JobBOSS² Logo
JobBOSS²

JobBOSS2 promotes the profitability of scaling job shops.

visit website

JobBOSS² Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.36/10

Reviews by rating

It does help create meaningful process instructions that helps the manufacturing process flow more smoothly. It helps track shipments and OTD which is beneficial to our organization.
I like the integration with QuickBooks for small businesses, I recommend this option instead of using the accounting in JobBoss. I am extremley happy with the way this works.
Support staff are nice and helpful and they always walk me through anything I've mucked up. The program is easy to use, it's not real complicated, more user friendly then some packages out there.
This often led to data entry errors, information not available when needed, and frustration throughout the organization.
Use the parts you have correctly, and fully. Get buy in from everyone or you will end up with bad data.
Most of their updates are just "bug fixes. They have an idea portal for users to submit feedback, but I seriously doubt they even consider any of these.

Pat M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Excellent system

Excellent!

Pros

We are a small manufacturing facility - but small does not mean we don't need the same data as the "bigs". E2 in it's old form was terrific - however the cloud based version is superior! Functionality - ease of reports, working with other platforms....we can't say enough! We are now working on customizing some reports and I can't wait til they are part of our daily work! Great software, great people, great value!

Cons

IF we can't figure out a custom report and need some form changes...it has taken longer than we like - however....that is the only downside thus far!

DL

Dave L.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

E2 Review

It did what we needed it to do. Monitor Inventory, Produce Quotes , Acknowledgements, Invoicing. Keep a History. It has been an improvement over using spreadsheets like we were doing.

Pros

Cons

Need a basic scheduling of orders interface without buying another package.

DB

Don B.

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

ECI Jobbos Software is Non Intuitive and non flexible, and the Trap you into a year contract

The software is probably the most poorly developed and an un-useful software that I have ever experienced. The product was complete and absolute garbage. I should have fire the employee who spec'd it in. The implementation in trying to get the software to do what we wanted was a nightmare, so after 9 months of trying to "tweak" the system to do what we wanted, and another 2 months of just trying...

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. There was nothing that we liked about the software

Cons

The Description field for parts is limited to 30 characters. The database does not include a vendor/manufacturing part number field as a standard filed and you have to do workaround to get it to show on your purchase order. The software is completely non-intuitive, is extremely cumbersome and non-flexible and then they nickel and dime for every single change. The implementation phase was a total joke where after 9 months it still was not doing what we need it to do.. And then they to not make it clear that it is an annual subscription and that you need to provide a 30 day notice prior to renewal which they do not even inform you that it is a renewal. They simply tell you a few days ahead of time that you need to upload a license key.

EB

Eric B.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Statements

We have used E2 to make a large inventory and manage it better and efficiently.

Pros

All areas in the manufacturing process can all be done on one software.

Cons

When you tab over creating a new order and adding part number you can accidently tab to fast and it will us a sub menu for a different quantity.

KL

Kary L.

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

Long Time User

Pros

1) User Friendly 2) Robust 3) Complete ERP System 4) Great Customer Support

Cons

Nothing. This product does everything we needed it to do and efficiently.

CG

Christy G.

Maritime, 1-10 employees

E2 Shop System for Manufacturing

The E2 Shop system has improved our quoting capabilities, which in turn, increases our bottom line. Our company uses Quickbooks and the interface has been consistent and reliable. And again, on the few times where there has been connectivity issues with Quickbooks, E2's technical support was able to resolve the problem very quickly.

Pros

This software is very consistent throughout all modules which makes it very user friendly. Also, the customer service is excellent. Each time I have encountered any issues, I can get a technician on the phone immediately who can remote in and resolve my issue instantly. They are knowledgeable, communicate clearly, and very efficient.

Cons

There is a bit of a lag time in using the online version, but the data is secure and the updates are frequent. Also, it does not retain historical pricing information for cost of materials, which would be useful when analyzing particular material costs.

DB

Darla B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Good tool

The system works well in going back to find orders, customer tracking and works for providing packing slips.

Pros

Easy order tracking system, user-friendly, is now web based.

