Logikcull Reviews

Pros

I've had a great experience with the software thus far, and the 24/7 customer service is as good as you could hope for. Any issue/question that you may have is resolved within minutes.

Jase B.

Logikcull is great for retrieving legal discovery faster and more efficiently. It filters out the information that are important to me and it helps recovery files.

Graziana Z.

This software is easy to learn and implement and the pricing structure is transparent and communicated well. Following multiple attempts to try other software this was the clear winner.

Leah A.

Cons

It always allows duplicates within the same page which is at times inappropriate and disappointing.

Joshua S.

I have not incurred any features that I dislike about this software.

Taylor R.

Very easy to use and instant setup

We do not normally have any regular eDiscovery needs, so we have never invested in any long-term eDiscovery software. However, when we are hit with the need, we often wished we would have an easy-to-use, reasonably priced eDiscovery platform to use to help us sort through our emails. Along came Logikcull, which perfectly fit into this niche for us. Everything about it was easy for us. The sales process was easy, the set up was instantaneous, and its UI was very intuitive. They also have a very helpful Help section and a very friendly and proactive customer support team that will help with any question. For a firm like us that only has an ad hoc need for eDiscovery, Logikcull fit the bill perfectly.

Pros

Logikcull can be instantly set up, is easy-to-use, and has an easy pay-as-you-go plan that allows firms like us, who do no not normally need eDiscovery software, to instantly jump in and start using it whenever we have an hoc eDiscovery need.

Cons

There was not really anything that I didn't like about Logikcull.

Very Good Cloud Base Document Review and Production Platform

Our review and production process has been streamlined with Logikcull. It used to be clunky and all over the place, multiple people reviewing documents and trying to organize a production by hand or using much more expensive Relativity hosting and days of learning how to use it for new users. Now we upload, new users learn how to review in minutes, and we produced quickly and easily.

Pros

The level of control provided by the designers is much better than similar platforms I have used in the past. Being able to upload documents myself, quickly review at my own pace, and then output them quickly and easily with very customizable parameters makes this the easy choice for my office. And if I run into a question, customer service is there quickly to answer them.

Cons

Pricing is good for medium and large projects, but doesn't make sense for smaller projects. I often have small projects that would benefit from Logikcull's ease of use but can't justify the cost to cash-strapped clients. Luckily, doing those by hand the old fashioned way doesn't take long.

Usually user friendly, but also frustratingly slow.

Pros

The most used features - reviewing, tagging, and simple searches are very easy and user friendly and not a lot of training is necessary to get started reviewing docs.

Cons

it is incredibly slow. Everything loads slowly, it is hard to quickly flip through documents, and the process for downloading is also frustrating. If you want to download a group of documents, some with bates stamps and some without (i.e. a batch with docs we produced and docs that were produced to us), the system refuses to do that, and, at times, it downloads each document into its own separate folder which is a huge pain when trying to quickly download and use a group of documents.

Katharine, Thanks so much for your review. You likely experienced some slowness in the days leading up to our regularly scheduled 24-hour maintenance window. During that time, we completed Logikcull's migration to Amazon Web Services, which gives the platform the processing horsepower, scalability and speed it needs to service several thousand users across the globe. It's also important to...

Excellent for Small Firms

Overall this program has been extremely helpful to our small firm--both in saving time and allowing us to produce a more professional, streamlined product during discovery. While the software does take some time to learn (especially for those with little to no experience in document review) their customer support is always willing to help solve a specific problem or provide additional education in use and utility of the software.

Pros

This program allows small firms to engage in and utilize document review functions that previously were only available in larger firms. Given the move toward paperless practice in all aspects, this is crucial to small firms who cannot afford to be left behind (or spend hours doing traditional document review).

Cons

While the program works extremely well, it definitely takes time to learn how to navigate the dashboard and fully utilize all features. That said, the staff and customer support recognize that and provide ample tutorials (as well as private trainings upon first signing up that are crucial to learning the software).

