All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Duda

Duda is the web design platform for scaling your agency.

Duda Reviews

Art S.

Read the full review
Our overall experience with Duda has been amazing. It is a great product and a great value for the price.

John S.

Valentin A.

Lee W.

Read the full review
Being in Australia and charged USD makes the cost high for us with the exchange rates.

Kielan F.

Read the full review
The software is hard to understand, and if you make certain errors, like putting adsense on wrong, you need to delete everything and start all over again to get your website to function properly.

Read the full review

The best web design platform to run an agency on

DUDA - can I get a minute of you time?

Best Software for Digital Media Agencies

I have enjoyed every part of it and geek out talking about it to clients or friends.

Pros

I love everything about it, it can be a very simple platform that you can give it to your customers for drag and drop and as complicated as completely hard code the website for it to do whatever you want. Saves on time, loads faster, love the load balancing aspect of it. Takes out so many things that I used to worry about building it in a Wordpress, PHP environment.

Cons

I have not run into it yet. Even though there might be some, the team has been very efficient to handle them .

Finally!

We're a small branding and marketing company and we don't usually have super large budgets to design, develop and deliver websites. Duda helps us do that with very little complexity. It's a streamlined platform that delivers the punch and impact of more complex environments but without all of the junk that no one really needs or wants. The ease of implementation makes it possible for us to be more efficient and cost-effective on website builds.

Pros

Duda is an incredibly easy platform to work with and produce really solid websites and engaging experiences. I've worked on Wordpress (always hated it), Joomla, Drupal, Kentico, DotNet Nuke, and other platforms, but Duda is the ONLY platform I have found that makes it incredibly easy to go from design to live site with so little friction. The WYSIWYG ease of implementation has increased our profitability and productivity. It's an awesome platform and I highly recommend you check it out. You will be glad you did.

Cons

The toughest thing about using Duda is that clients and prospective clients these days ask what platform you're going to build in and since so many have heard of Wordpress it take a lot to get them to feel comfortable with the switch to Duda. Once I walk them through the back end to demonstrate the CMS they usually have an "Aha!" moment and get on board.

DUDA - can I get a minute of you time?

Overall we are very happy with the product. It is very fast to implement a website.

Pros

We found DUDA very intuitive and their support videos are informative. The layout and menu are quick and it is easy to access the tools you need. All the built-in widgets are easy to drag into the page. It's simple to use, quick to implement, SSL and DNS settings are straightforward.

Cons

Accounting and the relation plan upgrading and downgrading are cumbersome and involve more time and require a human interface as opposed to clinking some buttons and a lot more time is involved than should be. Very frustrating when moving from Basic Plan to an agency plan. They say they are aware of problems and are working to make it better. I believe them because it is that bad. Ah, growing pains. We feel some of the support answers are a bit smug. And we do not ask questions that are in the FAQs or support docs.

Used the platform for over 4 years, and still being disappointed with every update.

Awful. But I'm honestly just not sure of viable alternatives. After using the platform for the past 4 years as an end user for my own, and for my partner's businesses, I'd really like to expand and provide a full web and digital agency offering. In terms of websites, this is totally duda's thing. Custom and white-labelled branding for the editor and site stat reports is a very nice touch and makes...

Pros

[Quick note before I start - I've used the platform since February 2015]. There are absolutely some pros to using duda. This isn't going to be a totally negative review. But this needs to be a massive eye opener for the team so they can understand in what areas they are failing their customers. First up, as a simple WYSIWYG editor, Duda isn't doing a bad job. Trouble is, in today's market this is...

Cons

As mentioned above, I've used Duda for over 4 years, since February 2015, so make no mistake - I know this platform inside and out. First of all... eCommerce. This is by far and away probably the worst part of the platform. Duda has a longstanding integration with eCommerce platform Ecwid. On the whole, the Ecwid platform is very good - the issue is, is that the integration you get with Duda, is not...

Web designing looks easy with Duda

Duda can be used by everyone but it has great scope for freelancers and web designers to create easy tools and logos in real quick.

Pros

Amazing range of applications and widgets for you to add and even create your own customized applications. Too easy to generate tools to work with and make the website looks mesmerizing.

Cons

I have no issues with Duda as I love working with Duda but the only thing that makes me sad is pricing which is too high and no free plans for beginners to get entertain.