Cons

Adding inventory and parts is laborious.

Construction, 11-50 employees

We have implemented this for a month now

We purchased E2 Shop System in October after months of research to find a manufacturing system that would integrate well with our accounting software that is already in place. There are several little quirks and kinks that we quickly discovered upon deploying the system that just made it a bit more tedious to use that honestly we probably wouldn't have purchased the software had we known this during...

Pros

Web-based, Interface looks nice, Shipment progress is easy to follow

Cons

Difficult to learn, Manuals are out-dated, Customer support is hit or miss, Training classes are sometimes less than helpful and leave you desiring that one-on-one instruction.

Sandra C.

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

I love how easy E2 Shoptech is to use for the average person and the integration with Quickbooks.

Pros

Ease of use and the integration with Quickbooks for accounting. Reports look great and its awesome that you can get help to customize the reports if you want. It is also very easy to train someone to use even if that person has not had any real experience using software systems.

Cons

I really do not like the scheduling module. I don't think it works for our type of work and just is difficult for us to figure out.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Turned my shop around

Cannot live without it now.

Pros

Loaded with features. Took my manually operated shop to the next level and then some. We cannot live without it now. Custom applications available that make it even better. I can watch and control my shop from anywhere!

Cons

setup was tiresome and takes a good bit of learning.

LT

Lisa T.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

I no longer wanted my shop to run me....

E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

Pros

The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

Cons

We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

MB

Monica B.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

We think this is the perfect software!

We can't say enough about the outstanding support and customer service from the folks at Shoptech. They have always been an absolute pleasure to work with - extremely responsive and knowledgeable!

Pros

We are a 20 person precision machining and sheet metal fabrication shop. We do everything from prototype to large quantity production runs, and E2 Shop System does everything we need it to! This software follows a part from cradle to grave; from establishing raw material part numbers all the way thru to cash receipts, it ties every aspect of a job together, and is extremely user friendly! I love...

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't feel like there's anything "missing" with this software. Of course, there are the occasional "glitches", but Shoptech is very responsive and quick to come up with a fix! If I HAD to find something to complain about, it would be that the "maintenance fees" are a bit high for the web based version. However, not needing to maintain a server and the expense associated therewith, it's probably close to a wash!

rd

richard d.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a custom fabricator of precision metal parts and assemblies. We are very diverse in our customer market base, each of which has their particular needs and associated challenges. We started out several years ago using Excel spreadsheets for quoting that became increasingly complex and customized. The maintenance aspect of the quotes and quoting process became very convoluted and messy. The biggest...

WB

William B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Archaic & Tedious

Archaic and Tedious is exactly how I would describe Exact JobBoss. There are significant limitations in the software to consider up front. Part numbers are limited to 30 Characters. Drawing numbers are limited to 16 characters. General Description field is limited to 30 characters. Their answer to this is to provide an extended description dialog box. But you can not see the value of extended...

Pros

It has quoting, materials, costing, and scheduling, and job status capabilities.

Cons

Sadly the UI is severely lacking. And it seems not much thought is given to usability and efficiency.

KH

Kevin H.

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Entry level manufacturing software for shops willing to change to fit their ERP

It's not that our sales volume has outgrown JobBoss, but our processes have. The lack of flexibility and customization are forcing us to work outside of JobBoss (e.g. custom software). The more that happens, the more obvious it is that JobBoss isn't right for us. I always consider JobBoss as a first source for our processes. Most of the time it can do something similar to what we want, but we would have to make serious concessions to make it fit. Ps. Stop sending "Important JobBoss Updates" that are primarily selling custom utilities.

Pros

In general, it's easy to use. Each module has similar buttons and interfaces. I think the AR/AP modules work well since it's not the primary focus of the software.

Cons

Quote entry has extremely limited ability to adjust margins (it can do it, but it's not easy). Adjusting margins are key for job shop environments. After speaking with support about my needs, they told me to quote outside of the system. Which means, I was literally told not to use your product. Legacy fields get stuck in the system. There's a lot of clutter in our system because we need to change...

