All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Sharpen Reviews

Benjamin M.

Read the full review
This cloud based solution can improve and helps to establish better relationships with customers. It has very useful call monitoring and call analytics.

Anastasia P.

Read the full review
Fathom Voice is an awesome company. Not only does their product work, their employees create a culture that makes businesses, like ours, want to work with them.

Nico P.

Read the full review
Fathom customer service continues to maintain that the problem is on my side in the network. We have done EVERYTHING their tech support has requested and we continue to have phone reset problems.

Blake H.

Read the full review
For the most part they have FINALLY been resolved but we do still have issues with calls going through sometime and OFTEN get comments that the connection is terrible.

Stacy S.

4.4

Great Value and Support

Fathom is attentive to my needs and works quickly to resolve any issues that arise. They provide good phone service at a great value. I recommend them for any small business owner!

Pros

Great value. My monthly service is much less than I paid previously. The support team is knowledgeable and easy to work with. They are quick to diagnose any issues (even those that are problems with my system and not theirs) and provide answers to resolve them.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to configure the system, but I can call the support team to help me out. Reports, such as call logs, could be better, but I almost never looked at them with my previous provider anyway. Once the system is configured, it works great.

One stop solution

We needed a system that could allow our remote teams to painlessly stay connected while providing core communications functionality. Lots of providers out there with pieces of what we needed, but struggled to find it all in one package that was affordable and actually worked right. Actually didn't get any complaints from the team.

Pros

Easy to use and provided the full suite of functions we needed. Remote access across the country was great. Option to use soft phone on laptop with Polycom phone on desk also great. Automated workflow for agents was superb and our service manager was able to set up, implement, and manage without a lot of training or consulting.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Would love to see them come out with their own CRM, though the integration with salesforce has been great.

Mediocre

Overall: This system offers nothing outside of the norm of any other VOIP business phone system. The Web interface is slightly more intuitive than others, though it is difficult sometimes to know if a setting change has actually been accepted and changed. However, there is much to be desired in execution of calls. About a quarter of dialed calls will hang without ever connecting, then disconnect....

Cloud contact center platform

Sharpen can help to optimize customer service for the business.

Pros

Cons

There is no free trial version and it has just two pricing plans, one is for full contact center and another one for unified communications app. Both plans are expensive.

Striving for Sucess

It's been a long winding road; however, I genuinely feel that Fathom Voice is trying to get better! They give us some great features but some of the every day features that we expect & had for years are now not available. Most recently I've truly missed the simple forwarding option. We've worked around it but it was laborious. To be able to just hit a fwd button + the extension in which to...

Very easy to use

I find that Fathom is very user friendly and easy to navigate. At they company I work for we have used a few different companies and in my experience Fathom has been the best.

Pros

I love that we can record the calls. In my line of work it is very easy to not catch all the important information on a call. So having the ability to go back and review it has been very beneficial for me. Also being able to save the recording allows for my Consultants to listen to my call before they reach out to the customer for follow ups and meetings. It also is great training tool for new members of the team to be able to hear real calls.

Cons

Love the capabilities, and the customer service.

PROS - BEST customer service. Very responsive, and work to resolve issues. Worked with another company before and had to deal with foreign customer service we were barely able to understand. Often had to sit on the phone for up to 6 or 8 hours before things were resolved. Love the dashboard where we can see who is on the phone before dialing our team. However, we have to refresh the screen - it is not real time on its own. CONS - Not an easy system to learn. It is very complicated. Other system was far easier, but tons and tons of connection issues, and the nightmare of customer service was worth the change. This being said, we have a fairly complicated routing pattern, so for something more straightforward, I'm sure this will be much easier for other companies.

Cons

Review from Don at J S Ruiz Realty, Inc.

"I like the user friendly way it works. It is no problem for me to push the admin button and set myself up with office phones when it is my day on phones. No need to depend on my office." This means I can be totally independent from needing administrative assistance on weekends when no one is at the office...just the way it should be.

FATHOM FAN

Fathom Voice as VoIP service is far more cost effective than having a regular phone. I found many service providers who offered low rates and excellent service plans, making it difficult to decide on the best one. After meeting with multiple companies I was introduced to Inside Sales Consultant Shelby Weeks. Shelby's overall product/service knowledge and straight forward approach, made me feel like I was speaking with an old friend, not a salesman. My then difficult decision was made easy. Our company now uses what I believe to the best VoIP company in the industry, Fathom Voice. Thank you again for all of your help.

Pros

Fathom Friday's!!!!!

Cons

Fathom voice has worked wonders compared to past providers

My Company currently uses Fathom Voice for our companies needs. The service with fathom has been wonderful compared to some other systems I have used in the past with other companies i have worked for. The phones usually have a great connection.

Pros

Good connection Easy to use I like that I can instantly listen to recorded calls

Cons

We are supposed to have access to use text/international text, but it has never worked for us, or we have not been trained to appropriately use it Sometimes there is a really long lag between the time the call is placed and the time it actually connects to start ringing

Fathom is so much more than a Phone Service Option!

When I first started my business back in January, a colleague suggested that I sign up for Fathom Voice. At the time I was using Google Voice and could not imagine why I would want to invest in a service when I was getting another for free. You may be wondering the same thing. Let me tell you, it is worth it! Fathom Voice has added an extra level of professionalism to my business which, in my humble...