Most flexible for custom layouts

It's a pretty quick process to get started. Pick a plan, preview designs in desktop/tablet/mobile views to your heart's content, and go. I look forward to trying their phone support, as when I signed up there was only e-mail support, which has variable responsiveness. Having said that, they do want to help and usually come up with a solution. I liked the platform enough, I started another website with it and will probably have yet another one soon. The user interface is pretty simple, considering how complex the tasks are.

Pros

Duda has a broad set of tools and templates, which are quite easy to customize. The editing tools, publishing updates, and finished websites load quickly. Newly available phone support is a nice addition. You can also save complex groups of laid-out components (called "sections") for easy repetition (and then customization) across your sites.

Cons

Some options for fine-tuning design details are left out or not available in certain views (mobile versus desktop).

Duda is a Perfect Web Site Platform for Small to Medium Businesses

Providing affordable SEO optimized responsive websites for solopreneurs.

Pros

The combination of predefined templates, super easy editing, and flexibility to extend the functionality with HTML and widget editors make for a powerful web development and hosting platform that's ideal for most small and medium businesses.

Cons

Limited options for only including videos from 3rd party hosts. It would be nice to have greater control over thumbnails and end-screens rather than be subject to YouTube's restrictions. As the importance of video grows, the impact of this limitation also grows.

Very great software

Duda is a great platform which fits my clients’ needs and has awesome support, great features, webinars and a huge resource center.

Pros

Frequent updates with new features, stability, speed, top-quality

Cons

Should be advertised more for web design companies only

La piattaforma per le agenzie

La piattaforma Duda ha cambiato il servizio che offriamo in meglio. Ci permette velocità di realizzazione e ottimi risultati di performance e indicizzazione. Creare siti straordinari non è mai stato così semplice.

Pros

La possibilità di avere tutti i siti creati sotto controllo e il fatto che i siti raggiungono performance altissime.

Cons

Ci potrebbe essere un maggiore sviluppo di template di base. Si potrebbe velocizzare il collegamento a Ecwide.

Best Drag and Drop Web Editor IMO

Quite good for agencies that work with smaller clients.

Pros

Can fully white label is is great. Easy to use and setup and the widget editor, dynamic pages and connected data allows for devs to add functionality as required, but is only available for higher plans.

Cons

Their support for custom widgets is pretty bad and it uses device based resposive which would be better replaced by breakpoints.

Has bridged the gap for our agency

Overall, really really good. It's saved us from hiring a full time developer. Hope my review does not sound negative, this is just some constructive criticism.

Pros

We were about to hire a full stack developer, no need for now, we just outsource any complex bits of code to another company Websites nice and fast to build, reducing our quotes to clients, or increasing profit margin, though sometimes can be restrictive and we are unable to do exactly as our design suggests. Fairly easy to use interface.

Cons

Some controls not very intuitive Often hard to get things where you want on the page without disturbing Frustrating that elements can't be 'locked' between resolutions, the build process would be so much faster if we weren't switching back between devices getting things just right, or recreating rows because we could not find a compromise. Some menu's appear slightly offscreen depending on where they...

Great for No-Code Web Design Agencies!

I moved my entire web design business to Duda after Business Catalyst shut down and it has the the best experience! I have been able to more than triple my client base in a matter of months with new leads coming in daily. I have brought on several interns and are training them on the platform as well. They also love what it can do.

Pros

1) The platform's look and feel is end-user friendly. It's simple icons make learning your way around fast and easy. 2) It has the look of a drag-n-drop tool but is PACKED FULL of functionality - which is key! Everything from being able to quickly and easily make parallax scrolling, to creating and inserting entire pages or sections. This is huge when you want to use your favorite section from a different...

Cons

1) Would love to see the ability to do more with form submission content. The screen that captures form responses is very limited and does not allow (native to the product) much to be done with the information. With that said, there are many integrations that do allow for additional stuff to be done with contact form submission data (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Chat clients etc,.) 2) Occasionally,...

Intuitive, easy to use, powerfull

I started using the Duda platform from day 1 and I use it daily for clients' sites. Sometimes I start a new site from scratch or use a ready made template and start configuring and personalising the new site immediately. I have many tools for collecting customer feedback and securing the sites easily. I use a complete white label version of the desktop and on-the-go editors, website preview tools, for client dashboard and login page. My clients can manage and edit their own sites, all under my brand.

Pros

The website builder if filled with widgets and sections and you get speed and efficiency at every stage of the site building process. Client management helps a lot and the preview function makes good steps in landing new clients. Building responsive websites for clients is now more fun. An intuitive drag-and-drop interface enables us to build great websites with no need to code.The support is always top class and I have all financial information organised in the Duda dashboard.

