Clearstream

Clearstream | Powerful texting software built for churches

visit website

Clearstream Reviews

Pros

Clearstream has been a great asset to our church and outreach program and are trully blessed to be able to have such a tool accesable to us.

JE

JOSHUA E.

The Customer Service has been outstanding always willing to help, quick response and willing to look into your situation to give the best advice to make the product work best for you.

JS

Jennifer S.

The ease in which we have been able to onboard both additional staff as well as volunteers to utilize Clearstream has been wonderful. Nice refinement to create an affective and simple product.

GM

Glen M.

Cons

We've only had one time where it took them an extended amount of time to reply. Apparently when a hurricane destroys the city your corporate office is in, it gives you a reason to not be open.

SE

Shon E.

Switching between the main account and subaccounts is a bit confusing.

DS

Dan S.

I can't get the emojis to work that is the only negative.

TB

Tina B.

GM

Glen M.

Connections Pastor

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Every Connection Counts

Transcript

Glen: Hey, my name is Glen. I'm the connections and communications pastor at my church and I would totally...

Love this company!

Transcript

Rachel W.: My name is Rachel. I'm the bookkeeper for a church. And I rate Clearstream four out of five....

Excellent way to increase engagement and freedom for church members

Clearstream has really addressed a lot of our issues with prior texting services that had limited features. We really feel like we're using a professional level software that helps us better and more effectively communicate. The support team is also super helpful and responsive. Thanks clearstream team for making such and awesome product!!!

Pros

- Opt-in and opt-out - Using keywords really opens up so many doors - Integration with planning center - Import features - Professional nature that really helps us to communicate effectively with our people

Cons

- some of the account menu functionalities are a little confusing - wish we had more keywords for the price lol, those things are awesome - the interface style could use maybe a little updating? removing gradients and boxed layout (make it fullwidth and fully responsive). Really not bad! Just a couple thoughts

An amazing tool during an ever changing Circumstances

clearstream has been a great asset to our church and outreach program and are trully blessed to be able to have such a tool accesable to us.

Pros

thanks to clearstream as a church we've been able to easily communicate with our congregation, and start new outreach programs that we never thought possible.

Cons

Well really isn't much we dislike other then sometimes multiple credits being used for duplicate contacts or numbers that no longer exist.

Hey Joshua, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear the positive feedback! I wanted to let you know that your Clearstream account will automatically screen for duplicate phone numbers so we will only a message to each phone number once even if they're in multiple lists. If you're seeing any issues with this, please reach out to our support team so we can take a deeper look. Thanks,

Impeccable.... nothing like it!

It is our main communication tool between the church office and our congregation :)

Pros

Very easy to set up and understand! Their customer service is impeccable and should be modeled by other companies. Extremely prompt when asking a question and will send video responses on how to accomplish what you need to.

Cons

I have not found anything yet that is a TRUE Con.... I do wish we had more keywords to the basic account but that is a wish not a con.

Very satisfied customer

The app is great. I often have to send quick messages and reminders to different groups of people in my church and it is so easy to do this with the app. My previous service provider did not have this option and it's a game changer!

Pros

The transition was extremely helpful. I found out that we needed to get a new text service and that I had to replace it ASAQP. A quick chat with customer service and after a few minuted I had all of my questions answered and my new service set up.

Cons

The ability to insert a picture into a text would be very helpful. I create graphic announcements for emails, social media, and our website and it would be helpful to be able to drop that .jpg or .png into a text as a quick reminder for an upcoming event.

Hey Aaron, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear your feedback! I wanted to let you know that you actually can send MMS (picture messages) through Clearstream! This just needs to be enabled per account. I've enabled it on your account now. If there's anything else we can help with, please reach out to our support team. :) Thanks,

We Love Clearstream!

Pros

Clearstream works perfectly for us to connect with our members and volunteers.

Cons

It doesn't have a lot of outside integrations and it's automation workflows could use some work.

Have uses Clearstream for years; extremely useful

Pros

Very user friendly, serves multiple purposes, easy for our congregation to submit texts and respond.

