eM Client Logo

eM Client

Email, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes and chat in one app

eM Client Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.01/10

Reviews by rating

Email client is a very interesting email client, reliable and a excellent alternative to Outlook. Easy integration with Gmail.
The greatest advantage is that you can purchase a lifetime license at a bargain and receive all future updates for free.
I have found eM Client to be the perfect solution for my needs. I am able to access my saved messages and folders without having to pull them from the cloud.
No other software that I use causes loss of data except emclient. Even after recovering to a prior backup ,software no longer queued new emails to respective accounts.
Tech support consistently blames the hosting company and vica versa rather work with the hosting company to fix problems.

Leigh M.

Bus Dev and Strategic Planning Consultant

Management Consulting, self-employed

Quality platform and good value!

Transcript

Leigh M.: Hi, my name is Leigh. I work with McBain Solutions. I'm actually the owner, operator, founder,...

Thank you for the review, Leigh! We're glad to hear eM Client has been working well for you, and if you do have any trouble, we are always happy to provide advice :)

CM

Chris M.

President

Design, 1-10 employees

Great Outlook Alternative

Transcript

Chris M.: Hi, I'm Chris. I'm the owner of a creative services and web company, and I would give eM Client...

Barry C.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Best alternative to Microsoft Outlook (for smaller organizations/Individuals) evaluated.

Adopted emClient as my primary PIM application while associates reviewed alternative to Outlook email clients. Compared our experiences and agreement was reached to recommend emClient when appropriate to the client entity.

Pros

In role of a performance/financial improvement interim executive/advisor, I regularly evaluate critical products and services for my clients enterprises. For small to mid-market firms (and NFPs) the cost of Microsoft products can be very significant ongoing budgetary hit. Good alternatives office suites lack robust PIM capabilities and that is always a real consideration. The emClient PIM offers all of the capabilities needed for professional usage.

Cons

The emClient product's export capability is effectively non-existent. If a later decision is made to return-to/go-to Outlook... a major effort will be required.

AB

Alison B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Excellent software

Able to keep up to date through email and calendar with clients which makes my life easier.

Pros

The email syncs perfectly and I never miss messages. I love the fact that it offers, email, Calendar and acceto contacts at the click of a button. Also great free version of the software, it has everything Outlook had but free.

Cons

There is no complaints from me. Everything is easy to use.

MW

Matthew W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

I was excited, but terrible reliability and horrible support changed that.

The reliability is awful, but the customer service... wow. If they were any quieter over there, we'd have to be in the vacuum of space. If I could buy this company, fire every employee and finish their system I would. I suspect they have very little development capability, or they are outsourcing all of this and that explains why getting fixes done is impossible at best.

Pros

The interface looks great (but has issues), it's fast and has some good features, but mostly they don't work as expected.

Cons

The search function doesn't work. That's right IMAP users... No searching for e-mails. No matter what. If I am looking for an e-mail from my #1 client, I first have to look on my cell phone, find the date and time in eM client and then sort by the Received By name. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't. 99% of the time I am stuck using my cell phone to reply to people because eM client search...

MH

Mark H.

Construction, self-employed

Great Alternative to Outlook

It has been a reliable and solid product that integrates flawlessly with Google services.

Pros

- Fantastic integration with Google calendar and contacts - Flexible email configuration supporting most email services - Great support - Very stable and reliable

Cons

- Email editor is a little limited when compared to some other options

AL

Ad L.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Very good email client being alternative for MS Outlook and others

Pros

Very good email client with a full set of features which are not found in other email programs. One time fee and do buy the lifetime upgrade option.

Cons

Pricing can get high if you have multiple devices and above 50 devices you need to contact the sales team.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great product but has fatal flaw

It's a great app, until you lose all of your emails and settings.

Pros

eM Client makes it easy to manage multiple email accounts from one app. There are a ton of customization features that allow you to set things up to look and function exactly the way you want. I haven't found any other app that provides all of the functionality and customization features that eM Client does.

Cons

I use eM Client with Windows 10. I have automatic updates turned on in Windows. Occasionally, Windows 10 will automatically re-boot the computer. When this happens, if eM Client is open, you lose all of your settings AND all of your email messages. It is very disruptive and quite frightening, and it takes a long time to restore everything, especially if you manage a lot of different email accounts. I've contacted eM Client's customer support several times about this, but they refuse to do anything about it.

Thank you for your review. System updates/restart should definitely not cause a loss of data, the database just might need to be checked. If this is something that tends to happen on your device, I recommend enabling and using the Automatic backup feature (Menu>Settings>General>Backup) for example at least once every week or even every day. If something happens to your database, then you just need to use Menu>File>Restore to get all your settings, accounts and data back.