Cons

Building more complex websites needs separate integrations with external services. Duda allows integrations and you can build almost any site you can imagine, but sometimes you will need separate integrations with other platforms. Not sure yet if this is a bad or a good thing.

Great for Agencies

We became Duda Agency partners with the goal of bringing our web development in-house while moving to a simple UX interface that anybody could use. Since becoming partners, we've tripled our website development business in the last year with large margins... and superior site designs and underlying code that we trust to deliver positive experience for our clients.

Pros

Duda allows us to easily create beautiful websites for our clients, with features that lend themselves to natural upsells and ongoing retainer work. We used to shy away from website development and design work because of the headaches of outsourcing or older CMS systems that we didn't feel comfortable in. This is a modern UX interface that both our internal team and clients love after hand-off. And the fact that it has full developer backend capabilities means were not limited in creative development work that goes beyond the basic template designs. For that reason alone, it is heads and tails above the other popular CMS systems like Wix and Wordpress and SquareSpace.

Cons

Customer service is pretty slow, even for agency partners. Ive heard that phone support is faster...but its a tech company and they have a chat functionality, so they should prioritize that channel more so than phone. Also there are some occasional glitches with adding custom javascript as it seems to interfere with their base code files. But that's only applicable to fairly robust technical implementations. We'd ideally like the integrations to be more robust as well for direct connections to common CRMs and other third party tools. But again, none of that outweighs the overall benefit of Duda.

The right choice for agency profitability

I can replicate my design templates which decreases my build time and increases my profitability. Duda is open to product improvement suggestions. Overall, I love Duda. It's a core part of our strategy to develop sites faster and more profitable. I am excited for the future growth of my agency with Duda.

Pros

As an agency owner, the white label options enable me to reinforce my brand and company to my clients. Unlike consumer-oriented website builders, there's no upselling, annoying advertising, or constant attempts to distract me from my work on the technology, services, restaurant, software, and other types of websites we create. Support is quick and convenient. I can share site management with my clients, with specific permissions for specific individuals. Duda features customization and personalization features that should help any local business sell more and become more profitable. The drag and drop, on-screen editing is delightful. Easier than any consumer-level website builder, far easier than WordPress — and more secure from hacking!

Cons

Lack of dynamic page content (Disclaimer—this is a feature that has been publicly announced as under development with no ETA as of this date). As a Joomla expert, I'm accustomed to flexibility with the data and content within my CMS. Limited functionality for custom social sharing images (if you're a heavy social media user). You can workaround this limitation if you know some basic HTML and aren't afraid to access the code base. Lack of categories in page creation.

An Ok Software For Agencies & Developers

My overall experience with Duda has been good. Starting out as an agency, it has allowed us to grow at a fast rate and serve our customers well. However, as we have grown their have been challenges we have had to overcome and use different platforms to meet that criteria.

Pros

I like the Duda platform for a couple of reasons. One the platform allows you to crank out multiple websites at very quick turnarounds . The Software also provides a great white-label experience for customers. The mobile editor is great.

Cons

There are many flaws to the Duda platform. The first is that any changes you make to the tablet version of a website also reflect on the desktop version. This can be a hassle when it comes to making sure everything appears correctly. Also, the platform lacks a good amount of professional features such as advanced animations, CMS (which is a must have for some websites), and a good amount of pre made templates. Right now the selection is very limited.

Duda is all I use now!

Per my previous comments, I am building high-quality sites in less time. This benefits my clients and also helps to grow my business.

Pros

I like the ease of use. I believe it allows me to build great sites with excellent functionality in a lot less time than the tools I formerly used. This allows me to provide a more affordable service to my clients. As a 5-year White Label partner I get grade person to person support whenever I call with an issue or problem. In short, I am fully sold on the Duda product.

Cons

The first few years that I used the Duda product I encountered fairly frequent bugs and frustrations with things that either didn't work as expected or unavailable capabilities that I needed. In the past several years, however, the product has evolved to the point where I rarely encounter such issues.

This has it all

We build and maintain websites for clients around the globe... no better product to deliver a high quality solution.

Pros

Duda is simple and easy to use - makes great looking sites and has all the bells and whistles you need to build a website, get found and make money. No need to worry about widget updates here - Duda takes care of it all. SEO is a breeze and all our sites are at the top of Google. Customer service is the best - never leaves you stuck. SSL certs are free - everyone else is still charging $50-$75 year... Face it, this is a MOBILE world and if you are not working in a mobile friendly builder, you will lose... Duda is a No Brainer!