Best eDiscovery product I've ever worked with

Pros

Logikcull makes uploading and reviewing documents super easy, the process of uploading database files is simple and intuitive. You can search, review, and sort through discovery documents with ease. An added bonus is their flexible pricing, which allows you to easily scale your use of the product without making any significant commitment. Their invoicing allows you to easily pass your discovery costs to the client without any hassle since it itemizes your data usage by product. Their support is always a breeze, anytime I've ever had a question, I was always able to immediately have my questions answered by their live-chat support. I can't tell you how much time and energy we've saved by switching to Logikcull, it's made everyone at the firm's lives easier.

Cons

Although the database uploading is as easy as they can make it, in my opinion, it still can be a pain to work with. Luckily, however, their support has always been available to help me through the process whenever I needed help.

Logikcull is a great tool for in-house review

This tool has allowed us to keep a lot more projects in-house, and our outside attorneys have been very receptive to using it. Our in-house attorneys appreciate how quick and easy it is to use.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the number one feature. It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. The search boxes are very clear, it's easy to filter down to the data you want to review. And when you get to the data you want, the tagging and review is super clean. Creating projects and adding and removing users is also very easy.

Cons

There are a few small items that are not as helpful, like not being able to customize batch documents for review (no easy way to mark a batch complete, assign it to someone, etc.). And sometimes we have difficulty producing in PDF as a combined document, instead of separate documents, which some of our regulators prefer.

When you need a good ESI platform

My overall experience has been good. I tested out the usability and functionality of the Logikull platform, and I was surprised at the ease of use.

Pros

I like the pricing plus the updated features that were added to logikull with regard to review , analytics, legal hold and productions

Cons

I think adding better capabilities to view apple documents would be a huge benefit for logikull. More and more people are using devices from apple.

Needed to review and analyze 17,000 email Outlook file. -Logikcull was great.

Trial analysis of good sized Outlook file.

Pros

I found it very easy and intuitive to use. Very nice feature set. Support is knowledgeable and very responsive. We rarely have enough data to justify using an outside database to analyze the data. However, opposing counsel dumped the good-sized outlook file on us, 2 weeks before the case was originally set for trial, forcing us to get a continuance (Judge was not happy). Logikcull got the Outlook file in quickly and we were able to begin our analysis within a few days. It really made working with the thousands of emails very easy.

Such a time-saver!!

Saves time and money and is very user friendly.

Pros

Entire batches of documents within a project can be reviewed at once with simple search features that are easy enough for anyone to understand how to use. Additionally, any time I've gotten stuck on any issue or have questions about any of the features, I'm able to chat immediately with one of the techs and they've always been able to figure out what I need to do or how I need to do it.

Cons

Doesn't let you format the text entered as the message on the email circulated when sharing files, but that's a minor cosmetic issue/preference.

used for small project

I needed to sort through a few hundred emails in anticipation of a potential law suit. We only used the program at it's most basic capability level as we were able to settle our dispute before serious legal maneuvers were required. Customer support was good.

Pros

I'm an older person (78) and don't like most software because it's not intuitive for guys who grew up without computers, but this program was reasonably easy to use

Cons

It's a bit hard to weed the advanced features and get to the basic features someone with simple needs wants

Logikcull: Fairly good, still needs some work

Logikcull is a web-based document review program, designed for human reviewers to sift through documents (as opposed to the new wave that are extremely automated). Many of the features of the program are fairly standard for this field: It imports documents (in my case, PST files from Outlook), scans them for duplicates, OCRs documents that don't already have machine-readable text, & allows the review...

Pros

It's run through a web browser, so no need to install special software. The UI is attractive and easy to understand. It seems to be able to cope with large reviews. There are a lot of different criteria which can be used for boolean searching to pare down the documents into a potentially-responsive pool. Most importantly, the support provided by the company is very responsive; I never have a problem getting someone to answer me, usually very quickly. Uptime is good (though scheduled downtime does occur, rather than the system being designed for five nines uptime).

