AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

visit website

AWeber Reviews

Pros

Overall a very good website to help you with your email marketing and i am very satisfied with the results.

PB

Pontus B.

The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine.

I like the quality of email deliverability. I like the price when it is still small size list, affordable for newbie.

Cons

When the time came, the emails went out in the wrong order, annoying customers I'd spent years building up and making our company look very unprofessional.

Ben T.

Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails.

SS

Suzanne S.

By that stage, I moved everything to GetResponse because of the poor support.

cathie C.

Associate

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Turn email management into robust lead to sale concersion

Transcript

Cathie C.: I'm Cathie and I'm a career transition coach and professional development consultant. And...

Best email automation software on the market

Transcript

Jared S.: Hi, I'm Jared. I am a personal trainer. I give AWeber a four out of five rating. Click below...

Revisión de Aweber

Pros

Pros I just like the capability to look the stats on my campaigns and subscribers. They are compatible with most different softwares accessible. The cellphone app is pretty on hand, too. Their customer support is the first-rate I've discovered for an access stage plan for an e-mail autoresponder. Well, no longer the unfastened model, I do not think. But the lowest degree paid plan lets you call them as much as you like and they may be constantly very helpful. I experience assured that I can discern out anything I need to do as long as I can name them. Most different e mail carriers make you pay a lot more for that characteristic. This is probably the most important purpose I've stayed with Aweber

Cons

Cons the have improve región where you compose the emails but there are still issues Whit It I continously ought to undero my emails. and do hard retursn on each líne to get the spacing accutare Also there troubles with transferring for the duration of the email text and adjusting the font sizes and so fort i'm constalytly going returned to the drop menú make certain the font is an appropiate zise as It does not do not forget what font size i decided on for the preceding parágraph maybe there's an área to adjust this

AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing

I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

Pros

The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

Cons

I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

Great tool for daily emails at a great price!

AWeber is the budget-friendly solution to marketing emails! You don't have to spend a lot to get big results.

Pros

We send a daily email newsletter to several hundred people on a managed list, and AWeber allows us to do this scheduled in advance a month or so out, creat professional emails, and not break the bank doing so.

Cons

Occasionally the social media cross-post of our daily campaign has ended up with an AWeber logo instead of our own custom branding. Aweber has worked with us to resolve their issue on that, but for a few days it looked less than desirable. For the money we saved, we are okay with that.

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

Pros

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

Cons

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

Excellent software at a great price

Pros

I've tested many marketing software applications like this and Aweber stands out among them for a few reasons. They have top-notch customer service that is really helpful and they really care. And it shows because they actually offer phone support, something so few marketing software companies actually do. Aweber has a ton of features and their pricing is excellent for what you get. It is also super easy to use and to set up and overall it is designed in a really intuitive way.

Cons

It could have better reporting features and a nicer interface, but neither of those are big issues.

Thank you so much for the review, Kiva! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

The Aweber Review

Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

Pros

Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

Mass Emails made easy, especially if you do Campaigns

I found it a little bit of a learning curve, because it is powerful and has a lot of html graphical ability which is pretty and designer friendly like if I was a web designer, which I am not. The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine!

Pros

The ability to use multiple lists, OR the same list with segments.

Cons

I would love to be able to sort alphabetically inside AWeber my lists, to match with other databases to ensure that I have not missed someone. You have to export to excel for that feature or functionality. One other element threw me, it's case sensitive in other words if you search KATHY you will not find Kathy.

Turn email management into robust lead to sale concersion

Very good

Pros

This software helps us be sure we don’t keep sending invitation and sale email content to prospects who are now customers. Awebber gave us automation where we were needing to keep a physical eye on email lists. And cross reference information.

Cons

It’s not as easy to create content in as a long time competitor- and there is a customer service element that the same company excels in. However. The other things Awebber offers us are worth it.

Support on email requests

Thank you for your wonderful support, I am extremely happy with the service I receive on a monthly basis with this request of removing inactive members from my account. Thanks and have a great rest of the week

Pros

Ease of use and helpful support. Overall good and no complaints

Cons

I repeatedly receive automated responses despite the fact that I responded on the email

Customer Services

Loved it for the subscriptions I'm paying.

