Neos Logo

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.44/10

Reviews by rating

Everything went seamlessly and the support staff was WONDERFUL and answered all our questions timely. It was a smooth, easy transition.
I love the reporting features and dashboards that allows me measure KPIs efficiently. Our transition to Neos was quick and easy with great support from the Neos team.
I like the daily reminders on each case keeping us current and up to date on all our files. I like the simplicity of the calendar and the integration with Outlook.
Extremely buggy, poorly designed. A bad, infuriating experience.
What is very annoying is that Needles keeps billing us quarterly for "technical support" that is part of our agreement, but fails to fix our technical issues.

BW

Brian W.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Platform

We have solved document turnaround (docusign), settlement memos, and case tracking with this software. It has truly been a great help to our practice.

Pros

The checklists and role allocations are some of the most useful parts of this system. However, the document management is also excellent. The ease of import/mail/send-to-DocuSign functions are key in time saving.

Cons

The time tracking still needs work. There should be an easy way to get the time tracking converted into an invoice - just like with the settlement memorandum. This issue has prevented me from recommending this software to folks who still need to track time and invoice clients. There should also be a function (that appears to be not-quite-working) that tracks time as notes (dual entry).

Brian - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared it with the Product team. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

NM

Nikki M.

Transition from Needles to NEOS

Transition from Needles to NEOS…. We were very comfortable with Needles because we used the software from 2013-2021. So, when we first transitioned to NEOS we had hesitation and obstacles to work through. There were many challenges at the beginning, however with the training and support we received from the NEOS team they made it much easier to transition. We were very reluctant and wanted to go...

Pros

I couldn't imagine NOT having NEOS now!

Cons

Just the transition which change is always hard with anything.

Nikki - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

TS

Tasha S.

New User

This is my first time using this software and have only been using this for 1 month and am finding my way around it and learning everything that it does. I'm sure the more I use it, the more the ease of learning my way around it will be. There are just a few kinks that need to be straightened out.

Pros

I like that this software has tabs and places for you to put several different key points/information about the cases so that anyone looking at the case will be able to tell what the case is about and find pertinent information that they may need. It opens up the documents by clicking on them, which is also helpful. Being able to separate your cases by case type, staff, etc. is also a helpful feature.

Cons

The layout or structure of the software is a bit overwhelming. I previously used Time Matters Management and found that the layout of that software was much easier to navigate and see previews and notes in cases versus having to click on each individual case in this software to see what it is you need to see. It's just a few features that I think need to be updated. For example, the value tab would be much more sufficient if it could actually add up the total of the bills instead of having us add them each and every time (if there's a way to turn this feature on, please contact me). At times, it can lag really slowly switching from one case/tab to another.

Tasha - Thank you for your feedback regarding Neos. Switching case management platforms can come with a learning curve but we strive for simplicity. Hopefully, you are becoming more familiar with the software, but we would be happy to spend time with you to train you on best practices in the system. Please let us know how we can help. - The Neos Team

KH

Kevin H.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

I've administrated Needles for 10 years now

Pros

I love it's flexibility, and the sheer amount of customization that is available within the program and through external connections via ODBC and now API. Nearly anything will be possible if they follow through on their promises for extensive expansion of their API in version 5.0. I also like that it is a locally installed database, and isn't reliant on the cloud. That opens up lots of options when matching up data to other databases you have in-house. The bang for your buck with Needles is pretty exceptional.

Cons

It's still not as feature rich as some of the newer cloud-based alternatives, and the UI prior to version 5 is extremely dated. If you are considering moving to Needles, though, there is no reason not to go straight to version 5.

Md

Matthew d.

I love Neos

I recently started my firm. As a cloud-based platform, Neos allowed me to minimize my startup costs for IT. Updates are a breeze. I look forward to seeing the updates when they come in very straightforward and concise explanations of the changes. No more shutting down server for updates. What a great change.

Pros

Neos is a significant step up from its predecessor, Needles. I am a prior needles user and everything that I wanted needles to do, Neos has accomplished. From the ease of integrating Outlook emails and calendar items, document management, contacting clients, searching for information, organizing information notes, etc., Neos is everything I would want it to be. Also, cloud-based is the way to go. Updates are seamless. Set up is ease. No more server expense.

Cons

None that I can think of. And if there are any issues, I am optimistic that Neos has already thought of them and an update will be coming.

Matthew - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

CM

Colin M.

