like the fact Geniebelt combines programming and the ability to track progress / updates per specific task. I update items daily and add info to the audit trail including delays and disruptions, the program has replaced my site diary. I had a few queries and they were answered quickly by the friendly team. Very impressed so far. Feedback: It would be good if task items on the programme could be coloured for different trades i.e. groundworks, brickwork etc. It would be good if the extended section of a task which is overdue (past the original finish date) could be identified in a different colour to show how many days/weeks the task is in delay.

Mathias Refnov

Got the basics, and then some

Reviewed 2016-06-23

I have been using Geniebelt to keep track of my projects and getting a good overview of my project portfolio.Easy and intuitive to use and has a nice visual. Able to use a free account with lots of useful functions. Fast support.

Timothy Cocaro

Amazing project management tool for builders on the go

Reviewed 2016-01-28
Review Source: Software Advice

The staff at Geniebelt has worked closely with our team to ensure we are well trained and we get the most out of the application. The product itself is the first of its kind that lets our ground teams work closely with the office, updating status, planning and issues. It has saved our company thousands and is well worth trying if you want to improve your current processes particularly when it comes to an easy to implement, follow and update PM system.

Vladi Nedelev

School usage

Reviewed 2016-12-15

I really enjoy using it. It helped our group work to be way more organized and clear. The best thing is that is accessible from everywhere on every single minute.Accesible in different devices and OS

Ryan Morgan

Fantastic collaboration hub software

Reviewed 2016-03-11

AreaSq whom is part of The Fourfront Group runs about 100 projects a year. We had previously used Woobius until the website closed down and have been searching for a good replacement. There are a lot of Collaboration hub websites out there but we felt that they were either very complex (and expensive) and required a lot of training or you ended with a Dropbox style that used file space on your PC's drive. It was quite a relief to find GenieBelt which in my opinion is a vastly improved upgraded version of Woobius with so much more. The programme has a very easy means of issuing drawings & sharing documents, and the audit tracking is brilliant. We haven't fully explored the tasks side of the programme yet, but can see its benefits. The Geniebelt app is great for when you are onsite and urgently need to see the latest drawings. The customer service has been very good and practically instant when you have an issue. The team have also been listening to our ideas and are quite happy to accommodate our needs. Overall I am very happy with Geniebelt

Vladislav Nedelec

I just love it <3

Reviewed 2016-11-02

We used it in school and make our projects way more organised and easier for control! It helped us to know how the things are supposed to be done and what to expect in the future on our technical development.That it is online and there is an app

Patrick Fitzsimons

Very useful project management software with great support.

Reviewed 2016-07-01

Have started using GenieBelt recently. Early days but already using it on two projects with more to come. Very good for communicating and keeping audit trails for tasks, keeping record of documents and access to latest drawings.The ease of use. The support is excellent and it seems as if the team are keen to bring on new features but only when they are as intuitive to use as the current features. We found this to be in contrast to other Project Management software that try to do all and become impossible to use.

RK GAUTHAM

MAKE THE CHANGE TRANSFORMATIONAL !

Reviewed 2016-12-12

While GenieBelt is a great tool to allocate & track project deliverables, store and access documents and Generate & share reports, I believe there is still more to a project than just these. I think integrating project information with the building special model is the next step. Which means real-time corroboration of Geniebelt data with the 3-dimentional BIM is what is needed to make this tool really effective. Team GenieBelt should also be working on bringing the IPD ( Integrated Project Delivery) approach into the tool and see if the data in GenieBelt could be seamlessly extended to Real Estate, Design, Procurement, Field and Facility Management aspects too. Finally, GenieBelt should get on to every handheld & wearable gadget on the project site and work in the Augmented / Mixed Reality environments to make the transformation of Construction Management complete.

Nicolai Ebbensgaard

Visual and constantly evolving

Reviewed 2016-09-21

GenieBelt offers a very visual view of the time schedule, which makes it very easy to see the status of the project. Under each task you can, other than assign a "task leader", share information about the task, which can be helpful for whoever is ask to complete it. Also the developers uses the feedback from there users, to improve various aeras of the program or to add new features.Visual, easy to use, focus on communication

Naveed Abbas Rana

Project Monitoring

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2016-12-09

Project Management I access to all tasks all the time and Interactive Gantt chart to track timing and delays on your construction site allocate people to builder tasks, then manage contractors and monitor their progress. Import a program from MS Project and run it live, in real-time, in GenieBelt. it keeps a bird's eye view on all projects - know which workers are on what tasks.Project Management Access to all tasks all the time. It's simple for anyone to access daily reports on progress in seconds, to all relevant parties and contractors.

