It's run through a web browser, so no need to install special software. The UI is attractive and easy to understand. It seems to be able to cope with large reviews. There are a lot of different criteria which can be used for boolean searching to pare down the documents into a potentially-responsive pool. Most importantly, the support provided by the company is very responsive; I never have a problem getting someone to answer me, usually very quickly. Uptime is good (though scheduled downtime does occur, rather than the system being designed for five nines uptime).
The most serious problem is that if you try to tag too quickly, Logikcull can fail to save your work, & can fail silently so that you don't know unless you look for it. This arises when you want to tag a document with more than one tag & check the second tag before the first one has indicated that it has finished saving (which takes a second). This is not good for fast reviewers, as it slows their pace to that of the software's ability to save.
* You can't rename tags after they are created, & cannot reorganize them at will
* No identification of near-duplicates
* Boolean searching could be refined in several ways. I appreciate the highly granular options, but I would like some less-granular ones too, like whether an e-mail address appears in any e-mail address field. Also, the ability to use a mixture of handwritten searches and assisted searches using forms (right now the form wipes out the handwritten search).
* Live filters on search results cannot be frozen; If you do a search, & then filter out tagged documents, tagging one of those will knock it out of the filtered results immediately, making this unhelpful for resuming partially completed sets.
* Poor handling of threads and families: Can only view one family in one thread at a time, no combined hierarchical view, serious problems if an e-mail has another e-mail as an attachment. (Thanks, Outlook!)
* Tag custom colors glitch; also not many options
* Very limited names, re: symbols, length
Response from Logikcull
we appreciate your candid review, and we agree that automated review is the future of discovery. That¿s why we¿re working hard to build Instant Discovery - where you can start a project in seconds, search documents with Google-like ease, and where all of the risks associated with traditional eDiscovery solutions are eliminated. I trust that since you first began using Logikcull, you¿ve noticed the platform moving quickly in this direction. To address some of your other comments directly, handwritten documents are now searchable on Logikcull and you can also toggle any search between frozen and dynamic, and filter on the ends of threads in Logikcull. And soon, you will be able to rename tags after they are created. Again, we thank you for your great feedback. It is essential to helping us improve the user experience. Our 24/7 support chat is always available to help you in any way possible, or feel free to reach our support team at email@example.com