RE

Roy E.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

One of the best

I have used JobBoss for the last 6 years and it's great for a shop like ours with custom products. It handles everything from the initial customer quote to turning it into a sales order, defining specific jobs and component jobs all the way through shipping and invoicing. The various processes you might need are logically organized into modules which make performing specific tasks easy. The downside...

Pros

The level of detail available about any project, material requirements for the project, routing steps, and tracking of progress. A complete system available to manage every aspect of the shop from scheduling of employees and jobs, payroll, materials, and more. XML support to allow you to use external programs to exchange data with JobBoss.

Cons

Inability to really drill down from a broad overview of projects in the shop down to specific details of a single job. Customer support for using XML extremely limited. Poor documentation on using it. Does not allow you to require completion of a routing step before beginning the next. Ability to track progress is 100% dependent upon employees logging into a job and recording their progress without any enforcement policy within the program.

MK

Melissa K.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

If you are a company that is looking to truly maximize an ERP system to organize your company thoroughly, I would keep searching.

Pros

E2 user for 13 years, sequel version. Most manufacturing companies hardly utilize more than 50% of an MRP/ERP, and don't put the effort to truly comprehend the system to ever fully utilize. In those cases, this would be a good system to use. It does a lot of muscle work for you if you use it right. If you are truly ok with simply letting their scheduling module spit out a generic schedule that is limited in work-ability, this would be a good system. The most updated version has more bells a whistles which is nice but for us was fundamentally lacking in real change and not worthy of the investment to upgrade - plus the fact it is an entirely new system where you would lose all your history was additionally disappointing.

Cons

The system has way too many issues. The purchasing module is as stagnant and rigid as it gets. No room for flexibility. The estimating module is also disconnected on very basic levels from the purchasing side. The scheduling module has not been updated in any sort of substantial way since the beginning and is entirely too slow to be of use if you actually want to actively manage your variables. It crashes a lot (and yes, we had it set up by them so no reason there). The support is BASIC. Within 1 year, I was more knowledgeable than the staff trying to help me with questions I had. Constant system issues where quantities duplicate on their own, or system crashes when running a report (which some of them take a really long time).

RW

Robert W.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Growing Our Business

Seventeen years ago I was brought into CAMCO to research and implement a comprehensive business and shop control solution for them. Other previous attempts to do so weren't working out and then we found Shoptech. I'm still here! Shoptech has enabled us to control and track the hundreds of jobs and thousands of associated parts that flow through our business monthly. We can see where our time and materials are and have a precise breakout of costs and income. The accounting and reports module generate all that is needed for our accountants to do their respective tasks and give upper management the oversight they need to run the business.

Pros

We're a growing company and as such have turn-over and new personnel growth. E2 is intuitive and our new employees seem to be able to adapt into the system with minimal effort and training. As the IT person here I have witnessed that peer-to-peer training seems to be all that is required to have that new person up and running on E2 within a short time and with little involvement from me, that's a big help! From Shipping and Receiving through final Billing, if our new hire has basic computing skills, their transition into that respective E2 function hasn't been a major training concern.

Cons

We're a service and repair facility and it took considerable effort improvising and rethinking to adapt the system into our way of doing things. Initially the software seemed to be over-kill and confusing for our needs but with time we were able to merge our methods with the system and adapt.

VP

Vickie P.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Why E2 is the software choice for Taylor Manufacturing.

Overall E2 is great. Due to the job and cost tracking capabilities of E2, we are able to stay on top of our prices that we charge our customers. We can monitor the labor expense of our machines and setup times which allows us to find new processes to maintain our original quotes. These savings are passed on to our customers which benefits our company's growth and success rate.

Pros

The thing I like most about E2 is that it is so user friendly. The process of training new employees is very simple due to the ease of E2. E2 is very functional. It works wonderful for all our departments: AR, AP, Quoting & Estimating, Receiving & Shipping, order entry & purchasing, job tracking and all accounting and inventory reporting. The online forum, tutorials and customer service alone are reasons enough to purchase E2. Their customer services is top rated. I have always received help and been completely satisfied with the results each and every time I've contacted E2.