Easy! Easy! Easy!

Clearstream has greatly improved our communication with our teams and members.

Pros

The best feature for our organization was the integration options with the current platforms that we use. The mobile app allows us the utilize the two texting feature with excellence. It’s user friendly and reliable. Also, they regularly introduce new features and the customer service is excellent!

Cons

The sub account feature and the permissions for each role could user some work. If you establish the account be prepared to have to manage the overall layout of your sub accounts, admin permissions are limited.

A practical texting service heading in the right direction!

Pros

Ease of use and a simple interface with various points of integration with well known platforms makes this texting service a delight to use! With additional features being added for multiple languages it is heading in the right direction.

Cons

Some things missing would be changing certain form languages to better assist native language speakers.

Love Love Love Clearstream

Great customer care and customer service. We love how Clearstream has responded during this COVID-19 outbreak and has blessed the churches to help communicate with our members. I have referred several pastor friends to Clearstream.

Pros

We love everything about Clearstream. The ease of using it, the functions, and everything. I do really love the keywords feature.

Cons

Honestly we have only been using this for a couple of months now and haven’t found anything we would change. Coming from an outdated software to Clearstream has been amazing.

Simplicity is Effective

Communication and promotion have increased dramatically because of our using Clearstream, and it has allowed us to gain momentum with gatherings and with meetings!

Pros

Clearstream from the start was by far the most user-friendly software that I have found yet. Everything from the app to the customer service has been reliable and simple. I don't consider myself to be tech savvy, but since integrating this into our lives, I find myself communicating on a whole other level!

Cons

The only thing I feel I would like to add is graphics to some of our messages, but I understand that takes data.

Powerful features and lightning quick customer service

Aside from the software, Clearstream has amazing amazingly fast customer service. I never ever worry about not getting in touch with someone. I go to their live chat and someone is on with me in like 1 minute or less.

Pros

They don't charge you for incoming text messages. I could literally stop there! Hahaha! They also allow for sub-accounts to keep things organized and they don't massively overcharge on keywords. The user interface is clean, sleek, and easy to use. I love that they have a phone right there to visually display your message. I also love love love that they are a monthly charge and that they allow you to build fully customized accounts to fit your exact needs WHEN you need it.

Cons

Honestly, I've not found anything I don't like so far.

Ecstatic New User

Overall Clearstream is a great application for the money. If you use planning center to organize volunteers, group gatherings and events, you need Clearstream. Planning Center doesn't have it's own texting platform, and doesn't look to get into that arena. Clearstream is a quick, simple add on with amazing benefits.

Pros

seamless integration with with Planning Center account. User friendly experience. Free Keyword. Easy to use dashboard. Incredible customer support.

Cons

So, far I don't have any cons. I've only been using Clearstream for 1 month. Everything has gone great and I'm looking forward to finding new applications for the service.

Increasing our reach through text messaging

For a while, our church has struggled with an effective communication strategy that includes text messaging. Clearstream has solved that problem for us. We have been able to automate much of our workflows and increase our overall engagement rate by incorporating text messaging into our on-boarding process for newcomers.

Pros

Clearstream is simple to use, their customer service has been fantastic, and for our church, the way Clearstream integrates with Planning Center Online has been a game-changer.

Cons

Some of the pricing tiers don't line up exactly with our needs. For example, in order to get more keywords or subaccounts, we also have to pay for more text messages, which we don't necessarily need. It would be nice to be able to have a bit more selection over which features we pay for.

Clearly the Best!

It has provided a valuable mass communication tool that truly helps get the message out.

Pros

Clearstream is a great communication tool. It is very easy to use and the integrations with other programs is seamless. Best texting application we have worked with thus far!

Cons

Would like the option of sending graphics or image banners (logos, created event art etc.)

Hey Tony, Thanks so much for the review! Glad to hear that Clearstream is working great for you guys! Concerning sending graphics: you actually can send graphics with Clearstream. MMS is manually enabled per your request. That being said, I just enabled it on your account for you and sent you an email on how it works. :)

RISING Church

It's been really great! Every church should give it a try.

