Clearstream Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.08/10

See full reviews by rating

I like how easy it is to use and how effective it is. Our members like how they can stay current with information coming to their mobile devices which is another way to simply stay connected.
The ease in which we have been able to onboard both additional staff as well as volunteers to utilize Clearstream has been wonderful. Nice refinement to create an affective and simple product.
The Customer Service has been outstanding always willing to help, quick response and willing to look into your situation to give the best advice to make the product work best for you.
We've only had one time where it took them an extended amount of time to reply. Apparently when a hurricane destroys the city your corporate office is in, it gives you a reason to not be open.
Switching between the main account and subaccounts is a bit confusing.
I can't get the emojis to work that is the only negative.

GM

Glen M.

Connections Pastor

Every Connection Counts

Transcript

Glen: Hey, my name is Glen. I'm the connections and communications pastor at my church and I would totally...

RW

Rachel W.

Bookkeeper

Love this company!

Transcript

Rachel W.: My name is Rachel. I'm the bookkeeper for a church. And I rate Clearstream four out of five....

JR

Justin R.

Clearstream is a Great Product

We have had a great experience with Clearstream. The messages go out as they should and responses are easy to find.

Pros

Clearstream stood out for us for a few reasons. One was the integration with Planning Center which we use for administration. The ability to set up automated responses added to our choice of Clearstream. Scheduled messages were great for us as well.

Cons

The biggest negative for us is the cost. AS a smaller church trying to find better ways of reaching our growing congregation, the cost of credits is high. Granted, most other mass texting software is the same or more.

TB

Trae B.

Clearstream 2022

Clearstream is fast, affordable, and effective. I have used other texting services such as text-in-church in the past. Clearstream beats them by a landslide.

Pros

Very easy to utilize because of it's integration with planning center. As a student pastor, it's so important to be able to communicate with students in an effective and timely manner. Being able to utilize our church system with clear stream as a major communication vehicle makes life and ministry more effective and easier than ever before.

Cons

Clear stream is very simple to use. I have found that if you do run into a road block, their FAQs and customer service is outstanding - all you have to do is ask.

Moly S.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Wonderful Software

In my view it will be one of the effective software.I love to reccomend others to use.

Pros

This is very effective software.it help me alot in my regular activities.i use it everyday.This software work very fast to perform my duties.

Cons

This is take huge space.i think they can update their app.it will be more user friendly.sometimes this app not response properly.

RV

Raffy V.

Great Software and Service

I recently inherited the connection center role at our church, and I had very little training using Clearstream. Fortunately, I found this software easy to navigate and use to communicate with first time visitors and keep our members informed of weekly events, activities, special notices, etc. I love the ease of entering several messages at one time and scheduling them for delivery throughout the week...

Pros

Easy to navigate and use Convenience of scheduling texts (I can enter texts for the week at one sitting.) Integration and media capabilities Clearstream app for my phone Dark screen mode Excellent support

Cons

I've only used Clearstream for about a month. During this time, I haven't encountered anything I do not like.

EC

Emilio C.

Great product and customer Service

Overall I am pleased with the product and will continue to use it. I would recommend this to others as well. The keywords, analytics, and other tools available are just so helpful.

Pros

The user friendly software both on pc and mobile platforms. Also the customer service is unmatched!! Every question or issue that would come up was either answered immediately or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and His team did everything they could in a timely manner.

Cons

The cost of sending images. I was using text mojo before and it was a cost of 2 credits per image and clearstream is 3 credits per message. Now its just one more but when i am sending to almost 100 people per week it can really cut into the credits. Also I understand there is no option to role over credits but it would be incredibly helpful especially for a youth group on a youth group budget. One month might be very slow and uneventful but now with school, Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, and new year's the credits i didn't use during the summer could have really come in handy.

JE

Jarrod E.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

The Way To Go

Pros

By far what I like the most is the integration with Planning Center lists. This makes Clearstream deftly effective at targeting specific groups within your congregation...and it makes it automatic.

Cons

Sometimes you need to manually refresh sync to your Planning Center lists after updating. A "refresh now" button would be great.

Hey Jarrod, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! Glad to hear the Planning Center integration has been so helpful! Your Clearstream account will sync with Planning Center every morning automatically, but if you need to sync in the middle of the day, you can do so from your integrations page. Just click View > click Run Sync Now. If you have any questions about that, please reach out to our team. We're happy to help!

MG

Marie G.

My Limited Experience

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his counterpart are great. They are knowledgeable about the product, patient, friendly and I love when the make a short video to show me what to do on my end.