Pros

Simplicity of deploying. Amazing customer support.

Cons

Not at the moment. I'm really satisfied.

Alternative Aweber for those starting out.

Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns. I know exactly who is opening my emails and clicking on referral links or sales pages in my automations. That way I can create accurate reports for non-interacting people or buyers and etc... This is a big help to increase your sales, because you can focus a strong campaign on the right people, just by looking at the reports generated by the tool. I have an excellent relationship with aweber, the first 3 months were tense, but she helped me to get the necessary results to continue in the fight.

Pros

An extremely fantastic tool when it comes to email delivery. Incredible accuracy of my automations. Without a doubt it's one of the best I've ever used. A great help for those who are just starting out and don't have much capital to invest. Because aweber allows you to use and learn about the tool for free for 3 months. In addition to the company's integrity in providing knowledge to its customers...

Cons

Negative points about this tool, I don't have. But just an addendum, for those outside the US and needing to use the tool, it's a great idea while using the free months. But if you're setting up and collecting leads in your campaigns, no results. You may get frustrated, as the payment will be a little expensive, taking into account the dollar's value in relation to other countries. But on the whole, I have no criticisms about this software.

Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience

My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about. It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns. Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

Pros

I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on. Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Cons

Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

Old faithful

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Pros

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber. Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

Cons

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it. I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that...

Makes life easier

First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros

the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons

im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

Hi Richard, Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm. Brandon O.

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them. Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly. The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

Hi Jonas, Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account. Brandon O.

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

AWeber can help you improve your email marketing

Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros

I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons

From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

Easy to use email marketing platform

AWeber is easy to use and I've always received great support when I contacted their helpdesk. Usually got helped within minutes. I can tell the support agents and team really care about the customers. I would recommend AWeber if you're looking for a good email marketing platform that offers great email deliverability and customer support.

Pros

I like how easy AWeber is to get started with. Everything is well-organized (lists, subscribers, tags...) and you can quickly have your email list ready to accept subscribers. I found other autoresponders or email marketing tools either too complicated or lacking features. AWeber keeps it easy for beginners and has quite some advanced features for the professional email marketer. It also has many integrations with other tools, which is good for the professionals.

Cons

No cons here. I've been using this tool for over a decade. If I'm being picky, maybe some extra automations could be added, but so far I've been able to do all the things that are essential for my email business.

Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients

My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

Pros

Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details,...

Cons

I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

My email server of choice!

Pros

I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Cons

Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know! Brandon O.

One of the best

I have had a great experience with AWeber and I can say it helped me alot basically when I was at the beginning on the digital marketing industry.

Pros

Since I work with clients in order to achieve some Digital Marketing results AWeber has been some of the tools I have used the most. I like that it has some pretty form designs and that it has integration with a lot of themes and plugins for optin forms. I also like that AWeber has ease of use.

Cons

I use to regret about AWeber for its lack of automation features, but since this is not a limitation any more, I think AWeber is a great email & automation marketing tool.

Good for getting started

I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Simple and effective email marketing tool

Very good. We have kept this service for a number of years because of their support and functionality. Every software has its issues but if their support team are quick and effective it makes it a great software.

Pros

I like how you can easily put together a broadcast email here. Their support team are fantastic.

Cons

I think that it can be a little easier to turn off double opt-in for subscribers.

Good beginner option for email marketing

Generally AWeber is a good solid piece of software and was ideal for the first stages of email marketing. I had no problems with it at all .Once you start getting more than 500 subscribers you have to make a decision on the features you need and pricing bands for other companies. AWeber is still very competitive at under $20/month, but other competitors have superior features.

Pros

Price (free for first 500 subscribers), subscriber tagging, Wordpress plugin, landing pages and forms, Google Analytics

Cons

At the time, the pricing for more than 500 subscribers didn't work for me so I switched products to ConvertKit

Excellent email marketing for small businesses

I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Pros

Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

Cons

The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.