Pros

How easy it is to communicate clear, concise details about our ministry in such a direct, accessible way

Cons

Multimedia support has been a bit of a bumpy road, but most issues have been resolved. This is a nit-pick, but would really love support for emoji added. I feel like being able to use emojis in certain messages would go a long way.

Hey Blaine, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Clearstream! Keep an eye out for an update coming very, very soon that may help your messages go farther. Again, thanks for sharing this feedback with our team. If there's ever anything we can help with, feel free to reach out! Thanks,

Seamless Integration with Planning Center

I have had to have very little interaction with Clearstream because the software use is straight forward and the tutorial videos have answered my questions, but when I have needed them, they were very responsive.

Pros

I like the ease of use and seamless integration to lists in Planning Center. There was a wee bit of a learning curve, but it was relatively painless and the training videos were very good. The mass messaging capabilities, the ability to use keywords, the ability to have multiple people be able to access the inbox and subscribers, are all great productivity enhancers.

Cons

I would like to see a forum where ideas about how to best use keywords could be shared.

How did we do things without Clearstream?!?

We have used this for broad, immediate communication such as event reminders and this week to notify everyone that we were closed (due to the polar vortex that hit Chicago).

Pros

The four things I've appreciated most are 1) ease of use, 2) excellent mobile app, 3) Planning Center integration, and 4) the incredible customer service!

Cons

That we didn't know about it sooner! My only issue so far has been from an administration and integration perspective with Planning Center - there are some limitations we've found that we're having to work around with multiple users. Would also like to see people who opted out for a specific message (rather than all messages, makes it harder to see new opt outs).

Hi Ashley, Thanks for your review! Concerning being able to view who opted out of each specific message, this is actually being included in a major update that we'll be releasing in a few months. :) Also, we updated part of our PCO integration last month, letting you always see the user who has enabled the integration. Go to Account Settings > Integrations > PCO to check yours. Let us know if you have any other feedback/questions.

Just Downloaded the App

Pros

I like being able to reply directly to texts when I want to.

Cons

Brand new user of the app. Looking forward to maximizing it's usage.

Easy & Convenient!

Pros

I love the ease of use! Clearstream is very user-friendly and the best way to effectively message a large group of people. I also love that you're able to customize the header of a message, and have the option of sending a longer message as well - even if it takes an additional credit to do so. Also, the ability to receive messages in return is a huge benefit! Finally, I love that I have the ability to search within different groups of subscribers. Clearstream does it all!

Cons

When there a multiple messages in the inbox, it's hard to decipher which subscriber list they're a part of and who they're replying to.

GREAT, EASY PRODUCT

Pros

The ease of use! And the update made it better!

Cons

There is nothing I didn't like about this.

Great product! You pay a little more for it, but its worth it!

Pros

The integration with Planning Center works great. The user interface is intuitive and very easy to use.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. The only thing that'd be nice is if the monthly credits rolled over, but I can understand why that doesn't work for them financially.

Easy to Use

Pros

I synchronize with Planning Center Online and the ease of importing lists from PCO is wonderful. I can quickly generate a list in PCO, push it to Clearstream and send a text message in minutes. I also like the clean look of the web version as well as the iOS app. It's easy to find the options that I need.

Cons

I find it a little on the pricey side, and wish that my unused credits would carry over month to month.

In Love With Clearstream

My overall experience has been great. The customer service is excellent and I love the ease of using the product.

Pros

We love how easy it ease to use the software. It is not difficult to catch on and set things up with the seamless interface.

Cons

There really is no cons. I wish we found you sooner!

Great Addition to Our Team

It's been a very useful tool in our overall communication with the people attending our church.

Pros

The user-friendly experience, and integration with PCO.

Cons

Exporting data does not always go through.

Integrates well with Planning Center

Pros

Planning Center integration is fast and intuitive. App is easy to use. Love the sub-account feature to allow for different departments to use it

Cons

A few things I'd like to see are the ability to see a subscriber's entire text thread (sometimes they reply to a text but I can't see the text they are replying to) and the ability to set up a recurring text.