Pros

My ratings may have been more about me and not your software. I've only been using this software for a limited time and still in the steep learning curve. We don't have a clear process owner in our church for this software, so it's confusing at time who I need to talk for changes, expanded usage, etc. With that said - I like the software and sending text to our church attendees. Like the fact you can set it up for a future delivery. Just learned how to attach a video for our Christmas Eve Services and that was great. Looking forward to seeing how else we might use this software to assimilate with our church members.

Cons

Can't see who I sent a message to from my end. With several subscribers list and messages I sometimes can't remember who I sent what to. Don't like idea I have to input a long list of subscribers into Planning Center than import into Clearstream. I'm a Fellowship One Champion and now have to learn yet another software until we make decision on what we are going to have as our main database.

CR

Crystal R.

Amazing

Just wonderful.....I have yet to experience anything bad. The customer service is efficient and they explain things beautifully.

Pros

It's hard to pick just one thing we like about Clearstream. It is easy to use, simple to understand set up, and customer service is simply amazing!

Cons

Having to purchase credits. Wish there was simply a monthly fee to pay.

Hey Crystal, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We're so glad Clearstream has been a great fit overall. I wanted to let you know, you can also be on a Monthly Plan with Clearstream instead of purchasing batches of credits. We're happy to help get this set up if you'd like. Thanks again for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate it. :) Thanks,

NN

Natalie N.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

A Must-Have for Churches!

Pros

Especially during this COVID-19 season, we love being able to connect with our audience regularly and at a moment's notice. Clearstream makes that possible. We are impressed by how ethically Clearstream operates and how seriously they take FCC compliance. The team at Clearstream is always helpful and extremely customer focussed. We also love the Planning Center Online integration.

Cons

I wish the mobile app could allow us to edit or change the time of a previously scheduled message.

BD

Bethany D.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

New to ClearStream

I work with college & young adults and staying in contact with them is challenging. Most don't use Facebook and there's no guarantees they'll see Instagram posts. Texting has been much more successful and a great way to get the word out quickly.

Pros

We're a church of 3-5,000 who are using ClearStream for children's, students, young adult, and connection teams - both for volunteers and participants. We're so happy to have this additional avenue for connecting with congregants, volunteers, and staff and it's been well received.

Cons

The package we chose does not offer enough long codes for the number of ministries who are using the software but we're making it work. In time we may upgrade to another package but for now it's the only thing that we wish we had more of.

RM

Rebecca M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Thank you for solving one of my communication problems!

Delightful

Pros

As the office Administrator of a small church (200 people), communication is vital to keep all of our functions and ministries rolling through the efforts of volunteers. This app has helped myself, and key volunteer leaders communicate clear, time sensitive info to people that they actually read!

Cons

This is expensive for us. Partly, because we have to go the Long code route in Canada, and then also the exchange rate. I still love it though, and have recommended it to a number of people.

DS

Danielle S.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Clearstream was the answer!

We have not had any issues with them. Really enjoy working with them. They were able to build us a custom plan that works with exactly what we need!

Pros

We love the fact that it directly integrates with our people data software so we're not having to double enter information. Our congregants have utilized it significantly as it's easier to send a text than to search on a website for something.

Cons

They have an app, but you can't access everything through the app such as keywords. To access those, you can login from your mobile browser, but there isn't a "login" button on the home page of the mobile webpage, so you have to select sign up first, then click on login. Not a big deal, but can cause a little confusion.

LF

Lovell F.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Life Saver

We were able to increase engagement/ support for our members and students

Pros

I love this platform! We are able to SIMPLIFY our engagement with our members and students. It is easy for use and Clearstream staff is quick to reply to questions.

Cons

There nothing that we do not like about this software

BB

Benjamin B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Excellent way to increase engagement and freedom for church members

Clearstream has really addressed a lot of our issues with prior texting services that had limited features. We really feel like we're using a professional level software that helps us better and more effectively communicate. The support team is also super helpful and responsive. Thanks clearstream team for making such and awesome product!!!

Pros

- Opt-in and opt-out - Using keywords really opens up so many doors - Integration with planning center - Import features - Professional nature that really helps us to communicate effectively with our people

Cons

- some of the account menu functionalities are a little confusing - wish we had more keywords for the price lol, those things are awesome - the interface style could use maybe a little updating? removing gradients and boxed layout (make it fullwidth and fully responsive). Really not bad! Just a couple thoughts

JC

Juan C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

CONSIDER CLEARSTREAM

Seamless, productive, and efficient.

Pros

First, it is a definite upgrade from Remind. It is user friendly and easy to get use to the navigation start page. I tend to use it once or twice a week to reach out to our church campus of any upcoming events or important information.