Needles use

Average

Pros

It tracks documents and allows for more data input

Cons

Too many to list so I cannot decide. Templates are time consuming are one

Colin - Thank you for your candid review. We are always looking for ways to improve the platform and truly appreciate your feedback. We would love to connect with you about the product and how we can improve. Please email support@needles.com with your concerns and we will be sure to address them. - The Neos Team

IP

Ivonne P.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Simple Product

its ok, the converting process was not great, and we switched from Needles desktop 5, so i was very disappointed in that part. The templates still do not work.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and intuitive and it's easy to train new people on it.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot customize some of the information and that we have to scroll down on some pages,

Ivonne - Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate the feedback and will contact you to resolve any outstanding items from your transition. Best, The Neos Team

SB

Stevan B.

well designed software

we believe that this was a good choice for the firm and it very practical due to the fact that its a web base software we can log in everywhere as long as you have internet connection.

Pros

very easy to use and set up, i was part of the implementation team since the beginning , it was a relative easy transition from the old needles to needles neos. Needles tech support took care of everything and was in constant communication with myself during the process. The whole firm also had a easy time figuring out all the tabs and how everything works. Needles provided us with training prior to going live which also helped us have a better idea on how everything works. The document/letter set up is super simple in comparison to the older version we were using.

Cons

I noticed that there are always new updates being done which its not a con. but with updates there are bugs and at times the system freezes. i would like to be able to name the documents when dragging and dropping it directly from the desktop to the file itself, currently neos does not give this option. system slows down every so often.

Stevan, thank you for your comments. We appreciate your detailed account of the implementation and onboarding of our product. We know that a well-made plan will always work best and are happy that it went well for your firm. We will certainly add your suggestion to rename a file when uploading the documents to Neos.

JJ

Jaynie J.

Jaynie Loving Neos

The calendar can be misleading at times.

Pros

Neos, PINS, Needles are all user friendly. Now with the cloud I simply love it even more! I use the calendar, documents, value, insurance, and note screens the most. Our Neo's Team is awesome everything we need at our fingers Thanks Team [SENSITIVE CONTENT] & [SENSITIVE CONTENT]for making it easy!

Cons

Sometimes I do not get all my messages the same day.

Jaynie - Thank you for your 4-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback around the calendar and have shared it with the product group. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

AA

Arthur A.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

New Needles Neos User

Love it and would not want to go back to the Old Needles program. There are updates periodically showing that they are improving this software and are listening to our needs.

Pros

Being familiar with the old Needles helped to ease into the transition of Neos. The transition was pretty easy due to the experienced Neos employees that assisted us with transition.

Cons

I wish there were different colors for the type of case PreLit vs Lit and closed files. There are some minor changes I would make in the "add in" and the knowledge to create more merge field documents for the lay person.

Arthur - Thank you for your 10 out of 10 rating. We are glad to hear your transition was smooth and you love using Neos. We will share your suggestion around color coding with the product team. Thanks again for your feedback and for being a valued customer! - The Neos Team

ZL

Zach L.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Extremely buggy, poorly designed. A bad, infuriating experience

Using Needles Neos provides disappointment and frustration at every turn. It is currently in beta quality, and the workflows are unintuitive and time consuming. We provided three pages of bug reports including broken functionality, missing features, inconsistent design, and suggestions for improvement. Neos is exceptionally bad at calendaring, document management and task assignment. The Needles team was unable and unwilling to sufficiently address our concerns with Neos.

Pros

A browser-based solution is a step in the right direction.

Cons

Needles Neos is a major regression from Needles 4.x., which our firm has used for over 20 years. We were misled by Needles staff as to the overall quality of Needles Neos and the ease of migration. It is extremely buggy, unintuitive, and not suitable for daily practice management. Overall, a very unpleasant experience. Unable to recommend. We have chosen to terminate our 20 year relationship and look elsewhere.

Zach - Thank you for being a valued customer for over 20 years. We are always looking for ways to improve the platform and truly appreciate your feedback. We would like to schedule time with your team and our training department to review your workflows and make any adjustments needed in our highly configurable system. - The Neos Team

MP

Micaela P.

Not a helpful program

Its an Okay system but would not recommend to anyone. And I only think its Okay because its tailored to our request.

Pros

I like that its customizable, this has been really helpful for the transition to Neos.

Cons

The program is slow, too many failed attempts/red screens and Oh Snap messages, when updates are made it is clear not enough time was spent perfecting the new feature. Every update sets us back drastically and we dread receiving the notice. The list could go on and on but I've already made my complains in previous surveys.

Micaela - Thank you for your candid feedback. Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch to discuss your experience and help where needed. - The Neos Team

CG

Charles G.

Excellent software - Excellent support

I cannot imagine running a personal injury practice without Needles. Needles keeps my staff on track and provides us a method to confirm the staff is on track. The support is excellent. The program can be customized to better fit my practice. As we grow and learn Needles grows with us. It allows us to better serve our clients because which keeps our clients happy and leads to more clients. The support is excellent. The set up process allows you to learn about your firm and how you firm can operate more effectively.

Pros

See my review. The support and ability to customize is second to none. We have tried a lot of software to help our practice run more efficiently and effectively.