Pros

1) I am able to set times (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.) during which my phone will ring 2) I can set up my phone to ring to my cell phone if I am out of the office. 3) The customer support staff is amazing! Shelby Weeks, on the front line, is incredibly patient and knowledgeable. Ryan Wharton and Britton Beaumont, in the technical support department, are always eager to help. In the event that any of these amazing people do not know the answer they are always open to doing research for me. 4) When I get a voicemail, it is sent to me as an attachment to an email. I like this because I can listen to my messages even when I am not in my physical office.

Cons

1) Unlike Google voice that goes everywhere, you cannot take your physical office desk phone everywhere. This is just the nature of having a physical desk phone. 2) Unlike Google voice, Fathom has yet to figure out how to not only receive texts from clients but also send them. At this point, I can receive texts but cannot send them. You can do this with Google Voice. I have shared this concern...

Fathom Voice

Pros

I like being able to listen to my voicemails via email and I also like being able to forward my line to any cell phone or other phone.

Cons

That when I listen to my voicemail via email the red light doesn't clear

A Robust Call Center Platform

Pros

Sharpen provides a robust platform for taking a sorting calls. In my experience, the program is easily accessible from our case management platform or from a computer application. When taking a call the program displays caller information in an easily accessible manner.

Cons

My department's transition from our previous call software has been rough. Frequently the software's integration with our case management platform fails and information is lost or not transferred correctly.

Fathom Rocks!

Pros

I like the customer support the best. I seem to never stop having questions. They are always so friendly and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes when I am out and about it is inconvenient that I cannot call out from my office phone. This comment is not necessarily targeted at Fathom. I think this would be the same for any company that offers a physical VOIP phone.

Fathom Review

I love the ease of inner office connections and the reminders Fathom provides. I have been using this for over a year and love it!

Pros

Reminder of messages is wonderful!

Cons

Have not had any. I really find that Fathom fits my small office needs.

Great phone service...great customer service!

I have used VoIP phone service since 2010. It cut my regular business phone bill by almost 2/3. Then I heard about Fathom which was an enterprising upstart company here in the Indianapolis area. (I wanted the chance to work with someone locally rather than a toll free helpline in Utah.) So I made the switch to Fathom about 2 years ago. I've been very happy with both their phone service and their customer service. I'm not very technologically literate so I require a lot of help with navigating the website/dashboard. They've all been very patient with me and they've always solved my problems. No complaints here; I recommend them to everybody!

Cons

Good idea, not ready for prime time.

I like the idea of the cost vs POTS. I like the flexibility vs PBX systems. However, we have had this system for 14 months and we continue to have trouble with phones resetting causing us to lose our network connection for the associated PC. We have worked and worked and worked with customer service to resolve this problem. Fathom customer service continues to maintain that the problem is on my...

Complete Solution

Fathom Voice has been ideal for us, connecting our entire remote-based team seamlessly across multiple states. Having the option of using the soft phone on the computer or a Polycom phone on the desk gives us the flexibility to meet everyone’s needs. Fathom Voice provides the feature-rich functionality and scalability needed for future growth.

We pay for this?

Pros: Well, I can dial out.. I can get calls in... The "go fathom voice" web interface is a good attempt at something... it's a decent layout. Cons: It doesn't always show when someone's on DND or not. It doesn't always update at a reasonable time. I constantly have to refresh my webpage to be sure that it's up to date. I still haven't figured out HOW that when i'm part of a call group,...

Cons

It worked much better than fuze

Pros

It works. I have yet to have any issues with our integration for Salesforce

Cons

I wish we could transfer while on hold. And I wish we could add custom sounds

Great customer service

Our company transitioned to Fathom Voice as our service provider when we decided to switch to a VoIP system. It was a very efficient process and we are now able to stay connected when we are out of the office. We have been very pleased with the great support, and prompt service that we always receive. Their entire staff is committed to providing excellent customer service, which makes it enjoyable to work with them. I would highly recommend Fathom Voice, I think they are an outstanding company!

Cons

Main user in our office as receptionist

It's nice to work with most of the time. When I check voicemail manually, sometimes the right buttons send me elsewhere in the system if I have already been through 10 messages. I really like the concept of being able to use the company system on a personal phone or through the computer to de-clutter the workspace, though as the receptionist those aren't feasible options for me. I know that there is a lot more capability than I am aware of, but I am impressed with what I have learned so far.

Great Phone System

The Fathom team was incredibly helpful when setting up our phone system for our 30+ employees. They really paid attention to what we needed from a call flow standpoint and helped customize everything that we needed. The phone quality is fantastic! Our customer service team works remotely all over the United States and from home, so having all activity logged was key. Additionally, we needed a solution where each agent was easily located in a central admin.

Great Way to Get Voice Mail Messages From Anywhere

It is a great service to be delivered office voice mail messages to email so they are easily heard from anywhere you have internet access.

Pros

Very intuitive, fast and reliable.

Best VOIP in the game.

Fathom Voice is an awesome company! Not only does their product work, their employees create a culture that makes businesses, like ours, want to work with them. Ashlee Garwood, in particular, is always helpful with an attitude to provide the best customer service at all times. Outstanding representative, outstanding product, and outstanding company.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.