Cons

The only cons I have is actually explaining, “Text the number 97000 and send the text to the number”. Some people get it and some people need to be walked through the process. But other than that no real cons that I have experienced.

KB

Kyle B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Simple and Easy

Pros

Offered an affordable texting without a dedicated number. We needed short code and they have it. Easy integration into our existing software and quick response to developers.

Cons

None so far. Everything is great. We love it.

JE

JOSHUA E.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

An amazing tool during an ever changing Circumstances

clearstream has been a great asset to our church and outreach program and are trully blessed to be able to have such a tool accesable to us.

Pros

thanks to clearstream as a church we've been able to easily communicate with our congregation, and start new outreach programs that we never thought possible.

Cons

Well really isn't much we dislike other then sometimes multiple credits being used for duplicate contacts or numbers that no longer exist.

Hey Joshua, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear the positive feedback! I wanted to let you know that your Clearstream account will automatically screen for duplicate phone numbers so we will only a message to each phone number once even if they're in multiple lists. If you're seeing any issues with this, please reach out to our support team so we can take a deeper look. Thanks,

CR

Cari R.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Impeccable.... nothing like it!

It is our main communication tool between the church office and our congregation :)

Pros

Very easy to set up and understand! Their customer service is impeccable and should be modeled by other companies. Extremely prompt when asking a question and will send video responses on how to accomplish what you need to.

Cons

I have not found anything yet that is a TRUE Con.... I do wish we had more keywords to the basic account but that is a wish not a con.

as

aaron s.

Very satisfied customer

The app is great. I often have to send quick messages and reminders to different groups of people in my church and it is so easy to do this with the app. My previous service provider did not have this option and it's a game changer!

Pros

The transition was extremely helpful. I found out that we needed to get a new text service and that I had to replace it ASAQP. A quick chat with customer service and after a few minuted I had all of my questions answered and my new service set up.

Cons

The ability to insert a picture into a text would be very helpful. I create graphic announcements for emails, social media, and our website and it would be helpful to be able to drop that .jpg or .png into a text as a quick reminder for an upcoming event.

Hey Aaron, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear your feedback! I wanted to let you know that you actually can send MMS (picture messages) through Clearstream! This just needs to be enabled per account. I've enabled it on your account now. If there's anything else we can help with, please reach out to our support team. :) Thanks,

LG

Lisa G.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Have uses Clearstream for years; extremely useful

Pros

Very user friendly, serves multiple purposes, easy for our congregation to submit texts and respond.

RL

Riis L.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy! Easy! Easy!

Clearstream has greatly improved our communication with our teams and members.

Pros

The best feature for our organization was the integration options with the current platforms that we use. The mobile app allows us the utilize the two texting feature with excellence. It’s user friendly and reliable. Also, they regularly introduce new features and the customer service is excellent!

Cons

The sub account feature and the permissions for each role could user some work. If you establish the account be prepared to have to manage the overall layout of your sub accounts, admin permissions are limited.

DL

Danielle L.

The perfect system!

Our experience with Clearstream has been amazing! They have the best customer service I've ever experienced and the set up was a breeze with their easy-to-locate tutorials.

Pros

Clearstream is the solution to our church communication problems! So many people miss important info or connection because they are so disconnected from their emails or in-person communication. We have seen an increase in event sign-ups, new people getting connected, and effective communication!

Cons

Workflows was a learning curve but with the help of the incredible Clearstream team, the problem was resolved in less than 20 minutes!

GL

Garri Lynn D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Early on

Pros

While it is still early in our implementation and use, it was extremely easy to adopt and switch from one provider to ClearStream. The customer support provided by ClearStream exceeds expectations. This is also an extremely user friendly platform for communications users to use.

Cons

Again, it is early on in our implementation, however I dislike not having the ability to remove individuals if they were added via a communication list by mistake. I also, am not fully confident in the integration of Rock RMS instance and having information be recorded or logged to individuals in our church.

BL

Billy L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

A practical texting service heading in the right direction!

Pros

Ease of use and a simple interface with various points of integration with well known platforms makes this texting service a delight to use! With additional features being added for multiple languages it is heading in the right direction.

Cons

Some things missing would be changing certain form languages to better assist native language speakers.

BP

Brandon P.

Simplicity is Effective

Communication and promotion have increased dramatically because of our using Clearstream, and it has allowed us to gain momentum with gatherings and with meetings!

Pros

Clearstream from the start was by far the most user-friendly software that I have found yet. Everything from the app to the customer service has been reliable and simple. I don't consider myself to be tech savvy, but since integrating this into our lives, I find myself communicating on a whole other level!

Cons

The only thing I feel I would like to add is graphics to some of our messages, but I understand that takes data.