Cons

The most serious problem is that if you try to tag too quickly, Logikcull can fail to save your work, & can fail silently so that you don't know unless you look for it. This arises when you want to tag a document with more than one tag & check the second tag before the first one has indicated that it has finished saving (which takes a second). This is not good for fast reviewers, as it slows their...

Hi Joshua, we appreciate your candid review, and we agree that automated review is the future of discovery. That¿s why we¿re working hard to build Instant Discovery - where you can start a project in seconds, search documents with Google-like ease, and where all of the risks associated with traditional eDiscovery solutions are eliminated. I trust that since you first began using Logikcull, you¿ve...

The iPhone of E-Discovery Platforms

We are a growing firm with a wide variety of technological skills and comfort levels, and Logikcull has been an excellent fit for us. It is apparent that user design and user experience is at the forefront of decision-making at Logikcull. Whereas some platforms are driven by engineers, and others are driven by enterprise, Logikcull is driven by UX designers. There are some trade-offs in terms...

Pros

Extremely intuitive and user-friendly; Cost-effective for small to medium firms

Cons

File compatibility is limited to standard, Windows-based programs (i.e. Microsoft Office), images, PDF, and PST; Limited functionality beyond the document production stage;

Very Good Option for Hosted E-Discovery Solution

This software has a very approachable user interface with a clean, modern look and substantial power on the back end to handle e-discovery projects. It is all browser based and works by providing search results in batches that can be filtered, coded and tagged, including by family structure. I had no problems in accessing the program and it is secure because it is in the cloud. It works well even just...

Cons

Logikcull saves time and money. The software is intuitive and requires no support from our IT team.

Pros

I love how easy it is the process and review data. To process data with our old solution, I would need support from the vendor AND our IT team. The processing was very slow and while it did the job, the search/review functionality was limited. With Logikcull, I can process data from anywhere there is a WiFi connection and I do not have to wait for the vendor or IT to get started. Thanks to the filter carousel, I have a ton of information available about the collection as soon as it's done processing. Logikcull essentially takes the first pass at the documents for me!

Cons

Because Logikcull is so efficient and I've revealed (and raved about) its capabilities with my boss, I now do far more discovery work in-house. Definitely not a win for my workload (or stress level sometimes), but the cost-savings are a big win for the Legal department and the company.

Logikcull is really a revolutionary eDiscovery product. We rely on it now.

Cost-effective and highly efficient document management and production under our control. That last part is huge.

Pros

Logikcull evolves with our needs and the company is incredibly responsive to suggestions and requests. Most importantly, it's easy to use and doesn't require a hefty investment in learning a confusing interface. It looks like a modern web application because it IS a modern web application that is applied to eDiscovery, which is an industry where UX and UI are often second-class citizens. In short, Logikcull is a huge advance for lawyers who need an everyday solution for document management, robust discovery tools and document production.

Cons

It still lacks some features common to older database-driven eDiscovery applications, but the gap is constantly narrowing.

Conducting a privilege review has never been easier

We recently had a case where we needed to conduct a privilege review of emails related to our client. Logikcull was the perfect choice for several reasons. 1. We were able to upload the emails and begin reviewing within minutes. We did not need to wait to talk to a project manager or anyone else from Logikcull before we began our project. 2. Logikcull's "Potentially Privilege" QC tag identified...

Cons

Satisfactory, but leaves something to be desired

Rapid searches, easy tagging, great filters

Pros

I enjoy the filters available through tagging and the ease of use with tags. I particularly enjoy the e-mail domain filters, that makes it especially easy to sort of privileged documents or locate correspondence. I am a construction litigation legal assistant, so much of what I do is looking for a needle in a haystack when the needle may not even be there. It is a powerful search engine and I was easily able to sort through 15,000 pages of documents to find precisely the information I was looking for. It was one page in those 15,000 pages. It saved me days and days of work.