BW

Ben W.

With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!

eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

Pros

The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders. It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same...

Cons

Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again....

Danker S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Best email management program

Pros

Working with eM Client is easy, setting it up to my own preferences is good. If you have the pro version, you can have an unlimited number of email accoungts managed through eM Client. Synchronization with web mail works flawlessly. Having worked with Microsoft Outlook and long ago with outlook express, eM Client is currently the only email management program that exceeds all expectations. Unlike web mail programs like Chrome with eM Client it is possibke to save emails to your hard drive (I prefer saving each and every email to my device).

Cons

At times it is not easy to find out how to adjust or change features, layout, and more. It's often a trial and error exercise. But once you manage to find out how it works, it's fine.

FF

Francesco F.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The most complete mail client

Pros

Has every features that you need to manage all mail, task, contact, notes, calendar and it's perfect with icewarp server because it's very well integrated. You can use smart attach directly from emclient and use video conferencing.

Cons

I have not found anything to bad, Now thay are developing also android app.

Armando I.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Stable and agile Communications Suite

With emClient I can perform all the tasks of the company in one place, find contacts and manage emails with calendars at no cost.

Pros

It integrates all the basic needs to configure email accounts, calendars and company contacts. Simple and fast.

Cons

The backup system can get a bit tedious but it does the job. Importing from other solutions can be slow.

DI

David I.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Great e-mail option

My overall experience is very positive and I anticipate that I wil continue to use eM Client for the foreseeable future

Pros

The software is easy to install and generally easy to use. It has a few quirks, but once you get used to those, it is very good.

Cons

The software has a habit of backing up, usually when I need to use it, which can be frustrating. It also has a habit of creating an error when it closes, not only when it is closed because for example the laptop crashes, but also when it is closed down properly. This results in a need to check and validate the database. Whilst I have not yet lost any data, the checking is problematic if I am in a rush and for example only turned on the laptop to do a quick e-mail.

Hi David, Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the closing problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem. Or you can contact me directly. Thank you, George

LM

Leigh M.

Program Development, self-employed

Good platform, the best I have found so far

My overall experience has been good. Support provides decent answers, but can be a little slow in responding.

Pros

The platform has an easy to use interface and handles a large number of disparate email services without isse.

Cons

The lack of EAS support is an issue and essentially seems to leave Outlook as the only option in too many cases.

DC

Dominik C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

very good, with one huge problem

perfect with one propblem, like above.

Pros

rules, view's, graphics, basicly, everyfhing was as I wanted and work with this tool was always easy to find etc.

Cons

problem was , the software always was loosing some catalogs with emails and later it was download them again. mails, never was fully downloaded. and sometimes, from last several hours , only some emails was downloaded. others I was need to restart software or get emails by www. support neber solve this problem. maybe it was too many email (overt 100k on my account), but not supose to be, there is no limit.

CB

Christophe B.

Research, 501-1,000 employees

Free email client that might work well, but not with yahoo

Disappointed with the latest update, the lack of customer support, and the fact that bugs aren't fixed even after having been reported in the forum.

Pros

The software is free, and offers many functions and tools.

Cons

When using rules, the synchronisation of new emails from Yahoo mail bugs constantly (mixing emails, uploading them twice). There is absolutely no customer support for the free version.

Hi Christophe, we are sorry to hear you experienced issues with eM Client. Unfortunately, Yahoo has been making a lot of changes to their IMAP (including making their own API which limits sync and other shortcuts to save money on server traffic) but we are trying to find workarounds to mitigate the issues - it can just take longer when the server is doing a lot of unusual things that other servers don't. That does not mean we are ignoring the reports from the forum, we just don't have the dedicated support there to respond to each report/thread, but our devs are working on it. Upcoming eM Client 9.1 update should have some improvements specific for Yahoo which might help.

JF

Jeffrey F.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Excellent product - excellent value

I have used eM Client since approximately version 3 or 4 and I use it daily

Pros

Easy to use and very flexible in the way I can search for emails

Cons

The sorting of contacts is not the best. Some are found in the contacts list, others are not. I am not sure why.

BK

Bruce K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Better than OUtlook

Happy or I wouldn't use it. ;-)

Pros

Integrated views of In box, Sent folders, etc. is excellent across many accounts.

Cons

User interface could use a buff. Vertical scroll bars are too thin and difficult to grab; their color contrast (to surrounding elements) is too low. Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-N) for starting a new message should be available from the New Message window. (Sometimes we think of another note we need to send while in the middle of composing another.) Font and font size should be able to be separate message format tool bar items.