Cons

Would like more apps integrated into the platform. Would like to have email included in the hosting.

Almost 10 Years Building Sites, Nothing Like Duda Yet

Now I am a teacher of Computer Science and working my business in digital marketing for almost 10 years now. Able to use Duda as an apprenticeship tool for my student to work on real life project and earn money almost immediately has been unbelievable. I couldn't learn all on Wordpress talk less of teaching student to build website. However, since most people are used to Word processing and PowerPoint tools, it seems like they're using the same tools but only this time professionally in terms of rendering a service.

Pros

It is ridiculously easy to use. Thought a client under 20 minutes to update their contents to the site under my whitelabel platform. The value for money is incredible.

Cons

If possible, without compromising what it is now, add some features like colour picker, user login features, etc., emerging social media feeds like Instagram, FB etc.

Collaboration with clients and team is a breeze!

I really like that I do not need to update or even think about them, when Duda makes a change it is automatic. I really grew tired of keeping everything up to date. My build time is much better and all my work is saved as I go. Really, for me, I am so used to using Duda now, I forget how much more efficient I am using it... until I log into an old Wordpress site. Duda is great for me, though I am sure it's not for everyone, I just happen to love it! I highly recommend.

Pros

I don't like Duda, I love Duda! It is so intuitive and simple! Working from one dash I can go through all my clients sites to make changes swiftly. I use many photos and I love the organizational tools for files. Duda optimizes images for me saving me time, and the page speed of the sites are great! There are many other things about Duda I appreciate!

Cons

Well nothing is perfect but I find everything I needed was there, some extra features would be great. It is comforting to see they are continually improving adding new, most desired features and those added are many times decided through community polls, they also listen to the needs of the community.

I like it and it works great on so many levels, but there are some pain points

Pros

I love the ease of the software and how structurally when you copy a row, it stays the same across all platforms The stats is amazing and is a really big sell for a lot of clients.

Cons

I do not like how you a restricted in a lot of ways with the design. It is hard to go outside of the box and have unique ideas. I do not like how the blog doesn't allow you to change the font size of the title of each blog. I realize that it is tied to the h3 tag, but I wish that capability would be implemented. I do not like how whenever we have a technical issue and bring it up to support, it seems like our issue isn't important. Now I understand that we aren't the only client, but we are bringing things up that need to be fixed and we are getting responses where people either 1. Seem like they don't care to figure it out. 2. tell us that that issue is not actually happening.

Faster site building

Simple great!, faster building and maintenance then lower operative times and costs

Pros

With Duda, I have been able to build new sites faster and having them on air in just a week! Easy to use and to transfer the management site to the customer.

Cons

On eCommerse are some SEO Titles and descriptios repeated for three URLs.

We're so happy with Duda!

We save a lot of time, both at support and at production and design. We also have access to a support department that always resolves our issues. Our company has become more efficient, and we are now able to compete better than before.

Pros

We enjoy that Duda has a lot of powerful features, easy and accessible support and that we are getting new features often. It's easy to use for our clients, and our designers enjoy the ease of Duda compared to other platforms. We moved to Duda from Weebly with all of our clients about 18 months ago, and we are happy we did.

Cons

We would love the program to be translated into Norwegian, which is the worst for us right now. We would also like the invoices to be more specific, as well as we think the price is a little steep for a small agency. However - we find the service so valuable to us, that we think it's OK.

Not working in over a month

I would like to leave indformation about my experience with Duda Mobile Software. I purchased the lifetime membership a few months ago so I could have my site on both IPhone and Android. I spent over a week setting up the sites on both mobile devices. After I was finished I published them and thought all was ok. This was back over a month ago. I checked out my Android version of the site on my Samsung...

Easy to Cancel Online & Even Refunded - Wow

I only stopped using it because I upgraded from a static HTML site to responsive Wordpress site. I actually forgot that I had a paid subscription & just noticed when the annual payment went through my credit card. Totally my fault but I was disappointed that I had wasted $80 odd dollars. I immediately went online & cancelled which was a nice surprise because other companies make it hard to cancel by making you ring tech support then they do the hard sell but not Duda. I was then pleasantly surprised that they actually refunded my subscription! Much appreciated. Most companies would just keep it.

Pros

It was very easy to import my non-mobile site into a mobile friendly version.

Cons

It still needed a bit of formatting but that's to be expected.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.