Cons

I do not believe the de-dupe feature is up to par. I am consistently finding duplicates even within the same page on a search. It has not eased the burden of the dreaded e-mail chain, and I wish there was a better way to filter that out. Moreover, it can be slow to filter through things. I want to be able to click and it pull faster, but that may be a network thing. I also wish there was a form of communication like chat so that I could shoot my attorney messages about a specific document without actually tagging him. When I tag him, he gets an e-mail notification which I know he doesn't care for. I use this software far more than my attorney, and it needs to be as easy as possible to communicate with him and I don't think @-name- is exactly the best.

Logikcull is the easiest document management program I have used

I will likely never use another document management software program.

Pros

Logikcull make uploading and document review so easy. I have used other programs that required user intervention to match meta-data fields during upload. I can't say enough about the automation of the upload process. The search, review and tagging process is also so much easier.

Cons

The learning curve on preparing a production/download took some time, but their customer service is always right there to help.

Logikcull levels the large firm/boutique firm e-Discovery playing field.

Logikcull is extremely user-friendly and relatively easy to use -- even for someone with little to no eDiscovery experience. The more complex features of Logikcull may require an extra tutorial session with Logikcull's support staff to become at ease with the software, but they are very helpful and accommodating. The Help section of the Logikcull site is pretty comprehensive though -- it includes videos...

Logikcull in a Nutshell

I have had a great experience using Logikcull and we continue using it here at the firm. The support team is incredibly helpful and I have taken several trainings that got my knowledge up to where it is today.

Pros

What I like most about Logikcull is how you can Bates number your own documents without needing tech support to apply these numbers to your pages. Uploading documents is incredibly easy and makes Logikcull an easy platform to learn how to do eDiscovery. The CSV Reports make it incredibly easy to find documents once they have been downloaded and reviewed. And Logikcull makes it very easy to produce documents to opposing counsel, etc. through the program.

Cons

I wish it was easier to work with the documents for Trial Exhibit production. Logikcull is great for discovery production, but I found it difficult when it came to creating Exhibits for Trial. Also once the documents are downloaded, I wish there was a way to view all the downloaded documents in one PDF instead of searching through the various folders.

Excellent product and outstanding customer support

We've moved to Logikcull and never looked back. Great product.

Pros

Logikcull makes uploading, managing, reviewing and producing easy and fast.

Cons

Its email fields character limitation, but Logikcull has plans to address that.

I'd be lost without Logikcull

Pros

The Logikcull software enables me to review thousands of emails/documents responsive to public records in a clear, detailed, intuitive manner without the hindrance of manually pulling and reviewing hard copies. My favorite tool is using a search syntax to find duplicate responses. With the click of a button I'm able to reduce my workload once the duplicates are culled.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes of the software, I do dislike the name. I'd prefer it spelled Logicull.

The Market Standard for eDiscovery

See review

Pros

Flexibility, speed, and responsiveness to feature requests. This is software that makes small firms able to compete with the biggest in the business. It also allows firms to customize every aspect of their document production and/or request for documents to opposing parties. Data management is a key to litigating effectively, and Logikcull makes it easy,

Cons

Price needs be decreasing annually, not increasing. Software is getting increasingly competitive and Logikcull needs to respond to the market.

I've been using Logikcull for about a year now and absolutely love it!

We are able to more self-sufficiently manage our document reviews on our own timetable and ramp up or down as necessary. The clients save money and our costs are reliable and simple to explain.

Pros

I love the easy user interface and the fact that we can load, review and produce all on our own. Training my attorneys and staff is a piece of cake! Their customer support is amazing!

Cons

I wish I could delete documents from the database that I don't need so they come out of our storage costs. I'm happy to cull them so I don't see them and they don't appear in my search results, but many times I have huge slugs of complete garbage and I'd love for the client not to have to pay to store that junk.

Logikcull offers the same features of other e-discovery platforms for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Easy to use interface. Lots of power search and tagging abilities. Easy upload process. Many out of the box filters are already created for you so you don't have to learn how to use power searches to get most of the functionality.

Cons

Lacks ability to search the body of a document in the previewer for keywords. You instead have to run a keyword search that will search a plain text copy of the document in the same viewer but you can't jump to that section in the original document below easily.