Cons

The thing I dislike about E2 is orphans. Orphans are little glitches that are caused when something goes wrong. E2 doesn't go backwards very well, meaning you have to be very cautious when undoing / unwinding things. Some of my fellow employees fail to unwind things the proper way so we get an orphan occasionally. Although I must say, orphans are an easy fix for E2 customer service reps.

AY

April Y.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Works for us

The customer service provided by E2 has always been outstanding. I appreciate that they are regularly making improvements and seem to respond to user feedback in a timely manner. This system works well for our needs.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to navigate through. We do not utilize everything E2 has to offer. We create orders, packing slips, invoices and vendor PO's with E2. We are in an internet deadzone and have really bad service in the shop so we are unable to use the data collection portion and we use QuickBooks for our billing. for what we use it for it works great. The traveler make sense, creating packing slips and invoices is simple and the customer service is top notch.

Cons

The interface is not really intuitive, there was a big learning curve for my team. For example, when we were first trying to print job travelers we were hitting the "print" button in the top right. This was not the correct button. The correct button is "reprint" on the left side of the screen. Why would we be "reprinting" something that we haven't even printed yet? And why have two print options when...

VJ

Vernon J.

This reviewer only left a rating

Qualastat Electronics, Inc. has been in business since 1986, specializing in the manufacturing of electronic cable and wire harness assemblies. Included in our product line are RF assemblies, including phase-matched and time delay and fiber-optic cable assemblies. When the company reached the point where we could not adequately track inventory nor easily quote new assemblies, we decided to install...

MD

Michele D.

Aviation & Aerospace,

9 Year User of E2 Shoptech

Pros

The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

Cons

The vendor is very upfront about what their system will and will not accomplish. I miss my accounting bells and whistles with having real time reporting at my finger tips (however, they do provide a "Quick-view" area in which to get real time data for various areas in the system such as job status, parts/customer/vendor inquiries and information, PO status, etc. The worst issue that I can state is...

JV

John V.

Aviation & Aerospace,

E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!

Pros

I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality...

Cons

The only Area I have had a challenge with would be the timeclock buzzer, the timeclock portion is provided by one of E2's partners and we recently had the buzzer stop working well, the e2 sofware is pinging the correct signal however the buzzer is not working correctly. So really this doesnt seem to be a E2 issue it is a computerwise issue (computerwise is the timeclock system)

VM

Vanessa M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

EAM

Overall I would say I am pleased with the software on a daily basis. We have learned to work around the restrictiveness but it is often a repeated topic for us and is what we consider a major flaw, Had we know before purchase how restrictive it is to making changes we might not have opted to buy,

Pros

The system does have some great capabilities, it allows full visibility for our production floor. It also encompasses added features such as Quality, Accounting and Scheduling. And customer support/tech support is amazing. If it wasn't for their support your software wouldn't be as successful as it has been for me. And lastly your help section has improved light years, that too is so Helpful!

Cons

The software can be cumbersome at times and too restrictive. The way it ties together orders, work orders, inventory and purchase orders makes it next to impossible to make changes once processed, We work in an ever changing environment and the software makes it next to impossible to be able to support our customer changes without a LOT of extra work behind the scenes. You also need to focus on adding the "bells and whistles". Minor add ons often make the user experience so much more pleasant, Lastly there is a major lack of Note fields throughout the modules and your CRM portion could use lots of improvements as well.

KD

Kate D.

Mining & Metals,

Small Business Looking for Shop Control

Pros

Experience: We are a small family owned business that needed to get ISO certified as a requirement by our customer. We did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control and offer ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2012, we have been ISO certified since 2012. We were eager and became ISO certified within 6 months (take a lot of work and dedication to get it done quickly)....

Cons

Software does not allow you to do multiple things at once, it is very simplistic which might be best. Difficult to customize it to you specific needs, it can be done but there is a cost for that. If you are a start up company this software would be great to get you going with all aspects, if you are an established company you might need to adjust how you do things. We still do all of our accounting and customer quoting from QuickBooks as that works best for our company. We do not use E2 for scheduling as we are a fast pace job shop and things change on the fly and difficult to schedule within the software.