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your review. Classic styled scroll bars are still present in Classic and System themes. And thank you for the New message shortcut suggestion - we'll add it to our todo list.

pm

per m.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

agressive update policy

I got frustarated, and have to work many days ! intrying to reinstall, and connect a new client in my workflow !!

Pros

its clean and userinterface is ok, and its possible to cutomize

Cons

after a Resett of windows, the Em Client forced me into upgrading, and I messed up, and lost lots of mails, codes and password stored in email ! The deliberately made a confusing choisce of versions, so I ended up, not accessin my old database, and lost also plannig, many monts ahead. Never trust this comany, the will "trick " you into upgrade, even if they say you pay ONE time !

AH

Adam H.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Powerful and lightweight

Great program that gets the job done. Well worth the price. The best outlook alternative that I tried (and i’ve tried them all)

Pros

Has a lot of functionality that Outlook had but is much more light weight. It does the stuff you need it to without all of the over complication of other mail clients. Especially like how it allows multiple google calendars to sync seamlessly into one overall calendar. Much better that outlooks tabbed/overlay calendar design.

Cons

Tasks/todo lists could be a little more robust. Adding email senders to handling rules could be better as well.

DS

David S.

Photography, self-employed

Integration Winner

One of the best email clients I've used, better than outlook (otherwise I would be using that).

Pros

The main feature I was looking for when I found eM Client was the ability in integrate multiple email accounts from different providers into one email client. I reviewed many at the time (including Outlook)and found eM Client to be the best.

Cons

While you have added a theme builder it's not the easiest to use.

JR

Jonathan R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Pros

easy to use, very similar to Outlook, the folder system

Cons

it seems to go "offline" alot and I have to shut down and restart the application. Also, has trouble sending emails with large attachments.

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem. Or you can contact me directly. Thank you, George

Ali of Express Union L.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Good Software

I have 10 licenses. One morning one of the computers stopped downloading the emails. Customer service was terrible at identifying the problem and kept saying use IMAP instead of POP3. I asked him many times to connect me to a supervisor but he chose not to. Therefor it lead me to write this review.

Pros

It is beautiful when it works. Easy to use

Cons

Terrible customer service.. Generic messaged. Cant troubleshoot. Their knowledge is as good as "Reset".

Online Media, self-employed

A Great Fully Featured Email Client

It's been great. No problems, easy to use, great layout and I use it for hours each day.

Pros

s a lot of features built into it, from mail to calendar, tasks and contact management, this has been a great solution for me. It is an ideal alternative to Outlook. It works well, is easy to set up with multiple email accounts from all sorts of providers. I also love the layout options available and having the dark layout is great too.

Cons

Nothing really, it all works as it should and there hasn't been any problems or things that I thought could be better, for me it is a solid piece of software.

MD

Michael D.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very good and inexpensive alternative for Outlook users

I use eM Client as an alternative to Outlook due to Outlook's lack of a unified Inbox for IMAP accounts. It handles all internal and external email correspondence well.

Pros

Unified inbox for IMAP accounts, which is not available in Outlook for Windows. Search function is excellent. Snippets are nice. Most of the basics will be familiar to Outlook users.

Cons

I could wish for more customizability of the UI and sounds. There are a few areas in composing messages that could be easier to use, like inserting/removing links.

AM

Ankit M.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Mail box

Overall experience so far is good as i am using it on daily basis.

Pros

1.It is easy to use interface. 2.It also offers calendar and contacts. 3.It also supports very easy way how to send encrypted mails using PGP, 4.It is very easy to import your data.

Cons

1.sometimes you are unable to get who is sending the mail , as it looks as a chain and you need to find out who is the actual sender. 2.we can add colums and rows easily. 3.It is unstable for business use. 4.it is for personal use only. 5.It takes so much of time to create a box or rectangle so that’s annoying.

md

mike d.

Computer Software, self-employed

client support is not good for a paying product.

This is no good client support. I bought 2 licenses, and have to wait weeks and weeks before they even answer.

Pros

Good layout, works fine to read and send mails

Cons

I can only see my mails from 2 months back. Submitted a ticket in October, got an answer 6 weeks later. Tried out their suggestion ( I had to buy a new license to be able to follow their suggestion ), and it still didn't work. After notifying them that the issue persists, still waiting for 3 weeks with no reply.

Hello, We're very sorry to see that our support failed to provide a solution in a reasonable time frame. Contact me directly at wilson@emclient.com and I'll try to clear this matter ASAP. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. George Wilson