Sveinn Einarsson

Simple, productive

Reviewed 2017-01-06

I have used the Geniebelt at group work at the school with a good success, everybody were informed about what was happening and good and simple overview of the process and the fact that we could just check out the task on the phone instead of opening a program that is saved on a file on a certain place. Simple and user-friendly, with a good and simple overview. And everybody of the group is informed all the time about what is happening and if there are some changes in the plan.

Jakob Hansen

A positive all round experience

Reviewed 2016-05-17

Simple, easy to use and has the required elements to use in the construction business. Provides a good interface for planning and executing a project, and if trust is established in the group, Geniebelt is a fantastic tool to maintain flow and focus. It's lightweight and versatile, and the learning curve is acceptable, especially on the mobile apps. The plans are easy to read and scales well. What you see is also what you get, there are no hidden limitations, and a superuser is not a requirement. Anybody with experience in building can use this and save time, even if its just for a simple visualization of a plan, file-sharing or monitoring progress. I've been using Geniebelt for 2 years and it's the best all round program, if not the only one, for the building process including contractors and building owners.

Astrid Fremstad Bergen

Excellent customer service.

Reviewed 2016-02-23

Geniebelt helps us with the day-to-day status on a project with many locations. Our project is not the typical building-project which GenieBelt is designed for, but has still proven to be a very useful tool for registrering problems og keeping track of the overall progress of our project. GenieBelts customer service is excellent! Always ready to help!

Olga Sigthorsdottir

An easy way to follow the process of your project

Reviewed 2016-03-15

For me the biggest quality of GenieBelt is how easy it is to use. The interface is simple and it is easy to follow the progress of the project. There are still some small things that could be better but I know the GenieBelt staff is working hard to solve the problems. Their customer service is excellent and they are always willing to help and improve the program.

Somar Hassan

Great innovative app

Reviewed 2016-12-15

My bachelor thesis was on smartdevice apps for the construction industry. In my research I found Geniebelt to be one of the most valuable apps on the market. It offers great capabilities for construction managers such as scheduling, state reporting, communication, drawings and file management. All offered in a very user-friendly framework. This app is ideal for managers to plan and get an overview of the ongoing activities on one or more sites, including quick communication and problem solving in collaboration with partners and contractors. I definitely recommend construction managers to try the app out.It is user-friendly and has a wide range of capabilities. Good for planning, progress overview and communication.

David Alward

Great Format

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-01-05

I used my trial subscription for a Project that we eventually did not get to do. However, I was evaluating several different PM software programs and Genie Belt was at the top of my list. I really like the format and the drill down feature.We are in the structured cabling industry so we work on many construction sites. I am impressed with the feature set but was not able to use it like I would have liked. The one thing I would have liked is some more templates. I am a PMP and therefore am partial to the PMI standards. So a PMI standard basic template set would be nice. I know we could use the document management but I like the integrated templates that some offer. I also very much like the Android App. I think the app had more features than other apps. I also like the access to the documents and the Task tracking of problems. I am looking forward to our next opportunity to use this service. The Mobile App and the features. I also like the drill down feature. The Dashboard is set up nice and the quick access to the budget is great.

Tim Nance

Great software

Reviewed 2016-11-16

Easy to use, didn't have any issues. Great customer service they got me set up and going in no time. Thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty.Easy to use

Dan Brown

A user friendly system, that offers great value commercially and operationally

Reviewed 2016-01-27

Genie Belt has been part of our Project set up for over 10 months we have found the Genie Belt team to be proactive and supportive. Each enhancement to the system is well thought out and practical - nothing added to over complicate the user experience.

Tom Whilbey

Won't stop hassling

Reviewed 2017-01-11

I was invited to a Genie belt project by a client who wanted us to report on his project using this software. The software worked ok but is a bit basic compared to Microsoft project that we normally use and doesn't have the same level of functionality or Microsoft office functionality. Since the project has finished and I have no need to use Geniebelt anymore I am getting constant spam emails from them about user experience etc. I have unsubscribed from the emails but they keep contacting me. In short if you want a cheap and basic solution and you never intend to stop using it then this is highly recommended.

Lucas Frediani

Good user experience with improvements to be made to the content of the activities

Reviewed 2016-04-26

Interesting product because it is very fast and streamlined in the data view, also simplified to improve the management of the shipyard costs for processing items that can be automated with the length of the days and divided by resource (eg employees and materials, an app open source as ganttproject an automated calculation for example). As for the nice interface but the sincronizzaizone Mobile App is poor, often have to close and reopen the app to get updates on the progress, interesting to see the home of the mobile app the percentage of progress but it would be helpful to see even if the yard He is traveling late.

Brian Van Etten

I think this product was well worth the money spent

Reviewed 2017-01-06

I love the fact that I can get updated on the spot with projects and project managers. Live progress from the site is one of the greatest features. I also use this a sales tool when selling jobs. I can show clients the app and show them my progress on my current projects. Great toolJob progress updates