Cons

Charles, thank you so much for your kind words! We are very happy that you love our product, and that your firm is continuing to learn and use Needles.

Angela R.

Neos Review

Its was positive for the more part. I was very exited about the change. Unfortunately, I feel it takes a lot of time out of the work day when the system is not working properly.

Pros

It was easy to navigate before all the upgrades

Cons

Every time an upgrade is done to the Neos, other features stop working properly.

Angela, thank you for taking the time to review our software. We know the commitment to change to a new software platform takes time and effort, and we appreciate your comments. Our latest feature enhancements modified the location of some fields giving users more flexibility in layouts. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us for additional support at any time. Our support department can assist you with any assistance you need.

JH

Joseph H.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

beware

poor

Pros

cloud based access. the review requires me to put more words in to post so i added this useless sentence.

Cons

slow and frankly very difficult to use. The most basic functions that I use all day are ridiculously hard to use. posting emails to the system is a nightmare. oftentimes i find out later that emails did not post to a file. When I attempted to resolve the issue I was told there was no way to. Names of parties in the system will mysteriously change.

Joseph - Thank you for surfacing your concerns with our Customer Support team. We are actively working with the firm to resolve any outstanding issues. We value you as a customer and are dedicated to your success with Neos!

SC

Stephen C.

Judiciary, 1-10 employees

Wholeheartedly endorse Neos

Excellent

Pros

excellent. in the cloud. ease of use out of office. Terrific product

Cons

difficulty in using "create document" which was easy in early Needles. not so much now. Taging eamil using MS online doesn't work.

Stephen, thank you for your review. We appreciate you being a supporter of Neos. I'm sorry that you've experienced some issues. Our Self-Serve Portal, available from the Neos Help Menu, can walk you through some troubleshooting steps. Our support team can work through the issues you are having with the Outlook addin. Our Word addin has been updated to provide users with the ability to create form templates to be used in the creation of case documents.

CD

Christine D.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Needles Case Management Software

Pros

It is customizable and interfaces with numerous other software. The ability to pull information out of Needles with the user defined report feature is great! Our office uses Needles religiously. It is the foundation of our clients' data. We also use it for HR/Staffing.

Cons

It needs updating! They have been working on an update for years and just have not made it happen.

MB

Michelle B.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Neos is a great office software

The transition to Neos has been good. The software can do so many things, I learn daily.

Pros

Value feature, dealing w/ numbers and case expenses and doctor amounts is very sufficient and simple.

Cons

The calculator in value, have not had much use for it.

Michelle - Thank you for your 4-star rating and honest feedback on Neos. We appreciate it! -The Neos Team

cc

christin c.

top notch customer support

great case management. Easy to keep up with several aspects of a case. Completely customizable.

Pros

LOTS of features. Easy to run a lot of reports, you can call customer support and get anything and everything you need made for you.

Cons

Can be confusing at times, a lot of features means a lot of weight to the software. Training is a must for daily use.

Thank you for your kind words, Christin!

KB

Krista B.

Easy to Use but Lacking in Search

Pros

It's easy to use and can be logged into from anywhere.

Cons

The search feature is VERY lacking. In the desktop application, the search was able to filter and index more than just letters or characters. This needs to be addressed.

Kirsta, thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding Neos. We are building our program with the assistance of customers like you and your firm. Our Product Team will be adding new features to the Advanced Search soon.

TH

Tony H.

Legal Case Management

Pros

The software is quick and easy to use. It looks modern unlike other law firms where the software still looks like it runs on a 90s server.

Cons

The new update changed the way we entered notes which I wished they would have kept the pervious update.

Tony - Thank you for your 10 of 10, 5-star rating. We're happy you like the modern UI of Neos! We appreciate your feedback. - The Neos Team

MM

Madeline M.

Accountant using Needles Neos

Pros

I really enjoy how the search bar has the option of searching "all". As well as the results preview that it displays after searching.

Cons

If there was a way to close a period so no more transactions could be posted to that specific time period, that would be helpful for purposed of extracting data and importing it into other systems.

Madeline - Thank you for your honest review. We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the product team. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

SS

Sydney S.

Great Program

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Keeps cases well organized.

Cons

The intake program is very limited unless you purchase Intake Pro. Most everything is not print friendly.

Sydney - Thank you for your 5-star rating. We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the product team. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

AB

Angelique B.

Love love

Love it

Pros

We love this system and it's capabilities.

Cons

Wish I could get a report just for adjustments and paid

Angelique - Thank you for your 5-star review and 10 of 10 recommendation. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We're here for you anytime. -The Neos Team

This is a clunky program

Pros

I like the calendar feature on the program which enables you to see other peoples calendars easily

Cons

I think the functionality of this software is somewhat antiquated compared to similar products on the market. It does not like to play nice with other software and often causes conflicts